DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DeputyDawg Free Agency Part 3 - 04/11/19 11:24 PM
This thread probably won't get a lot of traction again until after the draft but I did come across this...

Browns had talks about Everson Griffen

Seems like that 2nd pass rusher was a priority target for Dorsey and Zeitler's name came up there as well.
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/12/19 03:28 PM
Just Dorsey being the best General Manager we have ever had! PERIOD...

jmho
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/14/19 06:23 PM
I had been hoping that something like this would surface. If we have resources and some depth on roster, could we not use some players/ cap/ picks/future to go back into the first round?

How high do we jump or need to? At what price? Who is the "Gotta get this guy" worth what it may well cost?

I just have a hunch that Dorsey is done with his player for player FA; but I also feel he always has something cooking, waiting on the horizon. Value is its own reward.
Posted By: BDU Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
I had been hoping that something like this would surface. If we have resources and some depth on roster, could we not use some players/ cap/ picks/future to go back into the first round?

How high do we jump or need to? At what price? Who is the "Gotta get this guy" worth what it may well cost?

I just have a hunch that Dorsey is done with his player for player FA; but I also feel he always has something cooking, waiting on the horizon. Value is its own reward.

It depends how far he's considering jumping. Per the trade value chart, jumping between 20 and 32 ranges from 850 points to 590 points.

I can't see it being any higher than that. Too expensive of a jump unless you're doing it for a quarterback.

We're sitting at 49 (410 points) and poised to be a playoff calibre team, so I'm thinking it'll be a future first on the line for a trade up.

Based on that, my gut feeling is that Dorsey is just making it clear he's willing to make a leap. Just in case someone inexplicably falls further than they should.

I also think it would have to be a high-value position such as linebacker, corner or tackle - unless Dorsey thinks he's seeing an all-pro.
Posted By: BpG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 01:10 PM
Griffen gave up after his last contract. Much rather have Vernon at this point.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 01:45 PM

Trading back up is weird to me considering our "guys" have already said that trading away the 17th pick is like trading away a 2nd rd pick because they only have like 15 guys with a first round grade... Now all of sudden they want to trade back into the first? Nah. Not buying it.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Trading back up is weird to me considering our "guys" have already said that trading away the 17th pick is like trading away a 2nd rd pick because they only have like 15 guys with a first round grade... Now all of sudden they want to trade back into the first? Nah. Not buying it.

I have 'heard' that as well, so I can't see us trading into the bottom half of the 1st round and it would be far too expensive to move into the top 15...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 03:07 PM
I could see it as a possibility for a great LB. Don't see it for a lineman. Not going to "steal" a CB. Certainly he is indicating open to listening. Just still have a hunch. In Dorsey I trust.
Posted By: BpG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 05:39 PM
The more I see from the free agent safety market, the more it screams trading peppers for OBJ was shocking.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
The more I see from the free agent safety market, the more it screams trading peppers for OBJ was shocking.

Especially when they just could have kept Landon Collins with the franchise tag for less than he got on the market.
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 06:50 PM
I doubt it due to the cost. But, its all about targeting a player. If there is a Certain "ONE" that we got to have. It could happen, never say never.

Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 09:22 PM
I was just about to post this. If one of the guys we were going to take with that 1st pick drops, that's when we'll trade up. If not, then we might even trade down.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/15/19 11:14 PM
I saw some mock that had QBs going 1 & 2 overall and then I had the crazy idea of "what if Dorsey pulled off trading up to #3 and took Bosa?"
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I saw some mock that had QBs going 1 & 2 overall and then I had the crazy idea of "what if Dorsey pulled off trading up to #3 and took Bosa?"

We’d be giving up our next three first round picks.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 02:03 AM
Just sayin. If there's one thing I hate, (well hundreds), it's the trade value chart.

Whoever wrote that was trying to disinform unsmart people, I think.

I say take that chart and wad it up into a cylinder and slide it down into a hole next to where stiller championship rings can go too.
way down.

If teams are motivated, all it takes is a little bit of what kind of things have been given out in the past, and putting a number value chart out that skews the advantage of being a little bit earlier wayy too much is like listening to the government tell you what foods taste good.

It's -- I don't like it.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 02:24 AM

Could be Dorsey pulling a Jedi mind trick trying to get teams in the bottom half of the first to think trading out is a good idea.

It's that time of year. The smokescreens can have smokescreens.

Of course, if they do trade up it will be because one of those "15" was still sitting there.
Posted By: BDU Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 03:00 AM

Good point. I'd forgot about those comments. It depends who wants to drop and who is there. This might also be the point in which the likes of Duke Johnson or Christian Kirksey come in to play.

Going into conspiracy theory mode, I'm thinking Dorsey is just wondering if Mayock will poop the bed. He's picking 24th and 27th. Jon Gruden just publicly stated his advice to Mike Mayock is "Don't mess up" because "It took a lot of slings to get you three first round picks."

I wonder if Dorsey is just putting feelers out in case Mayock's guys come flying off the board sooner than expected and he starts thinking trade down to take the pressure off his selections. We need only to go back to 2017 to see the pressure on Njoku and Peppers to perform. Since 2015, only two pro-bowlers have come in the 20-32 range.

I think the more likely trade is actually moving into the second.

Philly have been heavily tied to Duke Johnson in a potential trade. Talk is that Dorsey wants a 3rd but they won't budge. Clever, because they don't have a 3rd to give - they do have 2x second round selections and 2x fourth round selections.

If 49 is worth 410 and 25 is worth 720, how much they value Duke Johnson might get Dorsey back in the first but I'm not seeing that. Still too much value difference for, as you say, a draft Dorsey doesn't think is loaded in the back end of the first.

Dorsey, however, might just be trying to move from 80 to Philly's later 2nd round selection at 57. That's a difference of 190 to 330 - a points difference in which Johnson would be equivalent to a late 3rd round value.

I don't think Dorsey doesn't value this draft, however. I think he just can see a lot of players with 2nd round value. He's got three 5th round selections and several players who could help him get that value.

I agree with Bard. Linebacker would have to be a clear target in any move up. Kirksey and Schobert are questionable. Talented, but questionable. Particularly Kirksey at almost $10M per year.

Devin Bush and Mack Wilson are two guys tipped to be around in the late first range. Both are undersized, ultra-athletic linebackers with great blitz and coverage abilities. Could be the move.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 02:11 PM
Mack Wilson could be avalible @ pick 80, let alone @49.
Posted By: BDU Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Mack Wilson could be avalible @ pick 80, let alone @49.

I was just going by NFL.com's grade and recent mock.

I should note, I'm really poorly informed on this draft. I've not been keeping up at all, thus my lack of posting, and I'm not even confident in who'll go in the first round.

I think this is the first offseason in my lifetime (28 years old) in which I've just sat back and enjoyed this damn team rather than desperately trying to fix them from my armchair of impactlessness.

Normally I'm pouring through as many prospects as possible. This year, I've watched this about ten times and re-watched Browns games + Mayfield/Chubb/Garrett/etc highlights so many times I know the words to some AWFUL rap music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdJU0Z7qfc

Apologies. Ignore anything I say about prospects until the draft unless I'm actually backing it up with something lmao.
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 03:39 PM
The trade chart is not the Bible. Its just a calculation that can used as a tool as to what is a good deal and what is giving up a lot. that's all. In your mock drafts and you got trades going on it is good use so that silly trades aren't done. NFL PROs...its just a good reminder on a sane deal.

jmho
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 05:45 PM
Quote:
I think this is the first offseason in my lifetime (28 years old) in which I've just sat back and enjoyed this damn team rather than desperately trying to fix them from my armchair of impactlessness

Sure is an unusual experience, isn't it?
Lots of Dawgs are feeling the disorientation this year.
Posted By: BpG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 09:10 PM
I would love to see Morris Claiborne on a 2 year front loaded deal.

Same with Zach Brown.

Suh still out there.

Stash Corey Luiget on PUP for a while?

also lol Jamie Collins still not signed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/16/19 11:36 PM
Quote:

also lol Jamie Collins still not signed.

He wasn't overpaid, but Landry is.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/23/19 06:01 PM
j/c

BREAKING: The Seattle Seahawks are trading DE Frank Clark to The Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a 2019 first-round pick, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of mid-round picks. (via Ian Rapoport)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/23/19 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

BREAKING: The Seattle Seahawks are trading DE Frank Clark to The Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a 2019 first-round pick, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of mid-round picks. (via Ian Rapoport)

If Frank Clark is worth that much, how much is Myles Garrett worth? We should definitely try to trade him for as much as possible.

(Joke.)
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/23/19 06:42 PM
I see the kicker for the 49ers has cut off talks and wants out of San Francisco. Gould...think we would have interest?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/23/19 06:43 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I see the kicker for the 49ers has cut off talks and wants out of San Francisco. Gould...think we would have interest?

If there is little compensation, yes. He's still franchise tagged so we can't just offer him a contract. It'd have to be a trade. Robbie Gould is one of the best.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/25/19 07:24 PM
The Cleveland Browns have signed WR Ishmael Hyman. He participated in the team’s minicamp this week on a tryout basis.

Hyman is 6-0, 196 pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of James Madison. Hyman helped JMU capture the 2016 FCS National Championship, while recording 29 receptions for 408 yards and four touchdowns as a senior. Most recently, Hyman was a member of the Orlando Apollos of the Alliance of American Football league. He is a native of Manalapan, N.J.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 12:03 AM
Good luck young man.

Carpe Diem!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 12:50 AM
He has an opportunity in the NFL. That's all he can ask for. He might be just a TC body, but he could be more than that.

Dorsey's been nailing it, in terms of evaluating talent, so there must be something to this kid.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 12:35 PM
Rumors were we were floating Callaway to the Chiefs last night ... I wonder if we target a WR to sign/draft if there's a move
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Rumors were we were floating Callaway to the Chiefs last night ... I wonder if we target a WR to sign/draft if there's a move

Hmmm, not sure I am board with that. I like Callaway as a deep threat.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 01:47 PM

I'd have to think with the Tyreek Hill developments, the Chiefs initiated this with the Browns. He fits the mold of Hill, but perhaps not as fast.

I wouldn't do this... I wouldn't even want Hill to come here.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 01:51 PM

I'd have to think with the Tyreek Hill developments, the Chiefs initiated this with the Browns. He fits the mold of Hill, but perhaps not as fast.

I wouldn't do this... I wouldn't even want Hill to come here.

That makes sense, KC initiating it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/26/19 02:15 PM
Yeah, not saying I'd do it either, just that I heard itI heard it
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/27/19 01:19 PM
Yeah, not saying I'd do it either, just that I heard itI heard it

Your beer can is empty. I heard an echo.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/27/19 01:20 PM
GratefulDawg...just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the tweets, stats and videos that you post in these forums. thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 01:22 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 09:34 PM
Everything is okay until they terminate Sarah Conner.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Everything is okay until they terminate Sarah Conner.
I thought his name was James.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 10:31 PM
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 10:59 PM
J/C

Dorsey should take a serious look at signing Gerald McCoy. I don't remember when it happens but there is a date beyond which signing free agents will not factor into next year's compensatory pick calculation. This is believed to be the reason that some veterans such as Suh, Tre Boston and others have not been signed.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/28/19 11:29 PM
Quote:
Sebastian Janikowski told ESPN that, after 19 seasons, he is retiring from NFL at the age of 41.

Geez, I still remember when the Raiders had the luxury of picking Janikowski in the first round back in 2000. He must have been the oldest NFL player.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Quote:
Sebastian Janikowski told ESPN that, after 19 seasons, he is retiring from NFL at the age of 41.

Geez, I still remember when the Raiders had the luxury of picking Janikowski in the first round back in 2000. He must have been the oldest NFL player.

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:24 AM
I can't stand Brady or his team.

It wouldn't bother me if Myles put him out of football next October
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:27 AM
That's just plain wrong.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:31 AM
I know, it's not a nice thing to say.

Not permanently out, not put him in a wheelchair....

If we were playing in the AFC championship game against NE, and he got injured in the first quarter, I'd be happy. If that is a character flaw or makes me a bad person, I don't care.

It's me being honest.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:33 AM
It's a character flaw.

That is me being honest.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:35 AM
Like I said, I don't care.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 01:56 AM
LOL
Posted By: cle23 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 04:26 AM
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
J/C

Dorsey should take a serious look at signing Gerald McCoy. I don't remember when it happens but there is a date beyond which signing free agents will not factor into next year's compensatory pick calculation. This is believed to be the reason that some veterans such as Suh, Tre Boston and others have not been signed.

Gerald McCoy isn't a FA, so he wouldn't factor in either way.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 04:40 AM
J/C

That date, May 1st, does not matter for us as we’ve already signed enough free agents that we aren’t getting any compensatory picks (we also haven’t lost any significant free agents.)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 04:44 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
J/C

That date, May 1st, does not matter for us as we’ve already signed enough free agents that we aren’t getting any compensatory picks (we also haven’t lost any significant free agents.)

I'm not positive, but I think you misinterpreted his post. Regardless, none of it really matters for the Browns in regards to comp picks.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 07:39 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

How about maybe the game.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 11:12 AM
Yeah, I unintentionally mixed apples with oranges. My main point is I'd like to get more heft for the interior DL. If McCoy and the Buc's remain at odds, he is under contract but they don't want to pay him, then look at remaining FAs.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 12:37 PM
Suh could do that as well as a FA. He's been pretty consistent and probably has a couple years left in him
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 12:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

How about maybe the game.

Sure! That'd be enough, haha....

No one felt bad for us when Harrison was knocking our guys out of games with his cheap shots.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 05:12 PM

If we were playing in the AFC championship game against NE, and he got injured in the first quarter, I'd be happy. If that is a character flaw or makes me a bad person, I don't care.

It's me being honest.

I'd rather just beat him/them straight up. Plus, you've probably forgotten our uncanny ability to make backups look like HoF's.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 05:47 PM
The sad part is it's never our backups that look like HOF'ers.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: cle23
J/C

Gerald McCoy isn't a FA, so he wouldn't factor in either way.

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/29/19 09:57 PM
The sad part is it's never our backups that look like HOF'ers.

...Baker started the Jets game as the backup....Just sayin' wink
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 01:59 AM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

It's me being honest.

I'd rather just beat him/them straight up. Plus, you've probably forgotten our uncanny ability to make backups look like HoF's.

I'd rather beat them straight up, too. But..... whatever gets the job done.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

It's me being honest.

I'd rather beat them straight up, too. But..... whatever gets the job done.

I don't care how we beat anyone; as long as we win.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 11:10 AM

I don't care how we beat anyone; as long as we win.

No, I prefer by far to win knowing that we deserved the 'W'...
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 11:14 AM
How would you feel or what would you do knowing that we shouldn't have won?
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 11:55 AM

Is this a trick question? The answer is obvious... You'd be a Steeler's fan.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 02:22 PM
j/c:

Good depth signing.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 02:25 PM

I would gladly take the 'W' while knowing that it was flukey and not holding out much hope for the next game...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Good depth signing.

He was a guy I thought Dorsey might have his eye on. He's had some injuries, though. Should be a good pick up for them if he can stay healthy.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 03:06 PM
I really like what the Colts have been doing the past couple of seasons.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 04/30/19 03:30 PM
the Colts really have made good moves
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 12:58 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 02:37 PM
The perfect landing spot for Ansah. 1% of me was hoping we would sign him as depth at edge rusher.

He’s probably not even going to be healthy to start the season.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 02:50 PM
I think that a lot of these guys are looking for a spot where they can come in and start. We probably could have beat the money Seattle gave him, but he'd be a backup here. (which would probably be best for him, given his injury history)

Man, I was just looking at Seattle's defense, and they are really piling up our castoffs.

Meder, Mingo, Orchard, and Kendricks all played for the Browns. (well, Kendricks was just a "stop, get indicted, leave", but still)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 03:33 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 03:58 PM
Is this how we're getting even for what the Walrus did to us?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 05:11 PM
When healthy, Ansah is a very good player. He's just been hurt a lot, so it is no surprise he wasn't highly sought after by NFL teams.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 05:57 PM

JAMAR TAYLOR
DB, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks signed CB Jamar Taylor.
Taylor struggled a bit last season, spending time with both the Cardinals and the Broncos. He was at least solid his two seasons in Cleveland, however, and can offer some depth to a corner corps which lost Justin Coleman to free agency.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 9, 2019, 11:04 AM ET
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 05:58 PM
Cleveland West Defense.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 05:59 PM
Another bad day for the Sashiettes ...

CODY KESSLER
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Jaguars waived QB Cody Kessler.

It was not a great situation, but Kessler looked overmatched in four starts last season, topping 160 passing yards once and finishing the year with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Still, he should land with another team as a backup candidate. Jacksonville's backup job will likely come down to 2018 sixth-rounder Tanner Lee and 2019 sixth-rounder Gardner Minshew.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 9, 2019, 12:19 PM ET
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 06:25 PM
I still can't believe Dorsey was able to get draft picks for Kessler and Hogan.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 06:29 PM
so clearly diam, you are privy to information most of us do not have. so you know for a fact that in draft day sashi asked hue what he thought of Kessler in the third and hue said avoid him like the plague, and brown took him anyway. or did hue give him a rousing endorsement and brown took him on the basis of our quarterback whisperer’s recommendation. of course you really have no idea but you think stirring up a big fuss amongst browns fans does what?? relieve your summer boredom??? truth is none of us knows how it went down and most of us would rather be talking 2019 season. trying to stir up a really really old pot is small minded and accomplishes nothing. why don’t you try moving on.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 06:58 PM
That's usually the way it goes. People blame those further down the food chain for the decisions they make when they end up being poor decisions.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 07:21 PM
People have selective memory around here....
Posted By: jfanent Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 07:29 PM
Quote:

Lol. I can't believe he said, "You'll have to trust me on this one". ....oh, wait....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I still can't believe Sashi was able to get draft picks for Andy Lee, Justin Gilbert, and Cam Erving.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:27 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:29 PM
Cam Erving? .... u sure u wanna use him as an example .... rofl ...

Did your boy use any of the picks he acquired in the trades of Lee or Gilbert to draft Kessler ... *L* ...

Erving belongs more in the category of players like Schwartz and Haden who Sashi got GREAT VALUE for in trades .... oh wait .... rofl ...
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:34 PM

Oh geez.

Could we please not turn this into another one of your guy's agenda threads?

Thank you kindly.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:35 PM

Chancellor has been hurt, no?

How is he doing with that? Is he good to go?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:43 PM
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 08:45 PM
I guess I should have just clicked the link in the tweet you posted... oopsie. cool
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 09:16 PM
I really vividly some on this board were saying Kessler was a far better QB than Dak Prescott
as Kessler was drafted before him.
and this after Prescott was moving the ball in the preseason
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 09:31 PM

This seems like pretty big news. Although Baldwin has been disappointing as of late. Chancellor is old.

I'd say the Seahawks are possibly rebuilding but they have Wilson and he just signed a contract extension.

This isn't your mother's Seahawks anymore, though. Thats for sure.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

Lol. I can't believe he said, "You'll have to trust me on this one". ....oh, wait....

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 10:07 PM
Has this become the Seattle Seahawks board?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 11:21 PM
j/c:

Good God! The hypocrisy is off the charts. It's okay to bash one guy daily, but then turn around and throw a fit if someone dares mention the other guy even once.

You guys have turned this board into middle school lunch room.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 11:30 PM
j/c:

Good God! The hypocrisy is off the charts. It's okay to bash one guy daily, but then turn around and throw a fit if someone dares mention the other guy even once.

You guys have turned this board into middle school lunch room.

Someone is still concerned about being searched for saying "Sashi" and equally concerned if someone will do the same when searching "Hue".

rofl So obvious.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 11:33 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/09/19 11:45 PM
Thanks Grateful for trying to keep the thread on track. Some of us appreciate it.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:41 AM
so pit, let me rephrase what you just said in plain English. I also have no idea how things went down on draft day so I will just say something meaningless to add to the conversation.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:58 AM
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
so pit, let me rephrase what you just said in plain English. I also have no idea how things went down on draft day so I will just say something meaningless to add to the conversation.

Keith, what does this have to do w/free agency?
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:09 AM
ask diam. it was all football until his silly “sashiettes”comment.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:43 AM
The ole bait and switch.

Those guys ruin threads but will turn it around and blame you for not talking football or being off topic.

It's a tired act.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:24 AM
Or, when someone makes a Hue or Sashi reference we can just ignore it instead of having to comment on it every single time.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:39 AM

I still can't believe Sashi was able to get draft picks for Andy Lee, Justin Gilbert, and Cam Erving.

That is no where near as surprising as getting a pick for Kessler.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:19 PM
We got a 4th rounder for a punter.

A. Fourth. Rounder.

The fourth rounder turned into Jarvis Landry. Yes, it is surprising.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:46 PM

A. Fourth. Rounder.

And that's not all... Don't forget, the 7th round pick we also traded for Landry was essentially acquired by us trading Justin Gilbert.

We basically traded Andy Lee (a punter) and Justin Gilbert (a crap CB who isn't even in the league today) for Jarvis Landry. Oh, and I know he's no longer with us, but we also ended up with Sammie Coates out of the deal. And there are many who will tell you what a great trade that was...

I don't know that it's about ignoring "them." It's more about calling out the ones who pull things from thin air to make him look bad. The "anti-Sashiettes" will make up anything to bash him. Some of us maybe just feel obligated to correct them. I imagine it'll be a never ended battle until they stop fabricating or manipulating the Truth.

And let's get back on topic before they ruin another thread.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:51 PM
Quote:
I don't know that it's about ignoring "them." It's more about calling out the ones who pull things from thin air to make him look bad. The "anti-Sashiettes" will make up anything to bash him. Some of us maybe just feel obligated to correct them. I imagine it'll be a never ended battle until they stop fabricating or manipulating the Truth.

And let's get back on topic before they ruin another thread.

Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 12:59 PM

A. Fourth. Rounder.

That wasn’t the entire trade if i recall correctly ....

I believe we sent them like a 6th or 7th round pick back .... if i’m wrong the sashiettes will let me know .... *L* ....

We also gave up two picks for VG if i recall correctly ..... sashiettes am i wrong?

If my memory is correct .... NICE FACTUAL POST, u in politics by any chance .... *L* ....
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 01:03 PM
Yes, we added in a 7th. Doesn't change the fact we got a 4th in the deal. Keep up.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 03:09 PM
Sashi died so we could live. He stinks so bad he can't get a job in the NFL and you all praise his him in Glory. All hail the church of Sashi. Or is it a cult?

I vote cult.
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 05:07 PM
well had a nice long post about FA..then something flashed all blue and it was all deleted...lol

just one thing I will repost. Just who did Seattle pickup on defense that were Browns....I saw Jamar Taylor but who else?
I ask this cause I read some posts suggesting Seattle is becoming Browns West Coast???

End of an era. Chancellor and Baldwin being released.

Baldwin was one of the most over Achieving WR I can remember coming into the NFL just such a good route runner and great hands.

It seems like the Seahawks have been rebuilding for a couple of years. I feel bad for Wilson that kid keeps that team afloat and competitive...I think its funny cause I picture their FO trying to get a losing team going for a year so they can get a top pick in every round starting off by picking up a Rookie Franchise Prospect at QB...Wilson keeps on ruining that...lol laugh

When are they going to fire Pete Carroll...Is he that good, I cannot tell cause he seems to be all rah rah don't know how much the strategy and technique being done is him or he hires great assistants???

Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 05:14 PM
I think they are referring to guys like Nate Orchard, Jamie Meder, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Currie, and Mychal Kendricks... One time or another they were all Browns.

And I recall at one point last season people thought the Seahawks could end up with #1 pick in the draft... meanwhile, they went to the playoffs.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 05:19 PM
Sashi died so we could live. He stinks so bad he can't get a job in the NFL and you all praise his him in Glory. All hail the church of Sashi. Or is it a cult?

I vote cult.

You Hue-humpers derail more threads than any other group, cult, demographic, posse', fan, non-fan, etc. It's not even close.

No one on this board cares that Sashi is gone. You and others are trying to keep that LIE alive.

We are undoubtedly better-off with Dorsey & Kitchens. Everyone on this board knows that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 05:36 PM
Blah, blah..... blah blah blah....

#liberaltears
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 06:59 PM
one thing you can count on , Willie. when pit has nothing to add.......he adds something.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 07:02 PM
If it were an isolated case I could understand your comment. But it's far more wide spread than that. But carry on. I've got broad shoulders. wink
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 09:08 PM
pit, I would bet $100 that nobody on this board really wants to talk about either hue Jackson or sashi brown. nobody! we want to talk about a browns team on the precipice of something really special, something we have not seen in a long time. but one inane comment stirs up all sorts of angst and diverts an interesting thread into the muck and mire. why someone feels a need to stir that up is beyond me. there is a lot to talk about not named Jackson or brown.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 09:10 PM
Is it okay to talk about Jackson Brown? He has a great voice.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 09:16 PM
Jester, I think a little “running on empty” is always appropriate.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:10 PM
Hue Jackson's name is trashed multiple times per day. Somehow that is okay, but if someone dares mention Sashi in a negative light, the same old crew goes off and starts their personal attacks.

Someone called people Hue Humpers. First of all, that is inappropriate. Secondly, it demonstrates how far the Sashi crowd will go. Hell, no one is even defending Hue Jackson anymore. That all ended when he got fired.

It's the Sashi cult that won't let things go.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:20 PM
sorry, but you need to go back to the top of page 3 and see who first mentioned sashi. maybe you should take your complaint there. had he not mentioned “sashiettes” neither sashi nor hue would have been mentioned and it would have been all football. I thought that was what you wanted
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:24 PM
Comment to both sides:

Neither Sashi nor Hue is part of the team anymore. Each had very few positive contributions to the long tern success of this team.

They're gone. Both of them. I wish people would just stop throwing pissing parties over people who are no longer present. crazy

I mean, I could understand if the team was 14-2, and one of them sabotaged the other ..... but that didn't happen. The team stunk, and both men contributed to it.

I was very glad when we hired Hue, and thought he was the right guy for the job. I was wrong. It happens. Sashi never should have been put in the position he was put in. He just wasn't qualified. It appears that Haslem has learned from his repeated failures, and has hired a legitimate football brain to lead football operations. That man hired a coach I happen to think is going to do quite well, and who hired what I think is one heck of a staff.

The future awaits, and it certainly looks like it could be a bright one. Why live in a failed past; fighting over which guy sucked less? crazy
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:33 PM
Once again, you are misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say they brought it up first. I said that they trash Hue multiple times a day and for the most part, no one says a damn thing. Not one person has been defending Hue.

However, if one person [which is what happened in this case] says one thing that might be negative about Sashi, the Sashi supporters come out in full force and wage war.

Save your BS for someone else because the same guys who get so upset over one little comment about Sashi are the same guys who trash Hue day in and day out.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:33 PM
I agree w/you.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 10:39 PM
Then don't "take the bait". Bait, throw in the water, will eventually just sink to the bottom if no fish takes it.

I wish that both sides of this stupid argument would just learn to walk away from no win arguments, where both sides can only lose.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:22 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

CODY KESSLER
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

It was not a great situation, but Kessler looked overmatched in four starts last season, topping 160 passing yards once and finishing the year with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Still, he should land with another team as a backup candidate. Jacksonville's backup job will likely come down to 2018 sixth-rounder Tanner Lee and 2019 sixth-rounder Gardner Minshew.

Old age I suppose. You seem to forget that Kessler was a Hue pick. He was the one saying wait and see. Hue's fingerprints were all over that pick.

Don't try to change history bro. Hue was on his knees for the guy.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:23 PM

We almost have too many guys at this point, but I'd love to have Kyle Rudolph in a two tight end set with Njoku, OBJ, Callaway, and Chubb.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:31 PM
Too much money. Njoku is heading to his prime. We can go with a rook or young guy and take it from there.

I doubt we go with 2 TE's who would want to see 70 or more targets a season.

Targets is what turns in to real money. Blocking only puts you one cheaper rookie away from being out of a job.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:34 PM
Too much money. Njoku is heading to his prime. We can go with a rook or young guy and take it from there.

I doubt we go with 2 TE's who would want to see 70 or more targets a season.

Targets is what turns in to real money. Blocking only puts you one cheaper rookie away from being out of a job.

FYI to all... David Njoku is only 22 years old and going into his 3rd year. He'll be 23 when the season starts.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:35 PM
We almost have too many guys at this point, but I'd love to have Kyle Rudolph in a two tight end set with Njoku, OBJ, Callaway, and Chubb.

As you said, it's almost like we have too many guys. The set above leaves out Landry.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:40 PM

CODY KESSLER
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Old age I suppose. You seem to forget that Kessler was a Hue pick. He was the one saying wait and see. Hue's fingerprints were all over that pick.

I felt then, as I do now, that Hue wanted to give his just-drafted player some confidence. It was his first draft as Browns coach.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/10/19 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

As you said, it's almost like we have too many guys. The set above leaves out Landry.

Injuries happen. We should be all in this year and next year before we have to pay Garrett.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 12:22 AM
Rudollph to the Pats almost makes too much sense
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 12:27 AM
Good point.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:03 AM
Quote:
Hue Jackson's name is trashed multiple times per day.

Well, when you coach a team to 1-31, you're not going to get praised multiple times per day. Hue sucked as our coach. Sashi sucked as our GM. Both of them sucking led to our being in the position we're in. They're worthy of discussion and being brought up in Browns football threads. I thought Diam bringing up the Sashiettes was funny. I'll bet you did too. No need to get your panties in a knot every time Hue's mentioned.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:09 AM
No offense, but you are misunderstanding my point.

I defended Hue w/a passion. But, he was fired and I no longer defend him. He's gone. I've moved on. I do get sick of certain posters continually hijacking threads, though.

I didn't giggle when Diam mentioned Sashi. I actually didn't like it because I knew all the Sashi guys would come out and go crazy yet again. And they say weird things like "Hue Humpers" and "Hue was on his knees." LOL.....strange rangers.

My real point is that the same guys who make fun of Hue daily freak out by one single post that portrays Sashi negatively.

And both dudes are out of the league. How great are they that they can't even get a freaking job? The thing is that no one is defending Hue. But, several are still fighting the dumb ass Sashi fight.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:25 AM
Quote:
Reports: Dolphins make Xavien Howard NFL's highest-paid CB

Yahoo Sports Jason Owens,Yahoo Sports Thu, May 9 7:49 PM EDT

The Miami Dolphins have reportedly made Xavien Howard the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL.

ESPN and NFL Network report that Howard has agreed to an extension worth $76.5 million with $46 million guaranteed over five years. According to ESPN, that’s the largest contract for a cornerback in the NFL.
Howard coming off first Pro Bowl nod

The Dolphins selected Howard in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft out of Baylor. In 35 games over three seasons, Howard has tallied 11 interceptions and 31 passes defensed.

He earned a Pro Bowl nod last season after totaling seven interceptions and 12 passes defensed in 12 starts.

Howard is joined by second-year safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in anchoring a promising young secondary in South Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-dol...-234953955.html

I don't know anything about this guy. Is he that good?
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:38 AM
He's gone. I've moved on. I do get sick of certain posters continually hijacking threads, though.

Then I would strongly suggest to you and the two mini you's to actually move on and trying to make every thread a Sashi thread. I know there is a fat chance of that happening, but none of you has actually moved on and need to hear this as much as we keep hearing the Sashi crap.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:42 AM
I strongly suggest you are full of crap. I never even brought Sashi up in this thread. Diam made one comment and you guys twisted off.

I haven't brought Sashi up for awhile. Yet, the Sashi guys abuse Hue in almost every freaking thread on this forum and then throw a hissy fit over one freaking post that wasn't even that bad by Diam.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:43 AM
Ahh yes .... i forgot the RULES ....

- all good picks sashi and the analytics team ...

- all bad picks on hue ...

Thanks for the reminder ... Sorry about the brain fart ... *L* ...

PS. I’m a lot younger than u sir ... my memories just fine ... thumbsup

Now on to a serious topic ...

Watch out for D. Harris at TE ... he’s an extremely gifted athlete that could challenge Njoku for PT ... i wouldn’t sell that kid short ...

TABBER your boy DeValve is in trouble with that signing ... sorry bro ...
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:49 AM
I strongly suggest you are full of crap. I never even brought Sashi up in this thread. Diam made one comment and you guys twisted off.

I haven't brought Sashi up for awhile. Yet, the Sashi guys abuse Hue in almost every freaking thread on this forum and then throw a hissy fit over one freaking post that wasn't even that bad by Diam.

There's one of the two mini you's. You guys can talk about it all in your next PM session where you all talk about how you got over it almost 3 years later.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 01:58 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about. But, whatever. You are proving my point.

I'm out. I made my point and stand by it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 02:39 AM
j/c:

I heard Nate Orchard got released by the Seahawks when they signed Ansah.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 02:58 AM
That's too bad. I hope he finds a home for a while. He's a a great father, and seems like a great husband.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 06:53 AM
Quote:

The Miami Dolphins have reportedly made Xavien Howard the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL.

ESPN and NFL Network report that Howard has agreed to an extension worth $76.5 million with $46 million guaranteed over five years. According to ESPN, that’s the largest contract for a cornerback in the NFL.

The Dolphins selected Howard in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft out of Baylor. In 35 games over three seasons, Howard has tallied 11 interceptions and 31 passes defensed.

He earned a Pro Bowl nod last season after totaling seven interceptions and 12 passes defensed in 12 starts.

Howard is joined by second-year safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in anchoring a promising young secondary in South Florida.

For a CORNER! I'm really laughing, with every sentence, laughing reading this, oh my, there's no way they'll sustain this for long,

15 and a half per year for 5 years for a Corner,
apparently a 4th year guy with one really good year, last year.

WOW.

Ask myself this, if I pay 15.5 per, to "one corner"?
How much is my starting Quarterback going to ask for, if I ever get one?

Crazy funny, I find this.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 08:29 AM
Guess I missed signing D Harris. I'll have to go find out who he is

Ahhhh, now I remember. You could be right. Near anybody would sit behind Kelce. Bring it on. I don't care who is catching first downs and TD's.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 08:49 AM
For the record, the on his knees reference was as in praying.

Anyway, you are right, there are much better things to talk about. Those were dim times. Happy days are here again.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 04:45 PM
too bad about Orchard ... hope he gets another shot
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 06:56 PM

CODY KESSLER
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

I felt then, as I do now, that Hue wanted to give his just-drafted player some confidence. It was his first draft as Browns coach.

I had no idea that newer HC's made draft picks. So Peen's opinion came as quite a shock to me. I mean we all know if a HC tries to publicly support a player he must have drafted him, right?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 07:58 PM
Quote:
I had no idea that newer HC's made draft picks. So Peen's opinion came as quite a shock to me. I mean we all know if a HC tries to publicly support a player he must have drafted him, right?

I guess you'll just have to trust him on that one. laugh
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/11/19 09:04 PM
What difference does it make? banghead

Let it die. You guys keep grudges and old nearly dead arguments on life support better than anyone I know. crazy
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
What difference does it make? banghead

Let it die. You guys keep grudges and old nearly dead arguments on life support better than anyone I know. crazy

I'll tell you what difference it makes (as if ANYTHING posted on a message board makes any difference).

Hue was brought here and was touted as a QB Whisperer. He was specifically tasked to ASSIST the org in finding - and then developing - a QB. He then promptly fell in love with RG3...the org then skipped on Wentz in the draft...then Hue's own quote on "Trust me" did him no favors - regardless of his intent.

Pit's comment feigning outrage over a "newer" HC being involved in draft decisions is an attempt to ignore/re-write history. That's why Hue was brought here in the first place. It's just one of his many failures.

Lastly, one wouldn't get away with attempting to re-write history while sitting in a bar with buddies drinking a beer. They certainly are unlikely to get away with it on a message board.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 02:39 PM
Just a quick correction:

"Trust me" was regarding Kessler.

"The earth shook beneath my feet" was for RG3.

Carry on. thumbsup
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 04:58 PM
J/C

Just an observation from somebody not invested in any to this historical crap.

I wonder how many of you guys are married because the way some of you hold on to ish must make your marriages a living hell.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 06:45 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 06:46 PM
A good day for the Sashiettes ... thumbsup

CODY KESSLER

QB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Eagles signed QB Cody Kessler, formerly of the Jaguars.

The deal has been agreed to, but won't be official until Monday. Kessler took only a few days to resurface after being let go by Jacksonville last week. In Philadelphia, the 26-year-old will compete with Nate Sudfeld and fifth-round Clayton Thorson for backup reps behind starter Carson Wentz, who is still recovering from last year's back injury. The 2016 third-rounder has made 12 career starts including four last season after the Jags benched Blake Bortles.

May 12, 2019, 12:54 PM ET
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/12/19 06:53 PM

CODY KESSLER

QB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Eagles signed QB Cody Kessler, formerly of the Jaguars.

The deal has been agreed to, but won't be official until Monday. Kessler took only a few days to resurface after being let go by Jacksonville last week. In Philadelphia, the 26-year-old will compete with Nate Sudfeld and fifth-round Clayton Thorson for backup reps behind starter Carson Wentz, who is still recovering from last year's back injury. The 2016 third-rounder has made 12 career starts including four last season after the Jags benched Blake Bortles.

May 12, 2019, 12:54 PM ET

Hue's protegy lives! thumbsup
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 01:07 AM

Sashi-ites I can live with, but Sashiettes not so much...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 01:08 AM
Wave those Sashi pom poms lol.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Wave those Sashi pom poms lol.

I don't look so good in one of those outfits, Eve... rofl
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 02:20 AM
sashi'ites
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 10:04 AM
I suspect Landry to get a few targets. Good, better, best. Is Kyle Rudolph gold for the Browns at this point?
Posted By: Haus Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 03:02 PM
Quote:

PFF had a writeup about him a few days ago.. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...back-in-the-nfl

Dolphins gamble on Xavien Howard, make him highest-paid cornerback in the NFL

The Miami Dolphins’ brass is all officially all in on Xavien Howard.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Miami signed Howard to a five-year, $76.5 million deal with $46 million guaranteed on Thursday night, making him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. The record-setting extension follows what was a career year for the 2016 second-round pick, as Howard earned career-highs in overall grade (77.3), run-defense grade (83.6) and coverage grade (75.3) across 803 defensive snaps in 2018.

Howard’s career, however, has been marred with ups and downs. Among the 114 NFL cornerbacks targeted 100 or more times in the last three years (2016-18), he ranks just 58th in coverage grade (70.3), 42nd in forced incompletion percentage (15.9%), and 42nd in yards allowed per coverage snap (1.10).

The 6-foot-1, 192-pound Baylor product has ideal size, length and athletic ability to play press man and thrive in the NFL, but the results are inconsistent. He’s flashed elite play in press man in bursts throughout his career, but his three-year grades in man coverage, both at and away from the line of scrimmage, are underwhelming. He’s earned 30.0 and 29.9 coverage grades in press man in 2017 and 2018, respectively, largely because his highlight-reel plays are too often followed up by penalties.

[Editor’s Notes: To view all of Xavien Howard‘s career grades and advanced stats, check out his player page in Premium Stats 2.0!]

Only five NFL cornerbacks have been penalized on a higher percentage of their targets in the last three seasons than Howard, and a stark majority of his coverage penalties are a product of getting too physical or grabby in press man coverage. In fact, 18 of the 21 coverage penalties he has committed in his career have been called when he’s been in press man coverage.

In fact, if we remove Howard’s penalties in man coverage from the equation, his three-year coverage grade jumps from 56.8 to 77.3.

Committing penalties at Howard’s rate will always have a negative effect on a cornerback’s coverage grade in PFF’s system, making it no surprise that he’s earned better grades in zone coverage throughout his career. His play in zone isn’t much better and still very much inconsistent, but there are fewer bad plays on his tape when handed zone-coverage responsibilities as opposed to man.

In 2018, Howard allowed 11 receptions from 22 targets for 131 yards, zero touchdowns and just four first downs in Cover-2, Cover-3 and Quarters looks. He also logged four forced incompletions, including two interceptions, and ranked tied for 12th in coverage grade (81.4) among cornerbacks with 20 more targets in said coverages on the year. His 26.8 passer rating allowed in the three coverages led all qualifying cornerbacks this past season.

Turn our attention to his targets of 10-plus air yards in zone coverage this past season, and his 70.2 coverage grade and 26.7% forced incompletion percentage rank 14th and eighth, respectively, among 80 qualifiers.

The same natural ability (i.e., size, length, athleticism, speed) that made Miami determined to turn Howard into an elite press-man cornerback in the NFL shows up in his play in zone coverage. And he’s less prone to penalties when removed from the tight one-on-one situations he’ll find himself in when playing man coverage.

While all teams want their version of Stephon Gilmore – the NFL’s highest-graded cornerback overall and in press man a year ago – new Dolphins defensive coordinator Brian Flores isn’t bringing him to South Beach. And as much as Flores will want Howard to fill Gilmore’s shoes in Miami’s defense without a hitch, more harm than good will follow suit if he can’t hone Howard’s physicality and do away with absurd penalty rate.

The safer play is to limit Howard’s snaps in press man and pick his battles for him depending on the matchup, giving him less opportunity to see flags thrown his way and more opportunity to have high-floor production in off-zone coverage. The aggressive play, the likelier of the two options with Flores at the helm, is to bank on Howard improving in Year 4 to the tune of much fewer penalties and lockdown-man coverage across all matchups.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 03:11 PM
The Cleveland Browns have signed RB L.J. Scott. To make room on the roster, the team waived RB Devante Mays.

Scott is an undrafted rookie out of Michigan State, measuring at 6-0, 227 pounds. He closed out his four-year career as a Spartan ranking ninth among the program’s all-time leaders in rushing yards (2,855) and carries (610), as well as placing 12th in rushing touchdowns (25). Scott played in 43 career games, including 23 starts, and added nine 100-yard rushing performances. Additionally, he paced the team in rushing three consecutive seasons from 2015-17. Scott is a native of Youngstown, Ohio and graduated from Hubbard High School.

Mays, a second-year player, spent 10 weeks on the team’s practice squad last season.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/13/19 04:16 PM
Scott is a very good RB ... If he can stay healthy???
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 05:43 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 10:04 PM

Collins is not going to be on the Patriots long if he gives the effort he gave for us.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 10:13 PM
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 10:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ay-for-patriots

I find this a truly strange signing.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 10:43 PM
When the Browns are so hot that even their castoffs get snatched up.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 10:51 PM
Inversely, if he does give the effort he gave here for the Patriots, he could find himself back in the Brown and Orange tongue
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

The Patriots value guys who know their system. They often bring guys back after they've been cut loose. They just brought back Benjamin Watson. In the past they've brought back Brian Hoyer, Patrick Chung, and a few others.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:15 PM
Hoyer and the rest didn't get cut loose because of attitude, though...
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:20 PM
Yeah - it was Collins lack of effort, lack of sticking to his responsibility and his attitude that made him expendable. . . he's not like those other cats you mentioned.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:21 PM
Good luck, Nate. I hope you stick w/the Dolphins.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:22 PM
Collins was a much better player than given credit.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:28 PM

Yup.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:32 PM
I actually think he was much worse than most people thought. It wasn't until last year that people caught on that he was a lazy piece of crap who took poor angles to the ball to avoid contact and was a terrible example to the young guys on the team.

He still has a few defenders, but that's only because they are still fighting a fight that was lost long ago.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:37 PM
I actually think he was much worse than most people thought. It wasn't until last year that people caught on that he was a lazy piece of crap who took poor angles to the ball to avoid contact and was a terrible example to the young guys on the team.

He still has a few defenders, but that's only because they are still fighting a fight that was lost long ago.

I guess Bill Belicheck is one of those defenders. Not sure what fight he is fighting?

We just disagree, as you would say..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:45 PM
I thought BB traded him?

Perhaps Collins has been humbled and he can live up to his immense athletic ability? He didn't play well here. That's why Dorsey let him go. Hell, he tried to trade him and couldn't find any takers. BB found a sucker in Sashi.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/15/19 11:58 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 12:07 AM
I thought BB traded him?

Perhaps Collins has been humbled and he can live up to his immense athletic ability? He didn't play well here. That's why Dorsey let him go. Hell, he tried to trade him and couldn't find any takers. BB found a sucker in Sashi.

I wasn't even thinking of Sashi….lol....you are the one who keeps that alive.....Bill just took him back. That tells me something....If he sucked as bad as you think he was, Bill wouldn't have, unless of course you think Bill is a dunce.

So you think Bill Bellicheck is a dunce?

That isn't putting words in your mouth....something I know you would claim....that is a question......note the punctuation.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 12:13 AM
This will be my last post on it. I already said that BB traded Collins.

I already said that Dorsey tried to trade Collins and could not find any takers. That includes BB.

I already said that Collins has a lot of athletic talent. However, he was available for a long time. Why is that? Because he has played so well in the last few years?

I never even once insinuated that BB was a dunce. He has taken chances on other guys before. That isn't stupid. Give an athlete a shot. He signed Kenny Britt. The guy gave him nothing. He signed K2. He gave him very little. He has brought in a ton of guys after they were released. Most are released again. That doesn't make him a dunce.

However, it does not prove that Collins played well in Cleveland.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 12:24 AM
We just disagree....cool
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 01:02 AM

Its official ...

NATE ORCHARD
LB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins signed LB Nate Orchard.

Orchard got the deal after working out at minicamp. He split time between Buffalo and Kansas City last year — playing in just four games. Orchard became expendable after Seattle signed Ziggy Ansah but should have an easier path to snaps in Miami.

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
May 15, 2019, 7:04 PM ET
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 01:03 AM
The #Chiefs agreed to trade terms with #Jets, sending a 6th round 2020 for Darren Lee

@Rapsheet
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 01:12 AM
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 01:13 AM
That tells me something....If he sucked as bad as you think he was, Bill wouldn't have, unless of course you think Bill is a dunce.

So you think Bill Bellicheck is a dunce?

Folks said the same thing when BB let him go...And folks used BB's 'greatness' to trash the Browns decision to bring him on board... Folks said he must be trash. It's obvious he doesn't listen to game plan.. He freelances too much.. On and On and On...

Now BB has him back in NE, and now I see the same thing. More taking up for anything that BB does.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
The #Chiefs agreed to trade terms with #Jets, sending a 6th round 2020 for Darren Lee

@Rapsheet

thats it?? dang.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 02:12 AM

I'm curious as to how you could see that based on his play on the field?

He was a guy who made tackles down the field. He was not an impact player anywhere near the LOS. He ran himself out of plays. He missed tackles. Was he the worst OLB in the NFL? No. Was he even average? I don't think so. I think that his play was below average, and ineffective. That's why he's gone.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

@Rapsheet

thats it?? dang.

This is the move when teams want to get rid of a failed first round pick. We did the same with Gilbert and Erving. The Chiefs aren't in a position to claim him so they give up a late round pick to give him a shot.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 02:36 AM
You keep mentioning Cam Erving, but I thought he was a starter for the most dynamic offense in the league? Is that wrong?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 02:38 AM
He was a backup that was forced to play because of injury.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 02:41 AM
You keep mentioning Cam Erving, but I thought he was a starter for the most dynamic offense in the league? Is that wrong?

When we had him he was horrible and we just were trying to move his contract. That was my only point.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 03:05 AM
Cam Irving got shoved around, missed assignments, was slow to block and was a penalty machine. I'm glad he's having a career resurection, because he seemed like a nice guy, but he was trash as a Brown.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 04:30 PM
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/16/19 07:23 PM
Now that LJ Scott is gone, I suppose this is competition for Hilliard's spot, camp fodder or bolstering Special Teams (I don't know his history as a KR/PR).
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/19/19 03:23 PM
D'ernests highlights are pretty impressive. Much better IMO compared to Scott of MSU.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/21/19 09:15 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/22/19 09:17 PM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 02:07 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 02:12 PM
Of course the Raiders would.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 02:19 PM
lol i coulda guessed
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 02:27 PM
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 02:50 PM
Desperate for talent...I remember those days...lol as in One year ago rofl

Raiders will most likely fail cause its about making the puzzle pieces fit. Right now they are in Spit Ball land.

jmho
Posted By: Haus Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 06:27 PM
There are too many head cases on the Raiders and it's only a matter of time before it comes back to bite them.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 09:16 PM
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 09:39 PM

Making room for McCoy?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/28/19 11:25 PM
Making room for recently released Anthony Davis of 49ers (dorsey just wants a looksie).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/29/19 12:59 PM
Davis could be a possibility ..w as he released due to poor play or poor contract?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/29/19 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Making room for recently released Anthony Davis of 49ers (dorsey just wants a looksie).

Man, he hasn't even been reinstated yet, IIRC. He hasn't played in an NFL game since what .... 2014? Who knows? I guess it's possible ..... but he's got to be a real longshot, despite his talent.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 05/29/19 02:53 PM
Eh. You just replaced one long shot with another long shot. That's what teams do this time of the year. Churn the bottom of the roster over trying to find jewels that have been overlooked.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/04/19 11:45 PM
So, we missed out on McCoy. Do we look at remaining free agent DT's? I think Corey Luiget and Mohammed Wilkerson are still available.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/05/19 04:58 PM
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/05/19 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

We gotta get.... (you know the rest)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/05/19 09:41 PM

Trent Williams would be nice but I bet he would want a new contract. A new contract for him would not be cheap (he is one of the best left tackles in the league). While we have money to spend, we don't have $16 million per year over the next three years type of money.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/06/19 02:32 PM

Hmmm....Trent Williams or Greg Robinson at LT?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 06/06/19 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

Hmmm....Trent Williams or Greg Robinson at LT?

Unless we're not breaking the bank, stick with Robinson.
With the weapons Mayfield has at his disposal, Robinson won't typically have to block for long.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/22/19 06:58 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/22/19 08:06 PM
Hmm, could be a guy to replace Hunt until he returns? Is he good on STs?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/22/19 08:33 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/22/19 08:36 PM
It seems like we had some offensive linemen working out:

I am for as many Pacific Islanders as possible.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/22/19 08:44 PM
Kouandjio was someone highly touted going to college
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 02:09 AM

No, his brother was.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 02:53 AM
At least they are getting an opportunity. Not a lot of guys do.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 09:50 AM

No, his brother was.
thanks Dep
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 07:41 PM
Redskins surprisingly cut 2018 leading tackler Mason Foster right before camp
Yahoo Sports Frank Schwab,Yahoo Sports

Teams generally don’t wait until July 23 to cut a possible starting inside linebacker.

But the Washington Redskins did it on Tuesday, releasing Mason Foster in a surprising move, according to multiple reports. Foster wasn’t guaranteed to start again, but Washington is thin at the position after Reuben Foster’s season-ending knee injury, and Mason Foster did start all 16 games last season.

[Join or create a 2019 Yahoo Fantasy Football league for free today]

The timing was unusual. Most teams wouldn’t wait until the eve of training camp to make a decision like that.

Mason Foster was a full-time player
Foster was productive in 2018. He played 1,014 snaps, playing every single defensive snap in 13 of Washington’s 16 games. He played 98.2 percent of Washington’s snaps, racking up 131 tackles and two interceptions.

Foster wasn’t guaranteed to start this season, however. The team has Jon Bostic and Shaun Dion Hamilton at inside linebacker. Foster has experience and isn’t a liability, and Reuben Foster’s injury seemed to ensure they’d keep him around for depth.

But with camp about to start, the Redskins moved on.

Redskins save $4 million on salary cap
The Redskins save $4 million in salary-cap space by cutting Foster, though it’s hard to figure out what they’d spend those savings on. Perhaps it could be used to end a standoff with veteran left tackle Trent Williams, who is holding out.

It’s a tough spot for Foster to be in. He’s 30 and teams have made most of their main roster decisions well before camps start. Washington did him no favors by making a move it could have made months ago.

Players will come and go over the next few weeks as camps and preseason get going. It was a surprise, however, what the Redskins did Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/redskins-su...-165316241.html
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 08:32 PM
Well, he’s horrendous against the pass and called out the team on social media .. this isn’t a huge surprise. But I expect him to be signed somewhere ... he’s a good 2 down LB
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/23/19 11:32 PM
Well, he’s horrendous against the pass and called out the team on social media .. this isn’t a huge surprise. But I expect him to be signed somewhere ... he’s a good 2 down LB

He Ain't a 2 Down anything if he played 98% of the snaps and all of the snaps through 13 games.

He had 131 tackles in a linebacker role, which probably means he stops the Run.

Run Stopping Linebacker???

A key weakness of the Browns in the lead up to trying to win the division in 2019.

And Served up on a silver platter, 1 day before Camp.

WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

He Ain't a 2 Down anything if he played 98% of the snaps and all of the snaps through 13 games.

He had 131 tackles in a linebacker role, which probably means he stops the Run.

Run Stopping Linebacker???

A key weakness of the Browns in the lead up to trying to win the division in 2019.

And Served up on a silver platter, 1 day before Camp.

WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY!
Well, let’s say that he SHOULD be a 2 down LB based on his evaluations and their struggles last season
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:17 PM
IF KJ feels we need help with the DL rotation ... here it is ...

MIKE DANIELS
DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Packers released DL Mike Daniels.

This is a stunning move as teams open training camp. Daniels turned 30 this offseason and was coming off a 2018 that saw him miss the final six games with a foot injury. But there had been no word he was in danger of losing his job. There was a report the Packers planned to scale back Daniels' snaps due to a better supporting cast, but he made the Pro Bowl in 2017 and was a major piece of this defense. The move saves Green Bay over $8.3 million in cap space, which was the likely driving force here. Daniels (6'/310) should have no problem finding a new team provided he's healthy.

RELATED: Green Bay Packers
Jul 24, 2019, 10:09 AM ET
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:17 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:19 PM
U think we need help with the DL rotation? ..

I’m ASSuming he’s a DT ... anyone know? ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:27 PM
U think we need help with the DL rotation? ..

I’m ASSuming he’s a DT ... anyone know? ...

Interior linemen. The Packers played a lot of three man fronts.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:31 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:41 PM
Ty sir ... thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:47 PM

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 02:56 PM
I'd say it worth making a phone call and buying him a airline ticket.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 03:10 PM

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 03:15 PM
I'd take that guy over any one of these.

Trevon Coley

Brian Price

Carl Davis

Devaroe Lawrence

Daniel Ekuale
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 03:40 PM
That guy looks a lot like the guy we THOUGHT we were getting with Shelton. I'm in.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 04:24 PM

PFF gave him a pass rush grade of 78.5 in 2018.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 08:10 PM
Oh, please get Daniels in here. That’s a huge upgrade to our interior. Adding him may be even better than getting McCoy IMO
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 08:15 PM

I don't know what that means.
Is that a good rating or a bad rating?

What was his rating vs the run?
And a comment on if that was good or bad would be appreciated
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 08:17 PM
That’s above average IIRC ... anything nearing 80 is “good”
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

I don't know what that means.
Is that a good rating or a bad rating?

What was his rating vs the run?
And a comment on if that was good or bad would be appreciated

"what we consider ‘starter’ level play, finishing in the 71.9 – 76.1 range."

^71.3 this for Daniels overall play.

For some reference:

Larry Oganjobi overall grade in 2018 was 64.0

--NDAMUKONG SUH had a PFF pass rush grade of just 67.0 in 2018.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 09:25 PM
Let's see .... Ogunjobi had 52 total tackles, with 33 solo, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, and 7 "stuffs". He also played at the end of the season with a torn biceps.

Below average grade of 64 my butt.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 09:34 PM
Let's see .... Ogunjobi had 52 total tackles, with 33 solo, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, and 7 "stuffs". He also played at the end of the season with a torn biceps.

It seems like Ogunjobi flashes big plays but is somewhat inconsistent on an overall basis.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 10:16 PM
J/C I would urge all to go to PFF and do some reading. There is a raging debate on another thread about the use of analytics. PFF has some good information and does a good job of explaining the process.

I am not saying analytics is the be all, end all, but it is in the game of football fairly late compared to other sports. At least the deep look. Forty time are analytics. How much a player can lift is as well. It's interesting how deep it can get.

I think much of the fear or resistance is due to lack of knowledge or understanding of how it can help in the evaluation process.

As the sig says, if everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/24/19 11:44 PM
Don't Knock Trevon Coley.

Trevon Coley is impressive!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/25/19 01:22 AM
Ogunjobi seemed to tail off a bit. I remember him being kinda eye opening the first few weeks, then tapered (injury related perhaps)
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/25/19 02:06 AM

Personally I don't agree with all of their theories as to what constitutes a starter.

I am just the messenger.

But I do think that his injury was a factor in his body of work.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/25/19 09:47 AM
I kinda forgot he was even injured, which would make sense if so
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/25/19 10:35 AM
Quote:
I think much of the fear or resistance is due to lack of knowledge or understanding

Bingo!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/25/19 11:53 AM
There is no analytics in Bingo.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 12:53 AM
Bingo?

If Lil Mary, is a spend thrift and plays two cards, and is a novice having a difficult time finding numbers to dob/dab because she's not sure what part of the card they are on,
Then she only has X chance of getting bingo, or finding it if she does, before another number is called and potential others would cause her to have to Share.

Whereas, IF Marge can play 10 cards, and bullies her little sister/ nearby neighbor Sandy into Watching another 4 cards, (of her 8), which Marge bought,

and they are both regular playrs, Then Marge has 14 chances to 2, a greater chance than X of getting a bingo per each number called,

Or Actually, if I correct myself ... not a greater chance, but
more attempts at the same odds per card, but Annaliticly A more powerful player and likely to be talking to the Head Bingo Checker, more often during the night.
thumbsup ( " There's no crying in Baseball " )
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 02:43 PM
I rest my case.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 03:18 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 08:45 PM
It seems a bit odd that we are working out RBs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 09:07 PM
Yeah, unless we’re looking to limit Chubb a lot once the preseason games begin
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/26/19 10:47 PM

We might need extra legs if Hunt is not back soon.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 09:13 AM

I don't think so.

Duke has made it clear he wants out of town. Camp is where guys get hurt all the time.

We might get a offer for Duke at any moment. We need to be prepared.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 09:50 AM

We might need extra legs if Hunt is not back soon.
add that to Chubb’s workload being diminished by the halfway point of camp IMO
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 01:13 PM

Doesn't look like the tweet is showing up.....well, Theo Riddick was just released.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 01:26 PM
IF were looking to trade Duke this SUCKS!!!

THEO RIDDICK
RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

The Lions released pass-catching RB Theo Riddick on Saturday.

The move had been hinted at by beat writers such as Chris Burke, so the only surprise might be the timing since we are so early in training camp. Riddick is one of the more focused receiving backs in the league, catching 281 passes over the last five seasons compared to 268 carries in the same span. That included 74 targets and 61 receptions in 2018, most of which occurred while the Lions were in shotgun. The Detroit Free Press recently predicted second-year back Kerryon Johnson to catch 60 passes in 2019. That seems far more achievable now, and would vault Johnson into one of the more interesting picks at his current ADP of RB19. For Riddick, teams interested in Duke Johnson could look the former Lion's way as his cost would not include a draft pick.

RELATED: Kerryon Johnson
Jul 27, 2019, 9:02 AM ET
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 02:07 PM
Chubb and another RB are on the PUP list. We need to look at an additional RB or 2 as camp bodies until they return.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 04:15 PM
Riddick is a solid receiving RB ... looks like he’s the casualty of signing Daniels perhaps
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 06:11 PM
And I don't think this will be the only situation like this that will be forthcoming. A lot of fans seem to think that you can just get a decent return on a situational RB. The problem is there are a lot of them.

As such teams can usually find that skill set on the cheap without giving up future draft picks to do so.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 07:55 PM
Cleveland Browns
@Browns
We've signed RB A.J. Ouellette

Details » (link: http://brow.nz/8QMgVK) brow.nz/8QMgVK
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 07:56 PM
A.J. Oullette, Ohio

Ht: 5-9.375*
Wt: 208 lbs
40-Yard Dash: 4.5s
Broad Jump: 117″
Vertical Jump: 36″
3-cone: 6.87s
Shuttle: 4.09s
Bench: 32 reps

Production: 1,518 total yards (25%) in 2018. 216 carries for 1,306 yards, 21 receptions for 212 yards, 14 total TDs

https://twitter.com/_PeteSmith_/status/1155204512686190593
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 07:57 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 08:04 PM
Ouellette , gentille Oullette
Oullette, je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le nez
Je te plumerai le nez
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 08:30 PM
As an OU grad .. good to see another Bobcat in the NFL .. and 2 on the Browns. Go 'Cats
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 09:22 PM
Merely brilliant, Pit. An Elf sing-along at Camp Berea. Poetic stuff. LOL
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 09:23 PM
Can you post pictures of the elves? I've never actually seen one in the flesh.

wink
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 09:50 PM
We really have been looking at RBs ... good for him
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/27/19 11:22 PM
Ouellette , gentille Oullette
Oullette, je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le nez
Je te plumerai le nez

Ah yes ... what a great song.

Lark. nice lark
Lark, Nice lark
I will pluck your beak
I will pluck your beak

rofl
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 01:56 AM
The #AZCardinals released former first-round defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche, with frustration from the team coming to a head. Time will tell if a fresh start does the trick.

@RapSheet
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 04:28 AM
Cool! This kid went to High School only 15 minutes from me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 09:20 AM
Kind of a surprising release by the Cardinals .. he must have been a headache without much production
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 10:02 AM
Chubb and another RB are on the PUP list. We need to look at an additional RB or 2 as camp bodies until they return.

I didn't know. How come that isn't reported? I suppose it was. I just haven't seen anything.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 11:36 AM
Nkemdiche was/is a very talented player, but character questions always made him a risky pick. I hate seeing talent like that wasted.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 12:27 PM

I didn't know. How come that isn't reported? I suppose it was. I just haven't seen anything.

Sorry ... Hunt, not Chubb.

Man, old age sucks. crazy
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 07/28/19 03:45 PM
Yeah, he’s had red flags all the way back to Ole Miss ... just clearly hasn’t gotten it together yet (or never will)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 02:18 AM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 02:23 AM

Wow
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 09:44 AM
We’ll see how he performs this year; many of us wanted us to snag him
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 02:56 PM
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 04:50 PM
Love OSU as much as anybody, but I think we're steadfast on Stanton (for good or ill). I don't see us bringing in competition for #3 until we see what Gilbert and Blough have in preseason. Jmho.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 05:06 PM
He lasted longer than I expected.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 06:09 PM
He must be looking really bad to get released this early. That or he just doesn't seem to get it.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 06:12 PM
THEO RIDDICK
RB, DENVER BRONCOS

Broncos signed RB Theo Riddick.

The 28-year-old pass-catching back visited the Saints and Broncos after his release from the Lions but had trouble ginning up more interest. Riddick has a reputation as a strong receiver, but he has been sub-replacement level two of the past three seasons, posting a 7.0 YPC or lower in both 2016 and 2018. Riddick is a complete zero as a runner. His addition has Devontae Booker's 53-man roster spot on life support. As the No. 3 back in an offense that will either be quarterbacked by Joe Flacco or rookie Drew Lock, Riddick is going to have trouble creating PPR value.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
Aug 1, 2019, 1:58 PM ET
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 06:25 PM
He lasted longer than I expected.
yes
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 06:36 PM

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 07:57 PM
Welcome Home, Phil.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 08:05 PM
Finally a good move by Dorsey wink

But for real, way to come home Phil! Well deserved
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 09:21 PM
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 09:26 PM
Good fit for the Raiders.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 09:34 PM
THEO RIDDICK
RB, DENVER BRONCOS

Broncos signed RB Theo Riddick.

The 28-year-old pass-catching back visited the Saints and Broncos after his release from the Lions but had trouble ginning up more interest. Riddick has a reputation as a strong receiver, but he has been sub-replacement level two of the past three seasons, posting a 7.0 YPC or lower in both 2016 and 2018. Riddick is a complete zero as a runner. His addition has Devontae Booker's 53-man roster spot on life support. As the No. 3 back in an offense that will either be quarterbacked by Joe Flacco or rookie Drew Lock, Riddick is going to have trouble creating PPR value.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
Aug 1, 2019, 1:58 PM ET

The Broncos have been talking up Royce Freeman usage and just signed Riddick. Phillip Lindsay has to wondering what's up.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/01/19 09:42 PM
Yeah, I didn’t see Riddick there given the fact that they already had Freeman and Lindsay
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 12:14 AM
I thought the Chiefs would sign Riddick.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 01:33 AM
Same here actually
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 03:35 AM

It seems like the Chiefs can throw basically any running back in that offense and be successful. They cut Kareem Hunt and the two guys they replaced him with were somehow better on a per play basis.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:34 AM
Seems like that yes, kind of like Shanahan’s system in Denver, Atlanta, and now SF
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 01:47 PM

It seems like the Chiefs can throw basically any running back in that offense and be successful. They cut Kareem Hunt and the two guys they replaced him with were somehow better on a per play basis.

When the defense is so concerned about the pass game that they drop 6 or more into coverage, it does make running easier.
Posted By: eotab Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 01:56 PM

Its a trick by Phil to get signed by us then he will renege on the Retirement thing...and get into the competition... I don't know it that Post I made is a
fingerscrossed

or just a rofl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 02:03 PM
Haha honestly, if I were one of the two Kickers I would really hope he doesn’t approach the practice field
Posted By: Dave Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 02:30 PM
If the Browns' kickers have been as bad as the media has reported, there's 3 FA kickers available that *might* be worth a look: Mike Nugent, Kai Forbath, and Cody Parkey. Not sure Nugent is fully healed after a hip or groin (not sure) injury last year, but I always liked his range - he had a 55 yarder in 2017 at age 35.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
If the Browns' kickers have been as bad as the media has reported, there's 3 FA kickers available that *might* be worth a look: Mike Nugent, Kai Forbath, and Cody Parkey. Not sure Nugent is fully healed after a hip or groin (not sure) injury last year, but I always liked his range - he had a 55 yarder in 2017 at age 35.

I have a bad feeling that this issue could go unresolved this season, and will probably cost us some close games too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 02:38 PM
Yeah, this is a concern. In all honesty, I would have preferred to just keep rolling with Joseph and build his confidence ... but of course hindsight is 20/20

I have a bad feeling that this issue could go unresolved this season, and will probably cost us some close games too.
Posted By: Dave Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 03:02 PM
Quote:
Yeah, this is a concern. In all honesty, I would have preferred to just keep rolling with Joseph and build his confidence ... but of course hindsight is 20/20.

I don't know about that - I think I disagree - if a guy's confidence is so fragile that he gets the jelly-leg at the idea of having camp competition, how is he going to react when faced with a potential game-winning kick with the playoffs on the line in December? You need big brass ones and a short memory to be a successful kicker, IMO.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 03:40 PM
Think we can get the Redskins to throw in Dustin Hopkins K in any trades we make to get Trent Williams?

I know the answer is no but a guy can dream.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:20 PM

A bunch of teams are carrying two kickers through training camp. Once cuts come down there will be a bunch more guys available. Usually there is a surprise cut or two when it comes to kickers. Last year the Cowboys cut Dan Bailey.

Here is the depth charts for all the kickers in the league:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/PK
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:22 PM

Blake Jackson was playing well in camp. He's also good buddies with some of bigger names.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:28 PM

Blake Jackson was playing well in camp. He's also good buddies with some of bigger names.

If he is not claimed, he'll revert to the Browns IR.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:29 PM

I bet the team wants him around. Like I said he's good buddies with Baker, OBJ, and Jarvis Landry.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/02/19 09:54 PM

I bet he ends up with an injury settlement and becomes a free agent.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/03/19 09:47 AM
I’m really hoping we can claim Blake and stash him; by all accounts he had a great camp
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/03/19 12:54 PM
This guy JTB is leaving with windburn. Not sure I see him in NFL for a lengthy career. Love all the Buckeyes, but this isn't a strong fit IMO.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/03/19 07:39 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/04/19 01:02 PM
A possible landing spot for Duke? ...

D'ONTA FOREMAN
RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Texans waived RB D'Onta Foreman.

It's a shocker as some were expecting Foreman, a former Doak Walker Award winner at Texas, to push Lamar Miller for top billing in Houston's backfield. Longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans were unsatisfied with Foreman's "work habits," noting that coach Bill O'Brien "wasn't happy" with what he had seen from him in training camp. Foreman's departure leaves Houston extremely thin at running back with Josh Ferguson, Buddy Howell and Taiwan Jones among names vying for backup duties behind Miller. Foreman, who barely played last year following a 2017 Achilles tear, should resurface quickly.

RELATED: Houston Texans
SOURCE: John McClain on Twitter
Aug 4, 2019, 8:48 AM ET
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/04/19 02:57 PM
Rumors on twitter say Melvin Gordon or Duke might interest Houston ... if the price is right, sure.

But of course he’s injured so that has to be accounted for too
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/08/19 05:23 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/09/19 06:17 PM

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/09/19 06:19 PM
Well....
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/09/19 07:20 PM
Browns sign defensive tackle Brandin Bryant, offensive tackle Travis Vornkahl

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/08...s-vornkahl.html

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns made a series of roster moves on Friday, the day after their preseason opener.

They signed defensive tackle Brandin Bryant out of Florida Atlantic and offensive tackle Travis Vornkahl from West Texas A&M. To make room on the roster, center John Yarbrough and defensive tackle Tracy Sprinkle were waived.

Bryant, signed as an undrafted free agent with the Seahawks in 2016 and spent time with the Jets in 2017. The Omaha, Nebraska native most recently played in the CFL. He is listed at 6-foot-3, 294 pounds.

Vornkahl was one of 30 players invited in May to participate in rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. The 6-foot-6, 287-pound native of Sealy, Texas, was a three-year starter in college after not playing his first two years in school. He started 11 games at right tackle during his final college season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/09/19 08:17 PM
Sprinkle may be back based on what i’ve Read, but we’ll see
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 08:41 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 08:45 PM
MY goodness that’s a lotta dough
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 08:46 PM
Yowsers.

I'm not a big Dak fan.

Man, I hope when its Baker's turn he does the team a solid.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:17 PM
That’s absurd money IMO .. he’s not a top tier QB. Dallas might be better off drafting a rookie and paying Zeke
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:21 PM
Wait. What?

He turned down $30 million a YEAR??? He wants $40 million a YEAR????

Did I read that correctly? If so, that's insane.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:22 PM

WHAT? His agent must be crazy we all saw how bad he was without Zeke behind him, he should have taken that contract and laughed all the way to the bank ...
Posted By: FATE Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Yowsers.

I'm not a big Dak fan.

Originally Posted By: BakerBrown
What you don't realize is how loyal Baker Mayfield is. He will be a Brown for life, contracts be damned. He's more likely to cut off his left testicle than abandon the team that believed in him enough to spend the first over-all pick on him.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

WHAT? His agent must be crazy we all saw how bad he was without Zeke behind him, he should have taken that contract and laughed all the way to the bank ...

No kidding.
If I was a GM, I wouldn't go much higher than $20/year
And I wuldn't feel good about that either
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 09:49 PM
And rumor was Dallas already offered 30
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 11:00 PM
He's not gonna take any less than what Eagles paid Wentz.

Cowboys know that.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 11:23 PM
Yowsers.

I'm not a big Dak fan.

We'll see if Baker is aboard the train or if he is trying to hold it up.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 11:54 PM
FWIW

DAK PRESCOTT
QB, DALLAS COWBOYS

ProFootballTalk reports Dak Prescott has not asked for $40 million annually.

This conflicts with a previous report. The Cowboys are offering Prescott top-five money, but it's clear the sides still have work to do. Even with Prescott in a walk year, he's not a lock to be extended before the season.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports
Aug 12, 2019, 5:32 PM ET
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/12/19 11:58 PM
While working out today, I was watching a sport's show and they were talking about Dak's situation. Dude has never missed a game and his numbers compare favorably to guys who are making big dollars. He is also a very good leader and keeps has kept his nose clean in the NFL.

He will get paid.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:00 AM
Yowsers.

I'm not a big Dak fan.

We'll see if Baker is aboard the train or if he is trying to hold it up.

We will. If not we can sign Rosen for $7 mil a year.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:01 AM
I spent the day driving back to NY ..

It is no longer hot ...

That is all!!!!

Ya, I liked my own damm post .. thats how happy i am ...

That is all ... for reals ... *L*
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:02 AM
While working out today, I was watching a sport's show and they were talking about Dak's situation. Dude has never missed a game and his numbers compare favorably to guys who are making big dollars. He is also a very good leader and keeps has kept his nose clean in the NFL.

He will get paid.

He should. I wanted to draft him when he came out.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:03 AM
I can’t believe Zeke’s holding out with2 years left on contract ..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:06 AM
Why Rosen? He didn't play very well last year and the Cards gave up on him.

I've been thinking that you can't beat having a "good" QB who is on his rookie deal. After that rookie deal, they are all going to be vastly overpaid. Guys like Stafford, Cousins, and Ryan are making huge money. So is Jimmy G although that was a unique situation.

The cost for QBs is rapidly sky-rocketing. Having a good--or even decent--young qb who is on his rookie deal is going to become more and more and more important.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:17 AM
I spent the day driving back to NY ..

It is no longer hot ...

That is all!!!!

Ya, I liked my own damm post .. thats how happy i am ...

That is all ... for reals ... *L*

I envy that...heat index today was 107°. Real temp 97°.

I like living in the South 8 months of the year but the crappy months of June, July, August, and Sept. suck.

Actually mid May to mid Sept.

You get it now Bubba. To get away from cold ass temps and snow for months, you have to deal with hot ass summers, and they are hot.....you can now attest..
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:25 AM
Why Rosen? He didn't play very well last year and the Cards gave up on him.

I've been thinking that you can't beat having a "good" QB who is on his rookie deal. After that rookie deal, they are all going to be vastly overpaid. Guys like Stafford, Cousins, and Ryan are making huge money. So is Jimmy G although that was a unique situation.

The cost for QBs is rapidly sky-rocketing. Having a good--or even decent--young qb who is on his rookie deal is going to become more and more and more important.

It is. The problem is you never know how decent they are going to be.

I said it years ago, the NFL hopes the QB position becomes a throw away position much like backs have become. The spread or whatever you want to call it helps them do that.

Play your guy 4-5 years, then move on to the next guy.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 12:33 AM

He will get paid.

I have no doubt that he will get paid. I think it is a mistake though.
Dak is a nice solid Qb
Is he good enough to lead a really good team to a Super Bowl win? - Yes
Is he good enough to take up a quarter of a team's salary cap and win the Super Bowl?
I think not
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 02:35 AM
Is he good enough to take up a quarter of a team's salary cap and win the Super Bowl?

The salary cap for 2019 is $191 million.
Posted By: Jester Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 02:39 AM

$40 million would be 21%
$30 million is almost 16%

Maybe not a quarter but 21% is close enough for government work.

If anyone is interested, 25% of the salary cap would be $47.75
Posted By: kwhip Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 09:32 AM

$40 million would be 21%

Hopefully the new CBA gets a grip on this BS much like the current got a grip on crazy Rookie money.

Might benefit us for Mayfield in 3 years.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 09:39 AM
J/c

Eventually, maybe the QB salary will just be counted as a separate entity .. or a hybrid model of both, or something
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 10:19 AM
Couple things.

As far as Dak goes, I feel like there's guaranteed money involved that wouldn't count against the salary cap...?

And next, when it comes to Baker we should make him the highest paid QB when the time comes. If we don't we would be the stupid ones. We need to plan for that when the time comes. Our goal for the future should be to keep Baker and OBJ together as long as possible.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 10:22 AM
The blessing and curse of having good young players: their contracts must be extended.

Of course Baker will be the highest paid QB at his time, but so will OBJ, so will Myles, so will Ward, etc.

This is a delicate balance of knowing who to extend, when, and who NOT to
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 01:55 PM
The blessing and curse of having good young players: their contracts must be extended.

Of course Baker will be the highest paid QB at his time, but so will OBJ, so will Myles, so will Ward, etc.

This is a delicate balance of knowing who to extend, when, and who NOT to

Yes, that'll be the struggle we have to figure out.

Baker, clearly has to be extended. I get that young qb's on rookie deals are huge value, but finding that is very very difficult (as we have seen since our return). So Baker will get paid, and he'll be here a very long time.

Myles and Ward also play high value top-notch positions. So we'd clearly like to re-sign them too. It'll certainly be a balance. I think it can be done though.

OBJ is actually great value (as long as he doesn't try to re-negotiate on us out of nowhere). If he's a good soldier (who knows if he will be), i don't think he'll be going anywhere. The Giants paid him a ton up front for us
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: kwhip

$40 million would be 21%

Hopefully the new CBA gets a grip on this BS much like the current got a grip on crazy Rookie money.

Might benefit us for Mayfield in 3 years.

Yes let’s give the money to the billion owners and not to the players who are literally killing them selves.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 08:14 PM
J/c

IMO, if Odell stays healthy this year and puts up his typical numbers, he’s going to be asking for a new deal
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 08:48 PM
I'll worry about that next March. That's not for this year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/13/19 09:31 PM
I mean technically we don’t have to worry about it haha .. but I’m sure the Fo is always mindful of these things, regardless of the time of year
I'll worry about that next March. That's not for this year.

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/15/19 01:41 PM

Yes let’s give the money to the billion owners and not to the players who are literally killing them selves.

With the current system, the players making the most money are not really the ones "killing themselves." I think the league needs to cap individual player contracts, but also raise minimums including practice squad players and expand rosters. What percentage would be a good number for individual players as a maximum, I'm not sure.

It's the guys fighting to stick on the bottom of rosters that play through things they probably shouldn't. The top players don't need more money any more than the owners do. They're also the ones that get borderline ridiculous protections on the field.

The players making the most money from their team are often the ones making the most on endorsements.

40 million to play a game is a little ridiculous. Especially when most of those 1%ers are the ones least "killing themselves."

Should owners put more money into post-football care? Sure.

Making the rich richer can be an argument against players, too.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/17/19 02:43 PM
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/17/19 02:52 PM

This surprises me. I thought his next step would be coaching, probably still will be.

I figure he's able to temporarily keep the seat warm over there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Free Agency Part 3 - 08/17/19 02:57 PM
J/c

That’s a good move for both parties. McCown can still be an adequate backup type, especially with their talent
© DawgTalkers.net