Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Why do you ask when you don't want the answer. I responded to 32. I did NOT respond to Willie until after he called me out. Sheesh!

This is my last post on the subject because it's getting out of hand..

This was YOUR EXACT QUOTE:

Quote:

My turn to ask a question. Why didn't you challenge 32's assertion that we have a "positive" atmosphere? What proof do you guys have of that?

That is you to Willie..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

This whole thing is out of hand. This FO ended up looking like the newbs that they are.

Can they and will they improve? We all hope so. Did anyone think they were going to be perfect from jump street? But to pretend like they had their $hit together is crazy talk.

Shanny took a hike because there was no way to succeed with our QB situation then the sprung Manziel on him? Does the term, "We will minimize the QB position" ring a bell to anyone? Textgate? Say what you want about Shanny, and maybe some of it was true, but this was a mess he couldn't wait to get out of and I don't blame him. And what great coach did they replace him with? Someone who's never coached in the NFL before.

Now that doesn't mean it will be a flop. It also doesn't mean it will succeed. But anyone who wishes to wave some kind of magic wand and pretend like these things didn't happen? Good luck with that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
0-16 here we come!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks Pit. I typically like standing on my own, but man, some of these recent posts are driving me crazy.

I knew exactly what was going to happen after the first two exchanges w/Willie, thus I decided to ignore it. He then says some crap that I have no answers because I was wrong. Then, Daman asks a question. I should have known better, but I answered it and a couple of others. Of course, he misses posts in between and writes it as if I attacked Willie.

A few days ago, a poster wrote that there are way more readers than posters and insinuated that it was because of me. I disagree. I have received PMs over the years that support my position and they are from people who don't post much.

My contention is that a lot of people are afraid to post because there is a group of posters on here that belittle, humiliate, attack, and gang-up on anyone that doesn't see it their way.

They discourage discussion, unless of course you agree w/them. You gotta say things like: "we are headed in the right direction," "ESPN bozos hate us," "we finally get it," or "let's sign a petition to not attend games until this guy is fired," "Fire two of The Three Stooges," "Banner is evil," etc, etc.

Most people don't want to deal w/the crap that these guys give me, thus they simply don't post. Discussion is not valued. It's our way or we'll attack you relentlessly.

Not all of the guys I disagree w/are like that. Mourg and I argue, but he is a fair guy. We both screw up at times and say dumb crap, but we still respect each other's opinions. ddbub and I disagree, but we respect each other. Clem is another one. Hell, you and I have fought like crazy, but we always respected each other. Diam and I used to go at it big time. I went to his house and stayed there. We almost came to blows, but it was all good and we love and respect one another. Heck, lately Rish is making a big push as a rational poster. He sees both sides.

I replied to tab in another thread and talked about balance. I evaluated several of Farmer's moves. Some were great, some were good, some were okay, some were poor, and some of them sucked. Do you know that NOT ONE FREAKING PERSON reciprocated? You know what that tells me, bro?

It tells me that it's all about preconceived notions and taking sides. And the truth be damned.

V
Legend
Legend
V
0 and 16?

Come on, man. You are being as dumb as those who say we have a really good team.

There is some talent on this team. No way we go winless.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
0 and 16?

Come on, man. You are being as dumb as those who say we have a really good team.

There is some talent on this team. No way we go winless.

wonder what colt fans were saying the year before they drafted luck?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know............at the very least, they had Manning.

Wanna trade Manning for McCown?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don't know............at the very least, they had Manning.

Wanna trade Manning for McCown?

manning was gone. went to denver. was no luck on the team. he was drafted the next year. to be blunt we were 4 plays or so to be ahead of the colts to draft him.

Around the NFL: More bad could have meant Luck for Browns

Andrew Luck? Robert Griffin III? Who will be the bigger star?
The Browns easily could have horned in on the 2012 draft’s top debate by having their choice between one or the other.
A few easy losses were needed a year ago and nearly happened.
The Browns trailed 9-7 deficit at Indianapolis late in the first half and carried a narrow lead into the late going.
They trailed the Dolphins 16-10 with less than a minute left before Mo Massaquoi caught a touchdown pass.
They wouldn’t have topped the Seahawks 6-3 without Phil Dawson’s 53-yard field goal in the fourth quarter.
They barely survived four short Blaine Gabbert shots into the end zone in hanging on to a 14-10 win over Jacksonville.
It’s a stretch to say the Browns could have gone 0-16, but not much of one to suppose they could have been 1-15. Either record would have done the trick. They would have drafted first overall. They would have decided between Luck and Griffin.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20120915/News/309159930

Last edited by pblack18707; 07/01/15 08:52 PM.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just for the sake of accuracy, Manning was still with the Colts when they went 2-14. He was injured, though, and watched all of the games from the sideline while Jim Sorgi orchestrated the offense on the field. Manning was released shortly before the 2012 draft when they grabbed Luck. He may as well have been with the Broncos, though, like you thought he was.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart
Just for the sake of accuracy, Manning was still with the Colts when they went 2-14. He was injured, though, and watched all of the games from the sideline while Jim Sorgi orchestrated the offense on the field. Manning was released shortly before the 2012 draft when they grabbed Luck. He may as well have been with the Broncos, though, like you thought he was.

Yes, Manning wasn't gone. He was out but not gone. In fact there was debate about whether the Colts should use the #1 pick on Luck or count on Manning coming back for a few more years and use the pick on something else or trade it. then Manning and the Colts in a classy move by both sides decided that they should part ways and the Colts should take Luck and begin the next chapter.

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
It kinda makes me sick that they go from Manning to Luck and we can't even find a functional qb.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
It kinda makes me sick that they go from Manning to Luck and we can't even find a functional qb.

Look on the bright side before Manning Indy's best QB, since Colts existed in Indy, was Jack Trudeau. From 1983 - 1998, it was nearly as dark as Cleveland. It might have been longer. I don't recall who QB before they moved from Baltimore. Before Manning, Bert Jones maybe the last good QB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bert Jones was a really good qb. Johnny Unitas was perhaps the greatest qb of all-time.

Those are 4 really strong qbs. Their top three might put them at the very top of having the best qbs of all-time. Where did they rank the Colts in that one thread that was posted? Were they first? I had to quit reading the article because some of the rankings were so whacked.

Legend
Legend
Bert Jones was a really good qb. Johnny Unitas was perhaps the greatest qb of all-time.

Those are 4 really strong qbs. Their top three might put them at the very top of having the best qbs of all-time. Where did they rank the Colts in that one thread that was posted? Were they first? I had to quit reading the article because some of the rankings were so whacked.

I think the Packers were first with Bart Starr, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers... but the Colts were up there.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I appreciate the thanks Vers, but it was really just the general attitude I've seen lately. Things simply aren't as rosy as some would like to paint it in the land of Oz.

I think we have some pretty good talent in some position groups. I think we lack a lot in others. I try to be objective in both directions but anymore that seems to be a cause for rebuke.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

It’s a stretch to say the Browns could have gone 0-16, but not much of one to suppose they could have been 1-15. Either record would have done the trick. They would have drafted first overall. They would have decided between Luck and Griffin.

LOL! They would have drafted RG3 of course and not Luck.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don;t forget that they hd the 1 pick and took Jeff George who was the consensus top pick and projected to be great (even though he didn't turn out to be all that).

AND they had the top pick and drafted John Elway - though they were forced to trade him.

One thing that the Colts organization knows how to do is to tank the right season.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
V
Legend
Legend
V
I forgot about Jeff George.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jeff who?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns mini camp...Phase 3: May 26-29, June 1-4, June 8-12

Link Copied to Clipboard