DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: eotab TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:18 PM
So are we players in this garnishing a missing piece so that we can further ourselves in possibly a POST SEASON.
We rarely are in this position. So what possibly could we do?

For me I hope we are acquiring players not dumping them.

The only guy I see that we would dump, and I am so so hoping we don't is probably Duke. And the Eagles are the best customer for that sale. But as mentioned I want Duke to stay here and I so wish him to become the needed WR that he can take over.

For me, buying. I would give up a first round pick which could be a # 20 or so not a top 10 for Peterson of the Cardinals. The kid is just 28 and in his prime, he probably has a good 5-7 years ahead of him. We would instantly become the best CB duo in the NFL bar NONE! Speed from the two corners. I think no other move would make this team rise up immediately and actually make us a Playoff contender.

As a distant number # on getting this team better. Another team that might look to dump said talent could be the Giants and Mr. Odell Beckham at WR. This would create a duo of Landry and Beckham both of LSU fame and that would create such a tandem for one of the best upcoming QBs in the NFL! I know this would be the sexy pick up...for me the Peterson pick up would be premium.

As mentioned I hope we are players and not Dumpers this time around.

Any thoughts and Ideas as the trade deadline get closer???

Posted By: DawgPound75 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:28 PM
I love the thought of Peterson for a first rounder.

I would try to get him for a 2nd or 3rd but would not be upset with giving up a #1. Because of his salary, it might not take a number 1.

As talented as OBJ is, I don't see Dorsey trying to bring his attitude into the Browns locker room.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:29 PM
Oakland might be someone looking to trade ... they could be 1-6 at that point and Gruden has shown a propensity to

Maybe the Colts as well
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:41 PM
Trust me I'm not a WR type of guy but the thought is intriguing. I see him very emotional very similar to Landry so the locker room thing would be something that would turn positive I think.

The other thing is when we played the Giants in preseason??? I remember Odell searching Mayfield out and gave the kid a Giant hug (no pun intended...lol laugh ) and they talked to each other like they were best friends. I can see Odell really liking to play for us and WITH MAYFIELD. I think you will see Mayfield is very respected already throughout the NFL and so much so that PLAYERS are willing to flock here and not laugh at us as in the past. We are players now and in the mix!

As stated for me its Peterson like no other player that can change this already good team into a Contender and feared around the league. Peterson and Ward. Both 4.3 guys Where do they go...either side will be shut down! Man o man sacks a plenty!

jmho
Posted By: bonefish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:53 PM

Trades of course take two to tango.

The question becomes at what position do we really need help?

The other thing to consider is do we give up draft picks to get that help?

Is there anyone on this roster that we could use as trade bait to upgrade a position.

Avery is making huge strides. I think he could replace Collins.

Is Collins a guy other teams covet?

Who would Dorsey target in trade?

Would Dorsey go after Beckham? I doubt that. Money and a big mouth.

This I know Dorsey will be looking.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 04:57 PM
I'd give Arizona a call about the availability of Chandler Jones, if the Cards decide they want to rebuild they may be willing to part with the 28 year old and he would instantly give us one the best pass rushing set of ends in the NFL.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 05:26 PM
While the thoughts of both Peterson & Jones is intriguing, I think that if we are players, it will be for guys that are more on the emerging level and not super-established premier-name guys.

Look at the moves Dorsey has made so far. He isn't about the big splash signings. He's about bringing in the quality talent that is going to grow and help establish something here for the long haul. He finds underrated, undervalued talent. Peterson & Jones don't really fit that mold.

I'd look for a guy, honestly, that is comparable to Mitchell, Avery, Ogbah, Coley.... or a guy that can be a solid WR in Haley's O. A Hines Ward & Jarvis Landry type that will come in, work hard, catch what comes near him, and be an enthusiastic blocker.

The one caveat to the above thoughts: if we can find a team looking to do a Brock Osweiler salary dump with a player. We get them to give us a pick to take the player and their salary, and we absorb the massive cap hit. This gets us a player and gives Dorsey more Draft capital.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 05:28 PM
I would actually be surprised if we make a trade of any kind barring some major injury in the very near future.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:01 PM
While I agree that Dorsey would prefer a young up and comer type of player those guys usually aren't available in trades.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:09 PM
I think Dorsey has shown what he can do with a draft pick - so for me, draft picks are more a premium then they have ever been before!

I personally think the only thing I would like to trade for would be that #1 WR. That to me is our biggest glaring need right now. JMO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:14 PM
j/c

I'm not hoping to give away huge draft stock for a big name player. But a competent WR with good hands would be welcome in my book.

I agree with the poster who said that draft picks seem to have more value with Dorsey in charge so giving up anything more than a third or fourth round draft pick for a solid WR would be too much IMO
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:39 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66
While I agree that Dorsey would prefer a young up and comer type of player those guys usually aren't available in trades.

And, yet, we got Demarious Randall in a trade for DeShaun Kizer and we were able to nab an unwanted WR that averaged 100 catches a year for four straight years.

If they're there, Dorsey will find them.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:46 PM
Teams should be trying to trade for veterans on the Giants, Cardinals, 49ers, and Bills.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

And, yet, we got Demarious Randall in a trade for DeShaun Kizer and we were able to nab an unwanted WR that averaged 100 catches a year for four straight years.

I agree with you.

We had the 29 year old Matthews in for a visit, and passed. (at least for now) We possibly lowballed Dez Bryant. I think that maybe if the right deal came along, like the Tyrod trade, then he'll probably male a move, but it has to be the right player at the right price.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 07:55 PM

I wouldn't call either of them up and comers as Landry was already a top WR and Randall was a decent corner.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Teams should be trying to trade for veterans on the Giants, Cardinals, 49ers, and Bills.

On the Giants teams should be calling about John Greco, Damon Harrison, Connor Barwin, Olivier Vernon, and Janoris Jenkins.

Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, Deone Bucannon, Phil Dawson, Jermaine Gresham, Mike Iupati, Chandler Jones.

49ers - Pierre Garcon,

Bills - Lorenzo Alexander, LeSean McCoy, Jerry Hughes, Micah Hyde, Star Lotulelei, Jordan Poyer.

Basically any quality player on a veteran contract.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 08:15 PM
Odell is a diva , don't want the drama he brings. sometimes par is good enough to win
Posted By: oobernoober Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 08:18 PM

Randall is exactly who I thought of when I opened this thread.

Guys that aren't exactly "scrap heap", but more unwanted or misused guys where our building would be a better situation for their talents.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 08:33 PM

I wouldn't call either of them up and comers as Landry was already a top WR and Randall was a decent corner.

I certainly agree with you about the exact term. But in this case I think it's a question of semantics.

An up and comer would create a situation where you would have to extrapolate what you believe they will become because they aren't there yet.

In this case, the scenario is even better because you already know they can be quite successful at the NFL level.

And in reality, since Randall had never played the FS position at the NFL level, it was even more rare than spotting an "up and comer".
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 08:46 PM
rumors in Buffalo are that Shady McCoy will be dealt for not much

Not that I think we'd be interested or he'd end up here, but he's a name that might move
Posted By: FATE Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
rumors in Buffalo are that Shady McCoy will be dealt for not much

Not that I think we'd be interested or he'd end up here, but he's a name that might move

Shady going back to Philly. Vers brought up the prospect first, he'll be proven right.
Posted By: mac Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 10:06 PM
Odell has some issues that make him an undesirable fit for the Browns, imo.

Come on folks, you don't remember his sideline actions? At times he is not coachable

I doubt that the Browns view him an answer to our needs.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/12/18 11:53 PM
We are down a WR as of today.. perhaps carolina would be interested in dealing Torrey Smith? Just an idle thought.. he's not getting much playing time.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 12:12 AM
another name to think of:

Marvin Jones

Detroit has phased him out and he's got a bigger contract and is a bit older

But he also has some ties with Hue IIRC
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 12:16 AM
j/c:

Why would Philly want Duke when they have similar backs in Sproles, Smallwood, and even Clement?

I'm fairly certain they would want a bigger back to replace Ajayi if they are in the market for a RB.
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:39 AM
As I posted in another thread I wondered if we should consider trading Duke.
I sure hope not. I agree we should add talent not cut ones that could contribute to turning this franchise around.

IMO we should look at DT and WR.
Read where Ethan Westrooks of the Rams might be available. Rotational guy who can flat out play.

And i like Devonta Parker of the Fins.

If there is any problems with Parker we have a guy who can set it straight already. He knows the Fins.

Just my 2 cents partner.
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
We are down a WR as of today.. perhaps carolina would be interested in dealing Torrey Smith? Just an idle thought.. he's not getting much playing time.

Not a bad one either Saint.
Would be a guy that can take the lid off.
IMO thats the type receiver we need.
Posted By: BADdog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:45 AM
'We are down a WR as of today"

who?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:46 AM
Willies broke his collarbone today.
Posted By: BADdog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:47 AM
wow I was looking forward to seeing more of him. That sucks
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:48 AM
Willie's broke a collar bone I think it was.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 02:30 AM
They are saying day to day / game to game but I think thats complete BS. Collarbone is a tough break
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 03:52 AM
Where is Corey Coleman when you need him?

edit. Wait! I know the answer. rofl
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 04:04 AM
I can't see Dorsey sitting on his butt when we need help at WR. If there is a viable option out there, he'll find it. His last add of Streater was not the answer. He was a depth addition IMHO.

I'd be happy to see him bring Jordan Leslie back right now.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I can't see Dorsey sitting on his butt when we need help at WR. If there is a viable option out there, he'll find it. His last add of Streater was not the answer. He was a depth addition IMHO.

I'd be happy to see him bring Jordan Leslie back right now.

Why? I don't remember him showing anything here.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 05:32 AM
Though I'm merely making this up and haven't seen anything regarding this..

But Jordan Howard to the Eagles..

Eagles need an impact back right now...Bears can use the extra draft picks

Howard isnt fitting all that well in Nagys system...Bears can sign someone like Charles Sims to split with Cohen.

Patrick Peterson would be a stud...not sure if he still returns anymore, but he was or is good at that as well. Considering it seems the trade market seems more easier nowadays...I think he could be had without a surrendering a 1st round pick.

I would really love to see a weapon added to our WR core to help Baker grow, that's what I want most.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 05:52 AM
Also I pray we don't trade for Kelvin Benjamin...he may have the worst hands I've ever seen for a so called #1 wideout.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 08:05 AM
Davante Parker might be an interesting name at WR. Phins don't want him anymore
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 09:55 AM
His mom doesn't want him to come to Cleveland.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 10:15 AM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
good point
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 10:42 AM

Neither does Diam ... *LOL* ...

Want nuttin to do with him ... zero ... major league dissapointment ... he never plays even when he’s on the field ...

TRU

Da Bears are in 1st place and despite my boy Mitch’s struggles there in 1st place in a really bad division ... they need Howard he’s good and there in great shape to win there division ...

Why would they trade him for draft picks? ... the need him now ...

Posted By: GMdawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:30 PM
Quote:
The other thing is when we played the Giants in preseason??? I remember Odell searching Mayfield out and gave the kid a Giant hug (no pun intended...lol laugh ) and they talked to each other like they were best friends.

That's because they spent a lot of time working out together in the off season.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:42 PM
Maybe Demaryius Thomas or Laquon Treadwell at WR. Maybe Trae Waynes at CB. I'm not sure I'd give more than a 5th rounder, but the two Vikes might just need a change of scenery. Thomas has Sutton to replace him and a healthy cap hit, so he might be available.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 01:51 PM
Washington's been underwhelmed by Doctson thus far ... he's a bigger WR
Posted By: Jester Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 02:05 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/could-jamie-collins-reunite-patriots-002138490.html

Could Jamie Collins reunite with Patriots?

NBC Sports Boston Staff
NBC Sports Boston•Oct 11, 2018, 8:21 PM

With the NFL's Oct. 30 trade deadline approaching, it's time to start thinking about what kinds of moves can help the Patriots fill positions of need.

Bill Barnwell of ESPN did some of the work for us in his "11 sensible midseason NFL trade ideas" article published Thursday. One of those 11 ideas was a Jamie Collins/Patriots reunion. Barnwell proposes a deal that would send the veteran linebacker back to New England for a 2019 seventh-round pick.

Here's what else Barnwell had to say about the potential trade. . .

"Speaking of linebackers on unsustainable contracts, Collins' four-year, $50 million pact with the Browns hasn't worked out," Barnwell writes. "He missed 11 games in 2017 with a concussion and a torn MCL, and his role in the defense has been marginalized with Joe Schobert and Christian Kirksey emerging as every-down linebackers. When Schobert and Kirksey are healthy, Collins is the guy usually coming off the field when the Browns go into their sub packages.

The Browns can cut Collins after the year and free up more than $9 million in cap space, which seems likely. In the meantime, they could convert some of the $7.5 million in prorated base salary remaining on Collins' deal into a signing bonus to make his contract more tradable. Let's say they convert $5 million into a bonus to save $2.5 million as part of a trade.

Collins' time in New England didn't end well, but the Patriots need help in their front seven after losing Ja'Whaun Bentley to a torn biceps. A healthy, motivated Collins would be an upgrade on the likes of Kyle Van Noy and free up Dont'a Hightower to take the occasional snap as an edge rusher, a tactic the Patriots used to try to create pressure before Hightower got injured last season. The Patriots wouldn't owe Collins any guaranteed money after the season and would surely ask Collins to renegotiate his deal to stay with the team. Would a one-year reunion make sense for both parties?"

Collins played for the Patriots from 2013 to the middle of the 2016 season when he was traded to Cleveland for a third-round compensatory pick. He tallied 10.5 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, and five interceptions in 50 games with New England.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 03:07 PM
This entire thread reads like a what's what of what can hurt the Browns most.

Either to not sign a good player that could help the team, or to get rid of a good player which already helps the team. OIC.
Posted By: bonefish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 03:16 PM
Why in the world would the Browns trade Collins for a 7th round pick???

ridiculous.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 03:23 PM
Yeah, just keep Collins. That wouldnt make sense at this point
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Why in the world would the Browns trade Collins for a 7th round pick???

ridiculous.

Because he’s not all that good and has a huge contract.
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 05:08 PM
Thursday night the guys there suggested that McCoy would be an Eagle proposition.

I can't believe the number of guys who think WR is the key...lol laugh Still yet, guys its the most OVER RATED POSITION.

now CB again I don't care if its a big bang or not. Peterson would be awesome along with Ward. Big time move.

Don't expect anything though...just thought I would bring it up and see what we come up with as fans...so far WR as the NEED is disappointing.

Of course we went and got a big time under Achiever who cannot run routes nor catch the ball in Perriman. He runs fast though...Higgins knee and now Willies out with a broken collar bone which I'm shocked didn't get mentioned on this board much.
Anyways Perriman is here I don't expect much.

jmho
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Neither does Diam ... *LOL* ...

Want nuttin to do with him ... zero ... major league dissapointment ... he never plays even when he’s on the field ...

TRU

Da Bears are in 1st place and despite my boy Mitch’s struggles there in 1st place in a really bad division ... they need Howard he’s good and there in great shape to win there division ...

Why would they trade him for draft picks? ... the need him now ...

Yeah Diam,

I can see why it seems iffy...Bears have lost a lot of draft capital for Anthony Miller, Trub, and Mack...And they are'nt using Howard right (though I assume they will ride him more come cold winter)...That's the only reason I saw it as a possibility...then again I never saw his name involved in trades (Howard)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/13/18 10:36 PM
MKC made a compelling argument to trade for OBJ. I probably wouldn't do it, but it is enticing
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:34 PM
Rumors are Oakland wants to dump Amari Cooper. He would be a great fit if we could get him cheap.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:35 PM

ProFootballTalk
‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk

After trading Joel Segal client Khalil Mack, the Raiders reportedly are shopping Joel Segal clients Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:36 PM
I would LOVE cooper
Posted By: Swish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:43 PM
go ahead and bring cooper right on over to the browns, please.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Rumors are Oakland wants to dump Amari Cooper. He would be a great fit if we could get him cheap.

Which Amari Cooper is he? The guy who started out with two 1000 yard years, or the Cooper of last year who was tied at #3 in the league in drops? Bring him on, unless Gruden is asking a ridiculous ransom. Cooper ain't Mack.

JMHO
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
go ahead and bring cooper right on over to the browns, please.

You didn't say it right. It's "Red rover red rover send cooper right over."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 04:48 PM
I have confidence that Baker can make any WR better ... and that's high praise

At least he'd be a viable threat
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Which Amari Cooper is he? The guy who started out with two 1000 yard years, or the Cooper of last year who was tied at #3 in the league in drops? Bring him on, unless Gruden is asking a ridiculous ransom. Cooper ain't Mack.

JMHO

This is very true...Guy has his bouts with confidence and iffy hands...I mean he will let easy ones just fall out (I followed a lot of their games the past two years) I def. wouldnt offer anything what they will be asking for.
Posted By: Swish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 07:36 PM
We need to trade for Cooper and OBJ. screw it. sign Dez too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 07:55 PM

Depends on the price of course, but Cooper would help a lot.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 07:56 PM

ProFootballTalk
‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk

After trading Joel Segal client Khalil Mack, the Raiders reportedly are shopping Joel Segal clients Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph

This is funny.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 08:25 PM
I see Gruden is using the old Browns' strategy of jettisoning all of the talent to buy another year with the team.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I see Gruden is using the old Browns' strategy of jettisoning all of the talent to buy another year with the team.

Too bad they already paid their QB. . .
Posted By: Jester Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:01 PM
Amari Cooper is done for the day in Week 6 with a concussion.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto%3anfl%3amorenewstop
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:12 PM
we need help in any way at wR
Posted By: Tulsa Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:20 PM

I’d take a narrow receiver at this point.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I’d take a narrow receiver at this point.
brownie
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:38 PM

Gruden will Jedi mind trick his way out of that situation.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/14/18 11:57 PM

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/10...giants-in-2019/
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 12:15 AM
How bout a few WR's and LB's?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 12:22 AM
We might need a LB now with Schobert out
Posted By: CalDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 01:52 AM
From what I saw today, Dorsey needs two drafts and a couple amazing FA periods to make this team competitive. A desperation move before the deadline ain't gonna cut it.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 02:02 AM
I don't understand why Dorsey didn't bring in a veteran WR who could actually contribute to the passing game after trading Gordon, you can see that Callaway is not ready to be a starter and it would've helped the development of Baker.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 02:08 AM

Or we could just play two linebackers like every other team.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 03:37 AM
Cooper can't catch ... we have enough of those types of WR's...just say no to Amari.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 08:28 AM

Or we could just play two linebackers like every other team.
which leads me to another question: how does Kirksey only end up with 1 tackle after all of that running
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:14 AM
It sure looked like the Chargers targeted Collins and ran to his side a ton. I saw Kirksey come up and set the edge a couple of times when they ran his way, but we didn't have anyone in the cutback lane.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 12:28 PM
Collins was targeted. Didn't seem to matter too much for the day. Chargers seemed to run what they wanted wherever they wanted to do so whenever they needed to . I was disgusted by the gouges I saw and the lousy tackles. They have something in the backs like our old Mack & Byner backfield shaping up.

So we need how many LB's for this week?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 01:55 PM
We need to offer Oakland a #3 for Cooper and give them a #2 instead if necessary ... TODAY !!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 01:57 PM
j/c:

Would anyone be interested in Patrick Peterson? I heard he might be available. He's older, but him and Ward would be sweet.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 02:19 PM
Peterson would be a great pickup and I don't think he will cost us an arm and a leg being he is an older ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 02:26 PM
To me (and I can't believe I'm saying this) the issue isn't our secondary, it's our run defense ... DEs and LBs were exposed big time.

And when we get burnt in the passing game, a lot of times it's LB coverage
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Would anyone be interested in Patrick Peterson? I heard he might be available. He's older, but him and Ward would be sweet.

Yes please
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 04:42 PM
Btw----Peterson is not a one-dimensional corner. He is very good against the run, too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 04:51 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Peterson would be a great pickup and I don't think he will cost us an arm and a leg being he is an older ...

Patrick Peterson is 28.

My guess is that if Peterson is actually available, that some team that is sold out to win this year (someone like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, etc) would be willing to pay a premium for a player like him. I would think Peterson would cost a first round pick. He is still very good and on a reasonable contract. Our pick might still be in the top ten. We can’t afford to give up a potential top ten pick in a season we [i]might[/] be competitive.

I would love to have Peterson and would not be mad if we traded for him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 05:24 PM
Those are good points. But, I don't think Peterson is going to fall off the proverbial cliff. I think he will still be excellent next year and the year after. I also think those are the two years when our team should be most ready to compete.

With that said, I have no idea what the compensation would be for Peterson. Guys in the NFL typically don't draw much in return when they are traded unless it is someone like Mack.
Posted By: Jester Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 07:14 PM
At one point Peterson was a dynamic returner. If I remember correctly.
Does he still do that?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 07:29 PM
We need more offensive threats.. get Cooper and don't look back.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 08:14 PM
I dont understand the love for cooper ... hes struggled to say the least the last few years ...

I want nothing to do with him ...

I’d rather work with Higgins, Willies, Ratley and since we seem to covet great atheletes that can’t catch i’ll throw Calloway in the mix ... then spend a draft pick on cooper cause were n a short term bind ... i’dmuch rather go sign someone off the street ...

Matthews or Dez ... i’m Sure there’s others ... heck ... for now i’d take Leslie over him once u throw cost into the equation ...
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 08:20 PM
Is Cooper even awake yet ? He was crushed in the game yesterday with a huge head hit. Left the game with a bad look.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester
At one point Peterson was a dynamic returner. If I remember correctly.
Does he still do that?

I think the idea was to have him stop returning punts this year.

I did just look it up and he has returned 1 punt this year for 7 yards.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 09:46 PM
Outside looking in, I always thought Cooper was pretty good...

After doing some digging deeper... yikes..

I'd still give a 3 or 4 for him. Sadly, he'd still be an upgrade.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:12 PM

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
11m11 minutes ago

Former 49ers’ and Raiders’ LB NaVorro Bowman is scheduled to work out for the Browns on Tuesday, per source.
Posted By: Jester Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Outside looking in, I always thought Cooper was pretty good...

After doing some digging deeper... yikes..

I'd still give a 3 or 4 for him. Sadly, he'd still be an upgrade.

We need to sign him and go for the trifecta!
Posted By: Dave Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:52 PM
Quote:
We need to sign him and go for the trifecta!

Trifecta? You're an optimist. What about Quincy Morgan, Andre Davis, and Dennis Northcutt?

Edit: Okay, they were before 2007, but still, we have had a penchant for receivers with the dropsies.
Posted By: Swish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:56 PM
Only 3 players.

And we drafted two of them. Why are we so unlucky.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:57 PM

Adam Schefter
11m11 minutes ago

Former 49ers’ and Raiders’ LB NaVorro Bowman is scheduled to work out for the Browns on Tuesday, per source.

He might not be great in pass coverage, but he is a pretty good player.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Adam Schefter
11m11 minutes ago

He might not be great in pass coverage, but he is a pretty good player.
he was at least, i dont know much about him now

Is there a reason he was a FA?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:03 PM
Not positive, but I assume because he is older and has been injured.

Worth a look-see.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:11 PM
Damn Schiffty
Verified account @DamnSchiffty
111 minutes ago

Sources close to the Browns report on Tuesday, representatives of the Browns are visiting Golds Gym to search for people willing to work out for them.
Posted By: Swish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:16 PM
Did they also try planet fitness?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:17 PM
lmao
Posted By: Tulsa Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:20 PM

They’re interested in Golds diggers only!
Posted By: Dave Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:22 PM
Only 3 players.

I don't think its about luck. I think its about our scouting approach that overvalues raw athleticism (speed/size) and undervalues actual production. You know, making plays. IMO, the banner on the wall in the Receivers room should say:
Rule #1 - catch the damn ball!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Only 3 players.

I don't think its about luck. I think its about our scouting approach that overvalues raw athleticism (speed/size) and undervalues actual production. You know, making plays. IMO, the banner on the wall in the Receivers room should say:
Rule #1 - catch the damn ball!

Wasn’t Edwards one of the most productive receivers ever at Michigan? Cooper’s stats were ridiculous if I remember correctly.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:34 PM
Dear Mr. Dorsey,

SIGN LESLIE!

Thank you,

A Concerned Fan
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/15/18 11:57 PM

Here is a shoe in!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/16/18 12:18 AM
Only 3 players.

When you draft players who have questionable hands in college and then they have questionable hands in the NFL - that is not being unlucky.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/16/18 12:42 AM
Exactly.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 01:10 PM
NFL Trade Deadline: Demaryius, Clinton-Dix, Garcon, Janoris Jenkins Could Be Moved

News and notes to know heading into Week 8…

1. It’s two days ahead of the trade deadline, and I’m not sure the Raiders are done yet. There’s attention on Derek Carr, of course, but I’d be pretty surprised if they moved him at this point. Two names you should keep an eye on: Former first-round picks Karl Joseph and Gareon Conley. Joseph has played 11 defensive snaps through seven games. Conley, on the other hand, is playing plenty at corner, and word is the Raiders are driving a harder bargain on him with interested suitors.

2. While we’re there on former first-round picks, Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is another who could potentially be moved before Tuesday. It’s not that he’s fallen out of favor—he’s actually played every snap on defense for Green Bay through six games. But he’s in a contract year, and the Packers have some depth in the secondary to play with.

3. Another veteran on the block: Niners receiver Pierre Garcon. He’s banged up right now (shoulder, knee) and 32 years old, but he could certainly still serve a contender in a complementary role down the stretch. Safety Jimmie Ward (playing on an $8.5 million fifth-year option) is another one who’s been involved in trade discussion, but my sense is the Niners would need to get something significant to deal him.

4. While Patrick Peterson gets the most attention publically, I’ve gotten the sense the player that’s drawn the most trade interest on the Cardinals roster has actually been Chandler Jones, who may be the third-best pass rusher in football right now behind only Khalil Mack and Von Miller. Also, Chandler’s contract is suddenly remarkably affordable—after Sunday, he’ll be due $6.6 million for the rest of the year, then a total of $48 million over the next three years (2019-21). Oh, and he’s also just a year older than Mack. All of which is why Arizona has told suitors that he is absolutely not available.

5. Is the Giants’ fire sale still on? Among the team’s pricy vets, the player bandied about most has been Janoris Jenkins. He’s another good player with a good contract—$5.8 million for the rest of this year after Sunday, and signed for another two years for $22.5 million.

6. The Browns will listen to offers for quarterback Tyrod Taylor, I’m told. And his contract structure actually might make it workable. He’s making $16 million this year, but $6 million of it came in a March roster bonus. That means a team trading for him would only be responsible, both in cash and cap, for what’s left of his $10 million base salary. As of Monday, that figure will be $5.29 million.

7. Browns-Steelers, by the way, should be one to watch. As I’ve heard, not much changed in those offensive meeting rooms during the workweek, so it should be business as usual—with coordinator Todd Haley calling the offense for rookie Baker Mayfield. As for Pittsburgh, this could be their last game before getting Le’Veon Bell back, with the trade deadline coming and going this week.

8. And the pre-trade deadline game to watch has to be Chiefs-Broncos. Denver is 3-4 and on the fringes of the AFC chase. My understanding is that the outcome of the game at Arrowhead will color John Elway’s approach to the deadline. A lopsided loss would very likely open the deal-making door. Names? Demaryius Thomas is one who’d be in play, and a benefit to trading him would be creating opportunities for rookie Courtland Sutton (though fellow rookie DaeSean Hamilton’s injury does create a depth concern). Two others to watch would be edge rusher Shane Ray and linebacker Brandon Marshall. Teams are also monitoring the corners there—Chris Harris and Bradley Roby—but the team’s lack of talent beyond those two would make it a little difficult to deal either.

9. A lot was made of Cody Kessler getting first-team reps this week as the Jaguars prepared for their game in London this morning against the Eagles. I’m told things really weren’t much different than usual this week. Yes, Kessler got some reps, but Blake Bortles still took the lion’s share with the first team (by a better than 2-to-1 ratio). That doesn’t mean Bortles won’t get yanked against Philly. It does mean there isn’t exactly a quarterback competition being staged in practice.

10. Vikings DE Everson Griffen will return to the field on Sunday night after being a full participant in practice through the week, but the expectation is the coaches will work him back in gradually. I’m told he showed some rust and still needs to get back into football shape; you might be looking at a spot player Sunday night against the Saints. That said, getting Griffen back period is a huge win for that defense, he showed great energy and enthusiasm, and here’s hoping he has his life in order.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/28/trade-...impression=true
Posted By: BDU Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 02:30 PM
J/C

NFL.com reporting that Desean Jackson has requested a trade from Tampa. I'd love to make a move for him. Gives the team a little speed, which I feel Mayfield needs given Callaway having some struggles.

Desean Jackson and Jarvis Landry is a great mix of talent and experience for Mayfield to utilize.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 02:40 PM
I don't disagree with his talent. But at 31 years old I'm not sure he's the type of player that fits into the future of the team.
Posted By: BDU Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't disagree with his talent. But at 31 years old I'm not sure he's the type of player that fits into the future of the team.

Agreed, but at a $11m cap hit, I'd take his now over the future. Just to get someone who can help Mayfield with his transition.

We're not in an immediate position of needing the cap space. He's got $11M this year, an opt out next year or a $10M salary. While I don't think we'd get $21M worth of production out of Desean Jackson over the next season and a half, I do think he's got enough left in the tank to ease the pressure on Mayfield while he's gaining experience.

At the moment, our receivers aren't getting open and Mayfield is currently burdened with the highest percentage of drops in the league at 9.1%. We need something.

The plus with Jackson is his experience. It won't take long to get adjusted to the playbook, so he could quickly help.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 03:14 PM
You can roll unused cap space over to the next year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 03:16 PM
Jackson is probably a candidate to go to a contender at his age ... my guess: HOUSTON with the injury to Fuller
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 03:22 PM
Good call ... he’d be a great fit there ..
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/28/18 03:23 PM
I agree ... he'd be dynamic
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 09:05 AM
Golden Tate available for a mid round pick ... a 5th might do it?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 12:08 PM
Heard that Golden Tate maybe available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2803...-trade-deadline
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 12:29 PM
He don’t fit the mold guys ... it would break from what King John’s been doing ...

Agree with it or not ... its his ship and thats the direction he’s taking us ...

Not the direction I’d of liked to have us go .. but for now .. i have no choice but to TRUST KING JOHN ...

Its our BEST SHOT ...
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 12:51 PM
He don’t fit the mold guys ... it would break from what King John’s been doing ...

Agree with it or not ... its his ship and thats the direction he’s taking us ...

Not the direction I’d of liked to have us go .. but for now .. i have no choice but to TRUST KING JOHN ...

Its our BEST SHOT ...
Should have been more clear, I thought the thread was to talk about all guys on the block, not just those that are for us. That's my bad.

I wasn't posting a "we gotta get this guy" was just commenting he was available.

I think he would be someone the Pats are going to look at IMO.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 01:30 PM
He’d be perfect for the pats .... perfect ...

Wonder what happenend with Josh last night ... the entire pre game they made a big deal about him being late twice last week and he was sitting for the 1st quarter ... he then starts ,,, *L* ...

I very well may have mis interpreted your post ... is more than likely on me .. ooooops ... mis communication happens on here ... sorry about that ...

If u were being snarky ... bite me ... wink
Posted By: leadtheway Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 01:49 PM
Id like to snag Clinton-Dix from GB..still young, in a contract year so motivated. Shouldn't break the bank but still be an upgrade
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 01:52 PM
Not sure how his locker room status is, I don't know him but I've seen a lot of him as far as talent goes.
I'd like for us to use a 5th rounder and Janoris Jenkins CB to go opposite of Ward and then maybe later switch to FS???
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 01:54 PM
He’d be perfect for the pats .... perfect ...

Wonder what happenend with Josh last night ... the entire pre game they made a big deal about him being late twice last week and he was sitting for the 1st quarter ... he then starts ,,, *L* ...

I very well may have mis interpreted your post ... is more than likely on me .. ooooops ... mis communication happens on here ... sorry about that ...

If u were being snarky ... bite me ... wink
haha, no snarkiness. I didn't clarify, I can easily see my post would come across as that was my intention.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 01:59 PM
id like to see a different shifty scat back. duke is ok but he limps off after every hit and doesnt beat one on ones.

we keep saying he is a big threat down field but it seems to just lead to interceptions. linebackers keep up with him

it would be nice to snag a wr. might have to give up a pick though
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 02:08 PM
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
id like to see a different shifty scat back. duke is ok but he limps off after every hit and doesnt beat one on ones.

we keep saying he is a big threat down field but it seems to just lead to interceptions. linebackers keep up with him

it would be nice to snag a wr. might have to give up a pick though

Im not sure who has said duke was great down field, but he is great out the backfield. I don't think he has the speed be a threat out of the backfield.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 03:12 PM
I don't see us being active trade partners now in the sense of getting a player. This season is essentially over with and the direction should be on developing Baker and finding a HC. I would hate to see us give up a draft pick for a short term fix. I mean, I guess if we could get a piece for the long-term great, but I don't normally view the trade deadline as an avenue to do that.
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 03:20 PM
we keep saying he is a big threat down field but it seems to just lead to interceptions.

??? when did these INTS HAPPEN??? Duke downfield I haven't seen him really run the wheel route yet. He has been dinged that is for sure.

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 03:27 PM
i think the most likely move from us would be trading Taylor to some team desperate for a QB, who still wants to salvage their season. Like Jacksonville.

Not saying I expect it, just think this is the most likely move from us.
Posted By: FATE Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 03:56 PM
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
id like to see a different shifty scat back.

Me too. He's on the roster, just needs some PT.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 04:35 PM
Trading TT probably won't happen because we need Baker to be stabilized right now
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 04:43 PM
Trading TT probably won't happen because we need Baker to be stabilized right now

IMO, it would only happen if someone blew our doors off with an offer. Also, FWIW, during the broadcast of the Pitt game it was mentioned that Stanton had embraced the mentor role for Baker while Taylor had not.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 05:09 PM
Texans closing in on trade for Demaryius Thomas
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 05:26 PM
I think Thomas to the Texans is a done deal.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 05:42 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Milk Man Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 05:50 PM
Good move by the Eagles.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 06:15 PM
Very good move ....

Shocked he didn’t up in NE ...

If ne doesnt get a wr i will be stunned ...
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 06:17 PM
Very good move ....

Shocked he didn’t up in NE ...

If ne doesnt get a wr i will be stunned ...

Maybe BB has all the faith in JG...I just threw up in my mouth a bit saying that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 06:27 PM
Eagles traded a third round pick for Golden Tate. That’s a hefty price for a player that is a free agent at the end of the season.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 06:28 PM
That’d be a bad bet .... wink ...
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 06:31 PM
I saw on twitter that they will get a 3rd/4th back from him though through a comp pick. Obviously not sure of that (because....you know Twitter) but if true that is really a good deal for the Eagles.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:21 PM
Demaryius Thomas - WR - Texans

Texans acquired WR Demaryius Thomas from the Broncos in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The teams are also swapping seventh-rounders. That's not bad compensation for a 30-year-old in what's essentially a contract year. Thomas has been in steady decline since the Broncos' Super Bowl 2015 season, but he remains durable and reasonably effective. He will certainly be an upgrade for the Texans in three-receiver sets after they lost Will Fuller (knee) for the season. Thomas will also have a much improved quarterback situation. He should be a more bankable WR3 than he was with Case Keenum. His arrival puts a dent in Keke Coutee's WR3 outlook. Courtland Sutton, meanwhile, could flirt with WR2 value in Denver. Amazingly, the Texans are traveling to Denver for Week 9.

Related: Broncos

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:32 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:32 PM

^ Major bust ^

Like a Browns' level bust.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:37 PM
Packers deal Ty Montgomery to Ravens
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

He probably should have just taken a knee.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:45 PM
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:49 PM
Is it me, or does there seem to be way more player trades the last 5 years or so at the deadline?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 07:54 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Is it me, or does there seem to be way more player trades the last 5 years or so at the deadline?

Not just you. Competing teams value the players over picks in-season more than ever.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:01 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:02 PM
so looks like instead of patching any holes, we going with what we got..can't say that screams turning over every rock but i guess nothing out there...other than the 400 receivers changing teams
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:02 PM
expected. at least they didn't "botch any paperwork" this year smile
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:04 PM
I looked for a trade for a OT, WR or DT by the deadline.

Kinda shocked we didn't do anything.
Oh well....
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

He probably should have just taken a knee.

Yes, he should have. However, I can't believe how much the team and fans turned on him for essentially making mistake with the hopes of helping the team. He was trying to make a play, which happens hundreds of times every Sunday (meaning, you're supposed to run left, but an opening appears on the right so you go for it).

Supposedly, he and his family has been harassed and even received death threats. An anonymous player on the team crushed him through the media, which is cowardly.

I myself would have bet money the Packers would likely score on that possession, however, there's no way to know for sure how much time would have been left after that. Maybe Rodgers hits three passes and they score with 35 seconds left. Are the Rams cooked from there? Maybe, maybe not.

I guess what I'm saying, Packers fans get a rap of being level-headed mid-westerners that support their team better than any other...but here they are eating one of their own for one single mistake.

Anyway, I doubt we make a move to improve. If anything, we were probably trying to sell at the deadline. I sure would have liked to see us attempt to get Baker some help so he can use the rest of the season to learn and not just run for his life. Oh well.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:06 PM
Hang on to assets that it would have cost to get a patch to help win one or two more games if that. I'm ok with holding firm. A new coach could prime interest in FAs... hopefully.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:08 PM
The coach told him to take a knee before the play and he didn't because he was upset that he didn't get the ball more earlier in the game.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Hang on to assets that it would have cost to get a patch to help win one or two more games if that. I'm ok with holding firm. A new coach could prime interest in FAs... hopefully.

Teams in our position, two wins at the halfway point, don't give up assets for veteran players.
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:14 PM
I agree with the sentiment. However I still think GMs way over value the mid round draft picks. Demaryius Thomas is worth way more to anyone (especially a team like the Browns with a rookie QB having no WRs) than a 4th round pick.

I would never do the Cooper deal because early round picks are gold, and wouldn't do the Fowler deal either, but Tate/Thomas is worth more on this team than a 3rd/4th round pick will most likely become.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:15 PM
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
I agree with the sentiment. However I still think GMs way over value the mid round draft picks. Demaryius Thomas is worth way more to anyone (especially a team like the Browns with a rookie QB having no WRs) than a 4th round pick.

I would never do the Cooper deal because early round picks are gold, and wouldn't do the Fowler deal either, but Tate/Thomas is worth more on this team than a 3rd/4th round pick will most likely become.

If it is just the player, then I agree with you. But the contract comes too. Tate is a free agent at the end of the season, Thomas is owed $15 million next season.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:19 PM
A team can hold on to there assets and still get average WRs during the off season. In the long run winning an extra game or two doesn’t help us.
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:20 PM
With as much $$$ as the Browns have in cap room next year that is not really a problem though for Thomas (obviously Tate).

I'm not mad at Dorsey for not making a move, but it does bug me a little that we talk about making moves to help Baker's development and then don't spend a mid round pick to give him a competent WR. It goes back to my initial point....GMs way over value mid round draft picks.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 08:49 PM
I figure he didn't want to try to break in any new players with everything that went down yesterday. Why put more pressure on a new
head coach and offensive coordinator.
Posted By: kwhip Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
With as much $$$ as the Browns have in cap room next year that is not really a problem though for Thomas (obviously Tate).

I'm not mad at Dorsey for not making a move, but it does bug me a little that we talk about making moves to help Baker's development and then don't spend a mid round pick to give him a competent WR. It goes back to my initial point....GMs way over value mid round draft picks.

2-5-1.........No HC........Not going anywhere this year.......

Patience my fellow Dawg.....Not the time.........
Posted By: CalDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 09:25 PM

Tanking the season. No point giving up picks for rentals when Dorsey knows we ain't doin' squat the rest of the year. Too bad so many other teams suck worse than we do or we'd be in contention for the #1 pick again.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/30/18 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

Teams in our position, two wins at the halfway point, don't give up assets for veteran players.

No, teams like us fire coaches every year as if that will help.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/31/18 01:16 AM
We're now on our sixth coach since 2009.

That's crazy. This is Haslam's fourth coach since he bought the team, plus the FO people he's fired.

Good leaders identify good leaders. Bad ones usually don't - at best, they luck into them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/31/18 01:18 AM
You should add that post to the Haslam should take 2 years off thread.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/31/18 03:49 PM
j/c:

The trade deadline is over and thank goodness we didn't try and trade for AJ McCarron again.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 10/31/18 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

The trade deadline is over and thank goodness we didn't try and trade for AJ McCarron again.
brownie
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/01/18 02:14 PM
I think Dorsey doesn't wish to deal under the variable of desperation.

Deals are done cause its the furthest from the draft and from here on in Draft picks will become more and more valuable leading up to the draft itself.

I also think that we got guys who will heal and come back. We have a good foundation and no need to get desperate about a WR. We will keep the team intact for the new HC after he is hired.

I'm curious about one thing that I hope comes out.

Who was the one who wanted to get rid of Gordon. Was it Hue or was it Dorsey???

For some reason I think it was Hue cause he was stressing to the team about no lying and to come and tell the truth.
Gordon then clearly was lying about how he sustained his Hamstring injury which was pretty bad, enough where the Pats didn't play him till around 4 games.

Just thinking out loud.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/01/18 02:17 PM
Hope to see some decent football yet this year. Just sorry for those who are trying.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/01/18 07:11 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
I think Dorsey doesn't wish to deal under the variable of desperation.

Deals are done cause its the furthest from the draft and from here on in Draft picks will become more and more valuable leading up to the draft itself.

I also think that we got guys who will heal and come back. We have a good foundation and no need to get desperate about a WR. We will keep the team intact for the new HC after he is hired.

I'm curious about one thing that I hope comes out.

Who was the one who wanted to get rid of Gordon. Was it Hue or was it Dorsey???

For some reason I think it was Hue cause he was stressing to the team about no lying and to come and tell the truth.
Gordon then clearly was lying about how he sustained his Hamstring injury which was pretty bad, enough where the Pats didn't play him till around 4 games.

Just thinking out loud.
I actually thought it was Dorsey that would have pulled that trigger.

I remember Hue in Dorseys office on HK giddy as a kid on Xmas "the eagle has landed the eagle has landed!", with John looking like "huh?"

Dorsey has no problem giving guys a chance - Hill, Callaway, etc. But I see him as a no BS guy - and the first hint of Josh slipping up, he ousted him.

Again, JMO.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/01/18 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

LOL. Dorsey knows how to fake a fax machine error like Sashi.
Posted By: Jaspercane Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/01/18 11:17 PM
There is nothing like another day of disappointment in the life of a Browns fan. The trade deadline passes and team management sits of its thumbs. I hear all this talk of WR this WR that. True we need WRs but if you dont get help for the OL whats the point? Teams dont even have to Blitz to get to our QB or collapse the pocket. Hard to put a pass in the hands of a WR (if he doesnt drop it anyway) if the QB is running for his life. Those first round picks are so important we may need to save them for a new QB cause Im not sure this one is going to survive the year.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 12:47 AM
Which O-line should we have traded for?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Jaspercane
There is nothing like another day of disappointment in the life of a Browns fan. The trade deadline passes and team management sits of its thumbs.

Some days are worse than others as a Browns fan,

But the trade deadline passing without a move?

It's gotta rank right up there in the top 45,000
rofl

Wait, no it doesn't it doesn't even come close.
Classic,
Welcome.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 01:42 AM
He's not a "Brown's fan." He is a "Baker fan."
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 02:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Jaspercane
There is nothing like another day of disappointment in the life of a Browns fan. The trade deadline passes and team management sits of its thumbs. I hear all this talk of WR this WR that. True we need WRs but if you dont get help for the OL whats the point? Teams dont even have to Blitz to get to our QB or collapse the pocket. Hard to put a pass in the hands of a WR (if he doesnt drop it anyway) if the QB is running for his life. Those first round picks are so important we may need to save them for a new QB cause Im not sure this one is going to survive the year.

What do two win teams normally do at the deadline? Nothing. Look at who got traded and who traded for them. 4 of the 5 players who got moved are free agents at the end of the year. The teams who traded for them are in 1st place or a game out of 1st.

We have 2 wins at the midpoint. Hopefully you grasp what that means. It means Golden Tate for an 8 game rental is not getting us to the post season. We are still rebuilding and smart rebuilding teams do not ship off a 3rd round pick to rent a slot receiver for 8 games.

And what OL was available that would have helped us?

saywhat
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 03:02 AM
Yeah, I am upset that we fired our coaches, but no sense making trades when you throw in the towel on a season. Can't blame Dorsey for that.
Posted By: cle23 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 03:07 AM
It was reported that we looked in to trading for Golden Tate, but I'm not sure how seriously. I wanted them to look at Parker from Miami, but doesn't seem like they did. I can't fault anyone for not making trades right now.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 03:21 AM
I don't think I would have given a 3rd for Tate, for a rest of the season rental. We aren't that team right now.

Miami reportedly wanted a high draft pick for Parker.
Posted By: cle23 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 03:26 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I don't think I would have given a 3rd for Tate, for a rest of the season rental. We aren't that team right now.

Miami reportedly wanted a high draft pick for Parker.

Right, I'm assuming we made the call to see what it would take, and got out well before a 3rd.

For Parker, he was inactive for quite a few games this year, and not all because of injury. He finally plays and puts up 130+ yards. I was thinking he would be cheap because he wasn't even playing, but apparently not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 10:45 AM
FOr us, I would have been more likely to give up a pick for Thomas than Tate. I think he's the type of WR we need more
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 04:34 PM
1. Do we have a 3rd round pick, didn't we use it to get TT?

WR, as stated guys are getting healthier. A very competent Higgins is back on the team practicing and a very good WR.

Keep in mind we did not target Njoku ONE TIME last game that was confusing as all heck???

Also hopefully we will use Devalve more often, Haley had some love affair with Fells who never really showed me much and honestly I was not impressed with his blocking.

Which brings us to OLmen...Good Tackles are just not available.

Nate Solder is being paid a fortune and quite frankly, Harrison actually looks better than him. As the Giants, ask Eli, You got to draft OL - possibly you can pick up decent Interior.
It was a mistake letting Schwartz walk, one of the biggest mistakes here in looking back. I and a few others were supporters of Schwartz...guy is a stud that you JUST DON"T LET GO...look around nobody gets a good OT other than the draft or an aging guy like Whitworth.

jmho
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
1. Do we have a 3rd round pick, didn't we use it to get TT?

We have our own third and New England's third. We traded last year's third rounder for Taylor.
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 05:02 PM
shocked time flies
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/02/18 05:31 PM
yeah, i thought we have both
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 03:42 PM
This is the type of player you sell the farm for:

The Jaguars are a tire fire right now.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 03:45 PM
This is the type of player you sell the farm for:

The Jaguars are a tire fire right now.

If true...
Gotta get that guy.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 03:45 PM
I think Ramsey is a brilliant player. Why are the Jags willing to trade him? If he's a malcontent at the Jags, what happens in Cleveland when there is a set back or something he doesn't like?

I don't know enough about the guy - but I'd be unlikely of giving up the farm for him.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 03:59 PM
if this is true 2 number1s and 2 number2s then make him the highest paid cornerback in the nfl
then sign Demarcus Lawrence and go to the Superbowl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 04:44 PM
There likely to consider ...

Thats what was reported ...

There likely to consider ...

We got a ways to go yet ... they may not (prolly won’t ... although if anyone won’t Purp up with a poop head its Coughlin and Marrone ...) ... they may not even consider it ... *L* ....

Why? ...

Has to be tude ... not a fan of mortgaging the farm for someone whose acting up somewhere else ...

This teams struggling .... this stuff comes more from frustration than anything else ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 05:37 PM
gotta be his attitude (and it's probably worse now that they're losing)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 05:58 PM
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 06:02 PM
All mouth and no brains....
Posted By: CalDawg Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 06:40 PM
Shefter's credibility is dropping by the minute. First Condie now this. He's either drunk tweeting or someone hacked his account.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 07:51 PM
I can’t remember the last time Schefter actually broke something of value.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 08:04 PM

Then you’re not paying attention.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 08:16 PM

Then you’re not paying attention.

I’m no Schefter expert and I don’t read everything the man puts out, but I was speaking of my memory. Which of course is why I said, I can’t remember.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 08:59 PM
Man, I had visions of Ward and Ramsey ........ grin wink

But no ... dream crushed already. crazy
Posted By: Swish Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/18/18 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
All mouth and no brains....

all-pro.
Posted By: eotab Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/19/18 03:59 PM
You never know the off season is far off...who knows who says what now, for all we know there might be FO fired in Jaguar land.

I'd throw out a 2nd rounder, the closer to the draft the more valuable picks are. I don't see us giving up a first round pick.
For anyone

jmho
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: TRADE DEADLINE! - 11/19/18 06:48 PM
I felt like last year the secondary was our biggest need ... this year I feel like Ward, Randall, and Mitchell (when he was here) made us much improved
© DawgTalkers.net