Next Thread
Print Thread
#1867358 06/12/21 09:59 AM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Here are the rules if you chose to accept them.

Pick 12 players from the rookie class. Zero to twelve players 0-12, that you think will do well, to assemble a group with the best careers for bragging rights.

At the end of the year, year 1, those 12 rookies, cut down to 7, you only can keep 7. amongst year 1 players. (That 7 can be of any position, they can be 7 Left tackles if you want, as long as they were originally rookies).(or 5 running backs and one quarterback, it doesn't matter during the offseason until the season starts.)

2. You can select any position player about to enter the NFL but if they have played one (regular season), game, it's too late they are no longer a rookie and are not available forever.

You will only ever add players to your team from the rookie class.

3. Once you cut a player He's gone forever but if you keep him past year one, on into year two (through infinity), you can keep him his whole career, (without cutting that group down to 7), or give his spot to a rookie.

4. And It doesn't matter who someone else choses every player entering the NFL is available, until they play a game, after they play a game you can not select them.

5. At the start of year 2, (or future years), in year 2 you will have 7 keepers, and up to 12 rookies, (that is 19), At the start of the season you have to cut down to 16 players total. No team will start a season with more than 16 in any year, no more than 12 in year one.

( If a team has 16 remaining players with 3 or more years, and selects 12 rookies in the offseason, that is 28, the most possible, but it will still have to cut down to 16 by the seasons start.)

6. At seasons end, after the super bowl, you have to cut your rookie group which has become the 1 year players group, to no more than 7, this before you add your next set of rookies.(But if you have all 2nd and 3rd year players you can keep all 16 and not add any rookies.)

The Roster, of no more than 16 during a season, and no more than keepers after cuts, plus the rookies, in an offseason can consist of any position group except

It must have at all season starts at least one of
1. Quarterback
1 Running back
1 Wide Receiver
1 Defensive player
1. Offensive Lineman. ... (Or an empty slot for those designations)
And Remaining players can be from any position.

Yet that does not mean the goal is to build the best at each position, No, rather it is to find players which will have the best and longest careers and multiples of those,( And Find them in their rookie year), that is the goal.
Example find the best 3 quarterbacks or find the Offensive lineman who has a hall of fame career, or the Kicker, punter, or the 4 best defensive players.

It will take a few years to see excellence so teams must announce how many years they have existed.

If you choose to accept them.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
THROW LONG #1868312 06/22/21 05:11 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
So players I thought about originally, a rough draft of who to assign to my team. Added some in and replaced took away, ones that were first thoughts but didn't make the cut. Did not make the cut.
Zach Wilson Qb, NY Jets from Byu
Tre Sermon Rb 49ers from Ohio state. did not join just an honorable mention.
Creed Humphrey, OL Chiefs, from Oklahoma original thought but not the way I wanted to go
others that did not make the list but receiving consideration from me,
Rashawn Slater OL LA Chargers from Northwestern
Pete Werner of the Saints, Lb Ohio state, not making the list.
Osa Idigh*hzuwa Cowboys DT not making my list.

--

My First official player, most confident selection, and the #7 slot on my list 2nd OL, the first player I'll officialy add to my 12 for this year.
Tevon Jenkins, Chicago Bears OT from Oklahoma st. #39 overall
I think I'll be able to hold onto him for a while he'll have a long career and be successful in the NFL for a long time and they'll stay committed.

The other OL on my 12, the 2nd official player I'll add to my list to complete the Offensive line rookies from this year for me, holding the #4 slot (and sometimes it's about going against the grain), so on that note.
Alex Leatherwood, OL, OT Las Vegas Raiders from Alabama. 17th overall pick

That's the end of my, Offensive linemen for 2021, good luck to them. ( I think I've got the best two wink )

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
THROW LONG #1880530 09/04/21 01:10 AM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Let me try my memory to the 12 I decided a couple months ago. Left the memory of Chargers OL, for Tevon Coleman of Chicago but he got a back injury, oh well, Hope he recovers. from, June:
Caleb Farley, Db Titans
Mack Jones, Qb, Patriots, this was my 2nd qb choice, my first was
Chicago Bears, Justin fields, Qb, really just guessing on these rookies.
( I had considered TE Kyle long, glad I didn't he looked awful in one preseason game, I was like Oh no)

Farley was my first Defensive player.
My only Rb was the Denver rookie,
Let me remember

1 Tevon Jenkins OL Chicago
2. Alex Leatherwood OL Raiders
3. Justin Fields Qb Bears
4. Jaylon Waddle Wr. Miami
5. Mack Jones Qb Patriots
6. Kyle Pitts, TE Atlanta Falcons
7. Tre Mckitty TE, Chargers
8, Elijah Moore Wr. NY Jets
9. Javonte Williams Rb Denver
10 Micah Parsons Lb Dallas,
11.Caleb Farley cb Tennesse
(Found the list)

My June Philosophy was to find another TE, Kyle Long and or Sam Ehlinger Qb, because in June I didn't think I'd want a Browns Linebacker. (That way I'd have 2 easy cuts, just keep the best TE of the 3.
Technically they haven't played a game yet so,
12. Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah. LB Browns
other 217 drafted players and udfa's from this first year team officially, gone.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming New Game

Link Copied to Clipboard