Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
Legend
O
Perhaps people are also biased by his rookie year. He got off to a pretty slow start despite being drafted *relatively* high. Perhaps he got Mangini'd, but who knows.

I know that when I read about him I was really excited, but then was let down by his contribution the first year and a half (wasn't he injured most of his rookie year?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Ah my bad! I just know me and EO on the browns board were bashed quite a bit for it. Always fun listening to people who go off of madden ratings when grading OL.

EO it all started with the Bleacher Reports gradings.

I have never played Madden. Please!

I watch the games. Lava has terrible feet. Keep fooling yourselves and patting one another on the back. That will make it true.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Quote:

Ah my bad! I just know me and EO on the browns board were bashed quite a bit for it. Always fun listening to people who go off of madden ratings when grading OL.

EO it all started with the Bleacher Reports gradings.

I have never played Madden. Please!

I watch the games. Lava has terrible feet. Keep fooling yourselves and patting one another on the back. That will make it true.

Vers unless I'm mistaken I don't think that post was in response to anything from you man. I just agreed with you in another thread for Lava having bad feet. Even you have stated you don't want him benched. You comprehend that just because he's an average starter doesn't mean hes holding us back. You know he's still an asset that many teams would feel amazing calling him their 5th OL. There is no issue here.

The rest of my post was about Greco actually. Greco is the one who I was speaking about being given praises. I was actually opposing EO on that not bashing you in any way. I think you got turned around somehow. I was saying Lava and Greco are similar in skill and that as long as the other OG was as good or better than Lava that I don't care who he is.

The madden remark was just towards the guys you specifically called out in the other Lava thread. Guys who either love him and can't see weaknesses or who hate him and see no positives. Regardless I suppose it was a worthless comment anyways. I dislike when people arent objective in their views so I get frustrated at times.

Legend
Legend
When did you start giving pedicures bro

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I didn't tape our games I DVR'd them - after Sandy I got the genie box from Direct TV n could not save any of my DVR items. But I would not keep them anyway. I don't wish to memorialize a losing season. I have no clue what I will do when we go deep in the playoffs - I will deal with that when it happens

Vers...don't take it personal. I don't see terrible feet. I don't see a kid playing OT where that special footwork is needed. He doesn't labor with his footwork for what is needed with the Interior. He has improved tremendously in his passing off Pass rushers n taking them from another passing off (usually from the RT) - he does struggle from time to time with a delayed blitz. I think he is being placed (or at least tried out) at LG cause lately that is where a lot of teams have their best OG. Teams love to run to the left side as it is set up by the D for Pass Rush guys not Run D guys. Also the Right side is the power side n teams like to pull their LG to act as a trap blocker or lead block to the RB into the hole. Both Pinkston n Greco failed in that duty last year.

You don't look at Greco and think RG - again I have no clue how hard he worked in the off season on his strength. I think this could be more solidifying at least 4 long term links to the OL. Now the RG spot the easiest to transition to from college is open for possible competition? Is this where Gilkey will make his home? Is this a master plan to better our Long Term OL???

I know what I saw...I don't down play what you have seen but I think you see a play/game n make up your mind. IF Warhop thinks he can man the LG spot - I will trust that assessment. One thing I do know - As the season goes on and Lava plays well...You will tell all that you were wrong about him. I also know that until that happens you will have a HO-HUM and nothing can be said to change your mind. When I see n assess I am the same way.

Am I better than you in evaluating. You n I know evaluating OL is not a difficult task - why they are more successful than any other picks in the draft. I think its more that I have looked at LAVA more than you have. Not out of idolizing him. More so to off set with negative posts on him in a game that I thought he did well...I didn't eyeball him in a game. I looked at each play 2-3 times which you have to do to get the real story on the Interior. So many times on the eye ball I would see one thing then going back over n over especially when I get a slow mo replay I see what really has happened.

Actually its off season. No hitting in camps. None of us are going to change our perceptions of what we have assessed. I get it. Just don't get mad at me if I disagree I'm not insulting you although you possibly think so (I can't read your mind ) Fact is we have a lot to look forward to regarding the Interior specifically the OGs.

Is this just a little Look see? Is this part of a plan discussed with the Coaches? As in my assessment is that LG IS OUR WEAK LINK. So time to bring the kid who came along at RG n lets make him our LG n bring along another at RG traditionally the easiest OL position to transition to.

Is Greco being placed there as a Band Aid hoping one of the youngsters WINS THAT POSITION (Gilkey) possibly the OT from LSU? - Or is Greco the result of hard work n has earned the shot at starting? I think once hitting starts we will get some answers to all these questions. Some times OL can actually be fun. Those who go to training camp I hope will keep us abreast of these moves n Questions.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
For anyone interested, games are downloadable (pirated) typically by monday afternoons during the season. Oddly the only games available now are from 2011. Downloading is a pretty good alternative to streaming if you can avoid knowledge of the game through monday.

I can do some more snooping to look if anyone wants games from 2012. But currently I can't find any. Oh wait I have a few

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Oh my lord. Can you wash his feet while you're at it.

Vers doesn't know what he's talking about period. He says Lauvao has AWFUL feet and that's strictly untrue.

Did people feel the need to prostrate themselves at the other board because this is truly ridiculous. Not even borderline. I mean truly ridiculous.

Shawn Lauvao is a very athletic version of the ideal RIGHT GUARD. I have no idea why he was placed at LG in pre-Memorial Day OTAs.

But to say the guy has AWFUL feet is patently false. Watch the tape I pointed out. Hell watch the guy play and count how often he's falling on his back. I've never seen it. I follow the guy. He's nimble. And that's a pretty high complement for a Guard. He's local and I've followed his career more than any poster here GMdawg included (although we agree here).

I'll give you his weaknesses if you want them:

1. He will extend through his base at times and fall forward. I defy people to find times where people run him over. He has a very good anchor.

2. He plays through the echo of the whistle. Dumbly.

3. He gets people back for dirty plays and can get penalties in doing so.

4. I have seen him beaten on A gap blitzes where it appears to be a communication problem.

But the guy does not have AWFUL footwork and reading what you wrote brings it back up.

I know what I see. He's an interest to me so I've watched him throughout his career.

You tell me that I'm wrong with game tape well serve it up.

I just gave people some tape that shows he's about as nimble as any RG is ever going to be and has the strength to compete with the best of them as well.

Lauvao is not the problem and has never been the problem on our OL.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

Held - I have no clue what that means (I try to read minds but its so hard to do with only the written word...lol )

At first I'm thinking Lava? But you seem to like his play n a fan...man I was alone on the other board - I think I convinced some others.

I can only Assume my respectful post to Vers. I like Vers even though we disagree I don't have to rip him a new one if we do disagree. I'm sure there are plays - look people notice OL usually on bad plays for them. As stated I didn't realize how good he was until forced to look at him in depth the more I did the more I liked him. If I have a difference of opinion from someone who has an eye for football - I can only assume it is because I looked into it in depth. Thats pretty much what I said.

Still nice to have some Lava love on this board

I missed your tape...on this thread?

As Always its JMHO.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Vers doesn't know what he's talking about period. He says Lauvao has AWFUL feet and that's strictly untrue.

Your childish and bitter insults don't make what you are saying true.

I never said Lava sucked. I am saying he has terrible feet. He is a phone booth player. Your hateful retorts will do nothing to change my mind.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Undrafted F/A College Players in Rookie Mini-Camp

Link Copied to Clipboard