DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: RedBaron Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...f-antonio-brown

I can't even begin to comment. Jeesh.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:18 PM
Bout time.. What a tool.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:18 PM
hmm brown landry and obj on same team.....i kid but holy hell what is going on in oakland
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
hmm brown landry and obj on same team.....i kid but holy hell what is going on in oakland

The question is what is going on between AB’s ears.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:27 PM
Does he end up with the Patriots?
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:32 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

for sure, but he's always been like this, my question is why would Oakland reward him for bad behaviour. releasing him would be the last thing i'd do. I'd trade him to AZ or Miami for a 7th and a ham sandwich
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:36 PM
I said it on another thread. Going to the Pats may be what he wanted all along. After he went to the Raiders he might not have liked what he saw and he and his agent could have concocted all this to achieve exactly what happened. Conspiracy theory maybe but entirely possible.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:38 PM
the other thing is does NFL step in and do something about his behaviour. You can't use racial slurs even if you're black.. Has to work both ways and the NFL needs to use this a chance to set a precedence. Racism is alive in the NFL and its from all sides, until now, nothing really done about it. Like the whole Hopkins thing...that blows my mind and dude should have been suspended for those comments.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:40 PM
Quote:

The same crap that going on between his butt cheeks.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:44 PM
Welcome to Cleveland, now go and Sign him John Dorsey,
Talk about not passing up on real players.

If the Browns signed Antonio Brown, ...

Does that move help them beat the Steelers?

yes,
or no.

I hope he joins the Browns by week, 2, The circus of roster turnover that's been around since the Beckham trade wouldn't mean this would cause much of a stir,

I mean you can't stir a whirlwind, blue on black

So, should the Browns sign him,

heck ya, he's got something to prove,

What's the worst that could happen? It turned out bad? exactly what scenario of it going bad would be any worse than what we Browns fans are used to,
But, on the other hand, The Upside?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 04:47 PM
I see a one year prove that you're not nuts deal coming and some lucky team is going to get the best version of AB.
Posted By: s003apr Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:02 PM
He should be suspended indefinitely for behavior detrimental to the league. It is a bad look for the entire NFL, Oakland lost raft picks to bring him in. That team and fans have enough problems, they didn't deserve this on top of everything else.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: s003apr
He should be suspended indefinitely for behavior detrimental to the league. It is a bad look for the entire NFL, Oakland lost raft picks to bring him in. That team and fans have enough problems, they didn't deserve this on top of everything else.

I missed something, what are you talking about.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:15 PM
I’m guessing Ravens.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:21 PM

He will not be signed by the Browns. There is no need and he is not worth the risk to what is being built in Cleveland.

Mr. Brown with his foolish behavior just lost himself a bunch of money.

He will not get a deal at the money he was signed for by the Raiders.

Posted By: jaybird Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:22 PM
Bye Felicia....

It's too bad the league can't make the steelers give the draft picks back...
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:35 PM
So this is what I understand. After his first couple fines, they voided the guaranteed portion of his contract. AB ramped things up and they voided termination pay. So he was then essentially on a week to week contract. In all, his fines added up to over $215K.

If I understand NFL pay procedures...Players don't get paid until after Game 1. So does this mean that AB not only won't get paid a dime...but is actually over $215K in the hole over this move to the Raiders???
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:46 PM
He is eligible to sign with another team as early as 4:01 pm today.

Git er done!
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Git er done!

no.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:50 PM
Pretty sure he got a million dollar signing bonus already
Posted By: jaybird Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:50 PM

Git er done!

No
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:51 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

his 1 mill bonus was tied into showing up to offseason works, a 500k a piece.

he didnt show up, so he didnt get the signing bonus.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:52 PM
I can see him sitting for a while, as he's going to want big time money and I can't see any team willing to give him that after him being a major headache for 2 different teams in just a few months.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:53 PM

Git er done!

Posted By: jaybird Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: jaybird

his 1 mill bonus was tied into showing up to offseason works, a 500k a piece.

he didnt show up, so he didnt get the signing bonus.

Thanks....I was trying to find info on his bonus and could not figure out if he collected it yet or not
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 05:59 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

and he is not worth the risk to what is being built in Cleveland.

He is an attribute, kind of would be a "compliment" to what is being built in Cleveland.

Another garnish on the dinner plate, an extra flower in the bouquet. Everyone knows what he can do on the football field, and 90% that's all I care about.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:00 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:13 PM
No offense but I believe Dorsey sees this differently than you do.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:15 PM
Drama Diva ... will probably end up with the Patriots a little after 4 pm today - or in the days that follow.

I think the idea of adding such a diva to the Browns would be a disaster. We already have volatile 'characters' on the team .... we don't need an out and out drama diva added to the mix. Hope he falls flat on his face wherever he goes. Douche.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:21 PM

Crotch grabber, OBJ, Khunt and Calloway (just off the top of my head) - says otherwise. Lord Dorsey doesn't give a rip.

Sign him up. Might as well.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:24 PM
This guy is a freaking LUNATIC!

Don't want ANY part of him.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

Crotch grabber, OBJ, Khunt and Calloway (just off the top of my head) - says otherwise. Lord Dorsey doesn't give a rip.

Sign him up. Might as well.

The only argument I have for your post is that AB is a different kind of dumb from what we have. He just used did his best to blow up that locker room. The closest thing we have to that is OBJ, and he seems to get that way when things are already going south.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:46 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:48 PM
Trying to wrap my mind around how anybody thinks OBJ and Brown could coexist!
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

Kicking nets and Gatorade coolers might have to file a restraining order if that ever happens.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:51 PM

Yeah. I get how AB would be tempting at this point. It's more of a low-risk move to bring him in at this point (no picks involved, and a lot less teams will be in the mix). Still, I think we're already precariously balancing the crazy already in our offense.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:54 PM
No way we touch this guy.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 06:56 PM
Someone told me about this this afternoon at Fitworks. Wow! AB is most likely an egomaniac/narcissist... And a very talented receiver.

Maybe he'll end up on the Patriots or perhaps even the Cowboys?

I actually enjoy his drama - it is entertaining - as long as he's not playing for us. Then it would be a different story.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Certainly. But would we SIGN him?

tsktsk

Drama? Sure. Headcase? You bet. Chance of the Earth swallowing the team? Yeah probably.

But for 0 picks, little (likely) guaranteed money, he could be REAAAAAAALY good. I mean we've been churning the bottom of the WR depth chart the last couple weeks already, so apparently the team isn't happy there.

If we're all in on the Lord Dorsey "just win" train - then to heck with everything else. We almost have to sign him.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:06 PM

I wouldn't say that. I mean what if the Browns think OBJ's hip is something significant and even career altering. (God Forbid) I am just saying there is no absolute...

I personally don't see us going after him. I am sure they are looking at the possibility and weighing the risk vs value. Just as they have with Baker, OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Calloway, etc. They would do the same with safe guys. I think that evaluation comes up sour with AB. But I have very little doubt that they look into it and do their due diligence....I mean that is their job...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:10 PM
No. Just No.

He is a cancer.

Right now, we have all our divas rowing in the same direction. Everybody is happy.

Let's not throw him into the mix. It will turn into chaos.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:24 PM

Those hires and the timing are completely different.

We have a team with receivers who are considered to be at the top of their professions.

They have been here since OTA's. They are incorporated into the salary cap. We have no current need at receiver.

It is not likely given all the factors that Brown will be signed.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:24 PM
No. Just No.

He is a cancer.

Right now, we have all our divas rowing in the same direction. Everybody is happy.

Let's not throw him into the mix. It will turn into chaos.

Yeah but he's an amazing talent - which we've seen from Dorsey trumps all. Sign him and one of two things are going to happen.

A) We're in the Super Bowl
B) We get to watch it burn to the ground

Either way it's must watch entertainment! Isn't that the whole point of sports?
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:26 PM
Just to be clear....I am not saying I want the guy. I don't...As an amazing talent as he is...I think he doesn't want to be a part of a team. I am sure he works hard, etc. But he doesn't want to be shackled with what it takes to be a part of a team. He doesn't see himself as a "part". And I don't see his attitude changing with this dismissal. In fact I think he doubles down on his attitude because they gave him what he wanted.

That attitude will not mesh here in Cleveland. Not sure where it would mesh...lol
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:26 PM
Um, no. We just built this team up. Why do we want to see it burn to the ground?

notallthere
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:33 PM
No way we sign AB, there are only so many touches a game and I can't see splitting those touches between AB, OBJ, and Landry without someone complaining big time.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:36 PM
Um, no. We just built this team up. Why do we want to see it burn to the ground?

notallthere

I'm not saying we WANT it to - just that if that happens as a worst-case scenario it would at least be entertaining.

Plus I'm not sold on the premise we've built anything yet. On paper and in the media maybe.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:36 PM
Sorry, but Brown would never come here....

AB is about AB and bitched about not getting the ball in Pittsburgh....how would he ever be happy sharing the ball with Landry, OBJ, Njouku, Chubb?...he wouldn't.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:45 PM

Here is a a new quote coming from Josh Gordon:

""Before the 2019 season starts, I would like to address an issue that arose toward the end of last season," Gordon wrote. "It's been well documented that I have battled substance abuse for quite some time. Unfortunately, I did not take the time to focus on a solution to my problem until this past year."

Two different cases I get that. But really "I did not take the time to focus on a solution to my problem until this past year?"

Clearly AB and Josh Gordon have no way to see and understand that they are at fault. That they are the problem.

The Raiders wanted this to work. They bent over backward to make it work. They must have tried in Pittsburgh.

No different than the Browns tried with Gordon. And now he says he didn't focus on a solution. What pray tell did all the consoling and rehab while in Cleveland focus on?

There have been many guys like Albert Haynesworth and others were talent and trouble are not worth the effort.

I would not hire Antonio Brown.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 07:45 PM
That wouldnt be entertaining, that would be horrifying!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:12 PM
QB - Baker Mayfield
RB - Nick Chubb
RB - Kareem Hunt
WR - Odell Beckham Jr.
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Jarvis Landry
TE - David Njoku

Might as well sign him .... (sarcasm)
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:15 PM
I could see AB ending up in Houston since they are currently without a GM and Bill O'Brien is calling the shots
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:19 PM
I'd guess he ends up with the Seahawks or Cowboys or no one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:20 PM
My guess: Seattle, Houston, or Dallas
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:25 PM

I would guess that Antonio Browns ego is in danger of blocking out the Sun.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:29 PM
Can't see Dallas getting involved as they only have about $22 mill in cap space and they have to re-sign both Prescott and Cooper.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:36 PM
j/c:

I have said this a few times before, but I think AB is suffering from mental illness and it's spiraling out of control.

I am not saying that in a mean or harsh way. I am not saying it in a flippant manner. I am not even making excuses for him. I'm saying it because I hope someone in his circle gets the guy help.
Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:40 PM
He's at a point in his career where teams are going to begin to look at his age, the wear and tear on his body over the course of his career, and really question how much longer he's going to be a dominant player.

Now you pair that with his exit from Pittsburgh and now this fiasco....

He'll get another chance.....but I don't think he'll get the money he wants, and if that ship sails he'll be blackballed like Kaepernick....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 08:44 PM
j/c

He’ll definitely get another chance, I just don’t think the guarantees will be there ... it will be mostly incentive based, which is not good for him
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:02 PM
My ESPN alert just said Brown going to Pats.

Cant wait to see that train wreck.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:03 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:03 PM
Unbelievable. The Raiders incompetence just ruined the league for everyone.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Unbelievable. The Raiders incompetence just ruined the league for everyone.

Pfft. We can take em.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:07 PM
I don't blame the Raiders. However, this is not a good look for the NFL.

AB is Mr. "Means towards an end...."
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:09 PM
I find the perpetuated myth that Kaepernick has been black balled hilarious.

AB has issues he needs help with IMO.

The ship is sinking and somebody needs to throw him a lifeline.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:09 PM
Well between Gordon and Brown.. The Pats "might" get a few games out of the pair before one or both blowup again.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:12 PM
I don't think this is a "bad" thing for New England. Dude probably had this in mind w/every move he made.

I don't think this type of thing is good for the NFL.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:12 PM

"A fool and his money are sure to part ways."
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:13 PM
My suspicions were justified. I'm certainly not always right with predictions, suspicions and what not but I had a feeling about this. I was hoping I was wrong. Not this time. smirk smirk
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:15 PM
Missed the boat on this one.

Mr Big Chest going to the Patriots is a classic move. The rich get richer. Who needs Gronk when you now have Gordon, Brown, Demaryius Thomas and Edelman combined with Sony Michel and James White.

Patriots gonna roll.

He signs for 1/$15 with a $9M signing bonus. Not the payday AB wanted but not peanuts/no offer some thought he'd get either.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:18 PM
If they can stay on the field their playmakers are arguably better than ours. With a QB like Brady, AB is as dangerous as ever.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:19 PM
Well, I'm glad he didn't sign with Baltimore. However, our game with New England just got a lot harder.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:21 PM

The Pats by reputation will get what they want from him. He lost money with his BS. So now he is on a put up and shut up role for one year.

Gordon and AB lots of space in the attic.

But they will catch some balls from Brady.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:21 PM
Wow.

Gordon, Brown, Edelman as your receiving core, with White and Michel running the rock.

Brady is playing til he’s 45
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:22 PM
That was too easy, the fix is in for the Patriots in 2019!!

Gordon reinstated, now Brown signed...so much for their depleted receiving corps....LMFAO!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:23 PM
I don't quite harbor the resentment towards the Patriots that some do. It's annoying to see the in-game treatment they get while we keep getting shafted... but hey, when we show we're good refs will start taking us seriously too.

But I hope AB and Gordon have both saved their best headache inducing actions for now.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:25 PM
Wow.

Gordon, Brown, Edelman as your receiving core, with White and Michel running the rock.

Yep. God I love Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:28 PM
j/c

I think this was his plan all along. He didn't want to be in LA. He probably wanted to be in NE all along. But the Steelers traded him, so he whined his way out.

All his crap with LA was just an act. He'll be a model citizen in NE.

Frankly, I don't really care. Yeah, it will make our game against NE tougher this season, but so be it. Teams will find a way to beat them.

I'm concentrating on the Browns. I want this to be the season where teams look at us on the schedule the way people have looked at NE the past however many years.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:29 PM
Wow.

Omg I forgot Thomas is on the roster.

Maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:38 PM
Antonio Brown agrees to a 1 year deal worth up $15mil with the #Patriots. $9mil signing bonus. Wow.

@RapSheet
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:41 PM
Brady's going to have 3-4 WRs yacking at him how open they were in every freaking huddle, but unlike Derek Carr, Brady has the capital (and the hardware) to say "STFU - here's the play.".
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:44 PM
j/c:

I wonder what all of this does to the line of the Denver/Oakland game on Monday night. I think the Raiders were favored by 1.5. Will the line have a significant move or not?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:44 PM
One thing is for sure:

Gordon will find a way to screw this all up for the Cheatriots.

You can count on it.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Brady's going to have 3-4 WRs yacking at him how open they were in every freaking huddle, but unlike Derek Carr, Brady has the capital (and the hardware) to say "STFU - here's the play.".

??

Unlike Carr, Brady can actually keep them happy.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Antonio Brown agrees to a 1 year deal worth up $15mil with the #Patriots. $9mil signing bonus. Wow.

@RapSheet

BRING IT
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 09:56 PM
I think we're saying the same thing ... differently.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:04 PM
We play the Pats on 10/27. I am pretty sure that will be Kareem's first game as a Brown. Add to it the fireworks of Antonio now being a Patriot and this game just go super exciting for the entire nation and one of significant importance!

WOW! These are the types of games you want to play and NEED to win. Can't wait!
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:06 PM
Wow.

Omg I forgot Thomas is on the roster.

Maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn

Yes sir. Think about that for a minute.

Gordon and Brown to stretch the field.

Edelman is their slot.

Demaryius is their freaking #4.

White as a relief valve out of the backfield with Michel pounding between the tackles.

And don't forget Ben Watson is coming back in 4 games as well.

Lord help everyone if/when Gronk un-retires.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I wonder what all of this does to the line of the Denver/Oakland game on Monday night. I think the Raiders were favored by 1.5. Will the line have a significant move or not?

I would think it will move. By how much I have no clue.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
We play the Pats on 10/27. I am pretty sure that will be Kareem's first game as a Brown. Add to it the fireworks of Antonio now being a Patriot and this game just go super exciting for the entire nation and one of significant importance!

It'll be interesting to see if AB & Gordon are still active when we roll into town. Guess what Brady hates? Pressure. Guess what we'll bring. Pres-- Well, you know.

Side note. I think it's possible AB has a CTE issue. If that is the case, I hope he gets help.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

Hunt is not back til two weeks later.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:27 PM
jc

just remember when talking about bad boy teams like Raiders, Cowboys, and Bengals who have dirty players and/or suspended and criminal backgrounds.

Brady: suspended
Edelman: suspended
Gordon: suspended
Brown: Suspended
Thomas: Vehicular assault
Belichick: Spygate

remember that when we talk about teams with high character and such.
Posted By: slick Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:30 PM
Isnt Goodell like best friends with belicheck? After being kicked out of the nfl more times then I can remember, all of a sudden josh Gordon is just allowed back just like that. Hmmm. And now the Pat's get brown. I love the browns and pro football but I swear it sure does seem like this sport is becoming as corrupt as boxing once was.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:31 PM
Quote:
Side note. I think it's possible AB has a CTE issue. If that is the case, I hope he gets help.

IF he does, it's probably because of that OLD helmet.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Isnt Goodell like best friends with belicheck?

What.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:34 PM
Isnt Goodell like best friends with belicheck? After being kicked out of the nfl more times then I can remember, all of a sudden josh Gordon is just allowed back just like that. Hmmm. And now the Pat's get brown. I love the browns and pro football but I swear it sure does seem like this sport is becoming as corrupt as boxing once was.

Fixed!
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:37 PM
Between Gordon, Thomas, and Brown. The Patriots will have about 4 weeks of great WR play.

Then Thomas will trip over it and be out for the season, Brown will burn it down and Gordon will get suspended for snorting the ashes.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Quote:

IF he does, it's probably because of that OLD helmet.

Or Burfict.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:43 PM
j/c:

With both Gordon & Brown playing the Patriots O should be fantastic.... Unfortunately.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:45 PM
Boy who didn’t see this coming. Ridiculous. Just rewarded a guy for being a tool. I don’t like wishing injuries but AB would be one I hope blows out an acl.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:52 PM
This is quite dumb. AB is nuts, but i think he obviuosly embellished things to get his way now. The Raiders are dumb
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 10:54 PM

Was talking about the Gordon thing at the barbershop the other day and we all agreed that if Gordon was still with the Browns he would probably be banned for life by now but because he's on the Pats he just gets a slap on the wrist.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:02 PM
I wish people would stop playing doctor when it comes to Brown's behavior. The guy was an A-hole long before the Burfict hit. It doesn't necessarily mean he has CTE. He might just be an A-hole, because let's face it, they're out there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:12 PM
And not just that, a manipulative one ... players are finding more and more ways to get what THEY want
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:15 PM
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. His behavior post hit has gone from being that of a mere A-hole to being outlandish, bizarre, and unexplainable. Think whatever you want, I'm just saying it's possible, and that if that is the case, I hope he gets help. And frankly Dave, you don't know that it's not.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:20 PM
Clearly, none of us knows anything, but in the absence of a diagnosis by a physician, its just conjecture.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:29 PM
I am possibly the most unlikely person to add the owner's escapade with the ladies to that list when conveniently omitted.

Do your jobs. Just some more folks to beat. The whole AB fiasco is bad for the game.
Posted By: slick Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Isnt Goodell like best friends with belicheck?

What.

My bad didn't mean best friends. I meant friends. I know they have been accused of having secret meetings which Goodell has denied.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:42 PM
As is a majority of the opinions posted. But I'm not speculating that it is, I'm saying IF there is a CTE issue, that it may be possible, and I hope he gets help. I can't really see why you'd have an issue with that.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
As is a majority of the opinions posted.

Yep. Especially the ones on how the NFL treats the Pats and Browns. All that stuff just sounds like a bunch of whining.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
As is a majority of the opinions posted.

Yep. Especially the ones on how the NFL treats the Pats and Browns. All that stuff just sounds like a bunch of whining.

I agree though it is bizarre that Gordon is still in the league. I don't think it has anything to do with the Pats or the Browns, but it might have something to do with Gordon and Goodell's relationship. Whatever it is, it's a bizarre ruling that goes against convention, policy, and mandate.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:49 PM
Yeah, I agree w/that. I thought that Goodell cut him breaks because he is so good, but now that you mention it, there have been reports of Rodger trying to help Gordon.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:53 PM
We may never know the facts behind it. But I have to believe, this is his absolute, unequivocal, I'm not kidding, I really mean it this time, final opportunity to get his act together.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:54 PM
I thought Gordon should have been done when he checked himself into rehab right before the season. That was so obvious.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:55 PM
Quote:
I can't really see why you'd have an issue with that.

Because while there's no medical evidence of Brown having CTE, there is ample evidence of his a-holeness.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/07/19 11:58 PM
I thought he was done. I really thought football was not for him and he was out. That still may end up being the case. Thie one thing working in his favor is that every year, he is a year older with another lesson under his belt and another opportunity to actually mature, take this gift seriously, and get his $#!% together.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:03 AM
And I'm saying his behavior is becoming increasingly bizarre, that in and of itself may be medical evidence. We'll just have to wait and see, but if it is the case, I hope he doesn't wait too long to get himself checked out. It's clear you don't like him, that's okay. Personally, I don't know the man, but he is a human being and his strange behavior could be a sign of something serious. You don't get in a GM's face, threaten violence, and use a racial slur just to prove a point or use it as a negotiating tool. Even if he's healthy, he has to be smarter than that. So yeah, there may be an issue we're not aware of.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:08 AM
This is from Sept 8 2014, well before the dreaded Burfict hit, if I'm not mistaken.

He kicked him in the face.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:10 AM
Yeah, a-hole move, no doubt. Doesn't change my point.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:12 AM
I could show you some videos of one of our players and I bet you wouldn't criticize him.

In my opinion, there is no doubt that AB's behavior has become more and more bizarre over the last couple of years. I am not saying that CTE is the reason, but I think his erratic behavior has increased and I don't even see how that can be debated.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:27 AM
Quote:
I could show you some videos of one of our players and I bet you wouldn't criticize him.

I'm not a homer. If you've got some video to post, then post it, and I'll comment on it.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:33 AM
I'm just sickened by AB already. What a diva. He and Belichick probably had this worked out after AB was traded to the Raiders. Ugh. At least he isn't eligible to play tomorrow night.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:05 AM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
I'm just sickened by AB already. What a diva. He and Belichick probably had this worked out after AB was traded to the Raiders. Ugh. At least he isn't eligible to play tomorrow night.

I agree totally with that Mom, the whole AB in LA thing seemed so fake from the start.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:31 AM
Is it too much to hope that AB manages t do what no team could, and implodes the Pats?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:05 AM
Seems to me the players in the NFL are just starting to do what NBA players have been doing the last few years; dictate where they want to play and not the other way around. This could get ugly. It already has in the NBA.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 09:07 AM
I was just saying this too ... it’s like the good players in the NBA/NFL have figured out ways to just circumvent the system when they’re unhappy
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Is it too much to hope that AB manages t do what no team could, and implodes the Pats?

and this one from Homes:

Quote:
Seems to me the players in the NFL are just starting to do what NBA players have been doing the last few years; dictate where they want to play and not the other way around. This could get ugly. It already has in the NBA.

If AB goes to NE and his string of erratic, irrational, and divisive behaviors continue, we can assume he really is suffering from a mental illness.

On the other hand, if AB goes to NE and doesn't make a lot of waves, it is probably safe to say that he orchestrated this entire thing and that he is almost certainly a very bad person.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 12:58 PM
If I'm the Raiders, I'm seriously considering taking AB to court with regard to California's privacy law and his recorded conversation with Gruden. I'd definitely have the legal team looking for signs of tampering/collusion during discovery.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I was just saying this too ... it’s like the good players in the NBA/NFL have figured out ways to just circumvent the system when they’re unhappy

Well.....I’m actually glad if that’s the case.

We can talk about players honoring contracts, but then we gotta talk about nfl teams doing the same thing. If they are allowed to cut, trade, whatever with players anytime they want, well guess what?

The players are gonna treat it like a business too.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:03 PM
I don't like the Raiders, but they got done dirty. They are trying to build something positive there and they had AB's back all off-season despite his many transgressions. He then pushes the envelope so far that they are pretty much forced to release him. That's lame.

And if you think about it, AB forced the Steelers' hand in pretty much the same manner. I am wondering if the dude is just evil. Eve brought up the narcissistic angle earlier. She could very well be correct.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:05 PM
That's a good point, Swish. I agree.

However, I would prefer dudes go about the business of switching teams like L. Bell did rather than the way AB did. Trashing your teammates, coaches, and FO dudes is a lame-ass way of doing "business."
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:12 PM
jc -

This guy threw a coach off a hotel balcony. Could have killed someone. What if he had hurt a child. Sane people don't throw furniture off balconies, not even to get out of a contract. He never expressed any remorse for that either. The dude is not all there, and I have a hard time believing the behaviors that were documented were part of some master plan to get out of Oakland.

Belichick made it work with a murderer. They'll probably make it work for the year. Would be very surprised if it went beyond that, however.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:13 PM
Good points.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:18 PM
I agree with that, but then we have to ask ourselves this:

How else was he suppose to get away from the raiders? Remember, Le’Veon was on a FT I believe, and his own teammates started ripping him in public even though he said nothing bad about them. Bell missed a whole year.

Brown’s method, while nasty, is only gonna have him miss 1 game (I wish they would’ve let him play tonight lol). I mean I was personally offended when he called his boss cracker, you just CANT say that whatsoever. It’s racist and ruins teams. Especially the guy who gave you 30 mill guaranteed!!

But, AB’s (or maybe belichick’s) way worked. Think about ABs personality. As trash as it is, I think you and I understand from HIS perspective, why play for the team the steelers want me to play for, instead of the team I want to play for?

The Steelers sent him to a train wreck team on the super cheap. If teams can play games like that with contracts and such, then so can the players.

But the unfortunate reality is that in the nfl, players basically have to resort to this in order to have player mobility.

Maybe somebody way smarter than us can figure this out with the upcoming CBA bro. I don’t have the answers as to how this issue can be less painful moving forward, but while ABs antics were trashy and racist.....it worked.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:26 PM
I think we agree on the general principle. More power to the player. I just could never bring myself to treat people the way AB has. It's hard for me to get past that, bro.

I would like to see the players fight for more rights, money, and freedom in the next CBA........but, the NFL owners are a strong group who have whupped the players in every set of negotiations. The players have to think of creative ways to "give" in order to "get." Maybe an additional game or two would do the trick. Eliminate 2-4 preseason games, add 1-2 regular season games, and get a bigger slice of the pie?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 01:33 PM
Quote:
This guy threw a coach off a hotel balcony.

Dear god! ooo Was it Gruden? fingerscrossed
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:05 PM
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:07 PM
I have to complement my fellow posters. Excellent discussion on the said topic with many good points being put forth. Whether I'm agreed with or not it's nice to hear all the opinions. I still think AB and his agent planned this!!! smirk Especially knowing the reputation of the Pats organization and their close freindships wink
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:09 PM
for the NFLPA to get what they want, its gonna have to be the extra games bro.

i think this preseason pretty much sealed that aspect too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:44 PM
Mort says Dorsey checked in:

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 02:52 PM
LOL Social media consultant?

It doesn’t shock me that Dorsey checked it out either
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:07 PM
Wow .... billicheck offered the stilers a 1st for AB according to Mort ... and now he gets him for NOTHING ... only in patriotville ... DAMM IT!!!!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom

This really feels like tampering\collusion. If I were the commissioner I would investigate it immediately. It won't happen though because Goodell is incompetent.
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:32 PM
Honestly, the Raiders dropped the ball here.

They should have simply deactivated Antonio Brown indefinitely and sent him home. they could have used "contract dispute and failure to pay fines" as the reason for deactivating him would legal under the CBA.

They never should have given Brown what he wanted by cutting him. By deactivating him he is no longer a distraction to the team, and the Raiders could have sat tight for a few weeks and someone would have traded for him. If not the Raiders would have been free to cut him at the end of the year. this would have ensured Brown played no where but for the Raiders in 2019.

Gruden & Mayock dropped the ball here. they could have simply deactivated him and sat on Brown and not a darn thing AB could do about it, someone would have given them a 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th rd pick for him. They at least would have gotten something instead of the nothing they got.

Glad this happened to them instead of the Browns for a change.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:33 PM
even in deactivation, him being on the roster most likely meant they have to pay him the 30 million.

the raiders pretty much had to release him.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:35 PM
Maybe if he hadn't signed with the Pats...
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:41 PM
AB won't last long with the Pats. Belichick won't put up with any of his crap. A lot of these troubled players have ended up there in New England and while it has worked out occasionally Belichick has also cut a number of them at the first sign of trouble. AB is a massive head case. He really needs to seek some help. I don't see him straightening up and flying right so I don't expect him to last long under Belichick.
Posted By: mac Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:53 PM
Too many coincidences to believe Brown to Patriots just "happened".

Suspicions grow that Antonio Brown to the Patriots didn’t happen out of the blue on Saturday

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2019, 10:45 AM EDT

The Steelers were determined not to trade receiver Antonio Brown to the Patriots or to any other team in the AFC North. And now, of course, Antonio Brown plays for the Patriots.

Both Adam Schefter of ESPN and Mike Giardi of NFL Network report that the Patriots did indeed try to trade for Brown in March, but the Steelers resisted their overtures. Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Patriots actually offered a first-round pick for Brown.

While the only good news is that the Steelers won’t have to face Brown tonight in New England, the Patriots get a major boost. And they get Brown without giving up trade compensation, without paying Brown $30 million in guaranteed money, and with a potential compensatory draft pick in 2021, if Brown leaves in free agency after this season.

That guaranteed money Brown has lost in Oakland becomes the strongest argument against the notion that the trade to Oakland and inevitable release by the Raiders was part of a broader plan to get Brown to New England. Brown will get a $9 million signing bonus, a base salary close to the minimum for his level of service, and incentives worth another $5 million or so. That’s a far cry from $30 million.

But while it may not have been planned from the get-go, once the proverbial Rubicon was crossed in Oakland (as a league source told PFT, the fine letter from G.M. Mike Mayock was the tipping point), it’s fair to wonder whether things were said behind the scenes regarding hypothetical interest in a hypothetical acquisition of a hypothetical player who may be available, hypothetically. The fact that the deal came together so quickly fuels that speculation — especially given the financial commitment made by the Patriots.

Remember when everyone believed running back LeGarrette Blount misbehaved his way out of Pittsburgh, knowing that the Patriots would welcome him back? Remember when Blount was pressed on that subject and didn’t deny it? Those same suspicions are wafting now, and even though Brown won’t be on the field or on the sidelines tonight in New England, it gives an added flavor to one of the best rivalries in football.

link
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:58 PM
Report: Browns, Seahawks were among suitors for Brown
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1828128

Antonio Brown garnered significant interest as a free agent after being released from the Oakland Raiders on Saturday.

Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said there was a robust market for the four-time All-Pro receiver, despite his erratic behavior during a six-month stint with the Raiders, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

Among the teams showing interest were the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks, according to Mortensen. Though teams confirmed interest in the star receiver, other clubs ultimately believed a Brown-New England Patriots union was a "fait accompli."

The Patriots reportedly agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $15 million with Brown, which includes a $9-million signing bonus.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 03:59 PM
I figured the Seahawks would want him .. thought Houston would too. I’m a bit surprised we reached out honestly
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/08/19 04:01 PM
I think Dorsey kicks every tire he can to make us better talentwise.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:45 AM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:47 AM
Well that lasted 2 seconds.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:50 AM
I am almost afraid to say this, but that women's account doesn't exactly ring true.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:53 AM
Taken the accusations seriously, believe the evidence.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:00 AM
Another issue for him ... whether it’s true or not of course (and let’s hope it isnt)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:37 AM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 04:27 AM
so does he get suspended while the lawsuit is going on or does he keep playing?

I think the NFL will let him play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 09:09 AM
Yeah, no doubt they let him play .. until (if) evidence provides otherwise
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I think the NFL will let him play.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 11:00 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Depends on what team he's on.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 11:55 AM
Sad "new" development. Does this surprise you? What an insane existence this must be.

Who will take Brown's side in this?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:34 PM
Taken the accusations seriously, believe the evidence.

Apparantly, someone leaked DM's of a person saying they have proof the lady is extorting him and audio of her saying she was going too. He also reportedly filed a counter suit.

I haven't heard any audio, that hasn't been released, and these are just "leaked" DM's - hasn't been confirmed.

I think at this point, it needs investigated absolutely - but until its proven impropriety took place, I don't believe he should be suspended. Innocent until proven guilty. However it most definitely should be investigated by any and all means to get to the bottom of it.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Sad "new" development. Does this surprise you? What an insane existence this must be.

Who will take Brown's side in this?
There are not "sides". There is what happened, and what did not happen. Sadly, people will not wait for evidence to make judgements. Investigate, find out what happened. If true, prosecute him to the fullest extent. If not true, the accuser should be thrown in jail and forced to pay any and all legal cost.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:10 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:16 PM
i agree.

also, you have to wonder about timing. im not gonna comment on the actual incident and what he did or didnt do out of respect for the victim, because we've had this convo before in PP about sexual assault and accusations.

but this doesnt drop until after he signs with the patriots? and why a lawsuit and not file criminal charges?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:26 PM
i agree.

also, you have to wonder about timing. im not gonna comment on the actual incident and what he did or didnt do out of respect for the victim, because we've had this convo before in PP about sexual assault and accusations.

but this doesnt drop until after he signs with the patriots? and why a lawsuit and not file criminal charges?

We have. And I think in matters like these - consistency is key - for all. Accusers and accused.

As of right this very second - its he said she said. We do not have any other information.

So anyone saying he did something - is wrong. anyone saying he didn't do anything - is wrong.

Let the investigation take place, but until its over - his life shouldn't be interrupted or penalized until its proven.

I hope the NFL agrees.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 01:28 PM
Oh to add....

As far as timing as you said, its weird, but he just signed a larger contract with Oak before this, that would have lent more towards the extortion aspect I would suspect - he was more flush with cash when he had 30 mil, not 9. But that's all speculation.

She could be a victim, she could be a steeler fan wanting revenge, no one knows. But she deserves to be heard and the case investigated.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 05:12 PM
j/c:

Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 05:17 PM
Report: NFL to consider putting Brown on commissioner's exempt list
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1801145

The NFL will give "serious consideration" to placing Antonio Brown on its commissioner's exempt list after the New England Patriots wide receiver was accused of raping his former trainer in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday, sources told Mark Maske of The Washington Post.

If placed on the list, Brown would be paid but wouldn't be eligible to play or practice.

It's unclear whether the league will make a decision before New England's next game, a Sunday matchup with the Miami Dolphins. Potentially placing Brown on the list is something the NFL "is going to have to focus on," according to one of Maske's sources.

The NFL has begun investigating Britney Taylor's allegations against Brown, and league leaders plan to meet Wednesday to discuss the matter.

Taylor intends to meet with the NFL next week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The league could allow Brown to start playing for the Patriots, who officially announced his one-year deal on Monday, while the investigation plays out. In that case, the wideout could be placed on the commissioner's list at a later date.

Brown denied the allegations that he sexually assaulted Taylor on three separate occasions in 2017 and 2018 through his lawyer, Darren Heitner, who tweeted that his client intends to "aggressively defend himself."

In a statement, Heitner said "any sexual interaction" between Brown and Taylor "was entirely consensual."

Brown's one-year contract is reportedly worth up to $15 million. It contains a $9-million signing bonus, and the Patriots apparently included a $20-million team option for 2020.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Maybe someone can help me out, I am a little confused.

Did she file charges with the police, or make a report?

I get MOST victims do not file reports. They don't want to be branded or relive the incident - I 100% understand that. However, its weird she would sue him knowing that would be public information (basically reporting it, reliving the incident) if she didn't file a police report or charges.

Maybe I am mistaken in the process, please let me know if I am.

I just think its odd she would file a lawsuit against him but not file a police report.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 06:15 PM
She did not file a police report. At this point it's up to law enforcement or the DA to determine whether or not her accusations warrant an investigation. An investigation would determine probable cause and whether or not criminal charges should be filed.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 06:16 PM
She did not file a police report. At this point it's up to law enforcement or the DA to determine whether or not her accusations warrant an investigation. An investigation would determine probable cause and whether or not criminal charges should be filed.

Thank you.

Then I would have to seriously question why she wouldn't file a report, but file a lawsuit.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 06:36 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Thank you.

Then I would have to seriously question why she wouldn't file a report, but file a lawsuit.

Well, at this point, with no police report ever filed, if you're going to file a civil suit, you might as well do that first. It may be different if this was "low profile", but the attention to this case will prompt a criminal investigation anyway.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 07:02 PM

I am in agreement with most here - if there is grounds for investigations then investigate. I find it an issue that needs to be reviewed/answered - why she filed a lawsuit instead of reporting it ... but with that said rape and abuse go unreported the VAST MAJORITY of the time ... I don't ever think it's okay to turn round and dismiss an allegation and downplay it because of the timing of when the alleged victim comes forward.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I am in agreement with most here - if there is grounds for investigations then investigate. I find it an issue that needs to be reviewed/answered - why she filed a lawsuit instead of reporting it ... but with that said rape and abuse go unreported the VAST MAJORITY of the time ... I don't ever think it's okay to turn round and dismiss an allegation and downplay it because of the timing of when the alleged victim comes forward.

I absolutely agree that THE VAST majoirity it goes unreported. I stated that too. But which brings my question, why report it in the form of a lawsuit, and not the form of a police report?

There very well could be a good reason, IDK. But it doesn't help with the optics of the case.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 07:18 PM
I think the difference in a guilty verdict may have something to do with it. In a criminal rape case, usually physical evidence is needed to get a conviction. That would most likely mean that it be reported right away where DNA or other physical evidence could be gathered.

Because in a criminal case the burden of proof is much higher. It has to be, "Beyond a reasonable doubt". That's a pretty high bar to reach without physical evidence.

In a civil case however, a case only has to reach "a preponderance of evidence". Which is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence.

So achieving a guilty conviction on a civil case is much easier to get than in a criminal case.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I absolutely agree that THE VAST majoirity it goes unreported. I stated that too. But which brings my question, why report it in the form of a lawsuit, and not the form of a police report?

There very well could be a good reason, IDK. But it doesn't help with the optics of the case.

Well, here, lets put the shoe on the other foot. Why report the crime, wait between weeks and an eternity for a response, only to be told "it's under investigation" ad nauseam, while you're waiting to file civil charges? At least by filing civil charges and putting the case in the limelight, you can be sure a criminal investigation will take place at greater than a snail's pace.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/11/19 10:49 PM

I don't like Antonio Brown, but I also don't like late claims of sexual misconduct and rape.

The woman says she was assaulted multiple times over a few years while under his employ.

Why did she remain under his employment as a trainer for a year or more after he grabbed the girls or whatever he did?

Seedy people with money get followed by seedy people. For that matter, people with money get followed by seedy people.

Money attracts greed and envy.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/12/19 04:30 PM
j/c

Does anyone else find the timing of this extremely odd considering the accuser is unavailable for questioning/comment for another week because....she's getting married?

Who decides the week before their wedding to file charges like this? That week is usually filled with chaos, events, family, friends, excitement. The wedding is basically all you're thinking about and doing.

Certainly not saying it means it's false or shouldn't be taken seriously and investigated - just that it's one of a handful of things that popped into my mind as odd and made me go "hmmm" about the accusations and information to date.

(In addition to things like her claim that this happened multiple times over the course of over a year - but she continued to be employed by him - why not quit?, and even go out to dinner with him one on one and come up to his hotel room after dinner, and apparently even slept there while he did "things" - why in the world would you put yourself in those situations after the first time?)
Posted By: Knight Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/12/19 11:56 PM
-Yes the timing is suspect
-yes the charge is dubious
-no I have no simpathy for AB whatsoever
-he orchestrated this whole drama of rebellion and media attention to get releaded, cost the Raiders a draft pick and put that organization through hell to get what he wanted..a chance at a superbowl ring. If you believe he ever intented to play a game for Oakland you are fooling yourself. I am very happy that they won thier first game. The guy is an immoral absolute piece of crap from the very core of his soul. I call this poetic justice and i hope he and the Pats lose out in the end beacaue I think they were both in on it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/13/19 12:18 AM
Wow!
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/13/19 07:52 PM
j/c:

Antonio Brown's former stepfather said he is not surprised the New England Patriots star has been accused of rape and sexual assault as he is 'very abusive' toward women

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...sive-women.html
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/13/19 08:04 PM
That sucks and all, but doesn't really have much relevance to the accusation. Besides, we already knew he was a dirtbag.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/13/19 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight
-Yes the timing is suspect
-yes the charge is dubious
-no I have no simpathy for AB whatsoever
-he orchestrated this whole drama of rebellion and media attention to get releaded, cost the Raiders a draft pick and put that organization through hell to get what he wanted..a chance at a superbowl ring. If you believe he ever intented to play a game for Oakland you are fooling yourself. I am very happy that they won thier first game. The guy is an immoral absolute piece of crap from the very core of his soul. I call this poetic justice and i hope he and the Pats lose out in the end beacaue I think they were both in on it.

I don't think getting released by the Raiders was some kind of Master Plan to get to the Pats. He screwed up with the Raiders, put himself in a position where they took away his guaranteed money, THEN made it so they released him and signed with the Pats for a lot less money than he would have got with the Raiders. He's a headcase and I seriously doubt he lasts in NE. Belichick may like to pick up idiots like this in the hope the "Patriot Way" changes their behavior but the very second he sees that isn't happening he drops them but QUICK! The first time the dumbass live tweets from the Pats locker room or doesn't show up for a walkthrough, or leaves practice for BS reasons he will be released so fast it will make his head spin. Belichick does not suffer fools and AB is the biggest fool in the league. He makes meathead look stable.
Posted By: Knight Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/14/19 02:11 PM
You might be right. But I keep asking myself this question. Who would be crazy(stupid) enough to engage in such erratic, irratoinal, insane behavior and put 30mil in of gaurantied money at risk? The helmet saga, threatening the GM with physical violence, posting a recorded call with his coach on twitter(which is illegal). It just got more ludicris as it went on. Why would he act that way? 1. He knew he had even bigger potential contract waiting at a team he originaly wanted to play for, 15mil and 20mil option next year 35mil all gauranteed. 2. The guy is completely unhinged and off his rocker. Then from the patriots side if AB is that unhinged they would have to be crazy themselves give that person 15mil just to sign with thier team unless..someone from the pats has been in contach with AB all along. The media acting like the Pats signing was some big shocker, I wasn't suprised one bit. Everything added up as soon as that happened. AB may be the mmost selfish ass in all of football but he is not dumb enough to throw away his livelyhood and career. Just my opinion anyway.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/14/19 09:10 PM
I think his plan all along was to not play for the Raoders. I'm not sure when he made that decision but his actions clearly demonstrate that he didn't want to be there.

I'm not sure the plan was nefarious enough to rise to the level of planning out that he would end up with the Patriots all along.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/14/19 09:11 PM
j/c:

Terry Bradshaw says he 'can't stand' guys like AB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27611998/terry-bradshaw-says-stand-guys-ab

Antonio Brown loses helmet endorsement amid rape allegations

https://nypost.com/2019/09/14/antonio-brown-loses-helmet-endorsement-amid-rape-allegations/
Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 12:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...with-nfl-monday

Says here that a rookie NFL player was present at the location where one of the alleged actions occurred per the accuser. That player will have to participate in the league’s investigation. Calloway was a rookie last year and he and A.B. are close, FWIW. Obviously that is circumstantial, but I hope for the Browns’ sake it was not Calloway so our team doesn’t get dragged into this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 03:12 PM
Good call there .. I bet it is Callaway
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 03:12 PM
Maybe it was JuJu naughtydevil
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 03:21 PM
Haha no Juju and AB have long hated each other (seriously)
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Maybe it was JuJu naughtydevil
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 03:35 PM
j/c

I, too, when this first came out, thought "Odd timing. Why wait?" etc. Thought the lady might be just looking for some money.

BUT - the first paragraph of this article makes me wonder.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-antonio-brown-accuser-had-133239067.html

Quote:
The Patriots and the NFL didn’t know that Antonio Brown would be sued for sexual assault and rape before he signed with New England. But Brown definitely did.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that Brown and his accuser, Britney Taylor, “engaged in settlement talks for months” before the lawsuit was filed.

Why would Brown even entertain 'settlement talks' if it weren't true?

And also, at this point, it's a 'he said she said' thing. No physical proof. But, IF he was engaging in settlement talks, it makes one wonder............doesn't it?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 03:37 PM
Just seeing that AB is active for today ... so watch him go for 10 catches, 150 yards and 2 TD
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:02 PM
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation.

Apparently they don't.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:07 PM
I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that.

What? You just said "I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation. "

I replied "apparently they don't"...............and now you're 'waiting to see how this all plays out before you make a determination on that."??????
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:43 PM
What the hell does waiting to see if a player is required to disclose there may be pending litigation have to do with is guilt or innocence?

So yes, I would have thought it would be required. I have no idea if that is correct or not. So I'm waiting to see if it turns out that way or not.

What's your problem today?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 04:50 PM
I don't have a problem. Perhaps you do?

Re read. I'll try 1 more time. Here is what you said:
Quote:
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation

And then I politely told you "apparently they don't."

And then you started twisting and turning by saying "I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that."

And I even linked to an article saying exactly the same thing I said.

Please.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight
You might be right. But I keep asking myself this question. Who would be crazy(stupid) enough to engage in such erratic, irratoinal, insane behavior and put 30mil in of gaurantied money at risk? The helmet saga, threatening the GM with physical violence, posting a recorded call with his coach on twitter(which is illegal). It just got more ludicris as it went on. Why would he act that way? 1. He knew he had even bigger potential contract waiting at a team he originaly wanted to play for, 15mil and 20mil option next year 35mil all gauranteed. 2. The guy is completely unhinged and off his rocker. Then from the patriots side if AB is that unhinged they would have to be crazy themselves give that person 15mil just to sign with thier team unless..someone from the pats has been in contach with AB all along. The media acting like the Pats signing was some big shocker, I wasn't suprised one bit. Everything added up as soon as that happened. AB may be the mmost selfish ass in all of football but he is not dumb enough to throw away his livelyhood and career. Just my opinion anyway.

I'd guess it's probably similar to why so many Roman emperors became sadistic killers and Michael Jackson became (presumably) a serial pedophile. Sometimes people reach a high enough pinnacle of success and power to where no one is able/willing/or inclined to enforce limitations on them or to simply tell them something is wrong. Mix that with a little mental instability that was probably there the whole time... Boom! You end up with people who engage in behaviors so obviously likely to bring it all down but they can't see it because their view of realty has become warped.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 06:19 PM
Well, the proof is apparently in the pudding then Arch? Some need to wait. Some just know and pass judgment immediately. Some are even right. This lunacy just appalls me; take this cup away from me already . . . .
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 06:27 PM
Every time I log in I see 'Antonio Brown Released' and I get a chuckle... and then I realize it's the old title.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 10:30 PM
Well, he at least gave the Pats one good game
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 10:53 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Every time I log in I see 'Antonio Brown Released' and I get a chuckle... and then I realize it's the old title.

Can the title of this thread be changed .. or at least a new one started ... ?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/15/19 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
j/c

I, too, when this first came out, thought "Odd timing. Why wait?" etc. Thought the lady might be just looking for some money.

Quote:
The Patriots and the NFL didn’t know that Antonio Brown would be sued for sexual assault and rape before he signed with New England. But Brown definitely did.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that Brown and his accuser, Britney Taylor, “engaged in settlement talks for months” before the lawsuit was filed.

On the other hand, perhaps he didn't reach a settlement because he wasn't guilty? Who knows? I don't. You don't, either.

You are just the type of person who looks for the bad in everyone not named "arch."
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 12:43 AM
j/c

Quote:

On the other hand, perhaps he didn't reach a settlement because he wasn't guilty? Who knows? I don't. You don't, either.

You are just the type of person who looks for the bad in everyone not named "arch."

notallthere
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 07:53 AM
I'm with you on this.

Why did he talk of settlement if there was no wrongdoing?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 08:45 AM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I'm with you on this.

Sometimes it is much easier to just put it behind you even if you did nothing wrong.

I don't know if he did or didn't. I don't know if she was or wasn't. It's probably in that murky area.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I'm with you on this.

I am not saying that he isn't guilty, but having a rape accusation attached to your name will certainly make you listen. If you can make it go away w/out having your name being soiled, why would you not consider the proposal?

I think the fact that he refused to pay actually makes him appear more innocent. That was chump change for him.

But again, he could very well be guilty and I am not making any judgements on his guilt or innocence.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 02:33 PM
j/c:

It will be interesting to see how this pans out for AB in the coming days/weeks. He looks to possibly be in a lot of trouble, but we shall see.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 04:21 PM
j/c:

A lenghty article but a good read. I came away thinking AB is simply a bad human being.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 04:55 PM
Why do NFL millionaires steal?

I have never understood this.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 06:46 PM
From the Klemko article.

“My client is pissed because he stiffed him and ghosted and him, was being evasive, and then next thing you know Brown is in Paris buying a Richard Mille watch, so it’s just a complete insult.”

These watches are causing all sorts of trouble!.....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/16/19 07:04 PM
Watches are inanimate objects. They can do no harm. People on the other hand....
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:15 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:16 PM
wow!!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:18 PM
I'm guessing they know something we don't.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:19 PM
????
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:21 PM
Well he sent threatening messages to one of his accusers so that’s not a great look.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:25 PM
No, it's not.

Well, at least the thread title is accurate again.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:26 PM
Heyy, From the Patriots!

The Thread title finaly makes sense, Antonio Brown REleased from the patriots.

The last 5 days I read this, title, about him being released from the Steelers, and thought, oh, did the Patriots let him go,

Apparantly, today they did!
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:29 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-cut-antonio-brown-after-latest-allegations-201440184.html

Quote:
In group text messages that include the woman, some Brown associates and his lawyer, Darren Heitner, Brown posts pictures of the woman’s children and her Instagram account, telling the lackeys, “let’s look up her background history see how broke this girl is.”
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:34 PM
AB definitely needs professional help, there is something not quite right, he tilt way too far one way or the other randomly for this to be his regular personality.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:37 PM
He may be done now ... he’s crazy
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:38 PM
I certainly suspect the same.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
AB definitely needs professional help, there is something not quite right, he tilt way too far one way or the other randomly for this to be his regular personality.

I'm gonna guess he's a narcissist.

From Google:

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 09:02 PM
Being released, is he still getting paid by anyone? no one?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I won't have it exact, but I read that as of Monday, if still on the team, he'd get $5 million. Getting rid of him now only put the Pat's on the line for $4 million of his $9 million contract.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 09:11 PM
I am surprised that having legal, lawbreaking issues does not negate a contract
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 09:45 PM
A bargain at any price. Can't imagine BB will lose any sleep over this one. He is like the NFL
third rail right now IMO. Hope we don't go there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 09:45 PM
He was due a chunk of his money on Monday, so he only gets paid about $150,000 this year .. when he HAD $30 million guaranteed a month ago
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:12 PM

Regarding Brown.

A fool and his money are bound to part ways.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:18 PM
Does he get signed by anyone at this point?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife

Not until the investigation is over.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:25 PM

Not a chance. Not unless he is completely exonerated by the NFL
Posted By: BADdog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:27 PM

I cant imagine who would sign him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog

John Dorsey haha ... just kidding

I don’t think he’ll play this year now (and there’s a slim chance never again)
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 11:32 PM

Historically I’d say the Raiders, but...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/20/19 11:54 PM
j/c:

Typically, I try and defend those who receive a lot of negative attention, but there it is impossible to defend this POS. Bringing the woman's kids into the equation? Are you freaking kidding me? mad
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 12:03 AM
Can someone post the video of AB finding out the Patriots freed him?

Thanks...
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 12:44 AM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Can someone post the video of AB finding out the Patriots freed him?

Thanks...

Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Between Gordon, Thomas, and Brown. The Patriots will have about 4 weeks of great WR play.

Then Thomas will trip over it and be out for the season, Brown will burn it down and Gordon will get suspended for snorting the ashes.

1 down, 2 to go.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 01:38 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 02:37 AM
This dude should be done in the NFL....
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: BADdog

No one. His baggage now outweighs his talent.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 02:51 AM
He didn't kill anyone, so if he gets past his legal issues at some point soon, he'll be eligible to play again.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 03:11 AM
Agreed. Let the legal process work to fruition. If he's innocent he has the right to come back and play. If he's guilty he can't. I just can't help thinking what a waste of talent and that's a sin. Whether it's someone with athletic talent, brains, entertainment, whatever, wasted talent is one of life's sins. Most people wish they had the talent AB has.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
He didn't kill anyone, so if he gets past his legal issues at some point soon, he'll be eligible to play again.

He's not ineligible to play now. Too much baggage.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

He's not ineligible to play now. Too much baggage.

So he's eligible to play because of his baggage? saywhat
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 12:23 PM
Well technically he’s eligible to play. The nfl just released a statement saying it doesn’t make sense to put him on the exempt list because he’s a FA right now. So if somebody signed him, he might get put on the list.

But you’re right in a moral standpoint. Too much baggage. I don’t see a team signing him until everything is cleared up. But he still might get suspended once signed based on the personal conduct policy.

All I know is that the browns better not even think about signing this clown, even after everything is cleared up.
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 03:48 PM
I think Dorsey had to work pretty hard to get ownership - especially Dee Haslam - to accept Kareem Hunt. Antonio Brown would be a bridge too far because, IMO, he's not just misguided, he's bad people.

The only GM that would risk taking on Brown at this point is one who answers to nobody - Jerry Jones.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 04:02 PM

This was an easy decision for the Pats.

No way they were going to deal with distraction every single day.

Belichick does not tolerate distractions.

Brown is the classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 04:53 PM
This guy is one of those people I always say he should thank his lucky stars he's good at football. If he wasn't who knows where he'd be. Wouldn't get far I'm thinking. Has mental problems and is a head case.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I won't have it exact, but I read that as of Monday, if still on the team, he'd get $5 million. Getting rid of him now only put the Pat's on the line for $4 million of his $9 million contract.

Article:

Antonio Brown cost himself millions by getting cut from Raiders, Patriots

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-bro...-213415941.html

From the twitter link in the article:

If Antonio Brown does not wind up receiving his $9M signing bonus from the Patriots (the first $5M was due to be paid on Monday), he will go from a $30M guarantee in March to $9M guaranteed to just $158,333 made for 2019.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 06:41 PM
This dumpster fire doesnt deserve 30M.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 06:41 PM
Or 9M.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/21/19 08:28 PM
WGGTG!!
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 01:14 PM
I love Belichick and Brady. But I have to say, I feel a deep sense of satisfaction that this didn't work out. Particularly if there was some type of collusion getting AB to the Pats. Also, I am patiently waiting for Gordon's next screw-up. He doesn't deserve to be playing after FIVE chances, and the only reason he is still in the league is because of the confluence of his talent, the team he's on, Goodell's inconsistent, do whatever he likes philosophy, and the NFL's money-grubbing policies. JMHO
Posted By: Haus Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 01:34 PM
Or 9M.

Or 158K.
Posted By: Haus Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 01:40 PM
Here's what I said back in April: https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...ope#Post1611907

Originally Posted By: Haus
Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda... that's AB's middle name... at least when he's not on the field. Dude is a legitimate basket case.

That's my read on the guy as well. Probably has some mental issues, doubt we've heard the last from him.

"Call me Mr. Big Chest!"

Though I have to say, AB has exceeded even my expectations.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 02:01 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 02:03 PM

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 02:15 PM
I am ready for AB to go away.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 02:42 PM
Sometimes those who live on the edge fall off.

Obviously he has problems that make him unemployable.

He needs to grow up and be accountable for his behavior, not the actions of others.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 02:42 PM
Same here, Vers. It’s becoming tiresome
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 03:21 PM
[quote=Dawgs4Life]Same here, Vers. It’s becoming tiresome It's getting to be like the Terrell Owens fiasco from years ago. Lead story every night on Sportscenter
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 03:38 PM
i am too but he has a point.

Big ben got accused multiple times and didnt get cut.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 03:41 PM
i am too but he has a point.ess tolerance for

Times have changed. There’s less tolerance for such behavior.

Though I agree with the sentiment.
Ben is human pond scum in an ugly black and yellow costume.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 03:48 PM
AB had a contract, he had terms and conditions to that contract, he violated that contract, the owner terminated the contract.

I have no idea why he thinks he should get 5 mil tomorrow.

He needs to just go away. He made his bed
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Bye, Felicia.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 04:40 PM
Wondering if AB has a bad case of CTE ?
Posted By: Dave Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 05:05 PM

I'm wondering if he has a bad case of NPD ...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...es/syc-20366662
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 05:06 PM
Oh crap their is a name for what I have brownie
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 05:07 PM

Probably so at this point. His behavior was getting more and more bizarre with the Steelers last season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 05:40 PM
And maybe it’s just me, but I cant even understand some of the tweets/texts from him
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 07:59 PM
Poor AB. Good riddance! Never liked his conduct; the Game doesn't need this despite real skills IMO. Maybe this is an object lesson for the owners who will sign any player regardless of baggage. He just needs to disappear.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 08:55 PM
Sad so much talent but no Brains he should be banned from the NFL ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I know his agent said he has a lot of interest now, but I cant see it at the moment
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 09:11 PM
Who would want his baggage superconfused
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I know his agent said he has a lot of interest now, but I cant see it at the moment

Drew Rosenhaus has to play that game. Of course he’s lying that teams are interested. AB is cut on Friday and then blasts Kraft over Twitter (burning bridges across the league). He torched the Raiders front office too. Sure, another team wants in on that.

And it’s funny AB is complaining about losing all that guaranteed money. If he had attended Raiders practice and those walkthroughs, which would have got him playing week 1, he’d be sitting pretty right now. However, he didn’t read his contract and forced his way out of Oakland.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/22/19 09:41 PM
Pretty much "it. End of discussion."

No ones fault but his own.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/23/19 01:19 PM

Big ben laid low and didn't threaten his accusers.

please don't make me stand up for that rapist.
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/23/19 01:29 PM
pretty nervy for a guy who stiffs his employees right and left saying that
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Antonio Brown Released - 09/23/19 01:47 PM

It's only a point if all things were equal, which they aren't. Ben, Kraft and the others were all "model citizens" before, during and after their accusations. They let the legal process play out and were good teammates.

AB has been a loudmouth prima donna throughout everything. He was a gigantic jerk in Pittsburgh last year, a huge Richard with the Raiders and apparently sent threatening text messages to his accusers while with the Pats. He's got talent, but he's a massive distraction with those new legal issues. That's a bad combination if you want to stay in the NFL.

I thought I heard an ESPN talking head say that the Pats told him to run his routes, catch some balls and keep out of the news while all this plays out. He was on his 2nd strike already, so don't do a damn thing but play ball....he couldn't last a week with that advice.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/03/22 11:49 PM
What a way to bring this two-year-old thread back to life!

Brown throws a temper tantrum, rips off jersey and t-shirt, throws clothing into the stands and dances off the field.

Some reports said he was mad about not being able to reach milestones that would afford him $1 million + in incentive bonuses... that makes no sense since he refused to enter the game numerous times.

All said, now that his NFL career is over, at least this episode is not as bad as:

Throwing furniture out of a 14th story hotel window and almost hitting a toddler.
Not showing up for practice numerous times.
Burning your feet by not wearing proper foot attire and then blaming the cryotherapy machine.
Pouting because your teammate is named team MVP.
Taking a month to pick out a new helmet and even trying to spray paint your old one to match (can't make that one up).
Repeatedly calling his GM a "cracker".
Lawsuits for sexual assault.
Multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.
Assault and battery against the driver of a moving truck (did his new furniture show up late?).

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did.

Well, at least this time he had a valid excuse...

Sayonara, loser.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 12:07 AM
I don't buy the point of view that his problems have anything to do with the CTE thing.

Maybe some sort of narcissistic behavioral peculiarity? Who knows.

He'll show up again in the non-sports world, craving some sort of attention (positive or negative).
Posted By: jfanent Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by AZBrown
I don't buy the point of view that his problems have anything to do with the CTE thing.

Why? I think every one of the things Fate mentioned happened after the Burfict hit.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 01:55 PM
I'm skeptical, but he said he wouldn't go in because of his ankle, and Arians told him to go in anyway. If that's true then this latest incident has a whole different look to it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 06:03 PM
I'm not so sure. We really won't really know the answer until they can study his brain when he's dead. While it can't be posted, not even the link due to NFL content, I suggest you check youtube under "Antonio Brown knocked out by Vontaze Burfict HD".
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by AZBrown

Why? I think every one of the things Fate mentioned happened after the Burfict hit.
You know, I really had never given that much thought but the timeline definitely agrees. I actually feel a little bad for calling him a loser and making fun of him. There's enough smoke there and I just ran across an article that says as much...

“He started to be someone who was afraid everyone was out to get him, he never smiled after that all that much – he became somebody different. He used to be innocently narcissistic, much like a lot of receivers in the NFL, but he didn't have this dark side to him. And for me, every single incident, it all happened after the Burfict hit,” Dunlap told told The Zach Gelb Show, according to Cinninati.com.

“If you can't see the trajectory that took a sharp spike right after the Burfict hit – and he has never recovered since then. That's just all fact, the timeline: the everybody's out to get me, the dark, never smiling. The guy used to smile all the time. … When's the last time you've seen AB happy? … I think that the launching point for me is that AFC Wild Card game. I think it's that, and I think his head is messed up from football.”

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/vontaze-bur...one-of-the-dirtiest-hits-weve-ever-seen/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 08:58 PM
Much like yourself I had to consider those things and it certainly gave me reasons to wonder.
Posted By: FATE Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 09:02 PM
Right. That being said, it seems ludicrous to think that we need to wait 'til someone dies before we find out if something is wrong with their brain. Particularly if we let them continue to play such a violent game when there are warning signals that something is wrong.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/04/22 09:12 PM
I certainly agree. But the problem is to this point the only way they've actually been able to diagnose it is by cutting into the brain after the player is dead. And as is often the case, if you have no way to know with any certainty, what should you do? As of right now the popular opinion floating around is that the NFL should be supporting mental health awareness and sticking by their players suffering from mental health issues. And so far that seems to be their approach. I could see the backlash the NFL would receive if they just assumed everyone with mental issues in the league had CTE and didn't allow them to play.

Hopefully they will find a way to diagnose CTE in those who are living. I'm not sure what else they can do in the meantime.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/05/22 01:30 AM
j/c...

The saga continues.

Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/05/22 06:54 AM
It is a challenge to hold him long enough to put the lipstick on the farm animal…

He obviously has mental issues and is an unreliable candidate for a multimillion dollar contract.

I hope he gets help, but he has probably played his last down… Too risky….
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/06/22 02:13 AM
j/c...

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/06/22 04:08 AM
so.. AB to IR. got it
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/06/22 03:54 PM
... and Arians to suspension?

Crazy if what AB is saying in his tweet is true
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/06/22 03:56 PM
AB said that he is too injured to ;lay, and yet also said that the Bucs dropped him because he was going to do too much in the final game and a half and would earn big bonuses.

I don't think that even AB knows what AB thinks anymore.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/06/22 08:10 PM
oh man... the NFLPA is going to be licking their chops after this one...

the bucs released him saying he was cleared to play. He is saying he needs season ended ankle surgery.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33006862/tampa-bay-buccaneers-release-antonio-brown

"While Antonio did receive treatment on his ankle and was listed on the injury report the week leading up to last Sunday's game, he was cleared to play by our medical team prior to the start of the game and at no point during the game did he indicate to our medical personnel that he could not play.

"You can't force a player to play," Arians said. "They have that choice. It's their body. He decided to play. He and Mike [Evans] both were on pitch counts. We were trying to manage that as best we could in the first half."

He accused the Buccaneers of mischaracterizing his outburst on the field as a "mental health issue" rather than as a refusal to play due to pain.

Brown on Wednesday said that he underwent an MRI Monday, revealing broken bone fragments, a ligament torn from the bone and cartilage loss. He also said the Bucs tried to send him to a "junior doctor," versus the two he sought in New York City, including Dr. Martin O'Malley at Hospital for Special Surgery, where he had scheduled surgery. He claims the Bucs gave him a "few hours' notice to show up "and "ordered him under penalty of discipline."

Burstyn said he feels the Bucs keep changing their story.

"If Antonio could pivot on his ankle as quickly as the Bucs have backtracked their prior version of events, none of this would have ever happened," Burstyn told ESPN on Thursday afternoon. "They are now on their fourth version of events in as many days."
Posted By: jfanent Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 12:15 AM
Just to add another twist to the story:

"model exposes-antonio-brown-for-sneaking-her-into-team-hotel-night-before-storming-off-football-field-provides-texts-pics"

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022...VUGty6bDdb2-ywya9N9J-ce429q2PTO7UoV0EL5E
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 12:27 AM
yeah, well, I certainly don't know what's going on. I mean, it's not like AB has a history or anything. Nothing in his past has been his fault.

But I will say, his ankle didn't look hurt when he danced off the field.
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 02:57 PM
jc

well guys, we might have disagreements on QB's

but at least we dont have antonio brown problems on this board. this dude makes josh gordon look like a saint.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 03:08 PM
Are we 100% sure it's AB that's in the wrong here?
Posted By: Swish Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Are we 100% sure it's AB that's in the wrong here?

this is the 3rd team he's became toxic on. it might not be 100%, but he's lost the benefit of doubt.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 03:17 PM
That's fair. I'm still going to withhold judgement until we hear more on his side of the story. He put quite a few details into his little rant thing on Twitter (posted above).
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 05:57 PM
this is the 3rd team he's became toxic on. it might not be 100%, but he's lost the benefit of doubt.

Pittsburgh
New England
Raiders
Bucs

4 teams that he was toxic with.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 06:41 PM
Just watch the video, his antics leaving the field do not match the lawyered statement.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Antonio Brown Released - 01/07/22 07:48 PM
"Does anybody really know what time it is. Does anybody really care"
© DawgTalkers.net