DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:01 AM

With all the speculation about Murray going number one what becomes of Rosen?

So, Arizona fires their head coach after one year?? Hires a guy who many could question. Then after trading up to get Rosen in the first; now he going to be traded after one year?

I get that Murray will be a better fit for Kingsbury's offense.

What I don't get is the decisions made.

Rosen will attract attention. He will bring more than a third rounder. Rosen was thrown into a horrible situation last year. There is no way he can be judged by that year alone.

Jay Gruden at Washington has to be thinking. "I will take Rosen".

Cousins played well there. Alex Smith is a solid pro. But he is coming off a bad injury and is getting older. Gruden likes pure pocket passers. Guys who can execute his offense.

Rosen may be a perfect fit. This guy is a very good pocket passer and will be a solid pro. If he is in the right place. Washington seems like the right place.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:06 AM
I think Washington is a good fit.

I also think that NYG, New England, Chargers, Cinci, New Orleans, Steelers, and Miami make sense.

What about AB for Rosen?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:08 AM
FWIW

JOSH ROSEN
QB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cardinals have yet to shop Josh Rosen.

This doesn't mean he won't be traded. The Cardinals aren't in active talks on Rosen but there's considerable buzz they plan to take Kyler Murray No. 1 overall. The latest rumors suggest Arizona may only get a third-round pick for Rosen.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 6, 2019, 7:05 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:17 AM

My hope is that he doesn't end up with Belechick.

All the trash that comes at this time of year. Who the hell knows?

I think he will draw a lot of interest. I know I am not buying he could be gotten for a third rounder.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:23 AM
Do you remember who I compared Rosen to before the draft?

It was Jimmy G. And BB loved Jimmy G. He was ready to move on from Brady for Jimmy G. Kraft intervened.

So, I think BB trading for Rosen to back-up Brady for a couple of years while grooming Rosen in the Patriot way makes a ton of sense to me.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 04:17 AM
You'd think pats would need to do something long term at qb. I think that this would make sense....

Washington makes sense too
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 04:21 AM
If the price is only a third round pick, then every team should be trying to trade for him. Which means the price will be more than a third round pick. If the Cardinals trade Rosen, I’d expect him to be on Washington or Miami.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 06:18 AM
I remember.

It would make sense for him.

Posted By: kwhip Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 11:17 AM
Definitely the teams with aging QBs should be all over this.

They all still have Rosens grade from the draft.

Just keep him away from Pittsburgh.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 11:25 AM
By no means is Rosen a wash. It just looks like the Cards are going all in with Murray and the new wide open system the new coach will bring.

It's kind of like when a few teams tried the run and shoot Offense. The problem then is not many players could play that O because it was a new system. The players today came up through the HS ranks playing the spread, or air raid or whatever you want to call it, so I think there is a good chance the Cards will see success.
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 12:52 PM
Oh gosh...lol its like we just "tagged you're it" to Zona as they took over for us in ineptitude.

All I know is that if they don't fix the OL don't matter who they have. At least the kid has a chance to scramble and run for his life although I don't see him learning much that way and I like him so I don't wish him to get hurt either. I think Lamar is more slippery than Murray.

jmho If still broken after 2 years look for another Regime change. Murray back to baseball... wink
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 01:12 PM
Yep, I'm thinking the GM and HC will both be gone after two more years.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:09 PM
Honestly, not sure how much faith one could have in a GM who traded up for a QB in the first round only the following season draft one in the first round again. I think that's unprecedented.

And like you said, the choice of HC is a peculiar one... however, with that said, if you're putting all your eggs in the Kingsbury basket you better get him the QB he wants. You didn't hire Kingsbury to build you a dynamic defense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:23 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread and I know you made it about Rosen, but I was just thinking about Steve Keim, the Cardinals GM.

Think about what he's done recently.

--Signed Sam Bradford to a 1 year $20 million deal.

--Signed Mike Glennon to a 2-year $8 million deal.

--Completely ignored his OL and almost got both Bradford and Rosen killed.

--Pressured Bruce Arians out of a job.

--Hired Steve Wilkes despite the latter having only one year as a DC.

--Fired Wilkes less than a year later.

--Traded up in the first round for Josh Rosen.

--Hired Kliff Kingsbury, who had a losing record at TT, as his new HC.

--Had an "Extreme DUI" where he blew .19 this summer.

--Is said to want to trade the Rosen and draft Kyler Murray w/the first overall pick.

And the dude still has a job.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't want to hijack this thread and I know you made it about Rosen, but I was just thinking about Steve Keim, the Cardinals GM.

--Is said to want to trade the Rosen and draft Kyler Murray w/the first overall pick.

so when did the browns move to the desert? rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:27 PM
It's kind of incredible when you look at all of that. And I'm sure I'm missing some of his other brilliant moves. LOL
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:41 PM

Well... the Browns would have just fired everyone. Twice.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:51 PM

No I get it. Right off you have to look at it that way.

If Murray and or Kingsbury struggles it would hard to not whack Keim.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:53 PM
I can see him in Washington, Miami, NY Giants, New Orleans, Oakland
Posted By: BADdog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:56 PM
Giants
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:57 PM
and Eli ends up ... ?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 02:58 PM
Eli has been done for two years.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
and Eli ends up ... ?

Glue factory.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 03:04 PM
Rosen sits
Posted By: TI84_Plus Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 03:42 PM
Pats
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 03:48 PM
What did Josh Rosen do in his past life that the Gods would smite him with Jim Mora Jr. as his college coach and Kliff as his NFL head coach?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

so when did the browns move to the desert? rofl

They only need to bring in sashi and hue and their transformation will be complete.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 04:09 PM
haha
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 05:15 PM
I see him going to NYG, to sit behind Eli this year, where Eli then retires.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 05:35 PM
j/c:

While I was working out earlier, I saw that the Cardinals have not actively shopped Rosen and that teams did inquire about him while at the Combine. I don't think those are the exact words, but something like that.

So, maybe this is all a big smokescreen by the Cards?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 05:39 PM

No telling.

But if the Cards are all in on Kingsbury and his offense and Kingsbury believes Murray is the trigger?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 08:10 PM
JOSH ROSEN
QB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

CBS' Jason La Canfora predicts Josh Rosen will be traded to the Redskins for a third-round pick.

La Canfora is purely speculating, but he is also convinced Kyler Murray will be the No. 1 overall pick to the Cardinals. As La Canfora points out, there are not many teams beyond the upper reaches of the draft that need a quarterback this offseason. With Nick Foles seemingly heading to the Jaguars, that does indeed leave the Redskins as perhaps the most plausible landing spot.

RELATED: Washington Redskins
SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Mar 7, 2019, 2:42 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 08:14 PM
I would be willing to bet the Pats would give up a 2nd pick for Rosen. SMH... ineptitude always finds a way to reward good teams.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/07/19 08:32 PM

If he goes it will be more than a third.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 12:47 AM
You know that I am a huge fan of continuity, but if I were a fan of the Cardinals and they moved up in the draft to take Rosen at 10 and then shipped him to another team in they NFC for a freaking 3rd pick, I would be leading the charge to have the GM fired.
Posted By: BDU Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 01:25 AM
You know that I am a huge fan of continuity, but if I were a fan of the Cardinals and they moved up in the draft to take Rosen at 10 and then shipped him to another team in they NFC for a freaking 3rd pick, I would be leading the charge to have the GM fired.

Amen. I honestly cannot understand what they're doing.

I still quite like Rosen. His situation was undeniably horrible, and I don't think his rookie performance was in any way unreasonable for a player in such a position.

It isn't the way you want to start your career, and the future looks brighter for Mayfield and Darnold, but I couldn't write off Rosen just yet.

I'm also not that high on Kyler Murray. Doesn't seem like there is a QB option in this draft that would have me willing to ship off a young talent and hedge my bets.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 01:47 AM
Sounds like Keenum to the Redskins. Doubt Rosen heads there now. La Canfora is a bum.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 03:32 AM

Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 03:47 AM
And to think, only 4 of them played for the Browns!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 03:52 AM
Lol!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 01:28 PM
That jersey was our idea, Washington!!

Get your own. rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 03:53 PM
I think it was more our reality than an idea per say.
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/08/19 04:01 PM

Not For Long...NFL
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 05:39 PM
j/c...

Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 05:41 PM
I loved Rosen as a mechanical prospect. When he started talking, the sense of entitlement was overwhelming. Then the draft came and he acted like a big baby. Asked myself how this guy was going to lead men…..
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:15 PM
Casserly is an idiot.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:22 PM

He relayed what was told to him by people with the Cardinals.

It was the same with Murray.

He has been around the game a long time and has many connections within the league.

Don't kill the messenger.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:26 PM
And then it came out that Murray turned down combine prep with Casserly. Just two days ago he was ranting about how great Murray was on the field after being called out. A lot of these talking heads are working for agents this time of year. Casserly is one of them.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:29 PM
I saw it too ... he said he was told the same thing by his sources at UCLA ... same script ....

Just consider the source on whose calling him an idiot ... same dude that wishes Sashi was still here and things VG is overpaid ... u do the math ... wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:49 PM
j/c...

Wasn't that the beef with the guy while in college?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Casserly is an idiot.

Yeah, Casserley is an idiot, but I'm not a fan of Rosen either.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:53 PM
j/c:

Huh. Sashi Brown finds himself in a Josh Rosen thread. Who is in the cult again?
Posted By: BleedsOrange Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I loved Rosen as a mechanical prospect. When he started talking, the sense of entitlement was overwhelming. Then the draft came and he acted like a big baby. Asked myself how this guy was going to lead men…..

Yep... there it is. I predict in 2 years Rosen will be nothing more than a backup. I don’t get some of the Rosen love. I can’t see the Pats doing anything with him cuz he’s not a true leader (in my opinion). Hope he proves me wrong.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Casserly is an idiot.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 07:13 PM

Believe what you choose to believe.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 07:15 PM
Busy guy. That is quite a list, that is. Makes you want to get up early just to see what today holds in store with a daunting record of achievement like that.

Is anybody keeping track of this other than Eotab?

Wow.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 07:17 PM
All anyone can do.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 07:47 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
j/c...

Ya, thats what Casserly said today ... same MO from what his sources at UCLA said ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 09:59 PM
j/c:

Did you guys accidentally miss this? Or, are you just choosing to ignore it?

Quote:

Mina Kimes
✔
@minakimes

Larry Fitzgerald on Josh (via the pod): “He’s a great teammate, really insightful. Just great to be around and he’s somebody who’s really trying to learn, always. He’s inquisitive about life and ppl like that usually find a way to be successful bc they just put the effort in.”

Scroll up to Milk's post. It was in response to Charlie's comments.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
j/c...

Ya, thats what Casserly said today ... same MO from what his sources at UCLA said ...

Thanks. I just couldn't remember if it was Rosen or not. I wasn't saying it to knock on Rosen or to prop Casserly.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 10:16 PM
j/c...

I wanted Josh Rosen last year. I live in LA. I have never heard of him not working hard.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 10:21 PM
I don't know about working hard, but there were reports about him being somewhat aloof with his mates.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Vers posted up a tweet by a teammate who supports the guy, and we have Baker.

All's good.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/11/19 11:22 PM
I want to add on to your post.

I was a huge proponent of drafting Rosen last year. But, once the draft is over.......it's over. Baker played better than Rosen last year and I'm glad Dorsey chose him.

I just don't like mindless character assassinations. Rosen does work hard. He went and worked w/a qb guru.

Also, and this is very important. The guy got the living crap beat out of him last year and didn't say a word. He stood in there and took a beating and never threw anyone under the bus. I watched Arizona and this talk about his teammates not liking him is far-fetched. You can see the clips of guys going to him and celebrating w/him on plays or helping him up after he got drilled.

It might be wise to get more information before trashing a man's character.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:24 AM
I get the impression that Casserly is taking the standard talk show antagonist role. Every show that thrives on generating talk has one person whose role it is to be the contrarian that goes against popular or established views. It seems that is what the producers and his writers have for him now; afterall, if everyone on the show agreed or nobody said anything to get people talking, the show would die quickly and quietly.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:25 AM
I agree w/you about getting people to talk.....one way or another. I never thought of Casserly as that type of dude.

I wonder what is up?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:29 AM
Most likely? Maybe the producers told him to take that role or look for work elsewhere? It's a cutthroat business and it is all about generating buzz, clicks, and views.... it takes people saying stupid things to do that, and as this thread is evidence to, it works. Hell, just look at most anything on ESPN. It all follows the same model, whether it is sports or your morning drive radio broadcast - someone will always play the contrarian and it is gone over in production meetings.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing. You could be right.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:41 AM
I just posted what casserly said cause i was watching when he made the statement ... i’m not taking sides just posted what i heard ... i didnt trash anyone’s character in this thread .... well at least not Rosens ... *L* ....

i could give a rats ass about Rosen and his work ethic ... i made NO COMMENTS about him just posted what Casserly said ... we got Bake ... he’s all i care about ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:43 AM
Not bashing anyone, bro. I just wanted to provide more truthful information.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 01:02 AM
I'm wondering if Charlie is losing it. Seriously.

I just listened and watched the video of him going off on Rosen. He sounded crazy.

He also said this:

Quote:
Casserly just said the reason the #Cowboys didn’t utilize Cole Beasley enough in 2018 is because they “threw the ball to Dez Bryant too much last year”.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:16 AM
Not bashing anyone, bro. I just wanted to provide more truthful information.

Casserly's comments - while odd - are not out-of-line with what was said about Rosen in college. Fair or not. Where there is smoke there is fire...or there is not.

Mayfield was - and is - the superior prospect...glad he is ours even if he can't throw into tight windows...oops...has sloppy mechanics making him inaccurate...ooops...can't make pre-snap reads...oooops...will be a jerk as a leader...ooooops...has 'slow' post-snap recognition...who really knows?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 12:58 PM
Will you please leave me alone? Everyone gets that you don't like me. I certainly get it. You've proven that. However, your constant attacks are beyond old.

I think the board would approve of you and I never speaking again.
Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 01:02 PM
I dunno, I am still so turned off by his draft day antics that I just cannot get over it. He acted like an entitled, spoiled, whiney baby and a poor sport about the whole thing.

I was also touting him as the best pure passer in the draft. You turn on the tape and his mechanics, touch and accuracy in college were amazing. Those pre draft rumblings turned into roars after his own comments.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 01:12 PM
That's fine. I don't care anymore. The draft is over. I was just adding a comment from an actual teammate to keep things honest. It's up to you on how much value you place on what outsiders say vs insiders.

I'm done w/the subject.
Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 01:14 PM
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 02:46 PM
I'm wondering if Charlie is losing it. Seriously.

I just listened and watched the video of him going off on Rosen. He sounded crazy.

He also said this:

Quote:
Casserly just said the reason the #Cowboys didn’t utilize Cole Beasley enough in 2018 is because they “threw the ball to Dez Bryant too much last year”.

I just see the dudes hair and change the channel.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I just see the dudes hair and change the channel.

You're being kind calling that pelt glued atop his head, hair.
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 03:57 PM
Mike Mayock got hired as GM...Casserly is making noise so they don't forget he's out there...lol laugh

Meanwhile Trent Brown as LT big time acquisition for them. Mayock gets it.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:11 PM
Quote:
Meanwhile Trent Brown as LT big time acquisition for them. Mayock gets it.

He does?

I think that they badly overpaid for an average, at best, LT. Then you take into consideration that they already seemed to have their LT in Kolton Miller. Then they trade away their high quality starting RG, Kelechi Osemele. Are the Raiders going to move Miller to the right side? Does he fit at RT? If he doesn't, then they wasted last year's #1.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:15 PM
I agree with U on Brown .... he’s average on a good day ... they way way way overpaid for him ..

Miller STUNK last year .... he’s being moved to RT ... he may stink there also ... *L* ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:23 PM
I might be mistaken, but I thought that Miller improved quite a bit as the year went by.

I seem to recall that they had injuries to their Guards as well.
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:26 PM
Got news for you...FA anyone you get that isn't 2nd tier you are grossly over paying for them.

You all are so concerned about WRs...he gets it cause his concern was OL.

I wanted Trent but not at that price. Raiders needed OL as in DESPERATELY!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:29 PM
The argument is he isn't 1st tier.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:34 PM
Giving a so-so LT the largest ever average contract for a LT, with huge guarantees, is not sensible.

Will he upgrade their OL? Maybe. Maybe not.

If I remember correctly, Brown was one of the lowest rated pass blocking OT in the league last year. (PFF)

Yep. Here t is. They also make mention of how Brady's quick decisions/release helped Brown (and the rest of the Pats OL) immensely.

Raiders to sign former Patriots LT Trent Brown, but is he worth the money? | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...worth-the-money

When the Oakland Raiders handed offensive lineman Trent Brown a record-breaking deal that made him the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, they did it for one reason: security. They want Derek Carr or whoever is behind center to not have to worry about the blindside. Just because they paid a high price though, doesn’t necessarily mean it will come true. Don’t get me wrong, Trent Brown’s improvement over the past couple of seasons has been inspired, but he still has a very long way to go until he’s mentioned in the same breath as the league’s best pass protectors.

Among all offensive tackles that played at least 800 snaps in the NFL last year, Brown’s pass-blocking grade ranked 37th. It’s impressive that he was able to play at such a high level on the left side after playing right tackle the three years prior in San Francisco, but that’s not exactly an inspiring number. Of those 49 qualifying tackles, his 33 pressures allowed ranked 33rd. Those numbers simply aren’t close to elite production. While that certainly represents an upgrade over Kolton Miller who was in the bottom three of both those categories, they aren’t close to elite.

It’s worth noting that those numbers also come in one of the most favorable schemes in the NFL for linemen. Tom Brady’s quick release combined with offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia make life easier on offensive linemen. The same cannot be said for offensive line coach Tom Cable whose lines have ranked in the bottom three in terms of pass-blocking grade in each of the past four seasons. Brown has immense physical talent, and he’ll likely be better at left tackle in year two at the position, but this move hasn’t secured the blindside in the way the money would suggest.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/12/19 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
The argument is he isn't 1st tier.

Yep. Raiders will have buyer's remorse. Bad deal.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:12 AM
I did not want to start a new thread and I couldn't find anywhere else to put this, but did you guys see that Kingsbury is going to give his players breaks every 20-30 minutes during meetings so they can get cell phones for social media breaks.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2019/03/kli...-criticism.html
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:25 AM
What an ass.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:29 AM
Wow...........it's not like they are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (on the low end) to millions of dollars. I guess expecting them to leave their damn phones at the door is asking too much?
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:32 AM
I did not want to start a new thread and I couldn't find anywhere else to put this, but did you guys see that Kingsbury is going to give his players breaks every 20-30 minutes during meetings so they can get cell phones for social media breaks.

OMG OMG COACH .. I GOTTA HAVE A BREAK .. I GOTTA SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT ME
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:34 AM
He was a questionable hire to begin with. Dude had a losing record at Texas Tech and was fired. He is being laughed at right now w/the social media comment.

As a former teacher, I understand giving people breaks. Research shows that 45 minutes is as long as you can go w/out having people lose their attention span, but the dude should have never said he wanted the players to have a social media break.

I have a feeling this hire will not end well for the Cardinals.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:36 AM
That's actually hard to believe.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:14 AM
j/c

Considering most of his players are going to be millenials, it actually kind of makes sense. Social media policies are fairly standard in most big businesses.

I'm not sure I'd have worded it the way he did, but that's probably what guys would be doing during any break. I'm guessing the breaks are relatively short, so what else would they have time to do?

Guys hopping on their phones/tablets during breaks is probably what happened at Texas Tech, and he's resigned himself to it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:15 AM

Jim Tomsula did this when he was the head coach of the 49ers. I bet other coaches do it and we just don’t know about it.

People learn differently. It is important to know who you are teaching and adapt accordingly.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:16 AM
I believe he also did this at Texas Tech.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:19 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Jim Tomsula did this when he was the head coach of the 49ers. I bet other coaches do it and we just don’t know about it.

People learn differently. It is important to know who you are teaching and adapt accordingly.

Yep. He's just trying to keep them focused.

"I think coming from the college ranks to obviously, those young men, it's got to be quick hitters, 20 minutes at a time, give them a break and get them back in," he said. "We want to make sure that when we have them, they're focused, and they're locked in, and we're maximizing their time.

"So if we've got to split it up or have shorter meetings, that's what we do."
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:30 AM
In other news, it seems like the Rosen trade rumors are starting to heat up.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:34 AM
On that note....

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:36 AM
On that note....

I totally agree with taking a QB first if you don't think you have the guy on the team. With that said, letting Steve Keim make this decision is a disaster for the Cardinals. His track record since Arians left has been horrible.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:40 AM
I'm so happy we are set at qb.....
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 03:48 AM
we gotta get that guy !!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 10:33 AM

Next up.....milk, cookies, and mandatory naps for all players during practice.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 11:26 AM

Seems kind of crazy to me but I don't have a big problem with it.

Face it, times are different these days with the younger players. If giving a 5 minute pause helps them focus better for 30 minutes, maybe it's a good idea.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 11:33 AM
Quote:
“You start to see kind of hands twitching and legs shaking, and you know they need to get that social media fix, so we’ll let them hop over there

Is he talking about his players or his children?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 11:58 AM
Quote:
“You start to see kind of hands twitching and legs shaking, and you know they need to get that social media fix, so we’ll let them hop over there

No kidding. Unless there's some sound science behind this, it doesn't really make sense. I can see frequent breaks to let the material sink in, but jumping right to your twitter account every 20 minutes, completely distracted from what was just taught, doesn't seem like an effective teaching method.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:11 PM
j/c:

I'm going to say this again since there is some disagreement about the breaks. Research has shown that breaks should be given every 45-50 minutes. It's not every 20 minutes. It's 45 minutes.

I also think that allowing people to talk casually and/or use the restroom are far more productive if your intentions are to build a positive team culture than saying that the break is intended for social media. However, my stance would not be to outlaw phones because there are times when people need to check in w/family via text messages. I don't think Facebook and Twitter breaks are very intelligent means to unwind.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 12:27 PM

It's just unbelievable.. what is he thinking
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:08 PM
Read us another story Coach PLLEEAASSSEEEEE

Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:23 PM
I'm so happy the Browns curse was lifted and those demon spirits floated all the way to Arizona!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

You are joking, but teams literally have nap chambers at the facilities.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:10 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
I'm so happy the Browns curse was lifted and those demon spirits floated all the way to Arizona!

I would have enjoyed it more if our curse floated only a short distance of 120 miles to pittsburgh.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:18 PM

Well the Browns had that RV last year, is that what your thinking of? Gotta remember, that was used by the QB's during time away from the field or classroom study,,
Posted By: KyDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:28 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: eotab

I would have enjoyed it more if our curse floated only a short distance of 120 miles to pittsburgh.

They have created their own curse of letting the lunatics (players) run the asylum. When Ben was younger it didn't hurt them as much, but age catches up to everybody, the losses will be following soon.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Well the Browns had that RV last year, is that what your thinking of? Gotta remember, that was used by the QB's during time away from the field or classroom study,,

No. Teams have rooms to nap in at the facility. Sleep study has been huge in all sports the last couple of years. Most NBA teams require their players to nap at certain times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/sports/basketball/07naps.html

Napping is also becoming more common in regular workplaces.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kaytiezimmerman/2018/02/01/time-start-taking-naps-work/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

No kidding. Unless there's some sound science behind this, it doesn't really make sense. I can see frequent breaks to let the material sink in, but jumping right to your twitter account every 20 minutes, completely distracted from what was just taught, doesn't seem like an effective teaching method.

Maybe they found an algorithm.

rofl

So much for accountability.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:36 PM

So ... what is he going to do during games?

"Hey refs, hold up a minute. My players need a social media break." ??? crazy

Halftime will be a social media break, instead of going over the 1st half, and then 2nd half adjustments?

My favorite thing about this is that he evidently said he did it at Texas Tech, with good results. The guy went 35-40 at Tech, with his only winning season being his 1st at the school. Yep. Good results, for sure. crazy

There are ways to structure a team's meetings and practices so that the players don't start tuning out, but this just reeks of a total lack of discipline.

"Coach, isn't it time for our phone break yet?"

"No Billy. There is still 4:23 left in the half."

"Aww .. can't we just forfeit or something? I am expecting a really important meme." banghead
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 02:58 PM

No. Teams have rooms to nap in at the facility. Sleep study has been huge in all sports the last couple of years. Most NBA teams require their players to nap at certain times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/sports/basketball/07naps.html

Napping is also becoming more common in regular workplaces.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kaytiezimmerman/2018/02/01/time-start-taking-naps-work/

We have a "quiet room" at my office that I've used for naps a few times. It's just a room set aside with a wall-mounted waterfall and two recliners in it.
Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 03:27 PM
There is virtually zero chance this Kingsberry trial works out.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 03:34 PM
On that note....

Back to this... I have to think the Giants would be dumb not to use their 2nd 1st round pick (the one we gave them) for Rosen. They have NOTHING behind Eli. I liked Lauletta, but now I don't... the Giants are going to waste Barkley unless they do something at the quarterback position. Gettleman could salvage his awfulness with a move like this.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 03:42 PM
I don't think that a Rosen trade will bring a 1st round pick in return.

There are reportedly 3 teams in play for him.

Patriots
Chargers
Giants

One team has reportedly offered a 2nd round pick. There could be a huge swing on that value, from 35,(Giants) to Chargers,(60) to Patriots. (64)

It'll be interesting to see where he winds up, and what value he has.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 03:58 PM
20-30 mins is too short, should be more like 45-50 then break for the last 10 of an hour.

Other question is, how long is the break? I didn't see that in the article.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 05:34 PM

I've read that the Giants aren't as interested as it seems... and that it's the Chargers who are the front runners for Rosen. That's fine. Let him go there and let the Giants suck... Gettleman destroyed that franchise.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 05:36 PM
Man, I don't know if I would even want to go to the Giants if I was a good qb.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 06:08 PM
I am blown away at how much Rosen's stock has dropped after one year. Some QB's take a year to grow. (see Goff) I think NE or SD will end up with him and every other team will be kicking themselves.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I am blown away at how much Rosen's stock has dropped after one year. Some QB's take a year to grow. (see Goff) I think NE or SD will end up with him and every other team will be kicking themselves.

I am also amazed... Was he really that bad? Did he have much help around him?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 08:03 PM
Draft picks always lose value until they prove they've lived up to their draft status. Rosen didn't have any help around him but he also didn't have the opportunity to live up to his draft status.

This really isn't surprising at all.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 08:06 PM
Rosen was in a very bad position last year. His team was depleted and pathetic.

I see this as a Jared Goff situation also.

My opinion is that Rosen will become a solid NFL qb once he settles with a stable organization.

Kingsberry will fail with his college offense led by OVERRATED Kyler Murray. Check Chip Kelly.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/28/19 08:11 PM
I didn't like Rosen at all coming out of college. However if the Cards want to dump him for a 6th round pick he would make a good 3rd string QB for us angel
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 04:44 AM

Rosen is a system quarterback. Pure passer. I am not surprised by a second round mention. His stock was going slide a little.

All the "personalty" questions that surrounded him?? Who knows?

If the Patriots get him. That is an indicator that he is worth it.

In the Patriots system I could see Rosen looking real good.
Posted By: myka Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 04:51 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Rosen is a system quarterback. Pure passer. I am not surprised by a second round mention. His stock was going slide a little.

All the "personalty" questions that surrounded him?? Who knows?

If the Patriots get him. That is an indicator that he is worth it.

In the Patriots system I could see Rosen looking real good.

Considering Matt Cassel and Jacoby Brissett both looked like All Stars I think you're right.

Heck, even Tom Brady seems good naughtydevil
Posted By: FATE Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 05:52 AM

I don't get the stock dropping because I thought he had a pretty solid second half. However, the Cardinals set the stock price by simply making him available after one season - so they're definitely not getting a 1st round in return. If he's sitting on my bench, his stock is just as valuable in 2020... he's not going anywhere this year if I'm in charge. Having a viable NFL starter after going all-in, two seasons in a row, is a pretty solid insurance policy should things go south with Kyler. Why trade him now?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 11:51 AM

This is fun. Always enjoy Orlovsky's breakdowns...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 12:29 PM
I enjoy Orlovsky's breakdowns, as well. He brings some passion to the analysis.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 12:50 PM
But if the reports of his personality and attitude are even a bit true, does Arizona think he would become a problem if benched to sit behind Murray? That could be reason enough to let him go.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 12:56 PM
I've been watching this unfold for weeks now,, and I'm wondering, is this another smoke screen to see what they can get for the First pick in the draft.. I mean it's not like stuff like this hasn't happened before around draft time.
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 03/29/19 02:14 PM
I am at that age...put on the TV with sports, and I'm that Grandpa in the recliner. Sports just relaxes me like nothing else. Just has me not thinking of anything else and poof, out like a light!...But try to touch that remote and its like spidey senses...
rofl
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 06:28 PM
Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1121838080653238273
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

Works for both sides. Should have had this done before the draft though, but whatever.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 07:13 PM
Once Zona drafted Murray at #1 it severely hurt their leverage to trade Rosen. Most of the league knew they were going to draft Murray and knew they could just wait and get Rosen at a bargain price. This was an ill conceived plan from the beginning and shows why there are winners and losers in this league.

It's nice to finally be one of the winners for a change.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Works for both sides. Should have had this done before the draft though, but whatever.

Kind of my thought too unless Miami wanted to see how the first round played out.. only thing I could think of is they wanted to see if Haskins was available, which he was, and they still didn't take him. Is it possible they were hoping JONES would be available? I guess that's a possibility.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 10:14 PM
I think it was the Cards that waited to pull the trigger. I think they knew that Murray was their guy but I would bet that they had teams interested in trading up to the 1st pick and they didn't want to trade Rosen till they knew for sure that they were gonna draft Murray and not trade the pick to someone else.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/26/19 10:19 PM
I think Pit's thoughts hold some water and the market for Rosen took a hit and his stock dropped.

I don't for sure, but i'm guessing miami knew they could get better value with rosen as the 2nd rd pick than Haskins in the first rd and whatever leftover for the second rd pick.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:24 AM
Full terms, per source:

Dolphins trade: Pick 62

Cardinals trade: QB Josh Rosen, a 2020 fifth-rounder.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:25 AM
Miami got a 2020 5th as well? crazy

Man, if I'm the owner of the Cardinals, I'm seriously considering firing my GM.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:27 AM
What a cluster. Criminal they gave up on him already, with no talent and no line.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:31 AM
Just to tie this all up:

The Cardinals traded their 2018 1st, (15th) 3rd, (79th) 5th, (152nd) and a 2020 5th, for the Dolphins 2019 2nd. (62nd) crazy Wow.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:37 AM
Oh, and it also cost the Cards almost $18 million. rofl

Murray better be one of the all time greats, and Rosen better not be.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:09 AM
True.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:12 AM
What a steal by the Dolphins.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:17 AM
OK, they have corrected the trade.

The Dolphins are sending the Cardinals a 2020 5th rounder, not the other way around.

That makes all the difference in the world. rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:19 AM
It does make a difference.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:26 AM
Yeah, but really, not much.

The Cardinals gave up #15 overall in 2018, a 3rd, and a 5th ..... and 1 year and $17.6 million later, they trade him for the 62nd overall, and a 2020 5th.

Crazy.

If Rosen turns into a competent starting QB, and Murray struggles, the crap storm will bury Cardinals HQ.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:35 AM
j/c:

So, Rosen goes from Arizona who had the worst OL in in the league to Miami who has a bottom of the league. Miami's O was ranked 31st in the league last year. Dude is snake bit.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:40 AM
They did take a Guard today .... and for Rosen's sake, I hope they are looking at every OL who is, or could be available.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:45 AM
If the Phins were smart, they would start Fitz this year and let Rosen watch while they continue to develop the roster. The problem is that their roster sucks so bad, they will bench Fitz early like AZ did to Bradford last year and put Rosen in w/inferior talent.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:55 AM
I hope Rosen has the last laugh...:) He was very classy through the whole drama.

The Cardinals' mickey mouse O will not cut it in the NFL.

Ask Chip Kelly.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 01:23 PM
j/c:

So, Rosen goes from Arizona who had the worst OL in in the league to Miami who has a bottom of the league. Miami's O was ranked 31st in the league last year. Dude is snake bit.

We are never going to know how good Rosen could have been. He is about to get Tim Couched.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 02:05 PM
The Dolphins played this well.

The Dolphins traded from 48 to 62, adding a 2020 2nd round pick as well as a 6th in the deal. They then traded 62 and a 2020 5th for Rosen. (while keeping the 2020 2nd and the 6th)
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 02:44 PM
Quote:

We are never going to know how good Rosen could have been. He is about to get Tim Couched.

I don't know that I necessarily agree with this sentiment. Maybe it's true. I dunno.

I think the situation plays a role but I also think when it comes to a quarterback you either have it or you don't. I don't think Couch had it but he's also not considered a complete bust in my mind. I don't think Anderson had it either. Baker has it.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 02:47 PM
I agree they played it well.

I also thought they traded #62 for Rosen and a 5th rd pick. They fleeced the cardinals.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I agree they played it well.

I also thought they traded #62 for Rosen and a 5th rd pick. They fleeced the cardinals.

It was later corrected to Rosen for a 2nd (62) and a 2020 5th.

Crazy thing is that, as the draft picks all wash out, it could be argued that the Dolphins got Rosen for a swap of a 5th for a 6th. lol
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 03:37 PM
It will be interesting how all this looks in 4 years. Success, failure, mediocrity. Whatever happens, with these two teams/QBs will forever be compared.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 05:48 PM
I think Rosen to Miami was a good deal for the Dolphins. I think he's got a lot to learn and can still develop into a decent QB. He's a step up from Tanney in regards to his arm and upside.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 07:33 PM
Cards seemed really fleeced to me. Just looked like it was a step backwards. I think Rosen might develop well, just a matter of when and with which team?

Still, just a trade had me scratching my head a bit.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Still, just a trade had me scratching my head a bit.

It's a catch-22. You have to let teams know that you want to trade him, but once you do that you kill the market because everyone knows you're drafting Murray.

They got fleeced, but the value they got isn't horrible considering everyone knew they were going to trade him.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 08:17 PM
It's a catch-22. You have to let teams know that you want to trade him, but once you do that you kill the market because everyone knows you're drafting Murray.

They got fleeced, but the value they got isn't horrible considering everyone knew they were going to trade him.

The value you get depends on how many suitors you have as well though.

It's not like the Dolphins were competeting with themselves.

I mean, i think they got a steal. I definitely think the Cardinals got fleeced, but that's the best they could get.

Josh Rosen was in a bad situation last year. IMO he's better than any second round QB, and with the fifth year option, he's on a four year contract, just like any of them. I'd certainly rather have him than Drew Lock.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 08:20 PM
It was terrible value for the Cards.

They took a kid, and ruined his value in one single season.

They gave up the 15th overall, along with a 3rd, a 5th, and a 6th in this year's trade, to get back a late 2nd and a 2020 5th.

That's worse than the Browns did throughout the various different front office iterations we've seen in Cleveland.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 04/27/19 08:31 PM
Once they knew they were taking Murray he was a sunk cost.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 12:23 AM
Arizona is the new Browns
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 12:27 AM
what if they pick Tua next year
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 12:30 AM

All in all this was a series of unusual events.

They fire Wilks after one season. Then hire Kingsbury.

Kingsbury is brought in to bring a new offense. The guy he has always wanted to run his offense is Murray.

They have the first pick in the draft. So, all in they jump on Murray.

Rosen is odd man out. He really did not do anything wrong. He played for the worst team in football. He played behind a horrible OL. Took a beating. All things considered he did not play bad.

The Cards could not keep him. No way that would work. So they got what they could.

Now Rosen goes to another bad team. New head coach with a roster in need.

And Rosen thought getting drafted by the Browns would be a bad thing?

Time will tell how this all works out. Lots of factors at play.

Glad the Browns are where we are.

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 12:36 AM
It's weird that, a year after I wanted us to draft him, he went to Zona and now Miami.

Meanwhile, I'm so grateful we took Bake. smile
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 01:44 AM
Karma.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 01:51 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Arizona is the new Browns

I would have said the Giants. Trade away their best players, pass on good players, draft lesser players in the first round.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 02:03 AM
j/c:

Good God!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 11:01 AM
j/c

Kudos to Rosen for walking away from that debacle with a lot of class. That video goodbye he did was excellent. He's the real winner in this deal.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Josh Rosen - 04/28/19 12:19 PM
Agreed
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Josh Rosen - 04/29/19 08:09 PM
This is a long, but very good analysis of Rosen's rookie season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2E4ihqlrU
Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 04/29/19 08:12 PM
This is a home run for the Dolphins. Played hardball and won big time.

I've been super critical of Rosen and his arrogance since the draft left a bad taste in my mouth (so did Haskins if I am being honest). I think not only is this a steal for the Phins, it is exactly what Rosen needed. He should be humbled and ready to prove people wrong......awesome situation for them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 04/29/19 09:50 PM
This is a home run for the Dolphins. Played hardball and won big time.

I've been super critical of Rosen and his arrogance since the draft left a bad taste in my mouth (so did Haskins if I am being honest). I think not only is this a steal for the Phins, it is exactly what Rosen needed. He should be humbled and ready to prove people wrong......awesome situation for them.

Sometimes, people make the wrong impressions on people. This doesn't sound so arrogant to me.

Quote:

Josh Rosen offers classy goodbye to Arizona

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2019, 4:36 PM EDT

The Cardinals traded Josh Rosen to the Dolphins the day after drafting Kyler Murray to replace him, but Rosen is handling the situation with class.

Rosen offered a goodbye message to Arizona on Instagram.

“Cardinals fans, thank you so much for all the continued support this past year. I know we didn’t win as many games as we all would have had hoped, but I had an unbelievable time in the desert,” Rosen said. “Unfortunately my time here is coming to an end, but you guys are really getting a great player in Kyler Murray. He’s going to do great things for the Red Sea. Kyler, I just want to congratulate you and your family for getting drafted. Arizona is a really special place and you’re going to love playing and living here.”

Rosen then turned his attention to his new team.

“Miami, I couldn’t be more excited to become a Dolphin. I’m ready to attack this new chapter in my life and give you guys everything I have each and every day,” Rosen said.

And Rosen closed with a joke about Murray potentially buying his place.

“Kyler, one more thing. An awesome two-bedroom in Old Town just came on the market so let me know if you’re interested and I think I can get you a pretty good deal,” Rosen said.

It was a warm and funny way to say goodbye, one that’s going to endear Rosen to Arizona fans and make Miami fans think they’ve just landed an easy player to cheer for.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/27/josh-rosen-offers-classy-goodbye-to-arizona/

Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 04/30/19 01:24 PM
That is exactly what I mean, he went from "9 mistakes taken before me" to that video quoted in the article in one, very humbling year. Absolute STEAL for the Phins.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 04/30/19 01:32 PM
That is exactly what I mean, he went from "9 mistakes taken before me" to that video quoted in the article in one, very humbling year. Absolute STEAL for the Phins.

Or he struggles again behind a bad offensive line.
Posted By: BpG Re: Josh Rosen - 04/30/19 01:37 PM
and maybe the worst WR core in football.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Josh Rosen - 04/30/19 02:48 PM

Or he struggles again behind a bad offensive line.

I dunno if their OL is that bad really. (After looking at the roster it might be)

He will face Ed Oliver and Quinnen Williams twice a year, though, which doesn't bode particularly well.

Also has an underwhelming group of receivers. Some interesting YAC guys, but getting them the ball in the first place could be a challenge. Might be able to scheme some easy throws with them though. Quick hitters out of stacks sort of stuff.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 06:20 PM
j/c:

Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 06:37 PM
They both look thrilled to be playing for the Dolphins.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 06:49 PM
j/c:

I said in a thread after watching Rosen in i believe his first preseason game, he was going to bust.

I could tell by his body language, how he reacted to his players, how his players were reacting to him, and other noticeable factors he was going to fail (MIND YOU that i wanted Rosen at draft time). After watching that, i was thrilled we didn't draft him.

Looking at this picture, it seems none of those body language ques have left. He doesn't want to play football. Well better put, he doesn't LOVE playing football. Its a means to success and money for him. He will happily stick around for a few years, collect his money, and fade into existence to start a business later in life. He just doesn't have that drive or love for the game.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 06:53 PM
Since they have similar expressions, would you say the same thing about Ryan Fitzpatrick?

This picture looks like an outtake. No way a photographer takes that picture, looks at it, and is like "nailed it, take this to print".
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 07:04 PM
Quote:
Looking at this picture, it seems none of those body language ques have left. He doesn't want to play football. Well better put, he doesn't LOVE playing football. Its a means to success and money for him. He will happily stick around for a few years, collect his money, and fade into existence to start a business later in life. He just doesn't have that drive or love for the game.

All this from looking at a picture. Very impressive.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Since they have similar expressions, would you say the same thing about Ryan Fitzpatrick?

This picture looks like an outtake. No way a photographer takes that picture, looks at it, and is like "nailed it, take this to print".
Those are not similar pictures. Watch Rosen play, watch his body language. he constantly lackluster, blaming others, running past teammates not acknowledging them or giving much credit, etc.

Hes a bum.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 09:18 PM
Looks like "bring your kid to work" day.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 10:18 PM

The one thing I will say in regards to Miami, Fitz, and Rosen.

If Rosen does not beat Fitz out to become the starter; Rosen's career will take a big hit.

Fitz is a smart veteran. He is capable at times. But at this point he should be considered a backup.

This is an opportunity for Rosen to move his career in the right direction.

However, he has to beat Fitz out to become the starter.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 10:27 PM
Doesn't look like anyone woke up feeling Dangerous brownie
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 10:46 PM
It might actually be better for Rosen’s career to chill out for several games instead of getting killed on that horrible Dolphin team.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 10:52 PM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Doesn't look like anyone woke up feeling Dangerous brownie

Looks like they woke up lifting their arm, *sniff sniff*, naa, I don’t need a shower yet.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 11:25 PM

I don't see it that way.

IMO. whatever the state of the Miami team it doesn't matter.

Whether the team is good, or bad. OL, receivers, RB's etc. if they were only to win a few games. Rosen has to show he can be a stater. He has to prove he can lead a team.

Will the win/loss record be laid at his feet? Of course.

But even if they lose he can still show he belongs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Josh Rosen - 07/10/19 11:32 PM
I was talking more about the sad state of the Dolphins offensive line and Rosen getting his head taken off.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 09:47 AM
He looked bad in Arizona. Josh is not a runner or a scrambler and must have a good o-line in the NFL to have any success. The problem is that he went to the Dolphins who may have a worse o-line than the Cards do.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 05:51 PM
He looked bad in Arizona. Josh is not a runner or a scrambler and must have a good o-line in the NFL to have any success. The problem is that he went to the Dolphins who may have a worse o-line than the Cards do.

Getting rid of the ball quickly can help cover up a less than great OL. Look at Brady in NE. He gets the ball out in less than 2 seconds which makes a somewhat unheralded OL (more so before being drafted and getting the Brady bump) look good. Is it a coincidence that Miami's new HC faced that offense at practice every day? Flores should be pretty familiar with it. Miami has somewhat similar receivers in that Welker/Edelman, shifty slot mold.

Whether Rosen can pull that style of offense off remains to be seen. It's probably his best bet though. Unfortunately, that style wouldn't appear to be the best fit for Fitzmagic.

I'm still not Rosen's biggest fan, but that's because I can't decide if he's well coached or (/and) sincere when it comes to the media. It's too soon to make any conclusions about him on the field, though.

Who is the OC there now?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 07:25 PM
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Miami+Dolphins+offensive+coordinator

')
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 07:59 PM
That took awhile ... any chance u can make the “video” quicker ... wink ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 08:05 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dolphins%20offensive%20coordinator&s=g
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
It's too soon to make any conclusions about him on the field, though.

No it's not.
I have nothing nice to say;

Carry on. thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 08:27 PM
rofl ...

Thanks ... that was great ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 08:28 PM
YO LAMP ...

Want me to ask Y-town if he will get Vers’s coffee for him ... wink ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
YO LAMP ...

Want me to ask Y-town if he will get Vers’s coffee for him ... wink ...

I don't drink coffee, so I sure ain't carrying it for anyone else. rofl
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Josh Rosen - 07/11/19 09:39 PM
lol!
Posted By: eotab Re: Josh Rosen - 07/12/19 12:58 PM
j/c:

rofl
© DawgTalkers.net