Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#974745 07/06/15 06:27 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OK,so what is the easiest for someone who has no coding experience to use to create a website? I don't want to really have to learn coding .... I want a fairly simple and straight forward program that will allow me to just build a nice site.

Any suggestions?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
My one friend used Wix.com and said it was easy (no offense but if she said it was easy, it likely is mega easy) and was pretty cheap.

They host it for her too...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You probably need to learn the most basic coding for anything to be simple. DreamWorks by Adobe is the best though.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
WordPress

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like WordPress too

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
OK,so what is the easiest for someone who has no coding experience to use to create a website? I don't want to really have to learn coding .... I want a fairly simple and straight forward program that will allow me to just build a nice site.

Any suggestions?

That depends on what you want the site to do YTown. Feel free to pm me.

Wordpress started as a blog platform but has morphed into a CMS.
Drupal is about the same.
Latest craze is bootstrap and bootstrap themes, but that is frontend only.

There are a zillion website templates that all you do is alter the text/pics/colors.... they come in a variety of uses.

Also whatever you get should be responsive and mobile ready so it can be accessed from a phone or tablet.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
All Pro
All Pro
WordPress, YTown. You can keep it simple or get funky with it. Sky is the limit. There's a reason it's the preferred choice of angry bloggers and multinational corporations alike.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Godaddy, Hostgator or 1&1 all have website builders with free themes you get when you buy a $5 per month hosting package... Get that and a domain name and you'll be good to go for simple site.

And that has fantastico which will do an install of various CMS like word press etc.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/06/15 08:41 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I like weebly.com

Its easy to set up and you can set it up as a merchant account. Works great with paypal.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am trying to redo a website. Because I was able to redo some flyers, I have been asked to give some ideas for a website .... even though I know nothing about web design. crazy

Oh well .. old dawg, new tricks, right?

I have to stay with the current hosting, so that may limit me.

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 07/06/15 11:33 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great info for websites dawgs. Thanks!

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am trying to redo a website. Because I was able to redo some flyers, I have been asked to give some ideas for a website .... even though I know nothing about web design. crazy

Oh well .. old dawg, new tricks, right?

I have to stay with the current hosting, so that may limit me.

Who is the current host, most have a couple options of website builders in their tools.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Depends what the website is for. If it's just text and images, Wordpress is fine. If you want to add database access, I highly recommend microsoft visual studio.net / visual web developer. There's a free version and it makes database connection / edits very easy. It also incorporates bootstrap.

If you want to add fancier stuff, like video embedding, I don't have experience with how to do that in a quality manner.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I found 2 programs that are pretty decent, and not too difficult to work with. I have put together a decent looking front page so far, and have 4 more to go to have what I want to have on the site.

If anyone is interested, Blue Griffon and PageBreeze are the 2 I have been working with. (to the most success anyway) I actually downloaded 4 or 5 others, but did not have as much success. These can both use templates, (and I wanted an HTML5/mobile ready site) and while the documentation is not the greatest on Blue Griffon, it is as true a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor as I have seen. I just click, and change. I have had to figure out how to change the page links and such by editing the script, but that wasn't too bad .....

Anyway, if anyone was interested in a couple of decent programs based on someone having no clue on what to so with website, I have had decent success so far with these 2.

BlueGriffon, The next-generation Web Editor based on the rendering engine of Firefox
http://bluegriffon.org/ (has almost no documentation, but does have a forum you can search for answers to questions)

Free HTML Editor, Visual WebPage Editor | PageBreeze Freeware
http://www.pagebreeze.com/ (Is free, but some convenience features only work for a short time unless you buy the paid version)

These both have flaws, but they seem to be pretty decent so far.

D
Legend
Legend
D
If you need html/css help, post your question here. Im sure I, or someone else, be willing to assist.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Website Design Software

Link Copied to Clipboard