Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
McCarthy threatens to strip GOP members of committee assignments if they accept an offer from Pelosi to serve on 1/6 commission

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Wednesday issued a blanket threat during a meeting with freshmen members of his caucus that he would strip any Republican member of their committee assignments if they accept an offer from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve on the select committee to investigate the January 6 insurrection, according to two GOP sources with knowledge of the matter.

McCarthy's threat comes after the House voted to establish the committee. Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois were the only two Republican members to vote in favor of its formation. It's not yet clear whether Pelosi will appoint Republicans to the commission, but the threat from McCarthy underscores how he feels about any members accepting an offer from the Democrats to serve on the committee.

Pelosi made the move to establish the committee after Senate Republicans blocked the formation of a bipartisan commission to investigate the attack on the US Capitol.

Punchbowl News was first to report McCarthy's threat.

After Wednesday's vote, McCarthy refused to say if he will cooperate and offer up members to serve on the committee, telling CNN, "It seems pretty political to me." He did not respond when CNN asked if that meant he would not appoint anyone.

Under the House's resolution, Pelosi will appoint eight members to the commission and McCarthy has five slots he can fill "in consultation" with Pelosi -- meaning the House speaker could veto his selections.

Asked Tuesday if she would consider vetoing McCarthy's selections if they had voted to overturn President Joe Biden's electoral win, Pelosi said, "We'll see. We'll see who they nominate."

Cheney, the former No. 3 House Republican, on Wednesday wouldn't answer when asked if she had any conversations she may have had with Pelosi about serving on the select committee, telling CNN, "It's all up to the speaker." A source familiar with the matter said the Wyoming Republican hasn't spoken to Pelosi yet about serving on the committee.

"Our nation, and the families of the brave law enforcement officers who were injured defending us or died following the attack, deserve answers," Cheney said Wednesday. "I believe this select committee is our only remaining option."

Kinzinger said if asked to serve on the committee he would consider it.

"It's not necessarily anything I look forward to doing, but if I thought my voice was needed to get to the bottom of it, it would be something I would be open to," he told a local TV station Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/01/politics/...ents/index.html

There is zero shame left. When they decide to do a cover up, they now make intimidating and threatening politicians in their own party part of the public record and their supporters stand by and say nothing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Last edited by PitDAWG; 07/01/21 02:01 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
OMG. Cult of Trump is Strong.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/01/21 02:11 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Aside from the substantive issue that is being dealt with, I think what bothers me is the top-down dynamic where members are punished by a larger political machine for doing something that is not in that political machine’s best interest.

That is not how this government was intended to function. All representatives should vote with the forefront of what their district needs from them and the country as a whole. So what if there’s plurality?? That’s how our government was designed. Not “vote this way or else!”

That just totally irks me.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
But that's not how Cults operate.

O
Legend
Legend
O
We need to stop calling them Trumpians, a cult, and all those other fitting names and just start calling them OfDonald... He has them all wearing red capes and dresses now. So when one of them puts up an argument, whataboutism, or tries to roll their eyes at you, just remember what they are going through and who they have become... OfDonalds.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Blessed be the fruit.
Under his eye.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Have you seen the Q theory that McAfee owned either a condo in the building or the building... And that McAfee had evidence of government wrong doing and it was hidden under the building which is now gone.... And McAfee killed himself in prison....

Now my head hurts rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well if Trump goes away we will all starve don't ya know! That's right, crops need sunshine and the ignorant QOP thinks the sun rises and sets in Trump's ass.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
The thing I worry about most is those fools that follow a pastor like this guy... They are capable of inflicting great harm of folks... Just because they don't think or believe the same things. These are, IMO, really stupid people

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It’s not a church they attend. It’s an indoctrination center for the mentally unstable.
Truth be told every moment they spend in that man’s prescience gets them further from God.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
HOW DARE HE TALK ABOUT TOM HANKS LIKE THAT!!!!

That man is a treasure.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't believe the Pastor represents the GOP - there are lunatics everywhere. BUT ... what is troubling, instead of 1% or 2% of the "Right" thinking this is okay or believable - I think the pastor probably resonates with a much higher % of GOPers. And if you omit the simply bat chit crazy stuff - 30% believe the election was stolen. Despite no evidence. Despite 80+ court cases. Despite the Ninja's agenda driven partisan "audit" (that is not an audit). Despite Barr and Moscow Mitch and various Republicans who were in charge of state elections ... all saying Biden won fair and square. willynilly

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888
And if you omit the simply bat chit crazy stuff - 30% believe the election was stolen.

Correction... 30% Democrats.

Rasmussen Reports
@Rasmussen_Poll
·
Nov 20, 2020
Huge: "How likely is it that Democrats stole votes or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states to ensure that Biden would win?"

Democrats - 30% - 20% say Very Likely (VL)
Unaffiliated - 39% - 29% say VL
Republicans - 75% - 61% say VL
All Voters - 47% - 36% say VL

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We knew the crazies were among us before Trump. We just found out how many of them there were after Trump arrived.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
White supremacist group marches through Philadelphia before Fourth of July celebrations

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Police say scores of members of a group described by the Anti-Defamation League as white supremacist marched in Philadelphia over the weekend, clashing with pedestrians and setting off what were believed to be smoke bombs at one point.

The group of Patriot Front members, estimated at 150 to 200 people, marched for several blocks in Center City on Saturday evening wearing tan pants and black shirts with face coverings and carrying shields and flags. Police said they were chanting slogans such as "Reclaim America" and "The election was stolen."

Police said pedestrians "engaged members of the group verbally" and there were several physical encounters. Finally, someone from the group used what police believe were smoke bombs "to cover their retreat as they fled," police said.

Police said no one in the group was from Philadelphia. The group is based in Texas and traveled into the city.

Action News was the only crew on the scene as the group marched down the Ben Franklin Parkway, across Market, Chestnut and Walnut streets before arriving at Penn's Landing.

Police said pedestrians "engaged members of the group verbally" and there were several physical encounters.

Several onlookers began yelling at the group and banged on trucks as they loaded into their vehicles and drove off.

Police said some of the angry onlookers scared off the white supremacists.

"They started engaging with citizens of Philadelphia, who were none too happy about what they were saying. These males felt threatened, and, at one point, somebody in their crowd threw a type of smoke bomb to cover their retreat, and they literally ran away from the people of Philadelphia," said Philadelphia Police Officer Michael Crum.

Police later questioned the entire radical group after pulling their trucks over for safety reasons along Delaware Avenue.

Police didn't announce any arrests and said there were no reports of any damage or injuries during the march, which came on the eve of Jill Biden's visit to the city for Independence Day festivities.

The Anti-Defamation League calls the Texas-based group "a white supremacist group" that "espouses racism, anti-Semitism and intolerance under the guise of preserving the 'ethnic and cultural origins' of their European ancestors." It also says the group "participates in localized 'flash mobs' and torch marches/demonstrations."

https://6abc.com/patriot-front-philadelphia-protest-white-supremacist/10858983/

Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
fine people.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
fine people.

No. “Very fine people.”

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You slept through an overthrow of our government so I'm not surprised you sleep through everything else Trump supporters do.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Every time one of these neo-fascists calls me a 'libtard', an imaginary recording in a severely mentally handicapped voice plays the word in my head with an image of the nazi saying it. I'll never understand how pinheaded people think that slur hurts our feelings when it's actually a badge of honor. I mean you can't be more right or ethical than being a liberal today. Any idiot should be able to see that. thumbsup

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/06/21 02:05 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It is rather odd when your parents raise you as a Christian, they teach you to love your neighbor, be kind to others and that we should help those less fortunate and be thankful and care for all the blessings God has granted us.

Then when you get old enough to vote and support candidates that call for taking care of the planet, providing for the poor and helping the less fortunate we're not actually supposed to support those things and everyone who does is a filthy libtard. wink

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Mike Lindell Sets August Date for Bonkers Trump Reinstatement Theory: ‘Let’s Get These Communists Out!’

Continuing to tout the latest 2020 election conspiracy theory, MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has set a date for Donald Trump’s alleged return to office this summer.

“The morning of August 13, it will be the talk of the world, going, ‘Hurry up! Let’s get this election pulled down,” he told Brannon Howse of Worldview Weekend Broadcast Network. “Let’s right the right. Let’s get these communists out, you know that have taken over.”

According to media watchdog Patriot Takes, which flagged the clip on Twitter, Lindell also claimed, “there will be many down-ticket senators that will have different election results.”

“You’ll see when I say that, and they’ll say what’s going to happen to all the people that were involved. I don’t know, right now the biggest concern is getting this election pulled on,” Lindell added. “Donald Trump won. It’s pretty simple, ok?”

Lindell made the claim as a conspiracy theory claiming Trump will be reinstated this summer becomes more popular. The theory, also pushed by pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell, gained media attention once Lindell made the claim on Steve Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic.

“Donald Trump, I believe, will be back in by the end of August,” he said, adding that liberals like Rachel Maddow will admit that the election was stolen from the former president.

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/mi...communists-out/

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
What if they are right? I wonder how that would be fixed?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
What if they are right?

Who's right? The pillow guy?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There is no legal precedent or anything allowing a president to be "reinstated". It simply doesn't exist.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
What if they are right? I wonder how that would be fixed?

Um, there is NO WAY they can be right because the election is DONE and Joe Biden won. But feel free to believe whatever the hell you want to believe.

What if they are right and the world is flat?... smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/06/21 04:41 PM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I know. That is why I pose the question.

Not that I am a big believer it would or should, but just wonder what would happen if it did turn out the election was rigged? If not this election, then any election.

I will have to look around. I am sure that somewhere, sometime a candidate was elected when in fact the opponent won.

maybe not...shrug

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
You are right. Bush v Gore. Gore won, but bush went in... courts will settle it if it ever happens.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
You are right. Bush v Gore. Gore won, but bush went in... courts will settle it if it ever happens.

Bush Gore is a different deal. Several elections didn't follow popular vote, but that is a old topic that has played it's course.

No doubt the courts would become involved.

Anyway, that was more thinking out loud over trying to generate any serious discussion.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There are two things I think one must consider. The first being common sense. No court in the land, including the SCOTUS found any merit in terms of election fraud. Republican election officials confirmed their votes in some cases like Ga. and Arizona. Even Trump's hand picker AG, Barr stated there was nothing to show any wide spread voter fraud. Just looking at the crazy BS they've come up with alone makes no sense. There's nothing to actually base this on except Trump's screaming and some of his shills jumping on board for fear of losing their political careers and creating chaos.

I mean, what if cows could fly and we all have to start dodging cow dung? That's also a what if that makes no sense.

The first thing that comes to me mind as far the outcome of our elections is the presidential election of 1876 between Tilden and Hayes. From what I've seen there was pretty much a backroom deal to decide the victor. However I don't think there was a question of voter fraud involved.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
While you do have a point about presidents not winning with the majority of the vote, , most of them were elected when there were more than two major parties running for president. I will use the Wig party as an example. Most of the time when only two parties dominated politics, the majority of our citizens did vote for the winner. Yet now we've had presidents who received the minority of the vote elected only twenty years apart. Context means quite a bit.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
We knew the crazies were among us before Trump. We just found out how many of them there were after Trump arrived.

Trump made it acceptable to be a crazy out in the open....

Used to be that you had to keep that under wraps lest your neighbors would ignore you.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What you need to appreciate is that there is a difference between hypothesis and evidence.

We have a lot of people making a hypothesis, which is politically motivated speculation at best.

Evidence would be in the form of police/FBI/DOJ investigations and charges.

The only thing that comes up has been single case substitute voting, for a dead parent, generally by the Republicans. No real evidence of vote tally changing, ballot box stuffing or any of the other systemic activities that would change election results.

Hugo Chavez is still wondering how the hell did he get dragged into the discussion after being dead for 10 or so years.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/07/21 04:25 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well of course it was.....

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

O
Legend
Legend
O

lol, we are suing you b3CaUs3 you won't let us spread hate speech and tell lies to harm the country on social media... rolleyes

Sounds like a case his wackadoodle lawyers will absolutely win. thumbsdown

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans Have Turned Into Numéro Trois

Link Copied to Clipboard