Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I was going to post this yesterday, before Myles Garrett was today reported positive with Covid, either way wasn't going to have it open until after the game vs. Eagles for almost 2 weeks.

Poll 1,
single choice
It's OK if the Browns finish 10-6 with no playoffs because it means a winning record and better than previous years. (69%, 11 Votes)
It's NOT OK if the Browns finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs because if they get close they need to get in, and more, No more waiting. (31%, 5 Votes)
Total Votes: 16
Voting on this poll ends: 12/08/20 02:00 PM

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
10-6 is no guarantee as there are a plethora of good AFC teams this year.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
10-6 is better than I allowed myself to dream going into the season. While it would be nice to be in the playoffs, this isn’t a playoff caliber team. We need too much help on the D to be a real threat. 10-6 teaches the team to win. Something this team hasn’t learned in 20+ seasons. Another year in the same system, solid coaching, some draft help, some FA help, some injured players (Delpit, Greedy) return... next year I’ll be disappointed if we don’t go 10-6 or make the playoffs.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't want to lose out, but I am satisfied with the progress this year regardless of rather we make the playoffs or not. We are now heading the right direction with a good FO and Coaching staff. I'm not overly impressed by our DC, but I think he should get at minimum another year. I happy with our core players and most of the starters. We have some work on D, but I would be good on O if we kept them all. Year 2 in the system will be much better IMHO.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/24/20 05:42 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think it's easy to give our DC a pass for at least a year. Dude didn't get much help via the offseason, and has lost one of his starting CBs for the entire year (plus the injury list hitting his side extra). I think it's encouraging that, for how bad we are on that side, we seem to have a knack for taking the ball away.

As for the season as a whole, they've already exceeded my expectations. The only way I'd feel really disappointed is if we went into a meltdown to end the season, and/or we're still not able to put together a competitive game vs our division.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I picked the "It's ok" option.

Honestly, at this point if we go 10-6 it's probably because we didn't beat a good team all year. Colt's are ok but we will almost definitely have lost to the Steelers and Ravens twice and feasted on a bunch of sub .500 teams.

Certainly progress from past years but doesn't really mean we have "arrived" as a contender.

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Well I voted for it's not ok.

The broadcasters, are already mentioning, the 19 years longest streak of not making the playoffs, if the Browns don't get in this year,

Who knows how many years it may be until they do, another 19?

Last 3 times they've had a winning record they tore the roster apart in the off season.
luv ya organization. bleh!

fact: anybody 10 so far, that voted for the top option, I just can't right now.

I just can't see how you're a BROWNS fan, and voted for it's ok, the first time you've had a realistic chance since 2014

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I picked the "It's ok" option.

Honestly, at this point if we go 10-6 it's probably because we didn't beat a good team all year. Colt's are ok but we will almost definitely have lost to the Steelers and Ravens twice and feasted on a bunch of sub .500 teams.

Certainly progress from past years but doesn't really mean we have "arrived" as a contender.

But just like we talk about Tiers of QBs.. there's tiers of Teams. We can't expect to join that top tier until we can handle the one below it.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Are You OK, if 10-6 but no playoffs?

Link Copied to Clipboard