Next Thread
Print Thread
#1702514 12/04/19 01:57 PM
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Jules ... I’m back for our dance ... being a gentleman I’ll let u go first ... ask a question, make a statement or blast me for being so wrong ... or any combo u so choose ....

I’m ready for ya’all ... won’t be the first time It’s been me against the board ...

Lets dance dawgs ... thumbsup

PS. Randall for KIzer being called a move that didn’t work out .... rofl .... a bag of balls was about all Kizer was worth ... I’ve never liked Randall .... if he don’t play gain in brown and orange, that’d be fine with me .... C YA ....

B
Legend
Legend
B
How did that new weight room work out for ya?

Just poking man. I don't get in all that many skirmishes any more.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm not Jules, but I'm here anyway.

Remember how I was going to be one of the last to board the ferry to the isle? Remember how I said "It all looks great on paper, but this is the Browns?"

Now you can see why I was still a skeptic. It was hard to put into words, but the upshot was this: We had a lot of brand new moving parts to get into place. There was a TON of roster churn. There were new schemes on both sides of the ball. There was (once again, sigh) new coaching staff. And there was a rookie head coach who was a huge unknown.

I said almost from the start that I saw an 8-8 team which would be primed to make a strong run in 2020. I may still have a chance to be correct, but that's on this team to make it so.

In a way, I'm not really all that bummed out. Instead of getting too hyped, I decided to sit back and study. Here is where the team is, afaic:

It's character time. They can still salvage a winning record or play .500 ball if they gutcheck and start playing like men who are a team. If they love their HC and want him around next year, they must play like it now. Leaders need to step up and set the tone for the remainder of this year and the start of the next.

The team is as loaded with raw talent as it's ever been. Do the work now. Clean up all the mistakes and underachieving this season. Stay focused offseason. Hit the ground running at OTA's. Make 2020 a success by prepping for it today.

Bro- I wanna sip cocktails out of umbrella glasses just like you. Here's hoping they've learned what it takes to play winning NFL football this year, so you can book my passage next year.

peace/out,
clem

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Just because the cruise ship floundered in the shallows this year doesn't mean you can't start planning next season's Island getaway.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
It's character time. They can still salvage a winning record or play .500 ball if they gutcheck and start playing like men who are a team. If they love their HC and want him around next year, they must play like it now. Leaders need to step up and set the tone for the remainder of this year and the start of the next.
I respectfully disagree, Clem.

Gut check time was after 4 games, when it was apparent that it was going to be easy goings all year like some thought. When it was apparent that the HC was not ready to lead. when it was apparent that changes needed to be made in how we prepared, how we coached, how we treated players, etc. etc., and the changes were not made. Gut check time was while we were losing, and guys were worried more about cleats or progressive commercials or tweeting and clapping back at naysayers.

This team has past its gut check time, and it failed miserably, IMO.

R
Legend
Legend
R
There is no gut check or character time or whatever you want to label it. These next games are meaningless. They literally mean nothing. A quarter of the season with nothing to play for.

No, there is not gut check time or character time or development time or chemistry time. Those are dumb concepts. The name of the game is to win and the Browns suck at it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree. Gut-check time, if it existed, has passed.

Still, there's lots to play for. Mostly, each person's job. Freddie has got to be feeling some heat from Dorsey. Dorsey has had some pretty decent coaches in his buildings throughout his career. And now he has Freddie, gotta think Freddie knows he's not meeting the standard.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Just because the cruise ship floundered in the shallows this year doesn't mean you can't start planning next season's Island getaway.

I'm not paying up front any longer! Show me...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
*L* ... we made it to the championship game cause of the new weight room ... thumbsup

PS. I don’t care about ND no more ... they covered up all of the Christopher Columbus murals in the entrance to the main building ... They caved to the PC crap thats helping to destroy this once great nation ... I’ve had it with the destruction of our history .... our history is our history WARTS AND ALL ....

I’m an SEC man now with my favorite team being whoever’s playing bama that week ... thumbsup

PSS. Nevermind ... I’ll pm u ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

There's still plenty of time for it to hit an iceberg this season. I suppose we could say it already hit a 'burgh (helm first?). Apparently we need better "lookouts" for the next cruise.

Hopefully next season we won't start the year off going down in "Titan"-ic fashion like we did this one.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 20 Dance cards open ...

Link Copied to Clipboard