Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Kareem Hunt - RB - Cleveland Browns

Posted 8/28/19 12:45pm ET

Cleveland Browns RB Kareem Hunt will not be allowed to be around the team's facilities during his eight-game suspension. On a good note, Antonio Callaway will be allowed access because he is rehabbing an injury ...

Courtesy Brownswire

Last edited by PastorMarc; 08/28/19 04:28 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
We should have hired whoever the Pats used for the Gordon re-instatement ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I think this is crap. Sure, he can't play and for good reason, but barring him from the complex seems a bit over the top. He could at least learn the offense and help on the scout team.

Meh, oh well.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:
On a good note, Antonio Callaway will be allowed access because he is rehabbing an injury ...

Can't Hunt develop a hangnail or sore elbow or something?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've had first-hand experience with workplace policies that run counter to an organization's interest and espoused goals. This is very much one of those situations. It increases the risks that one of the league's star commodities could be damaged permanently. The discipline is the suspension. Isolating him from the team is short-sighted punishment that needlessly increases the chance of a bad outcome.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Could not agree more. This is a stupid decision from a short-sighted league office.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Time for Hunt to put on his big boy pants and see that he stays out of trouble. Its not like they're asking him to split the atom. Just try not to assault anyone, Kareem.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder if as assistant trainer can visit him?

Does it mean no contact with the team or simply he can't visit the facility and engage in workouts with his team?

I am glad Callaway can with that high sprain. It takes 4-6 weeks with special therapy to get those good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I've had first-hand experience with workplace policies that run counter to an organization's interest and espoused goals. This is very much one of those situations. It increases the risks that one of the league's star commodities could be damaged permanently. The discipline is the suspension. Isolating him from the team is short-sighted punishment that needlessly increases the chance of a bad outcome.

Great post.

Think about it....What should the goal be? Is the goal to punish the player or to would it be wiser to rehab him while punishing him? If the answer is the latter, why not put him in the best environment possible?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, in real world, if an employee is suspended without pay instead of FIRED- no company-GE, Amazon, Intel, etc would have the suspended person "at work". What prevents the Browns from hiring a guy or gal to guide/help Hunt thru his suspension...can't be at facility shouldn't mean ZERO contact....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend

I agree with your take on this.

Hopefully in the end it will not have an impact of any kind.

It is certainly counter to what the supposed goals of "rehab" are expected to achieve.

But as in the past what has come out of the league office is confusing.

Legend
Legend
Always thought it was stupid that they weren't allowed around the club.... being supported by their team and teammates would make sense,,,, hope in the new CBA they fix that....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I think this is crap. Sure, he can't play and for good reason, but barring him from the complex seems a bit over the top. He could at least learn the offense and help on the scout team.

Meh, oh well.

If he had been allowed to be at the team's facilities, he would have been able to work out, and attend meetings, but not to play in any practices.

Of course, that's all moot now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Support groups are very important for individuals...Hard to determine if a support group for a specific group of people would help be more beneficial for their benefit as an individual.

Or being able to practice with the team and make the fans happy... It's a tough call... I'm just thinking out loud and trying find the best solution..

Got to remember these teams have players who can be a bad example .. support groups can also...man tough to come to a conclusion..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he is away from the team for 2 months, wouldn’t it seem likely he won’t play much, if at all, in week 9? The 10th game might be a reasonable return, for being in “football shape”.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Pretty stupid. I would want him to return in shape and up to speed. Lots of punishment is needed. Give us a name attached to this.

I believe he deserves punishment. NFL discipline just seems odd and inconsistent.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Its not real hard dawg ...

Its called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY ...

Its not a concept many today are familiar with much less put into practice ... dudes either gonna make good decisions or he’s not ... as u kinda pointed out their support groups out the ying yang today ... i think what the nfl does is moronic in cases like these but it is not their job to keep anyone from making horrible decisions ...

Their not keeping the man from getting the support he needs ... thats HIS JOB!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
I thought this was always the case with suspended players.

I don't agree with the policy. When it comes to Booze or drugs or even violent acts, I think being around the facility, around other players and around the coaching staff and having the use of the facilities from a staying in shape stand point are very good ways to keep a guy on track..

Putting them out there on their own might be the worst thing for them.. I've always felt that way, this isn't new.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
j/c

I think he should be allowed to be at the facility; it would benefit him IMO.

The NFL is so screwy with their inconsistency lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
NFL looking like they rolled the Magic 8 Ball again for this latest decision. Never any rhyme or real reason for most of these nonsensical rulings.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
J/c...

1. The NFL has to be consistent in their dealings with player's suspensions. They are not.

2. This also means Hunt will not be effective for around 2 weeks after he gets reinstated. He will not have the benefit of trainers and conditioning personnel as well as the gym facilities and work outs with the RB class of the Browns. So he will not be able to attend in our Game plan meetings. I can see him not aloud to attend to practices but he should be allowed to work out and have a consistent diet.

3. Also now not allowed in the clean environment at Berea there is more temptation and rehabilitation will be more difficult.

Being suspended without pay is enough of a penalty. The lack of Rehab to his problems by having him out of touch with the team and the professionals who can rehabilitate him is just DUMB...

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
KAREEM HUNT
RB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns RB Kareem Hunt underwent surgery Thursday morning to repair a sports hernia injury.

It's expected to be a 4-6 week recovery, so Hunt should have a full recovery prior to his return to action in Week 10. He won't be permitted to be at the Browns' facilities during his suspension. Nick Chubb could work as the offense's featured back for the entire season with a strong first half, regardless of whether or not Hunt is in game shape come November. Chubb averaged 17.5 rush attempts and 2.9 targets per game in 2018 during his time as a starter while splitting snaps with Duke Johnson, so it's tough to imagine him ever taking a complete backseat in this backfield. Hunt is little more than a late-round stash in redraft leagues.

RELATED: Nick Chubb
SOURCE: Cleveland Browns on Twitter.
Aug 29, 2019, 6:08 PM ET

C
Legend
Legend
C
Obvious question that none of us have an answer to:

Now that Hunt is rehabbing an injury is he allowed to be at the facility?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

This is asinine by the League. Why wouldn't you want him to be around a support system and to be able to continue to get better? I understand what he did was wrong, but if the suspension was designed to rehab him, let him rehab around people that can help him.

Baffling.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No.

Why?

Wasn't that the reason for Callaway being allowed?

Legend
Legend
You’d think he’d be able to rehab an injury at the facility, but i doubt he will

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
You would think every player would be allowed at team facilities unless there was a current, or impending, criminal charge or investigation. I guess common sense is just not very common anymore.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
If Memphis is correct and he can't rehab at the Brown's facility, it's going to make it much more questionable that he will contribute for us this year.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Wonder if they can put in for a waver now that he's had his sports hernia operation.....rehab at facility....I'd try to get reconsideration.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
M
Legend
Legend
M
Suspended Browns RB Hunt undergoes sports hernia surgery
The Associated Press
By TOM WITHERS (AP Sports Writer)
Updated August 29, 2019 6:38 PM

CLEVELAND - (AP) -- Browns running back Kareem Hunt will spend part of his NFL suspension rehabbing after surgery.

Hunt, who will serve an eight-game ban for two physical off-field altercations in 2018 while he played for Kansas City, had a sports hernia operation Thursday -- hours before the Browns played Detroit in their exhibition finale.

Hunt had been expected to play in what would have been his last game until his ban ends in November. The Browns said the 24-year-old is expected to be fully recovered by the time he's eligible to return to their roster for the Nov. 10 game against Buffalo.

On Wednesday, the league said Hunt is not allowed inside the team's facility during his suspension, which goes into effect Saturday at 4 p.m. The Browns had asked for an exemption so Hunt could be around his teammates while serving his penalty.

Hunt, who is from the Cleveland area, will now have to rehab his injury elsewhere.

The Browns signed the league's 2017 rushing leader in February on the recommendation of general manager John Dorsey, who drafted Hunt in the third round in 2017 while he was Kansas City's GM.

Hunt was punished by Commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal-conduct policy following an investigation into the two incidents, one in which he shoved and kicked a woman during an argument in a hotel hallway in Cleveland where he was staying.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/suspended-browns-rb-hunt-undergoes-sports-hernia-surgery-1.35628997

Legend
Legend
I wonder if the Browns can send some trainers to HIM?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quick google search leads me to believe, 6 weeks is best case scenario, to start training again? If that is so, I’d think we shouldn’t expect much from KH, if and when his suspension is lifted.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
R
Legend
Legend
R
I am taking Chubb for sure now in my fantasy league tomorrow.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I had a horrendous sports hernia. I pretty much shredded it to pieces while sliding into second base and I never played baseball again. Recovery was the worst pain I have ever experienced and I have had dealt with some serious injuries. This one though... I was on Dilaudid and was getting multiple cortisone injections just to get by.

My doctor was the Browns surgeon at the time and he said it was the worst he had ever seen in his career. He told me I would never run again or even jog. It was heartbreaking. However, he did such an amazing job that after about 1 year I could walk without any pain. After 2 years, I was able to jog and eventually run. Since that time, I have run a few 1,000 miles. Every day I run, I am beyond grateful.

Even though these doctors are the best in the city which is one of the best in the country. My concern is getting the rehab and keeping him off the drugs. The drugs they gave me made me do some pretty crazy stuff. The NFL should make exceptions for any injury especially ones that are surgical procedures.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
That’s an inspirational recovery on your part ... well done bud

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
That’s an inspirational recovery on your part ... well done bud

Thank you!

Recovering from that is definitely something that I am grateful for and proud of. smile

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We'll need him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
We'll need him.

Gives us two quality RBs that we will inexplicably not use at key spots.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kareem Hunt Not Allowed Access to Facilities During 8 Week Suspension

Link Copied to Clipboard