Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dskin45 Offline OP
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
The Coaching Staff needs to give Peoples-Jones some actual game reps ASAP whether it be kick returns or receiving. This guy brought so much energy to the Michigan offense.

Legend
Legend
How are you related to him?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I was wondering if he was active. Saw Natson, Hodge etc. but did not see anything from Peoples-Jones or Higgins.

Legend
Legend
I’ve been a bit surprised to see Hodge playing so much ... he’s our #3 WR way more than Higgins thus far. There were even times that he was out there as our ONLY guy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Higgins is probably just riding pine behind OBJ.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
dskin45 Offline OP
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
I am not related to Peoples-Jones. I have no skin in the game. However, I have seen him play plenty of times at Michigan and the guy is so electric! Go back and watch some highlights if you want. All I am saying is the Coaching staff should give this guy an opportunity rather sooner than later. You might be laughing at my comments, I don’t really care. Peoples-Jones will help the Brownies if they give him the chance. Let’s go Brownies!!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Lotta mouths to feed on this offense. Who do you swap him for in the starting WR group? Higgins and Hodge are/have shown chemistry with Baker.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
He has to earn the opportunity. It's not like the coaches don't give him a chance or know what he brings... they see him against our guys all the time. That is his chance. First you earn getting the game time, then you earn keeping that game time.

He's a rookie WR on a roster that has some serious depth at the position. He definitely has talent, but he's developmental.

As it stands, barring him suddenly becoming a super freak in practices, he will need an injury or two to hit in order to get on the field in any meaningful capacity. Unless OBJ or Hodge get hurt, I wouldn't plan on seeing him on the field much on offense, and on Special Teams, he had a chance to earn a starting returner job and lost out on both to JoJo Natson (and is 3rd behind D'Ernest Johnson for Punt Returns).

He may be electric, but so far he isn't good enough to take anyone's job.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His problem is that there was a limited off-season and many coaches are leaning towards experience and things they have seen on NFL tape. Plus, he's on a team with two very good starters in a scheme that rarely uses more than two WRs. KhaDarel Hodge is allegedly a special teams "ace" and Jojo Natson "won" the return gigs, so they have clear gameday roles. Higgins has a good rapport with Baker and reliable hands, while also kinda being one of those sideline energy guys. You could argue for him over Higgins, but he's not really getting snaps, either.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Your screen name is half the next opponents team name.

It's nice to see the Browns in position to have a healthy scratch.

Not every player drafted should get to make the team.
This was common when there were only 28 teams in the NFL.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Your screen name is half the next opponents team name.

"Football Team" ?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Peoples-Jones a healthy scratch

Link Copied to Clipboard