DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:12 PM
So, with manziel most likely getting cut or traded, Mack probably leaving, and Thomas not sure if he wants to remain in cleveland, would you be willing to trade for RG3?

if he was to be made available for trade, would you want the HC to grab him, and then use the 2nd pick on bosa if he's there? or would you trade for RG3, and still take a QB with the 1st round pick just in case? or not at all?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:13 PM
I wouldn't want RG. At all. JMO.
Posted By: FargoFan Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:28 PM
No Thanks.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:30 PM
i would.

why not?
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:30 PM
theres a few QB's i can think of that i would trade for.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:32 PM
I might call for the firing of whoever would trade for RG3.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:33 PM
why
Posted By: Arps Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:33 PM
Too fragile, ill pass
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:33 PM
He can't stand in the pocket and throw and he is a running QB who's knees are shot.

Absolutely freakin no!
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:34 PM
he sat pretty much the entire year.

he's most likely healthy.
Posted By: Arps Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:36 PM
Reconsidering...I guess it would depend on what the cost is.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:37 PM
he should be able to come cheap.

i'd say a 2nd or two 3rd's is fair.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:38 PM
I'd trade Bowe for him, maybe Manziel but they would have to throw in a kicking tee or something.
Posted By: Arps Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:38 PM
Me personally...I wouldnt go higher than a 4th for him. A second is too much IMO.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:39 PM
No, not with his contract ($16.2 million in 2016 according to rotoworld). I'd rather see that money go to extending our own core players and quality free agents. If/when he gets cut I'd be interested though. He's too talented not to be, IMO.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:41 PM
i know the skins are gonna look to trade him first, but what do you think the chances are they cut him if a trade doesnt fall through this offseason?
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:41 PM
Why trade for a guy that is going to be cut to begin with?
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:42 PM
His chances of being cut are between 100% and 100% give or take 0%.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
why
v

Attitude
Injury prone
Would not want to be in CLE
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:43 PM
dunno if snyder would allow him to be cut. you never know bro
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:44 PM
did he say he didn't want to be in cleveland?

he might wanna go somewhere he has a chance to be the guy again. that could be anywhere.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:47 PM

he might wanna go somewhere he has a chance to be the guy again. that could be anywhere.

I am speculating he would not want to become embroiled in this mess, especially if Manziel remains

Another reason would dollars with huge risk
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

I am speculating he would not want to become embroiled in this mess, especially if Manziel remains

Another reason would dollars with huge risk

the mess is gone...
Posted By: Arps Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:51 PM
We've been a mess pretty much since the return...
Posted By: TrashBagPorter Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:51 PM
Analytics say no way, no how.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:52 PM
that depends on who the HC and GM is.

also, most likely, manziel is out. if he's not, i doubt we will be trading for any QB anyway.

plus, he's use to messes. he created one in DC, maybe he learned from it.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: TrashBagPorter
Analytics say no way, no how.

analytics says he's won more games than any of our last three to 5 QB's combined.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:59 PM
i know the skins are gonna look to trade him first, but what do you think the chances are they cut him if a trade doesnt fall through this offseason?

I'm sure they will look to trade him but I doubt they find any takers unless he is willing to renegotiate that contract. And even non-guaranteed salaries have some risk to them. For example, if he were to get injured in off-season workouts, the new team would be on the hook for the full amount.

It's very likely that Washington will release him this coming off-season. They have their QB.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 07:59 PM
Analytics also say he's been injured too many times, has an ego problem, team mates don't seem to care for him, and he's a scrambler that will get him hurt again.

Does Manziel's history here translate well? That's exactly what Manziel was. Of course, just my opinion.
Posted By: BpG Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:01 PM
I'd court him in free agency but pass on giving anything for him.
Posted By: Swish Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:02 PM
couldn't we also renegotiate a new contract with him?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:03 PM

If we trade for him, I don't think so. I'm not an expert on that though. If he's cut from the skins, then yeah.
Posted By: GoneWithTheDawgs Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:05 PM
Refs would ban me for what I would say.

Free agency, maybe if the price is right.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:09 PM

Sure, but I doubt any QB is going to go out of their way to make it easier to get traded to the Browns. If he did though, how much do you give up to get him? I don't know. It's hard to put a value on it because he is an incredibly talented player, and he did have a pretty remarkable rookie year-- one of the best in league history. In the years since he has had some attitude and injury issues, he doesn't have the same speed that he used to, and he's been exposed as not being a great passer.

A late round pick and a reasonable salary with minimal guarantees perhaps? Maybe that is too optimistic to expect to get him for that price. From my point of view a lot of it has to do with how much of what came out of Washington is true in regards to the work ethic and attitude issues.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I'd trade Bowe for him, maybe Manziel but they would have to throw in a kicking tee or something.

lol!! It's that little bit extra that counts!

Someone said a few times here (I think Vers?) RG3 can't read defenses. If that is true, me no want.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:13 PM

+

+

=

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:17 PM
he should be able to come cheap.

i'd say a 2nd or two 3rd's is fair.

Neither of those costs are cheap.

I agree with BpG. Court him in FA. Don't give anything up for him.

But I'd only want to sign him if we keep the QB whisperer, O'Connell. Otherwise, I think we should draft someone (likely Goff), commit to him (oh the horror!) and see it through with some new blood.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:31 PM
I was actually thinking about RG3 as well but I was under the assumption it would be through FA. No way I give up precious picks during a regime change, and no way would I pay him big $$$. My interest is only due to the idea that him sitting was probably the best thing for him physically and mentally. He could be primed for a major comeback, but that's a long shot.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:37 PM
he sat pretty much the entire year.

he's most likely healthy.

It's more likely he's healthier, but still with the same problems. I'd take a pass. JFF has probably written himself a ticket out of town, as he's unreliable. We're going to have to get a rookie QB. We will need a vet to fill in until the rook is ready, as there isn't a NFL rook QB out there.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:37 PM
Yep, RG3 might be cut this year. No reason to spend anything just to bring him in for a look-see. I would have no issue with a conditional 5th-7th if absolutely necessary, but I really don't like him as a QB.

I also think the QBs in this draft are more or less garbage, so McCown might be our best bet since it's looking like JFF will be shipped. McCown probably has two good years left in the tank and that would be a good bridge for this rebuild.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 08:50 PM
QB's I would look at before RG3...

Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins
Norm from Cheers
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:00 PM

Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins
Norm from Cheers

Posted By: Arps Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:02 PM
wooooaaaaah BUNDY!!!!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:11 PM
No
Posted By: eotab Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:14 PM
All depends on the analytics.

Depends if he was humbled and our new guys WANT him wish we had him in 2012 and with our OL so that he would be a better pocket passer instead of getting killed in Washington. But that is the past.

Trade...not much though his value has diminished a lot...could be spoiled goods now.

jmho
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:17 PM
No way, not ever.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:32 PM
I would rather have RG Knees than Johnny Manziel as our backup QB to whoever we draft #2 in next draft.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:35 PM
We have plenty of backup QB's in Connor Shaw & Austin Davis, and we still have McCown..... we need a starting QB.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 09:49 PM
I'd take him if they shipped us some draft picks too and didn't expect anything in return lol.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 10:15 PM
i would.

why not?

Because he's a running QB who can't play from the pocket because he can't read coverages.

I realize that he is likely healthy now but that time off did not fix his head. I don't care how much resolve someone has, to go from first to worst, from everybody's favorite to eveybody's whipping boy, from media darling to media disgrace, from best rookie QB ever to benched, from highest cost in draft picks ever to likely being traded for a mid-round, or less, draft pick... how does that not totally screw with a guy's head. He won't be right until he gains some level of football respect again. I don't wish to be the team that nurtures him through that.

And last but certainly not least, I've already had my fill of overboard media attention on our QB before he has done anything for the team. We've gone through 2 solid years of negative media attention with Manziel, right up to the last game. I'd hate to start over with another media blitz about nothing.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 10:17 PM
No
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:00 PM
I would say no to RG3...

He's boring.. He doesn't ride Swans.. Although I wonder how he would look as a blonde.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:06 PM

Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins
Norm from Cheers

Norm from Cheers is available? laugh
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins
Norm from Cheers

Norm from Cheers is available? laugh

It's a little known fact, but, yes.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:33 PM

Drew Stanton

If we don't bring in Drew Stanton for QB purposes, I think we may have another job for him...

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/threadbareslightkingfisher.gif?w=640&h=360
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:43 PM
j/c:

No way for RGIII. Here is why:

--His teammates can't stand him.

--He went behind both head coaches back to complain to the owner.

--He did not put the work in.

--He can't read coverages post-snap.

--NFL defenses figured him out.

--He isn't he runner he used to be.

--He is a drama queen.

--He is fragile.

--He doesn't even know what pocket presence means. He drifts too deep and too wide and takes a lot of stupid sacks. The OL gets blamed even though it's his fault.

--There is a reason why the drama has declined and the wins have increased since they finally put RGIII on the bench in Washington.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/05/16 11:44 PM
LOL
Posted By: ddubia Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 01:34 AM
That's a lot better list than mine. More complete and accurate.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 01:59 AM
I would.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 02:06 AM
Analytics say lets go Goffing!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 02:20 AM
Sure. Why not? A running QB that can't run? How could that possibly go wrong?
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 02:22 AM
So, with manziel most likely getting cut or traded, Mack probably leaving, and Thomas not sure if he wants to remain in cleveland, would you be willing to trade for RG3?

What QB out there would be best for a team that has a poor offensive line? Because if Mack and Thomas bolt, I don't think it really matters, unless their are some FA acquisitions that could fill those positions and be effective. Whoever they get, better have some wheels, a hell of an arm, and the ability to read a defense.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 02:24 AM
Or be able to take a beatin' like McCown.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Or be able to take a beatin' like McCown.

My bad, I should have added while being successful.
Posted By: Goose7 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 05:43 PM
No, too injury prone.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 08:17 PM
No,No,No, Maybe go a step further and try to pick up Matt Stafford. He might be available.
We have had enough slugs on this team.
Posted By: Dave Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 08:37 PM
OR ... we could trade #2 and Manziel to Dallas for #4 and Tony Romo. We could still get Lynch at #4, or put off the QB decision for another year and fill some other need. Romo is 35, so should be good for another 3 years. Would Dallas do it? I guess it depends how much JJ likes Manziel, or Goff, or Bosa.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 10:06 PM
Joe Thomas's remarks were something like he'll wait and see what happens with the organization and team before he decides if he'll stay or go, maybe he and Mack should decide who the next QB will be lol. Seems like those two are now forcing Jimmy to get it right, or they go.

Seriously though, every season in the Superbowl postgame interview, someone with the winning organization (normally the QB) is asked "you've just won the Superbowl, how did you do it?" and most times there are two answers, and more times than not, it's 1) Eveyone in the organization from top to bottom remained focused towards achieving the goal along with 2) the QB praising the offensive line for controlling the line of scrimmage and he couldn't have done it without them.
So with that, (more than anything IMO) this team needs a solid O line, which we do have but we lack a QB that can make all the plays. Before Hoyer got injured, I thought he would be that guy. He knew how to read a defense and he got rid of the ball quickly. I remember hearing broadcasters say he was getting the ball into play before opposing D's had time to get to him, so while that was true, the O line was able to control the scrimmage.

I don't know who the QB is that has the tools needed to turn this thing around, but I doubt a fragile Romo or RG3, would be that guy. I don't like the idea of drafting Connor Cook in the first round or selecting Cardale Jones later either, JMO.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 10:47 PM
Swap one premadonna for another? Absolutely not!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
OR ... we could trade #2 and Manziel to Dallas for #4 and Tony Romo. We could still get Lynch at #4, or put off the QB decision for another year and fill some other need. Romo is 35, so should be good for another 3 years. Would Dallas do it? I guess it depends how much JJ likes Manziel, or Goff, or Bosa.

Sign me up for this please.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/06/16 11:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Dave

Sign me up for this please.

+ 1
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 12:05 AM
JJ won't give up on Romo that easily...
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/1...d-football-left
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:02 AM
I would go with Romo over those two.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:04 AM
NRTU:

Did I miss something? I didn't know Romo was on the trading block??????
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
NRTU:

Did I miss something? I didn't know Romo was on the trading block??????

If you're an organization that don't mind giving up alot he is.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:11 AM
Really? Did JJ say that?
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:16 AM
Really? Did JJ say that?

No, JJ said he thinks Romo has 4-5 years of good FB left in him which IMO suggests either...
a) Jerry actually believes that and won't trade him.
or
b) If anyone wants Romo in a trade they will give up alot to get him.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:25 AM
It'll take alot more than Johnny Vegas and a pick to get Romo.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:28 AM
No offense, bro..............but I don't think there is any way that JJ will trade Romo.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:28 AM
No offense, bro..............but I don't think there is any way that JJ will trade Romo.

I'm agreeing with ya.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:33 AM
LOL...............okay.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:54 AM
The Cowboys would want to keep Romo, but they might be willing to send us the 4th pick in exchange for Manziel and the 2nd pick.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:57 AM
Quote:
Would you make a trade for RG3?

Analytics says: "Let's ask Dee".
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:59 AM
Originally Posted By: hasugopher
The Cowboys would want to keep Romo, but they might be willing to send us the 4th pick in exchange for Manziel and the 2nd pick.

That sounds more realistic.
Posted By: sham63 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:30 AM

I hope you mean our 2nd round pick, because that would be so Browns to trade Manziel and the 2nd pick in the draft for the 4th overall pick.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 04:36 AM
Originally Posted By: sham63

I hope you mean our 2nd round pick, because that would be so Browns to trade Manziel and the 2nd pick in the draft for the 4th overall pick.

Now that's trading down in the first round! Jones would take that deal in a heartbeat.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 05:33 AM

Looking at the contrast between the way the team played with Romo under Center, and the way they played with anyone not names Romo under Center, I see no way they trade him.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 01:59 PM
Originally Posted By: sham63

Sigh... look I realize that jokes usually don't convey well via typed posts but when I do make them, I try to make them as obvious as possible. Maybe I should do what others do on here and use purple font next time.

With that being said, it does convey my feelings about Manziel, and also that the Cowboys would be completely and utterly idiotic to trade Romo. In the original proposed trade, they would give up Romo to get Manziel and move up two spots in the first round. Yay? Maybe someone should post that on a Cowboys board and we'll see what the response is.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:20 PM
I actually just browsed around on a Cowboys board, Manziel's name came up from time to time, and I am honestly shocked at how negative the opinions of him were. Just for the sake of reference, many of the posters were fine with the idea of bringing RGIII in, but were disgusted at the thought of Manziel. There were exceptions of course.

It's kind of crazy how fast things change. A couple years ago Manziel was drafted so high largely because he was so popular, there was so much hype, he'd move tickets/luxury boxes/whatever (this is a highly debatable point but I firmly believe this factored into Haslam's decision making).
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:24 PM
I have a few Texas friends that are Cowboy junkies.... it's my understanding that pretty much nobody wants anything to do with Manziel.

Toxic.
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:31 PM
It makes sense-- many Cowboys fans are probably sick of the circus atmosphere themselves. It was still a little surprising reading some of the comments given that the Manziel to Dallas possibility has been floated by both Cleveland fans and national media. I don't normally lurk other teams' boards but it is interesting to get another fan base's perspective.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:45 PM
It hasn't just been Cleveland fans and the national media.

Jerry Jones has talked about Manziel on several occasions. I would venture to say that he is a more legitimate source than the fans on a Dallas message board.
Posted By: FBHO71 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:50 PM

Jerry Jones has talked about Manziel on several occasions. I would venture to say that he is a more legitimate source than the fans on a Dallas message board.

Yep Jerry loves him some JF..could you imagine the parties them 2 would throw together willynilly man Id love to attend one of those and it would give TMZ/ESPN a lifetime worth of news/gossip willynilly
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
A couple years ago Manziel was drafted so high largely because he was so popular

I thought it was because he texted the Browns and they fell for it..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 02:57 PM
I'm not saying Manziel will end up in Dallas, but I think it could possibly happen.

Manziel is too big for Cleveland. He would not be too big for Dallas. They have had a ton of characters over the years who make the news for the wrong reasons. They work w/the guys. They hire people to follow them around and help them make decisions. They overlook things as long as they are performing on game day.

Jones and Dallas could live w/Johnny's escapades. They pale in comparison to guys like Irvin, TO, Hardy, Dez, Newton, etc...However, the key is being able to perform on Sundays and no one is really sure if JM can or cannot on a consistent basis.
Posted By: FBHO71 Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:01 PM
I'm not saying Manziel will end up in Dallas, but I think it could possibly happen.

Manziel is too big for Cleveland. He would not be too big for Dallas. They have had a ton of characters over the years who make the news for the wrong reasons. They work w/the guys. They hire people to follow them around and help them make decisions. They overlook things as long as they are performing on game day.

Jones and Dallas could live w/Johnny's escapades. They pale in comparison to guys like Irvin, TO, Hardy, Dez, Newton, etc...However, the key is being able to perform on Sundays and no one is really sure if JM can or cannot on a consistent basis.

Oh I agree with that 100%
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:20 PM

Jerry Jones is also on record saying he thinks Tony Romo has 4-5 outstanding years left. Per an ESPN article December 1st 2015 (which I will not link to as per board rules, as the article contains a swear word):

"But you're asking me what I think, and I think we've got outstanding quarterbacking ahead of us for the next four or five years. That's not a downer. Will we be looking to develop and get talent behind Romo? Absolutely."

Jerry Jones says a lot of things. He has talked about the backup QB situation on the Cowboys many times this year. So if they bring in Manziel (or RG3 or whoever), it is to be a backup. Now I'm a rational person, so I think bringing in someone like Billy to be a backup QB is somewhere between an unneeded distraction and a disaster. Jerry Jones may think differently but I never said anywhere that they would not bring him in because fans on a message board don't want them!

For what it's worth, I do think those fans matter. That is, if the fans wanted to bring Billy in, it would be more likely to happen than if the fans didn't want to bring him in. Do you think that is accurate? Or do you think Jerry runs his team completely without regard for what the fans think?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:25 PM
LOL..........you said you were a rational person and called Manziel "Billy" in the very same sentence. rofl

I have gotten some good laughs today. Thanks guys.........laughing makes a person feel better.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:30 PM
No. Fuhgeddaboudit. Under no circumstances.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:31 PM
Uhhh, dude.... you're constantly using derogatory nicknames for tons of players. May we all now proclaim that you admit to not being rational?
Posted By: Haus Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 03:32 PM
LOL..........you said you were a rational person and called Manziel "Billy" in the very same sentence. rofl

I have gotten some good laughs today. Thanks guys.........laughing makes a person feel better.

It's better to laugh than be angry. That's for sure.

I'm glad I could make you feel better.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Would you make a trade for RG3? - 01/07/16 04:54 PM
Manziel is too big for Cleveland.

I never thought of it that way but it's true.
© DawgTalkers.net