Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Well, the other one was locked... so let us nerds continue HERE!

I dislike EA only on the terms that you buy a game, and have to buy more to get the most out of it. Too much DLC, too expensive...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I despise how Ultimate Teams became the focus of their sports games. Talk about a bunch of trash.

Legend
Legend
I hate how we went from a new system every 7-8 years to just a new "version" of the same on every 3-4.

And somehow they're more expensive.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Jump on with the Switch.

The new xbox thing looks silly.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Carrying this over from the other thread...

Originally Posted By: Squires
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I'm eyeing up Battlefront 2. Some of the trailers... yeah this one looking like a winner to me.

EA is behind it, so I'm still skeptical.

I think they learned their lesson from last time. I'm not sure if that was EA's idea to make a bare bones game with just multi player, or if it was Disney/Star Wars...

They thought they could basically do what Call of Duty does. Call of Duty can put almost no thought into their single player, because of their built up multi-player community.

EA took a game that was really good 10 years prior and tried to make it Call of Duty. Not so fast. I think this time around they will treat players to a full and fun single and multi player game.

I still miss the old ps2 Star Wars Battlefront games. Those were incredible and felt like you were watching the movies.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Man, those old PS2 Battelfront games... my friends and I would just play all night long.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Wow, just saw this gameplay trailer for the new AC game. November/December is going to be a hopping time. Battlefront, AC, God of War and many others.

However will I pick what game I want to pay retail price?????????

Legend
Legend
Aren't they all the same price?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
When first released, yes. But if you wait, you can snag them off eBay, Craigslist or other sources used for cheap(er).

O
Legend
Legend
O
I've got my eye on Anthem, even though Bioware really screwed the pooch on Mass Effect.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Wow, yet another game trailer I watched that I'm getting interested in. PS4 exclusive though:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow, yet another game trailer I watched that I'm getting interested in. PS4 exclusive though:=

I own both systems (no Switch though. I have WiiU instead, so I have played Zelda and Mario Kart), but Sony's exclusives have far surpassed Microsoft's.

IMO, of this generation, PS4 would be the system to get if you had to get one.

Bloodborne, Horizon, and Uncharted 4 are games hard to match up with.

I haven't played Nioh, the Last Guardian, Until Dawn and am not a big JRPG fan, so I dunno about that Persona 5 game, but I really don't think my xbox has games that match up to those.

I had fun with Sunset Overdrive. Halo whatever was fun and so was Gears Of War, but none are at the level of those three.

I love my xbox though. Xbox One S is a good system. And I prefer the batteries to all the charging I do with my PS4 controllers, but if I was going to choose between the two, I'd have to go PS4.

Right off the bat, Horizon is just at another level vs any other xbox exclusive. I prefer it over Zelda. Probably the best game of 2017 IMO. That right there makes PS4 the best value IMO.

The one thing i don't like with my ps4 is that i'm always having to replace the right trigger in my controller. That and I had this eject button problem where my games kept ejecting right in the middle of playing, but youtube got me straightened out on both those.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I'm actually needing to replace my right analog on one of my controllers too. For Battlefront, it's what you use to run, and constantly unless I'm pressing hard on it, will it fail. Is it hard?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm actually needing to replace my right analog on one of my controllers too. For Battlefront, it's what you use to run, and constantly unless I'm pressing hard on it, will it fail. Is it hard?

Right analog stick? I dunno. But they sell them on amazon.

I imagine, with youtube it can't be that hard. And what's the worst that can happen? You find yourself in over your head, buy a new controller.

And if it works? You have a wealth of knowledge that can replace many analogs.

I'm thinking about replacing mine actually. They seem to have like crud in them built up over time and they just don't feel right anymore. Sort of like the Nintendo 64 analogs sticks of old.

I can say that opening the cotroller isn't difficult. You just might need to get a real small screw driver set from Lowes or Home Depot for like 10$.

Here's a youtube video on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj53qv2dsck

Doesn't look that hard if you do it step by step on a cleared out table or something. Kind of neat too as you get to sort of see how the controller works. Definitely looks like less of a pain in the butt than replacing hte triggers, because it looks like it requires far less dexterity than what it takes replacing the triggers

EDIT: You figure, if the controller is already screwed, you buy a set of analogs for like 8$, and a small screw driver for 10$ (which remains handy with many diff electronics stuff). So worst comes to worst, you're out 20 bucks. And best comes to best, you can say you fixed it, tell your buddies that you fixed it, tell the board you fixed it, and feel like the man

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 08/04/17 03:25 AM.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thanks Petey!

I actually think my "thumb sticks" are fine, and I lied it's my left stick on the controller. Like for example on Battlefront, to run, you need to click it down then you'll run until you let go or stop. It'll stop running when you're wanting to still run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3v7CWNkZGg

I might try it. Like you said, what do I really have to lose? Haha! Again though, thanks. Never really considered repairing it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks Petey!

I actually think my "thumb sticks" are fine, and I lied it's my left stick on the controller. Like for example on Battlefront, to run, you need to click it down then you'll run until you let go or stop. It'll stop running when you're wanting to still run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3v7CWNkZGg

I might try it. Like you said, what do I really have to lose? Haha! Again though, thanks. Never really considered repairing it.

Interesting, but looks like it's DS3 controller, not 4 in that video. Maybe the fix will be teh same (unless you're talking about your DS3)

I've had to replace my right trigger in my DS4 controllers 2 or 3 times already, for each one (I have two).

I think I squeeze the trigger too hard or I rapid fire the thing too much. Probably a mixture of both. Either way, right triggers go for me all the time.

Otherwise, I treat my controllers well. It's amazing being an adult gamer, and then grabbing a controller of one of my friend's kids systems or something, and seeing how low quality it is.

Children will put a beating on anything

Legend
Legend
Dude I went through so many controllers when I was a teenrage gamer...

S
Legend
Legend
S
Finished Doom (amazing game!), and started up Saints Row 4. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. Definitely a lot crazier than the last 3. SR3 was a lot of fun though. Kinda wish they would port that to the ps4.

S
Legend
Legend
S
So I don't know a ton about PC gaming... I'm wondering if you guys could recommend a good laptop that I could possibly play a game or two on.

I love Cities Skylines and the occasional game of Civ... I don't do any other games on PC really. Is there a solid laptop that could handle playing that game?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I've got my eye on Anthem, even though Bioware really screwed the pooch on Mass Effect.

I can't trust EA at all anymore. Every single thing they make a decision on is based on how much they can bilk consumers. That's why just about everything they do focus on
is multiplayer or bundles. Battlefront was all multiplayer. EA Games focuses on those ultimate team modes because the card packs are straight income. Mass Effect 3's ending was a turd because all resources were put into making multiplayer work halfway through the project.

I thought ME Andromeda wasn't really as bad as people were making it out to be. They had a decent storyline with a lot of things left to be told in the plot. But they just completely pulled the plug on eveything execept multiplayer. Why? Because MP is the only thing that makes them good money at the moment. They don't seem to realize that making a good single player game is what builds and retains a fanbase. They would rather just go straight for their wallets instead.

Last edited by ExclDawg; 08/24/17 08:07 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They've got to make a living, too. I don't like it, but it's what works now. It's not just EA. Pretty much all the studios use the microtransaction and DLC models now.

Anybody plan on picking up Destiny 2?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have a Destiny 2 pre-order.

And yes, companies need to make money. They don't need to suck every last penny out of each game. The most recent Mass Effect is a great example.
They worked on that game for quite a while. It appears as though they have single-player DLC lined up. The game sold a bunch, but then just petered out. People would have eaten up single-player DLC and sequals... if the effort and performance was there. It wasn't, so people got mad.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
And yes, companies need to make money. They don't need to suck every last penny out of each game.

Exactly. People won't mind DLC and other micro-transactions if it comes with a decent game. Mass Effect 2 is a great example. The main story was amazing and gameplay terrific. They came out with a dozen or so DLC packages, and they were well received. People played the crap out of that game. The could probably still sell DLC for it ... wait, you didn't hear me say that EA.

Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda have the stench of EA all over it. It was pretty much confirmed that the emphasis of ME3 was switched about halfway through from single player to getting multiplayer launched. You could actually see the switch in the game. The first half of the game is incredible. The last half of the game is a craptastic rubber stamp job, trying to get the game out the door. The multiplayer is also terribly shoehorned into the game, and pretty much required to play if you want to get the max points in single player. So what a great way to get your fanbase excited for multiplayer! Force it onto your Single Player base!

Andromeda was more of the same. They spent a good deal of time on it, so the game itself wasn't too bad, but it was still a fraction of the game that previous versions were. Then when all of the updates and DLC were focused on Multiplayer, you could tell it was all they really cared about. The single player game had flaws, but it was something they could build on. Instead, they pushed the micro-transactions.

The problem is, you can't make money off a game people don't like. And EA doesn't seem to care. They take titles that people used to like, and rush out crap remakes in hopes that they can quickly cash in on more micro-transactions. Then when sales fall flat, they just blame the franchise and kill it.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
They've got to make a living, too. I don't like it, but it's what works now. It's not just EA. Pretty much all the studios use the microtransaction and DLC models now.

If they want to make money, then they should put out a quality game. Instead, they release a barebones game and still charge $60 for it.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gotta say, I just beat Assassin's Creed: Unity. Bought a game code for like 4$ or something (off Ebay), and I really enjoyed it. I don't spend the time I used to trying to do most of the missions, but for 4$, I just did the main story and had a lot of fun.

Highly recommended. Game takes place in France during the French Revolution. And not too much of the bring ya back to current day for the simulation stuff that I hate about Assassin's Creed (never understood the point of that. I play the game to play the assassin character, I don't need anything to do with the now in Assassin's Creed)

Next one up for me will be Battlefield 1. I tried playing online a bit, but was getting my butt kicked. Maybe 1-3 or 2-3 ratio. I'll play the single player missions I guess.

And Destiny 2 has been released. I've been hearing very good things

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Check out the trailers for the new AC game, looking good!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

And Destiny 2 has been released. I've been hearing very good things

So far, so good. Definitely looks great.

Only wish it hadn't been released at the same time as football season starting and my courses starting back up. Too many things competing for my attention.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I made the mistake of asking Gamestop to ship me my copy of Destiny 2. Sometimes, I just don't think. I should be picking up my copy tonight.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

So far, so good. Definitely looks great.

Only wish it hadn't been released at the same time as football season starting and my courses starting back up. Too many things competing for my attention.

I hear ya. I don't have as many distractions, but with my job I can only online game for a month at a time.

It's like I'm already too committed this month to play.

I made the mistake of asking Gamestop to ship me my copy of Destiny 2. Sometimes, I just don't think. I should be picking up my copy tonight.

My best buddy is picking up his tonight I think. He's sort of pushing me to get it.

I thought Destiny 1 was okay. I just wish there was some sort of story to get me attached to the game. We did play the missions together (best buddy and i) over the phone, and that was a lot of fun

Legend
Legend
I'm 96% to my first platinum with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. The rest are online, so they'll have to wait until November. I figure I'll join for the new WW2 COD game.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I'm 96% to my first platinum with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. The rest are online, so they'll have to wait until November. I figure I'll join for the new WW2 COD game.

Was that a good one?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Check out the trailers for the new AC game, looking good!

Just was looking. Could be pretty sweet. I like the setting a lot.

The thing that makes me nervous is that it's Ubisoft Montreal, who released Unity with a bunch of bugs and glitches (from what I heard).

Might be a little while and a couple patches later before you play the game.

Even still, I had a digital copy of Unity freeze on me at points in the game. Kinda ridiculous

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Yes, I'm actually not a mega fan of Ubisoft but they delayed their usual pushing of AC games left and right to focus strongly on a new one. I have high expectations.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes, I'm actually not a mega fan of Ubisoft but they delayed their usual pushing of AC games left and right to focus strongly on a new one. I have high expectations.

Sweet. I really liked Black Flag, and Unity was pretty good. I plan to beat Synchronicity in October (while I'm away on a boat at work).

I'll probably fit Origins in sometime next year unless I get a great Black Friday deal.

Lotta god games to play

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Beat Battlefield 1's campaign. And i'm just dabbling in their multiplayer. I just can't get into playing over the internet. Maybe because i have no friends to play with (i'm 32), but it's still not my thing.

I enjoyed the campaign, and only paid 15$ for the game, so I've got no complaints.

But I grabbed Mass Effect: Andromeda off Amazon for 20$. Game is wonderful. Parts of the gameplay are worse, but I love the new character, new world, new mission thing. IMO, this is the best game I've played since Horizon: Until Dawn (My favorite of the year over Zelda, hands down).

No complaints about Andromeda so far. And I've had to put at least 6 to 8 hours in

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
BF online is actually awesome. If you put yourself on a crappy team, just leave and find a different one!

O
Legend
Legend
O
ME: Andromeda was good. I enjoyed playing it, but it's just nowhere near as good as the previous games.

Part of me is pissed at Bioware/EA for putting the franchise in the toilet, and the other part is glad that they aren't going to string this out any longer. If that's the best you can do after however many years of development... well, best to just fold 'em up.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ME: Andromeda was good. I enjoyed playing it, but it's just nowhere near as good as the previous games.

Part of me is pissed at Bioware/EA for putting the franchise in the toilet, and the other part is glad that they aren't going to string this out any longer. If that's the best you can do after however many years of development... well, best to just fold 'em up.

Guess i'm gonna have to disagree. I'm loving this game. But i guess it's up my alley.

I see it as different than the other Mass Effects. And I'm enjoying it.

I hope they rethink things and decide to at least make another. A sequel, something.

Space is my favorite setting. Action RPGs are generally my favorite types of games. Game is made for me, no matter how it stands up to its predecessors.

I'm not gonna fault them because the game isn't as good as the original Mass Effect (my favorite). As long as i'm enjoying it, I'm happy.

Second best game I've played this far (for me). I think I like it more than Zelda. Hard to compete with Horizon though

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

How is that? I was super excited during the development, but never bought the game, and didn't hear a ton about it, other than it's a lot better than the Division (LOL).

I think I'm going to buy the PS+ when the new COD comes out. I should probably preorder that.

I'm not much of a preorder guy to begin with but I did go ahead and preorder Far Cry 5. seriously go on youtube and watch some of the gameplay. Looks amazing, set in rural Montana, where you are fighting cultists. I love all the FC games so I am in, plus I have a price guarantee with my preorder with amazon. I get the game for maxmium 46 bucks. Amazing. Plus it comes out in February where its freaking dark by the time I get home anyway...

I started playing Saints Row 4 with all the DLC, but kinda lost interest after a week. I love the series, but I hate the lack of a day/night cycle, and things just seem way too easy because of all the ridiculous powers you have. I hope with their next game they go back to the work they did with 2 and 3 which were stellar games.

I started playing the Metro 2033 remaster. I'm about 45 minutes in, not sure how I feel, but I grabbed it for 13 bucks. I have a stack of games that I'm dying to play, so ya better get my attention quick if I'm gonna stick around.

Also thinking about replaying RDR on ps3. I've been playing NCAA on my 3 anyway. Such an amazing game, I can't wait for the new RDR.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
My take on Wildlands is I hated it and should have bought Mass Effect (with poor reviews) instead. I've still yet to play it again since I quit awhile ago, but haven't sold it yet. If you have a friend or something, then I heard Wildlands is probably very fun and etc to play.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard