Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1763955 05/20/20 12:26 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Assuming they come out with a vaccine that is approved by the appropriate regulatory agencies...

Coronavirus Vaccine
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 05/20/20 12:25 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have never taken a flu shot and won't take this one, because I was born free in America where many young men and women have given their lives to give me freedom of choice thank you all smile

Last edited by PastorMarc; 05/20/20 01:45 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I have never taken a flu shot and won't take this one, because I was born free in America where many young men and women have given their lives to give me freedom of choice thank you all smile

That could be the same reason I eat pretzels today and not cookies (because I was born free in America where many young men and women have given their lives to give me freedom of choice thank you all). What's the medical reason why you won't get the vaccine? Are you concerned it will give you the virus, it won't be effective, it's a scam, will poison you or just afraid of vaccines in general? Me, I have an autoimmune issue, so I may have to get it.

Also, the flu shot has never been mandatory and I doubt this one will be either (although, I have been reading some social media posts where people claim that a Covid19 vaccine should be mandatory and those that refuse should be jailed. The left confuses me.).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I have to agree with punch here Pastor Marc.. saying I won't get it because you can't make me is sort of a juvenile response..

I mean, you are a smart guy so I can only assume that if you thought it was actually good for your health, you would do it... so there should be a health reason why you would not comply.

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My own thought is that there is a very high likelihood that I will get it. I'm probably not going to be the first to rush out and get it.. I do some international travel for work, I'm betting that a lot of other countries are going to require it before entering their country.

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’ll get it though likely not at first. It’d be nice to give it a few months of others getting it to see how effective it is or if there’s latent side effects. That said I may be ‘forced’ to take it as a frontline worker. I haven’t taken the flu shot each year. Which my employer looks down on. I have to sign a waiver stating I’m refusing it.
As a frontline worker the COVID vaccine will likely be free for me. I’d pay for it if I needed to though. This isn’t the flu.

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I checked undecided because even though I'm at risk because of my age and some chronic respiratory issues, I'm also somewhat concerned with how quickly a vaccine is apparently being developed and whether it will get the vetting it should normally get. I would have to trust people I don't usually trust (doctors, government, pharmaceutical companies). I suppose I might go ahead and get it if, after the initial rollout, it appears to work without dire side effects.

Legend
Legend
I also never get the flu shot, BUT I would stand in line, and pay for a vaccine for Covid.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
This is my one hangup. The speed at which they're probably going to get this vaccine out is both impressive and worrisome.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

God also gave us brains to make choices, good or bad. If you don't want to give your children the common vaccines against things like polio, measles, etc, it's on you when they die.

That isn't God bringing back one of the flock. That's a stupid choice.

If one can prevent a disease, I think God is all for it because I don't believe God created that. That stuff comes from Hell. The fallen angle lucifer has powers as well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
This is my one hangup. The speed at which they're probably going to get this vaccine out is both impressive and worrisome.

I lean more towards worrisome. It still needs to go through proper trials. You can't rush that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I took the Shingles vaccine, because I had Chicken Pox and my mother had Shingles. I saw what she went th rough and don't want it, even though it won't kill me.

I will take a Covid vaccine if offered, after a month or two of others getting it because I'm in the age range with prior conditions that this virus ravages and it might kill me.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If you kick the bucket I pray you do it better than this guy.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Why do people not get the flu shot?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I’ve opted out of it for years. I’ve been a nurse since 1997. I was 25 years old at the time. I’d have taken 23 inoculations against the flu since that time. All those have come in my healthiest years. I felt no need to get 23 vaccinations for something my body was young enough to fight off well. I’ve never gotten the flu in that entire time. As I get older I’ll likely be more apt to start taking it.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I never used to because I hardly ever got the flu but Jan. 2019 I got it so bad that I was down for 5 days so now I make sure to get one.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend

I have had the flu 4 times in my life. Three of the times were after my wife got a flu shot and came down with the flu, so three times she got shots in her life. All three times she and I came down with the flu. Only one other time in my life did I get the flu, so NO I don't get flu shots

C
Legend
Legend
C
Are you saying you think the shot gave you the flu or you believe in some sort of weird cosmic coincidence?

Legend
Legend
most likely I'll be required to get it at work....

I have no problem getting it if it's been throughly tested.

<><

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
At this time I have no intentions of getting a Covid vaccine. Most of it I think has to do with me being a minimalist when it comes to medicine. Unless a reason specific to me can be demonstrated, I'll typically decline. I've had 4 shingles out breaks over the last few years. Each time they automatically prescribed Vicodin. I didn't take a single one because while painful, it was still within my tolerance to deal with it. I didn't see the need to take something that potent for no other reason than it was available to me. I guess generally I bought in to that belief at some point that the more unnecessary medicine you take, it causes those diseases to mutate in to something more powerful?

Flu? I've only had it maybe 3 times... and each time was as very short bout with it. The last time was probably closer to 15 years now.

The only time I got the flu shot was when I was in the service. I didn't really have a choice at that time anyway. I think they snuck it in somewhere between the anthrax and small pox vaccines.

Things may change as I get older, so who knows.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I lean more towards worrisome. It still needs to go through proper trials. You can't rush that.

Well let's say we do get one by January. That would be exceptionally fast. Assuming it's good to go, would that mean we got lucky? Or would it lend credence to the criticism of the FDA that they force an unreasonably long time frame and testing protocol?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Considering all of the drugs that get recalled and manufacturers being sued for side effects, it appears the FDA is far more yes men for drug manufacturers than there to protect the American consumer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm always amazed at the laundry list of possible side effects in the disclaimer at the end of commercials for new prescription drugs. Things like lymphoma, hepatitis, rare brain infections, etc. I saw an ad on TV for a drug to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome that had such a long list of possible serious side effects it made me think I would rather just pack an extra pair of underwear if I had IBS.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Stop kissing animals on the head and you wont get the flu/cold.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

What.

E
Legend
Legend
E

What.

People snuggle and kiss their pets. Their coats are full of germs.

I used to get colds all the time. Then I stopped kissing my dog on the head and havent had a cold in years.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C

What.

I used to get colds all the time. Then I stopped kissing my dog on the head and havent had a cold in years.

This might be the craziest thing I’ve ever seen anyone post on here.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess you dont have pets.

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T

What.

This might be the craziest thing I’ve ever seen anyone post on here.

Ya. rolleyes thumbsup ... ... There's no way this is the craziest thing ever posted on here. rofl

T
Legend
Legend
T
To the original posters question.

Let's suppose I get contact with the virus, and become contagious, then get the vaccine,
then appear to recover from symptoms and treat the world as though I'm no longer contagious,

then put anyone around at more risk of exposure as, can we be sure a vaccine would stop someone innoculated from being contagious.

All we hear is this is a very transimissable thing, I don't think we hear an agreed upon time frame a person is conatagious,

Personally I've felt contagious to others since about, well when I learned of this in March, felt a bunch of us had it in December, and since I started taking temperatures have gone in and out of fever without many other symptoms. Such that.

If someone is contagious for months, and even possibly after vaccinated,
if everybody starts playing twister after inoculation day it could be bad.
(What! I was going to say "ookie mouth" rofl)

C
Legend
Legend
C
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1645824/our-dogs#Post1645824

How many people are petting your dog besides you? If they are petting your dog are they, before petting your dog, licking their hands and/or picking their nose?

The cold and flu are transmitted through droplets. A person would have to have the cold/flu, pet your dog with dirty hands, transmit enough droplets to get you sick, and then you would have to kiss the dog on the exact spot the person petted.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Go kiss your dog and tell me if you dont get sick. Viruses
have many vectors.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
have many vectors.

Considering no one else has pet my dog in more than two months I think I’ll be safe.

(I can’t believe this is a real thing a real person believes.)

E
Legend
Legend
E
have many vectors.

Considering no one else has pet my dog in more than two months I think I’ll be safe.

Does your dog play in your yard? Does it roll around in the grass and the dirt? Does it lick things and then lick itself?

I can believe someone on here somehow thinks their dog's fur is sterile.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
have many vectors.

Does your dog play in your yard? Does it roll around in the grass and the dirt? Does it lick things and then lick itself?

The cold and/or flu is not in my backyard.

E
Legend
Legend
E
have many vectors.

Kiss your dog and report back to us please. Then report to the Dr's office. lol

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
have many vectors.

I literally kiss my dog on his head between his eyes everyday.

J
Legend
Legend
J
have many vectors.

I literally kiss my dog on his head between his eyes everyday.

Me too. And I haven’t had even a cold in almost 3 years. That’s with traveling and flying a lot also. I guess by that logic, I need to kiss them more.....

E
Legend
Legend
E
Maybe I just have filthy dogs then. lol

I haven't been sick since I stopped kissing them.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Wow ...currently 3 people would choose to kill the other 34 who responded. Deplorable.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Coronavirus Vaccine

Link Copied to Clipboard