Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart
I took the leap and bought Bloodborne yesterday, but I probably won't be able to play it until this weekend.

Do let us geeks know what you think of it! I'm hoping to finish Resident Evil remake this weekend and will be open to this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
*admins* please delete this, sorry.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 03/25/15 09:21 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would love to see a high school game. You previously could do a lot with that Team Builder site and import high school teams and what not. So I think that could be fun but with a little more customization in regards to the leagues, conferences, names and etc.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, sir.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I actually liked the Madden and NCAA games where the players you recruited and drafted were randomly generated. So you really had to do a bit of work as well as get lucky. I think it was a fair comparison to the real NFL.

The newer versions of madden use the same prospects right? So realistically you can just do trial and error, no?

Also, in my however many years of playing Madden and NCAA, I don't think I ever saw a draft class that was uploaded to Madden that didn't end up being stupid..

I think the last one I recall trying, Sam Bradford was a 98 Overall Rookie..

He'll I remember once me and my brother took over Western Kentucky, and put ourselves on the team (edited players) as 99 overall..

I was a 99 overall WR with 99 speed, 99 catching, everything..

We then put those players in Madden.. And suddenly I had 88 speed..

Yeah I never really did that. I liked woking with what I had with late season updates that way rookies are rated accordingly. I like the work you have to put in to building a team. where to dedicate your time and resources, as well as maintaining the cap. Which with the Browns, is quite easy since you aren't paying any QB's, QB type money.

I think I posted it before, but I was playing NCAA and have taken UAB from the bottom of the barrel up to prominence. No titles yes, but a ranked finish and some quality wins. I find NCAA to be the best of the sports games (outside of FIFA) and I probably won't upgrade until I know it's coming back.

I've said it a few times, but I have a contact at EA, and he says he thinks NCAA will be back in some form in the coming years. Just my opinion, but I think the schools are happy to give the license, as well as the NCAA, but they just don't know how to present it. They can make the game, they just cannot make likenesses. No #12 6'5" QB's that play for OSU, etc..

For guys like me, I could care less if you have current players. It's all about the future and creating something versus working with what you have for the year the game was released. I know I'm probably in the minority though. They have to cater to the average NCAA fan.

Yeah, My brother keeps pushing for me to get an Xbox One, but I'm not until they start making NCAA for it...

I'm currently the Defensive Coordinator for South Alabama. Trying to figure out what kind of path I want to go..

I feel like they could make a "generic" game, but as long as places like Operation Sports are around, you're going to have people making real rosters and whatnot..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I actually liked the Madden and NCAA games where the players you recruited and drafted were randomly generated. So you really had to do a bit of work as well as get lucky. I think it was a fair comparison to the real NFL.

The newer versions of madden use the same prospects right? So realistically you can just do trial and error, no?

Also, in my however many years of playing Madden and NCAA, I don't think I ever saw a draft class that was uploaded to Madden that didn't end up being stupid..

I think the last one I recall trying, Sam Bradford was a 98 Overall Rookie..

He'll I remember once me and my brother took over Western Kentucky, and put ourselves on the team (edited players) as 99 overall..

I was a 99 overall WR with 99 speed, 99 catching, everything..

We then put those players in Madden.. And suddenly I had 88 speed..

Yeah I never really did that. I liked woking with what I had with late season updates that way rookies are rated accordingly. I like the work you have to put in to building a team. where to dedicate your time and resources, as well as maintaining the cap. Which with the Browns, is quite easy since you aren't paying any QB's, QB type money.

I think I posted it before, but I was playing NCAA and have taken UAB from the bottom of the barrel up to prominence. No titles yes, but a ranked finish and some quality wins. I find NCAA to be the best of the sports games (outside of FIFA) and I probably won't upgrade until I know it's coming back.

I've said it a few times, but I have a contact at EA, and he says he thinks NCAA will be back in some form in the coming years. Just my opinion, but I think the schools are happy to give the license, as well as the NCAA, but they just don't know how to present it. They can make the game, they just cannot make likenesses. No #12 6'5" QB's that play for OSU, etc..

For guys like me, I could care less if you have current players. It's all about the future and creating something versus working with what you have for the year the game was released. I know I'm probably in the minority though. They have to cater to the average NCAA fan.

Yeah, My brother keeps pushing for me to get an Xbox One, but I'm not until they start making NCAA for it...

I'm currently the Defensive Coordinator for South Alabama. Trying to figure out what kind of path I want to go..

I feel like they could make a "generic" game, but as long as places like Operation Sports are around, you're going to have people making real rosters and whatnot..

That's why I think the game could still flourish. As long as it's well known between even the casual NCAA gamers, they would always be able to download the true rosters for the game.

Ed O'Bannon or any other player who took issue with it couldn't do anything, because the rosters are fan made. They don't come with the game, they're all created and adjusted. The rosters used to be changed in name only, but I know the last few years even the skill ratings have been adjusted.

The game would totally be fine.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
I would love to see a high school game. You previously could do a lot with that Team Builder site and import high school teams and what not. So I think that could be fun but with a little more customization in regards to the leagues, conferences, names and etc.

I think it would work if you focused the majority of the game on player development.

Being able to fully customize schools, colors, unis and stadiums would be cool too. I don't know if it would be enough for a full game, but a DLC or an add-on to NCAA? that would be incredible. I know there is HS sort of in NCAA, but it would be far more expanded. I'm sure users could make conferences as well.

Legend
Legend
I'd love an AD mode..

If I build Wyoming up to a powerhouse, but we're still playing in a HS sized stadium, that's silly..

Hell Akron just spent a couple million on a football team.. And they're terrible (side note: their National Champion Soccer team still plays on a HS field..)

I feel like sports games are focusing way too much on graphics and even animation, and not enough on the actual game itself..

I don't care if Madden has 100 different tackle animations.. If the Franchise mode sucks..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I've had some issues with gameplay in both Madden and NCAA (superhuman linebackers that can jump up and intercept EVERYTHING) but seriously, put in a version of either game from 7 years ago and you can tell the gameplay has improved.

With the off the field stuff, they tinker every year. Some versions of the game are not as good as others. NCAA 12 is incredible. It's such a perfect game.

Also the Madden that had Peyton Hillis had an awesome franchise mode. I loved the way the draft worked and how you could scout, but even if you worked hard looking at players, you still needed to get a bit lucky. I always felt that to be realistic. Like you'd unlock stuff about a guy and it would seem like he could rate in the 90's, but it turns out he never really gets past the low 80's... Seems unfair but again, the NFL is unfair.

Legend
Legend
Does anyone know anything about game licensing or whatever?

I bout NCAA 14 online as a download, and now it will only let me play it if im connected to the internet..

Even if im not using the internet for it..

I was in the middle of an offline dynasty game, and my wifi went down, and it kicked me back to the dashboard..

I understand that the game should only work with the gamertag I purchased it with, but I dont feel like I should have to be online to do that..

Really annoying.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Interesting, this just lit a bulb over my head. I downloaded Tomb Raider and whatever the free game available for the Xbox 360 is right now and noticed that they didn't install on my hard drive. However, I could still play them as if they were. This makes me wonder if they're now allowing us to play digital games only over WiFi instead of installing them so we can play them offline. If that's the case, I'm going to be pissed. I almost always play NCAA Football 14 offline because it runs much smoother when not connected to the Internet. If I can't do that anymore, I think my NCAA days are done and I'll have to seriously consider my commitment to Xbox.

Also, realize EA won't support NCAA Football's online servers for eternity. At some point in the near future (probably), they'll stop and nobody will be able to download community rosters anymore.

Legend
Legend
You dont need Roster share to get a custom roster.

Some people download them off the internet and put them via USB.

Because most people dont edit rosters in game, as that'd take forever. Theres a bunch of file editors out there that are basically like Excell, and you just change the info and put it back in..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good call, I don't know why I didn't think about that.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Im still playing super mario 3 on The Nintendo Entertainment System! Never gets old

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 1day
Im still playing super mario 3 on The Nintendo Entertainment System! Never gets old

Heck yeah man! My bud still has his old NES system so we can play Mario Cart!

Legend
Legend
I have a ton of emulators on my laptop.. N64, PS2, GBA..

I even downloaded a GBA emulator on my phone so I could play Pokemon..

The N64 emulator on my phone sucked, based on the on screen buttons.. Too difficult to play Mario Kart on it..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nice! I have been playing the snes legend of zelda: a link to the past recently.

Eat it Phil...
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
As far as new games go, I have COD AW, Order 1886, and Battlefield.

Order of 1886 has the greatest graphics I have ever laid eyes on. It truly is a masterpiece. The gameplay is good, but it is very short. But for the experience of only the graphics it is worth the buy.

COD AW is always a fun game to plug in adn play.

Battlefield I am dissappointed in. I just bought it Sunday and I am going to trade it in I think.

Legend
Legend
I'm sticking with Black Ops 2 for now..

I disliked Ghost, and am not a fan of the "futuristic" weaponry they are leaning towards..

..seems to much like Halo, and I hate Halo..

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I have a ton of emulators on my laptop.. N64, PS2, GBA..

I even downloaded a GBA emulator on my phone so I could play Pokemon..

The N64 emulator on my phone sucked, based on the on screen buttons.. Too difficult to play Mario Kart on it..

I actually bought a SNES looking usb controller on amazon for 9 bucks. It's not officially licensed or anything, but it definitely has the same feel.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I'm sticking with Black Ops 2 for now..

I disliked Ghost, and am not a fan of the "futuristic" weaponry they are leaning towards..

..seems to much like Halo, and I hate Halo..
Frorm what I hear this year's COD will be going back to the WWII era. Im a little excited about it. Its been a while since it has.

Legend
Legend
Just set up a couple of dedicated servers for Insurgency for the group I game with to play on.

It's a pretty fun game, especially as a multiplayer co-op.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I figured out my NCAA offline problem..

While I bought it on my gamer tag, I bought it on my friends xbox, because it was on sale at the time, and I didn't have a system yet..

So I have to switch the license over to my system..

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming What games are you currently playing?

Link Copied to Clipboard