DawgTalkers.net
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/jamie-gillan-named-afc-special-teams-player-of-the-week

Cleveland Browns rookie P Jamie Gillan has earned AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for games played Sept. 12-16 (Week 2), the National Football League announced Wednesday.
During a 23-3 win at the New York Jets on Monday night, Gillan booted six punts for 231 yards. He landed five punts inside the 20-yard line, the most of any player in Week 2. Gillan’s efforts helped limit the Jets to one punt return for five yards and provide the Jets with an average starting field positon of the 18-yard line.
The Browns 20-point win was the team’s largest margin of victory since Nov. 6, 2004. The win was also the Browns first on Monday night since Nov. 17, 2008.
Gillan, an undrafted rookie, is leading the NFL with eight punts inside the 20 this season. He has only had one of his 11 punts this season returned.
This is the Browns’ first Special Teams Player of the Week Award since Denzel Ward won for Week 5 in 2018 and Gillan is the first Browns’ punter to win the award since Spencer Lanning won for Week 3 in 2013.

Wow! Awesome Hammer ... a great start for him
woah... clearly we kept the right guy.

Hammer on!
Wow..I didn't expect that...good for "the Hammer"!
That's awesome!

I know a lot guys were worried about him changing field position, but I see him being able really limit returns with his hangtime. I may have to get a Hammer jersey!
This kid has the potential to be one of the greats. I think he will get much better over time. You can tell he is putting in the work to get better every week.

I'm also pleased with Seibert's work and think he may end up being a very good kicker. Time will tell.

It will be nice if these two make us believers this year and we don't have to address these positions over the next 3-4 years.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
That's awesome!

I know a lot guys were worried about him changing field position, but I see him being able really limit returns with his hangtime. I may have to get a Hammer jersey!

Hang time is now known as Hammer Time.

You can't return this...

[dah nah nuh nah]

You Can't Return This.
Haha i like it ... honestly, I think we should play the music when he takes the field
rofl ... that was funny ...

Anyone know his net average on punts ...

and his net average after returns ...

And anyone know how many of his punts have been returned?

Gracias ...
1 punt has been returned. There were no returns first game and one return for 5 yds in the second game.
Well deserved!
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
1 punt has been returned. There were no returns first game and one return for 5 yds in the second game.

Yup.

11 punts thus far for 464 yards total, with 8 inside the 20 and a total of 5 return yards.
That is an average of 0.45 yards per return smile

Average Punt 42.2 yds.
Long: 52 yds
Net: 41.7 yds (even though there is only one return to calculate with)
This time the hype was real.
Ty sir ... thumbsup

I wonder where those rank league wide ....

https://i.imgur.com/eviC5AHl.png
thumbsup
The Hammer named special teams player of the MONTH !

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/cleve...r-of-the-month/

I've enjoyed watching him and Seibert - a drastic change from years past. As big a turn around as any unit on the team.
Hammer is the real deal so far. I have missed good special teams play. This is amazing for NFL return average. Great job!

This man has earned his haggis, y'all! Purp, can we buy kilts on here? Wanna wear mine to the Island next visit. Order the good scotch, laddies!
Wow, quite an honor for you first month! Congrats and keep it up
I didn't think he was very good the past couple of games. I'm surprised he got player of the month.

Having said that it's exciting to have two young guys that will hopefully continue to get better and lock down those positions for years. Positions we hopefully won't have to worry about for a long time.
A was a little less impressed as well, had a couple he would definitely take back. Still, his ability to limit and flat-out prevent returns is amazing.
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Purp, can we buy kilts on here? Wanna wear mine to the Island next visit. Order the good scotch, laddies!

Hah!!

I might have to find a supplier that will take the Clan Gregor tartan and remake it in Orange & Brown grin
I’m still waiting for us to pull a fake punt with him running ... he clearly has a background to do so with his rugby days
Or put the Hammer down on a punt returner smile
© DawgTalkers.net