Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
....or maybe Urban does and John really is a cheat. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Just got a commitment from the #2 ranked safety for 2017, Isaiah Pryor. Projects as a Darron Lee type LB. The 2017 class could have 13 top 100 kids.

#3 Josh Myers (committed)
#8 Trevon Grimes
#12 Shaun Wade (committed)
#16 Donovan Peoples-Jones
#23 Jeff Thomas
#28 Joshua Kaindoh
#36 Isaiah Pryor (committed)
#43 Richard LeCounte
#50 Lamont Wade

#51 Marcus Willamson (committed)
#70 Jake Moretti (committed)
#90 Paris Ford
#99 Micheal Warren

Bolded is strongly likely commits. I expect a commit from Antwaun Jackson. He's ranked #23 prospect in high school footbal.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thanks for keeping us informed. thumbsup

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Man, I thought the board would be lighting up w/the news about the four suspensions. Here is an article about it:

Quote:

Joey Bosa is 1 of 4 Ohio State players suspended for Virginia Tech opener

By Robby Kalland | College Football/Golf Writer
July 30, 2015 12:15 pm ET

Ohio State will begin its national championship defense at Virginia Tech without four players, including star defensive end Joey Bosa and H-back Jalin Marshall.

On Thursday, the school confirmed the suspensions of Bosa, Marshall, H-back Dontre Wilson and wide receiver Corey Smith for the season opener at Virginia Tech. The exact reason for the suspensions is not officially known aside from the four "violating Department of Athletics policy."

Here is the official release from Ohio State:

"Four individuals from the Ohio State University football team will miss the Buckeyes' first game of the season, Sept. 7 at Virginia Tech, for violating Department of Athletics policy. The individuals involved are junior defensive end Joey Bosa, sophomore H-back Jalin Marshall, senior receiver Corey Smith and junior H-back Dontre Wilson."

Update: ESPN's Joe Schad reports that the athletic department policy suspensions are due to issues involving "marijuana and academics."

Bosa, a consensus All-American in 2014 as a sophomore, is one of the nation's top defensive players. Last season, he racked up 13.5 sacks last year -- half a sack short of Vernon Gholston's school record.

Without Bosa, the Buckeyes will have to turn to one of their underclassmen -- they have a group of four young defensive ends behind Bosa competing for playing time -- to step into the starting role for the trip Blacksburg. Tyquan Lewis was expected to start opposite Bosa, and for the opener it seems either Sam Hubbard or Jalyn Holmes will have to fill Bosa's large shoes.

Without Marshall and Wilson -- who split time at H-back last season and were the third and fourth leading receivers for Ohio State, respectively -- the Buckeyes might have to look to former quarterback Braxton Miller to step into a big role faster than anticipated.

Miller just recently made his position change from quarterback to receiver/H-back public, but he has reportedly been preparing at H-back for weeks. Corey Smith was the Buckeyes' fifth-leading receiver in 2014; with the departure of Devin Smith for the NFL, he was expected to compete for a starting role opposite Michael Thomas this season.

The biggest question Ohio State was expected to face coming into the opener was which of their talented quarterbacks would be the starter, J.T. Barrett or Cardale Jones. Now, the Buckeyes have to replace their best defensive player and three of their top receivers from the 2014 season. Of their five top pass-catchers from 2014, only WR Michael Thomas will be available for the Virginia Tech game -- Devin Smith, of course, left for the NFL.

Urban Meyer addressed the suspensions on Thursday afternoon at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago.

"I kind of knew about this for a little bit," said Meyer. "The athletic department has some policies that we are 100 percent fully supportive of it. ... You try to create a culture where teams know how to move forward."

"We're pushing forward. The comment I did make, we are playing an extremely talented team, a very well-coached team on the road in a tough environment. However, we have recruited very well. So you go and move forward."

Ohio State will still be favored to beat the Hokies, but the task of starting 1-0 in 2015 just became much more difficult with these four suspensions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...ener-at-va-tech

Legend
Legend
I was too depressed to think about it any more than I had to. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
We'll be fine. Replacing Bosa is the big concern. Marshall, Smith and Wilson will be easy to replace. We have insane talent at the skill positions. Our 3rd stringers are 4 star kids.

I was begging for Curtis Samuel to get touches. Kid is our best athlete. Braxton Miller will get touches now as well. Johnnie Dixon is a name to remember, kids got wheels. You've also got more studs like Paris Campbell and Noah Brown. Skill positions are the LAST thing we ever need to worry about.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am not saying that we don't have other good players. I just thought it was pretty big news.

Legend
Legend
I agree that it's big news, mostly for two reasons... One, I wonder if the NCAA is going to try to apply additional penalties, And two I wonder if this will affect the Nick Bosa commitment.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Idiots. Hopefully they get their heads out of their rear ends.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Two good points that I have been worried about, as well.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
I agree that it's big news, mostly for two reasons... One, I wonder if the NCAA is going to try to apply additional penalties, And two I wonder if this will affect the Nick Bosa commitment.

I do not think it will affect Nick Bosa one bit. If Joey Bosa screwed up his parents are probably pissed at Joey and thankful that a person like Urban Meyer is there to keep their son grounded.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll take Kentucky over 5.5

Consider me optimistic.

UL-Lafayette - W
@South Carolina - L
Florida - W (surprise pick)
Missouri - L
Eastern Kentucky - W
Auburn - L
@Mississippi State - L
Tennessee - W (another surprise -- Beating UF and UT in one year!?)
@Georgia - L
@Vanderbilt - W
Charlotte - W
Louisville - W

7 wins.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
I'll take Kentucky over 5.5

Consider me optimistic.

UL-Lafayette - W
@South Carolina - L
Missouri - L
Eastern Kentucky - W
Auburn - L
@Mississippi State - L
@Georgia - L
@Vanderbilt - W
Charlotte - W
Louisville - W

7 wins.

Does Vegas really have them at 5.5? That seems way to easy. I think they will get 5 with no problem...

I've actually never done O/U win totals for college, does the bowl game count?

Legend
Legend
I'll be shocked if Kentucky beats Tennessee. Florida is a mess so that's not unrealistic.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
[quote=TopDawg16]I'll take Kentucky over 5.5

Consider me optimistic.

UL-Lafayette - W
@South Carolina - L
Missouri - L
Eastern Kentucky - W
Auburn - L
@Mississippi State - L
@Georgia - L
@Vanderbilt - W
Charlotte - W
Louisville - W

7 wins. [/quote

Top Dawg I like your win total but I would change Miss State to the win and change Tennessee to a loss. In the East I think Georgia is the best team but if they stumble I think Tennessee will be there to win the East.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
ky ain't touching the vols unless their qb gets injured.

I think 5.5 is the right O/U for them... even after they go 2-0.

Though I hope you run defense is legit because Elijah McGuire has been one of the best, most versatile RBs in the NCAA the last two years.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
ky ain't touching the vols unless their qb gets injured.

I think 5.5 is the right O/U for them... even after they go 2-0.

Though I hope you run defense is legit because Elijah McGuire has been one of the best, most versatile RBs in the NCAA the last two years.

You'd think McGuire was a wide receiver with how fast he is and how much of a threat he is receiving the ball.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Vegas releases win totals: Ohio State in a class by itself

Link Copied to Clipboard