DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:43 PM
The NFL notified Odell Beckham Jr. he is prohibited from wearing a watch while playing in games -- but it does not appear the league's warning is resonating with the Cleveland Browns newcomer.
Beckham said Tuesday he plans on wearing the flashy timepiece again and said he believes if it was any other player -- or if the item would have been $20 instead of costing a six-figure fortune -- it would not have been an issue, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

Fox News
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:44 PM
There's this thing known as picking your battles ......

This isn't one to pick. It's nonsense.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:45 PM
Agree
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:48 PM
As long as it doesn't affect his play or his game day availability, let him squabble with the league all he wants over this.

It's not my money paying his fines, so I do not care, at all.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:48 PM
Agree
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:53 PM
Yeah, with everything going on with this team right now, some diva distraction is all we need.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:55 PM
Diva is my point. Not what we need
Posted By: Dave Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:57 PM
It doesn't exactly rise to the level of wearing a headband that says "Rozelle".
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:59 PM
Meh, it's his money. If we win this week, I won't care either way.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 07:59 PM
Or having one's barber carve "Trade Me" into his high-top fade *coughRodmancough*
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
It doesn't exactly rise to the level of wearing a headband that says "Rozelle".

Lol... I remember that well. Headbands aren’t banned last time I checked...I’m sure certain messages would be
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:05 PM
Priorities, OBJ. Priorities.
Posted By: Dave Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:07 PM
Or putting "He Hate Me" on the back of your jersey instead of your name because you think your coach - uh - hate you.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:08 PM
I don't understand why Odell can't just say "ok, didn't know it wasn't allowed, I'll take it off in games". What's the big deal?

Geesh.
Posted By: Swish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:09 PM
this is pretty tame compared to what we've seen around the league for years.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:11 PM
Please don’t start being a distraction going into the second game of the season
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I don't understand why Odell can't just say "ok, didn't know it wasn't allowed, I'll take it off in games". What's the big deal?

Geesh.

This
Posted By: Dave Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:15 PM
Or the magnum opus of uniform protests ...

Steve Everitt, we salute you.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 08:25 PM
Perhaps he wants to play for the Pats lol. This is his starting point...He and AB had it planned all along. naughtydevil
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:01 PM
I could careless about the watch.

I'm not a fan of the comment about it being "if it was any other player"... that sounds too daggone close to Freddie's "as long as they enforce it with everyone" comment.

The problem I see with both comments is that it artificially creates a victim narrative. Who the hell else is wearing a watch during the game across the league?
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:07 PM
I agree with Odell. If it was a cheap watch I don't think it becomes anything but a joke to most people.

I think it's stupid that he wears it. That is just a look at me move.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:12 PM
I dont think he should wear it out of common sense. It could scratch or cut somebody. Or himself. Or it could get trashed. Does he have so much money that he doesnt need to take care of his nice things?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:12 PM
Forgetting about the cost, WTF is the point of wearing a watch? I mean really, do you have somewhere more important to be?

I noticed U of Tennessee's QB wearing a watch on Saturday and thought how stupid it was, and here we are.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Does he have so much money that he doesnt need to take care of his nice things?

Yes.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:22 PM
I’m all about business, the team, the task ahead, etc ... I hate when people distract the team or make it about themselves.

Having said that, THIS is nothing IMO. Who cares? OBJ has been a good teammate and a hard worker since training camp, so I don’t bite the media’s bait with this one.
Posted By: MemphisHoundDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 09:31 PM
I don’t care what dude wears. The issue is it’s a prohibited item. Why make waves over something so stupid
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 10:06 PM
Wear it to warmup and take it off. This junk isn't what we need.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 10:38 PM
I have to wonder if it an injury concern. Fall the wrong way, it might cause unnecessary damage.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 10:58 PM
j/c:

Hmmmmm..........if it were another player, I would be reading "he isn't a cookie-cutter" blank or "he speaks his mind and doesn't care if you like it or not," or "the league is out to get him," or "he was asked a question." LOL

With that said, he should just take it off and follow the rules so as to not cause any sort of distraction.
Posted By: s003apr Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 11:01 PM
Couldn't make it one game without being a distraction. I hope he wears it next week and Freddie has what it takes to bench him and send the team a message that no one person is more important than the team.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/10/19 11:47 PM
JC

If Baker acted this way, we as fans would react the exact same way. Some people live and die by some fairy-tale vendetta, and then in the strangest twist of irony, talk about "fantasy island".
Absolutely mind numbing! rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 12:21 AM

Geesh.

All about differentiating himself and continuing to build his brand. Keeps his name in the headlines.

For better or worse it's about your brand. He's making/worth so much any fines are irrelevant.

Off topic slightly, the new CBA is going to be very inserting when that time rolls around. I see the NFL going the way of the NBA. The superstars are going to hold all the cards.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 12:34 AM
You think the Giants miss him? I don't......

He's our head case now tongue
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 12:43 AM
So.......if you polled the players on what was a bigger distraction.............OBJ saying he is going to wear a watch during a game or Baker throwing Duke Johnson under the bus in a press conference?

Uhmmmmmmm.......I know how that vote would go. And it would be very different from what is happening on this board.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:55 AM
Please, if it would make the oline block better, I would damn near buy them watches!!!.. If OBJ gives you 7+ catches... wear whatever and deal with the NFL on his time/money!....NEXT!!!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:02 AM
This bothers me, though.

Why are receivers such bleeping divas?

Brand? Don't care.

Take off the watch, man. It's not important.
Posted By: Baker_Dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:17 AM
Man Versatile Dog you can manufacture some Baker hate out of any unrelated story. So sorry you have to deal with the evil Baker as your QB
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 09:49 AM
Manufacture? I can post evidence that Baker called Duke Johnson out in public. And that had more of an impact on his teammates than OBJ wearing a damn watch. LOL
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 10:14 AM
Baker never called out Duke in a press conference.
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:41 AM
I don't really care about the watch, but this is a PRIME example of the coach not having control of his players.

Look no farther than Bellichik. No way Beckham wears this watch as a Patriot because if he does, he won't play period. Bellichik benched his top corner in the Super Bowl for not towing the line, its his way or no way.

This is where Kitchens needs to step in and tell Beckham, if you bring that watch into this lockeroom on gameday, your not playing period. Beckham is a guy that craves attention. He MUST be on the field playing and getting the ball and getting all the attention, and not getting such attnetion will kill him because he is an egomaniac.

If Kitchens had a backbone, he would tell Beckham if he wears that watch im taking that away. Respect is not given, its earned. Beckham may not like it, but he will respect Kitchens for having a backbone. This is a prime chance for Kitchens to exert his will and control over this roster. the rest of the lockeroom will take notice and fall in line.

These players crave STRUCTURE and ORDER. they won't respect anyone who doesn't give them that. This is why everyone toes the line in New England. they know, if they don't get with the program they are on the bench or gone.

Beckham may complain initially, but once we start winning he will shut up and toe the line...as long as we allow him to do WTH he wants from wearing a watch thats against the rules to whatever, that sends a message to the rest of the lockeroom that our coach just don't care and guys can do whatever they want. I am not talking about being a Napoleon, but you can't be too lax either..there is a happy medium. I think requiring all your players to play and behave within the rules set by the NFL league office is not asking too much of your lockeroom.

If there are guys in that lockeroom that think that, then we should be waiving those guys because they are not with the program and hurting what the Browns are trying to build here. either your on board, will follow the rules, be a good teammate, and do whats required of you, or step aside and we will draft/find people who will.

We don't need a roster full of Superstars to win. Most people can't even name anyone outside of Tom Brady or Bellichik with the Pats, yet they keep on winning.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
So.......if you polled the players on what was a bigger distraction.............OBJ saying he is going to wear a watch during a game or Baker throwing Duke Johnson under the bus in a press conference?

Uhmmmmmmm.......I know how that vote would go. And it would be very different from what is happening on this board.

One's a violation of NFL policy - dude has been fined - dude has stated he's going to continue to violate policy and poke the NFL in the eye (and throw money down the drain).

The other incident (as discussed ad nauseam) was something that was said organically in an interview - most people agreed they preferred he didn't comment on other players business & hoped he learnt his lesson -- but any player I saw comment on the issue said it was a non-story that the media was hyping up.

I don't think you can compare the two issues in any way shape or form. Hopefully as of today - both stories are non-issues and neither is a distraction to the team .... however, if OBJ continues to defy the NFL and poke it, it will without doubt become an issue. Wearing a watch makes no sense in a physical sport like football - wearing a $200K+ watch is just f'ing stupidity on a grand scale.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 12:32 PM
j/c:

Browns star Odell Beckham Jr. plans to continue wearing $200,000 watch in games despite NFL rule prohibiting 'hard objects' as the All-Pro insists 'if anybody else wore that, or if it cost $20, it wouldn't have been a problem'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...atch-games.html
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 12:46 PM
Let's be honest here...what matters most is getting to the bottom of the what this watch actually costs...I've read $350k, $250k, $200k, and $190k.

Can we get an accurate number?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:04 PM
Let's be honest here...what matters most is getting to the bottom of the what this watch actually costs...I've read $350k, $250k, $200k, and $190k.

Can we get an accurate number?

Retail: $191,500 for the RM 11-03.

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com...ews-introducing

Even more outrageous... Rafa was wearing his Richard Mille RM 27-03 when he won the U.S. Open and that retails for $769,000!

I think OBJ is hoping to become a brand partner with Richard Mille...

According to a representative from Richard Mille, the Swiss luxury watch brand that was founded in 2001, Beckham was wearing the Richard Mille RM 11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph McLaren limited edition watch, which he purchased for $189,500—many outlets are inflating the price as $350,000. The watch debuted earlier this year at the Geneva International Motor Show in Switzerland and only 500 pieces were made.

“Since the brand began, Mr. Mille only forms partnerships with athletes who commit to wearing a Richard Mille watch while they perform their sport,” says Laura Hughes, director of communications at Richard Mille, Americas. “They provide the ultimate proving ground for the highly complicated timepieces that are created to be ultra comfortable and precise timekeepers in extremely challenging physical conditions.”

Unlike Rafael Nadal, who won the 2019 U.S. Open this past weekend wearing the Richard Mille RM 27-03 Tourbillon Rafael Nadal limited edition watch—it retails for $769,000—or golf player Bubba Watson, who also wears a Richard Mille watch while playing, Beckham is not an official brand partner.

https://www.complex.com/style/2019/09/odell-beckham-jr-richard-mille
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:04 PM
Apparently it sold for the low tag when manufactured. There were only 30 made so the estimated value, based on other secondary sales, is about 350 now.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:23 PM
J/c

I’ve heard conflicting info about it being legal or not legal (is it considered jewelry? If not, what’s the line with it? Etc)

Of course this is about garnering attention and looking good, but I dont’ know the exact legality of it w/the NFL
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:30 PM
Does Beckham fear an NFL fine for violating said rule?

“For what?” he said. “You have to look into the rule book. It says you can’t wear any hard objects. The watch is plastic. People have knee braces on that are hard and made out of metal, you don’t see them taking them off. No jewelry. Everyone else has jewelry on.”
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:45 PM
I thought he had already been fined by the NFL? I must have misinterpreted that or mis-read it? ...
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 01:46 PM
Ezekiel's wearing his stupid nose rings under his helmet. All kinds of players have their gold necklaces on. Earrings abound. Let the man keep time! At least it's practical.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Does Beckham fear an NFL fine for violating said rule?

“For what?” he said. “You have to look into the rule book. It says you can’t wear any hard objects. The watch is plastic. People have knee braces on that are hard and made out of metal, you don’t see them taking them off. No jewelry. Everyone else has jewelry on.”

He's got a point. If it's plastic, leave it alone NFL (they won't because they're the "NFL").

I don't like playing the "I told you so" card, but when we traded for him, I was against it (and not because of what we gave up, simply because I don't like OBJ). After his attack on Josh Norman, I thought he should have been tossed from the league. Most Browns fans were excited and printing Super Bowl tickets, but I knew all along, he was going to be a distraction (small or big is still pending). And I'm not piling on here, just saying, it's probably going to get worse if we don't start winning. I hope I'm wrong and I have to eat a huge "OBJ was great for the Browns" sandwich. Me, I just don't see it right now.

I'm hoping Vernon can play better, because he looked lifeless. And we better hope the O-line solidifies. A star WR means nothing if you can't protect the QB or get the other QB down.

With all that being said, I agree with him this should be a nothing story. It's plastic and jewelry, so what.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:47 PM
Bro, I don't see how wanting to wear a watch is a distraction for the team. Come on, man. LOL

I think he should just comply w/the NFL's decision, but this isn't a distraction for a team. It's a freaking plastic watch. He didn't assault anyone. He isn't bad-mouthing teammates. He isn't calling out players and coaches on other teams. He wants to wear a plastic watch.

Oh, the horror! grin
Posted By: Riley01 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:50 PM
And it matched our uniforms ,and you are right whats the BFD
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:56 PM
Bro, I don't see how wanting to wear a watch is a distraction for the team. Come on, man. LOL

I think he should just comply w/the NFL's decision, but this isn't a distraction for a team. It's a freaking plastic watch. He didn't assault anyone. He isn't bad-mouthing teammates. He isn't calling out players and coaches on other teams. He wants to wear a plastic watch.

Oh, the horror! grin

I think stuff like this...stuff like Baker's comments about Duke...they're small in isolation but in aggregate I think it just starts to fatigue a team, especially one that isn't performing well. The players get asked about it, the coaches get asked about it...it's draining. Then if the team is losing it gets amplified, the players aren't having any fun and guys start checking out.

Just do the right thing. Make it about football. Put the team before yourself. The NFL said "no". Just honor it and move on.
Posted By: Swish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:57 PM
still less plastic than the kardashians so we're all good
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:58 PM
I agree w/you.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 02:58 PM
LOL bro.

rofl
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:02 PM

Oh, the horror! grin

It's all good man.

I'm not saying he's currently a distraction to the team, but the media is pushing that narrative. If they push that enough, he becomes a distraction simply because they want to know what each player feels about his watch and what the watch "controvery" is doing to the teams spirits EVERY DAY, which ends up annoying everyone. It seems like most, even non-sports shows and web sites, have been talking about his watch, his unwillingness to take it off and how he's becoming a distraction. So it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The media wants it to become a distraction, so they make it one.

I agree, it's nothing. Wear it, don't wear it, I don't care. The NFL shouldn't care either, especially if it's plastic. Who's fault is it? All three (OBJ for pushing it, the media for covering it too hard and the NFL for being uniform nazi's).

My "I told you so" comment, was more of a warning for the future. Regardless of the subject, he has a "NFL versus OBJ" complex. He went out of his way to comment about the NFL picking on him specifically, not just a simple response about it being plastic and he should be allowed to wear it. They pick on EVERYONE for the smallest sock infraction. He's not special in this regard, but he thinks he is.

Maybe he needs this kind of attention or annoyance to get up for the games. Like it angers him, gives him a chip on his shoulder, I don't know.

All I know, I don't like him. Again, just stuff he did in the past, pre-Browns.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:08 PM
It's cool, bro.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:20 PM
My worry is how this translates Monday. Maybe someone has the answer. I feel like the league is always "setting precedent" as it sees fit. Is there anything they can do besides another fine after the fact? I mean, could he be penalized or ejected for not "abiding". I'm sure the answer is no... until it's yes and we're all picking our jaws off the ground Monday lol.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:25 PM
I want to add something. While I have been defending OBJ on this thread, I admit I rolled my eyes when I heard he was going to wear the damn watch. He also said "it's always something" or something similar to that in regards to the NFL. I was thinking ........ just take off the damn watch.

However, if the watch is indeed plastic, I don't see why he should have to remove it. Players wear necklaces. Those are way more dangerous than a plastic watch. Plastic is not a hard object. I thought it would be stupid to wear a metal and glass watch because it could shatter and the glass/metal could cut someone.

But, a plastic watch? Big deal. Maybe he is right for telling the NFL to shove it?

Personally, I would take it off...........but, I get the fact that it is plastic changes things.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:49 PM
He paid how much for a plastic watch?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 03:53 PM
Well at least he isn't making a commercial. wink
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

He is, just not getting paid for it. I read something yesterday that the company had received over $5 million in free exposure. That number will reach the stratosphere if he wears it Sunday. I wonder if he own stock. rofl
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
He paid how much for a plastic watch?
That's what I was thinking! He should be fined and suspended just for that!

All kidding aside, it does seem like the NFL is trying to pick him on with this, and at first I thought he was an idiot. But knee braces, necklaces, earrings, nose rings, etc. all are just as dangerous if not more seeing its plastic - and not a word about it.

I def get Freddie's comment now too about being for everyone.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 05:08 PM
Just put it on a gold chain and wear it as a necklace, if you score a touchdown get it out and let it hang til the next series. Problem solved.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 09:52 PM
Odell stop being an oversized egotistical ass.

If you don't like what I say tell me to my face. Worry about football not all your own ego driven crap.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:11 PM

HaHa..............but Pit, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about when I brought up the focus thing in the Freddie thread. You disagreed w/me and that is fine, but bro, this team has had a ton of distractions. Plus, I found out today that OBJ is acting on the show called "Ballers."

Too much outside garbage going on when you consider this team hasn't won jack-squat yet. We haven't had a winning record since when? And we are the Kings of the media. Boo!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:17 PM
J/c

Dorsey and everyone knew exactly what we were getting with OBJ. To me, his behavior and personality aren’t necessarily egregious and distractive, but they’re just always “there” ... there’s always going to be stuff Ike this when he’s around.

Now, if we win? Cool beans ... but if we lose like Sunday? Not gonna fly very long.

It reminds me of a coach K quote about Christian Laettner: his personality was so fiery and different that he was either going to keep your house warm or burn it down ... and its a very fine line
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:24 PM
I need to ask this again. How is what OBJ is doing worse than what Baker has done? OBJ is getting trashed and Baker is being defended.

I call "foul."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:28 PM
I haven’t trashed OBJ one bit ... he is what he is and we knew this coming into the season.

I actually trashed Baker for his poor play and slow reads last Sunday way more than I blamed any of the play makers we have.

I need to ask this again. How is what OBJ is doing worse than what Baker has done? OBJ is getting trashed and Baker is being defended.

I call "foul."
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:30 PM
Sorry Dawg................it was a general statement and not directed towards you. I just responded to the "we knew what we were getting" comment and was thinking of the general reactions towards both players from other posters and people in many other settings.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:35 PM

I call "foul."

This is two years shy of being up to date. C'mon man!

June 2014: Just weeks after being drafted Beckham was forced to address a fake fiancée/girlfriend making her way around the internet.

Beckham had to get NFL security involved after an individual claiming to be his fiancee was spreading salacious rumors and then did an interview with Radar.com. Beckham originally thought it was all a joke, but eventually decided to get it handled before it became a real problem.

October 2014: He unveils his dance moves by introducing the Whip to the nation after his first career touchdown catch in his first career game.

A hamstring injury delayed Beckham's debut as a rookie, but when he finally got on the field in Week 5 he caught the game-winning touchdown. That's when the dance party began. At the time the Whip and the Nae Nae weren't mainstream, until Beckham made it his go-to dance.

Odell Beckham Jr. was suspended for his actions against Josh Norman back in 2015. Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
December 2015: He gets into it with then-Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman for three quarters and is suspended for his actions.

This was when everything went off the rails. After a pregame incident involving a Panthers practice squad player and a baseball bat, Beckham and Norman were out of control for most of the first three quarters. The shenanigans culminated with Beckham using his body as a human missile to Norman's head at the end of a play.

January–March 2016: Beckham and Norman tweet and subtweet insults back and forth.

The feud between the two didn't just go away. It extended to the Super Bowl and through the offseason. Beckham even said at one point that Norman should thank him for all he did for his career. Not long after, Norman was cut by the Panthers and signed with the Washington Redskins.

September 2016: Beckham throws a sideline tantrum, then kicks the kicking net during a loss to the Redskins.

Upset with how the game was unfolding against Norman and the Redskins, Beckham lost his cool on the sideline. At one point he slammed his helmet into the kicking net and it snapped back and nailed him in the face. It was the start of a special relationship between Beckham and the net.

October 2016: He gets into it with Minnesota’s Xavier Rhodes, gets called for taunting and bumps into the official during another in-game meltdown.

Rhodes seemed to get in Beckham's head and shut down the star receiver during a Week 4 matchup. After Beckham felt Rhodes hit him out of bounds on one play he got in the cornerback's face and bumped an official. Beckham received a 15-yard penalty and later a fine.

October 2016: Beckham proposes to the kicking net after scoring a touchdown and finishing with 222 receiving yards in a win over the Ravens.

Several weeks later Beckham had the most productive game of his career, which included a 75-yard touchdown which helped the Giants complete a come-from-behind victory. He went to the sideline and put on a show where he proposed to the kicking net. He later said she accepted.

December 2016: Upset about a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, he bangs his head against the wall in anger.

Beckham was outside the visitors locker room grunting and banging his head against a metal door following a disappointing loss at Lincoln Financial Field. This occurred in front of several Giants staffers and the media. Beckham was eventually escorted inside the locker room by team security.

January 2017: Six days before a playoff game, he’s among a group of Giants receivers who take a private jet to Miami and party on South Beach with pop star Justin Bieber before ending the trip on a boat with singer Trey Songz.

The infamous boat trip where Beckham, Victor Cruz, Sterling Shepard and Roger Lewis were photographed (most of them shirtless in jean) after a night out on South Beach. They left immediately after returning from Washington where they won the regular season. It became a top headline after the photograph began to surface the following morning.

January 2017: Beckham drops several passes, including a touchdown, in a playoff loss to the Packers and then punches a hole in the Lambeau Field wall after his first career postseason game.

This may have been the worst performance of Beckham's professional career. After a week of hearing about the boat trip he had four catches for 28 yards with three dropped passes. Afterward Beckham could be heard grunting and yelling in the bowels of Lambeau Field. When he walked away there was a hole in the wall. The following day the Giants said they would hold Beckham accountable if they found out he was responsible for the damage. Nothing ever came of it.

September 2017: He scores a touchdown against the Eagles and pretends to be a dog and simulates peeing in the end zone.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/11/19 11:44 PM
Thanks for supporting my position. LOL......

I know you don't think you did, but yeah, you did.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 12:14 AM
Dude. Your position is to turn every NFL factoid into a Baker Mayfield hatefest... I made your point? Lmao! Let's try this in an elementary flowchart type fashion.

OBJ has been labeled as a headcase for years (see my post above).
He's now on our team.
Since joining our team he has:
* Not attended voluntary workouts
* Said weird things like "being sent to the browns to die"
* Not practiced much with the team
* Had another strange inexplicable injury
* And now, is fighting the NFL over wearing a 350k watch on the field.

Yet, according to your infinite wisdom, if any fan voices any negative opinion about any of the above -- it means that we must be oblivious to anything unsavory Baker Mayfield has done since birth.

You call foul!

You call foul every time anybody criticizes any player for anything without criticizing Baker first. We can literally set our watches to it,, get it -- set our watches to it? I gotta be honest dude, it is one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 12:18 AM
Quote:
Let's try this

Let's not.

We have different opinions. You feel the need to trash my opinions, but I am not going to reciprocate. You feel the way you do and I believe what I believe.

I can leave it at that. And I will.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 12:57 AM

Opinion?
I call "foul."

Someone answers your question...

First - Sarcastic "I'm smarter than you" response.

Followed by - you didn't agree with me = you're trashing my opinion.

Gotcha. thumbsup

We'll "talk football" again tomorrow bud. Have a good night.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 02:30 AM
Anyone else catch OBJ's cameo on a recent episode of Ballers on HBO?

Great appearance!

(scroll down on linked page for video)

OBJ on HBO's Ballers
Posted By: jaybird Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 03:07 AM
It's a friggin watch... while I wouldn't personally wear a watch (especially that exoensive) while plsying... its a wfriggin watch... get over it NFL..... this seems ridiculous.....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 03:17 PM
I actually watch the show Ballers on HBO, so I knew OBJ was on it. wink

But see, I don't view these things the same. Once again, these shows were taped quite a while ago. I don't really see what these players do on their down time as a distraction.

Now the watch thing? That's being done during the season. So if anything, I would find this more of a distraction than things being done during the off season. I'm not sure how a show that was taped in February or March, or commercials done during that same time frame have to do with distractions during training camp, preseason and the regular season.

Now people can debate whether it's the NFL or OBJ that's being petty here. And I can actually see the points being made by both sides. But in life I've learned that picking your battles is an important thing to do. Not everything is worth a knock down drag out fight.

In this case this certainly isn't a fight OBJ has to wage and the team certainly doesn't need the distraction.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 03:30 PM
Pit, like I said earlier............I listened to former NFL players speaking on the topic before I ever brought it up. The Browns did not play w/focus last week. What's worse, they actually quit w/9 minutes or so left in the game. They are young and their interests all over the place.

I am not saying it is written in stone. I think they could erase all doubt by playing w/focus and playing well the rest of the year. And I am not even talking about wins.

I have no problem w/you disagreeing that I think it's a possibility this team's focus has been a bit off, but I'm going to keep a close watch on it.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Forgetting about the cost, WTF is the point of wearing a watch? I mean really, do you have somewhere more important to be?

Sadly, I'm thinking it's still the....."All About Odell Show".

Not a soul can convince me that it's not a distraction whatsoever from the "100% focus" needed in Berea.

Dunno
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 03:52 PM
I'm going to keep a close watch on it.

I see what you did there. smile
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 04:06 PM

I noticed U of Tennessee's QB wearing a watch on Saturday and thought how stupid it was, and here we are.

I was thinking that perhaps Odell has a contract with that manufacturer to be seen wearing it -- all publicity is good publicity.

I mean, before this, who the heck ever even heard of this company??
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 04:51 PM
They have “agreements” with many pro athletes ... not sure what agreements actually means in this case ... a free watch ... getting paid for endorsing or some combo .. no clue ...

The deal is they wear them when their playing their sport .. they have to wear them when their actually playing ....

many watch companies are involved with golfers ... thats how i know what i do know about this witch is limited but more than most on here appear to know ...
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I was thinking that perhaps Odell has a contract with that manufacturer to be seen wearing it -- all publicity is good publicity.

I thought the same thing, but we may never know for sure if he did so and signed a confidentiality clause contract.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 05:43 PM
I meant tennis players not golfers ...
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 06:54 PM

From what I read, he does not have a contract with them. Maybe he is hoping to get one. Rafael Nadal does have a contract with them, he had on a $750k Richard Mille in the French Open.

I've heard of them, but I also love high-end watches. Can't afford ones like this, but there is something about mechanical watches and how they can get them to be so accurate with so many complications that intrigues me.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 07:11 PM

Odell calling out GW is not the right thing to do no matter what he was told by others.

Sometimes you just need to keep your mouth closed and play.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 09:35 PM
The drama already has me losing interest in this team. They really need to play football and play it well and just shut up to reenergize me...
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 09:38 PM
j/c:

Odell Beckham says Jets’ Gregg Williams coaches ‘cheap shots’ and 2017 ankle injury vs. Browns ‘changed my life'

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/09...rowns-here.html

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Odell Beckham Jr. said Thursday that Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Willams coaches "cheap shots and dirty plays'' and that he was responsible for causing the ankle injury that "changed my life forever.''

Beckham believes all of his subsequent leg injuries can be traded back to the preseason game here with the Giants in 2017 when former Browns cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun dove at his lower leg and drilled him, causing a high ankle sprain.

"That says enough about it. It’s preseason,'' Beckham said Thursday during his podium interview. "It’s like a known rule, in preseason nobody in the NFL is really out to do stuff like that. I had players on this team telling me that that’s what he was telling them to do, take me out of the game, and it’s preseason. So you just know who he is. That’s the man calling the plays.''

Beckham sat out the Giants opener that year and then returned in Week 2 against Detroit before he was healthy, and ultimately broke the same ankle in Week 4. He underwent surgery and missed the final 12 games of 2017.

“The only thing I’m buying (for the Monday night game against the Jets) is you know probably just got to watch out for the cheap shots and the dirty hits and all the things that [Williams] likes to teach,'' Beckham said. "That’s pretty much all we’ve got to watch out for. Other than that, I expect the same. Two-high safety. I don’t expect much man-to-man. I don’t expect none of that.”

* Was OBJ’s 2017 injury a result of a Gregg Williams-inspired cheap shot? (Video/poll)

Williams, who will address the New York media on Friday, was suspended for all of 2012 for his involvement in Bounty Gate, a pay-to-injure scheme when he was with the Saints.

"Yeah, I mean, I had people who were here when he was here telling us, ‘If you get a chance, take a shot at him. If you can, hurt him. I guarantee he’s going to leave the game hurt.’ And stuff like that. It’s fine. It’s football, in a sense,'' said Beckham. "We’re all men out there, so there’s no need for doing any of that kind of stuff. Just make the plays the best that you can, clean.''

He has no doubt that the broken ankle -- and his torn quad muscle that cost him the final four games of last season -- are the result of that initial Boddy-Calhoun hit.

"That’s exactly what it did,'' he said. "I came back too early (from the high ankle sprain) for my team. I gave them all I had even though I know that I was still three weeks out. I came back probably three weeks too early just because they lost the first game of the season [that] year and I felt that pressure to be able to come out there and do what I can to help the team.''

He said "if God wouldn’t have blessed me the way that I am, I probably would’ve blown my knee in that preseason game if I couldn’t have gotten my foot out of the ground, and that high ankle sprain led to the broken ankle on the left and then which led to compensation in many different areas and just kind of like a little spiral, so it’s something that I’ll never forget.

"It’s something that it changed my life forever, so I don’t necessarily regret it. Of course, I wish it didn’t happen but it did, so yeah, that led to the ankle for sure.''

Beckham, who sat out all of preseason this year with a hip injury that still has him somewhat perplexed, believes the quad injury and everything else resulted from the initial sprain.

"My doctor told me that something like that was going to happen and I ended up catching a nasty hematoma last year,'' he said. "Banged up, and I just tried to play through it. It was like the Thursday before the fourth to last game of the [season]. I was running an out and up. I stuck on the up and my quad just tore and it was torn the entire back end of the season.

"I wish I could’ve gone out there and finished the season but I couldn’t. I just did my best to be a team player, see if I could travel with the team. None of that was happening, so I just tried to be there for those guys however I can. That’s just the person I am.''

Beckham said he’s not worried about Williams trying to bait him.

"If I was a coach, I would never teach what he teaches, but that’s just him and what he does,'' he said. "So there’s no really getting under my skin anymore. It never was the case. There’s a lot of extra stuff that went on that people don’t know about that I was more frustrated with than anything.

"For me, I’m going to play my game. I’m going to produce when the ball comes to me. I’m going to make plays, whatever plays I can possibly make. Pick up blocks wherever I can. As far as getting under our skin, I don’t think anybody’s getting under your skin. ... Maybe an unsportsmanlike conduct play, that can be determined as maybe somebody got to you and you did something that you shouldn’t have done.”

He said his experience with Williams was pretty much limited to "people taking shots like that in preseason. Other than that, I don’t know when I played him, but I’ve seen his defense for plenty of years. It’s a very good defense. Aside from all the other stuff he teaches, it’s very good. It’s disruptive, and he makes it hard for offenses.”

Beckham laments the fact that defenders are diving at knees in general.

"I’d much rather be hit up top as a man to another man than somebody diving at your legs and your ankles and stuff like that,'' he said. "That’s just kind of what the rules are changing for, so it makes it hard on defenses, they think about that in the middle of a play -- ‘I don’t want to take a fine, I don’t want to get kicked out of the game,' whatever it is -- and I’m sure it slows them down a bit.

"So the only other option is to go low, and it’s just going to lead to more leg injuries.'’
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 10:59 PM
I wish Baker and OBJ would shut the hell up about other people and concentrate on making their own games better. It's always something w/these guys.
Posted By: Knight Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 11:30 PM
I questioned this trade in another thread now I'm really having concerns. This is the AFC north, spawning bed of players like James Harrison, Vontaze Burfict, Terrell Suggs and many more. Whining about getting hit hard ain't gonna make here. I'll take Zeitler and a first round pick back, thanks.
Posted By: Knight Re: Here we go Odell - 09/12/19 11:35 PM
And yea, our guyd need to shut the hell up and play football. Games aren't won with talk.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 01:59 AM
Freddie should now have an even more interesting conversation with Gregg Wiliams come Monday night now. lol.
Posted By: hitt Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:09 AM
Ditto, guess we are getting our first taste of WHY Giants unloaded him.....he's headed for AB territory, hope to God I'm wrong, but big money changes people.....they are somebody and want to be treated like they're better than most....GOOD Luck, Browns.....we'll need it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 03:21 AM

It's all about brand building and OBJ wants to be a part of this brand... (from my previous post)

According to a representative from Richard Mille, the Swiss luxury watch brand that was founded in 2001, Beckham was wearing the Richard Mille RM 11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph McLaren limited edition watch, which he purchased for $189,500—many outlets are inflating the price as $350,000. The watch debuted earlier this year at the Geneva International Motor Show in Switzerland and only 500 pieces were made.

“Since the brand began, Mr. Mille only forms partnerships with athletes who commit to wearing a Richard Mille watch while they perform their sport,” says Laura Hughes, director of communications at Richard Mille, Americas. “They provide the ultimate proving ground for the highly complicated timepieces that are created to be ultra comfortable and precise timekeepers in extremely challenging physical conditions.”

Unlike Rafael Nadal, who won the 2019 U.S. Open this past weekend wearing the Richard Mille RM 27-03 Tourbillon Rafael Nadal limited edition watch—it retails for $769,000—or golf player Bubba Watson, who also wears a Richard Mille watch while playing, Beckham is not an official brand partner.

https://www.complex.com/style/2019/09/odell-beckham-jr-richard-mille
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:32 PM
and there we have it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

Odell Beckham says Jets’ Gregg Williams coaches ‘cheap shots’'

We all know this already. It is common knowledge, though we pretended it wasn't an issue when he was our coach.

Saints BountyGate, anyone?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:43 PM
I seriously doubt he's doing it anymore. Guy got caught, paid a steep price, and got a second chance.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:46 PM
I love the way Gwilliams coaches...bountygate aside, he's the ultimate motivator..his players would run through walls for him..on the flip side, i don't see that trait from FK yet. Odell needs to shut up...wasn't anything dirty on that hit. That was the same year they were putting emphasis on leading with helmet and making players hit people low to not draw a penalty. The NFL caused that hit, not Gwilliams
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 02:48 PM
I think players are always going to test what they can get away with, especially early in a coach’s career. As DItka said, “You get what you tolerate.”

Sadly, we can see what FK got week 1
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 03:56 PM
I don't think you change a guy like Williams. I think he just learns new ways to fly that under the radar.
Posted By: FATE Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:09 PM

Pretty much textbook by BBC, in my opinion. Especially when you get flagged for anything above the chest or any hard hit seems to make the receiver "defenseless". He was clearly undercutting while OBJ was still in the air, it's not like he was trying to time anything so that a leg would be planted first.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:17 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that play .. I never thought it was really dirty, but unfortunate (and I know it was preseason so that makes it even more unfortunate)
Posted By: bonefish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:18 PM

Given Odell the benefit of the doubt has ended for me.

It is obvious he craves the spotlight. I don't know him. Don't know any of the players and I refrain from trying to judge them as people. I don't believe you can judge a person until you have have had direct contact over a long period of time. People are complex.

At the same time there is no need to open your mouth every time there is a mic in front of you. Be a professional. Understand everything you say is public domain.

I don't care what he thinks of GW. Keep it to yourself. Play ball. Not interested in what you think. Play ball. You are being paid to play football. You are not here to set fashion trends and voice your opinion on others.

Shut up and score touchdowns.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:21 PM
I tend to agree w/you in that he should be less vocal and less present. I prefer a guy like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson to a guy like OBJ or AB. (And yes, AB is WAY more unprofessionally than OBJ).

In the end, if OBJ ends up with 1,500 yards and 12 TDS and we WIN .. nobody cares what he says.

It’s weeks like this week where it gets old
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Oh yeah I forgot about that play .. I never thought it was really dirty, but unfortunate (and I know it was preseason so that makes it even more unfortunate)

That play is why we released (or decided not to re-sign, i forget which) BBC the day before they announced the OBJ trade. I was shocked when we moved on from BBC out of the blue. The next day it made sense.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:56 PM
Things I would do differently if I were Dorsey --

Resign Fells.
Do not make any trades with the Giants.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 04:58 PM
Except BBC is not currently in the NFL now. Could just be the team didn't think he was good enough. And now it appears the NFL is saying the same thing.

I liked him as a player. I thought he was good with some upside. I can't believe he's not with a team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 05:28 PM
J/c

Re-signing Fells would be a wish of mine too
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Given Odell the benefit of the doubt has ended for me.

It is obvious he craves the spotlight. I don't know him. Don't know any of the players and I refrain from trying to judge them as people. I don't believe you can judge a person until you have have had direct contact over a long period of time. People are complex.

At the same time there is no need to open your mouth every time there is a mic in front of you. Be a professional. Understand everything you say is public domain.

I don't care what he thinks of GW. Keep it to yourself. Play ball. Not interested in what you think. Play ball. You are being paid to play football. You are not here to set fashion trends and voice your opinion on others.

Shut up and score touchdowns.

Yet, you have not once criticized Baker for saying things that were more controversial.

There are double standards at play from most folks around here.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 06:34 PM
J/c

I think that Texans might object to that.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 07:00 PM
Except BBC is not currently in the NFL now. Could just be the team didn't think he was good enough. And now it appears the NFL is saying the same thing.

I liked him as a player. I thought he was good with some upside. I can't believe he's not with a team.

The timing was coincidental
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
J/c

I think that Texans might object to that.
brownie
Posted By: bonefish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 08:22 PM

The thread is about Odell. But ok.

Baker was asked about some things and gave an opinion.

I may not agree with all he has done. The Duke thing didn't bother me.

In this case Odell went after GW. I don't see what he said as having the same impact as what Baker said regarding Duke.

Take it anyway you please.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 09:25 PM
Some talking heads are thinking this was a brilliant move. Odell now has the spotlight on Jets DB's...and the referees attention. We shall see.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 09:52 PM

In this case Odell went after GW. I don't see what he said as having the same impact as what Baker said regarding Duke.

I guess you must have forgotten about Baker's comments in regards to hue.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:04 PM

I have, but I'm into watches. Much ado about nothing really. He will wear it, the NFL will fine him and that will be it. I'm much more concerned about the lack of discipline this entire team showed last week and hope that doesn't continue. They better get thier stuff together or this season could turn ugly really fast.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:11 PM

Take it any way you please.

Why did the "Duke thing" bother you? You thought he should have agreed with Duke and said he didn't want to play here either? We paid Duke a pretty substantial contract for the amount of performance he had produced and in exchange, he throws a hissy fit and wants out? Great. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. I thought what Baker said was spot on. You are either a Brown or get the hell out... We don't need him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:31 PM

bone, you know I like and respect you. I quoted you, but my comment was more towards the double standards on this board rather than just your comments. Criticizing a teammate is worse than calling out a coach on another team. And I kept reading from posters that Baker was asked a question. Well, so was OBJ.

Truthfully, I wish both of them would shut their mouths when it comes to talking about other people. Talk about your game. Your teammates [in a positive way.] And shut the hell up about other cats in the league and never, ever dis a teammate.

I've stood up for what's right and defended dudes my entire life when I thought things were unfair. I don't care if that brings negative comments or actions my way. I'm not going to compromise what is right and fair.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:34 PM
He said that it "didn't bother him." Read before you jump down his throat. And Duke did not throw a hissy fit. Baker did. We'll see what happens w/him and y'all when his contract comes up. LOL
Posted By: jfanent Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Take it any way you please.

Why did the "Duke thing" bother you? You thought he should have agreed with Duke and said he didn't want to play here either? We paid Duke a pretty substantial contract for the amount of performance he had produced and in exchange, he throws a hissy fit and wants out? Great. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. I thought what Baker said was spot on. You are either a Brown or get the hell out... We don't need him.

He said the Duke thing didn't bother him. I don't think it was tongue in cheek.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Some talking heads are thinking this was a brilliant move. Odell now has the spotlight on Jets DB's...and the referees attention. We shall see.

I saw a good debate on this today. I thought both sides made valid points.

One side argued that Williams was in OBJ's head and he would have his guys go after OBJ [w/in the rules.] The other side argued that OBJ's words would draw more attention to the hits the DBs put on him and he might get some calls.

I thought both arguments were pretty good.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/13/19 11:57 PM

I don't disagree. I would rather have players shut up and play.

Normally I do not say a thing regarding players on a personal level. Odell's watch. Could care less. Some of his antics from the past. Don't care. He is a Brown now.

The Hue thing and the Duke thing should have been handled differently. But they did not bother me. Baker is about team loyalty. He took offense. I don't condone it but it did not bother me.

Odell went after GW. Maybe he is right. I mean Bounty gate happened and GW was suspended. But now is not the time and place. He was our head coach. He has friends on this team.
The team just laid an egg. Not the time to stir things up like that.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 12:10 AM
We probably don't disagree much about Odell. We do disagree about Baker.

I wish they would both shut the hell up. And Freddie, too.

These freaking guys are putting targets on our backs. And now that the league saw how the Titans got under our skin and caused us to react like a bunch of middle school boys, what do you think the blueprint for the rest of the league will be?

This crap irritates the hell out of me, bro. You were involved in sports. These guys are breaking a lot of golden rules.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 12:17 AM

Right now this team has enough on their collective plates.

Play good football.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 01:36 AM
So here is the thing, all off-season I’ve been propping the natural, symbiotic relationship of one Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Junior.

I just assumed it was all about football. If we are talking about a watch, we have gone astray from that path. I really thought it was all about the jugs machine at LSU, nothing more. I hope I won’t be proved wrong, because these actions speak to a brand, that distracts from this one.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 03:19 AM
Before week 2 we are seeing OBJ be OBJ.

I am suddenly missing Zeitler a lot!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 03:24 AM
Why couldn't Odell wear a really nice, but inexpensive watch like this one?

A Casiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 04:09 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Before week 2 we are seeing OBJ be OBJ.

I am suddenly missing Zeitler a lot!

I missed Zeitler the day we traded him.

Flashy WR don't mean squat without a good QB and OLine to protect him.

I'm not sold we have either of those things.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 04:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Much ado about nothing really. He will wear it, the NFL will fine him and that will be it. I'm much more concerned about the lack of discipline this entire team showed last week and hope that doesn't continue. They better get thier stuff together or this season could turn ugly really fast.

Read what you wrote again.

You're concerned about lack of discipline, yet feel wearing something the league forbids is ok?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 11:19 AM
He said that it "didn't bother him." Read before you jump down his throat. And Duke did not throw a hissy fit. Baker did. We'll see what happens w/him and y'all when his contract comes up. LOL

Baker threw a hissy fit? rofl Man, you just can't let go how wrong you were/are about the guy.

Your definition of right and fair is as skewed as anyone else's.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 12:07 PM
Yes. Baker never threw a hissy fit. He never criticized a teammate. He never called out a teammate.

Everywhere you turn people are trying to paint Baker the bad guy and some of them are our own fans.

The thing about Baker that everyone overlooks is that he doesn't necessarily talk trash, he says "welp, ok, if that's what you want to think, ok, I'll prove it in the field."

The ones who haven't figured that out are the ones who are trying to paint Baker in a different light. We should be embracing our team and that includes OBJ. A bunch here are like the Cleveland media trying to make a story where there isn't one.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 12:15 PM
j/c:

The last two posts are prime examples of folks who represent what I was talking about I talked about the drastic way posters view Baker and how they view others.

Grabbing one's crotch in a packed stadium is far worse than wearing a plastic watch. Calling a coach fake because he went to a new team AFTER HE WAS FIRED by your team is far worse than calling out a coach who was suspended for Bounty Gate.

I wish both would shut their mouths, but I have never backed down when it comes to treating people equally. That stance will continue and I don't care how many insults folks like WSU throws my way!
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 12:59 PM
Thank god we have u here to be the moral compass of the board .. rolleyes ...

I agree with u right up until u wanna make it about race ... it appears to me thats what your doing here .... if i’m wrong please tell me what it is if it isn’t about race ...

I think your dead wrong to say what they’ve both done IN TOTAL adds up to the same thing but i do agree Bake has been as wrong as OBJ way to many times .... they both run their mouths to much ... but to put Bake in the same class as OBJ does not come close to adding up to me ...

1st off u have to IGNORE their entire history .... and Vers .. i think OBJ is a GREAT HUMAN BEING ... he does a ton for charity and for kids and IMO that trumps all this CRAP ... same with Bake ... GREAT GUY IMO cause of what he does for charity and kids ...

THEIR BOTH ACES IN MY BOOK FOR THAT ALONE ... thumbsup

U compare what OBJ said about williams to what Bake said about Hue ... i call BS on putting them in the same category ... i agree with u they were both DEAD NUTS WRONG in what they did .... like u said .. they BOTH NEED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ...

but saying a coach came out and put a bounty on U cause U got hurt by a CLEAN HIT and saying what Bake did about Hue taking another job within the division isn’t even in the same COUNTRY much less state or zip code ... the CORRELATION ends at they both would have been better off keeping their mouths shut ...

Saying someone intentionally tried to hurt u isn’t close to saying someone dissed u .... the math don’t come close to adding up ...

What OBJ said was the ABSOLUTE WORST thing u could say about a fellow player or coach .... and u know that Vers ... not even close to the same thing ....

Same with Duke ... and i’m Not sticking up for what Bake said ... it was STUPID and DIDN’T NEED TO BE SAID ...... but who exactly did Bake put a target on his back for with what he said about Duke ... what, was Duke gonna miss a blitz pick up during TC when u can’t hit Bake anyway ... *L* ... once again ... the math don’t add up ... i’m wondering how long its gonna take u to come to the conclusion that Bake forced the Duke trade ... rofl .... that was a joke .. feel free to unclench for a second ... thumbsup

OBJ is a DIVA .... Bake’s a jackass sometimes ... HUGE DIFFERENCE .... and knowing that don’t make me a racist weather u think it does or not ...

U can spin it any way u want ... u have a hard on for Bake and don’t like him ... you’ve admitted u don’t like him ... U don’t think it affects your objectivity ... well YOUR WRONG about that ... it manifests itself on here daily .... and IMO this is one of the main topics that shines a light on it ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 01:13 PM
Quote:
Thank god we have u here to be the moral compass of the board .. rolleyes ...

I never asked for thanks. I simply said I won't back down if I believe in something, regardless of the fallout from that stance.

I'm not going to insult you or belittle you for your opinions on the matter. After all, they are your opinions. I have mine. That's good enough for me.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 03:41 PM
Quote:
Thank god ...

I never asked for thanks...

rofl
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 11:30 PM
It's crazy how many of you defend Hue. It's mind boggling really.

Some of you need to shut up and get on the bandwagon and come to the Isle. The drinks are ice cold and there is nothing bitter here...
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/14/19 11:34 PM
And it's weird how many people think Baker "runs his mouth."

We might need to have a seminar on actual definitions here.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 12:02 AM
Or we could have a seminar on the lack of comprehension.

Nobody is defending Hue. He sucked just like Sashi did.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 01:37 AM
Or we could have a seminar on the lack of comprehension.

Nobody is defending Hue. He sucked just like Sashi did.

This is irony at it's best right here.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 01:46 AM
Baker is a jerk to the media. As much as I can't stand most of them, it's uncalled for. It's a bad look. Makes him look unprofessional and immature.

Is it too much to ask the team to curb the talk and act professional?

Do these guys realize they have no capital here? That they haven't won a thing?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 01:49 AM
Capital is a good word to use ... we have nothing yet but we walked into the Titans game like we were a contender
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 12:54 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
This is irony at it's best right here.

Then let me ask you, who in this thread made any excuses for Hue? I mean since that's the false accusation you made.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 01:35 PM
He either didn’t read the posts and just saw Hue’s name or his reading comprehension skills registers at like a kindergarten level ...

None of his posts even make sense ... there so far out there none of the other sashiettes even liked them .... rofl ...
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 06:46 PM
and of course you represent what you were talking about. that said, the vast majority on here have forgotten all about duke Johnson, and really did not care much about it when they remembered. They sure do not care about him and hue. Only a small number still obsess over those things, including college antics. But for that small number of folks who do, here is one to add to your list. It has been definitively proven that baker mayfield pulled the pigtails of the little girl sitting in front of him in second grade. We gotta get rid of this cancer!!!!!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 06:49 PM
I heard that he also put a spider on her shoulder. A big, icky one too. wink
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 07:51 PM
Rishuz, I have watched almost every one of baker’s press conferences both preseason and after the first game. What “jerky “ behavior did I miss??
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 08:57 PM
Seriously?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:09 PM
I'm not surprised you don't understand irony.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:13 PM
From my seat Baker is a jerk to only those in the media who were a jerk to him first.

Case in point is Tony Grossi and Colin Cowherd.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:18 PM
I'm sorry my kindergarten level posts are too sophisticated for your preschool level knowledge. I'll try to dumb things down next time.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:32 PM
Yes. Seriously. If you are talking about Colin cow paddy he deserves anything baker said. I have heard him in 10-20 press conferences. They seemed pretty straight forward to me. Frankly I am way more interested in baker on the field than some perceived slight by a reporter. But that’s just me.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:35 PM
From my seat Baker is a jerk to only those in the media who were a jerk to him first.

Case in point is Tony Grossi and Colin Cowherd.

It doesn't matter. Grossi is inconsequential. The fact that Baker would care that much and actually go out of his way to try and embarrass the guy during pressers means he's not mature enough to understand that Grossi is a nobody and doesn't matter. If you believe focus and attention are finite, then he's using some of both on something that is inconsequential and that's not good for the team.

This isn't college anymore. You don't need anymore chips on your shoulder. Grow up. Mature. Set a positive example for your team because they are all following your lead and acting the fool. Focus on being the best you can be. Put this team on your back and bring us a damn super bowl.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:46 PM
I understand your point of view. I just don't agree.

I don't see Baker as immature. I see him as someone who likes to have fun, but some misinterpret his words and actions. The Brett Favre reenactment photo is a good example of this...

I understand people want Baker to "shut up." I don't think he's actually "saying" anything. I think he gives off a cocky vibe, but he's just simply confident and pretty darn good.

Those who say they wish he would "shut up" should get used to it because this is the same Baker we're going to have in 15 years. At least I hope so.

However, we can disagree and that's just fine. I'll still buy you a beer.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 09:57 PM
If you are right, then he better start winning.

Tomorrow needs to be a dominant performance.
Posted By: hitt Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 10:02 PM
JMHO, to ask for we humans to be perfect isn't possible, we all dumb/immature occasionally- I didn't want Bake because of his crotch grabbing and running from cops when drunk/ or whatever....he ain't perfect, but he is surely passionate AND I hope he matures as he ages....we can hope.
OBJ comes out as a diva to me, he's a millionaire who does lots of good, but must be getting paid for wearing a watch....can't comprehend why he'd pay a fine for wearing it....AND, if a rules stickler or any opposing player SUGGESTS he was hurt by the plastic watch OJB gets SUSPENDED....he's real help on the sidelines. His stupidity to me is much worse than Bake's.

JMHO, wish they'd both review their actions and change....we all need to try to be our best selves......GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 11:19 PM
j/c:

Lost in all the Odell bashing and Baker backing is that Odell actually played well and Baker stunk last week.

I was watching a morning show this morning and they were showing how Odell was getting open and how Baker was inaccurate. It's one game and I hope both play well moving forward.

As far as the comments from keith and device......LOL....not worth responding to.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 11:26 PM
Hitt, somewhere on here a poster did a chronology of events in obj’s career. It was pretty long and a lot of weird stuff. I assume we knew about all that but I think I would have stuck with perryman and kept our pick if I were making the call. Hopefully this will work out and our offense will start to perform as expected.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 11:34 PM
Yes. I'm not going to hold my breath as I wait for the day you say anything remotely accurate about Baker.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/15/19 11:45 PM
Thank God you are not making the call!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 12:07 AM
Here we go Odell,

Jamison Crowder, (a receiver on the jets), had a better week statistically last week and so a better season so far.

So!

Freddie Kitchens??? If Crowder has a better game than Odell tomorrow and it's not compensated by someone elses' play then I'm putting the Onus on you.

It's the coaches job to put players in a position to succeed.

Here we Go Odell indeed!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 12:45 AM
I mentioned this before but I think tomorrow is going to tell us much more about the coaching staff than the players.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 12:47 AM
Agreed ... you gotta get the players to respond after that, and it starts with a GOOD game plan and discipline
I mentioned this before but I think tomorrow is going to tell us much more about the coaching staff than the players.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 01:06 PM
I don't think Baker played all that bad. Like I said in a previous post, he's on the list of bad things from the game, but he's pretty far down that list. I put the penalties and o-line (among other things) ahead of Baker in terms of what contributed to what we saw. Baker certainly did NOT play well, but I don't think he played all that poorly, overall.

I did notice the accuracy, though. That was troubling, but I think he bounces back in that area. I remember him having off games last year, in terms of his accuracy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 02:54 PM
I'm not surprised you don't understand irony.

There actually is no irony here. If there is any, it's that more people seem to be getting on OBJ for his comments about Williams while upholding similar, if not worse comments Baker made about Hue.

So in the grand scheme of things either it's a big deal for both of their comments or neither of their comments are a big deal. Both made negative comments about former Browns coaches. It actually has nothing to do with who those coaches were.

But I'm not surprised that people wish to make it about that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 02:55 PM
I'm sorry my kindergarten level posts are too sophisticated for your preschool level knowledge. I'll try to dumb things down next time.

I don't think you can dumb them down any more than you already have.
Posted By: mac Re: Here we go Odell - 09/16/19 09:49 PM
I would think that OBJ would have higher priorities than defying the NFL to wear a watch during the game.

As some others have pointed out, it looks like OBJ is cultivating the watch situation to make a commercial at some point in time. We might be watching a business deal in the making.

...like I said, doesn't OBJ have higher priorities than intentionally violating NFL policies?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 02:54 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 03:51 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 04:08 AM
Zeitler's faster.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 08:57 AM
Last night is exactly why we got him ... he changed the entire game
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 12:21 PM
j/c
Odel wore a different Richard Mille to the game tonight, but not during it - the retail price? $2,020,000.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/...c1-66cb640452f7
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:07 PM
What boggles my mind is that despite everything he has accomplished in his career, that was his longest reception as a pro.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Here we go Odell,

Jamison Crowder, (a receiver on the jets), had a better week statistically last week and so a better season so far.

So!

Freddie Kitchens??? If Crowder has a better game than Odell tomorrow and it's not compensated by someone elses' play then I'm putting the Onus on you.

It's the coaches job to put players in a position to succeed.

Here we Go Odell indeed!

I'm guessing you might be feeling pretty silly at this point.. Right?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:16 PM
J/c

He must really be wary of his hips/hamstring though because that’s the first thing he said that I heard: I was just hoping the hamstrings would hold up.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and avoid it
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:19 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:42 PM
Good point there ... he took off the watch and made it about the team last night. Small thing, but still good IMO
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 01:58 PM
j/c...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 03:12 PM
I was just floored by how fast Ratley was on that TD play. He caught up to OBJ from 10 yards behind, and put himself between OBJ and the defenders trailing him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 04:29 PM
Exactly my thought too ... Ratley is a very interesting player to be honest
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I was just floored by how fast Ratley was on that TD play. He caught up to OBJ from 10 yards behind, and put himself between OBJ and the defenders trailing him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 05:40 PM
I'm very surprised that folks on here talked more about his watch than they his magnificent performance last night.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 05:47 PM
I'm very surprised that folks on here talked more about his watch than they his magnificent performance last night.

I think that has been covered in the post game thoughts. It was an amazing performance, the one-handed catch was spectacular (and a great throw by Baker on a night he had some not so good ones) and the short seam pass where he showed his speed. Damn glad he's on our team.

I just like his watches, wish I could afford them.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 06:03 PM
Zeitler's faster.

rofl grin
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 06:17 PM
j/c:

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 06:34 PM
He handled that question very well.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Here we go Odell - 09/17/19 11:38 PM
He handled that question very well.

Yep. Progress.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 12:48 AM
j/c...

Posted By: guard dawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 01:05 AM
J/C
I'm fascinated by hand made Swiss mechanical/automatic watches. My rich cousin who actually owns some is the only person I get to share this passion with. So, a few random thoughts. I guess when OBJ says "plastic" he probably means, carbon fiber which is a form of plastic, I guess. I don't particularly like this watch. The design is much too garish for my taste although I do appreciate the orange. I prefer a more classic design and a cleaner dial. If I was him I'd have chosen something built by Hublot or possibly Breitling who has a reputation for durability. The automatic movement of a watch is where the art and the craft of a watch reside. The ingenuity to design and manufacture something of that size capable of precise operation and ingenious complications such as, chronograph or moon phase.

Let me bring it back to football a little. If I'm OBJ then I'm rocking Ulysses Nardin, A. Lang & Sohne or Patek Phillipe.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 03:03 AM
Hey, Dawgs4Life!

I like your posts for content. Always have.
However... ya formatting gives me whiplash! wink

Nest time, try this:

1. Highlight/copypaste the quote you like, and drop it in your post before you do anything else. The blinking cursor will be at the end of your new text.
2. Tap the 'enter' button twice.
3. Start talking that pretty stuff you talk.

If you follow these steps, you won't look like you walked out of the house witchya pants on backwards! rofl
thumbsup

Ratley IS a very interesting case. He's just getting on my radar, and it's because of stuff like this. I'm gonna start keying on him, because I'm really intrigued. His coming out party v. Chargers was my wake-up call. Dude was hauling in everything thrown his way.

Media is in love with The Big Three (BM, JL, OBJ), but I find the stories behind the supporting cast much more interesting.

-just playin' with you a little bit tonight. Give it a try.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 03:04 AM
Zeitler's faster.

+1
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Zeitler's faster.

+1

Yeah, but can he tell you the time?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 11:41 AM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Zeitler's faster.

+1

in 2 million dollar fashion?
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 01:33 PM
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
J/C
I'm fascinated by hand made Swiss mechanical/automatic watches. My rich cousin who actually owns some is the only person I get to share this passion with. So, a few random thoughts. I guess when OBJ says "plastic" he probably means, carbon fiber which is a form of plastic, I guess. I don't particularly like this watch. The design is much too garish for my taste although I do appreciate the orange. I prefer a more classic design and a cleaner dial. If I was him I'd have chosen something built by Hublot or possibly Breitling who has a reputation for durability. The automatic movement of a watch is where the art and the craft of a watch reside. The ingenuity to design and manufacture something of that size capable of precise operation and ingenious complications such as, chronograph or moon phase.

Me too! The nicest watch I have is a Breitling Chronomat, great watch.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Here we go Odell - 09/18/19 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Every member of the team should be able to. It's game time.
© DawgTalkers.net