Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
If you've ever experienced the lullaby of even 2 full minutes of observing a wrecking ball in action, and the beauty of it, you may understand why I'll suggest you consider this for your bucket list.
1. They are often of a time gone by and may never be easy to be seen again.

Yesterday, there was a news report in Cincinnati, The Millenium Hotel 300+ ft, 32 stories, is to be torn down and will take until June of 2022, (over a year), to be completely torn down, and a replacement project is in the works.
Also, implosion is unlikely because of it's location.

So, hopefully, if I live long enough to see, 16 months from now, I may get on around there to Cincy a short time to check this out.

I watched a wrecking ball for maybe a couple minutes two times when I was around 8 years old. ( Before and after the shopping trip).

I think it's a thing of beauty. I'd say it's maybe as beautiful as a boat watching a glacier in Alaska, but, the glacier is always going to be there, there may not be one more chance to see a wrecking ball in action, in my lifetime,
there certainly hasn't been a downtown building, about to be demolished by a wrecking ball, (not implosion), in the last 30 years, that I was aware of before hand.

Maybe it won't technically be a wrecking ball and, we'll all lose out.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Isn’t this your second wrecking ball thread you’ve started? Or at least your second love letter to one on DT?
You’ve got some kind of weird obsession. All good I guess. Some guys like the ladies. Some like the men. Some like wrecking balls.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Isn’t this your second wrecking ball thread you’ve started? Or at least your second love letter to one on DT?
You’ve got some kind of weird obsession. All good I guess. Some guys like the ladies. Some like the men. Some like wrecking balls.

What about Mylie Cyrus on a wrecking ball?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Not my type but to each their own.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Some like "Wrecking Balls".

That was my screen name. cool

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I remember watching on TV when the Williamson Building on the east side of Cleveland's Public Square was imploded to make space for what is now called the BP Tower (back then it was the Sohio Tower). Quite an impressive engineering feat to place explosives so precisely that they would cause a tall building to fall in on itself, and still not damage any surrounding buildings.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... A wrecking ball deserves mention

Link Copied to Clipboard