DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mgh888 Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 08:22 PM
I don't know where to put this - it probably does not deserve it's own thread, but this is a really nice read on the Browns and Hue ....

http://www.nfl.com/33weeks

Probably my favorite little quote from Jackson, which seems to gel with the image I have of him as an individual .....

"The Haslams are great owners," Jackson says. "There is not anything that Jimmy and Dee would not do for me or for this organization if we thought we needed it. Matter of fact, I've told them they do too much. I'm being very honest when I say that: We're over the top -- and I hate to say it that way -- when it comes to doing everything for our players. And I've made that statement [to the Haslams]: 'I think we do too much.'

"I'm not gonna say they're pampered. I just think ... there's a word that normally gets used in the National Football League, and it's not a good one: entitlement. I don't want our players to feel like they're entitled to anything other than what you earn. I'm not about giving anybody anything, because nobody gave me anything. I feel like I had to claw, fight and scratch to get to where I am. And I think the great players, and great teams, that's what they do. They're not caught up in, 'Well it's supposed to be this way. You owe me this.' No, nobody owes you anything. What we owe you is an opportunity."

Just like Sashi and Paul - it's way too early to judge these new Browns personnel - all we have is our gut feel. Of all of them I have the most faith in Hue right now.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 09:33 PM
I think as long as we have Hue, and as time goes along i feel will get more power within the organization to include personnel matters.. He's a football guy, been around the league awhile, seems to know exactly what he wants..I really think he will be the guy that can be successful, i just don't know about the FO...they haven't exactly wow'd yet. Im curious to see how they handle the next draft with a full year to prep
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Im curious to see how they handle the next draft with a full year to prep

Right now, it's kinda like trying to evaluate a general contractor's ability to do quality finish work based on how he and his crew have done the demolition work.

They could be some really good builders - we just have to wait to find out. This season isn't going to tell us much at all.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 09:57 PM
Thats a pretty good analogy - but based on the way they went about stage one, it gives me some hope that they will be good at stages 2 and 3.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 10:26 PM
this FO seems WAY more cohesive and plan-oriented. Whether or not the plan and execution works is another matter obviously. But it's a start.
Posted By: Referee 3 Re: Hue Jackson - 08/31/16 10:44 PM
It already has it's own thread......

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...-th#Post1147933
© DawgTalkers.net