Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1692083 11/14/19 10:10 AM
R
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
So, starting a I was wrong thread, to all that like who me have no problems admitting we were wrong about a player.

So I was proven wrong by Lamar Jackson,which I thought was childish and didn't have maturity enough to be QB on the NFL,but is showing all that he's the guy.

I was wrong about Minkah, which I thought was a product of Alabama, and didn't have a place in the NFL, but the Kid is a heck of a player.

I like being proven wrong about players I thought would bust...

Now for the worst.

I was wrong about Rosen, which I thought was a sure thing a great QB, but turns our he isn't.

I will stay away from Browns players...

Last edited by rastanplan; 11/14/19 10:15 AM.
Legend
Legend
I was wrong about Brady Quinn
I was wrong about Trent Richardson
I was very right about Brandon Weeden
I was very right about Joe Thomas

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope this turns out to be a fun thread. :-)

Probably splitting hairs, but I think Rosen got hosed. I will maintain that he's a good QB victimized by coaching turnover and being on terrible teams. I say it's splitting hairs because I don't see his situation improving such that he can turn things around. He will go down as a bust.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
I was so wrong when I bought a 1971 Chevy Vega with an aluminum engine block, which warped from the heat.

But I was right about Billy Manziel.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I was very wrong about Justin Gilbert.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was SO wrong about Johnny Manziel.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I was also wrong about Courtney Brown. Granted, injuries played a role, but I thought he’d be Bruce Smith like

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I was wrong about Hue Jackson...excruciatingly, painfully, 100% wrong.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Among so many others, I was wrong about:

Rison in '95
Fowler in '02
Quinn in '07
Chud (I know, not a player) in '13
..........and Mingo

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

This is a good one. I was also wrong about Hue.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

Me 2, and 3, and 4, and 5 ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

What me wrong?

Trent Richardson. Can not believe he turned out as bad as he did.

Don't know if this is "I was right thread as well?"

Weeden - I thought he was a third rounder at best.

Manziel - Took him off my draft board. Would never have drafted him.

I won't get into so many other choices right and wrong.

D
Legend
Legend
D
My list is to long ... the ones i was wrong about that hurt us the most ...

BRADY BRADY BRADY

And

DAVID DAVID DAVID ... Thats Terrell fo u newbies ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was wrong when I told Columbusdawg to renew my season ticket club seat.
only been to two games and have no interest in going to any others.

I was wrong about Mitch Trubisky

I was wrong about Calloway..Seibert..Mayfield...Higgins

I was wrong about Freddie

I was wrong thinking the Browns wouldn't be stinking

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Andre Rison among many others.

Legend
Legend
I thought Jeff Garcia would be the key to our rebuild at one point

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mike Junkin ... "The Junkyard Dawg" rofl

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Mike Junkin ... "The Junkyard Dawg" rofl
yikes yes

R
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Don't know but in my opinion is better to stay away from Browns players, just so we don't fall into the same conversations.

Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I hope this turns out to be a fun thread. :-)

Probably splitting hairs, but I think Rosen got hosed. I will maintain that he's a good QB victimized by coaching turnover and being on terrible teams. I say it's splitting hairs because I don't see his situation improving such that he can turn things around. He will go down as a bust.

Rosen I honestly think now that he is not that good, Darnold there is still a good chance, although he is too inconsistent.

Legend
Legend

Being that I have been following the Browns since 1960 it covers lots of ground.

I was physically sick when we didn't draft Wentz.

I had mixed feelings about Deshaun Watson. Loved his big game play. Thought he was an excellent leader. Was not sure about his overall accuracy. Wanted to take him but was not positive.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

I was wrong about Trubisky, Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson (if his career continues the way this season is going).

I was also wrong about Garret Grayson. I thought he'd be the heir apparent to Brees and shine at some point.

Another from a few years back was Robert Gallery. I figured he'd be the next Anthony Munoz.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Players I overestimated:
I was wrong about Aaron Curry
I was wrong about Justin Blackmon
I was wrong about Stephen Hill

Players I underestimated:
I was wrong about Aaron Donald (I thought he'd be good, but not like this)
I went through 1st and 2nd round draft list since 2004 and couldn't find any players I thought would be bad that weren't. I think that's mostly due to usually looking for good players, not bad ones, so it's not that I'm amazing just never really look for players to hate on.

Browns:
I was wrong about Nick Chubb (my biggest miss ever. I wanted Michel)
I was wrong about Colt McCoy
I was wrong about Greg Little
I was wrong about Jordan Poyer
I was wrong about Gerrard Warren
I was wrong about Phil Taylor

I think that's it since '99.

I feel like a lot of you are forgetting to include Patrick Mahomes. Almost everybody wanted Garrett that year.

Legend
Legend
Aaron Curry! That’s another name that was thrown around a LOT about a decade ago ... blast from the past

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was wrong about Chubb. I didn't think he'd be bad, but I didn't see him being as good as he is.

I was wrong about OBJ opening up the offense. There's still time for it to work out "long"-term, but there are no guarantees, though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL...I have so many WRONGS, they would fill War and Peace.

Some Highlights....

I was wrong about Trent Richardson. This guy was the most impressive college running back that I ever saw. His meltdown still has me scratching my head.

I was wrong about Johnny Manziel...LOL!

I was wrong about OBJ. His presence here has only complicated matters with another Alpha dog WR in VG.

I was wrong about Zeitler. His departure is deeply missed.

I was wrong about Freddie. His play calls are insane!! We should be running the ball 30-35 times a game AND NOT PASSING THE BALL 30-35 TIMES A GAME!!!!!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I was right about Rosen after I saw him with the cards and how he reacted towards his players last year and his body language.

I was really wrong about Trent Richardson

I was right about Chubb

I was right about Justin Gilbert

I am leaving Njoku out (I said he would amazing, and he just hasn't lived up to that yet) cause I think his book still needs written.

I was right about J. Peppers (said he was nothing special but a solid player)

Legend
Legend
I was wrong about my first wife.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I was wrong more than once about Courtney Brown AND Mingo.

PS I still regret them.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

Mingo. Damn I remember thinking do not take this guy. He had zero power. Solely a speed guy. I knew the NFL lineman would get their hands on him and it would be over.

People rag on Courtney but reality was he was as dominant or more so than Garrett. Nobody would have passed on him.

He got hurt and it was over.

I don't think it is fair to call him a bust. He never got started.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Robert Gallery is a great example of my inability to recognize NFL talent. We were so devoid of a quality LT. Our QBs were getting destroyed. I was livid when we didn’t trade up for him... Bullet dodged. He flopped as an OT, but played a few years as an average guard if I recall. Besides we ended up with Winslow Jr so all is good in the world. smh

I never thought Philip Rivers would be any good.

Alex Smith was about what I thought he’d be through his first 7 years or so. Though he ended up with a few good years I guess. Still not worth the draft slot.

I wanted Braylon Edwards... oops.

Was right about Joey Harrington.
Was wrong about Mariota.... I thought he’d be out of the league by now... lol. (It’s getting closer.)

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Mingo. Damn I remember thinking do not take this guy. He had zero power. Solely a speed guy. I knew the NFL lineman would get their hands on him and it would be over.

People rag on Courtney but reality was he was as dominant or more so than Garrett. Nobody would have passed on him.

I agree on Brown. I’d still take a healthy Courtney Brown over Garrett. No knock on Garrett but Courtney was an unblockable monster when healthy... which sadly wasn’t very often.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I agree on Brown. I’d still take a healthy Courtney Brown over Garrett. No knock on Garrett but Courtney was an unblockable monster when healthy... which sadly wasn’t very often.

He played 16 games before the injury and had 4.5 sacks. He wasn't THAT unblockable. He had potential for sure but we never got to see it.

Myles on the other hand had 10 sacks in 7 games this year, and should've had 1 more last week but the Refs are the Refs.

When's the last time we had a 10 sack guy?

We romanticize older picks on this team a lot for some reason.

Now if we're talking college, sure Brown was one of the best All-time, but never in the Pros.

Legend
Legend
Beau Bell was someone I thought could turn out

Legend
Legend
Trent Richardson got me.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I was wrong about Myles Garret but boy am I glad I was wrong because him
and Chubb are my two favorite players!

Legend
Legend
Man I’m disappointed that nobody has the nads to say Josh Gordon. That dude cost us more (team development) than any one player ever.

I was right about Gordon. Loser.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was very very wrong about Richardson. I thought he was the next Emmitt Smith. I still don't understand what happened with him.

I too was wrong about Lamar Jackson. I still think he will likely get hurt because running QB's always seem to... but I was wrong about him. He got a 13 on the Wonderlic test. I thought he wasn't smart enough to play in the pros. That sure isn't the case.

I was wrong about Hue Jackson. I thought he would be a good HC. I couldn't have BEEN more mistaken. Wow.

Way too times being wrong to list them all. I hope I am right about Dorsey. I believe he will get us there eventually. It may still take some time but I still have faith in him and think he's the best GM since the return. Man, I don't want to be wrong about that. Starting over yet again is way too ugly a prospect to consider. Peace

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This post would start with Tony Mandrich but I'll leave it at that and save you all the 3 hours of reading that would follow...

Legend
Legend
I thought Chud would turn this team around.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I didnt want Hunt.

No Craps Given
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The I was wrong thread

Link Copied to Clipboard