Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump offers to 'vouch' for A$AP Rocky in call with Swedish PM

President Trump said Saturday that he has told the Swedish prime minister he is prepared to vouch for the bail of A$AP Rocky, the New York-based rapper currently behind bars in Sweden.

“Just had a very good call with @SwedishPM Stefan Lofven who assured me that American citizen A$AP Rocky will be treated fairly,” he tweeted. “Likewise, I assured him that A$AP was not a flight risk and offered to personally vouch for his bail, or an alternative.”

The platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated artist has been behind bars in Sweden while police investigate a fight in Stockholm this month in which he was allegedly involved. His attorney says he acted in self-defense.

Trump had initially tweeted about the case on Friday, when he said he had spoken to rapper Kanye West about A$AP's -- born Rakim Mayers -- incarceration. He said he would be calling Lofven about the case.

"So many people would like to see this quickly resolved!" he added.

Multiple celebrities, including Kim Kardashian, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, have pushed for Rocky's release. First lady Melania Trump said the administration is working with the State Department.

Kardashian thanked Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and senior Trump adviser Jared Kushner on Twitter Thursday for their "efforts to Free A$AP Rocky & his two friends."

But Lofven said Saturday that he was aware Trump “has a personal interest in the case” but added that he “cannot and will not attempt to influence prosecutors or courts.”

Lofven called Trump's desire for a conversation "certainly positive" and said: "I will explain that the Swedish judicial system is independent. In Sweden, everyone is equal before the law, and this includes visitors from other countries."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vouch-asap-rocky-sweden-jail

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hmmmmmm....

I would be careful if I were Sweden. He promised to pay the legal fees of anyone who assaulted protesters at his rallies. Yet when one actually did assault someone at one of his rallies, Trump didn't pay a dime.

So when it comes to Trump speaking about bail or legal issues, it's obvious to see he isn't trustworthy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He vouched for a black guy? Racist!!!

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Even he needs a CYA moment. And we all know his word isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Does anyone think this racist would vouch for a young, white, upcoming Elvis impersonator who found himself a captive of the Swedish hoards?

What was the name of that YAHTZEE Nobel winner? Nada Chance?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Swedish hoards?

rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

At the request of a white woman

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
A white woman? Kardashian, who was mentioned 2nd after Kanye West?

Because the way I read it, it seemed like Kanye talked to him, which made me think maybe the guy in Sweeden had reached out to Kanye, who then reached out to Trump.

I may be wrong.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Kamala Harris disses Trump for 'misuse of power' in rapper's case

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., slammed President Trump for his ongoing involvement in bringing home American rapper A$AP Rocky after being lobbied by Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, calling his actions a "misuse of power."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kamala-harris-trump-asap-rocky

P
Legend
Legend
P
Every once in a while they sound almost as stupid as Trump.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Not sure Trump even knows he's black, he probably did it for the '$' in his name.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Not sure Trump even knows he's black, he probably did it for the '$' in his name.

Trump is Black??? willynilly

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

he certainly meets the stereotype of one.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Orange is the new black LOL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
We don't claim him.
He's all yours. Just like he's always been.

The irony of your statement is super-rich, however.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

he certainly meets the stereotype of one.

Are you saying he walks across the street slowly?

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
We don't claim him.
He's all yours. Just like he's always been.

The irony of your statement is super-rich, however.

Hell I don't want him or 98 percent of all other politicians LOL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
So if you want the President to do a decent thing, we need to send the message through Kim Kardashian... and if we want congress to do a decent thing, we need to send the message through Jon Stewart... got it.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
So we get all this noise over a rapper - and knowing Sweden I am guessing they are going through due process and treating this guy humanly.... Yet when it came to Otto Warmbier .... Trump was not vocal and then made excuses for his inhumane treatment & his lack of due process. Can't make this schtick up.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/26/19 08:06 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Never heard of A$AP. Pretty sure most GOPers haven’t either. But trump speaks and they all jump in like the sheep they all are. Deplorable again and again.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: mgh888
So we get all this noise over a rapper - and knowing Sweden I am guessing they are going through due process and treating this guy humanly.... Yet when it came to Otto Warmbier .... Trump was not vocal and then made excuses for his inhumane treatment & his lack of due process. Can't make this schtick up.

Quoted for truth.

But then again, he's in love with Kim Jong-un. So there's that.

Quote:
Speaking at a rally on Saturday night in West Virginia, Trump revealed that he had “fell in love” with the very man Republicans labeled a “nut job” and a “lunatic” just a few years ago. “I was really being tough and so was he. And we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love, ok? No really. He wrote me beautiful letters. And they’re great letters. And then we fell in love.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-says-he-north-korea-s-kim-jong-un-fell-ncna915436

And people will still support this ass clown no matter what.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Loves Putin and Kim .... two dictators. Alienates the rest of our allies .... Hmmmm.

Anyone else hear Mueller (or the person asking the Q) state how many times Trump met with, emailed and talked to Putin during the campaign and after? It was an insane amount of contact.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/26/19 01:26 PM.

Legend
Legend

Think about it, why would a known racist vouch for a black kid.....Hmm Let me think,,,

Oh,, I got it, so someone like you would point it out as proof that he isn't a racist..... Genius

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Think about it, why would a known racist vouch for a black kid.....Hmm Let me think,,,

Oh,, I got it, so someone like you would point it out as proof that he isn't a racist..... Genius

Betting eric’s never heard of a$ap. Hell I bet trump never heard of him either.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ha, Sweden's response was a biatch slslap !!!! Clear??

M
Legend
Legend
M
“The rule of the law applies to everyone equally and is exercised by an independent judiciary,” Bildt tweeted. “That’s the way it is in the US, and that’s certainly the way it is in Sweden. Political interference in the process is distinctly off limits! Clear?”

I guess Sweden doesn't have a AG who is a puppet to simply pee all over their justice system! Trump can't relate!

Last edited by mgh888; 07/27/19 09:21 AM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Ha, Sweden's response was a biatch slslap !!!! Clear??

The telling thing about all this is Trump tried while you and Kamala cried.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
The crazy thing is that Trump is trying to help an American that happens to be black and the haters here are acting like he committed a HATE crime.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Understandable though. All they know is Hate.

Legend
Legend
Some of us are actually smart enough to know a cheap publicity stunt when we see it.

If smart = hate, so be it. It's not like your opinion of us has ever mattered in the first place.

thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Some of us are actually smart enough to know a cheap publicity stunt when we see it.

If smart = hate, so be it. It's not like your opinion of us has ever mattered in the first place.

thumbsup

This is not the first time Trump has come to bat for minorities.

Nearly 3,100 federal inmates will be released from prisons nationwide Friday under the first major milestone of the First Step Act.

Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen said the en masse release is possible because inmates’ sentences were lightened under the criminal justice reform legislation signed into law by President Trump last year.
https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/thousands-...stice-overhaul/

He has also created the lowest unemployment among minorities in our history.

So to suggest you are somehow "smart" when what you are is "blinded by Hate and TDS", doesn't pass the smell test. tsktsk

Legend
Legend
I applaud the reform bill. Overdue by decades. Good for him that he did it.

Quote:
He has also created/inherited the lowest unemployment among minorities in our history.

I give him credit for not mucking up a good thing that predates his presidency.

And after all your bluster and cheerleading, nothing has changed. A cheap publicity stunt is still a cheap publicity stunt.

M
Legend
Legend
M

He has also created the lowest unemployment among minorities in our history.

Still peddling that piece of alternative factoid making?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/...employment-rate

T
Legend
Legend
T
Love your enemies, Jesus said that.

Trump meets with Kim Jun ? and Putin, and doesn't retalitate against the Iran time of shooting down a US drone because it would kill about 150 people,

but all 3 of those international relations could be worse than they are today, and I read a headline today where the sanctions could bring Iran to the talking table,

imagine that, things going well, and somewhere along the line somebody silently pulled out of Iraq largely, I think.

" Pres Trump is black? " I like to think all pres, are the same race and judge them on their character,

if they were all black, then Obama's accomplishments would only be what he did, closing Guantanamo, getting weird on what countries are an ally,
putting more people than history on food stamps, Near negative economic growth, maybe 1.0percent, weaponizing the irs against conservative republicans, And the Atorney General against conservatives and who refused to go after folks in Philladelphia who attempted to stop voters.

Plus the stimulous package, the first time a trillion dollar spending bill gets out, and putting, letting congress put out bills that are 1500 pages+ and demand to pass before anyone can read them,
and forcing every person to buy health insurance or get a crimainal punishment
and forcing every person to buy health insurance or ge a criminal fine,

yeah, every president on the things they do, Not on the color of their skin or even how wild their beliefs.

The thing is, When Republicans are president, it's like people aren't attacking you.
If the democrats get elected they are going to attack every American under the name of "climate change" , among other things. You can bank it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You need to find some alternative news sources - except sources that don't pedal in such outrageous fairy tails.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Says the guy who uses the wacko Rachel Maddow and lying MSNBC as his source. rofl

Lets talk Collusion Rachel and Trumps Taxes you hold in your hand! rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Says the guy who uses the wacko Rachel Maddow and lying MSNBC as his source. rofl

MSNBC ? Because I posted a chart that showed Obama taking black unemployment from 12% to under 6% ... and on the dame chart Trump has taken the same line and it's gone from 6% to like 5% or just under???? And that chart happened to be on an MSNBC article?

Try harder. Those were factual sats recorded in the form of a chart ... the chart just happened to be on an MSNBC article (I didn't). Whether you read the article or not - the chart spoke for itself. Look at it another way - Your false claim about Trump doing more for the black employment numbers than anyone in history was dispelled in one chart by a crummy news outlet like MSNBC ! That's how bad your claim is. . . . . and FYI, I cut cable months and months ago.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/28/19 07:42 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

MSNBC and Maddow are 1,000,000 times more credible than Fox and Hannity. Don't even bother to respond with your useless lies and drivel, only a fool would believe otherwise.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

MSNBC and Maddow are 1,000,000 times more credible than Fox and Hannity. Don't even bother to respond with your useless lies and drivel, only a fool would believe otherwise.

July 2, 2019

Fox News Dominates Q2 Ratings, Hitting 70 Consecutive Quarters At No. 1

Mark Joyella

Fox News finished the second quarter of 2019 in precisely the place the network has been for the last 70 consecutive quarters: on top. According to ratings data compiled by Nielsen, Fox News had seven of the top ten cable news programs, and eight of the top ten among viewers 25-54, the demographic group most valued by national advertisers, with

FNC's Sean Hannity unrivaled as the most-watched host in cable news with an average audience of 3.151 million viewers.

In prime time, Fox drew an average audience of 2.387 million viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (1.674 million viewers) and CNN (761,000 viewers). In the key demo, Fox led with 373,000 viewers, followed by MSNBC (252,000) and CNN (188,000). Ratings in the second quarter overall were down from the same period a year ago, but Fox News was off the least, and CNN's losses were the largest.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella...1/#36c99f89e2d3

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump offers to 'vouch' for A$AP Rocky in call with Swedish PM

Link Copied to Clipboard