Next Thread
Print Thread
#947195 04/15/15 09:59 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I have been thinking about how many people deliberately try to antagonize other posters into saying something to get them suspended. Hell, I know of one poster who called another a liar and then reported that poster for calling him a liar when he was indeed lying.

I recently saw a couple of guys discussing who was the youngest person on the board. The one guy said he was 23 and no one challenged him.

23 is not young.

My point is that when you receive idiotic replies such as this:

Quote:

So, he's not paid by the Browns? Like you said he was?

He's got a job to do. He does it.

Who's the joke?

Why can't we say something like Blank off? Seriously? Guys like that are simply trying to provoke other posters into saying something to get them banned. They are lacking self esteem and get their fix by bad-mouthing other posters. Why can't we put them in their place. Who is that young here that we can't say......... blank off?

Versatile Dog #947216 04/16/15 03:05 AM
Legend
Legend
Maybe because the rules say that we maintain a certain level of civility, even in the midst of a heated debate.

Personally, I think that anyone who has to say "blank off" in a debate is admitting that he has lost, and that's the best he can come up with. I am glad that there is no extreme swearing allowed on this site. I don't want to read "blank you", or "blank off" constantly, as some sites allow.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
YTownBrownsFan #947226 04/16/15 06:52 AM
Legend
Legend
Isn't it a shame that we have to have rules to maintain a certain level of civility?

#GMSTRONG
Tulsa #947257 04/16/15 09:17 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Isn't it a shame that we have to have rules to maintain a certain level of civility?

so sad because it is so true.

While I understand Vers' point ,and I aint no choir boy... I don't want to read through a bunch of %&^%^&^&, there is already too much flotsam and jetsam to read through.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Versatile Dog #947306 04/16/15 11:57 AM
Legend
Legend
What's dumber.... people baiting people (as you claim), or people who never see the bait for what it is and bite every.single.time.?

Quote:
They are lacking self esteem and get their fix by bad-mouthing other posters.

Whose self-esteem is weak enough to be bothered by the anonymous postings of random people on the internet?

What does self-esteem have to do with any of this, anyway, other than you want to take a dig at people amidst your rant?

Quote:
Why can't we put them in their place.

By all means, feel free to -- in a manner that is withing the confines of the rules of this site.

Quote:
Who is that young here that we can't say......... blank off?

Me. And age has nothing to do with it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PrplPplEater #947317 04/16/15 12:42 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
While I've been suspended 2, maybe 3 times - no one but ME got me suspended.

I appreciate the rules of the board. There's no need for "blank off" posts, whatsoever.

What's weird is when someone thinks people are ganging up on him/her simply because of their posting name as opposed to the real reason: what they post.

Some can dish AND take. Some can only dish.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Request

Link Copied to Clipboard