Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Do it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Meh, just stop reading her stuff.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh brother. rolleyes

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
So .... you're mad that she wrote exactly what Jarvis said, and then made a post clarifying his comments after he did? How dare she do such a thing!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
To be honest, I wish sports journalism was more like it used to be. More facts and actual topics concerning the X's and the O's. But alas it is not.

It's more the variety of exactly the kind of things MKC writes and reports. Shock, disruption and controversy sells and brings in clicks.

She is far more keeping with the times than doing something people should be shocked or upset by. I don't care for her style. But she isn't the one that changed sports journalism, and I use the word journalism loosely. She's simply adjusting to what's working.

Let's face it, if people weren't reading what she's writing, they wouldn't be upset about it.

I agree with Punch. If people don't like her writing, don't read her stuff. Throwing a tantrum about it only proves you're reading it. And in the end, that's all they're after.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
So .... you're mad that she wrote exactly what Jarvis said, and then made a post clarifying his comments after he did? How dare she do such a thing!

Maybe he's mad because she was so wrong about Greg Robinson being benched ... oh, wait.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

She took the quote out of context intentionally.

https://www.facebook.com/clevelandbrowns/videos/2453790334900000/

1) It was obvious he was talking about what we are going to do collectively for the rest of the year.

2) In no way shape or form was what he said a guarantee.

3) The damage was done after she originally made the post. Bill B. is already using it as bulletin board material.

Last edited by CleVeLaNd_sTrife; 10/25/19 03:38 PM.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Meh, just stop reading her stuff.

I don't read her stuff. The issue is when her stuff is picked up by mainstream media and becomes bulletin board material for opposing teams.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then fire the mainstream media?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Then fire the mainstream media?

Not a bad idea.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Petition? Get over yourselves.

Bulletin Board material?

Coach vs Coach, Quarterback vs Quarterback, were they really looking for bulletin board material?

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I would never sigh a petition to get anybody fired.

Bad Karma

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Bad Karma

God, these folks are disgusting.

Furthermore, I read a ton of Landry's quotes. I'm not sure how they can be misconstrued. Dude even mentioned how Baker wasn't like other 2nd year qbs and let's revisit the stats after the game or something similar. So, which game is he talking about?

The Browns talk too damn much.

I read two other articles this morning. One was Baker still whining about the refs and saying something like a team like ours doesn't get calls from the refs. He said he isn't the only one thinking it. He said something about stating the obvious wasn't complaining. He will probably get fined again. Then, there was OJB who said he always wanted to play w/Brady and the Patriots. Of course, Freddie had to make the comments about not saying who will start this Sunday and then say he never said anyone was being benched. Then, the news comes out that G. Robinson has been benched and he was the guy providing the information.

LOL..........I was really looking forward to this season even though I was trying to caution the Fantasy Island folks this off-season. But man, this team is hard to like.

They talk too much and have not performed well enough to earn the right to talk. Shut up and play football!!!

L
Legend
Legend
L

Bad Karma

Same here. I don't like her writing, and I don't like her style of reporting, but I wouldn't want to see her lose her job.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Bad Karma

God, these folks are disgusting.

Furthermore, I read a ton of Landry's quotes. I'm not sure how they can be misconstrued. Dude even mentioned how Baker wasn't like other 2nd year qbs and let's revisit the stats after the game or something similar. So, which game is he talking about?

The Browns talk too damn much.

I read two other articles this morning. One was Baker still whining about the refs and saying something like a team like ours doesn't get calls from the refs. He said he isn't the only one thinking it. He said something about stating the obvious wasn't complaining. He will probably get fined again. Then, there was OJB who said he always wanted to play w/Brady and the Patriots. Of course, Freddie had to make the comments about not saying who will start this Sunday and then say he never said anyone was being benched. Then, the news comes out that G. Robinson has been benched and he was the guy providing the information.

LOL..........I was really looking forward to this season even though I was trying to caution the Fantasy Island folks this off-season. But man, this team is hard to like.

They talk too much and have not performed well enough to earn the right to talk. Shut up and play football!!!

Damn, I really would like to "like" my own post like Super does, but I can't. But man...........I am soooooooooo sick of all the talking w/out results.

Check out the comments coming out of NE this week and contrast them to ours. Yo Baker and the Browns..............shut the hell up and win some damn games.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let the team and organization deal with her then.

Until this team lives up to expectations and handles their business like men I frankly dont care what they face week to week. Talk never affected me...

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 10/26/19 09:23 AM.
Legend
Legend
I think reporters should be held accountable for misleading BS like MKC writes, but this isn't the way to go about it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

All I can say is the group MKC and Labbe and any of the others are the weakest reporters I have heard.

I know the PD is a small paper and the market is small versus big market teams.

But damn the questions asked at pressers is embarrassing.

I don't know what credentials are required?

At least get some people that have understanding about the whole of the NFL and knowledge of the game.

Legend
Legend
Well ... your petition has been up for 5 days, and you are firing on all cylinders with 25 signatures ........

That outta make the PD stand up and take notice. wink

J
Legend
Legend
J
Hilarious.

Legend
Legend
Bring Back Roger Brown!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Bring Back Roger Brown!
haha i totally forgot about him!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Word is ........ wink

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Well ... your petition has been up for 5 days, and you are firing on all cylinders with 25 signatures ........

That outta make the PD stand up and take notice. wink

Obviously it was a serious thing.

And that's 36 signatures. Maybe I should add Tony? Think Baker will sign?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Maybe I should add Tony? Think Baker will sign?

It wouldn't surprise me. What's one more blunder at this point?

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Bring Back Roger Brown!

I'd love this. It would make this dumpster fire of a season more entertaining.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Petition To Fire Mary Kay Cabot

Link Copied to Clipboard