Next Thread
Print Thread
#911010 01/02/15 12:10 PM
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
Since the "things are different around here" stuff I have had a few occasions where logging in took several attempts. When I entered my name/password it seemed like the page just refreshed and I was still not logged in. After a few cookies clearing and browser close/open operations, something eventually works. Just not sure what exactly or there is something I should be doing differently.
Or is there an issue if I'm logged in on 2 devices?
Thanks.

Legend
Legend
Logging in on multiple devices shouldn't matter at all. I do it all the time.

There does seem like there have been some cookies issues since the upgrade, but in general they seem to go away - in my experience at least.

Let me know if issues continue.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hey purp,
For the past week, everytime I log in on one device, it logs me off of every other device. I'm usually logged in at 4 devices: Work, Home, Phone, iPad. Never had issues before but like I said, it is only letting me be logged into one device at a time right now.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ~Con~Artist~
Hey purp,
For the past week, everytime I log in on one device, it logs me off of every other device. I'm usually logged in at 4 devices: Work, Home, Phone, iPad. Never had issues before but like I said, it is only letting me be logged into one device at a time right now.

When I find time, I'll sift through the login code to see what I can find. I'm not terribly pleased with it, either. I get logged out much more frequently than ever before and it's really annoying.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't know if you did anything yet but I can be logged in on multiple devices again now. If not, who knows what happened. Either way, thanks!

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Haven't done anything, yet.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Haven't done anything, yet.

But you're doing it with style and panache.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I haven't been able to login through my PC for 2 weeks now. I can only get on through my phone.

I should check my Mac at home tonight.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I haven't been able to login through my PC for 2 weeks now. I can only get on through my phone.

I should check my Mac at home tonight.

When you have a problem like this, please try to describe what you mean by "can't log in". There's a few different things that could cause this and describing what you're seeing and any messages you are getting (or not getting) can help me figure out how to help you.

In the interim, something I've found (even on the pre-upgrade site) to help, is to Log Out. It kinda hits the reset button, so to speak, and allows me to log in again. The easiest way to do that is to click this link: https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/logout

Once it logs you out, you should be able to simply log in again.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I select "log in", enter my username and password, check the "remember me" flag, hit "log in", & I return to the main page but I'm not logged in. No error message too. I'm using IE9.

I did attempt to log in through Chrome on my PC and I got in. Maybe it's an IE9 issue.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Oh, I tried the logout link with IE9 and it didn't help.

Maybe I'll just use Chrome for this site only.

[Linked Image]

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I select "log in", enter my username and password, check the "remember me" flag, hit "log in", & I return to the main page but I'm not logged in. No error message too. I'm using IE9.

I did attempt to log in through Chrome on my PC and I got in. Maybe it's an IE9 issue.

yea. its internet explorer. if you do not check the remember me box it will let you sign in.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
It's definitely an IE9 issue.
It handles cookies "differently". This version of the software at one point had a fix put in just for IE9 and how it handles cookies... Microsoft then came out with a patch that subsequently un-fixed things.

As for cookies and expirations, I've just discovered that the default maximum cookie lifetime under this version of the software is 7 days, regardless of what I set the configuration to. So, you can tell it to "remember me", but it will do so for only 7 days. That will change SOON.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Hi, Purp. Read through these, and it helped (I think). Since the upgrade, I have been getting logged off much more. I log in OK, click 'remember me' and can post again.
Just read the cookie posting and didn't know if the fix was in or not. Nuisance, not problem.

FWIW,, I am on a Mac, this device only and using Safari. Just puzzled by the need to log in as often as I have. Still, love the board features in this new & improved. Thankee!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #942339 03/31/15 01:07 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
FWIW,, I am on a Mac, this device only and using Safari. Just puzzled by the need to log in as often as I have. Still, love the board features in this new & improved. Thankee!

Do you have private browsing turned on?

#GMSTRONG
Tulsa #942396 03/31/15 04:15 PM
Legend
Legend
It happens to me as well, roughly once per week per device (give or take). I haven't had time to look any further than what has already been posted.

Browns is the Browns

Tulsa #943179 04/02/15 05:19 PM
Legend
Legend
No, I do not as far as I know. Just did a system upgrade and still straightening stuff out.

Gimme a bit more than the question, please. If yes or if no, then what are you pointing out or referencing. Not computer bright am I.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #943287 04/03/15 07:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Try this link, it probably says it better than I could type it all out.

Private Browsing in Safari.

#GMSTRONG
Tulsa #943498 04/03/15 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ty

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
I have log in issues on every device I use. This includes iPad, win 8.1 pc and tablet, and an android tablet. I have to log in every time I come here, and remember is checked. Someti es I have to log in twice.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Log in issues

Link Copied to Clipboard