DawgTalkers.net
I saw someone yesterday posted a video of Andrew Hawkins telling everyone that the Browns, not the Cowboys, are American's team. So are we? When I get into my car to go anywhere for a 5-10 minute drive, I almost always hear the local San Diego sports-talk radio guys talk about the Browns at some point. Just this morning, they ran a poll to see who "won the free agency season", and the Browns won with nearly three quarters of the vote. The one guy even said, "I'm tuning into every Browns game I can this season, they're going to be fun! I wish they were on Hard Knocks again this season."

If you think about it, unless you're a divisional rival, how could you not pull for us? It started with us going 1-31 for two season. That got us the pity vote for a large number of fans and other suffering fan bases. We then drafted a hugely popular college QB in Baker Mayfield. The state of Oklahoma nearly became Browns fans overnight. We then got picked for Hard Knocks, where the rest of the country sort of gained an affinity for the rest of the team and our cast of characters. We turned our season around half-way through and became a plucky underdog that people couldn't help but root for. And now we've had an extremely successful off-season. The bandwagon is loading up.

I do wonder how many Primetime games we'll get. This is a team that people want to watch. I just hope we don't get too many obnoxious Johnny Come'Latelys that couldn't even name a player from the 0-16 season. Any non-Ohioans seeing what I'm seeing? Everywhere I go, people are talking Browns.
The way the last couple of days have gone, it's sure looks like that could be the case.

I was in a sports bar in NYC last season. We were having a good day, I forget who we were playing. Out of no where a group of Eagles fans started chanting here we go Brownies here we Go! I had non Browns fans congratulating me after games some on the street as I was walking home. People want us to win. Unless we are playing them wink. Yesterday Bayless says we are must watch football. He hates us, hates Baker, probably hates OBJ.
There's a lot of reason for optimism. The team is pretty loaded, they won some games last year, already added some really good players to the roster and the draft isn't even here yet. It's an exciting time.
I am in Aberdeen, MD temporarily for work reasons, and every channel, every day they are saying “finally the Browns are starting to look good” and “we are so happy for the fans”. I think I am seeing what you’re seeing; the spin has been definitely positive.
there are some Brits that like us too...lol laugh

No actually ever since we did that HBO series and then got Baker in the action we became the darlings of America I think...everybody I know of is rooting for us except for those Steeler fans here in NY!
I'm not sure I would say we're America's Team. But I will say this.....

Everyone has complained how the media has ragged on the Browns. And that's quite true. The problem is we've deserved every bit of it. We've SUCKED! And when you suck, you'll hear about it.

But now that every indication is we've turned the corner in a very big way, there's one thing people love much more than ragging on an awful team. They love a good underdog story. That rags to riches tale. Everybody roots for the underdog and we're that story now.
In order to be "America's team", you have to have superstar players, who people almost desperately want to watch play.

We have Baker, and Landry, and OBJ, and Chubb, and Myles ..... these are all guys people are drawn to, and want to watch do their thing. We have the superstars, and we have the story. Yeah, we're America's team right now.
Yeah, I was just thinking the other day that everyone loved the Cowboys in the 90's because they had the troika of Aikman, Smith and Irving. Well, now we've got our own branched troika of Baker, Chubb/Hunt, and Beckham/Landry.
The Browns are getting a ton of love from the national media right now. It's a lot of fun.
The first debate should be, what does "Americas Team" actually mean?

Right now we are the loveable loser turn around story, flavor of the month... most people love the rags to riches story and root for the hero to achieve great success... then once they have the success for a while, people start to hate them, envy them, wish harm on them.. that's how it goes.

Right now we are being swept up in the feel-good tide and a lot of people are happy for us... if we actually achieve the level of success people are talking about, within a couple years those same people will be sick of us and trying to tear us down...

For the record, I think the notion that there really is an "America's Team" is a myth...

Here is my theory.

We have been the franchise that everybody craped on. Poked fun at. And we obliged going 1-31 over two years.

Everyone loves a "Rocky" story. "Seabiscuit".

Now we rise up with Baker Mayfield. Baker brings that edge. We get Landry another guy with an edge. And now we get Landry's partner OBJ.

We have become must see TV.

I lived in Atlanta a long time. In 1990 the Braves ended up in last place. In 1991 they won the first of 14 straight divisions championships and went to xtra innings of the seventh game of the World Series.

The town went bonkers.

The Browns story is made for Hollywood. "Draft Day".

Now with all that has happened people want to see us. Sure put us back on Hard Knocks.

If we were to win the Super Bowl.

Forget about it. We would be the toast of the NFL.
Originally Posted By: bonefish

WHEN we win the Super Bowl.

Forget about it. We WILL be the toast of the NFL.

Fixed it for you wink
one of the announcers has been saying it since week 12 of last season. Can't remember his name. He was pretty much... spot on.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The Browns are getting a ton of love from the national media right now. It's a lot of fun.

It is, but it's a little concerning. Can't let it go to our heads. Still need to stay hungry.

No reason not to enjoy it for a bit, though.
Walked by a monitor at the gym and ESPN is showing "Baker Mayfield's top throws". I love all the national attention, but can we please revoke ESPN's team credentials after all of their crapping on us for so many years?
Most fans jump on the bandwagon kinda late. When we start putting 50 points a game on the board, then we'll suddenly be America's team.
Even if we went 19-0 we wouldn't be "America's team". If the Patriots haven't taken control of that nickname after winning all those Super Bowls, we won't be after one awesome single season run.

Now, if the term is really saying every city will be rooting for us 2nd behind their own team, I can maybe see that, but that will only last until we beat a few of them and they won't like us dancing around in the endzone.

We're a nice offseason story, but we're still "Cleveland" to most of them. Heck, how many non-Cleveland fans were rooting for the Cavaliers after 2016? Maybe a few were on our side because they were sick of the Warriors, but they were also sick of us dominating the East too.
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Most fans jump on the bandwagon kinda late. When we start putting 50 points a game on the board, then we'll suddenly be America's team.

I don't know that we are going to put up 50 points very often....probably none, but we will get a few crappy night games that aren't on Sunday.

I don't like Thursday and Monday night games.

Sunday is the NFL gameday. I like games on Sunday. To me, waking up on Sunday is gameday.
I hate Thursday Night games because they usually suck and Most Monday Night games because I usually have to watch them on ESPN, but a Browns Monday Night game I can watch local. brownie
we're going to be a MAJOR talking point all year ... let's hope we can stay above water and keep swimming with the wave
Originally Posted By: Dave

I LOVE IT.

Here We Go, Brown's, Here We Go!!!!!

I can't wait to hear from Kosar's. He's gotta be STOKED.
I was out yesterday with my Browns hat on. A worker at Chick-fil-A asked if he should jump on the bandwagon. That has never happened to me before. This is going to be weird.
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

This has all the feel of loading up an OU-type offense, with Baker at the controls of a high powered machine that's capable of "hanging half a hundred" any given game.

"America's Team" started with the Cowboy's "Dandy" Don Meredith, "Cowboy" Walt Garrison, and "Bullet" Bob Hayes. Roger Staubach enhanced the term with his Naval Academy roots. But when Jerry Jones booted Tom Landry it was not such a romantic notion anymore...despite Aikman, Irving, and Smith.

The nation IS starved for ITS team to rise...again. Go Browns!
Originally Posted By: Dave

He didn't once mention Kareem Hunt.
Lots of love until the comeback story gets a little old and worn out. then you're just another schmuck on the schedule. I promise you, If we win a lot this season and get into the playoffs, everyone will love the story for this season. The second the season is over, we might as well be the Paducah Pirates to any other fan base. I mean, how much are you rooting for those scrappy underdog Packers after their years of futility from the 70's thru the early 90's?

The big markets will always have silly titles like "America's Team". Never seemed to matter much to anyone but Cowboys fans.
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
Lots of love until the comeback story gets a little old and worn out. then you're just another schmuck on the schedule. I promise you, If we win a lot this season and get into the playoffs, everyone will love the story for this season. The second the season is over, we might as well be the Paducah Pirates to any other fan base. I mean, how much are you rooting for those scrappy underdog Packers after their years of futility from the 70's thru the early 90's?

The big markets will always have silly titles like "America's Team". Never seemed to matter much to anyone but Cowboys fans.

Don't Pee-Pee in our Cheerios.

CAP. Give this Dawg a Cocktail.
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Walked by a monitor at the gym and ESPN is showing "Baker Mayfield's top throws". I love all the national attention, but can we please revoke ESPN's team credentials after all of their crapping on us for so many years?

Why? The Browns sucked and deserved the negative press. Dorey has changed all of that and the media recognizes that fact.

I think it is crazy to not be excited about the praise due to all grudges that were deserved.

This is fun. Let's enjoy it!
Loved my Yanks beating those Braves teams in the WS.
In the Metro Detroit area they are comparing the Browns and Lions since both had 0-16 seasons. Lions fans and talk radio sports hosts are mad and envious about what the Browns are doing.

They are saying the Browns have done more to build a championship team in 2 yrs. than the Lions have done in 10. They are mad that the Browns are now a legit SB contender while their team remains a laughingstock.

Many want to join the Metro Detroit Browns Backers fan club.
The Detroit fans are right. The Browns have done more in two years than the Lions have done in 10.

Hell, they've done more in two years than the rest of the decision makers have done since the rebirth of the Browns.

All Hail, John Dorsey!!!
Some locals here in Cincy asked me if I was going to go to the Superbowl..
I told them a Home Playoff Game was the first thing on my list!

Your lucky you are far away.

You go Jim Rome.

Please Jim call in to the puke Colon Coward.
No Virginia, the Browns are not Americas team, but that does not mean that fans of other teams will not be cheering for the Browns.

America team is not geographically limited, it is easy now, more difficult than in the era before the internet.

Dallas became America's team, partially because of scheduling and the fact that they were one of the few NFC teams that played at 4 pm. Most of the AFC teams, San Diego, Oakland, Denver, and Kansas City split the geography and battled it out on NBC. On CBS you had the Cowboys and the NFC East... San Francisco and the Rams were not relevant and for the most part too far away to pay attention too.

And they were entertaining as all to watch.

There is Browns Battlement Syndrome as we call it, so bad for so long, that other teams fans cannot help but hope for a changing of the guard. For Gods sake, how many friggin rings does Brady and Bellicheck need... Yuck.....

I have received 4 unsolicited best wishes for the latest move. While other fans will remain loyal, they are watching the Browns as well and hoping them well...

It's been a long time, you deserve a few wins is the sentiment.
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess

Don't Pee-Pee in our Cheerios.

CAP. Give this Dawg a Cocktail.

You got it, stop on by. We’re always open, and it’s always Happy Hour.

For Steeler fans we actually do pee-pee in some Cheerios.
Just came back from Starbucks with a buddy, and we were talking football. One of the baristas was closing up the place and overheard us and asked us who our teams were. My buddy is like, "I like the Jets, he's a Browns guy", and she immediately perked up and was like, "Oh the Browns! They're going to the Super Bowl this year, I'm rooting for them now!"
Last week, my daughter and I attended a concert in Charleston, SC and spent the day there because it's such a cool city. We were having drinks at a local pub and met a couple from Cincinnati. The conversation morphed into football and we were discussing how bad the Browns have been in the past and how loyal their fans are. They both agreed the team's fortunes had changed and that we were the team to beat in the division. This happened before the trade and the FA signings.

The Brown's buzz is alive.
I don't know, but it sure feels like people everywhere are are feeling something for the Browns that maybe they didn't feel before.

It's like Dorsey says, Teams don't win in March.. They win in Camp and then in the Fall.

If this turns our like I think and hope it will, then yeah, I bet we're going to be the darlings of the league..
Obviously, the Browns aren't "America's Team," but they aren't "the same old Browns" in the eyes of the national media and public.

Instead, there is a positive buzz about the Browns. People are liking what they are seeing from this roster. I also think that a lot of folks across the country have felt bad for the long-suffering, loyal fan-base of the Browns and our kinda rooting for us. There was a similar sentiment about the Cubs and Red Sox for years.

It's cool to think that our team is finally receiving positive attention.
We got Americas attention.

Now we got to back it with wins and we will garnish a lot of fans, some who left us and coming back. Some young ones who are drawn to Baker.

But WIN WE MUST!!!
Obviously, the Browns aren't "America's Team," but they aren't "the same old Browns" in the eyes of the national media and public.

Instead, there is a positive buzz about the Browns. People are liking what they are seeing from this roster. I also think that a lot of folks across the country have felt bad for the long-suffering, loyal fan-base of the Browns and our kinda rooting for us. There was a similar sentiment about the Cubs and Red Sox for years.

It's cool to think that our team is finally receiving positive attention.

Agree 100% We aren't there yet, but do you feel as if it could become true? I mean, are we headed in the right direction to become Americas Team?
Originally Posted By: eotab
We got Americas attention.

That we did.
I was never a fan of the whole "America's Team" shtick. Made my stomach turn, to be honest. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't dislike the Cowboys like I do.

I feel that I'd be a hypocrite if I called my Browns America's Team the minute they started getting a little love.

Damn I feel good.

I was in eleventh grade in 64 when we won it all. Not in a million years did I think we would go through all that has happened.

For me then I thought it was a given that we would always be a great team.

Now at this time I could not feel better.

We are not only good but we are good and young.

Baker? Love what he brings and how he brings it. You watch Flacco and he seems like he rather be anywhere than on a football field.

Baker plays like he would play for nothing. He loves football and his drive to win is a perfect match for guys like Beckham and Landry.

For the foreseeable future the Browns will be a force.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I was never a fan of the whole "America's Team" shtick. Made my stomach turn, to be honest. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't dislike the Cowboys like I do.

I feel that I'd be a hypocrite if I called my Browns America's Team the minute they started getting a little love.

I don't like the Atlanta Braves for this same reason, and like you it's why I dislike the Cowboys so much as well. I won't call the Browns America's team either.
It is what it is wink

Oh and Grateful...keep em coming watched it about 3 times in a row...lol laugh
I worry about all this hype. Yes the team has turned a corner, but talking Superbowl and " playoff team" seems a little over the top. I hope it is going to happen, but I've seen this movie before.

My hope is that the players are not sucking all this hype up. I hope they are avoiding all this talk. If this team, as assembled, decides to go into this season undistracted, and committed, they very well could verify the hype. But they could just as easily buy in to it, get in the mindset that it is a given, that could lead to the very opposite.

As much as we believe that the media is in love with us now, if this thing don't live up to the hype, they will giving us just as much bad talk.

The leadership in the locker room, is going to be the deciding factor. The mindset has to be set, that they still haven't achieved anything. I think Freddie is the kind of guy to keep that message fresh, but it is going to take guys like Jarvis, Baker, Odell, and Bitonio, to push the idea in the locker room. IMO, it is time for Garrett to step up as a leader in the locker room, express some of his passion for winning to his teammates.

If they want to call us America's team, I'm all for it. But most of the outside love this team is getting is conditional, the moment there is a slip up, the trash talking will begin all over.
Agreed 100%. There are too many variables at this point. New players that have to learn to play together as well as new coaches they have to play for. Then you have to ask how will we handle the added attention and expectations. I for one would like to see things toned down a bit and take it one day at a time. JMO
One thing being left out a lot is Freddie. I have faith in him, but he still is stepping into a new realm. He seems to have the personality to handle it, but you never know.

In the back of my mind I can picture him being overwhelmed, and making bad decisions out of haste. I mean, this team has a knack for the smackdown, just when we think things are right, something major happens. Yes, battered fan syndrome.

If Freddie proves to be the man, it will be the ultimate icing on the cake.
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
One thing being left out a lot is Freddie. I have faith in him, but he still is stepping into a new realm. He seems to have the personality to handle it, but you never know.

In the back of my mind I can picture him being overwhelmed, and making bad decisions out of haste. I mean, this team has a knack for the smackdown, just when we think things are right, something major happens. Yes, battered fan syndrome.

I agree with the concerns. I'm fairly confident in the structural integrity of the current hierarchy in Berea... that helps a lot. An owner that trusts an actual GM, a GM that knows his job and is extremely competent in fulfilling his role, a new coaching staff that knows who the bosses are... no bickering, no backstabbing, etc...

Not to say that makes it easy, and Freddie has some serious personalities to deal with, but I actually feel like that might be a strong suit with him.
Doesn’t the team that “won the offseason” usually lose the regular season? We have to keep the expectations modest.

In my opinion, this season should be about the division. No mention of the playoffs (if/once you get there, sure, get pumped).
I'm not so sure that holds true with us. We went 5-3 during the last half of the season which gives you some good momentum ending last season.

When you combine that momentum from last season with the addition of the talent we have amassed that's a two edged sword that would be hard to dismiss.
I prefer the hype to "the same ol' Browns again" thing that we have heard for decades.
The hills are alive with the sound of music!

I’ve been in a state of euphoria ever since the trades. We haven’t had this much talent since 2007, and now we have a much much better QB.
I keep seeing and hearing that we are the "New" America's Team.

Phhffftt.. I'd be happy to be this years Ref's team. We are long overdue there.
Quote:
I worry about all this hype. Yes the team has turned a corner, but talking Superbowl and " playoff team" seems a little over the top. I hope it is going to happen, but I've seen this movie before.

I've seen the "cautious optimism" movie over and over again. Screw that. I'm all in. I'm done quietly hoping that we might be turning the corner, it's effin' do or die time! I've been predicting 12-4 since Hue was fired. Our time is NOW!
Besides Colin Cowherd , we are getting much love around the NFL

Dawg. We're in great hands. I sense fear of failure from some.

CAP. Give this Dawg a DRINK ON ME....

HELL, GIVE HIM A BOTTLE ON ME...

Let's all sit down and share one, or three.

I never listen to that jerk but I am aware of some of what he has said.

I would love for Jim Rome to call him out. Obviously he is either trying to get a rise out of people. Or, he is truly ignorant.
I prefer the hype to "the same ol' Browns again" thing that we have heard for decades.

Me too. I'm just cautioning those who think all this love from the media is real. They have wallowed in the ability to have a whipping boy like the Browns. In the past teams that were bad were never beat up in the media like they are today. We have all kinds of shows with ex-players that trash talk and laugh at teams daily. They have used the Browns as a punchline. All I'm saying is that if this thing doesn't pan out like it should, they will be more than happy to have their whipping boy back.
The media want a great story.

Team sucks? Great story.

Team hopelessly bad? Great story.

Hopelessly bad team suddenly turns things around and look legitimate? Really great story.
Colin Cowherd? He still has a show?
Bro, I think it is different this time. This is the first team we have had since the rebirth that has talent and is headed by a great FO.
I hope so.
I don't know where this "Americas Team" crap started. I heard Jim Rome say it the other day. That's crap. We are not "Americas Team". Until last year we were Americas JOKE. A punch line. Obviously, the Browns will be must watch TV. But as many people will be hoping this implodes as there are hoping it succeeds. Americas Team? *snicker* Where the hell do people get this tripe?
We are Cleveland's Team. The rest of the country can be jelly. They don't get to claim ownership of something they didn't have to suffer for.
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
I don't know where this "Americas Team" crap started. I heard Jim Rome say it the other day. That's crap. We are not "Americas Team". Until last year we were Americas JOKE. A punch line. Obviously, the Browns will be must watch TV. But as many people will be hoping this implodes as there are hoping it succeeds. Americas Team? *snicker* Where the hell do people get this tripe?

Cleveland Browns Daily has been saying it for months (I think since December or so?). I don't think they coined it but heard it one time and ran with it.
Bro, I think it is different this time. This is the first team we have had since the rebirth that has talent and is headed by a great FO.

I'm still cautiously optimistic/leaning more to the positive.

My reservations: dude, you already know them. We've read each other's thoughts for years, but I'll just say it for the rest of the board:
We have once again assembled a new group of people in important coaching positions. Coaches who will be working with each other for the first time. That dynamic is always an 'X-factor.'

Don't get me wrong- I've read up on them all, and I like what I've learned. That doesn't change the fact that this is all new for them as much as it is for the players. There are a LOT of moving parts that need to mesh for this on-paper potential to be realized.

"Once bitten, twice shy." Let us not forget how dysfunction cost this team an entire 1/2 season and 2/3 of its top coaching tier during its most recent regular season. Who could have seen that coming 12 months before? Not Browns fans... because even that was a brand-new incarnation. Swear to God, someone needs to test the ground water in Berea.

You know me. I've always been the 'continuity man' on the boards. I still remember how you pulled me off the bridge when the whole 'Chud/ 1-year' thing went down. I'm serious when I say this: I won't feel secure until I've seen a coaching staff (HC/OC/DC) in place for 2+ years. Because that, more than any other factor, sets the culture for the team. A well-stocked, well-stacked pro team can win a championship. A team with its own culture becomes a dynasty. Only longevity can build/maintain a culture. And we are- once again- on Year One of this Tier One coaching staff.

Year One.
Again.

I'm putting some faith in Dorsey's vision/leadership skills, and hope that a chemistry can be cultivated with the new folks assembled, but let's be honest here: this all-important aspect is still an unknown. I don't know these people yet. We don't know them.

Here's where I am, right now:
I'm more interested/intrigued in this team this off season than I've been DURING seasons... so yeah- I'm a bit swept up like everybody else. At the same time, um- "Hello? I'm a Browns fan....."

Anything can happen. And usually does.

If I see:
* a >.500 Browns team at midseason, with
* ZERO reports of FO/coaching dysfunction, AND
* ZERO reports of locker room friction/drama...

I'll take my hand off the emotional emergency brake.
Until then... I'll just try to keep playing the cello with crossed fingers (ouch).

wink

In all seriousness, I thought this happened last year. People like underdawgs.
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I have a strict rule when drinking. I always have to end on a odd number, and that number is never 1.
This was my thread to be upbeat and lighthearted on, but you raise a very good point.

The coaching staff is a big unknown. They aren't very experienced in their current roles and don't have the greatest resumes.

My fear is that they will get lambasted if our record doesn't meet the high expectations that have been set. And Clem, they will be easy targets for ridicule if we reach such a point. I'm tired of having initial questions about coaches while others are praising them only to turn around and have to defend them when the masses revolt and call for their heads.

I really hope that it doesn't come to that once again. I am more confident this time because we have so much more talent and I really believe that Dorsey is a great leader who is relentless in trying to improve the team.

The OBJ trade put it over the top for me. He is a true superstar and he should make everyone else better. We are loaded on offense and the defense should be a bit better. We still need help in the secondary, but it's a process.

I do have one more concern in regards to how much we will improve, but I will hold off on that one for now.
I do have one more concern in regards to how much we will improve, but I will hold off on that one for now.

Why? Everyone knows it's Baker and the reason is because he won't work out with a QB guru. You've mentioned it at least a dozen times.

Truth be told, I'm somewhat concerned by it as well. But probably not for exactly the same reasons. I wish we had more information as to why he won't. Has he done it before and it didn't work for him? Does he feel he can get what he needs from Freddie and the other coaches, more than he can get from a few summer workouts?

The biggest threat to success this upcoming season is Baker going into a sophomore slump. I'm not worried about the coaches. I'm worried about Baker getting too Hollywood, letting it all get to his head, and not recognizing that he'll get figured out and will need to be ready for it. Nothing has changed in regards to what the NFL game is all about. It's about the QB. You can have 8 HOF receivers on the team. It's still all about the QB.

Baker's play will determine how far the team will go next year.
J/C

I'm not worried about any innumerable potential catastrophes derailing the team. The team showed last year that they refuse to own any of the losing baggage that the Browns have been carrying for 20 years. The "same old Browns" mentality is still lingering in spots within the fanbase. Winning will cure it.

As far as the America's Team label. Realistically all of these Band Wagon hangers' on will become Vulchers if we go sub 500. I would not embrace any of this media glad-handing.

I like how EveDawg said it. The Brown's are Cleveland's team. But if you're not in Cleveland but have an Orange and Brown state of mind that counts too.

If you don't know the struggle then you can't share in the glory.

I understand the caution.

However, from what Freddie did last year and how he did it; I don't feel concerned.

Monken and Wilks I don't know enough about to have a real opinion.

I fall back on Dorsey. Dorsey understands how this all should work and I believe he helped Freddie in assembling the staff.

In the end though a lot falls on Freddie. And I feel confident in him. I know this is his first go around. But for whatever reason I just feel he is the right guy.

Of course we are going into territory that is rare air for us. We are favorites to win the North. Hard to even say that without some sense of dread.

Playoffs!! Yes, I will go there. But that is where I draw the line. Winning in the post season needs to be proven. That is where separation begins. So I won't get to far ahead.
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Why? Everyone knows it's Baker and the reason is because he won't work out with a QB guru. You've mentioned it at least a dozen times.

Truth be told, I'm somewhat concerned by it as well. But probably not for exactly the same reasons. I wish we had more information as to why he won't. Has he done it before and it didn't work for him? Does he feel he can get what he needs from Freddie and the other coaches, more than he can get from a few summer workouts?

The biggest threat to success this upcoming season is Baker going into a sophomore slump. I'm not worried about the coaches. I'm worried about Baker getting too Hollywood, letting it all get to his head, and not recognizing that he'll get figured out and will need to be ready for it. Nothing has changed in regards to what the NFL game is all about. It's about the QB. You can have 8 HOF receivers on the team. It's still all about the QB.

HOW does one figure out a QB that throws all over the field, and accurate at that.

You DON'T. You try to slow it down.

GOOD LUCK....
Well I know you like your Wine...so maybe 1 (Bottle) should be your cut off...lol laugh
It started last year with the Jets game and busting open the beer fridge...

But as victories began to come in, perceptions changed. I have a few friends that no longer shake their head and a buddy who follows the Browns that is also a believer.

I am happy...

We woke up feeling a bit dangerous today.... 😀
And get ready for some prime time exposure...!!!!!
adjusting to being a team on the rise/at the top is a big thing ... something we've never had to do

I'm hoping Baker's play stays strong, because that will elevate everyone else

I'm already on the Island, but if you got a refill for me, I'll take it! Cheers

I'm already on the Island, but if you got a refill for me, I'll take it! Cheers

You got it!

Have to say I am with Freddie.

This is Cleveland's Team. Either you wear brown and orange or you don't matter.

There is no America's team that is all BS. That goes back to the day of Phyllis George when the Cowboys won. It was marketing gimmick.

Every city loves their team and that is all.
There are a lot of cities without a team. The state of Oklahoma seem to have followed Baker to the Browns. Check out NFL coverage maps by the end of the year. Much of OK would get our games. San Diego also doesn't have a team. They hate Dean Sponos, and they aren't exactly sold on the LA Rams either. They seem to talk a lot more about the Browns now than those two teams.
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

QB guru? Uh... no. Just no. Players that use QB gurus tend to have accuracy issues from real mechanical issues. Then I can understand. Baker IS accurate. I do NOT want some self proclaimed QB guru messing with that. Baker is a smart/competitive player... he and the coaches will address whatever may need to be addressed.
Our Browns have always had the largest fanbase of all franchises. I call the name The Browns Universe because we not limited to one area. Only reason Dallas got the America's team was from CBS when they would beat Washington on the holiday and the network needed a boost in its rating process; !) lagged behind viewer rating to NBC when NBC initially broadcast AFL teams,AFL teams initially would beat established NFL team except our Browns on regular bases for marquee games and 3)CBS,failed when CBS had ownership of the Stripes (NY Yanks) failed causing sale to Stienbrenner. Another reason we were never the Team of the NFL hype machine was and still is the suits jeasousy of our initial Winning record then come in and terorising NFL teams during our initial 6 years in NFL (6 straight championship games,winning 3 which totaled to 10 straight championship games winning 5 straight from our formation) until they finally caught up to our proceedures and taking some of our coaching staff as head coaches; ie Weeb Eubanks when Colts came back in league 3rd time 1953 (failed when they come in 1950,failed then as Dallas Texans 1951-52) and took PB's draft book with him to draft players Our Browns were to choose in those rounds. Could give other thoughts but these are the most obvious.
J/C

This may have already been mentioned, but I'll bet HBO is wishing they had waited a year to put the Browns on Hard Knocks!
but I'm glad we aren't on HBO this year ... I want it to be about actually working and building chemistry from now utnil the season ... the hype will already be off the charts
Quote:
"First down as we threaten again. A score here puts us in the Super Bowl. Odell is far to the left as Landry settles into the slot. Njoku is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Hunt are split in the backfield as Baker takes the snap ... Here we go."

That sig...chills.
Quote:
Our Browns have always had the largest fanbase of all franchises. I call the name The Browns Universe because we not limited to one area.

Hey, Passionate: see how right you are, Dawg:

click here for a smile
Road trip!!
rofl

thumbsup
Clem, I think Hard Knocks did our Browns a favor by selecting us last year. Helped to expose bickering between Hue and Haley for their own system and starter selection,although they tried to sugarcoat it till it finally boiled over and helped start the process to bring our players together as a team first mentality. There is a me in team spelling but me never gets goals accomplished until the M is turned upside down to W or WE then everyone wins. Mr. Dorsey reminds me of a younger Paul Brown
I hope not! One of the reasons people hate the Dallas Cowboys is because they self annointed themselves "America's Team" and haven't done [censored] to deserve it. I don't want the spotlight. I don't want to see a red carpet of bandwagon celebs and movie stars with selfie sticks clogging up the Dawg Pound. Its embarrassing and annoying. The Browns are our team. We sued to keep our colors and records and history. Were a generational team. How many of you had Fathers, Grandparents and Uncles who were Browns fans? I'm a 3rd generation fan. I watched Sipe and Doug Dieken. I know what Red,Right 88 is? I just want to win. I want to see another Freezing cold AFC Championship on the lake. Not a Hollywood spectacle.
j/c

Okay most of you know i live near Nashville. I always wear my Browns gear. A Cowboys fan approached me and said even he was excited to watch our Browns. Then he added that he didn't watch other teams except for his own but he was excited about the Browns. He ended it with, "But I hate the Patriots".

I told him I hope we win so many SB's that he hates us as much as he hates the Patriots!

We both got a pretty good chuckle out of that one.

Have to say I love the quote from Freddie:

"You either wear Brown and Orange or you don't matter".

Love that. I need a shirt with that on it.

Cleveland's Team.

It is going to be a fun year. Time to go all Brown and Orange.
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

They dissed our Owner Haslam. They mentioned everyone but him???
j/c....

j/c:

First Take w/SAS and Kellerman was on this morning when I was working out. The lead story/debate was whether or not the Browns were the most talented team in the league. The segment was pretty long and they put up a Twitter pole that asked which team would have the hottest ticket in the league. The results from those who voted had the Browns as number 1 in the entire league. I think they got 69% of the vote.

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Dorsey.
j/c:

First Take w/SAS and Kellerman was on this morning when I was working out. The lead story/debate was whether or not the Browns were the most talented team in the league. The segment was pretty long and they put up a Twitter pole that asked which team would have the hottest ticket in the league. The results from those who voted had the Browns as number 1 in the entire league. I think they got 69% of the vote.

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Sashi.

Fixed it for ya. wink
What was it you said about other people just yesterday?
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
j/c:

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Sashi.

Fixed it for ya. wink

From Sashi's time we have: (If I counted them up right)

Bitonio (Not brought in by Sashi)
Coley
Colquitt
DeValve
Garrett
Higgins
Hughlett (Not brought in by Sashi)
Duke (Not brought in by Sashi)
Kirksey (Not brought in by Sashi)
Njoku
Ogunjobi
Schobert
Tretter

That's 13. Of these, I think that Duke, Coley, DeValve, and possibly Kirksey could be replaced/cut/traded. That's down to 9. Of those 9, Bitonio and Hughlett were not brought in by Sashi. That's 7 "likely 2019 roster" players remaining that Sashi Brown brought in. Bear in mind that he's only been gone for just over a year. For a teardown, with the intention of building a foundation for long term success, that sucks pretty badly.
You're not allowed to use math!
Couple things to consider.

Who has dominated the AFC the past 20 years?
The Pats mostly and occasionally the Steelers.
Football fans outside of the New England area are frankly tired of the Pats advancing to the AFC Championship game.
People like variety.

Now you have up and coming teams on the horizan. The Cheifs Browns Chargers.
Its fun to talk about other teams that are turning it around.

curious how one moment Cleveland fans hate the media.the next they love them.
the last 10 years anytime the media spoke negative of the Browns they were looked down upon by Browns faithful.
they were called idiots dummies they didnt.do there homework....what do they know....etc etc.

now the media is embraced.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You're not allowed to use math!

Or facts.
I think honesty truly bothers some people. We sucked and it was reported. But all you needed to do was look at the season prediction threads to see that Browns fans refused to believe it. The common response was to shoot the messenger.

Once again the press is reporting what they see. Only this time it's what Browns fans want to hear.
if the Browns turn it around its healthy for the NFL.If the Chiefs advanced to the SB its good for
business.
Baker is a good ambassador for the team and sport.
he comes from middle America...Oklahoma.
men can relate to him...
common ground.
he worked his way to this position with the Browns....he earned it. not given to him.
just hard work...a will to acheive.
overcoming the naysayers.
heck Andy Rooney was still doing 60 Minutes he would even smile
I think your being a little harsh on their hero ... i mean how many GM’s working hand in hand with the best analytics department in football would have had the foresight to trade up for Kizer so we could lose EVERY GAME and net us the #1 pick that turned into Baler AND THEN be turned into Randall ... i mean that’s PURE GENIUS and proves just how great Sashi and the analytics dept. truely were ... thumbsup

Incredible forward thinking ... that takes a very SPECIAL type of GENIUS ... rofl ..

Memp/Device/CHS or Deputy won’t tell me how the podcast was ... any of u guys happen to catch it ... naughtydevil ..
Hue got us Mayfield, don't you remember? He should have won more games as coach. Luckily he tanked so we would have the #1 draft pick to draft Baker.

You got it all wrong bro.

wink
I guess I dont understand how the Titans have some awesome fanbase.

They arent a heritage team.
It's hard to take any of you bashers seriously when you don't even have your information correct. There was no trade up for Kizer, but if that's the false narrative you want to portray, so be it... continue with your crusade.
j/c:

I am not going to get into the nonsense that was introduced after my last post.

I do want to talk about the excitement surrounding the team. After years of knowing how bad our talent was, I find it remarkably thrilling that we are so loaded w/talent. I think it's cool as hell we're getting so much positive national attention. I also think we're going to get multiple prime-time games because the networks understand the excitement that Dorsey's Browns are generating.

I also want to add that I've listened to posters on here saying how the media tries to make us look bad. I never agreed w/that. I simply thought we were bad. Now, we have talent and the national media is rightfully taking notice.

It's a good feeling to finally feel optimistic about this team. Dorsey is doing a masterful job and I want to soak it all in.
j/c:

Browns are up to 9th in ESPN's latest Power Rankings. The Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 16th, and Bengals are 28th.
j/c:

Browns are up to 9th in ESPN's latest Power Rankings. The Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 16th, and Bengals are 28th.

Nice! ESPN can still.....something not nice.

I don't think we are America's team. We might be the team of the moment.

We could become that, but that takes time and winning some games, or at least being in close, exciting games
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

We could become that, but that takes time and winning some games, or at least being in close, exciting games

Would you stop being so pragmatic? It’s been a long time since the hyperbole for us has been positive and interesting. Celebrate the joy, for tomorrow it may all blow up in our face.
Yeah, we are not America's Team. However, it's nice to finally hear positive things about the Browns and to be legitimately excited about the talent on the team.

I agree....and hopefully a HC with some hope as well.

I always felt we gave up on Palmer too soon, but after that, it's been one boob after another.

I have high hopes for Freddie, but he is unproven.

My hope in him is he is a former QB. He played big time football, and his southern roots will resonate through the team. He sounds like a normal guy who played QB at Alabama.

I think all players can respect that even if he didn't play in the NFL. They know he could ball.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Would you stop being so pragmatic? It’s been a long time since the hyperbole for us has been positive and interesting. Celebrate the joy, for tomorrow it may all blow up in our face.

Sorry, pragmatic is my middle name. grin

That said, I am as excited as anybody. I am at the age where I don't like to wish a portion of my life away, but sure, if tomorrow was September, I would be a happy camper.

Look, we are all in the same boat. Some of us want to see the first, some of use want to see another...I don't want to say last, but it could be....I never thought it would be this friggen long since our last in 64.

I went from a teen to a old man in between. We are about to enter another golden era. I started out in one, and want to finish up in one....not all that soon of course, but that is up to my Maker.
Yeah, we are not America's Team. However, it's nice to finally hear positive things about the Browns and to be legitimately excited about the talent on the team.

For now, that's actually enough for me.

It's been interesting to see the change in coverage since mid-season 2018. Granted, it's a lot more fun than hearing Rich Eisen say "Browns are gonna brown." In all, the tone is more positive because the news itself is more positive.

I have yet to let it go to my head, because this team hasn't taken a single snap yet. I love the potential I see, but I want to actually see it before I let myself get all stoopit crazy with Browns Fever.

Is CLE the new 'America's Team?' Not yet.

They are the latest off season media darlings because of the novelty of their situation, and that's understandable. But in order to take the title, I feel they must earn the new fan base with entertaining games and exciting wins. To be called 'America's Team,' they have to sell themselves to the casual football fan and bring them along. CLE has a chance to do that, but they can't actually begin earning it until reg season 2019.

Until then, I'm more than happy reading the new press, learning about the new locker room and keeping track of the new developments.

Gotta say it: I haven't been this interested/involved with the off-season Browns in a long lotta years. Not like this. It's rather fun.

Can't wait,
Clem
Hey Clem...............I don't think we are America's Team or ever will be. I simply put the positive stuff in this thread because it's a positive thread. LOL

I don't know if there is an "America's Team." I see a lot of Dallas and Pittsburgh jerseys, bumper stickers, caps, etc in my travels. Not sure if any of them are America's Team.

All I know is that America is taking notice of the Browns because John "Freaking" Dorsey is building a very talented roster. I think it's cool as hell and I am embracing the positive feedback.
Quote:
I love the potential I see, but I want to actually see it before I let myself get all stoopit crazy with Browns Fever.

I've been waiting for this since BB was our coach. I'm done with the cautious optimism...I'm all stoopit crazy with Browns fever! It started when Randall handed Hue the ball after that interception. 12-4 baby. Mark it down.
We will be taking over the North. Very frikking shortly.
Quote:
It started when Randall handed Hue the ball after that interception.

That was freakkin' epic.
After that game, I heard that someone on the team said that Randall could have run some good yardage back... but that handoff was the better play.

rofl

Hey- for the record, I was never a Hue Hater... but when I saw that, I just smiled, shook my head, and said:

'Style points': off the charts.

thumbsup
I'm not a fan of the America's team.. I do Love hearing that the Browns have the largest and Greatest Fan Base !
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I'm not a fan of the America's team.. I do Love hearing that the Browns have the largest and Greatest Fan Base !

It's only going to get larger my friend. And some people snickered to know I was a Browns fan, actually had season tickets and actually went to games 6-7 times a year.

They aren't feeling sorry for me anymore.

It feels good, but as I told them then and will forever, I stick with my team no matter what. Once you are in my inner circle, you are in, I don't bail. The Browns have been, and always will be, IN.
Me too. Ever since I knew what football was. Browns all the way. When they left? I didn't watch much football. At all.
Quote:
Once you are in my inner circle, you are in, I don't bail.

That's how I do my friendships, too. Womb 2 tomb.
Loyal unless (or until) you betray that loyalty.
Then you're dead. For good. Until they plant you.

I've been screwed by former 'Inner Circlers' in the past. With some, I've actually "kissed and made up," but I never let them all the way back in.

I was ready to bail on the Browns a few years back when it was so unbearable. Even if I had, I would never have been as deep a fan of any other squad. I've been O&B since I was 3-4 years old. It's part of the family fabric.

Kinda nice seeing things turn positive while I can still get to a game or two. Like you, I really hope to see them win it all. Spend my Golden Years on top, just like when I was a wee sprat.

thumbsup
Fan since the fumble game. Never considered bailing.
I don't understand the notion of bailing on your team. You pick a team and stick with that team regardless. I am from RI and have been a fan since 67. Geographically, made no sense, but they were my team from day 1 and I have and always will be a loyal, passionate fanatic of the Browns.
I am an Army Brat. I was in Europe 4-9 years of age. No TV there, I remember going on a Air Craft Carrier that was in town and marveled at watching TV...lol of course it was me on the screen.

So I played in the mountains every day and if not there then I was at the Pool by the Embassy club - Burgers and all. Also some great Spear fishing. (I had learned how to swim at 2 years)

So I came to the states as a short but herculean kid (I was always like the 3rd shortest in the class - remembering the class picture that was in size order) But legs shoulders and arms were as if I lifted all day but never touched weights.

So there I was the first place my father landed was Cleveland, we lived in a house in Euclid. So these kids were playing this game. I have the ball and they have to wrestle me to the ground...lol fat chance. After a while they are calling me Jim Brown...who is this JIM BROWN??? Well found out soon enough as Football season started along with school. 1964 what a season to be a Browns fan wink

The following year we were stationed at Pittsburgh. Steelers were door mats of the NFL...No way was I changing. I did become a PIRATE fan as I was totally enamored with Roberto Clemente as I had a great arm from all that rock throwing in Europe.

So we moved and Grandparents (mom n dad both born in NYC) between move and when my Dad went to Vietnam I stayed in Queens. Never changed. Most were Yankee fans.

My grandfather owned a Deli in Manhattan and would bring back the coupons on the back of Bordens milk container. 15 got you in Shea Stadium to a mets game. So I would bring the entire block to Shea (we would go on the train as bunch of kids) maybe once a week. So I digress. Point is remained Browns and Pirate fan...all my life. won't get into Basketball and Hockey...lol laugh
Good stuff Tab!
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I have a strict rule when drinking. I always have to end on a odd number, and that number is never 1.

That's a great rule when drinking. Man, I miss drinking lol On pain meds so alcohol becomes dangerous... I intend to stick around long enough to see us win at least one. I am not getting any younger... It's funny. Back in the day they always told me if I quit smoking and drinking I'd feel so much better. Haven't had a cig for 12 years and haven't been drunk in about that long as well. I sure as heck don't feel better lol
I've been a fan since I was five years old. That was 52 years ago. I never got to see Jim Brown live but I did get to see Leroy Kelly smile Lived through the Warfield trade. The Mike Phipps era. Then red right 88. The drive. The fumble. The stupidity of firing Marty. The move. Lost a lot of Browns items the day that was announced. Burned it all. I swear if I saw Model walking down the street that day I would have run him over with my car. smile We might have gone to the Super Bowl that year. That was a really good team. Finally, the rebirth. It has been a long road to get here. Lots of disappointments, along with some thrills as well. Good team or 0-16 I am a Browns fan. 4 life!
Ever since Baker got the start, Oklahoma had TV coverage for every Brown game. So I guess it's arguable that the Browns are "Oklahoma's team," not having an in-state NFL franchise...LOL. And if Seibert makes the grade, he'll be very conspicuous, as kickers are.
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Ever since Baker got the start, Oklahoma had TV coverage for every Brown game. So I guess it's arguable that the Browns are "Oklahoma's team," not having an in-state NFL franchise...LOL. And if Seibert makes the grade, he'll be very conspicuous, as kickers are.

I was very grateful that every Browns game after Baker started was on TV here. It was like getting the Sunday Ticket for free. I hope they keep that up this season and adding OBJ and Seibert is only icing on the cake. As far as being Oklahomas team, lets just say they are Oklahomas newest toy, but Dallas fandom runs deep in most of the state and the north and east portions, KC fares very well. If the Browns are winners this season, I can see a Brown and Orange wave forming across the state.
I wonder how often Cardinals games will be televised?
Must be trending in that direction. I'm not a band wagon fan. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 45 years now. Really like a lot of the browns players and started watching more and more games. Really glad to see this team coming back to the light. I've never had another team but decided to join here and talk a little football with you guys. I'm hooked and with be faithful to this team as well going forward. Hopefully you guy will accept a two team guy. Go Dawgs!
Welcome.

We've got a lot of snarling dawgs here, but if you talk good football and seem cool, you'll be ok.

Heads up: nobody here likes the Cowboys. I used to, but that was in the 70s.
Lamp, how do you know nobody here likes the Cowboys?

Or other teams?

My heart is with the Browns, but I have a soft spot for other teams and root for them in the playoffs. (Jax, because I was born there, and Atl because I live in Atl)

Its totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.
Originally Posted By: 2019
Must be trending in that direction. I'm not a band wagon fan. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 45 years now. Really like a lot of the browns players and started watching more and more games. Really glad to see this team coming back to the light. I've never had another team but decided to join here and talk a little football with you guys. I'm hooked and with be faithful to this team as well going forward. Hopefully you guy will accept a two team guy. Go Dawgs!

Welcome. Look forward to hearing your opinions and football thoughts.
thanks, I won't cause any problems or have other agendas. I just love football. It's been 24 years since I've had much to cheer about. My wife is from Ohio and we still own a rental house there. Antwerp, if anyone knows where the heck that is. Been around forums for about 15 years now and still help Moderate one.

Just football all the time.
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Lamp, how do you know nobody here likes the Cowboys?

Or other teams?

My heart is with the Browns, but I have a soft spot for other teams and root for them in the playoffs. (Jax, because I was born there, and Atl because I live in Atl)

Its totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.

You are right,Eve. I didn't realize it was totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.

Never realized that,until you said.

2019: there aren't a lot of Dallas fans here.
But do your thing man. I hope you stick around. Roger Staubach was my first NFL fave.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

I was very grateful that every Browns game after Baker started was on TV here. It was like getting the Sunday Ticket for free. I hope they keep that up this season and adding OBJ and Seibert is only icing on the cake. As far as being Oklahomas team, lets just say they are Oklahomas newest toy, but Dallas fandom runs deep in most of the state and the north and east portions, KC fares very well. If the Browns are winners this season, I can see a Brown and Orange wave forming across the state.

You will get all the AZ Cardinals games this year... new #1 pick to feature and all.

My father worked for Thompson Products which became TRW. Born on the Lake in Willowick. Was transferred to Harrisburg, Pa. at three yrs. old. Back to Cleveland at twelve in 1960. I got a paper route. Delivered the PD. Read the sports page every day. Jim Brown was "it".

TRW had a Christmas banquet every year for the employees and would bring members of the Browns to the banquet.

I met Bobby Mitchell and Jim Brown. Talk about a kid being star struck and in awe. There was no question about being a Browns fan. My father was a huge Paul Brown fan.

The Browns were NFL Royalty. Never would I have believed that we would become a bottom dweller.

It has been painful.

For the first time since the Bernie years I am all over what we have in place.

I see the beginning of a long run. And I see a title at some point in the near future.

It has been a long hard road but I am grateful for where we are.
I hope you're right bone ... we deserve a long run of fun/success

The pieces fell into place.

Dorsey was the key hire. He began to accumulate talent.

Baker was the start. You have to have that position locked down.

When you look at the core talent at key positions. Then the age of those players.

That is why the future is bright and a long run is our future.

Dorsey will continue to add talent and manage the cap.

We are in very capable hands. And that is why I am very confident about the future.
You'd think keeping the ball rolling is way easier than getting it started, but let's hope we can maintain a good balance of cap management and talent acquisition
I think a lot of people dislike the Cowboys because of the, "America's Team" stamp they have. But I'm not really one of those people. I don't really blame the Cowboys or their fans for that. It was and is media driven and perpetuated by the media. I won't fault you guys for that.

I have and will always be a Browns fan first. But in addition to that I'm a huge fan of the NFL! There are other teams and players around the league that I like and follow. I have the NFL Sunday Ticket so I can record several games weekly and follow other teams and players.

I will say that neither the Cowboys nor any of their players are anyone I follow, but I hold no ill will against the Cowboys or their fans.
If you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter.
Originally Posted By: Hammer
If you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter.

Ya think?
I know...
I know...

Freddie Beat ya to it. See below from Janurary 2019.
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I know...

I'm pretty sure he already knew that.
I will quote him next time for SB's sake.
i know.

What you are referring to.
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I know...

I'm pretty sure he already knew that.

That sounds familiar, Hammer.

"It's deja vu all over again!"

Just some other guys to beat. Make it so.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
What if I know the enemy and not myself?
What if I know the enemy and not myself?

Get in touch with Freddie so we can get this 19-0 season rolling.

My thinking on this is that we might end up being hated by the many who didn't jump on the bandwagon.

People are already annoyed that we think we might potentially make the playoffs... talking about how we have the 5th best odds to win the Super Bowl or whatever they are now seems to just infuriate people... most importantly, the Steelers fans are tired of it and we've only just begun.

Not anyone specifically, but we will be an obnoxious group if we make it to the playoffs. If we somehow win the SB this season, I fear for lives and the city of cleveland. Some fans won't be able to control themselves. From humiliation to winning it all in just 2 seasons would be a nasty combination for this team. I really want it to happen, but I'm afraid there will be consequences.

I think we will be one of those teams that people are going to love to hate... I welcome that.
I'd rather be hated than have their sympathy.
j/c:

It was hard to figure out where to put this, but I thought this was a really nice story about Baker and his mom. I'm just going to give you the link because the video is a must-see.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/baker-mayfi...-141756807.html
Your "Baker, the person" thread would have sufficed.
Drop it.
that was very nice no matter where you dropped it. there is no relationship quite like mom/son.
Drop it.

I agree. I am so sick and tired of the sniping.

If Hill is suspended (I hope for ever).

The Chiefs will suffer. He was a main part of their offense.

They also lost guys to free agency. Losing Peterson for 6 games is no help as well.

I can't believe I just bet on the Browns and not against them. Is this what normal fans do?
https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2019/05/jak...wns-ohio-state/

Browns just got assigned a new reporter by ESPN.
I don't know a lot about Jake Trotter maybe the Baker transplants and Tulsa could weigh in about their opinions? Is the dude more MKC or Burns?
Love it

America's Team - The 2019 Cleveland Browns Hype Tape
I normally hate hype videos, but that one was GOOD.
Goosebumps, baby, goosebumps...

America's Team - The 2019 Cleveland Browns Hype Tape

probably the best hype video I have seen since the cavs playoffs ones.
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I normally hate hype videos, but that one was GOOD.

Yeah that was cool. The high school footage was awesome.
j/c

Awhile after "The Move"...the City hosted a "Final Play" day...or something to that affect/effect. Fans were invited to come to the stadium before it was to be torn down and could get on the field.

I went with a good friend of mine who is also a Browns fan. We got beer for the cooler - not allowed in the stadium - and bought a Nerf football in a convenience store.

We got on the field with other people who were just kind of milling around...kind of in a daze actually. We threw a few passes for TDs and looked around at what was soon to be no more. Bittersweet. Surreal. Finally on the filed...but for a terrible reason.

We were in the Dawg Pound end of the field. I looked into the bleachers and there sat an older woman with a younger woman...I guessed 60 and 35...ish. They were like Zombies looking on to the field. It was heart-breaking. I surmised that they were reminiscing of a time gone by...mother and daughter maybe...maybe missing a husband/father...or brother...or any one of importance to them who wasn't there that day. I will never forget them or the way they looked onto the field.

It was almost like a funeral. I'll never forget that day.
Nice anecdote Willie.
Nice memory.

Wife and I were there that day also.

I scooped up some of the warning track in a glass, and got a chunk of sod to put on top.

I was able to keep the grass growing for about a year. Still have it, but obviously, the grass died.

Great video.

Emotional really.

What strikes me is. It means something to so many. The only team and fan base that comes close is the Cubs.

The connection of team and city is a powerful thing.
Why isn't Freddie in that pic?
With 6 players added in the last 24 hours, the Browns are surely new.
I thought this would be the best thread to post this article on the team. It's long so I didn't paste it.

Here's the link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851619-out-of-the-factory-of-sadness

If you're not juiced for the opener, this ought to get you geeked!
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I thought this would be the best thread to post this article on the team. It's long so I didn't paste it.

Here's the link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851619-out-of-the-factory-of-sadness

If you're not juiced for the opener, this ought to get you geeked!

Finally read it today - excellent article, thanks for posting!
© DawgTalkers.net