Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1880725 09/05/21 11:56 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Well folks sense nobody wants to step up and put up a prediction thread why don't I?

I say we end our season at 14-3 and sweep the AFCN at 6-0 and we do so without breaking a sweat.

Mayfield has a 4K season while putting up 39 TD's and just 6 ints.

OBJ who breaks 1500 while scoring 10 TD's

Not to be outdone Chubb puts up a staggering 1600 and 14 TD's.

Cleveland becomes America's team.

Cleveland the city falls head over heals in love with their Browns all over again.

You can feel the excitement in the air the moment you enter the city.

Grown men cry when the Browns once again assumes their rightful place at the top of the football word.

20+ years of misery are erased and Cleveland finally gets their Lombardi.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't even have any idea how to react to your post. saywhat

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't even have any idea how to react to your post. saywhat

It's a Dream make it come out the way you want it too. If their was ever a time or a team this is it.

Cast off the old welcome in the new. Why NOT?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend

Although I love it all.

Offensively is about share the pie. Guys will have good numbers but nothing spectacular.

IMO Jarvis is being overlooked by many. Jarvis was coming off a bad hip injury last year.

He played before he was really ready to play. He gutted it out. Then he cracked a rib which is super painful.

Jarvis has healed up. He was able to work out not rehab.

Jarvis and Baker have always worked well together. Baker will find him often. He will have increased production.

DPJ will have more production and prove to be a guy who will make big plays.

Odell will work inside the offense and have a solid year.

Chubb will be Chubb.

The offense overall will produce bigger numbers than last year.
=====================================================

On defense is where the big jump will be made. More turnovers. More sacks. Overall they will go from 17th well into the top ten.

I do not think I have ever made a season prediction. First time for everything.

We will win the North. Go 5-1 in the division.

13-4. However, I do think we could win 14. Would not shock me.

Curb my enthusiasm. I can't. This is the best Browns team I have seen in my life. I will not shy away from that.

I truly feel that if I am ever going to feel that we will win the Bowl. It has to be this year.

Browns over the Packers.

C
Legend
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
13-4

Division title.

Lombardi hoisted.

3.7M at the parade. Baker can't get to the stage for speech. Improvises and walks across the tops of fans heads like Mick Dundee in the subway scene. Crowd is euphoric.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

Cleveland already IS America's team.

15-2 and Super Bowl Champs!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I feel we win the AFC North with a 12-5 record.
We win a home playoff game and lose in the AFC championship.
Mayfield throws for 3900 yds 33 TD and 10 int
Chubb has 1300 yds Hunt has 800 yds.
We have 3 receivers with at least 7 tds
Our D finishes in the top 10 in total defense.
MG has 17 sacks and Clowney adds 8 more.
We end the year with some one else other than McLaughlin kicking.
JMO though.

Last edited by Deepsouthdawg; 09/05/21 08:00 PM.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
L
Legend
Legend
L
If we stay healthy:

12-5, go to Super Bowl. Go 4-2 against the North, Chubb/Hunt go for 2,000 on the ground, Baker throws for 3,800 yards, 32 TD passes, eight picks. Myles gets 18 sacks, we’re top four on D in takeaways, Landry and DPJ top 1,000 receiving yards and Bake lifts the Lombardi.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Cleveland already IS America's team.

15-2 and Super Bowl Champs!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
ok one more...

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns 2021 season preview: An overhauled team has its engine revved for the road trip of a lifetime

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/09...m_medium=social

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The drive from Cleveland to Los Angeles is about 2,344 miles. It takes about 34 hours.

If you’re feeling nostalgic and want to take a slower route, you can still pick up parts of Route 66 starting somewhere in Chicago and go that way.

However you choose to go, it’s a long drive.

The Browns are hoping to make the trip this year and, if they do, their journey will have been longer than any red-eyed, coffee-fueled weekend drive out west: No championships since 1964. No Super Bowl appearances. Plenty of heartbreak.

Now, finally, here the Browns are, with as good a chance as they’ve had since the late 1980s to reach the promised land, and their destination is SoFi Stadium. It’s in Inglewood, Calif., to be exact, but it could be in the North Pole and Browns fans wouldn’t care if it means their team is playing a football game in February.

“We are excited that people are mentioning us the way they are,” Jimmy Haslam said as he and wife Dee held their annual owners media session in July. “But we are also realistic about how much work we have to do and how hard it is to win in the NFL.”

“I promise you, all 32 clubs talk about the Super Bowl,” said Browns coach Kevin Stefanski, the reigning NFL Coach of the Year. “It is really easy to talk about it; it is hard to do. We are just going to focus on the work.”

This is easily the most talented roster the Browns have had since they returned in 1999. It’s arguably the best roster they’ve ever had. In the salary-capped NFL, it might not never be better than it is now, with core players on cost-controlled contracts, allowing for big spending on luxury positions.

In other words, this isn’t Jed Clampett packing up the truck and driving to Beverly Hills. The Browns are driving a sports car.

How they got this car dates back to 2016, when Jimmy Haslam put Sashi Brown in charge and hired Paul DePodesta. Brown used his short time as general manager to rebuild the team’s credit, tearing it down to the studs. Draft assets were acquired and the Browns went 1-31 over two seasons. Brown was never quite able to pull the trigger on buying the right car.

So John Dorsey came in and bought the most supercharged car he could find, adding top-end talent across the board, including quarterback Baker Mayfield, running back Nick Chubb, cornerback Denzel Ward, receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and running back Kareem Hunt. His fingerprints are all over this roster.

Dorsey, however, couldn’t tab the right driver, so the keys were handed to GM Andrew Berry and Stefanski to tow the car out of a 6-10 ditch and get it back on the road. They did, Stefanski bringing smart coaching, organization and a culture while Berry did the fine-tuning, making some key repairs.

The road to LA isn’t easy. It’s littered with teams with high expectations and the best intentions who failed to get there -- derailed by injury, suffered from poor execution or just weren’t as good as thought. The car looked nice, but under the hood, things were a mess.

The Browns shouldn’t be plagued by the latter two. Stefanski has risen quickly into the ranks of the league’s best young coaches, and his connection with Mayfield is the reason the offense has room to grow beyond what it did a season ago.

Under the hood, this roster is as good as we think.

The offensive line is among the NFL’s best and the offensive weapons are dangerous. Chubb was signed to an extension, Beckham has come back strong from knee surgery and receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones appears to be on the verge of a breakout in his second NFL season.

The defense is much improved, with as many as nine new players who will see the field in the Sept. 12 opener at Kansas City. Among those, Berry brought in veterans John Johnson III at safety and Anthony Walker Jr. at linebacker to organize the back of the defense, and drafted cornerback Greg Newsome II to start opposite Ward and shore up a critical position. He also signed former All-Pro Jadeveon Clowney to join Myles Garrett as a top-tier pass rusher off the edge.

When Stefanski tosses Mayfield the keys, everything in the car has been built to suit him as he navigates this road.

There will certainly be challenges along the route. The Browns have formidable opponents to deal with, whether it’s Kansas City in Week 1 or two matchups with Baltimore. Both those teams are likely to be a factor in the playoffs, as will Buffalo.

There are up-and-comers, like the Chargers, whom the Browns play at the site of the Super Bowl, and Miami. There are stalwarts like Pittsburgh, looking to hang on at least one more year, or New England, which remade its offense and brings back a number of key defenders.

Somewhere along the way, there will be wrong turns -- an injury to a key player, a bad bounce or a flat performance by the team -- something that feels inevitable in what will be a 17-game regular season, the longest in NFL history.

“We have expectations just like everybody else,” said Garrett, a favorite for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. “Everybody goes into the season wanting to win every game they play. Everybody goes into the season wanting to win the championship. That is everybody’s expectation of themselves.

“What you do day by day from training camp to the last day of the regular season is what defines you. We are just going to work every day as if it is our last and let the chips fall where they may.”

“Honestly,” Berry said, “as long as our guys are working out with our staff, really focusing on what they can control and improving every day, I think we will look up and we will be in a really good spot. I think we have the right individuals in this locker room. I know that we have the right individuals on the sideline.

“All we are going to do is put our head down and work, and we will figure it out from there.”

Still, for the first time in more than 30 years, the Browns can point their car toward the Super Bowl and believe it can get them all the way there.

Just like any good road trip, you can’t rush it. You’ll reach the end point when it’s time.

Until then, keep your eyes on the road, don’t stray off the map and take some time to enjoy the ride.

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’m going to go with my usual sober route and undershoot all this hype. The odds are actually not in our favor but I think we still have a solid season and playoffs.

10-7 & lose in the division round.

Baker: 3200yds, 26td 18int, Chubb & Hunt combine for 2500yds. I predict we lose Clowney and Ward for large chunks of the season as well as either Chubb or Hunt and an OL starter.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I assume a few forgot the Browns have yet to try out their new toys on defense! I predict we have a few hiccups in the first four weeks. About week 6, barring any major injuries, I foresee this team starts to look as expected.

I am not buying into the hype Steelers are washed up. Ben's elbow wasn't 100% to take on a full season. I expect he is fully healed now.

I fully expect the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns to split wins. The team that loses to the Bengals will miss the playoffs. Bengals are better than many predict.

With that said, I think the Browns win 12 or 13 and win the AFCN.

Many NFL analysts will say the AFCN is weak but it will represent the AFC side in the Super Bowl!

This year Browns are back in the fight for the AFCN title. We get to see the real AFCN battles. Browns fans can become obnoxious again giving back to all who dished out over the years so don't hold back!!! GO BROWNS!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bugs
I assume a few forgot the Browns have yet to try out their new toys on defense! I predict we have a few hiccups in the first four weeks. About week 6, barring any major injuries, I foresee this team starts to look as expected.

I am not buying into the hype Steelers are washed up. Ben's elbow wasn't 100% to take on a full season. I expect he is fully healed now.

I fully expect the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns to split wins. The team that loses to the Bengals will miss the playoffs. Bengals are better than many predict.

With that said, I think the Browns win 12 or 13 and win the AFCN.

Many NFL analysts will say the AFCN is weak but it will represent the AFC side in the Super Bowl!

This year Browns are back in the fight for the AFCN title. We get to see the real AFCN battles. Browns fans can become obnoxious again giving back to all who dished out over the years so don't hold back!!! GO BROWNS!

Any division that sends 3 teams to the playoffs the year before cannot be called weak. Just ask the NFC East who was the victim last year.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E
1. I predict Bakerwill throw 5tds and we will win the game by running the ball in the 4th qtr can't wait for this win.
Jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Good Stuff, Man!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Chiefs 45
Browns 34

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Chiefs 45
Browns 34

This isn't a game day thread it's a season prediction thread. Just saying

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You didn't even mention Njoku. He is year older, more mature, more physically developed, he's a BEAST. He's not second string, JMHO, we could cut Hooper and keep other guys and not miss much.

Some predictions show us winning 12, 13, 14 games...scares me. You never know about injuries, covid, other problems...my hope and expectations are playoffs and then see what happens...GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
Browns 41
Chiefs 38

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

9-8 Record. Our 50/50 road games are very tough this year (at LAC, at MIN, at NE … not to mention at KC, at GB, at BAL, and at PIT)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
1st quarter - 3-1
2nd quarter - 2-2
3rd quarter - 3-1
last5 games - 3-2

Total - 11-6, earn 5th/6th seed for the playoffs.

We will split with 2 division foes and sweep 1. And if I have to pick a playoff outcome, I think we make the AFCC, but lose.

Last edited by dnadawg; 09/06/21 11:46 AM.

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend

I respect everyone right to their opinion.

But damn losing twice to the Steelers?

The Vikings have major issues?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: hitt
You didn't even mention Njoku. He is year older, more mature, more physically developed, he's a BEAST. He's not second string, JMHO, we could cut Hooper and keep other guys and not miss much.

Agreed (not so sure about the Hooper thought, though.)

If he can stay healthy, I expect very big numbers from Njoku this season. We'll need the beginnings of that in the first 7 or 8 games, imo.

When teams are forced to specifically game plan for him......well, we have a bunch of answers for that as well.

Here's to hoping.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I put it down to battered fan syndrome. willynilly

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I put it down to battered fan syndrome. willynilly

I think we sweep Pittsburgh and split with baltimore. Cinci is a sleeper, and I think at best we split with them

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Chiefs 45
Browns 34

Chiefs 34
Browns 45

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

9-8 Record. Our 50/50 road games are very tough this year (at LAC, at MIN, at NE … not to mention at KC, at GB, at BAL, and at PIT)

Ridiculous.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is what I think:

11-6 if we remain really healthy
10-7 if we remain reasonably healthy
8-9 if we are not

5-12 if we lose Baker early in the season. He is the glue.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
We surprise ourselves and really roll some teams. Lose to KC first game, but get revenge later in the playoffs. Learn from opener loss, win when it counts.

Go 12 and 5. Win AFC. Win SB with help and luck. All bets are off if we get injury prone. Berea injuries seem to be season-ending.

Might as well just win the whole dinged thang. brownie thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat crow. I personally think the Vikings, chargers, Patriots, etc are way tougher games than some others do

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Denver will be tough too. They always are for us.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Agree, EVERY NFL game is a crap shot. Might not be fact, but I remember Blanton Collier saying...On any give Sunday..referencing any team can win the game.....I truly believe that. Not many teams are non competitive- I think Texans will stink, but if any team thinks they've won the game before playing....watch out.

I think we'll make playoffs....hopefully. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"Pain" Clubber Lang

Seriously.. everyone has a right to their opinion but I honestly can't see how so called Browns fans can look at this rosters and say 8-9.. I wouldn't bother watching if that was my mindset

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We will win lots of games!!!

That is all......

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

I said 10-7 so I’m a lot closer to you than the 14-3 & 15-2 predictions. I also see tough games in many that other folks see as gimme’s . I think statistically speaking it’s much more likely we trend toward .500 than 1.0. I want to be wrong but if I were a betting man….

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
12-5 or 13-4.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
12-5

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend

I am not disputing your point.

There are no gimmies in the NFL. Plenty of great players and good coaching staffs.

However, talent and good coaching in the end rises to the top. That is just how it works out.

IMO in the AFC there are four teams who have a realistic shot at the Super Bowl. No mystery here.

KC, Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore.

There are some others that could rise up. But I am sticking with those four.

NFC will produce their team.

There are no guarantees. Way to many factors at play.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives DawgTalkers Archives Prediction Thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard