Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1882948 09/12/21 07:32 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We played a great game. Superb job by the offense. Baker has come a LONG ways.

Turnovers were the difference … and our defense is still a huge work in progress.

Gillam … I’d cut him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We made several key mistakes and they made none. There is your difference...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
L
Legend
Legend
L
Baker was good until we needed him to be good and then he wasn't. Game is 60 minutes, but that being said, I don't put any fault on the offense, they played well enough to win with atleast a high school defensive effort.. whole defense stole their game checks today. But noone more than Joe Woods. We have players that thrive on aggressive attacking schemes like what Gregg Williams ran, this soft zone crap just doesn't work. Either adjust or fire him. We don't have time like before to wait to see if he figures it out. Our window to win is now. I agree about punter, he wasn't good last year either and they are easy enough to find. You literally have one job requiring two steps, catch it and kick it. Can't be folding during the most crucial point in the game

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Backer was great today

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Tough game. I’d say it was a choke job in the 4th quarter by the entire team. We had this game in the bag but we gotta finish.

Honestly, there’s no moral victories, but our defense will be better. First game of the season, no reason to panic.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Honestly I'm more worried about the injury to wills then the loss. We proved we can hang with the chiefs even with mahomes. They wont beat us in the playoffs if we play them again. Getting there of course is the problem. Especially if we have to do it without our starting LT.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Baker was good until we needed him to be good BLAH BLAH BLAH

Go root for Pittsburgh and get the hell off this board.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Turnovers were the difference … and our defense is still a huge work in progress.

Gillam … I’d cut him

100% agree with this...

Offense played well.. though second half struggled a bit... that fumble killed us...

Defense played well first half.... second half struggled.... that long TD ended the game for us...

<><

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: slick
Honestly I'm more worried about the injury to wills then the loss. We proved we can hang with the chiefs even with mahomes. They wont beat us in the playoffs if we play them again. Getting there of course is the problem. Especially if we have to do it without our starting LT.
I heard it was just a tweek. Whatever that means

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Scottish Hammer’s drop and Chubb’s fumble killed us.

All Pro
All Pro
Was hopeful. But then I realized at half the Browns were going to lose another opener. I have seen this movie too many times. Maybe next week...

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Scottish Hammer’s drop and Chubb’s fumble killed us.

Without those we win.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Some how the line dropped to a magical +5......hmmmmmmm......

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Hill pass was unbelievable…

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, the defense is truly still a work in progress. Slowing down the chiefs is hard for any team but thinking we’re close to balanced is pretty off at this point. Hopefully we can learn and build because learn and build we must. The only answer we had for their offense was our offense keeping theirs on the sideline. The offense looked great, Baker looked great. He needs to not make that last pass but so be it. I hope this gets him playing with a chip.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
That fell apart in typical Browns fashion. Same old Browns.

First half was fun. Offense looked good until it really mattered.

Defense doesn't look any better than last year.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gillam … I’d cut him

Him and chubb no mistakes allowed

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Chubb’s rare fumble was a killer yes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
First, NOBODY outside of this board and die-hard homers thought we would win today. The effort was admirable but the monkey of losing the first game was still on our backs. That along with some dumb luck killed us! I mean when does Chubb fumble in the clutch? When does hammer drop a punt snap? When does this offense go 3 and out back to back?

We played the best team in football, dominated the first half, and battled dumb mistakes in the second. It's almost like the game got in their heads when KC took the lead. Dammit I hope Baker is not a big game choker...

I love this team. Thought I was going to have a stroke before it ended. Angry we lost, but feel it was a team loss and not on any individual. And DC Woods needs to put some work in because this roster is easily a top 5 or 10 defense with an average DC. I know it's early for the D, but after 5 or 6 games we need to see that they are much better than today. You can't give Mahomes this same kind of D play in the playoffs.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

Gillam … I’d cut him

0 Punts 1st half, I was so nervous on our 1st punt and then it happened. I would NOT cut Jamie.

I agree w/ Romo Baker was trying to throw it away...

We are a good team and I think we are going to ne there at the end.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Baker was good until we needed him to be good BLAH BLAH BLAH

Go root for Pittsburgh and get off this board.

Ignore him super. This the same guy who got angry when posted bakers first 3 season stats compared to drew brees first 3 season stats. This guy told me to stop comparing baker to QBs from 30 years ago! Keep in mind brees was still playing lol. He tries to make himself out to be the football guru but the only problem is he is NOT. Lol

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
sorry guys - I thought for sure the Browns would win.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't think he's fumbled since the 2 in the Patriot game 2 years ago. At least I don't remember when else

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
New to the board...

Not hard to read the D when it looks the same for almost an entire half.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns is the Browns.

Seen this movie too many times to even get sad anymore.

Life is a constant series of disappointments that don’t make sense.

I wouldn’t even mind if we were bad, but the Browns exist outside reality.

Last edited by myka; 09/12/21 07:47 PM.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BADdog

Gillam … I’d cut him

This is just ridiculous.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

At least he has a great grasp on the obvious

All Pro
All Pro

That fumble was at a bad time. But did not effect the games outcome much. IMHO...That ridiculous prayer that Mahomes threw up for grabs, while Johnson was having tea looking into the stands for autographs, while Hill waited for the ball was the back breaker.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
B
Legend
Legend
B

That is the play that changed the game.....maybe we should cut him?

Tough loss.

I don't think we can blame Woods for a game against the Chiefs....thats stupid.

It looked to me that the gameplan was to play soft, keep things in front of us and make the Chiefs use clock. A solid plan IMO and it worked minus the play to Hill.

So if we are firing people, along with Woods we probably need to fire Chubb, Baker, John Johnson, Schwartz, Gillan, who else am I missing??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: BADdog

Gillam … I’d cut him

This is just ridiculous.

I agree

Joe Thomas #73
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Just read these replies and I don't get it. The defense played okay, but that incredible pass by Mahommes won the game. You only see lucky stuff like that once in a while, and well, it happened.

Our offense is going to be very hard to stop, and I believe the defense will get better.

The fumble hurt, but the defense stepped up and held them to a field goal.

The Hammer dropping the ball sealed the deal.

All in all, I am very proud of this team. They went into a place that is very hard to win in, and led almost the whole game against a team that is notorious for big comebacks.

IMO, this was a preview of the AFC championship game.

A win would have been sweet, but it is what it is. Time to move on.I don't see many teams that are going to beat us. Not as bummed as I usually am, and now I'm even more excited about the next game.

We went toe to toe with the best, that should mean something.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Another thing: the addition of Schwartz is a welcomed sight. Let’s hope he grows confidence and consistency

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: TooTall
New to the board...

Not hard to read the D when it looks the same for almost an entire half.

Welcome.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Look, I don't like the outcome any more than any Browns fan but we did play well and well enough to win. No one had us winning this game . KC is a Super Bowl caliber team and they have the best home field advantage in the league. We lost by 4 points in a game we could have won. The 2 fumbles really hurt especially the dropped punt attempt. Baker was trying to throw the ball away and was tripped from behind as he let it go or there wouldn't have been the INT. We are where everyone thought we'd be after 1 game and we played them tough. On to Houston

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Just read these replies and I don't get it. The defense played okay, but that incredible pass by Mahommes won the game. You only see lucky stuff like that once in a while, and well, it happened.

Our offense is going to be very hard to stop, and I believe the defense will get better.

The fumble hurt, but the defense stepped up and held them to a field goal.

The Hammer dropping the ball sealed the deal.

All in all, I am very proud of this team. They went into a place that is very hard to win in, and led almost the whole game against a team that is notorious for big comebacks.

IMO, this was a preview of the AFC championship game.

A win would have been sweet, but it is what it is. Time to move on.I don't see many teams that are going to beat us. Not as bummed as I usually am, and now I'm even more excited about the next game.

We went toe to toe with the best, that should mean something.

I agree with this. The Browns will be a huge threat this year.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kansas City played mistake free football. The Browns did not.

It is tough to beat Kansas City at home. The crowd was a factor.

The Baker sack on first down by Chris Jones was a big plat that led to the punt.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I believe our D will get better also. Today couldn't have been a tougher test. MG came through with a big play at the end when he had to.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I think some people are being way too hard on the Defense. I was expecting worse with all of the personnel turnover, but they really forced the Chiefs to work for their TDs with exception of the ridiculous play by Mahomes and Hill. The game came down to mistakes and the Browns just made a few big ones. Can't give the Chiefs easy points.

Loved this game, can't way for the next one!

B
1st String
1st String
B
I see a competitive team, that still can't win. I see the same old thing, a team that grabs defeat from the jaws of victory. If you can't beat the top teams, you can never be a champion.

The D played pretty awful, I'd fire Woods, immediately. It was also a big mistake to let Sheldon Richardson go, and I'm not sure bringing in Clowney will do much for this team either, I don't believe he's ever quite lived up to his draft status. I

The Browns played a good first half and fell apart in the second half. The Browns did beat themselves but it doesn't matter how they lost, they lost. Until they can win, nothing else matters too me and by win, I mean beat the top teams and win a Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Chiefs 33 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard