DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Browns Identity - 08/08/19 04:54 PM
I hadn't really put this into my own thoughts, specifically, but now hearing it, it rings true. I like it.

The new identity of the #Browns is "You want us, come and get us"

Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:37 PM
Junkyard Dawgs. Yeah... brownie
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:39 PM
If only things like this actually made any real difference.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:42 PM
Every team has an identity of one sort or another.

Freddie has said that the Browns want to be a tough, physical team. They also want to attack in all 3 phases of the game.

"You want us, come and get us" seems to fit that identity.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:46 PM
An identity isn't a slogan that you create, nor is it a hype video.
That stuff is all just make believe crap that you sell to people.

Your identity is what just naturally comes through and people see without you having to point it out. It isn't words, it is actions. Repeated, consistent action.

Let's hope this team can deliver equal to the hype.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:48 PM
New uniforms don't change anything and some silly "team saying" doesn't change anything.

It's about being prepared and executing on game day.

If a team needs a saying to have an identity? They have real problems.

I mean it's nice fodder for the fan base. It "sounds cool" and all. I'm sure someone will make a lot of money putting it on T-shirts. But that's where it stops.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:51 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 05:54 PM
Whatever it takes for the guys on the roster. Whether that’s acting disrespected, being underdogs, trying to have swag, etc
Posted By: Hammer Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 06:33 PM
Whoopty-hell...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 09:53 PM
Quite a slogan right there LOLetc.

Just win, baby! Hope we really have one hard core, no mercy attitude. Looking forward to some eyes on for myself tonight!

Unleash th brownie e Elf!
Posted By: mac Re: Browns Identity - 08/08/19 10:51 PM
JMHO...a team establishes an identity by the way they play.

I'm hoping the offense proves that it can score against any defense...

...and I'm hoping the defense establishes an identity where they can counted on to make the critical stops when needed, to win.

No more giving games away that the offense won only to watch the defense fail to hold the lead.

I want to see the Browns perform on offense, defense and special teams...the Browns could turn out to be a very dangerous team, regardless of who they are playing.

"Dangerous" would be a great identity buy only if the Browns can back it up on the field.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 12:27 AM
I never thought I'd see the Browns on T.V. without the single stripe on their helmets, that they are so known for,

but uhhh, what do I know, I've only "watched" it for three and a half plus decades,
I'm sure nike execs, and owners since about 2016 or what or whoever, know a lot more than me.

------

Mac said identity is repeated action, if that, then,

part of the Browns identity, whether I hate it or not, is They'll part ways with an offensive player who played a significant role in the previous years games,
pretty much on any day of the calendar year.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 03:25 AM
Browns played without helmet stripes in pre-season 2018.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 09:51 AM
J/c

I don’t mind the no-stripe thing (I actually didn’t really notice until just looking back)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 09:54 AM
Man, that no-stripe thing was a huge deal w/some posters last year. It was another example of how lame Hue was. I doubt those same posters will have a problem w/it this year. LOL
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Man, that no-stripe thing was a huge deal w/some posters last year. It was another example of how lame Hue was. I doubt those same posters will have a problem w/it this year. LOL

I think this is a good point. One of the things that really hasn't been discussed much on here are people's take on Hue. It would be interesting to hear people's opinions on that.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I think this is a good point. One of the things that really hasn't been discussed much on here are people's take on Hue. It would be interesting to hear people's opinions on that.

Yes, let's turn the conversation back around to Hue. Anyone know how Sashi felt about the stripes? I bet he hated them.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 12:58 PM
No stripe is lame no matter who is the coach.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:05 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

You must be a Sashiite!
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:19 PM
Its sashiette ... thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:20 PM
Damn, I knew I spelled it wrong when I typed it. Lost some of the effect.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:22 PM
I’ve had some experience with that ... *L* ...
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:30 PM
Actually .. I like just the white stripe with the number on the side.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:46 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Honestly....what I think is lame is that there is even a discussion as to if it is lame or not...
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Browns Identity - 08/09/19 01:53 PM
When the Browns were founded, they wore a White leather helmet .. it was changed to all Orange when the NFL wanted to contrast the helmets to the White football used for night games. When they went to the "Plastic" style helmets .. they added a white stripe.
© DawgTalkers.net