Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1660343 09/09/19 05:34 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Crazy stuff happens in week one every year.

Last year the Bengals beat the Colts 34-23. The Buccaneers beat the Saints 48-40.

While there are real issues that need to be fixed, this is [hopefully] not the end of the world.

Legend
Legend
The hope is it’s an aberration and a wake up call and that our guys have the character, talent, togetherness, etc to rectify and build from it.

It’s still just one game, though it puts us in a very pressurized spot heading into a prime time away game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This isn't crazy stuff..It's the same crap year after year...losing with signs of improvement is positive... I didn't see anything positive or feel anything positive from yesterdays game..

And this game one stuff is crap to... How many times have that been said..You win game one..that changes the culture and brings the positive feel.

I'm mad as hell and will be until I see a team that can win ! and more than 3 damn games a season...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
This isn't crazy stuff..It's the same crap year after year...losing with signs of improvement is positive... I didn't see anything positive or feel anything positive from yesterdays game..

And this game one stuff is crap to... How many times have that been said..You win game one..that changes the culture and brings the positive feel.

I'm mad as hell and will be until I see a team that can win ! and more than 3 damn games a season...

Being mad is understandable. The effort out of the team was pisspoor. That doesn't mean that's what we'll see every week.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I sure hope not cfrs..

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I sure hope not cfrs..

I think this is something we can all agree on. It will get ugly fast if we have any more performances like we did in week one.

E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I feel like the expectations were too high

Our coaches are noobs, and our team has a lot of new players that havent played together.

Its not like we are an established sucessful team with a winning system that is a juggernaut.

We have to build that from the bottom up. I feel we have a very talented roster, and they just need to play together a bit more.

The coaches are the dark horse. Or, at least, they can hope to be. I feel this season hinges more on the coaches than the players.

If we dont end well this season, I feel Dorsey will put out feelers for new coaches. As stacked as this team is in talent, seems decent coaches will line up for the opportunity.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

The expectations were/are not too high. It was one game. Every team has a bad game. The Patriots got their doors blown off by the Titans last year 34-10. When the one bad game happens week one there are way more eyeballs on the bad game. If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

With all that said, now everyone has to perform.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The expectations were/are not too high. It was one game. Every team has a bad game. The Patriots got their doors blown off by the Titans last year 34-10. When the one bad game happens week one there are way more eyeballs on the bad game. If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

With all that said, now everyone has to perform.

Yes, the Pats lost. But they also have an established winning system.

We are starting from scratch and no such system. Its apples and oranges.

We need to temper expectations a bit until they get their feet under them.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
We need to temper expectations a bit until they get their feet under them.

The team is talented enough to win a lot of games. If they don't it is a failure across the board. We shouldn't walk back our expectations after one game of getting our head kicked in.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We can agree to disagree. Failure to win is on the coaches, when talent is stacked.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
We can agree to disagree. Failure to win is on the coaches, when talent is stacked.

It's on everyone.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

Well said.. What we saw is what we always saw.. Ugly.. I honestly didn't think it was going to start off Ugly.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I didn't think it would start like that either. Stopped at church today to do a couple of things. Pastor walked up, with his hands outstretched.

All I said was "I know, I know."

(he's my next door neighbor as well. I had worn a Browns polo to church yesterday)

Legend
Legend
The expectations have been set, and rightfully so. We DO have talent and we SHOULD be a contender. There’s really no reason this roster can’t be a 9 to 11 win football team.

Anything less is a failure by all parties involved

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
This is why I didn't buy into the hype. I've been done with false hope for a while now. I expect them to lose until they prove otherwise.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Squires
This is why I didn't buy into the hype. I've been done with false hope for a while now. I expect them to lose until they prove otherwise.

This is not unreasonable.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

This is not unreasonable.

It’s why I never boated out to the ‘Isle of Optimism’ or ‘Paradise Island’ or whatever. That place is a mirage on a vast open ocean until proven otherwise.

Those that supposedly have found it likely look like this by now...

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I really wish I wasn’t like this too, but it’s so hard not to be

Legend
Legend
I think a dose of reality would help those that are too emotional from yesterday’s loss. I can tell you what I went through last year, what a buddy of mine is fighting right now and some other real example of an awful situation.

Take a deep breath in, it’s one loss, we’re one game back of the Ravens (we also get to play the tanking Dolphins) and we get another game next Monday night.

I’m not being judgmental here, just reminding to wipe the slate clean soon after the game.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bottom line for me, we were not ready to play the game.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Here's my only hope that this turns around. This team took the field with a sense of entitlement, they believed thier own hype, they took this game for granted, they lost that chip on thier shoulder. They were beaten, humiliated, embarrased and exposed for the whole world to see. I hope that chip is back on the shoulder. Without that chip this isn't the browns. We lost alot of games but most of them were a dog fight decided by one score not a calamity. We play best as the underdog, get that chip back and maybe we can wind some games.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
They just need to adopt a Patriots-style attitude/approach.

Be professional. In your preparation, attitude, and play. Set an expectation, work hard, and achieve it.

If you get beat, identify what needs to be fixed, do it, and go on with your preparation.

There’s a reason the Pats don’t do a lot of media stuff. They have more important things to worry about.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Bam!

Good thought!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Hey, that one year where we went 10-6 in 2007, remember we got shellacked by the Stoolers 34-7 week 1. Week 2 we scored into the 50's and beat the Bengals. It was the start of a wonderful season!

Last edited by tastybrownies; 09/09/19 11:08 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
They just need to adopt a Patriots-style attitude/approach.

Be professional. In your preparation, attitude, and play. Set an expectation, work hard, and achieve it.

If you get beat, identify what needs to be fixed, do it, and go on with your preparation.

There’s a reason the Pats don’t do a lot of media stuff. They have more important things to worry about.

People have been trying to mimic the Patriots for almost twenty years. No one has succeeded. They have hired Patriots coaches (Crennel, McDaniels, Patricia, O’Brien, Mangini) and acquires Patriot players. The problem is that there is only one Belichick and there is only one Brady.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Bradys days are numbered. Not sure about Bellichik.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

That wasn’t the topic at hand.

E
Legend
Legend
E

The topic is the Pats. Please keep up.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Tbe topic is the Pats. Please keep up.

Brady and Belichick and their potential downfall are as related to what we were talking about as real Patriots like Paul Revere.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Brady and Belichick and their potential downfall are as related to what we were talking about as real Patriots like Paul Revere.

Weird since you had diarreah at the mouth about it.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Oh. You have no idea what’s going on right now. My bad. I will stop responding to you.

E
Legend
Legend
E

My bad. I will stop responding to you.

Its about time you grew a brain.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Geesh guys.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
So much for positivity.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
So much for positivity.

You're right. Back to the topic.

It was one game the first game of the season when crazy stuff happens. If you were optimistic ten minutes before game time yesterday you should still be optimistic now.

V
Legend
Legend
V
So much for positivity.

It was one game the first game of the season when crazy stuff happens. If you were optimistic ten minutes before game time yesterday you should still be optimistic now.

I agree w/that. But what if you had questions about the team before the game. Is it okay to still have questions?

I know that a lot of folks got irritated w/some of the questions a few of us had this off-season, but I don't think those questions have been answered after the first game.

With that said, I am not saying those questions have been answered in a negative way, either. It's one game. My point is that there are a lot of unknowns w/this team. The Fantasy Island stuff before the season wasn't a real thing. It was hype and fans getting excited. There is nothing wrong w/that, but I think logical minds are taking a wait-and-see approach.

It's too early to crown them. It's too early to trash them. There is talent on this team. There are questions about this team.

Legend
Legend
Well said. The questions about our OTs should be exacerbated at this point. The concerns about our rookie head coach should be exacerbated at this point. Same thing with the hype and team chemistry.

No doubt the talent is there to win games and be successful, but it’s NOT going to be easy and hopefully we can improve our weak spots and get it going.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
So much for positivity.

I agree w/that. But what if you had questions about the team before the game. Is it okay to still have questions?

One game should not change you opinion.

Legend
Legend
j/c

one positive thing for us that I just read: Mosely and Quinnan Williams were injured for the Jets

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Titans 43 A dose of positivity

Link Copied to Clipboard