Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#785171 05/03/13 01:06 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O.k..a lot of arguing in this forum and it's gotten dull..so lets have some fun,shall we?
I know a lot of U didn't like the draft ,so now it's your turn.Look at the draft how it played out. And figure out how you would have ran it based on how the draft went and how you would have played GM.

Yes, I realize the draft is OVER . But this to show what you would have done.
Two rules:
1-The Browns take the Buffalo trade and have picks 16,46.
2- Look at any website that has the entire draft and select who would be available at and below the Browns picks which are:

16-
46-
78-
111-
139-
175-
217-
222-
227-

If you still want to make the Steelers/Colts trade you can since that was a factor..

Browns lose one of the 5th rounders due to the Bess trade.

You cannot select anyone that would have went before the Browns selections,unless it's for the previous slot.

I'll start first using CBS Sports..it's easier to navigate for me.

16- Desmond Trufant CB Washington ** I get my starter at #2 CB

46- Gavin Escobar TE SDSU ** Another weapon for Weeden

78- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M..I thought he would go early but I'll take him here.

111- Phillip Thomas FS Fresno St **Here's my starter at FS

139- Traded to Colts for next years # 4

175- Jeff Baca OG UCLA ** Inside linemen to upgrade the Oline

217- Jordan Poyer CB Oregon ***I'm retooling the secondary. Good pickup at this spot

222- Zac Dysert QB Miami(Ohio) ** Development QB to work with

227- Zeke Motta SS ND** backup SS to use when Ward is out.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 05/03/13 01:14 PM.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
16- Eric Reid, FS
46- David Amerson, CB
78- Cory Lemonier, OLB
111- Barrett Jones, OG/OC
139- Traded to Colts for 2013 4th rounder
175- Dustin Hopkins, K
217- Jordan Poyer, CB
222-Chris Gragg, TE
227- Reid Fragel, OT

3 DBs, but 2 are flexible enough that they can play CB or FS. Flexible guy that can play guard, or move to center as an emergency. An OLB prospect that I think can make the transition. I left in the colts trade. Our PK, that frankly I think is an upgrade over the current PKs. An athletic TE and can also block, and backup OT that has great upside. I'd be happy with this.

clwb419 #785173 05/03/13 02:17 PM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The 3rd round pick was 68 not 78. I never heard about us swapping 3rds as part of the trade. I was on board with Mingo for months but I'll play for fun.

16- Eric Reid, FS
46- Larry Warford OG
68- Leon McFadden CB
111- Traded to Steelers for 2014 3rd
139- Quanterus Smith OLB
175- Kenjon Barner RB
217-Marques Wilson WR
222- Zac Dysert QB
227- Brad Wing LSU

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Buffalo trade

Was that trade really on the table ??

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Buffalo trade

Yep.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Correction ...St.Louis was the trader. I can't edit it now..good catch..but Buffalo took the trade from the Rams.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

O.k..a lot of arguing in this forum and it's gotten dull..so lets have some fun,shall we?
I know a lot of U didn't like the draft ,so now it's your turn.Look at the draft how it played out. And figure out how you would have ran it based on how the draft went and how you would have played GM.

Yes, I realize the draft is OVER . But this to show what you would have done.
Two rules:
1-The Browns take the St.Louis trade .and have picks 16,46.
2- Look at any website that has the entire draft and select who would be available at and below the Browns picks which are:

16-
46-
78-
111-
139-
175-
217-
222-
227-

If you still want to make the Steelers/Colts trade you can since that was a factor..

Browns lose one of the 5th rounders due to the Bess trade.

You cannot select anyone that would have went before the Browns selections,unless it's for the previous slot.

I'll start first using CBS Sports..it's easier to navigate for me.

16- Desmond Trufant CB Washington ** I get my starter at #2 CB

46- Gavin Escobar TE SDSU ** Another weapon for Weeden

78- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M..I thought he would go early but I'll take him here.

111- Phillip Thomas FS Fresno St **Here's my starter at FS

139- Traded to Colts for next years # 4

175- Jeff Baca OG UCLA ** Inside linemen to upgrade the Oline

217- Jordan Poyer CB Oregon ***I'm retooling the secondary. Good pickup at this spot

222- Zac Dysert QB Miami(Ohio) ** Development QB to work with

227- Zeke Motta SS ND** backup SS to use when Ward is out.

I could not edit the post, but the Rams had the offer on the table but the Bills actually took the trade..

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Quote:

Buffalo trade

Yep.

Link?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
O
Rookie
Rookie
O
I don't know about a redo, but I see the Ravens got Simon out of OSU in the 4th round...Big 10 DPOY..would have been a nice pick up for us as a 4th...being compared to Jarrett Johnson

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hindsight:

16- TE Eifert
46- CB Taylor
78- DE/OLB Moore
111- WR Patton
139- RB S.Taylor
175- T/G Quessenberry
217- TE Gragg
227- QB Bray

Real Time:

16- CB Rhodes
46- OLB Moore
78- WR T.Williams
111- OL B.Jones
139- RB S.Taylor
175- TE Gragg
217- QB Bray
227- OLB D.Bass/OT Fragel/S Motta/CB J.Adams

As you see, both scenarios are very Offense-heavy purely going with personal BPA. For the "drop off" at rusher from Mingo to Moore in those scenarios we'd get an "upgrade" at CB from McFadden to Rhodes/Taylor AND an extra starter at TE or WR (Eifert/T.Williams).

I also like a combo of Patton/Taylor or Jones/Taylor better than a 3rd/4th next year, but consider the Colts trade instead of Taylor a wash, but I like both Patton and Jones better than a future 3rd.

Basically, the "value question" for me becomes as follows: Mingo/McFadden have to be as good or better than Eifert/Taylor/Moore or Rhodes/Moore/T.Williams or Eifert/Warmack/Wreh-Wilson. Mingo probably (depending on the development of those 3 sceanrios) has to deliver at A.Smith/Von Miller levels to be worth it

Fact is, we bought "high" on both Mingo and McFadden. Mingo was NEVER a top 5 consideration anywhere and McFadden in this CB-class was never considered a top 2 rounds pick. We bought high on their "value" and we've done that before with Haden, Ward, Schwartz, Gordon, TRich and Weeden. The former 2 were hits and the last 4 are still incompletes but after their rookie seasons look like a "split", but it's way too early but all 4 have at least "flashed" high end potential and that's the least I'd expect of Mingo and McFadden too.
Time will tell if the consenus has a clue about value or just talk about it but can't evaluate accordingly...but from here on out, I'll follow the careers of those prospects and applaud/criticize our evaluators accordingly

FA is as good as over, the draft is over and we've probably doen trading.....with that said, I'd rank those 3 as foolows:

1. Trading for vets (Really like the additions of RB Lewis and WR Bess)
2. FA (It was a mixed bag, but we avoided signing bad players imho, could and should have done more though)
3. Draft (Not a fan of this draft the more I think it through...especially combined with my criticism of their FA. I think we msiplayed the value of pick no6 which was the biggest decision to make and that forced their hand at 68 to take a certain position, which wasn't necessary going in if FA was played out better...time will tell)

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
16- CB Xavier Rhodes - Florida St.
46- OG Larry Warford - Kentucky
68- CB Leon McFadden - San Diego St.
111- TRADE with Pukesburg
139- DE Quinton Dial - Alabama
175- S Jamoris Slaughter - Notre Dame
217- LB Armonty Bryant - East Central Oklahoma
222- QB Sean Renfree - Duke
227- G/T Garrett Gilkey - Chadron St.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
clwb419 #785182 05/05/13 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
16 - Xavier Rhodes, CB
46 - Arthur Brown, LB
78 - Corey Lemonier , DE (OLB in 3-4)
111 - Tyler Wilson , QB
139 - Kenny Stills, WR
175 - Kenjon Barner, RB
217 - Jordan Poyer, CB
222 - Eric Herman, OG
227 - Zeke Motta, S

Fill defensive holes, get a developmental QB, slot WR, change of pace runner, solid G prospect and a special teamer.

Brown was the one luxury pick for me. Don't think ILB is a huge need but I really liked him.

Nas320 #785183 05/05/13 07:07 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll stick w/the Browns draft. Desmond Trufant? Really?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yeah Trufant..U have something to say? I coulda went with Taylor but I wanted to do something a bit different.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 05/06/13 08:10 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Trufant is a slot corner. He is very good at trailing guys and jumping slant and crossing routes. However, he is terrible at setting the edge as a run defender and doesn't cover receivers very well when matched up outside in a one-on-one situation.

I just don't think he is a first round corner.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Haha what if we have actually grown to like the Mingo pick now? Would I be alone on that? haha

P
Legend
Legend
P
Grown to like it?

Isn't he the same guy he was before he was drafted?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Since we are doing this Fantasy Redo...based on what? I don't know but I'll do mine.

The Browns trade their entire draft picks of the 2013 draft to the Indianapolis Colts for LUCK QB.

That's my Redo

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #785189 05/07/13 11:49 AM
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
eotab;

Sorry, that trade is rejected by the Colts. In fact if the Browns were to make a trade, it would have to be the entire team and a BILLION dollars cash and that would be rejected as well. As the Colts had already let Manning go so, no deal could be made unless of coarse someone wanted to buy the team for say 2 Billion or more.

But, then they would really have the FBI looking at them really close.

PitDAWG #785190 05/07/13 12:20 PM
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Quote:

Grown to like it?

Isn't he the same guy he was before he was drafted?

Of course.

But when we drafted him I just looked at his stats and I was furious. But since drafting him I've watched most of his snaps in the last 2 seasons and his stats don't come close to showing his play on the field. He was constantly disrupting plays. Just needs to start finishing a little more.

Not to mention he was completely under-utilized at LSU, especially his last season where he was pretty much a glorified QB spy. He will play much better in the 3-4 where he can play in space more as opposed to being forced into a phone booth with a bunch of fatty O-Lineman haha

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Also, when other fans make sense it's easy to change one's opinion based upon "further knowledge" and persuasive arguments.

Changing one's stance in light of new discoveries is the opposite of thick-headed. It's a good trait that shows open-mindedness and a willingness to think.

I should try it sometime.

#gmstrong
ddubia #785192 05/07/13 07:35 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Ha! You are actually one of most--if not Thee--levelheaded people/person on this board.

ddubia #785193 05/07/13 10:17 PM
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Quote:

Also, when other fans make sense it's easy to change one's opinion based upon "further knowledge" and persuasive arguments.

Changing one's stance in light of new discoveries is the opposite of thick-headed. It's a good trait that shows open-mindedness and a willingness to think.

I should try it sometime.

Haha yeah. Well you know every Browns fan thinks they could be the best GM, so when they have their eye on a player and the Browns dont pick them (and they never do) they will be unhappy no matter what. I was unhappy at first, but did my homework and now I am happy.

Cant say that for some of our other draft picks, or lack there of!

I really wanted Bacarri Rambo. During the season he was projected as a high round pick, but because of off-field stuff he dropped to like the 6th. I think he will end up being one of the biggest steals in the draft. He was a captain on arguably the best D in the country for cryin out loud. But I guess the Browns only like picking drug DEALERS not those who just smoke drugs.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think Trufant is a slot corner. He is very good at trailing guys and jumping slant and crossing routes. However, he is terrible at setting the edge as a run defender and doesn't cover receivers very well when matched up outside in a one-on-one situation.

I just don't think he is a first round corner.

I am aware of those issues . He needs coaching to improve his techniques.
I looked at the corners and Jamar Taylor has the better coverage skills but I think Turfant can be better than what he is.
I'll be looking at him and several others over the season to see how they're doing .

Eo:
Since we are doing this Fantasy Redo...based on what?

Based on what the criteria was..saw a lot of poo-pooing..wanted a chance to lighten it up in here and use the St.Louis trade to see what others would have done instead.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 05/08/13 08:14 AM.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Browns fans would poo-poo even if the Browns had 5 first round picks and took the 5 undisputed best players, according to every single person in the country hahaha.

Hopefully when we start winning it will stop...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Ahh I get it...Redo was the trade! Doh, I just didn't get that from your initial post...I'm like why is Attack making a thread on my draft if I was the GM...I thought that would be a DJbrown thread...lol.

Sorry so slow on this - the redo is if we took the trade instead...Well for me I would hope that we got Mingo with that pick at 16 making our War Room jumping around with joy that he was still there

My "based on what" comment was like we had so many pre draft mocks what changed since then to do another Mock thing only after the draft n the first 5 were set in reality.

But now I get it there was a reported trade we turned down indicative of how much we had targeted Mingo as a great player in this draft. The Redo I now know is we indeed took the trade. Got it - sorry I was a bit slow on this

thank you for bearing with me on that

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #785197 05/08/13 10:42 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
" Sorry so slow on this - the redo is if we took the trade instead...Well for me I would hope that we got Mingo with that pick at 16 making our War Room jumping around with joy that he was still there "

haaaa..thats funny..I can tell U sumptin..had they taken the trade and Mingo still was there they would have taken him..had he been gone they still wanted a pass rusher ..and it wasn't Jones..hold on..wait for it..the guy they had targeted is very similar to Mingo ..

Jamie Collins OLB Ole Miss
6' 4 250
20TFLs ,10 sacks ,4 forced fumbles as a senior ,6 sacks as a junior..thats darn good

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 05/08/13 10:47 AM.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Absolutely NO way Mingo would be there at 16.

I heard that one or two of the teams close behind us (most likely Jets or Saints) had Mingo as the #1 rated player on their board.

Good call on Collins though I like him. Or Sio Moore out of UConn

Last edited by CLEBrowns216; 05/08/13 10:57 AM.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Here's where it's interesting.
If the Browns would have done the deal, then they might have done several things..one they could have waited to see Mingo slide. If he does what a deal that becomes.
If he doesn't they could take Collins with that 16th pick.I don't know if they would have or not but the senero's are there. The main thing I did find out was that pass rusher was #1 thing to do in the draft for the Browns.
So they still had options...

1-Take Collins @ 16,then take a corner or..
2-Take a DB (they really liked John Cypren S) then Collins.

Collins was drafted # 52 by the Pats so he would have still been there in the second.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 05/08/13 11:39 AM.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Yeah well your right they clearly wanted a pass rusher. So I'm glad they got Mingo. I think he will end up being the best from the draft.

Week 1 Mingo vs Dion Jordan will be interesting. Too bad Jordan will have to rush against some dude name Joe Thomas!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jordan Vs. Thomas NO Contest ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

" Sorry so slow on this - the redo is if we took the trade instead...Well for me I would hope that we got Mingo with that pick at 16 making our War Room jumping around with joy that he was still there "

haaaa..thats funny..I can tell U sumptin..had they taken the trade and Mingo still was there they would have taken him..had he been gone they still wanted a pass rusher ..and it wasn't Jones..hold on..wait for it..the guy they had targeted is very similar to Mingo ..

Jamie Collins OLB Ole Miss
6' 4 250
20TFLs ,10 sacks ,4 forced fumbles as a senior ,6 sacks as a junior..thats darn good

If that's true, then we're run by complete idiots....no "ifs", "whens" and "buts"

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
N
Legend
Legend
N

Ok, I'm late to the party, but I'll play. I'm not going to make any trades further than what you implemented. Just pick guys at each slot.

16- Tyler Eifert, TE, ND (playmaker!!!!)

46- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise (just missed out on Banks!)

78- D.Moore, OLB, A&M (basically a wasted rookie year getting him physically prepared, but he had amazing tape)

111- Chris Harper, WR, K-State (I do like getting proven-Bess better with this pick)

139 - Josh Evans, S, Florida (value pick at position of need)

175 - Dustin Hopkins, K, FSU (best kicker out there, a Texan to replace Phil)

217 - Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State (great value here)

222 - Marquess Wilson, WR, Wash State (high potential flier pick)

227- Garrett Gilkey, OT, Chadron State (know nothing of him, but we do need OL depth and we got Chris Faulk - who I like - in UDFA)

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I kinda like our draft we got a beast at OLB, we got an under rated CB, we got two good mid-rd. picks in 2014, we got a very good FS (if healthy) and we got a very under rated OL ... Overall B- ... JMHO

PS... Throw in Gordan and Bess ... Grade goes up A

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I kinda like our draft we got a beast at OLB, we got an under rated CB, we got two good mid-rd. picks in 2014, we got a very good FS (if healthy) and we got a very under rated OL ... Overall B- ... JMHO

you don't like Mingo?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

you don't like Mingo?

Yes, Mingo = OLB

Legend
Legend
It was just my obtuse way of pointing out you left off Bryant, who might have the most potential of all the guys we drafted.

*edit* I see in the other thread you are pulling for his success, as well

Last edited by clevesteve; 05/08/13 12:00 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

It was just my obtuse way of pointing out you left off Bryant, who might have the most potential of all the guys we drafted.

Your right, I forgot Bryant, i hope he makes it, he does have alot of upside, but first he needs to take care of his life away from football ...

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Quote:

*edit* I see in the other thread you are pulling for his success, as well

Bryant more potential than Mingo? No way. Even if he could get his s*** together, which I doubt he will.

T
Legend
Legend
T
General thought. We live in a world where the Monday Night Football crews, the Espn folks, and the Big Market east coast media control alot of the conversation about football teams; and the general thinking on the Browns is they are bad, they've been bad, they're still bad, and they don't have anyone on the team worth talking about.

So if you can consider that as a motive for my Browns draft redo, here it is.

Round 1, Monte Teo

Round 3, Honey Badger,

Free Agent addition, Charles Woodson

Free Agent addition, Tim Tebow.

The Browns would be 4 times more likely to be mentioned in a broadcast, and if they did get a Monday night game in the next 2 years, folks would be able to name a player on the team.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2013 Draft Redo

Link Copied to Clipboard