Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sources: #Jaguars Pro Bowl CB Jalen Ramsey has requested a trade from the team. This stems from his frustration with how he’s being used and from a confrontation with coach Doug Marrone on Sunday. This has been steadily building.

@RapSheet

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Chiefs?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
One of the best pure cover corners, Jalen Ramsey wants to play man-to-man and lock a WR down. One issue has been having him play zone

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Yes please.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
We can trade them Siebert and a 5th rounder.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd probably give up a 1st and 3rd for him. What are the odds of finding a top 3 CB anywhere in a draft let alone out of the top 5? (which we hopefully are)

Unless our FO finds out about health or character concerns or something similar.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He wants to play man and we don't play a ton of man. We're more of a zone team. And I'm not sure another big talker is what this locker room needs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good thing the Steelers already traded their 1st rounder.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
He wants to play man and we don't play a ton of man. We're more of a zone team. And I'm not sure another big talker is what this locker room needs.

We already have 2 pretty good, young man-cover corners that we're using to play zone.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Chiefs?

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
^ Makes sense.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's a Jalen Ramsey?

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I can see KC getting Ramsey ... best option IMO

As for Adams, I dont see the Jets moving him .. yet at least

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C

P
Legend
Legend
P
We don't need a greedy Big mouthed CB we have 2 good young CB's already ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
We don't need a greedy Big mouthed CB we have 2 good young CB's already ... JMHO

Yup.
We need some more Pro Bowl OT's and OG's to get upset and demand trades, lol!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Yup.
We need some more Pro Bowl OT's and OG's to get upset and demand trades, lol!

Indeed. I wouldn't mind a good TE doing the same.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I agree w/you Peen ... Give us some OT and TE and we’d be a much improved team

Legend
Legend
I wonder if the stars of the NBA aren't rubbing off on the NFL a bit. I don't remember this many NFL players demanding trades like this in the past.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I wonder if the stars of the NBA aren't rubbing off on the NFL a bit. I don't remember this many NFL players demanding trades like this in the past.

I've said it before that the NFL will become like the NBA. Star players are going to run the league and you'll see more trades being demanded. High paid players can also afford to sit out if need be.

The new CBA is going to be interesting to watch.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet the fact remains, without these very talented players in the sport, the NFL wouldn't be of much if any value. I'm not any more happy about this trend than anyone else, but like it or not, it's the players that drive the sport.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

AB lit a torch and is showing the way.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

AB lit a torch and is showing the way.

Le'Veon Bell sitting out a year as well. Josh Gordon irked Dorsey enough to become a Patriot.

The star players are going to continue to turn the tables on the owners/teams and garner more leverage and rightfully so.

V
Legend
Legend
V

I think this team needs a few things, but I think it has more than enough talent. I think the focus on needing more talent is misplaced.

Legend
Legend
How many trade demands are we going to see this year? Feels like we've seen a ton this year...

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

I think this team needs a few things, but I think it has more than enough talent. I think the focus on needing more talent is misplaced.

Bingo. Our team had enough talent two weeks ago and now somehow doesn't. The people in place need to do their jobs better.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Bingo. Our team had enough talent two weeks ago and now somehow doesn't. The people in place need to do their jobs better.

I agree...but I'll add that this team has a lot more shortcomings than "we" could see two weeks ago. To Peen's point on OT & TE...Hubbard is simply bad...Robinson might become a good LT and he might regress...we have (4) guys who call themselves TEs and we have 1.25 TEs to show for it.

After watching Ward for the last two weeks, I'd trade him and the Duke pick for Ramsey without hesitation.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I disagree, we have two backups on the right side of our line.

Hubbard, and kush are both back up players talent wise. You are kidding yourself if you think we don't need to upgrade those two positions.

I don't care how much talent you have or are perceived to have. The job of John Dorsey is to upgrade the talent each and every chance he gets.

That's why you see BB and teams like KC always trying to get better players when they can. They are never satisfied with the current level of talent, and are always improving.

Did NE need AB after blowing out Pitts? Probably not.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I agree...but I'll add that this team has a lot more shortcomings than "we" could see two weeks ago. To Peen's point on OT & TE...Hubbard is simply bad...Robinson might become a good LT and he might regress...we have (4) guys who call themselves TEs and we have 1.25 TEs to show for it.

After watching Ward for the last two weeks, I'd trade him and the Duke pick for Ramsey without hesitation.

I think we didn't see it because we're executing our offense differently than we did last year. Hubbard struggled mightily the first couple weeks of last season, and then bounced back after the Baker came in and the offense was re-imagined under Kitchens. Last week, when we started goofing around with the playcalling, some guys regressed. I think, after listening to a couple on here, that the 2 are connected.

So what it comes down to is this... we may or may not have a talent issue. If we're married to this explosive, chunk-play offense then yes, we have a talent issue. If we are going to correct back to a simpler, quicker-executing offense, then we're fine.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
If we're married to this explosive, chunk-play offense then yes, we have a talent issue. If we are going to correct back to a simpler, quicker-executing offense, then we're fine.

Very true! You can't have a pro-bowler at each position. New England was mentioned, but who is on their line? Scheme and quickly reading coverages are important.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I disagree, we have two backups on the right side of our line.

Hubbard, and kush are both back up players talent wise. You are kidding yourself if you think we don't need to upgrade those two positions.

I don't care how much talent you have or are perceived to have. The job of John Dorsey is to upgrade the talent each and every chance he gets.

That's why you see BB and teams like KC always trying to get better players when they can. They are never satisfied with the current level of talent, and are always improving.

Did NE need AB after blowing out Pitts? Probably not.

No team has a perfect roster. Before the season started the roster looked great. The players need to play better and the coaches need to coach better. Those are the main improvements that will happen over the course of the season. Hoping for personnel improvements midseason is a not wise.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Not only that, but there is nothing wrong with our offensive line.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Not only that, but there is nothing wrong with our offensive line.

I think we will upgrade our OL. But, I think we will do it either in FA or the draft. Perhaps both? Making a big trade right now is probably not realistic or a good idea.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I believe if we go back to the O we were running last year we will be fine. Everyone will get their touches because we will be moving the chains. What we are doing now isn't working too well. We have to adjust. The next 5 teams we are playing have very good O's. We have to win the time of possession in these games.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm not saying it couldn't be upgraded, but it's good enough to win with.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That depends on the scheme you run. Quick plays where you're looking at two seconds or less to execute and using play action on occasional long pass plays and you'll be fine with this OL.

What we were running in week one, you certainly need better tackles. We're having some trouble running the ball to the right between the RG and RT as well.

Your play calling has to be reflective of the protection your OL can give you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
[quote
I think we didn't see it because we're executing our offense differently than we did last year. Hubbard struggled mightily the first couple weeks of last season, and then bounced back after the Baker came in and the offense was re-imagined under Kitchens. Last week, when we started goofing around with the playcalling, some guys regressed. I think, after listening to a couple on here, that the 2 are connected.][/quote]

Here is where I disagree, hubbard didn't "get better" when FK took over, they just called better plays where the ball got out faster. he was still getting beat, the ball just wasn't there to take the sack.

Hubbard - in general is not good. You can cover up for a bit with playcalling, but he still stinks. We absolutely can use RG and RT.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Here is where I disagree, hubbard didn't "get better" when FK took over, they just called better plays where the ball got out faster. he was still getting beat, the ball just wasn't there to take the sack.

Hubbard - in general is not good. You can cover up for a bit with playcalling, but he still stinks. We absolutely can use RG and RT.

We really miss Zeitler in the run game on that right side. Kush had a great block on the TD run...but he's not much of a run blocker...and Hubbard isn't close to being good-enough.

Those two guys won't be hard to upgrade...could even be Teller/Forbes at the midpoint. Maulers...both of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jalen Ramsey asks for trade

Link Copied to Clipboard