Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1855555 03/30/21 11:12 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/30/buyout-period-over-hue-jackson-opts-for-candor/

I'm sure you've all heard, and I know that I told myself I wouldn't post it up here because I'm tired of the Hue debates, but this article reveals a little extra wrinkle to the 'why now?' question of Hue's comments in the last couple days.

If he had said something prior to the completion of the 2020 season, he'd be at risk of losing the money the Browns are paying him as part of his buyout. As the article points out, usually the affected person has moved on and has no axe left to grind, but that apparently isn't the case here.

I didn't take the time to look into what he said and didn't say. Honestly, it's not worth the time. We're finally done paying him for 1-31 right when a rookie HC has turned around the offense and the team and led us to a playoff appearance and win (vs our most hated rivals, at that), with Sashi's protege leading the FO. The fact Hue is still out for blood (book deal or no) says more about Hue Jackson than anything else.

That said, and as I've said before, while the 1-31 record of the head coach does speak for itself, I do think he also got a bad break here. His allegation that they pulled a bait-switch regarding analytics vs football-guy doesn't really resonate because Sashi and Depo were already here when he was hired, but he inherited a roster that was already a mess and THEN the FO dropped it off a cliff. I do feel for Hue a tiny bit, but I am SO glad he's gone. The article even pointed out that Freddie was able to guide this team to more wins in 1 season than Hue did in 2.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Great Thread Title.

Hue Jackson, A Person In The Rear View Mirror For The Cleveland Browns

Hue Jackson has found his way into the media again. Jackson has more tales of his time in Cleveland, despite being in the rear view mirror of a team that has done a complete 360 since his tenure.

The Cleveland Browns are a few months removed from their first playoff win in a couple of decades and are on track to do even more in the near future. Somehow, former coach Hue Jackson continues to find his way into the mix with his stories from times when he was the head coach.

Jackson, who was 3-36 as the Browns head coach had a lot to say about the Browns and the organization as a whole.

"There is no doubt I was lied to by ownership and the executive team," Jackson said on his interview with ESPN 850 radio station.

“They were going to be football plus analytics, but they intentionally made it football versus analytics.”

Fair to say that Jackson didn’t like the idea of analytics as a whole. In a fair viewpoint analytics is taking over every sport just about, rightfully so for the most part. Deep analysis have a heavy favorite of being correct if the research is right.

Jackson is going to be releasing a book at some point that will revolve around his time in Cleveland. He has pointed that out any time he’s been given a platform, looking for a boost in sales potentially.

"I want to make sure everybody knows and understands exactly what went on in Cleveland,”Jackson said. "The truth needs to come out. I’m tired of being the brunt of jokes and memes and things that people say when they don't know.''

Jackson was not good before he came to Cleveland, the Raiders weren’t good his one season in Oakland. Dating back to when Jackson was the Browns’ head coach, he has never really been able to take accountability, instead someone else goes under the bus.

From the handling of the Deshone Kizer situation, Hue Jackson never really gave the kid a chance.

Jackson to this day wonders why Baker Mayfield isn’t very fond of him.

"To this day, I'll never understand it. I was part of the reason he was the No. 1 pick. I didn't spend a lot of time with Bake, we had a QB coach and coordinator.”

The Browns did indeed have assistants, but a head coach admitting he didn’t have much involvement in his quarterbacks rookie season is a tragedy in it’s own right.

Mayfield was the best quarterback on the roster, but Tyrod Taylor started for the Cleveland Browns. Jackson would have continued starting Taylor if it weren’t for the injury he suffered against the New York Jets.

Jackson handled the running back situation wrong in the same year. Carlos Hyde was the lead back for the Browns, despite Nick Chubb being the better player the moment he was drafted. Luckily, John Dorsey traded Carlos Hyde so it left Jackson no choice besides playing Chubb.

In his rookie season Chubb still had 996 yards, despite just the nine starts. Chubb showed enough in limited snaps through those first few games for the team to know he was the guy. Well, besides the head coach who still started Hyde.

Jackson says he was given a contract extension at a point in which he was 1-23 as the team’s head coach.

"I think we can all understand and think why it was not made public,'' jackson said. "Because it would've really set the tempo for what exactly was going on there.''

It’s possible Jackson was given an extension. Perhaps the Browns thought he would be better. In the end they fired him when he was 2-5-1 in 2018. One of the better moves the team has made over the last few years.

There is no telling what Jackson is exactly trying to achieve by his stories of the times in Cleveland. Some could be true, a lot of it comes off as a person that struggles with taking responsibility. In the end the Browns are in a much better place than they were with Hue Jackson and then Freddie Kitchens. Jackson knew he was working with a team in a rebuild, a team he did no favors for with his way of coaching. Leaving Jackson in the past is the best route to go, Cleveland is into much better days and that includes finally having their head coach.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He's having trouble swallowing the title of "All-Time Worst NFL Head Coach".

Own it, Huey!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I prefer to not go...

[Linked Image]
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Can't believe there are still some on here that try to take his side over Sashi.

A couple points:

1. How can he say he didn't realize analytics were going to be so prominent in the Browns organization? We only hired the guy who "Moneyball" was based on days before they hired him...

2. How can he say he was the "fall" guy? If anyone was the "fall" guy, it was Sashi, who got fired way before Hue. We actually gave Hue a 3rd chance!

3. He finally admits that the AJ McCarron deal was his idea, and Sashi botched it - thankfully. And he acts like it wasn't a totally asinine idea to trade a 2nd and 3rd for AJ...really?

4. He blames the drafts and says that most of those players aren't in the league anymore...Totally false - our drafts weren't amazing but they weren't horrible either. A lot of guys blossomed after they got away from Hue, like Ogbah and Nassib. He mismanaged a lot of things even when he got the amazing draft class of 2018.

Hue = a lying turd who never takes responsibility for anything - pretty much like Trump. The whole rebuilding plan was screwed as soon as Hue was hired; he didn't have the right personality or mindset for it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not about taking Hue's side over Sashi's. They both sucked.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Hue has always had a problem keeping his mouth shut. It’s most likely the reason he doesn’t have a job. How can you hire a guy who will throw players under the bus and leak everything? He is 100% qualified to be a position coach in the league, he’s just so unlikeable that no, besides Marvin Lewis, one wants to work with him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he knew what he was getting into, I think he wanted to be a head coach again so bad after his firing from the Raiders that he thought he could still win knowing the team was in tear down mode.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
as mentioned in the article, the big thing I remember was his insistence on playing Carlos Hyde over Nick Chubb so that Dorsey had to trade Hyde away. I am sure that was Sashi's fault also.

Did not realize he had little involvement with Baker. I really don't know if this is common for NFL head coaches or not but it stuns me for a team to invest in a QB as the first overall pick and have the HC do this. Especailly a HC who was heralded for his offensive mindset.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Dorsey hired Haley to cut Hue’s legs out from under him. The problem was that Haley was just as douchey as Hue.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Dorsey hired Haley to cut Hue’s legs out from under him. The problem was that Haley was just as douchey as Hue.

Really cfrs2353535??

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN

Did not realize he had little involvement with Baker. I really don't know if this is common for NFL head coaches or not but it stuns me for a team to invest in a QB as the first overall pick and have the HC do this. Especailly a HC who was heralded for his offensive mindset.

This.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Really cfrs2353535??

What’s a cfrs2353535?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

This.

"I never really interacted with Baker. We had an offensive coordinator and a QB coach."

vs.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hue was trash. god i wish this dude would just go away.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

This.

Just goes to show how important a coach is and could explain how some draft picks can become busts. A front office or coach can not like a player they either didn't draft or was "their player".

"I never really interacted with Baker. We had an offensive coordinator and a QB coach."

vs.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's not about taking Hue's side over Sashi's. They both sucked.

...and they both should have been shown the door before the season started....yet there were a few here that wanted to keep Hue and "see what he can do with better players". Good God, he had the worst record in NFL history and some still wanted to see more. Remember that? wink

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So he spent little time with his future franchise QB and started an aging Carlos Hyde over Nick Chubb until his GM forced him to start Chubb.... those two tidbits ALONE are reasons he failed as a HC...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If we had to go through all that crap to get Stefanski then it was worth it...

I didn't want Hue to be the HC that last season (at least I don't remember wanting him to).... once he started that third season I thought we'd be at least decent... we were garbage and he refused to play his best players...

he's garbage... he's won 20% of his games.... and blames the front office...

<><

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
How have we gone this far in this thread without using the AGENDA word?!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let’s try revisionist history.

He was terrible, and I doubt that he will ever get a head coaching job again.

Go away Hue, you only bring back bad memories.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Jackson is going to be releasing a book at some point that will revolve around his time in Cleveland.

What's the title going to be?

"1-31: One Win from Perfection"

"The Wrecking Ball: My Influence on Deshone Kizer's Psyche"

"Under the Bus with My Trusted Acquaintances"

"Support Line: The Dawgtalkers Three"

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Hue Jackson;

The Man, The Legend.

An Autobiography.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
yet there were a few here that wanted to keep Hue and "see what he can do with better players". Good God, he had the worst record in NFL history and some still wanted to see more. Remember that? wink

rofl

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'll admit. I was one of them. Given his results in Cinci, and the fact the Browns were/would've been a dumpster fire even without Hue during his time here, I thought he'd do better coming out the other side of a teardown and rebuild.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I did too.

He got some really bad breaks as a head coach here ..... but he also pulled the roof down on his own head. I think that he got beat up badly in his 1st 2 years here ..... and by year 3 he was paranoid and scared that every move he had to make could be his last.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Re: his year 3... and people did point it out above... but DAMN does it look bad starting Hyde and Tyrod Taylor over Chubb and Baker. It looked bad when each took their starting spots that season, but it looks horrific now (from a coaching decision standpoint).

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
Jackson is going to be releasing a book at some point that will revolve around his time in Cleveland.

What's the title going to be?

"1-31: One Win from Perfection"

"The Wrecking Ball: My Influence on Deshone Kizer's Psyche"

"Under the Bus with My Trusted Acquaintances"

"Support Line: The Dawgtalkers Three"

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Blight in August: The Hue Jackson Story

*****As told to William "Bud" Faulkner*****

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent
...and they both should have been shown the door before the season started....yet there were a few here that wanted to keep Hue and "see what he can do with better players". Good God, he had the worst record in NFL history and some still wanted to see more. Remember that? wink

Sure I do. Given talent he still couldn't do anything. I have no idea what your point was unless you're just relishing in the fact how badly the Browns sucked until we got Dorsey.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If I were relishing the fact, I'd put it in my sig for a couple years. smile

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P

You know, every time I start to seriously consider changing my sig someone like you comes along and makes me rethink that idea.

smile

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Why change it? If you're that passionate about something, don't try to hide it.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's just a lot of fun watching people get all worked up and comment on it here. I get a kick out of it. But please, do continue.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Go jump in a lake loser... The Hue Jackson Story.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Own it, Huey!

Hue had everything that a new NFL HC could ask for...
....Hue had the best owner in the NFL supporting him, right?
....Hue had the best GM, right?
....Hue had the best 'management/draft team' a HC could want, right?

Sure, Hue got the best of everything, right?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1855750 03/31/21 05:06 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Own it, Huey!

Hue had everything that a new NFL HC could ask for...
....Hue had the best owner in the NFL supporting him, right?
....Hue had the best GM, right?
....Hue had the best 'management/draft team' a HC could want, right?

Sure, Hue got the best of everything, right?

Mad paraphrasing skilz right there. rofl

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hubris fits that guy perfectly.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Swish #1855774 03/31/21 10:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Hue was trash. god i wish this dude would just go away.

Do what I did:
I made him go away. And it wasn't very hard, either. I'd already begun to forget him before he'd most probably cleaned out his office.

Let me be honest with you- the only time I ever think about Hue 'Bootyface' Jackson is when one of us Cyberdawgs brings him up in threads like these.

Won't be reading his book.
Won't be watching his interviews.
Won't be participating in threads like this very much.

You mentioned that Hue Jackson was trash. I disagree.
Hue Jackson is what trash refers to when it wants to feel superior to something else.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Huey in the News

Link Copied to Clipboard