Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1075940 02/08/16 12:40 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm Happy for Peyton Manning and glad to see him go out on top. (Now he needs to retire and not pull a Favre)

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Happy to see TJ Ward get a ring after wanting to stay in Cleveland. Congrats to Jordan Norwood too.

Was rooting for the Panthers, but ah well.

Cam came off pretty lame in the postgame presser. Could have been handled much better.

Legend
Legend
11 winners of the past 12 years have been wearing white jerseys

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Defense wins championships.... Denvers pass rush was mighty today.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Legend
Legend
C
T.J. Ward was flying all over the place.

Legend
Legend
Denver had the fewest yards for a super bowl winner in history.

All Pro
All Pro
Wonder if Jeff hauerman will get a ring? Is he still on the Broncos roster?

[Linked Image from img.villagephotos.com]
Legend
Legend
This kind of got unnoticed, but Kony Ealy might have been better on defense than Von was tonight. Incredible performance by him.

Legend
Legend
Something I noticed tonight. The last 3 super bowl winners had probably the most talented and deep secondaries in the NFL.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, was totally against Denver, and Elway, yesterday. The Denver D showed up in a big way, so hats off to them.

Eli no longer has more rings than Peyton, and I am OK with that. Never cared for anyone who wouldn't play for the team who drafted/wanted-to-draft them.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
congrats warden!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Happy to see TJ Ward get a ring after wanting to stay in Cleveland. Congrats to Jordan Norwood too.

Was rooting for the Panthers, but ah well.

Cam came off pretty lame in the postgame presser. Could have been handled much better.

I honestly didn't think that there was any way for the Broncos to beat the Panthers.., But I was totally dead wrong

Contracts to Manning and TJ and Jordan. I'm happy for all three of them.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
I heard on Mike & Mike this morning that #1 ranked defense are 10-2 when they play in a SB. On the flip side of what that stat implies is that only 12 #1 ranked defenses have gotten to the SB in 50 years.

cfrs15 #1075974 02/08/16 08:56 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
T.J. Ward was flying all over the place.

We got Donte Whitner, tho!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Finally! We can now officially hire Peyton to do whatever he wants here.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: candyman92
11 winners of the past 12 years have been wearing white jerseys

Haha.

Actually, I thought this stat was interesting.... Denver only had 194 yards of total offense.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That had to be the most boring superbowl I have ever seen.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
1488 #1075984 02/08/16 09:12 AM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: 1488
Wonder if Jeff hauerman will get a ring? Is he still on the Broncos roster?

Yes, he is the first player to win a FBS championship and a Superbowl thumbsup

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Defense wins championships.... Denvers pass rush was mighty today.

Carolina's defense played just as good as Denver's.. Denver's offense just didn't make as many mistakes.

Denver scored 18 of it's points on 11 yards of offense

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Congrats to Derek Wolfe and to TJ Ward. Those two guys deserve their rings. cool

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1076008 02/08/16 09:51 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Eli Manning Shows No Emotion While Family Celebrates Broncos' Super Bowl 50 Win

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won his second Super Bowl title against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in what could have been his final NFL game, per NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.

The Broncos won 24-10 and put the nail in Carolina's coffin after a two-yard touchdown run by C.J. Anderson late in the fourth quarter. One person who seemed to be really excited by Anderson's game-clinching score was New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who happens to be Peyton's younger brother.

Check out his reaction, courtesy of Basketball Insiders' Alex Kennedy:

(Click Link Below for the Video)

That is either the face of a brother who is proud on the inside or someone who is disappointed that he doesn't have more rings than his older brother anymore. Either way, bragging rights belong to Peyton this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26148...linkId=21076790

This further cements my thoughts about Eli.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Congrats to the Broncos! I really wish our defense was that good. They looked outstanding.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

I disagree, I love great defenses and thought the game was very entertaining.

I was happy to see TJ Ward and Norwood have good games and to see Manning go out with a SB win.

Legend
Legend
Yep. Norwood setting the record for longest punt return in super bowl history was pretty cool.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1076038 02/08/16 10:26 AM
Legend
Legend
It was a great game to watch, very entertaining and I was totally surprised by the outcome. Loved it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg

I was happy to see TJ Ward and Norwood have good games and to see Manning go out with a SB win.

It must be me then. I just couldn't get in to this one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I enjoyed it a lot.

I think it's not always the game but how much you care about the teams. I didn't mind Carolina, but I always loved TJ Ward (hated seeing us lose him, I wasn't sold on Whitner when he replaced TJ, who knows. Whitner might bring more to the locker room, but on the field TJ is a far better player).

Also, I wanted to see Peyton win another superbowl and go out on top. I've always liked Peyton a lot (maybe because he always played Brady).

So it was nice seeing TJ and Norwood win their superbowl.

I'm too young to remember Elway vs Browns in the 80's, so it's hard for me to harbor much resentment toward them

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c... Like Spirit Bro stated already - Defense Wins Championships!

Glad to see that still holding true even though the Bozo's all wish us to believe that adage is dead and its all about the air game. (Bozo's are sports media)

10-2...the SB record for teams that play it and have the NFL #1 Defense.

Get that QB...protect him. Then Defense, Defense, Defense, RB, WR & TE can be had anywhere in the draft or FA.

But lets stay with continuity and get talent on the D!

jmho - if putting pressure on the QB wasn't justified with this and the AFC Championship game. Man we got to get one of those!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
I'm too young to remember Elway vs Browns in the 80's, so it's hard for me to harbor much resentment toward them

That might be it then. I still hold a grudge against horse face and his team, as that kick was wide right. Then horse face and his team go on to get blown out in such spectacular fashion in those two SBs. I couldn't really care less about carolina, unless we find a way to snag kuechly from their roster.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Manning should have announced his retirement. It's clear that arm and body are on the fritz.

As someone said, don't pull a Farve. Retire now and leave the game on the best note possible is what I'd say. I didn't think Denver's defense would ball out against Cam like they did. What a performance and it was great seeing a linebacker get MVp!

V
Legend
Legend
V
A few comments:

--I have been saying that the games are won up front, especially the deeper you go into the playoffs. Most teams who get that far have capable QBs, so it comes down to who dominates up front. Does anyone still want to debate that?

--Denver's D dominated Brady [who gets rid of it faster than any other qb] and Cam [who is more athletically gifted than any other qb] in consecutive games. Carolina's OL did a much better job than New England's did, but it wasn't enough because Cam needs a lot of time and a very clean pocket to throw from.

--I keep reading all the love TJ Ward is getting. He is still the same player. Can't cover worth a lick. That is why Denver had to put corners on Olson, but TJ is fast and flies around and can be effective in that role. But, he needs guys who can actually cover to be effective. He is extremely overrated. Oh, and I am not going to debate this. It's my only comment on TJ Ward in this thread. He's not worth the time.

--Cam's post-game interview was embarrassing. He wants so much attention when things are going well. "LOOK AT ME!" "LOOK AT ME!" "LOOK AT ME!" Yet, when he loses.........he pouts like a petulant child, cuts the interview short, and stomps off the stage. thumbsdown

--Denver's edge rushers [Ware and Miller] put so much pressure on the offense. They don't get sucked in. They maintain outside leverage, but they force the QB to step up, and Woolfe and that other DT get enough penetration to get corral the QB.

--I think Wade Phillips deserves a lot of credit.

--I think it was important for Manning to put his ego aside and let the "team" win the playoff games. Not many guys who have even close to the success that he has would be capable of that. Can you imagine Farve taking a back seat?

--Who is the FS for Denver? Stewart? Now that guy impressed me.

--Carolina's defense played very well, too. They just weren't as dominant as Denver's and Denver had a better game plan for that type of game. It was the only way they could win.

--CBS needs to find someone better than Carey [is that his name] to give opinions on replays. He's terrible. The guy on Fox is much better in both his evaluations and level of expertise on the rules.

--I have never listened to Lady GaGa before. Didn't like what I read about her, but man...........that was an impressive rendition of the National Anthem.

--Half time show sucked.

--Commercials were disappointing for the second or third year in a row. The only good ones were a few of the serious ones. I did laugh at the Dorito's one in the delivery room.

--I enjoyed the game. Gotta love tremendous defense. I really hope the Browns get a pass rusher or two in this offseason and not wasted the second pick on a mediocre qb.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I agree, straight down the list.

Arps #1076099 02/08/16 12:54 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Arps
I agree, straight down the list.

Me too. Lady GaGa sang really well, teared me up a bit even!

It was a great night to watch TV, I was glued to the set. Hard to believe the outcome, but Denver's D pulled it off. Fantastic game.

No more smug face for Cam Newton.... (...until next season! tongue )

Legend
Legend
No surprises for me. I was pulling for them all the way. Glad to see Denver win this one with their dominating defense. They've been doing it all year and when they did it to the Patriots I knew they would pull this off in the SB.

Congrats Denver.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Arps #1076120 02/08/16 01:19 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, Denver's defense went against Big Ben, Brady, and Cam in the playoffs.

That's amazing!!!!

Legend
Legend
Renewed my faith in pressure. Defense owned the win and carried PM. Cam seemed mentally out of it.

The pressure and quality of the Denver D just made me crazy comparing what we chose not to do last season. Just dominating. Hats off to the Broncos. Impressed we took them to overtime.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Eli Manning Shows No Emotion While Family Celebrates Broncos' Super Bowl 50 Win

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won his second Super Bowl title against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in what could have been his final NFL game, per NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.

The Broncos won 24-10 and put the nail in Carolina's coffin after a two-yard touchdown run by C.J. Anderson late in the fourth quarter. One person who seemed to be really excited by Anderson's game-clinching score was New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who happens to be Peyton's younger brother.

Check out his reaction, courtesy of Basketball Insiders' Alex Kennedy:

(Click Link Below for the Video)

That is either the face of a brother who is proud on the inside or someone who is disappointed that he doesn't have more rings than his older brother anymore. Either way, bragging rights belong to Peyton this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26148...linkId=21076790

This further cements my thoughts about Eli.

Eli is just awkward as hell. No idea why he is that way, but he is

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg

]
It was entertaining, you just had (or at least I did) this feeling that the whole game was going to swing on defensive plays, turnovers, etc... turns out it did and almost all of them went to the Broncos.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Hell I thought Seattle blowing Denver out was a good game to watch.

I was annoyed when everyone said Pats/Giants 2 was "boring" because "nothing happened"

Like, if the score isnt 35-42, some people just dont care apparently..

Go watch Arena Football.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
Did you see Cam Newton pouting in the post game press conference? What a cry baby

No Craps Given
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2015 Congrats Denver

Link Copied to Clipboard