Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Happy bidding!

Cleveland Browns
@Browns
Think you can script an NFL game?

Coach Kevin Stefanski is offering the chance to help script 15 plays for one of our preseason games and even more immersive experiences — all for a great cause!

Details » http://brow.nz/057a6

Legend
Legend
I think we should chip in and call the 15 worst plays since 99 ... it might be a way to reverse the curse

For example: FB dive with a TE, RB draw on 4th and long, Helmet toss after the play, jet sweep shovel passes, etc

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
That's funny brah. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
So, Hue's red zone highlights reel. Great idea for the charitable minded.

Gods help us all if you score. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
my favorite so far is the chance to get eaten by a dinosaur in the new Jurassic World movie...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wonder if Eric Metcalf is available for a short contract, about 15 plays long...

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
naughtydevil

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
15 straight fullback sweeps

P
Legend
Legend
P
I find this more than a little odd. We have all new coordinators and a new HC. New schemes, new playbooks and new verbiage. It certainly appears that teams will be put under time constraints in working together in person due to the virus. This will have far more of a negative impact on teams with new coaching staffs such as the situation we are under than established teams with established staffs and systems.

So why use any of this time to deploy a publicity stunt that in no way helps the team focus on the actual task at hand?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I find this more than a little odd. We have all new coordinators and a new HC. New schemes, new playbooks and new verbiage. It certainly appears that teams will be put under time constraints in working together in person due to the virus. This will have far more of a negative impact on teams with new coaching staffs such as the situation we are under than established teams with established staffs and systems.

So why use any of this time to deploy a publicity stunt that in no way helps the team focus on the actual task at hand?

Could not agree more. Can't do a damn thing to help, all it can do is hurt. Dumb.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
J/c

I’m under the assumption that the fan will just be a part of the process (probably a VERY small part) and the coordinators/Stefanski will let the fan be more of an observer of the process

V
Legend
Legend
V
Can you imagine the outrage if they would have done this while Hue was the coach? People were freaking out because of the "stripe" thing and the fact that he didn't dive into Lake Erie when there was ice in it. LOL

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Can you imagine the outrage if they would have done this while Hue was the coach? People were freaking out because of the "stripe" thing and the fact that he didn't dive into Lake Erie when there was ice in it. LOL

I think how the team performs in 2020 will go a long way in how fans will perceive it. If we have an above .500 season I doubt anyone will pay any attention to it. If we take a nose dive there will be a lot of revisionist history and hindsight being 20/20 at play.

Stefanski is still in the honeymoon phase.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FYI, with roughly 5 days to go, the current bid is $25,000

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
I wonder how much they thought this would bring in?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Who cares .... just like with the helmet stripes with Hue ... this is a HUGE NOTHING ....

What there doing is very nice and won’t affect the team one iota ... some folks just need something to whine about or there not happy ... i mean sheesh ... this is seriously NADA in the grand scheme of things ... follow the bouncing ball folks ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just to clarify, I don't think this is a bad thing. I was just pointing out some hypocrisy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Jester
I wonder how much they thought this would bring in?

I don't know. I think it will end up at around $50k. I am following because I am interested but it almost assuredly will be too rich for my blood.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think that's pretty much the same thing you said when RAC was flipping a coin to see who the starting QB would be for a preseason game. How did that one work out for ya? wink

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
From the link:

Quote:
Stefanski, the first-year Browns head coach, is offering the opportunity for winners to help him and offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt script the first 15 plays of one of the Browns' preseason games.

Key word being "help", kind of like when you were a kid and your Mom let you make the fork marks in the peanut butter cookies after she made the dough, and then told your Dad that you "helped".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
From the link:

Quote:
Stefanski, the first-year Browns head coach, is offering the opportunity for winners to help him and offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt script the first 15 plays of one of the Browns' preseason games.

Key word being "help", kind of like when you were a kid and your Mom let you make the fork marks in the peanut butter cookies after she made the dough, and then told your Dad that you "helped".
haha yea thats kind of my thought too ... like “do you want to see how we script it and prepare ... do you want to see a run or pass first? Okay sit down.”

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Please tell me all this is a joke please?

LOL! We are still the Clowns I guess... superconfused

T
Legend
Legend
T
When I think about it. I still can't imagine Hue had no say in the players who ended up on his team.
poke

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How about a pass to Owen Marecic so he can
Drop it ?
Talk about a waste of a draft pick.
The homers defended him till no end

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Hopefully one of the plays is the annexation of puerto rico.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
brownie

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think that's pretty much the same thing you said when RAC was flipping a coin to see who the starting QB would be for a preseason game. How did that one work out for ya? wink

That team was destined for greatness til that ill fated move ... rolleyes

Legend
Legend
"Hometown Boy Makes Good!"

I can see it now! LOL!! Funny. rofl

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Owen Marecic. Played with the stiffness of an 80 year old man, could barely walk, run, or catch.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Owen Marecic. Played with the stiffness of an 80 year old man, could barely walk, run, or catch.
haha he was SO, SO bad

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
brownie

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
brownie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEY8lveBzyY

Legend
Legend
haha he was SO, SO bad

Oh I really hated that pick when it was made. A college FB/LB, who was slow ..... and who couldn't block. He was a lousy special teams player, as well. He was also incredibly slow as well. (4.9 40, or something like that) IIRC, we wasted a 4th round pick on him ..... but there were many people who assured anyone who would listen that he was a great pick. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yeah I remember being so dumbfounded as well. He didn’t have any redeeming qualities ... let alone for a 4th round pick. I’m willing to bet the FB we acquired from Denver is way better ... even if he’s not good lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! That is dreadful.... rofl

O
Legend
Legend
O
brownie

Honestly, he don't think he looked that bad in that cutup. I mean, he's super slow and a plodder, but he's a FB. His blocking didn't look terrible, and he was mostly chipping and releasing out for a dump-off. He didn't show much power when he was running the ball, though. I remember him playing WAY worse than that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
brownie

Honestly, he don't think he looked that bad in that cutup. I mean, he's super slow and a plodder, but he's a FB. His blocking didn't look terrible, and he was mostly chipping and releasing out for a dump-off. He didn't show much power when he was running the ball, though. I remember him playing WAY worse than that.
haha the sad thing is these were his HIGHlights ... the best of the best. He had 5 career catches, and 3 of them were in that Indy game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

That team was destined for greatness til that ill fated move ... rolleyes

I know you have enough common sense to know a lack of leadership when you see it. A HC flipping a coin to decide the starting QB was clearly a lack of leadership.

So who is destined for greatness now if we don't buckle down and work solely on installing the new systems on both sides of the ball, the new playbook and the new verbiage rather than a publicity stunt?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

If you (and two other guests) want to watch a Browns game with Bernie Kosar in a private suite and have Michael Symon cook you while you and Bern watch the game.....get bidding!

Current bid stands at $18k

https://www.fanatics.com/cleveland-brown...RID:i-r2c0:po-6

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

If you (and two other guests) want to watch a Browns game with Bernie Kosar in a private suite and have Michael Symon cook you while you and Bern watch the game.....get bidding!

Current bid stands at $18k

https://www.fanatics.com/cleveland-brown...RID:i-r2c0:po-6

Honestly, that would be pretty friggin awesome. Who wants to go in with me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns Offer Fans a Chance to Script 15 Plays

Link Copied to Clipboard