Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
You see, my posts never said that we didn't have a good judicial system. That was not what I said nor my intent. What I said was that mistakes are made and any time you have the human element, that will be the case.

I pointed out that has shown that mistakes were made. You, on the other hand, tried to say that juries didn't make mistakes. That's not true.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
[quote]And anyone who has worn or dealt with leather a lot, knows leather shrinks when it gets wet./quote]

Reminds me of an episode of Friends!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You see, my posts never said that we didn't have a good judicial system. That was not what I said nor my intent. What I said was that mistakes are made and any time you have the human element, that will be the case.

I pointed out that has shown that mistakes were made. You, on the other hand, tried to say that juries didn't make mistakes. That's not true.

This is where you just don't understand what I said, I never said juries are never wrong, I said juries are always right because they make their decisions from the facts presented and their verdict is FINAL. Go home or go to jail!

If you disagree with their verdict and have new evidence to present, you appeal or request a new trial. The jury is right until you prove there is other evidence which they weren't given, and you do that before a different jury. Now that jury's verdict is right and final.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
[quote]And anyone who has worn or dealt with leather a lot, knows leather shrinks when it gets wet./quote]

Reminds me of an episode of Friends!

Yea, that statement had me laughing and squirming. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
This is where you just don't understand what I said, I never said juries are never wrong, I said juries are always right because they make their decisions from the facts presented and their verdict is FINAL. Go home or go to jail!

Yeah, we're still not quite connecting here. You can't always be right and say they can sometimes be wrong. Even if your decision is final. Many times juries decide cases on purely circumstantial evidence. No matter their final decisions, those decisions can be wrong.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Originally Posted By: Swish
according to Fox news, that guys is a hero Cjrae. so i guess America cares.

Don't know, Swish. I have never heard of Zimmerman heralded as a "hero". I, for,one, could care less what he has to say about anything. Just my opinion.

My father looks at him like a hero, bc to him tray on was a thug who simply got what was coming to him....

It's sad, but my dad, and some of the blowhard ppl he listens to on the radio.....he always assumes the black man is guilty, cuz to him, they are all thugs, murderers, and thieves.

It's sad, I remember in one case awhile back, and some guy committed some awful crime, and he had a Jackson surname, which caused my old man to launch into some race hating rant, and I was thinking the whole time, the criminal in the case wasa white man....but never let the facts of the case get in the way of your rant about how all blacks are thugs, women beaters, thieves, and murderers...

Sometimes I hate my father and his ignorant opinions, and his self righteousness when he talks about stuff like this. ..

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden

Don't know, Swish. I have never heard of Zimmerman heralded as a "hero". I, for,one, could care less what he has to say about anything. Just my opinion.

My father looks at him like a hero, bc to him tray on was a thug who simply got what was coming to him....

It's sad, but my dad, and some of the blowhard ppl he listens to on the radio.....he always assumes the black man is guilty, cuz to him, they are all thugs, murderers, and thieves.

It's sad, I remember in one case awhile back, and some guy committed some awful crime, and he had a Jackson surname, which caused my old man to launch into some race hating rant, and I was thinking the whole time, the criminal in the case wasa white man....but never let the facts of the case get in the way of your rant about how all blacks are thugs, women beaters, thieves, and murderers...

Sometimes I hate my father and his ignorant opinions, and his self righteousness when he talks about stuff like this. ..

Your dislike of your father's assumptions is understandable.....meaning: I don't want to "like" your hating your dad about it....but yeah, wrong is wrong.

Kinda like assuming all TEA party members are rascist, isn't it? And I'm not a TEA party member - if there even IS such a thing.

1st String
1st String
Man, this nation is weak.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
If Trevon had killed Zimmerman nobody would have ever heard about it.

don't make stuff up.

I think this would quite likely be true. There's almost no way it would have sniffed the national media, and almost certainly would not have had any traction over the long haul.

And honestly, if Zimmerman's last name was Garcia or Lopez or something similarly Hispanic, we wouldn't know who Trayvon is either simply because there's not much about the incident that they can easily sensationalize.

It's for reasons like this as to why its so important people get back to talking face to face. The media will gladly portray minorities as people unfit to live in a civilization. Then to stir things up they take up the mantle of "helping the oppressed" by trying to point out 'systemic' racisms in white vs. black incidents, even tot he point they doctor and manufacture stories (for example NBC editing the 911 tapes, posting a picture of Trayvon from several years prior, playing up the new term "white Hispanic", etc).

And then they swing it back the other way, and Swish, I can't imagine you NOT agreeing with me when I say if you are a pretty blonde, blue eyed woman who goes missing more than 6 hours form your hair appointment, you have a significantly better chance of the National Media plastering your face on every TV than you do if you are some 8 yr old black girl who was abducted on the side of the road after school and haven't been seen in over a week.

The Media needs some kind of massive Reformation... I just don't know how that can be accomplished.

For some of you older Dawgs, was the media always so biased and politically charged? It sounds like that at one point is was an honorable profession and was respected.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I get it that some think you can just switch colors and compare, but that also ignores what often is the real story behind the coverage.

Race is an issue whether some want to forget it or not. I'm still ugly even if I want to pretend, insist or campaign that I'm not.

Blacks shooting blacks or whites shooting whites is more than a bit irrelevant.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
If Trevon had killed Zimmerman nobody would have ever heard about it.

don't make stuff up.

I think this would quite likely be true. There's almost no way it would have sniffed the national media, and almost certainly would not have had any traction over the long haul.

And honestly, if Zimmerman's last name was Garcia or Lopez or something similarly Hispanic, we wouldn't know who Trayvon is either simply because there's not much about the incident that they can easily sensationalize.

It's for reasons like this as to why its so important people get back to talking face to face. The media will gladly portray minorities as people unfit to live in a civilization. Then to stir things up they take up the mantle of "helping the oppressed" by trying to point out 'systemic' racisms in white vs. black incidents, even tot he point they doctor and manufacture stories (for example NBC editing the 911 tapes, posting a picture of Trayvon from several years prior, playing up the new term "white Hispanic", etc).

And then they swing it back the other way, and Swish, I can't imagine you NOT agreeing with me when I say if you are a pretty blonde, blue eyed woman who goes missing more than 6 hours form your hair appointment, you have a significantly better chance of the National Media plastering your face on every TV than you do if you are some 8 yr old black girl who was abducted on the side of the road after school and haven't been seen in over a week.

The Media needs some kind of massive Reformation... I just don't know how that can be accomplished.

For some of you older Dawgs, was the media always so biased and politically charged? It sounds like that at one point is was an honorable profession and was respected.

point taken bro. good stuff.

Last edited by Swish; 03/26/15 11:12 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Nn
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden

Yes, it happens all the time, just like the "hands up don't shoot" fact or fallacy of Ferguson. That is not what occured. Judge and misbehave before the facts of the case are all out. Somehow, I believe in situations like with your Dad and Ferguson, the facts don't necessarily matter, unfortunately.

Both are situations where level headed and thinking people must prevail. This type of behavior occurs all around us from all colors, religions, creeds , nationalities and mindsets.

Please do not hate your Father, he was most likely raised with that type of ignorance. I don't mean ignorance in a defamatory manner, just that this is probably what he was taught from someone who did not know any different.

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

80% of the media is controlled by 6 corporations. They want us divided, they want us to hate each other because it makes them money. No one cares about the good that people do, we only care about the bad.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I appreciate that man, I really do. I know we tend to butt heads a lot on this issue, but I haven't put you on ignore. I think its important people get to talking first before they start worrying about trying to convince the other person who's right and who's wrong. That's where you start to find the common ground.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
to be honest man it's all about hope.

that you realize, as a cop, how the media portrays the race relation and such, truly goes a long way, and i mean that Devil, seriously.

Look bro, I understand you guys have a hard time in general. I really do, thats why in reality, I don't fault y'all for doing what y'all do. I only have to do with bad guys during deployments. you guys deal with that lifestyle everyday of the week.

I'll promise to make a conscious effort to be more understanding of what you guys goes through on a daily basis for here on out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... George Zimmerman Interview - Accuses Obama of Dereliction of Duty

Link Copied to Clipboard