Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Browns designate David Njoku for return from injured reserve - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11...ed-reserve.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Tight end David Njoku has been designated for return from injured reserve by the Browns, and will practice on Wednesday, the team announced. Njoku has been sidelined since suffering a wrist injury in Week 2 against the Jets.

The Browns have 21 days to activate Njoku, who has been on IR since Sept. 20. If he is not activated during that time frame, he just remain on IR for the remainder of the season.

Njoku had four catches for 37 yards and a touchdown this season before breaking his wrist early in the Browns’ game against the Jets. The injury happened when cornerback Nate Hairston upended Njoku in the first quarter on a high pass from Baker Mayfield. He also suffered a concussion on the play, and later described the hit from Hairston as a cheap shot.

He opted against having surgery to increase his chance of returning this season.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
welcome back Chief!

this should help baker out a lot. him and Njoku had really good chemistry toward the end of last season, and provides a big target for him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was wrong about us getting Hunt up and running in our offense, so I hope I'm similarly wrong about getting Njoku back. I think I will be, mostly because Njoku and Baker have time together and they have shown to be able to make plays.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Good news ... hopefully he can play soon then? Maybe by week 14

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We need this. Davids not a great blocker, but hes better than anyone we have by far right now at the position.

Will also free up an outlet when things break down for Baker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Good news ... hopefully he can play soon then? Maybe by week 14

He can play as soon as this Sunday.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
Good to have Njoku back. He should help a great deal in the red zone.

However, I am not expecting much from him the first week back.

Legend
Legend
I wouldn't expect him to even play this week, unless we're so short-handed at TE that we need him to suit up.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Having a receiving threat like Njoku available will open things up a little bit, playing against crap defenses for the rest of the season (besides Pittsburgh and Baltimore) will be a lot more helpful.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I wouldn't expect him to even play this week, unless we're so short-handed at TE that we need him to suit up.

I wouldn't either. Get him back on the practice field and up to speed for the Pittsburgh game.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would think he needs a week or two yet.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Why wait superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Rushing him back too quickly could easily result in further injury.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
There is absolutely no reason for Pittsburgh to see him on film is a good reason in and of itself. That, and if we need Njoku to beat the Dolphins - none of the other games matter anyway.

Last edited by FATE; 11/20/19 03:35 PM. Reason: spelled the Joker's name wrong...

P
Legend
Legend
P
He is coming off IR if the Drs say he can play he should play it makes no sense not to play him, he has been out since week two, thats what 10 weeks why release him to play and then not play him superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Steelers already have film on the guy. It's not a mystery what he's going to offer our offense when he's back.

Edit: with the caveat that he's back to full strength. If he's limited in any way, I think it's to our advantage NOT to broadcast that in a game where we really shouldn't need him in order to win.

Last edited by oobernoober; 11/20/19 03:44 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Why wait superconfused

Get him into football shape and back to being in sync with the other guys.

Everyone else has been working together now for months, he has not... he hasn't get back into the swing of things and that isn't likely to happen overnite.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm not sure how prepared he is but cominh off IR today only means this was the time he was able to get active based on the time he originally landed on IR. He could have been doing whatever in Berea in terms of preparation. I get it, he's not game ready but apparently that was the concern with Hunt and he did just fine.

I'm not worried about him getting back in the swing of things inside the red zone. Line up. Run your routes. Box everyone out for the ball because you're the biggest and probaly reach the highest....it's what he does best. Our red zone efficiency should get better.

Play him if he is healthy.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Not to nitpick, but Hunt spent three full weeks in practice leading up to his debut...

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Correct. Kareem Hunt was allowed to practice staring on Monday October 21.

He returned to the game day line up on November 10.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I doubt the condition of his wrist is what might keep him out this week...it's game-shape and understanding what's going on that will more-likely be the issue.

They'll put him on the 53 for sure tho. Might as well...(2) open spots today and still (1) after Larry O comes back. They won't bring up a different/new guy for just (1) game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ease him in. Put him on the 53, give him a light workload and spread it out.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Ease him in. Put him on the 53, give him a light workload and spread it out.

All hands on deck we need to run the table and if he is ok to come off IR he should be ok to play ... JMHO

Legend
Legend
If he can suit up and play, we need him. We may need to simply outscore the Phins in a shootout. Our D-line is in shambles, so Fitzpatrick is going to have all day back there to throw the pigskin. Mayfield better be ready to put 30+ on the board. We won't win if we score 21 points.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
If he can suit up and play, we need him. We may need to simply outscore the Phins in a shootout. Our D-line is in shambles, so Fitzpatrick is going to have all day back there to throw the pigskin. Mayfield better be ready to put 30+ on the board. We won't win if we score 21 points.

The Dolphins have scored over 20 exactly twice.. against the Jets and the Bills.. they failed to against such vaunted defenses as the Redskins. Could they get to 20? Sure, do I think even with a few players out we should keep them right around 20? Yes, I do.

Our offense needs to continue its trend of not making mistakes that lead to points. If we make them drive the field, they still shouldn't score much more than 20.

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's all up to Bake now.

Let's go Bake show!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, close to the end zone his conditioning shouldn't be a factor, big body and lots of practice catching....us him near goaline.....Go Browns!!!! PS, Fritz is going to get blitzed like never before, risky but probably needs to be done.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
I don't see him being a major factor. In the Red Zone, Fred Right 88 rules him out pretty much. But I welcome him back. Win us a game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Short bursts of playing time v Miami and then a much more significant role when we rematch the Steelers.

Legend
Legend

So far Odell and Baker have been off plenty.

Somebody is missing what the route is?

It is all about being in the right place at the right time.

Be on time. Run the right route. Throw the ball in the right place at the right time.

The offense has not totally clicked yet. Njoku should help especially in the red zone. But also as a check down.

We have the offensive weapons. Time to become a complete offense. The Dolphins have a bad defense. It will help us to have a really good day on offense.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think the Browns, the last 2+ years, have been to quick to place players on IR after an injury. It used to be, for years, that if a players injury were recoverable by any time during the 17 week season that they "Would Not" be put on injured reserve.

I think, (my opinion), it looks like, I think the Browns, wishing to create a roster spot, have been too WAY TOO quick to "stash" players on IR in search of

They go in search of the next great hope/hype of another available player like a Cat chases a laser light red spot that moves along a wall;
I don't like it.

The rule to allow a player to return during the year from IR is new, only a couple years old, and (Remember) it's only one player that can return,

I think the team probably sells this idea to each player which has an injury which would sideline them for several weeks but not until the end of the season, because which player is not going to want to believe that it is "him" that the team would want to bring back to play.

I also believe the team probably thinks it is "taking advantage" of all it can by getting to see even more players on it's team during the regular season, because the more guys the team "stashes", the more opportunities to see over the 53 roster spot limit,
But I believe the larger amount of turnover only hurts continuity, the sense of team, and individual one on one teamwork growth, (ie, a quarterback and receivers chemistry, or players lining up next to each other on the OL/DL's chemistry.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He broke his wrist and had surgery...

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
j/c

Reading that he should be back for Pittsburgh game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns designate David Njoku for return from injured reserve

Link Copied to Clipboard