Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1657411 09/05/19 10:01 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Its been so long since we have been relevant I am so nervous (or scared if you wish).

With us at the bottom of the barrel of NFL teams (always ranked around 30-32) I wasn't nervous at all before our games. Hey if we PLAYED TOUGH (or Battled was the most used expression) that was a victory of some sorts.

Now we are expected to win. I know our Browns aren't reading their press clippings and are preparing for our opponent.

Still all these accolades given to us from these Bozo's scare the crap out of me.

Are they waiting to lambast our Franchise QB if the offense falters a bit.

And "Our Offense", I think has not been exposed yet. I think there is lot out there that we just did not show during Preseason. Will it work. Even if it doesn't we happen to got a great punter who can flip a field like no other...I HOPE fingerscrossed Our defense looks to be of the awesome variety that we haven't had here since the days of the conception of the Woof! Woof!! Woof!!! and Dog Bones treats being thrown and EATEN by our players.

This flip from Disgusting, Mediocre Football to One of the BEST IN THE NFL just scares me. Oh I still predict 16-0 but this time its actually a possibility and that Scares me. I'm afraid to wake up from this Dream....

What say you???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BBS

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Scared is a bit drastic to describe my feelings heading into the season ... but I’m definitely on edge about it. I think it’s extremely important to WIN this week. Maybe not even play well, but to just WIN. That will quell a lot of concerns IMO.

If we lose .. then we are facing 3 must win games out of the next 5 IMO (at NYJ, LAR, at BAL, at SF, SEA) and that’s not a recipe for success

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm very nervous.

Winning game 1 will calm my nerves a bit. Winning big would calm them even more.

It just really all depends on Baker. If he succeeds the team will feed off of that and the team will succeed. But teams have had a whole offseason to prepare for him. It's not going to be as easy as last year, and against the good teams it wasn't easy at all. Can he meet the challenge? Has he done enough this offseason to tip those odds in his favor?

Is the team calm or are they going to be pressing? I kind of like that they aren't shying away from the hype. But everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. How will the team respond? How will Baker respond?

Legend
Legend
You bring up a good point about adversity: let’s say we go 3 and out the first few possessions ... how do we respond? Or we LOSE two straight to open up the year? What do we do for game 3? Etc.

Having expectations is a double edge sword

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Scared? Nah!

Petrified comes to mind.

Just worried that they're, as a team, caught up in the hype as much as we are.

Imo the coaching staff knows that as well. We'll be prepared.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
I'm anxious and excited.

Scared? No.

Are they waiting to lambaste us? Absolutely.
With all of the hype and off-season laurels thrown upon us, there is a bevy of stories waiting with either outcome of this game. We either validate the hype and everyone starts to sit up and take notice, or we stumble and the narrative shifts to "same ol' Browns".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not even a little bit bro ...

- we got through TC with no major injuries other than Hunt and that won’t hurt us at all ...

- Freddie has appeared MORE THAN READY since TC started ... he’s a LEADER in what seems to be every sense of the word ...

- our roster is LOADED WITH TALENT ...

Dang bro .. how times have changed ... i’m calming u down ... *L* ...

This is gonna be FUN BROTHER!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOOOooooooooo thumbsup

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
If we find any way to win game #1 (and I mean any), then I'm fine. Going into it, I think I'm a bit numb. I don't like all the hype surrounding the team.

What is troubling to me is my 81 year old dad insisting on grilling brats outside to keep up the tradition even though he's fallen into the grill twice in the last two years.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Not scared.... But, like some part of me is waiting for the wheels to come flying off.

A win against Tennessee is something that they've never done before.

They're not the Browns of old... But you just sort of expect the worst with this team.

Baker has a giant chip on his shoulder. Either this whole thing implodes, or they blow up the divisi6

Legend
Legend
i cant even describe my emotions, TBH.

im so happy that the season is finally started, yet worried about the pressure and hype, yet excited about the potential of our team, yet ticked off that Calloway's dumb ass did something to get suspended, yet hopeful once kareem gets back.

and yet so damn thankful that mayfield is our QB!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm a little worried about Greedy and Denzel potentially having to tackle D. Henry to kick off the season, but other than that I'm just gonna take it as it comes.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm excited for the season to begin as I always am. But otherwise in no way am I scared or nervous about it.

I'm fully aware that things will go in one of two directions and I have zero control over that.

We have the talent to accomplish great things. But as always, as with every team, we have our weak spots.

We have a new DC, a new OC and a first time HC. A lot of new moving parts and systems. We could look great coming out of the gate or we could stumble early considering all of those factors.

Despite what seems to be many fans overlooking the Titans, they have a great D. I don't believe this will be a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

My expectations for this season are high, but at the same time I understand with such an influx of new players and new coaches, things may not take off at lightening speed. I believe my perspective is a realistic way of looking at things. As such it works to keep emotions somewhat in check.

So I'm certainly excited and am anticipating the beginning of the season. I'm certainly expecting a positive season with a lot of growth and production. But to call any of that scared or nervous, no.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Scared and nervous aren't words that describe my feelings about the Browns.

Pumped up or bummed out would.

With my heightened anticipation, those feelings will also be heightened.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I am excited! I feel happy and confident!

I {{{know}}} our team is good.

I feel like the only thing that would make me nervous is injuries.

No Craps Given
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I still flinch about getting optimistic .. Battered Browns Fan Syndrome

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Colin Cowherd was talking about our Browns today and he made some good points. He said we have a lot of new players, a first time HC and OBJ that is hurt a lot. He said 9 wins is about right but if we stay healthy we have a chance at more. We can be special on O with the talent we have. I know some of our posters don't like him but I felt his points were valid and I like to hear his opinions.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
A home opening win hasn't happened since 2004. I'm one of those that believe that there is something in the universe that hates us. I'm afraid of that damn thing.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The D will be better than our O ... and thats saying something ... thumbsup

I LOVE COLIN ... 1/2 that bag of chips on Bakes shoulder were provided by him ... sometimes i wonder if he’s on our payroll ... *LOL* ....

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Colin Cowherd was talking about our Browns today and he made some good points. He said we have a lot of new players, a first time HC and OBJ that is hurt a lot. He said 9 wins is about right but if we stay healthy we have a chance at more. We can be special on O with the talent we have. I know some of our posters don't like him but I felt his points were valid and I like to hear his opinions.

The sun shines on every dogs a$$ once in a while...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
thumbsup

Legend
Legend

Game jitters - yes.

I always have game jitters especially the opener.

First I have to see this team play a full regular season game.

Have not really seen them play.

I know we have talent. I feel Freddie has the team prepared.

We didn't get to see much in pre-season. A couple series on offense without Jarvis, Odell and Chubb.

We saw a series with Myles and the gang.

One thing I know is other teams have good players as well and will do everything they can do to win.
The league is super competitive.

Part of me is ready to talk trash and ready to get it on. That part of me is confident. Feeling like we are going crush teams.

Then there is the lingering doubts as Browns fans that we all harbor. Are we going to be let down again? That creepy
pessimistic feeling that this is a mirage.

Once this game is over I feel like I can come back to earth and evaluate who we are.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm thinking the one who should be scared is Marcus Mariota, because it could be a very long afternoon for him, courtesy of Myles Garrett & friends.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I'm a little nervous, but I always am unless we're out of the playoff chase.

Which is.... you know... most of the time.

But yeah, the expectations have me more uptight than usual in Week 1.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Forget scared.

This is our time, just like the Bernie years, like Brian Sipe and the Cardiac Kids!

Sit back and enjoy as we Git er Done. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Forget scared.

This is our time, just like the Bernie years, like Brian Sipe and the Cardiac Kids!

But we didn’t git er done in the Bernie, Brian and cardiac kids years.

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dave
I'm thinking the one who should be scared is Marcus Mariota, because it could be a very long afternoon for him, courtesy of Myles Garrett & friends.

Just wanted to quote it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Forget scared.

So we came up a bit short but it sure was grand watching those seasons play out!

Some great movies have had sad endings but they were still great.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Scared?!?

I jumped on the Browns at -5.5!

Going to be a great season....finally.

Legend
Legend
Forget scared.

So we came up a bit short but it sure was grand watching those seasons play out!

You mean like the Titanic, that almost made it across the Atlantic.

It was a fabulous cruise, until they sank.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Forget scared.

You mean like the Titanic, that almost made it across the Atlantic.

It was a fabulous cruise, until they sank.

No, I mean like the Browns, kicking butt around the league, week after week, until we didn't.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Ehh Sure, What's gonna happen, the Browns are gonna lose? big deal, been through this before.

Wha, what do I think? Is Beckham still motivated?

Did he peak a few years ago, never really saw him play much, I'm not a Giants fan.

No more Zeitler, Now Coley is gone,

Perriman, Duke, Hyde, Jabril Peppers, a bunch of guys who I don't remember in the moment,
Aren't going to score a single TD for the Browns this year now that they are off the team,

So the 5-3 finish, I don't know if it is equal to equal until some of the bugs get worked out.

On paper, last year, they had a 3rd year HC, sure 1-31, but not a rookie HC,
I don't have to keep down that path,
Everybody already knows it's not Haley, or Gregg Williams, This is Freddie Kitchens' debut.

What I'm trying to say is,

First year Head coach, (weve SEEN THAT) Seen that about a dozen times since 99, with mixed results, HA!

Hey, the seasons here, no sense to worry, just try for the best, see what happens.

Hows' Chubb going to respond being the big man on campus in the RB room with little experience behind.

Who knows if, Hunt is motivated, and week 10 seems wayy long into the season.

Who knows if Beckham Jr is, well what could he be?

Callaway, I think was lights out last year, hard to imagine, Beckhams' production is going to equal the threat Callaway had last year,

And Callaways out 4 games, so the """""increase""""" I don't know how it could be all that.

But, first rd pick, and all the ripples of players not here, because of the Beckham Trade.

The uhh, The D-line, Who knows?

Sure they're built to rush the QB, but every minute of every play doesn't always call for that!

Just remembered. . Didn't Jax, among others, prove 2 years ago in the playoffs that the way to beat Pittsburgh is "Not to rush the Qb" but layoff and hold back the DLine to knock passes down, and get interceptions off of those.

I could see something like this playing out,

Browns have 2 or 3 bad losses, in tough games, maybe 3 pt losses,

Then beat somebody 40-nothing,

But the net is more L's than W's

Scared Sure, but hope I'm Wrong.

That young quarterback is pretty awesome, at times.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Not scared, but anxious, like so many of you. I've been beaten down by this team before and it's hard to just shake that off. My Dad is even worse. I can't watch games with him because he's so pessimistic. But tough to blame a guy who's been following the team since the Jim Brown days.

But just like the media has been hyping us and there are a lot of people who want us to lose, I truly believe our guys want to show the world we're for real.

I'll feel a lot better after the game, that's for sure.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: brownsfansince79
My Dad is even worse. I can't watch games with him because he's so pessimistic.

Dawgs4Life is your dad?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Dawgs4Life is your dad?

I can't stand apathetic people.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Dawgs4Life is your dad?
tongue

R
Legend
Legend
R
Apathetic?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life is your dad?
tongue

Who's your daddy?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I'm hoping Mayfield can stay healthy for the season, scared that he might not and we'll have to wait until next year, once again.

We've waited long enough. We want our fun NOW. It's our time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can't wait! LET'S GOOOOOO! brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Titans 43 Who Else is Scared!

Link Copied to Clipboard