DawgTalkers.net
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/reports-of-the-fullbacks-demise-have-been-greatly-exaggerated/
I don't believe in the mythical "Fullback" ... it's like a pink Unicorn, does not exist. I doubt it ever existed. I know, because I watch Freddie Kitchen's offense every week.
I think it is well documented that I have been down on fullbacks for a long time.

That said, thing go in cycles. If you can find a fullback who is multi dimensional, meaning they can catch and actually run the ball from time to time, I am good.

If they are there to lead tacklers to the ball carrier, just put in a reserve guard if blocking is the goal to get the yard or so..
We never should have got rid of Vickers...
Does anyone remember who lined up at FB on the two plays we used one?
Pharaoh Brown I believe.
That makes sense. Thanks.
Lawrence Vickers... him and the pot smoking dude we got from the Redskins.
Imo running the ball in the AFC North and success go hand in hand. The Mack and Byner years, Jim Brown, Franco Harris/Rocky Blier, Earl Campbell, the Icky Shuffler and on and on and on and on.

Ya just gotta. It opens up the passing game "to the 4th power" and being "just pounded on" can wear a D down to "half power".

Looking forward to a "Chubb and Hunt backfield".
Teams can accomplish both the run and the pass coming from different directions. Sometimes teams use the pass to open up the run and sometimes teams use the run to open up the pass. It depends on the team and how the talent has been assembled.
I think we are running it enough. Chubb has the second most carries in the entire league. I agree w/others that when we run him needs some work. There are times when we should run Chubb and we haven't.

I'll point out two examples from Sunday's game. We had a 20-6 lead and came out pass happy. I think we had two straight 3 and outs. The other was at the end of the first half when Freddie said he wanted to get two possessions for one. I didn't know he wanted to go two for one at the time and I think that was an ignorant decision. He should have ran Chubb down by the goal line and eaten up the clock, took the points, and left Seattle w/hardly anytime on the clock. Instead, Baker's throws a pick and Seattle scores right before the half to pull to w/in two points at halftime.

I was as mad as I have been in years. I don't yell in celebration or anger during games. I like to analyze the games, instead. That's why you will never see me post on the Game Day threads. I am engrossed in the game. However, I did yell after that first half ending and even went to my wife to vent on just how stupid of a decision that was. Freddie needs to get better at play calling. I get the "aggressive" thing sounds cool w/fans, but it's about putting your team in the best possible situation to win the game.
© DawgTalkers.net