Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Remember, under Crennel, the Browns finished at 10-6 and were screwed over because New England, with their spot cinched up, rested their starters and proceeded to lose and costing the Browns a playoff berth.

Well, San Diego beat a virtual starterless Chiefs team in OT to lock up the last AFC playoff spot because of losses earlier in the day by Miami and BallsNoMore.

Congratulations Pittsburgh fans! Congrats San Diego fans!

Last edited by Referee 3; 12/29/13 09:44 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the team was Indy, not New England. Either way, I get your point.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the team was Indy, not New England. Either way, I get your point.

Oh, you're right. Why was I thinking it was New England? It was Dungy and I cursed his name (and still do) for that crap. Thanks for correcting that.

It was Indy that intentionally screwed over the Browns that season. Nice to see it happen to Putzburgh though.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jim freakin' Sorgi...

Legend
Legend
As it turns out, a penalty didn't get called on the Chargers that would have given the Chiefs a second shot at the field goal, and five yards closer. So Pittsburgh really got screwed.

Hats off to Tomlin however. When asked today how he feels about it, he said they had 16 chances to take care of business and he wasn't going to lose sleep over something that happened in a stadium he wasn't even in. I may not like the Steelers for any reason, I do have respect for Tomlin.

#GMSTRONG
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

I do have respect for Tomlin.

After the crap he pulled by "not noticing" he was on the field that possibly stopped a TD, I have no respect for him. Of course he's going to say that they needed to take care of business. Any coach with any sense would. He inherited a franchise built for success and had rode the coat-tails of Cowher's success and Dick LeBeau as a DC. I could care less what he says....

#gmstrong.
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

I do have respect for Tomlin.

After the crap he pulled by "not noticing" he was on the field that possibly stopped a TD, I have no respect for him. Of course he's going to say that they needed to take care of business. Any coach with any sense would. He inherited a franchise built for success and had rode the coat-tails of Cowher's success and Dick LeBeau as a DC. I could care less what he says....

Now that you mentioned that stunt pulled by Tomlin, one of the things mentioned as a possible sanction against them was the lost of one or more draft picks. It wouldn't be determined until after the season, but considering that we now know where they're drafting, what round(s) could that be in?

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

but considering that we now know where they're drafting, what round(s) could that be in?

Considering that the Steelers are one of the "golden boy" franchises, I'll go with 6th or 7th. Something that won't really hurt them....

#gmstrong.
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

but considering that we now know where they're drafting, what round(s) could that be in?

Considering that the Steelers are one of the "golden boy" franchises, I'll go with 6th or 7th. Something that won't really hurt them....

Good contributors can be had in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Josh Evans, Jacksonville Jaguars
Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals
Baccarri Rambo, Washington Redskins
Mychal Rivera, Oakland Raiders
DeVonte Holloman, Dallas Cowboys
Mike James, Tampa Bay Bucs
Chris Jones, New England (drafted by Houston, waived, signed by TB and waived).

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Hats off to Tomlin however. When asked today how he feels about it, he said they had 16 chances to take care of business and he wasn't going to lose sleep over something that happened in a stadium he wasn't even in. I may not like the Steelers for any reason, I do have respect for Tomlin.

What about that deserves a 'hats off'? 31 other NFL head coaches would've done the same.

What was he supposed to say? "Miami and Baltimore screwed us. I'm so livid I can't sleep"?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Whether he deserves kudos or not for that, I'd take Tomlin as coach in a heart beat

Browns fans love to rag on him because he coaches the Steelers, but he's great at getting his guys to play for him.

C
1st String
1st String
C
Looooooooool.....that sure feels like crap,doesn't it Pitt?..

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
The correct verb is "Sorgi'd". It did make me feel just a little bit better, right before other news hit.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Browns fans love to rag on him because he's a ridiculously overrated coach. Just what someone said above, he took one of the strongest rosters and just watched as they got older and slower. They pulled it out this year because they have a franchise QB (again, Cowher's guy), and they will continue to be competitive as long as they have him. But for how much longer? They haven't been able to put together anything resembling a line, and their WRs are average at best. They got a decent RB this past draft (woopie). Their defense is slowly crumbling at the foundation. Big Ben has taken quite a few big hits, and it's only a matter of time before all of that catches up with him. When his level of play does drop off, it's going to be straight off a cliff. Then they'll have nothing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good contributors can be had in the 6th and 7th rounds.

I won't disagree that there can be some viable picks in those late rounds. However, the same can be said for UDFA's, no? I guess my point was that the NFL will give them the lightest slap on the wrist possible, so it hurts, but not too bad.

Oober, I think he is one of the most over-rated coaches going right now. Put Big Ben behind our line and I bet we see far different results (with or without Chud).

#gmstrong.
A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I won't disagree that there can be some viable picks in those late rounds. However, the same can be said for UDFA's, no? I guess my point was that the NFL will give them the lightest slap on the wrist possible, so it hurts, but not too bad.

Sure, it can be said of UDFAs but a team's draft picks can't be picked up by other teams. If you drafted them, you own their rights for the next year unless you cut them, making them free agents.

If you sign them and keep them, they are on your team. If you draft them and they refuse to sign, they cannot sign until they're drafted by another team the following year.

O
Legend
Legend
O
If he had a hand in drafting Big Ben, I would probably change my tune.

Who on that team has he had a hand in drafting and/or coaching up? Their starting WRs? Mike Wallace is the best guy that I can think of, but he wasn't all he's cracked up to be this year without Ben throwing him the ball. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are as average a WR tandem as you can find in the NFL.

Seriously, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has grown into a starting spot since Tomlin came on the scene.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

If he had a hand in drafting Big Ben, I would probably change my tune.

Who on that team has he had a hand in drafting and/or coaching up? Their starting WRs? Mike Wallace is the best guy that I can think of, but he wasn't all he's cracked up to be this year without Ben throwing him the ball. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are as average a WR tandem as you can find in the NFL.

Seriously, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has grown into a starting spot since Tomlin came on the scene.

Might want to take another look at Brown's season this year....he was a force...only player in league history to get at least 5 catches and 50 yards in all 16 games...broke a few records...was 2 catches shy of of Wards 112 catch record.......1499 yards......and is not even 6 feet tall

HACK

[Linked Image]
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

As it turns out, a penalty didn't get called on the Chargers that would have given the Chiefs a second shot at the field goal, and five yards closer. So Pittsburgh really got screwed.

Wait...it's a conspiracy. See, the NFL doesn't like the Steelers. They only want teams like the Patriots winning so this was one big elaborate spider-web of deceit involving buying off the refs and the Chiefs kicker who missed the field goal on purpose so the Chargers would win.

Quote:

After getting busted red-handed CHEATING by purposefully moving on the field to make the returner adjust his route, I do not now, nor will I ever, have any respect for Tomlin.

No well-rehearsed coach-speak is going to make me give false respect to a guy who cheated in probably the most blatant way I've ever seen a head coach cheat on the field.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
and you get to feel that way, I just feel differently.

#GMSTRONG
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Indubitably.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

After getting busted red-handed CHEATING by purposefully moving on the field to make the returner adjust his route, I do not now, nor will I ever, have any respect for Tomlin.

No well-rehearsed coach-speak is going to make me give false respect to a guy who cheated in probably the most blatant way I've ever seen a head coach cheat on the field.

Exactly how I feel. He is a hypocrite who uses false bravado as a motivational tactic.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Steelers 20 Pittsburgh gets Clevelanded!

Link Copied to Clipboard