Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

ABC News/Ipsos released a new poll after the first week of impeachment hearings.

By Kendall Karson
November 18, 2019, 10:02 AM
6 min read
link

An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival, which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans, 51%, believe Trump’s actions were both wrong and he should be impeached and removed from office. But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

Click the link above for more information.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And zero republicans in office.

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cool. A poll with no demographics.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
As the House of Representatives begins drafting articles of impeachment against President Trump, two new national polls indicate a slight majority of Americans still oppose impeaching and removing the Republican president from office.

“American voters signal they are slightly more inclined not to impeach than to impeach," Quinnipiac University Polling Analyst Tim Malloy noted.

And the surveys – from Quinnipiac and Monmouth University – overall indicate little movement in the minds of Americans on impeachment and on Trump’s approval rating over the past month.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There are not many dems that don't want him removed. So we are arguing over how many GOPers want him gone... This is a good place to start the impeachment of the career conman criminal POTUS.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
There are not many dems that don't want him removed. So we are arguing over how many GOPers want him gone... This is a good place to start the impeachment of the career conman criminal POTUS.

You're forgetting all those people unaffiliated with a party who think both sides are so metaphorically inbred from constantly trying to screw each other that they're all a bunch of idiots, and they are most likely wasting every taxpayer's time and money with individual investigations for show when they are all a bunch of career conperson criminals (AKA politicians.) Sadly, the many variations of their long run cons don't require intelligence, but rather low cunning and the willingness and ability to become a narcissistic sociopath.

I suppose they need people to buy the cons as well. Presenting the sides of the overarching con as the only two options is a rather ingenuous way to sell the whole thing.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

You're forgetting all those people unaffiliated with a party who think both sides are so metaphorically inbred from constantly trying to screw each other that they're all a bunch of idiots, and they are most likely wasting every taxpayer's time and money with individual investigations for show when they are all a bunch of career conperson criminals (AKA politicians.)

That’s a cop out. We get the candidates we deserve. Want a change? Do something, Become involved, Stop playing the victim to all politicians and stop belly aching over all politicians. Become a civil servant. Help change it.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

You're forgetting all those people unaffiliated with a party who think both sides are so metaphorically inbred from constantly trying to screw each other that they're all a bunch of idiots, and they are most likely wasting every taxpayer's time and money with individual investigations for show when they are all a bunch of career conperson criminals (AKA politicians.)

That’s a cop out. We get the candidates we deserve. Want a change? Do something, Become involved, Stop playing the victim to all politicians and stop belly aching over all politicians. Become a civil servant. Help change it.

Sounds great. Would prefer to avoid death threats and being blackballed going forward, though.

I stick to doing work to improve things locally now.

In order to beat them, I'd have to become them. And they'd still have more resources than me, so becoming ruthless would likely be for naught.

In my little way by posting about and debating the jacked up current system, I try to get more people to see how the system isn't working. If more people weren't such mindless drones continuing to try to justify a hopelessly corrupted system, maybe we would see change. Sometimes the only way to change the system is from outside. Or to more passively try to change the sentiments surrounding it. Inside it, you are an easy target and get chewed up if you have a shred of decency.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac

ABC News/Ipsos released a new poll after the first week of impeachment hearings.

By Kendall Karson
6 min read
link

An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival, which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans, 51%, believe Trump’s actions were both wrong and he should be impeached and removed from office. But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

So 50% of the people surveyed aren't following it very closely but have still reached the conclusion that what Trump did was wrong.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
At this point in time we have to look at all of the evidence. We have the nastiest human being I've ever seen in the White House. He's a mockery of the office.

Much like yourself I'm not a member of either party and won't ever be. Things swing like a pendulum. I don't believe either party represents my views.

However, my battle at the moment is to bring some sense of stability and some small modicum of respect back to my country. That's been totally lost since Trump has entered the White House.

I understand you're not a Trump supporter. But as an individual I can only do my best to change things as they come along. And as of now, this is my focus.

It's easy for Republicans to sit around and say, "Well you just hate Trump!" When the fact is Trump is only a symptom of the infection that represents our country right now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: mac

By Kendall Karson
6 min read
link

So 50% of the people surveyed aren't following it very closely but have still reached the conclusion that what Trump did was wrong.

Why not? That's how most form opinions in the first place. They hear a friend or family member say something, read crap on FB, or hear some other scuttlebutt and form a half assed opinion on it. This is how a crook like Trump get's elected.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/12/19 12:20 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I don't know how many of these polls are truly representative of the people. I mean, I remember polls that said Hillary would win by a blow out margin.... You saw how that turned out.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Indeed. People are consistently presented with 2 misleading narratives and told they are supposed to choose one or the other. They don't look very closely. They read headlines and hear talking points. They accept words and ignore actions because they are too busy to pay attention. Both parties' platforms can sound nice enough if you ignore the means.

Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 70% of Americans say Trump’s actions tied to Ukraine were wrong: POLL

Link Copied to Clipboard