DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 10:53 PM
Continued.....

Time to get TMZ to dig up the audio of the Rudolph's mic during the game.

I do not believe Myles made this up. He even eluded to it following the game at his locker when speaking to the media.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 10:54 PM
I predict a crowd meltdown on Sunday.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:09 PM
Just sent this off to the NFLPA. https://www.nflpa.com/contact-us
I know nothing will come of it but at least I spoke my mind.

“ The indefinite suspension of Myles Garrett is absurd and against his NFLPA contract which states a disqualification for using a helmet as a weapon. As a Browns fan I’ve watched the NFL play favorites. Josh Gordon, while a headache, was suspended multiple times in his time with the Browns. Each time Goodell hemmed and hawed waiting until the last possible moment to make decisions on his punishments. Then typically made them harsh. Yet he goes to the Pats and is almost instantly reinstated. No hesitation.
I’ve watched this type of foot dragging and/or preferential treatment for the past 20 years as a Browns fan. It disgusts me.

I’ve watched over the years as Steeler players laid waste to my squad without penalties and fines. James Harrison earholed more than one Browns player over the years. Nothing. Mohamed Massoquaui, Josh Cribbs, Colt McCoy all injured by cheap shots. Currently the Steelers have a cheap shot artist walking their sideline... in need of a cane... for using his helmet as a weapon on the field of play. Only this time his indefinite suspension is because he broke his own damn neck doing it. No penalty was called. He wasn’t fined. Spearing is in the rule books.
I know nothing will come of this note. Just know there’s a bunch of us fans, not just of the Browns, that note these things and are growing tired of it. I love college ball. I don’t need the NFL. I’m not alone. ”
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:10 PM
If the next game were in Cleveland, Pittsburgh would forfeit rather than play in front us.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Continued.....

I do not believe Myles made this up. He even eluded to it following the game at his locker when speaking to the media.

What it is time for is for Browns fans to stand up for the team when they were ripped away from us in 1999. Ever since then we have been screwed over each and every week. IMO It's time for Browns fans to repeat what we did when we lost our team. It's time for us to stand together in unison and let the NFL know we will not be screwed over like they have been doing since we came back.

I mean come on Browns fans the NFL just keeps breaking it off in our backsides and we just keep sitting back and taking it.

Just when is enough enough? It's way past the time to stand up to the NFl and let them know we won't take this crap anymore. The NFL expects Browns fans to w We have been getting crapped on since 1999 and we sit back and take it like female dogs. It's high time that we as Bropwns fans start flooding the NFL, Espn, and every other single puppet of the NFL that we will not take this crap anymore.

What we need is another blitz against the NFL "Just like we had when they tried to take our team" Are we going to sit back like a bunch or kitty cats, or are we going to stand up for our team and demand fair treatment?

As long as we sit back and take being screwed over, then the longer WE yes US as fans are guilty of being kitty cats.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:20 PM

I don't believe Myles helped his cause with racial slur accusation.

Who knows if it was said? Not really relevant.

Wrong if it happened by not relevant here.

They wanted remorse. Goodell stated it. That is why "indefinite". He wants Myles contrition.

Saying that Rudolph used a slur comes across as making an excuse. We all know Myles knows he did wrong.

But it is clear they want to use this as an example so as not to happen again.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Continued.....

What it is time for is for Browns fans to stand up for the team when they were ripped away from us in 1999. Ever since then we have been screwed over each and every week. IMO It's time for Browns fans to repeat what we did when we lost our team. It's time for us to stand together in unison and let the NFL know we will not be screwed over like they have been doing since we came back.

I mean come on Browns fans the NFL just keeps breaking it off in our backsides and we just keep sitting back and taking it.

Just when is enough enough? It's way past the time to stand up to the NFl and let them know we won't take this crap anymore. The NFL expects Browns fans to w We have been getting crapped on since 1999 and we sit back and take it like female dogs. It's high time that we as Bropwns fans start flooding the NFL, Espn, and every other single puppet of the NFL that we will not take this crap anymore.

What we need is another blitz against the NFL "Just like we had when they tried to take our team" Are we going to sit back like a bunch or kitty cats, or are we going to stand up for our team and demand fair treatment?

As long as we sit back and take being screwed over, then the longer WE yes US as fans are guilty of being kitty cats.

I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it...
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:29 PM
J/c

At this point I hope Myles files a lawsuit. The rule book clearly spells out what is to be done in this type of situation and clearly the NFL is not following its own policies. Companies and organizations are just as bound to their policies the same as the employees are bound. Since they aren’t going to be reasonable about the punishment I think he sues to hold them accountable to the letter of the rules as well as file a discrimination complaint under fair employment due to the disparate punishment that Rudolph received.
Posted By: slick Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:31 PM
Ogbah pushed mason down and gets suspended. Pouncy punches and kicks and gets his suspension reduced. Oh...and like I have said many times on here. Ray rice knocked a woman unconscious and spit on her before dragging her limp body from a elevator. He was suspended 4 games. Wow. Goodell is corrupt....so corrupt
Posted By: Dave Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:45 PM
Quote:
I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I think there was never a plan for us to be without a team. The NFL wanted a team in Baltimore and they knew they had an owner in dire financial straits (Modell) who also had stadium issues. The Browns move was a choreographed manipulation that gave the NFL an established team in Baltimore and created shockwaves across the country that lead to new stadiums all across the league. They always knew they were going to give us a replacement expansion team, because it was too good of a market to abandon, but they had to get the local politicians to get a new stadium built here too. And they did. In the meantime, they told us what we wanted to hear "Boy, you Cleveland fans shut down our business by clogging our fax machines. We had no choice except to give you an expansion team and to let you keep your name and colors. Just please don't go after our fax machines anymore, because we don't really have any spare phone lines we could use instead."

The whole thing in '95 was freaking kabuki theater. We got hosed then and we're still getting hosed now.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Continued.....

I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it...

It's time for us to stand together and demand to be taken seriously like we were back then. Just getting a team back so they can sodomize us is not acceptable.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/21/19 11:54 PM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
J/c

At this point I hope Myles files a lawsuit. The rule book clearly spells out what is to be done in this type of situation and clearly the NFL is not following its own policies. Companies and organizations are just as bound to their policies the same as the employees are bound. Since they aren’t going to be reasonable about the punishment I think he sues to hold them accountable to the letter of the rules as well as file a discrimination complaint under fair employment due to the disparate punishment that Rudolph received.

I hope he sues the NFL for 100 million and wins.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:09 AM
rofl
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:28 AM
j/c

in regards to Thrash's tweet about how player safety is most important, then why reduce Pouncey's suspension? Is kicking someone repeatedly in the head not counter to player safety?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:31 AM
Player safety is not now nor has it ever been a worry for the NFL. They worry about the almighy $$$ and don't care about the players. They never have and they never will.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:32 AM
Player safety is not now nor has it ever been a worry for the NFL. They worry about the almighy $$$ and don't care about the players. They never have and they never will.

This is true of all companies.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:33 AM
Most of them frown
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:33 AM
Garrett on alleged racial slur from Rudolph: 'I know what I heard'
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1885991

After the NFL upheld his indefinite suspension for his role in last Thursday's brawl with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Myles Garrett released a statement on the league's ruling and the allegation that he heard a racial slur from Mason Rudolph.

"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension," Garrett said. "This was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed.

"I know what I heard. Whether my opponent's comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact that this has had on the league, the Browns, and our devoted fans."

More to come.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:35 AM
Time for Roger to step up and say with a glint in his eye and and a woody that he is screwing the Browns again.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

in regards to Thrash's tweet about how player safety is most important, then why reduce Pouncey's suspension? Is kicking someone repeatedly in the head not counter to player safety?

I had the exact same thought. The guy wasn't even a co-combatant. He made himself one and by doing so his actions were not "safe" for the player he was combating.

I've beat this drum for a long time now. There are teams that get preferential treatment - on and off the field. The Steelers are one them, the Browns are not. The NFL has gotten so arrogant that they don't even try to hide it. They are daring someone, anyone, to take them to task on this.

Retire Myles. Retire and sue.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:39 AM
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
Garrett on alleged racial slur from Rudolph: 'I know what I heard'
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1885991

After the NFL upheld his indefinite suspension for his role in last Thursday's brawl with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Myles Garrett released a statement on the league's ruling and the allegation that he heard a racial slur from Mason Rudolph.

"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension," Garrett said. "This was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed.

"I know what I heard. Whether my opponent's comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact that this has had on the league, the Browns, and our devoted fans."

More to come.

Speaking of this, how did it become public?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:42 AM
and why is it that three black men got suspended and a white man got off scott free naughtydevil rolleyesdevil catfight
Posted By: bonefish Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:47 AM

That is why there is a NFLPA.

It is up to the Union to proceed.

Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:51 AM
Do you mean the Union that just keeps saying "I will gradely pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. blush
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:54 AM
Statements from Browns GM John Dorsey, Myles Garrett on Garrett's suspension being upheld
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/sta...on-being-upheld

As we’ve consistently stated, our organizational support for Myles will continue. He is a man of high character and unquestionable integrity. He was open and honest with us about the incident from the start. He has taken accountability for his actions on Thursday night and this situation will not define him. As an organization, our focus going forward remains on the task-at-hand, which is preparing for the Miami Dolphins.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:55 AM
What is left to say about this?

The NFL is a bush league with bush league decision making.

This comes from the top down to the lowly referees.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:12 AM
Quote:
Time for Roger to step up and say with a glint in his eye and and a woody that he is screwing the Browns again.

Time for Roger to step Down and admit he can't keep enough terrible towels around to wipe off his woody after screwing the Browns again and again and again
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:14 AM
Goodell is using Myles as an example. It's all about PR. To the outside world he looks like he is being firm about players safety. I'm curious if this incident happened on 1:00 sunday game only broadcast locally, if it would be receiving the coverage it is getting.

The NFL is a joke. The PI replay debacle is a prime example. They put in a rule and it is being used against coaches using it. Multiple camera angles showing clear interference, and then refusing to make the correct call even when the evidence is clear. IMO, this rule shows openly how games can be manipulated by officials.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What is left to say about this?

The NFL is a bush league with bush league decision making.

This comes from the top down to the lowly referees.

Bush league??????? Do you mean unproffesional, dishonest, liars, cheats, and buttholes?

OK I can agree with that.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

That is why there is a NFLPA.

It is up to the Union to proceed.

Did Brady file suit or did the union on his behalf?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:19 AM
It’s ultimately Garrett’s fight to fight, but let’s all be realistic: the guy is never going to get a fair shake again. We thought it was ridiculous how much he was getting held and it never being called before this mess happened... he’s never going to be allowed to play to the level he’s capable of.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:22 AM
It’s ultimately Garrett’s fight to fight, but let’s all be realistic: the guy is never going to get a fair shake again. We thought it was ridiculous how much he was getting held and it never being called before this mess happened... he’s never going to be allowed to play to the level he’s capable of.

I think the "indefinite" is in place to keep him in place and not to fight the fight.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:24 AM
Glad to see many of you believing Myles.

Now if we could listen to others such as Kaep and others who deal with racism...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:41 AM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Glad to see many of you believing Myles.

Now if we could listen to others such as Kaep and others who deal with racism...

Are you really making this out to be a race issue?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:47 AM
Myles brings up the point, many on here come to believe and defend, yet many of the same people won't listen to others about how their lives get impacted due to racist individuals.

Just found it to be an interesting parallel. Don't mean to offend. I just wish we could all see this situation with Myles to the entire world experience.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 03:36 AM
Haslam needs to go to NFL headquarters and demand answers. What the heck are there rules in place with the CBA if the league isn't going to abide by them?
Posted By: s003apr Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 03:52 AM
There might be microphones all over the place, but they are not on and being recorded the entire time. and things like elliptical mics are not very useful unless you have a clear shot and have them lined up perfectly.
Posted By: s003apr Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:03 AM
NFL is going to wish that they had stuck to a reasonable punishment that reflected past incidences and was fair all the way around.

I said from the beginning that it should be Garrett 4 games, Rudolph 2, Pouncey 1-2, and Ogonjobi/De Castro 0 to 1.

Myles Garrett just took the stakes up a notch and basically said 'If I go down, I'm taking the NFL and Steelers down a peg or two in the process'
good for him.

Now we have the white instigator getting off scott free after using a racial slur in a fight. Meanwhile, every Black participant is getting suspended. Garrett is getting the harshest penalty ever dolled out by the NFL, despite the fact that he has no history and a great reputation.

This is going to blow up in the NFLs face.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:12 AM
What has the NFLPA said about this?

Isn't this one of reasons there is a NFLPA and a CBA?

And a Rulebook for that matter?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:23 AM
Garrett needs to Sue the NFL!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:35 AM
j/c

I believe that Mason Rudolph's life in the NFL is about to become very interesting- and very painful.

Myles has enjoyed a sterling reputation until now, and is liked and respected throughout the ranks of the players. If he stated that he was verbally assaulted in that manner, the players are going to listen- and believe him.

Now, I'm just hearing for the first time that this backup is some alt/right deplorable, so I don't know if it's true or not. What do know is that he may have escaped punishment by the league, but that doesn't mean he'll escape all punishment. I do believe that he will be judged in the 'court of colleagues'.. and is going to find himself in a tough row to hoe. Call a brother like Myles The Name, and you've instantly made yourself a potential target of 68% of all active NFL players.

I'm going to find a way to content myself with Myles' punishment, but I'm OK with Mason Rudolph escaping suspension. It means he'll be forced to play every snap on the schedule until something of his snaps.

Dumb is getting lined up for a world of hurt. And soon. Not just the Browns, either. This kind of thing goes beyond team.

At this point, I'll happily take any form of 'justice' I can get. This might be the most appropriate one of the bunch.

smdh
Posted By: Squires Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:08 AM
Rudolph plays the Bengals this week. Will have to wait another week for that punishment to begin.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:40 AM
I had hoped for the suspension to be reduced to 4 games. Given the precedents, Myles' character, his remorse, and the circumstances leading to the melee.

Regardless, I was pretty sure the NFL would put a lid on the severity... Six games, eight games, remainder of season... They had a free chance to at least adhere to their own policy and agreement for "indefinite suspensions".

I should be shocked - but I'm not. It's not a rant, it's not cliche... this league simply can't get anything right.

I heard rumors as early as last Friday morning that there may have been a racial slur hurled at Myles. I thought, selfishly, that even if there wasn't, Myles should say there was... just for a fleeting moment, and mostly because of how bad it seems we are always getting jobbed. When I read that QBs are mic'd for the entire game, I knew there was no way Myles would say that if it wasn't true.

Then yesterday morning... Within mere moments of the hearing starting, two stories about the Steelers were on the ESPN home page. One with Rudolph apologizing for his part and calling Garrett a good guy. The other with his coach doing the same. It seemed really strange, but for whatever reason - it gave me hope.

Nah, they were just told to get out in front of things, because Myles spilled the beans. They "haven't seen any evidence to support Myles' claim" because that mic recording has been on a flash drive in the NFL's Vault of Lies since last Friday.

The Browns Organization was once again punk-slapped and told to get back in it's lane.

Myles made a terrible mistake. I hope it serves to drive him. Not because of what it might mean for my team, just because he seems like a genuine good dude.

Our team has an opportunity to spin a 180 on all of this strife, channel this energy, galvanize their spirit as a team... Or go down in flames and play the blame game.

I expect to see the former, particularly nine days from now, when we set foot in enemy territory and show our heart and tenacity. You want to plant a flag, Baker? Go plant your flag. Go out there and attack, relentlessly, on both sides of the ball. Play with fury and hit with bad intentions - this is football, it's never been for the weak of heart.

That's the battle cry. Go to Pittsburgh and define your season. If we do - there's every reason to believe that it can be a catalyst to run the table 'til you face the Juggernaut... On our turf.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 10:25 AM
JC

I have to believe that MG has some sort of legal case here based on the CBA and precedent
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 12:16 PM
Regardless if Mason used the slur or not. I think Garrett has another piece of ammo for a lawsuit...

Quote:
"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension...This was not meant for public dissemination

So the NFL assures him that what was said would not be public information...and here we are talking about it.

How can the NFL expect players to be frank and honest when they allow this to happen?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:11 PM
The appeal hearing for Myles was obviously for show.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:12 PM
Originally Posted By: PETE314
Regardless if Mason used the slur or not. I think Garrett has another piece of ammo for a lawsuit...

Quote:
"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension...This was not meant for public dissemination

So the NFL assures him that what was said would not be public information...and here we are talking about it.

How can the NFL expect players to be frank and honest when they allow this to happen?

Great point and why isn't this being talked about more.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
yeah it appears that way
Posted By: Dave Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:27 PM
I'm sure Myles has his reasons for holding this close to the vest. Maybe he was just "keeping his powder dry", thinking it would be his trump card in the hearing. But it is hurting him in public opinion, IMO. I can't help wondering why he wasn't shouting it from the rooftop, starting right after the game when he faced reporters.

*Post contains 87% of your Minimum Daily Requirement for metaphors
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:32 PM
This doesn't align with rules and precedent. So it's a scavenger hunt as to what NFL deems "right." Disgusts me. Based this on what then? Ignored it based on what? Why can a team not have definite limits and dates for rosters and such? Nothing disciplinary to player; merely punitive.

Lousy NFL hypocrisy IMO.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:34 PM
mason's Karma could be crippling. Hope he gets a full dose.
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:35 PM
I agree and it wouldn't surprise me if they did it just to make it look good and fair fully knowing they were going to reduce Pouncey's suspension and uphold Myles suspension.It was a complete farce.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:43 PM

Yes, they do continually show their bias against the Browns.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:50 PM
I know that the actions of the NFL defy this logic, but I don't believe in any sort of smoky-room conspiracy against the Browns.

I do believe, however, that the NFL only cares about public opinion. They want to get past this as quickly as possible. The best way to do that is to focus on one dude, and then pile on. That's what happened here. Another thing people are talking about is that Myles' punishment was actually INCREASED. They tacked a fine on top. They had to send a message that if Myles wants to continue his long NFL career (and he will have one) he needs to just go away until the fervor has died down.

In my head, it makes sense. Why would Randall escape punishment when (totally IMO) his ejection was for something just as bad, if not worse, and caused significant injury (when Myles didn't).

Step 1 - Make the whole incident about 1 person.
Step 2 - Pile on to show that you've done something.
Step 3 - Major news outlets need to get in line.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:51 PM
Oh, one more thing.

My Garrett color rush jersey has been ordered and is in the mail!
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 01:57 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Then yesterday morning... Within mere moments of the hearing starting, two stories about the Steelers were on the ESPN home page. One with Rudolph apologizing for his part and calling Garrett a good guy. The other with his coach doing the same. It seemed really strange, but for whatever reason - it gave me hope.

Nah, they were just told to get out in front of things, because Myles spilled the beans. They "haven't seen any evidence to support Myles' claim" because that mic recording has been on a flash drive in the NFL's Vault of Lies since last Friday.

The best proof out there is the back-tracking you noted above. From indignant and defiant to contrite and humble. Gee...I wonder why?

The NFL bias is real...the complaining on this board about that very thing has just been justified...again.

I'm not sure that Rudolph escaped suspension because he is white. I think it is because he is a Steeler QB. I think if he were black, asian or martian he still would escape suspension. JMO
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:09 PM
Karma rules. Let the reindeer games begin.
Posted By: s003apr Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:29 PM
I find it doubtful that the NFL can get the mic feed from the QB. Those feeds are controlled by the teams and are highly secure. There is no guarantee that they are even recorded.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:55 PM
I hope Garrett goes to court for an injunction and fights and drags this out as long as possible. The rules are there written by the NFL. The precedent has already been set for his act.

They however went against their on rules. They went against the standard punishment handed out in s ill molar cases. He can and should take this to court.

I know its probably best for the browns to just let it go accept it but it's not right and enough is enough. Garrett fight it.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:57 PM
I think the NFL rules about using the helmet as a weapon is in regards to spearing and targeting. I have been watching football a long time and I have never seen anyone do what Garrett did before. I wasn't on the field so I don't know if Rudolph used a racial slur or not. If he did, then he should be suspended also. If not, then Garrett looks like the perpetrator saying he was the victim. We may never know.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Squires
Rudolph plays the Bengals this week. Will have to wait another week for that punishment to begin.

They don't have Pouncey...who knows, in order to avoid the horrible skidmark of joining the embarrassing 0-16 club, especially as the 2nd team in the same division, the Bengals may see this as their one win of the season and ball out. It would certainly help us!

GO CINCY!
Posted By: mac Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 03:42 PM
Quote:

The Browns Organization was once again punk-slapped and told to get back in it's lane.

The Steelers have experience dealing with the NFL and they know what it takes to help themselves. They know how to apologize and admit their mistakes "publicly" to show remorse.

The Steelers know how to stroke Goodell's ego in an effort to get that 3 game suspension reduced to 2 games. They fall their sword and admit their wrong doing to Goodell and the NFL and it works.

I've watched the Steelers use this script over the years and top to bottom, from the owner to the headcoach to the players involved, they are all on the same page, bowing down to the NFL and their authority over all franchises

The Browns might want to try the Steelers way of sucking up to the NFL and Goodell in an attempt to get some more favorable treatment from the NFL.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 03:46 PM
I hope that the Browns crush "Old Red Nose" on the 1st play of the game, and let him know that it is just the start ..... and that they will continue to hit him as hard as they can, on every play they legally can. Talk trash right up to the edge of the rules. Tell him not to cry this time.

Then, also make sure our guys stay under control, no matter what he says back, or does.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: s003apr
I find it doubtful that the NFL can get the mic feed from the QB. Those feeds are controlled by the teams and are highly secure. There is no guarantee that they are even recorded.

Maybe not the QBs mic feed. Pittsburgh can simply say they weren't recording it. Other players are generally mic'd... NFL Films is authorized to “put microphones on any players that NFL Films selects,” but the rules are more specific for quarterbacks.
QB's are required to be mic'd at least once per season, other players can refuse after they have been mic'd four times per season.

Centers (Pouncey) are always mic'd... that's how we hear all the "Omahas". That mic feed goes directly to the NFL truck and is mixed for the telecast. The NFL owns NFL films and records everything for the possibility of future broadcast in documentaries, etc... None of that is controlled by the teams - it's all owned and controlled by the NFL... With a few disclaimers. That's where the rubber may meet the road in this instance.

Article 51 instructs that sound captured for purposes of NFL programming can’t be used during the game in which the player is mic’d without his prior permission. In addition, the player (or his selected team representative) has the right to “embargo” any sound that the player views as “extremely sensitive or inappropriate.” Players can also embargo sound that reflects confidential communications or discussions that could place the player or his team at a competitive disadvantage. Players have 24 hours upon receipt of the sound to issue an embargo. If they do so, the objection would be directed towards NFL Films.

Instead of a clear explanation, what we get in Cleveland, and fans across the nation hear is:
"We looked into it and found no such evidence"

Which is conveniently read as: Myles Garrett is a liar.
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: s003apr
I just wonder if Tomlin heard Mason say something over the mic in his helmet. Aikman said during the broadcast he saw Tomiln telling Mason he is done but he never pulled him from the game for the last play
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:09 PM
I suppose one has to consider giving thought to the possibility that Garrett isn't what he comes across as...
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:36 PM
Does anybody else find it odd Rudolph has had a lawyer speaking for him since the get to?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:52 PM
J/C

1. No evidence found does not mean it did not happen. It means the NFL is playing coy. They know how that will come across, but they know there IS a tape somewhere, and they know there is a POSSIBILITY it will be released. If it does get released, they can play dumb and say, "well never said there wasn't evidence, we just said we did see any". See how that works for them?

Believe me ladies and gents, with parbolic mic's, players wearing mic's, the refs are typically mic'd, nationally televised game.....there is audio of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was VIDEO of him mouthing it as well. I saw on twitter the LAST FRIDAY someone said at the stadium they showed a reply and you could see it mouthed, and then they never showed that angle again.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:52 PM
Does anybody else find it odd Rudolph has had a lawyer speaking for him since the get to?

Not at all. The one time he's been allowed to talk freely he's sounded like a complete butt, and that's being kind.

Even various peoples' efforts to filter him have had marginal success.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

1. No evidence found does not mean it did not happen. It means the NFL is playing coy. They know how that will come across, but they know there IS a tape somewhere, and they know there is a POSSIBILITY it will be released. If it does get released, they can play dumb and say, "well never said there wasn't evidence, we just said we did see any". See how that works for them?

Believe me ladies and gents, with parbolic mic's, players wearing mic's, the refs are typically mic'd, nationally televised game.....there is audio of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was VIDEO of him mouthing it as well. I saw on twitter the LAST FRIDAY someone said at the stadium they showed a reply and you could see it mouthed, and then they never showed that angle again.

I'm not TMZ fan at all... but if there was ever a time to root for them....
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
J/C

I'm not TMZ fan at all... but if there was ever a time to root for them....
I have been tweeting them nonstop. This is outrageous, and frankly I think it is for BOTH parties (let me explain)

1. If Myles is lying, and I was Mason, I would want the NFL releasing every recording they have. Prove I didn't say it, save my arse on the field and possibly my future.

2. If Myles is NOT lying (which I think is the case), then his reputation is being attacked by them covering this up.

The ones trying to move on the fastest (Mason and the Steelers so far it seems) to me would be the guilty parties. They went from in your face pressers about this incident, to being very coy and compliant. THEY are hiding something, and it will COME OUT.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
I think the NFL rules about using the helmet as a weapon is in regards to spearing and targeting. I have been watching football a long time and I have never seen anyone do what Garrett did before. I wasn't on the field so I don't know if Rudolph used a racial slur or not. If he did, then he should be suspended also. If not, then Garrett looks like the perpetrator saying he was the victim. We may never know.

it has happened. there are plenty of videos out there that have been shared in the last few weeks last one I think was a few years ago.2013?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I suppose one has to consider giving thought to the possibility that Garrett isn't what he comes across as...

I thought this before this incident.

I'm not saying Myles is a bad person or that I thought he was a bad person, but he constantly demonstrated an immaturity in games. He always talked about individual goals and not team goals. But hey, he likes poetry and dinosaurs so he must be a gentle giant.

Myles put himself before the team. That is the root issue. It all starts with that. He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.

Now a completely separate issue is his punishment. I don't agree with his punishment or that the punishment fits the crime. Make it definite and not beyond this year and be done with it. The guy made a mistake, he deserves to be punished, he should accept the punishment, and work to not allow that to happen again when he returns. But to be held captive by Goodell and the NFL and some lame ass former players like James Thrash … that's preposterous.

Again, if I were Myles I wouldn't let any man or organization hold me hostage. Retire and sue.

Oh and if there are still MKC supporters left (and I know within the righteous and indignant crowd here there are), please go watch and listen to Wilks presser from yesterday. Watch it the whole way through.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:19 PM
I hope if you are ever called in for jury duty that you are dismissed as a possible juror.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:20 PM
J/C

Yes. But the NFL owns and controls all of the audio, the networks aren't even afforded the audio form the center's mic - it is mixed in an NFL truck for the telecast. Networks are provided the feed for players that are "mic'd up" but anything that is broadcast must be okayed by an NFL official, on site, on game day.

We'll never hear anything...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:20 PM
Because?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:21 PM
Because you seem to draw conclusions based on very little evidence.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:23 PM
Which conclusions were those?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:31 PM
He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:47 PM
Myles has demonstrated immaturity during games. Mostly from a discipline standpoint -- until Thursday, obviously.

Myles has stated his goal of DPOY since he was drafted. Everybody has personal goals, this league would be crap if they didn't. When you voice them, people ask about them... responses are repetitive and invite scrutiny. For whatever reason, I cringe nearly every time a player names a "personal goal".

Myles got off to a hot start, "his goal" was repeated in the media and he was questioned about it frequently. It reached overload status during Rams week -- with the inevitable comparisons to the man who holds the crown now. And let's be honest, when you are having a DPOY type season (which he was) it gets repeated even more.

"That’s the only way to stamp your name in the history books," Garrett said. "To be the best defensive player, you’ve got to win DPOY. That’s always a goal but if I don’t win that, they’ll talk about being a team player and taking my team to Super Bowls."

TBH, I feel like most of this type stuff gets blown out of proportion because we here it ad nauseam.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 05:51 PM
And I think there’s plenty of motivation for the NFL to keep any slurs Rudolph May have made under wraps. One, it’d look bad for the Steelers and that can’t happen if possible... but think of the timing: with Kaep out there bringing race front and center (I know it was a workout but the issue comes with him) the last thing the NFL needs is to get embroiled in that topic and what they plan to do with Rudolph. Unfortunately one would think this would have motivated ether league to be much more rational in its punishments.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Because you seem to draw conclusions based on very little evidence.

rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:13 PM
Just a quick question.Okay, maybe a few questions. wink

Wouldn't Myles being the defensive player of the year help the entire team? I mean if he played so well he received that award, wouldn't the entire team benefit from that level of play?

If Baker said he wanted to offensive player of the year or MVP, wouldn't that level of play benefit the entire team?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:15 PM
Some ignore the evidence and seem to find humor in the fact they do so.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:19 PM

Wouldn't Myles being the defensive player of the year help the entire team? I mean if he played so well he received that award, wouldn't the entire team benefit from that level of play?

If Baker said he wanted to offensive player of the year or MVP, wouldn't that level of play benefit the entire team?

I’ve never interpreted Myles as a me first guy. I have no problem with him vocalizing a goal especially when that goal is exactly the same as everyone around hims expectation.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:26 PM
I hope if you are ever called in for jury duty that you are dismissed as a possible juror.
He would be a great juror, he can spot a guilty person in seconds!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:28 PM
J/C

I wonder how the NFL wants to explain there was no audio when thee was a mic pointed right at the fight.

Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:29 PM
Right at Mason

Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:29 PM

Of course. Everybody would love to have an MVP on their team. I guess the only exception would be a WR that never cared to block or lolly-gagged through routes when he wasn't the primary receiver. Apply that mentality to any position and you can see how an uber-talented player may be a detriment. Obviously that type of player would jump off the screen as being selfish as well. Can't say I've ever had that inkling watching Garrett.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:32 PM
Are you sure it's me that's ignoring the evidence?

Why are we here? Who's actions put Myles and the team in the position they are in now?
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:37 PM
Why are we here? Who's actions put Myles and the team in the position they are in now?

That's one point that no one can argue. All the cliches fit... Selfish, stupid, careless, dangerous, and very detrimental to the team. It will be up to Myles to make sure that's not his legacy. I, for one, have full confidence that he will. I've seen nothing in his past, or his demeanor as a human to say that he can't or won't.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:38 PM
There is a stark difference in whose actions caused us to be in the position we're in and the motivation on the part of that player. Here's the statement you made....

Quote:
He puts himself before the team consistently on the field. That's why we are here. We are here because Myles cares more about himself than his team and teammates.

There is zero evidence to suggest that was the motivation behind what transpired. Zero.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:50 PM
They say that there is no audio in the sense that what they do have doesn’t show Rudolph saying it? Or are they saying there’s no audio like there’s no video of Epstein’s killer because the cameras were not on?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 06:50 PM
rofl
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 07:06 PM
They say that there is no audio in the sense that what they do have doesn’t show Rudolph saying it? Or are they saying there’s no audio like there’s no video of Epstein’s killer because the cameras were not on?
From what's being reported by MKC, they said last night that no players were wearing mic's, then they said they didn't "listen" to audio. So there are conflicting reports from the NFL.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 07:29 PM
From what's being reported by MKC, they said last night that no players were wearing mic's, then they said they didn't "listen" to audio. So there are conflicting reports from the NFL.

There are always players wearing mics. Centers wear mics for every game, not some games, every game. They're built into their pads, that's how we get audio from the QB at the LOS. If they say there wasn't any available - they're lying. If they say they didn't listen to it - they're lying.

With the rule in Article 51 of the agreement with the NFLPA, the point is mute. "In addition, the player (or his selected team representative) has the right to “embargo” any sound that the player views as “extremely sensitive or inappropriate.”
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:14 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:18 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Reserves the right to rule on additional discipline??

In other words...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:27 PM

In other words...

If, after Garrett meets with Gooddell in the offseason and gets additional games off (extending into the next season), Garrett would appeal that and that would be heard by Thrash. That's how I read it and makes sense to me.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:31 PM
Well, Thrash reserving the right makes it sound like "Don't cross me boy!" Probably just me... I'm getting a bit paranoid about this whole thing lol.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:32 PM
I agree, it's oddly worded. I choose to leave it at that.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I agree, it's oddly worded. I choose to leave it at that.
I read it that after the meeting with Goddell - if further discipline is handed down, he can appeal that.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:54 PM
I hate the bozos that run the NFL.

They have their favorites and despise their less favorites.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:55 PM
j/c

The NFL has sent a message loud and clear about how they feel about player safety.. it's ok to start fights, just don't try to win them.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 08:56 PM
Don't be the one that grabs the headlines.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

it has happened. there are plenty of videos out there that have been shared in the last few weeks last one I think was a few years ago.2013?
There are plenty of videos of helmet to helmet hits but haven't seen a video of another player doing what Garrett did. I would like to see one.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:15 PM

Thus saith football demigod.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:17 PM

In other words...

We will tell you when we want to see you dance again. Until then, STFU.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:20 PM
Look. They are out there. Even the Albert haynesworth vid where he pulled the helmet off, then cleated the guy in the head.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:30 PM
There is a stark difference in whose actions caused us to be in the position we're in and the motivation on the part of that player. Here's the statement you made....

Quote:

There is zero evidence to suggest that was the motivation behind what transpired. Zero.

The evidence is the action. There's no more evidence that's needed.

On a side note, I don't think Garrett ever takes another snap in the NFL.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:31 PM
My Bad, They got me.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/22/19 09:33 PM

Quote:

If they lifetime ban a 23 year old kid from the NFL for that, while letting women beaters have second and third chances, I’m out.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 12:17 AM

Quote:

How 'bout I give you 10-1 odds and you put $100 where that pie-hole lives. naughtydevil
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 12:48 AM
That'd be a super safe bet - give him odds of 100-1. If it truly goes badly for MG - the Browns will release him or he would retire. Patriots would sign him out of retirement or after his release .... he'd be playing again in a month.

There is no way MG is banned for life.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 02:26 AM
J/c

I typically like Bill Burr so I’ll give it a listen, thanks
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 03:33 AM
Garrett Part 4

A Quinn Martin Production...
Posted By: BrownMoose Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 03:53 AM
Well I've certainly come around since my first 'how can we root for Myles again' haha.

This boils down to bad optics. And I was simply shocked by the bad optics.

I'm pretty sure Myles is a great dude, this wasn't BS assault, that ahole Mason probably baited Myles all along.

I mean, Mason reacts exactly how someone who was trying to elicit something all along by raising his hands up right after.

Who does that?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 04:04 AM
Why would they ban him for life over an action that didn't even cause injury? Myles was wrong but it looked a lot worse than it was and Rudolph instigated the whole thing. If this happened to a Steeler, Patriot or Cowboy he probably wouldn't even have gotten the 6 games.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 05:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Why would they ban him for life over an action that didn't even cause injury? Myles was wrong but it looked a lot worse than it was and Rudolph instigated the whole thing. If this happened to a Steeler, Patriot or Cowboy he probably wouldn't even have gotten the 6 games.

I believe Rishuz thinks Myles should retire and sue, not get banned for life.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 01:42 PM
The networks should revisit the replays and show the complete scene to the public with full audio and in slo mo.
Posted By: Knight Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 02:28 PM
I read somewhere that Garret was appealing his suspension again based on the fact that there was precidence for his actions. I guess in 2013 I think Antonio Smith wacked Ritchie Incognito with his helmet and I believe Smith only got suspended two preseason games and one regular season game. Not sure on all my facts but here is the video of the incident.

Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 02:32 PM
Huh. First I had seen that. Nice big uppercut to the face with the helmet!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 02:42 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I hope that the Browns crush "Old Red Nose" on the 1st play of the game, and let him know that it is just the start ..... and that they will continue to hit him as hard as they can, on every play they legally can. Talk trash right up to the edge of the rules. Tell him not to cry this time.

Then, also make sure our guys stay under control, no matter what he says back, or does.

I'd send an all blitz his way, first play.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 05:23 PM
I have not been pouring over the video with an obsession. But When seeing it again this morning on Sportcenter, I noticed somethings I didn't before.

First and foremost. (and I briefly mentioned this before) Thank God for David Decastro. If he hadn't been there, this could have been extremely ugly. He did all he could to diffuse the situation and keep the players separate. Even after the swing he tried to control the situation and even tries to cover Garrett when Pouncey is taking his swings. You can see that Garrett isn't fighting against Decastro while on the ground or trying to get him off. I wish there was more narrative about what he tried to do. Instead of promoting what people are trying to do right...the narrative is about blame, and negativity.

Secondly, Once the helmet was taken off and Decastro is moving Garrett away...Rudolph comes after Garrett 2 more times before the helmet swing. The first time he hits Garrett in the groin (the second attack to this part of Garrett's body). Now Mason can make the argument that he was trying to reach for his helmet. But (and I can admit some bias here) from my interpretation...Mason's arm did not go straight to the helmet but reared back first. He "wound up". And if he was reaching for his helmet his aim was consistent with his performance in the game. But the thing to take away from this is that Mason comes after Garrett, hits him in the nuts...and he DID NOT retaliate.

Decastro then positions himself between the 2 and Rudolph comes at Garrett AGAIN. Rudolph continues his own "rage" and keeps making advancements on Garrett. So if we are keeping count, this is the 4th attack on Garrett. The helmet pull, the groin kick, the groin punch, and now this. And this is when Garrett finally swings the helmet.

Now attack 3 and 4 are Bang Bang and most might take the view of it as a single attack...but there was opportunity after #3 for Mason to stop.

My point of all of this is not about excusing Garrett. But rather to show more argument against the lack of punishment to Mason Rudolph.

Let us be clear. This whole situation for the NFL is not about justice. It is about PR. And the Steelers are playing that game better than the Browns. But I will get to that later. The current PC narrative is that it is a worse action to to retaliate than to instigate. The other issue that goes against Garrett is that the retaliation was far more violent than the instigation. But we have a 230# QB vs a 285# DE. Is this really going to be a surprise?

The NFL is making an example of Garrett. This satisfies a PC Culture and attempts to make a statement to curb these actions from happening again. But by only punishing the retaliator and not the instigator, they ensure that this situation will happen again. By only punishing the retaliator, their message is that the retaliator is the CAUSE of the incident. This alleviates the hindrance towards the instigator of continuing to instigate. If the NFL really wanted to curb these situations, they would be making an example of Rudolph as well. Instead, they turn Mason into a victim. And if Mason is the victim, they cannot allow the accusation of "racial slur" to taint that. This is not about dealing with what actually happened, but rather to shape the incident into an acceptable narrative for today's culture.

This is a culture issue. Today's culture is over-reactionary(ironic isn't it). The current PC narrative pushes an idea that there is NEVER AN EXCUSE for retaliation. You always have the option of walking away. You control your actions, you cannot control another's actions. I understand that point of view...and there is some validity to it. But I don't agree with it. I do not agree with "NEVER AN EXCUSE".
11 million people had their lives taken from them, including 6 million Jews, because of that kind of thinking in the 1940's. I try not to hold onto "absolutes" like "never". This is not to say Garrett could not nor should not have walked away...he definitely could and should have...But what is the acceptable number of attacks upon yourself before you do retaliate? you cannot answer that...it is completely subjective.

I think the thing that today's culture does not get or understand is that JUSTICE applies to ALL PARTIES INVOLVED and not just the victim. To take this to an extreme example...would the death penalty be considered justice for the crime of petty theft? Of course not. But an argument can be made that this is exactly what is happening with the pariah treatment of Myles Garrett. Some even on this board have expressed the idea that Myles may have played his last game in the NFL....ever. Is that justice?

I mentioned the Steelers are playing this PR game better than the Browns. And that is very apparent. For example...when you are in a car accident, what is it that attorneys and insurance companies tell you to do? They tell you to never admit fault at that time. Even if you are at fault. By doing so you are putting yourself at a HUGE disadvantage. And the Browns have done the very same thing. They believed they were getting out in front of the situation by apologizing to the Steelers AND Mason Rudolph. But instead they have now accepted responsibility for the CAUSE of the incident and have thrown Myles Garrett under the bus. The Steelers know exactly who instigated and escalated this incident. But have you seen the Steelers organization apologize to the Browns for their part? From the very beginning they did not claim responsibility (nor did they deny it) and they let the Browns fumble over themselves. Even in Mason's apology (which was not even factual of the events), he only mentions "his part" and not exactly what "his part" actually was.

This whole situation is a travesty. It is a travesty that Myles Garrett was stupid in his actions. It is a Travesty that Myles is being treated so harshly. Especially when considering his past and the precedence's set on previous aggression's of this type by others. But it is even harsher because it is a travesty that Mason Rudolph is essentially being let off the hook with what will be a fine of 15K-20K (from reports I have read). Myles Garrett is going to lose MILLIONS...this is justice??? It is a travesty that today's culture is pushing this narrative...and it is a travesty the Browns put Myles behind the blackball (unintentionally) in trying to appear as the responsible party that owns up to that responsibility. They gambled poorly that society would value that. I mean they were already apologizing before anyone truly understood what actually happened. Their "support" of Garrett is a little late to the party.

If we as a society truly wanted justice we wouldn't be judging this incident 2 seconds after happened. We would have seen Garrett, Pouncey, Ogunjobi, and especially Mason Rudolph suspended and fined appropriately. We would be saying more about David Decastro and pushing the narrative of the peacemaker. But sadly, we as a society do not...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 06:04 PM
Good post. After reading it I'd like to add another thought.

In addition to all the issues you identified there is also the Browns factor. Since the Browns are losers and have been for a long time, it's easier to give them the short end of the stick without a lot of backlash. We are a laughingstock and this is just another in a long line of events for the world to laugh it.

There are two ways to combat this...one, start winning. The other I wouldn't mind seeing is the Haslams doing an about face and instead of cowtowing to the NFL throughout this whole ordeal, change course and consider fighting this treatment aggressively through any of a number of mecahnisms...through the media, legal system, whatever.

Someone has to stand up to Roger Goodell. It's amazing in today's world that someone so corrupt can operate out in the open without fear of repercussion. He has so much unchecked power and it's so consistently abused and he just continues to operate with impunity. The general public doesn't care because it's the Browns. Maybe the Haslams should.
Posted By: Dave Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 06:15 PM

Rudolph's fine had been reported as $35K earlier this week. Was it increased?

Schefter's tweet from 11/17 ...

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 06:18 PM
That's basically no punishment.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 06:21 PM
That'll teach him.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 07:04 PM
Cannot disagree with anything you said. Very well stated as well.

Now that the numbness of this whole situation is beginning to subside, I've come back to just being very disappointed with Garrett.

Society loves a villain. Myles complied. Although I think the punishment is excessive, the same "culture" you speak of immediately becomes another reason for the NFL to strike hard. Another notch in their belt to show their deep concern for player safety and specifically - cranial safety. Truth be told, it would be a stupid move as a business entity, to treat this any other way.

David Decastro's example casts an even heavier shadow on Myles' actions. The calm and level-headed approach to absolute chaos. It seems that if Myles just had a small part of that psychological fortitude, in that moment, things would have been much different.

That panzy is trying to rip your helmet off? Just jump up laughing at him... Put your arms in the air and let your rabid fans sing Rudolph his "good-bye lullaby".

That would have been much more fun.

As far as the whole "equity" issue... Same as it ever was. You'd have to be a fool to ignore the disparity of how teams are disciplined in this league. This one reeks.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 07:53 PM
People used to complain that Baker was making himself a target.

Well, there is now a bigger target.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:19 PM
There was a black TV sportscaster that right after it happened said Rudolph must have said something for Myles to go off like that.

He was the first one I heard mention it. He said that is the only thing he could think of that would set Myles off like that.

He did not hear it from anyone he just said that is the only thing he could think of that would make him go ballistic.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Are you saying Myles’ johnson is bigger than Baker?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I wouldnt know about that, but Baker Brown might. brownie
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I wouldnt know about that, but Baker Brown might. brownie

Rudolph would know. He spent some time down there checking it out.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:42 PM
Lmao

This whole season has taken the wind out of my sails for an enjoyable season. This thing with Myles has sunk the boat.....
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 08:54 PM
Quote:
David Decastro's example casts an even heavier shadow on Myles' actions. The calm and level-headed approach to absolute chaos. It seems that if Myles just had a small part of that psychological fortitude, in that moment, things would have been much different.

Well Decastro had the luxury of not being attacked in that moment...I don't think there is a comparison...JMO
Posted By: Dave Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 11:03 PM
NFL's collective bargaining agreement (CBA) reportedly states that the first-time fine for violation of rules re: fighting is $35,096, which is what Adam Schefter initially reported would be Rudolph's fine.

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-mason-...-164759178.html

So why is he now being fined $50,000?

The only thing that changed since Schefter's report is that Myles Garrett's allegation of a racial slur by Rudolph during his appeal hearing was leaked. But the NFL said that no audio was available to support or refute Garrett's allegation.

I hope someone in the media asks the NFL to clarify why Rudolph's fine was in excess of the CBA's maximum allowed for a first-time offender. FWIW, his fine ended up being greater than Myles Garrett's ($45K).
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 11:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight
I read somewhere that Garret was appealing his suspension again based on the fact that there was precidence for his actions. I guess in 2013 I think Antonio Smith wacked Ritchie Incognito with his helmet and I believe Smith only got suspended two preseason games and one regular season game. Not sure on all my facts but here is the video of the incident.

Thanks for posting that.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 11:32 PM
Glad Rudolph was fined. Should have been suspended at least 3 games also.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 11:46 PM
Glad Rudolph was fined. Should have been suspended at least 3 games also.

Rudolph was just having a ball out there.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/23/19 11:54 PM
I am absolutely stunned. I'm a Union guy, I see how things go at my job. There are guidelines and rules in place and they are adhered to with regards to discipline, promotions, time off, vacations and everything in between.

I could swear there was language in the CBA regarding helmets as weapons.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:06 AM
Poor Richie.
Posted By: Knight Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Knight

Thanks for posting that.

Anytime, and I like how the media is all that has never happened before..well it looks like it has. But that wasn't a bonk on the head with the bottom of the helmet that was an uppercut to the face with the crown. However I'm sure Ritchie Incognito can take a better shot than Rudolph.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:22 AM

Poor Rudolph with his nose so bright...
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:48 AM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
There was a black TV sportscaster that right after it happened said Rudolph must have said something for Myles to go off like that.

He was the first one I heard mention it. He said that is the only thing he could think of that would set Myles off like that.

He did not hear it from anyone he just said that is the only thing he could think of that would make him go ballistic.

I was listening to this Yellow sportcaster the other night and he said pee.Rudolf must haved peed on Garrett to get that reaction.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:53 AM
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

I was listening to this Yellow sportcaster the other night and he said pee.Rudolf must haved peed on Garrett to get that reaction.

Well, he definitely pissed him off. smirk

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 05:35 AM
Quote:
I wouldnt know about that, but Baker Brown might.

damn, grrl.
rofl
Posted By: runback Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 06:29 AM
Is Myles allowed to travel with team and be on the sideline?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 07:08 AM
Originally Posted By: runback
Is Myles allowed to travel with team and be on the sideline?

I would think that he is allowed no contact while under suspension.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 10:39 AM
That's basically no punishment.
i thought that too .. fines to the players probably doesn’t mean nearly as much as a punishment should
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 12:10 PM
I thought it was absolutely no contact, but now that you ask I am not 100% sure.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 01:18 PM
He's suspended.

He's not allowed anywhere near his teammates or browns stadium.

Although it would be cool to see him in a suite as Niles Jarrett and the stadium cheer his presence.

But no. He's not allowed in the stadium.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 02:03 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steel...s-during-brawl/

Rudolf fined $4k more than Garrett.

I’m thank full for no suspension. Wink wink
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 03:15 PM
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think some of the NFL Small Market teams (Browns, Saints, Lions, Bills, Jags, Titans, Bengals, and Colts) Owners need to meet with Vince McMahon and come to some sort of an agreement on a new league(Which im sure Vince would be more than happy to work with them) and these 8 teams just pull out of the NFL completely and be these 8 owners be the HUGE injection of money and capital to form a league that can outright compete with the NFL.

the NFL has been allowed to do WTH it wants for far too long, and has become a watered down league because of the lack of competition.

all 8 of these small market teams listed have been continually screwed over by the NFL for the better part of 20 years, look no farther than the NFL blantly screwing the Saints out of a Super Bowl berth last year.

Im sorry but its longer overdue for the re-establishment of the AFL. Those 8 owners, along with Vince creating another 8-12 teams...we will have a real competitor to the NFL, and those 8 NFL owners have enough capital to compete and bring in real big name players to its league. The fact this new league will have the old school 1980's rules where you will actually be watching "real football" instead of refs throwing flags all the time, this league will dig the NFL grave in 7-8 years.

Its long overdue, it needs to happen.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:11 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:14 PM
Typical .. so why not just say he’s suspended 6 games then? To prove a point that they didn’t lessen their original suspension?
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:29 PM
I am going to buy everyone of my family and friends Garrett Jersey's for Christmas as a way to show the NFL I support Myles.

I know he went to far but I believe that he was provoked, and his temper got the better of him. He is IMO as fine a young man as any that play in the NFL.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Typical .. so why not just say he’s suspended 6 games then? To prove a point that they didn’t lessen their original suspension?

"The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there's a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources."

What on God's green earth does that even mean?? The only thing that can be surmised is that he better do some serious a$$ kissing when they sit back down.

What a FARCE.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:36 PM
Oh yeah... And "shut up and stay in your lane until then".
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 04:46 PM
Exactly. The 6 game suspension is more than enough so why would you make a statement like this and allow it to fester longer? In my life experiences I have come to the conclusion that many people that are in high positions don't have a clue and don't belong there. I'm getting that feeling about the ones that run this league.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 05:21 PM
Oh yeah... And "shut up and stay in your lane until then".

This is exactly what they are doing. Dont make waves, dont question us,dont appeal, dont sue, dont make US look bad. Be quite, be good, grovel then we will probably let you back in.

Its disgusting. It has nothing to do with discipline. It is all about control of image.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 05:33 PM
Quote:
What on God's green earth does that even mean?? The only thing that can be surmised is that he better do some serious a$$ kissing when they sit back down.

What a FARCE.

It means he needs to go back in and do his best linda Lovelace impression if he wants to play next year notallthere
Posted By: Dave Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 05:38 PM
They are saying "Ix-nay on the acial-ray ur-slay stuff, capische?".
Posted By: Pittfan43 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 09:03 PM
It was a solid effort by Myles Smollett but fortunately the league is far less gullible than the average fan. It was a desperate hail mary attempt to lessen his punishment, albeit a poor one.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43
It was a solid effort by Myles Smollett but fortunately the league is far less gullible than the average fan. It was a desperate hail mary attempt to lessen his punishment, albeit a poor one.

That's okay troll. We'll beat you down next week without him.
Posted By: Pittfan43 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43

That's okay troll. We'll beat you down next week without him.

You should. The Steelers offense is garbage without Ben. Their season was over 8 weeks ago.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 10:05 PM
But what about the Duck?

I'd rather have Rudolph playing.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 10:20 PM

"The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there's a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources."

What a FARCE.

It means that if he lets it drop and toes the line and allows this to just become an old story swept aside where Myles is the bad guy, then he will be back on time for next season, but if he keeps appealing things and keeps stirring the pot by bringing up things that make this a larger and messier story for the NFL to deal with, then they'll have little choice but to feel that he is not remorseful enough for his actions and he won't be reinstated.

"NFL is hopeful", my azz.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/24/19 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

What a FARCE.

It means that if he lets it drop and toes the line and allows this to just become an old story swept aside where Myles is the bad guy, then he will be back on time for next season, but if he keeps appealing things and keeps stirring the pot by bringing up things that make this a larger and messier story for the NFL to deal with, then they'll have little choice but to feel that he is not remorseful enough for his actions and he won't be reinstated.

"NFL is hopeful", my azz.

Bingo.

The only thing I'd say to Myles to maybe get in line with this is his suspension was always going to be until the end of the year no matter what. Everyone knew that the moment it happened. While I've advocating fighting this numerous times - and have also read that Myles and his family are investigating legal action - if the NFL is saying you're back week 1 next year, I'd let it drop.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 12:03 AM
I should be but I’m actually not amazed at all that any of you don’t see this with objective eyes. If this were any other team you’d be saying all the same things everyone else is saying. If you’re outside of the city of Cleveland this is so obvious.

He made football generally and the league itself look very very very bad in a super visable way at a time when football and the league are desperate to play down the violence and the physical dangers of the game. On a thursday no less, when there were few distractions. This was a massive facepalm in the league office.

They need him and this story to go away and they frankly don’t know how long it will take to die down. Having an immediate appeal and crying racism was exactly the wrong way to get it to die down. So very dumb.

They *think* it should blow over by next season but they don’t really know and a lot will depend on him. He and the team (and the Cleveland media) need to go super low profile on this. He and the incident need to be “that which we speak not of again”. Period. The whole fairness part of it is irrelevant and childish. See it for what it is; a massive PR gaffe that must be allowed to fade.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 12:33 AM
Myles is in this position because of Myles. I don't think that's in dispute.

But the handling of the case and the punishment is not equitable. This isn't the first time Goodell has been viewed as not being equitable. You have a corrupt individual intoxicated by the power of his position that continues to make decisions as judge, jury, and executioner without any checks and balances.

That's the part that I would consider fighting. Myles screwed up, deserves to be suspended, and hurt himself and the team. I don't think any of that is in question. And if there are any fans who aren't upset with Myles because of this, I'd suggest taking off your brown and orange colored glasses, setting them on the ground, and stopping on them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 01:16 AM

CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS USE HELMET TO HIT A MASON RUDOLPH PINATA BEFORE GAME (VIDEO)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/2...fore-game-video
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 01:41 AM
The league is a private organization. What’s “fair” is what they decide. The court of public opinion (and public dollars) is the only one that really counts and no one is paying much attention to anything other than that 1.2 seconds when Miles swings the helmet. Everything before and after is irrelevant noise. If he were on the Falcons or the Rams or whoever, we’d have paid attention for the day it was on rapid loop on ESPN and we, as unaffected fans of another team, would have drawn summary judgment and that would be that. Everyone thinks they’re different... and they’re not. All of this hand wringing about what Mason did and any of the others, what’s really a fair punishment (which should almost always be less in the eyes of browns fans... shocking!) is totally irrelevant. There’s nothing to fight. He’s done for the year. If he’s a good boy and the wind blows in the right direction he comes back as quietly as possible at the beginning of next year. That’s a best case scenario.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 01:46 AM
As much as I feel Mason Rudolph makes an exceptional pinata, that seems to be in poor taste.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:16 AM
I could not disagree more.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:47 AM
As much as I feel Mason Rudolph makes an exceptional pinata, that seems to be in poor taste.

I wasn't involved, I just posted it. wink
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:57 AM

Normally, I'd feel the same way.
I'm OK with this particular example.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 11:44 AM
The NFL needs Myles more than Myles needs the NFL.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:21 PM
You're right, but I still think it's hilarious.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
.....If he’s a good boy and the wind blows in the right direction he comes back as quietly as possible at the beginning of next year. That’s a best case scenario.

That ain't happening. It will be the talk of the week when he returns, and all this will get rehashed. I would not be surprised if it is scheduled so his first game back is against Pitt.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 02:55 PM
I need to add emoji Likes to this site just so I can come back and <3 that post.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

No, no they really don't.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 04:06 PM
Any bets on when this meeting will take place?

The Browns fan in me thinks it will be well after the draft and probably late into training camp, just to screw with him and us more. As in, there's no way they meet in February. That would make free agency and the draft easier (not that we'd be replacing him, but maybe signing/drafting a backup would be in order if he's out the beginning AND he's a target for more future suspensions).
Posted By: FrankPitts Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 04:15 PM
The NFL is a "private" organization right up until the time they want the public to build and maintain the rather expensive facilities they need to conduct their private business in a manner that makes them googles of money.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 05:23 PM
League year starts on March 18th, 2020. That would be the absolute soonest they would rule on his eligibility. Hopefully they don't play the same games with him that they did with Gordon... Although I understand the deal with Gordon - repeat offender, annual headache.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Any bets on when this meeting will take place?

The Browns fan in me thinks it will be well after the draft and probably late into training camp, just to screw with him and us more. As in, there's no way they meet in February. That would make free agency and the draft easier (not that we'd be replacing him, but maybe signing/drafting a backup would be in order if he's out the beginning AND he's a target for more future suspensions).

Don't like quoting myself but I lost the EDIT capabilities.

"That would make free agency and the draft easier." If we knew his status before free agency and the draft. Not knowing, that would put us in a bit of a bind. If he's out for 4-6 to start and he's now on the "repeat offender" list, do we sign/draft a guy that can log a some games in his spot?

And yeah, if he hits a QB up high in week 7 next year, is that a fine or is he automatically suspended (see Vontaze)? He already had a problem getting flagged when he shouldn't AND also he did hit a bit late and hard some other times, so this could get very tricky going forward.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:10 PM
I thought it was A very bold move on Mrs. Haslam’s part to wear the cap with “95” on it at the game. Myles doesn’t have to worry about ownership having his back.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:14 PM

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I thought it was A very bold move on Mrs. Haslam’s part to wear the cap with “95” on it at the game. Myles doesn’t have to worry about ownership having his back.

Issued an apology to every living creature in existence,then wore a hat.Mixed message.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:33 PM
Nice signature the only problem is it's been "year one" since 1995, how many years is that. thumbsdown
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:41 PM

Issued an apology to every living creature in existence,then wore a hat.Mixed message.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about her wearing that hat yesterday.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:43 PM
Quote:

Did you ever consider that DeCastro heard what Myles heard and fully understood why Myles ripped his helmet off the way he did.. which is why after watching his QB get his helmet ripped off he was able to be calm and just try to usher Myles away from him rather than defending his QB in that moment?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: The Beast

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yea, Myles is one year away from about 6 years $140 million... Not sure where, other than the NFL, he's going to get that deal.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 07:54 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Did you ever consider that DeCastro heard what Myles heard and fully understood why Myles ripped his helmet off the way he did.. which is why after watching his QB get his helmet ripped off he was able to be calm and just try to usher Myles away from him rather than defending his QB in that moment?

Well, to be honest, not til now. I still think 9 of 10 players would be no where near as calm and non-combative after watching their QB get bashed over the head with a helmet. Besides that, unless MR screamed it out loud, I doubt DeCastro was close enough to hear it.

Food for thought though.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about her wearing that hat yesterday.

Maybe she has mixed feelings about doing all that apologizing, lol. Probably the only time we’ll see it.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 09:06 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Well, to be honest, not til now. I still think 9 of 10 players would be no where near as calm and non-combative after watching their QB get bashed over the head with a helmet. Besides that, unless MR screamed it out loud, I doubt DeCastro was close enough to hear it.

Food for thought though.

I don't know, DeCastro and Villanueva were standing pretty close by during the first scrum on the ground with the helmet ripping..

But until just now, I never noticed... DeCastro was actually protecting Garrett after the helmet swing. He took him down and was on top of him but he wasn't punching or kicking, he was just lying there, limiting what other Steelers were able to do...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/25/19 10:13 PM
This is the latest photo of Mason Rudolph taken Sunday night:

Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 01:13 AM
MASON RUDOLPH ALMOST SLIPPED UP & CONFIRMED HE CALLED MYLES GARRETT A RACIAL SLUR WHEN RESPONDING TO CLAIM
https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/2...to-claim-video/
By Darrelle Lincoln

The dreaded Freudian slip. It has gotten the best of us, but I’m sure Mason Rudolph would like a do-over on this interview.

Following the Steelers win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, the benched QB finally got his opportunity to respond to Myles Garrett claims that he used a racial slur that caused the brawl during the Browns-Steelers game last Thursday.

In his attempt to state how wrong Garrett was, Rudolph almost stated it was “totally true” before catching himself and stating it was untrue.

The NFL has already came out and cleared Rudolph of that claim, as they had nobody mic’d up
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 12:59 PM

Quote:

How 'bout I give you 10-1 odds and you put $100 where that pie-hole lives. naughtydevil

Ill put a 1000 at 10-1 he plays again as well.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 02:31 PM
Are you giving me 10-1?
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 02:38 PM
I am... Actually, we'll make that 20-1
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 02:41 PM
Are you giving me 10-1?
If you think Myles is not playing another down in the NFL, ill give you my house.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 02:56 PM
Are you giving me 10-1?
If you think Myles is not playing another down in the NFL, ill give you my house.

Be careful with semantics on this one...

I might say I think Myles is not going to play another down in the NFL just to receive a house. cool
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 03:12 PM
You should be careful, he just moved and could be upside down on that house and looking for a sucker. wink
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 03:26 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
You should be careful, he just moved and could be upside down on that house and looking for a sucker. wink
OH I AM!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 03:47 PM
I might take that bet just based on pure value alone.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 03:56 PM

I don't actually see it sending mixed messages at all. I can see how some might take it that way. But think about it for a moment.

Do you feel Myles hitting an unprotected player with a helmet was right? I certainly don't. There is no excuse for that type of behavior. I mean people may try to excuse by saying things like, "Rudolph started it", or "Rudolph used a racial slur". But neither of those two things excuse the lengths Myles went to.

So is an apology for his actions appropriate? In my mind, yes, it is.

But how many of us who feel that way, also feel the indefinite suspension is going too far? Once again I would be included in that group. Those two positions are not mutually exclusive.

I don't believe Myles is an inherently dirty player. I believe he just lost it for a minute and made one huge mistake. But man it was a big one. The Haslam's were right in issuing an apology for that. There's simply no place in football for such behavior.

But that doesn't mean you refuse to support him. That doesn't mean you can't feel the suspension was unfair. Often times in our life, most of us know people close to us that make mistakes. Sometimes huge mistakes. That doesn't mean we should ignore their mistakes. It doesn't mean we should dismiss their mistakes.

That also doesn't mean we should not be there to support them into setting things right and doing better moving forward.
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 03:57 PM
Good post Pit!
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 07:55 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-racial-slur-allegation-known-browns-report

Myles Garrett made racial slur allegation known to Browns, hoped it would stay under wraps: report

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett made the accusation that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph used a racial slur prior to their brawl at his appeals hearing last week.

Garrett’s indefinite suspension for hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet was upheld but he was quickly questioned about the timing of the allegation.

FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer attempted Sunday to clarify why Garrett made the accusation at the hearing instead of going public with it after their Week 11 game when he was talking to the media.

Glazer reported that Garrett told Browns personnel that Rudolph had allegedly used a racial slur against him but ultimately he thought the allegation would have been confidential at the appeals hearing.

“I got the sense that he wasn’t going to, that he didn’t want it out publicly because it would be bad for the league,” Glazer said during FOX’s NFL pregame show. “He just thought it was going to be confidential inside that appeals process.”

Garrett chose not to comment after the game after he was asked whether there was anything that was said to set him off. After the NFL upheld his suspension, Garrett said he knew what he heard.

“I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension,” Garrett said. “This was not meant for public dissemination, or was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed. I know what I heard. Whether my opponent’s comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact this has had on the league, the Browns and our devoted fans.”

The NFL reportedly hopes Garrett will return for Week 1 next season.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/26/19 07:58 PM
Quote:

The NFL reportedly hopes Garrett will return for Week 1 next season.
Weird, isn't it the NFL that's keeping him on suspension? lol
Posted By: jfanent Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 12:07 PM
Nice to see Myles with his teammates. I hope the NFL sees the goodness in this vs. calling it a violation of his suspension terms.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2019/11/s...nd-1130-am.html
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Nice to see Myles with his teammates. I hope the NFL sees the goodness in this vs. calling it a violation of his suspension terms.

As it does not appear to be a "Cleveland Browns" sponsored event. Rather it seems to be an event attended by some Cleveland Browns and other celebrities...I am not so sure the NFL could have a say in it.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 01:07 PM
Joe ‘Turkey’ Jones understands the Browns-Steelers rivalry, and how he’s connected to Myles Garrett

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11...es-garrett.html

By Scott Patsko, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio – When you’re Joe “Turkey” Jones, you don’t need to keep track of when the Browns and Steelers play. You just wait for your phone to start ringing.

Friends. Family. Former teammates. They’ll call. They always call.

“Always,” Jones said with a laugh. “It’s the play. Oh yeah.”

Jones retired from football four decades ago, then spent 30 years at American Airlines, and now, at age 71, enjoys his life as a grandfather in Florida. Through it all, the play has lived on as a symbol of the Browns-Steelers rivalry.

We’re talking, of course, about the fourth-quarter play in Week 5 of the 1976 season. Jones, a 6-foot-6, 250-pound Browns defensive end, corralled Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw with a bear hug, then picked him off the ground and sent him head-first into the turf at Municipal Stadium.

If you missed it back then, you’ve surely seen it since. It’s hard to escape when the broadcast of a Browns-Steelers game wants to lean into the rivalry angle. FOX showed it before the Browns and Steelers met in Cleveland two weeks ago.

And before that game was over, we had bookends of sorts for conflict between a Browns defensive end and the head of a Steelers quarterback. At one end, Turkey Jones and Terry Bradshaw. At the other end, Myles Garrett and Mason Rudolph.

The connection between 2019 and 1976 was easy to make.

“I understand how, with the rivalry, how it would all feed back to me,” Jones said. “That particular rivalry has been, and always will be, intense.”

Garrett figures to have a more accomplished career than Jones, a second-round draft pick out of Tennessee State who played seven seasons with the Browns between 1970 and 1980, an era before sacks were an official stat. Garrett, the No. 1 overall pick in 2017, already has a Pro Bowl under his belt and owns the second and fifth spots among the Browns’ single-season sack leaders.

But Garrett also owns a moment that is overshadowing the positives of his career. Jones knows a thing or two about that, not to mention what it’s like to be vilified in Pittsburgh.

There were mixed reactions from players when Jones and Bradshaw “got twisted up,” as Jones often describes it. The play resulted in a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty on Jones, who was later fined $3,000. (The Browns held on to win the game behind third-string quarterback Dave Mays.)

Plain Dealer reporter Chuck Heaton, in his front-page story the next day, described the penalty on the play as “a questionable call.” In the book “Legends by the Lake,” Jerry Sherk noted that “Joe didn’t have a malicious bone in his body. He never cheap-shotted anybody. It was more that Joe did not know his own strength.”

Talking to reporters after the game, Steelers center Mike Webster didn’t have a problem with it. “I saw Turkey drop him on his head,” Webster said. “Turkey made a helluva play. I can’t fault the guy.”

Steelers running back Franco Harris, meanwhile, said it was “uncalled for.” Steelers linebacker Jack Lambert had the strongest words for Jones: “I hope somebody breaks his neck,” he said.

Bradshaw was carted off the field after the play. Jones went to see him after the game, but was confronted by Bradshaw’s wife.

“She had some choice words for me,” Jones recalled. “And she had these two big goons with her. But I spoke to Bradshaw when he was on the table. He said, ‘Hey man, I understand. It’s part of the game.’”

Bradshaw suffered a spinal contusion on the play. He has said he had no feeling in his body for two days after the hit. He was back playing with the Steelers three weeks later.

Just like he did after the game, Jones says today that he had no malice toward Bradshaw.

“Playing professional football is an honor,” Jones said. “There’s a line that you don’t cross as far as trying to hurt anybody. In professional football that’s a no-no. You don’t go out there trying to intentionally hurt anybody. The emotions are high and you just do your job.”

Jones has no doubt he would’ve faced a suspension for such a play in today’s NFL. “In a heartbeat,” he said. Rules aren’t the only things that have changed since 1976. Instantly available highlights and social media outrage, two things that helped Garrett’s incident becoming national news, weren’t yet part of life.

But there was still a backlash. Jones got plenty of strongly-worded hate mail.

“I have a few letters left that I haven’t shared with the public, and I never will,” he said with a chuckle.

When the Browns traveled to Pittsburgh in 1977, more than a year after the incident, Jones didn’t stay in the same hotel with the rest of the Browns.

“It wasn’t something I thought about, like, ‘Gosh, here we go, we’re going to Pittsburgh. I’ve got to have security guards and all that stuff,’” Jones said. “I didn’t ask any questions, I just followed what they told me to do. They put me up in a separate hotel with a bodyguard and security people. I understood, but I wasn’t mature enough to really, really understand (the gravity of it).”

Jones didn’t get the sense any of the Steelers were looking for payback against him. Looking back now, he thinks media and fan reaction was louder than that of the players.

How Steelers players react in Garrett’s next game against Pittsburgh will be a major storyline in 2020. Garrett has accused Rudolph of using a racial slur during the melee, which also included Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey throwing punches and kicking at Garrett.

Based on people he has talked with, Jones believes Garrett “is a great kid, but this is a learning situation for him. You take your punishment, then get on back to business.”

The helmet swing, though, is sure to join the Browns-Steelers rivalry video montage. The key for Garrett is to make sure it’s not his legacy.

One play in 1976 has remained Jones’ football legacy. And it seems like he has come to terms with that. He is often asked to sign photos of the play during autograph events. And, more than once, he’s been asked to sign the photo so a Cleveland fan can send it to a relative in Pittsburgh. “Just to mess with their relatives,” Jones said.

“It’s part of the legacy. Wherever I go it’s been great. I’m happy to sign the autographs and the picture of that particular play,” Jones said. “It’s something that a lot of people identify me with.

Jones said he has golfed in Super Bowl events with Harris. He crossed paths with Lambert at a football game after both were retired and got a playful shoulder bump from the former linebacker. Jones has also played golf with Bradshaw’s brother, Craig, who has talked of getting Jones together with Terry for an autograph session. It hasn’t happened yet.

In fact, Jones said he hasn’t talked with Bradshaw since he retired.

Jones said he and his wife were flown out to California years ago so Jones could participate in a Jimmy Kimmel skit. At the time, Kimmel made NFL predictions each week for FOX’s NFL pregame show, which features Bradshaw. Jones’ skit also included William “The Refrigerator” Perry, and was slated to appear on Thanksgiving.

Jones didn’t see Bradshaw at the shoot, but said he made an effort to get word to him.

“Just to say, ‘Hey, let’s get together.’ Just to sit and talk with him, and maybe have a barbecue and everything,” said Jones. “I’m still waiting."
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 01:50 PM
Quote:
Do you feel Myles hitting an unprotected player with a helmet was right? I certainly don't. There is no excuse for that type of behavior. I mean people may try to excuse by saying things like, "Rudolph started it", or "Rudolph used a racial slur". But neither of those two things excuse the lengths Myles went to.

All fair comments...but...'the lengths Myles went to' is the deal-breaker for me...or maybe better worded as the mind-changer. That reads as if he went after Rudolph with helmet-swinging in mind...when the polar opposite appears to be more the case.

Rudolph started it...ok Myles...be the bigger man.

Rudolph kicked him in the groin...twice...ok Myles...be the bigger man.

DeCastro has Myles wrapped up...they are both engaged - not fighting as Myles is being the bigger man - AND retreating away from Rudolph.

THEN...Rudolph charges after Garrett...apparently inspects his package with his hand/fist rather than his foot...calls him a racial slur...and Myles lets him have it. Sorry...but Rudolph got exactly what he deserved and was asking-for.

This incident is reported-upon and commented-upon without the context that it deserves. The fight was O-V-E-R...and Rudolph made the choice to start it up again...charging at a guy who was R-E-T-R-E-A-T-I-N-G with a Steeler OL holding him just like they do play-after-play.

It's mind-bogging to me that Garrett is being portrayed as he is and Rudolph is viewed as some poor, poor victim.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 02:11 PM
Ultimately Garrett gets the final laugh. In 10-12 years he could be looking at posing for his bust in Canton. Rudolph will have been selling cars for a decade.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 02:33 PM
I wonder just how hard MG was laughing last Sunday....or how hard he’ll be laughing for at least the next 5 sundays .... i bet he couldn’t contain his laughter and hes having a ball .... thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 02:47 PM
Especially if the Browns lose a game where a pass rush would have been nice.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 02:58 PM
Diam, yes, Garrett is likely not laughing right now. That’s why my post stated ‘ultimately’, as in ‘when it’s all said and done career wise’.
In the short term, it sucks. No going back now. In 10-12 years this season will (hopefully) only be a small fraction of a much larger, more incredible, career story. And Rudolph will be getting a bonus for finally selling that lemon that’s been sitting on the lot to some unsuspecting fool.

As to us not having Garrett currently and having it hurt our team... sucks, but we’re not ready for the playoffs anyway. Next season he’ll be back. The team will have grown together. Hopefully our Oline will have been shored up.... hopefully we start out the season better and we’ll be off to the Isle once more.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 03:55 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Diam, yes, Garrett is likely not laughing right now. That’s why my post stated ‘ultimately’, as in ‘when it’s all said and done career wise’.
In the short term, it sucks. No going back now. In 10-12 years this season will (hopefully) only be a small fraction of a much larger, more incredible, career story. And Rudolph will be getting a bonus for finally selling that lemon that’s been sitting on the lot to some unsuspecting fool.

As to us not having Garrett currently and having it hurt our team... sucks, but we’re not ready for the playoffs anyway. Next season he’ll be back. The team will have grown together. Hopefully our Oline will have been shored up.... hopefully we start out the season better and we’ll be off to the Isle once more.

I have a car salesman client who regularly makes $150-$190k. Just sayin'.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 04:26 PM
So you do think Myles using his helmet as a weapon is justified?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 05:18 PM
but we’re not ready for the playoffs anyway.

I don't understand this line of thinking. You don't know what the future holds. And it's all relative to other teams in the league. You take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves in real time. The Browns, believe it or not, control their own destiny. Win out and you're in. Take advantage of the opportunity in front of you.

Baker could have a tremendous off season next year and get hurt in game 1 for the season. They're ready now. Now go and do it.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 05:49 PM
So you do think Myles using his helmet as a weapon is justified?

He was being attacked and was walking away...do I think he was justified in defending himself from being attacked...yes...yes I do. Still, I think he should be suspended for using his helmet to DEFEND himself. It's the context that is BS.

Do you think a person who is retreating and gets attacked has the right to defend himself?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 05:49 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I have a car salesman client who regularly makes $150-$190k. Just sayin'.

Sure, but it isn’t that second and third contract money. The ones with the extra zeros at the end.

I only used the car salesman reference as it’s a trope. Not as an insult to car salesmen. Besides, Rudolph will likely be selling women’s shoes and telling stories of his glory days ala Al Bundy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 06:18 PM
Do you think a person who is retreating and gets attacked has the right to defend himself?

I do. I've just never been one to make excuses for my own behavior when and if I've gone too far. It sounds as if we feel pretty much the same way.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 06:23 PM

I do. I've just never been one to make excuses for my own behavior when and if I've gone too far. It sounds as if we feel pretty much the same way.

I agree. My biggest beef are these:

The context of the event is largely being ignored in the media;

Rudolph gets no suspension...none. And Pouncey's gets reduced. while Garrett's is "indefinite".

It's BS.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 06:45 PM
I agree with you on all points.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 07:54 PM
He's going to be a fry cook at McDonald's.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 08:11 PM

I've never seen anyone use tongs like Myles is here. What a monster!...

Side note, PumpkinHead needs to go.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/27/19 08:15 PM

Gotta start off washing lettuce before being promoted to fry cook.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/28/19 06:39 PM

I once cooked chicken wings with Hanford Dixon at the BW3’s in Boardman, OH when I went to YSU back in the 90’s
Posted By: BADdog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/29/19 04:30 PM
Just occurred to me the NFL should ask Decastro if he heard anything he would have had to.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 11/29/19 05:37 PM
I agree, WSU Willie. This is punishment for the Browns, not discipline focused upon and limited to MG. The NFL has chosen to disrupt our ability to make informed and need-based decisions about current roster, PS as well, FA, and draft next year. These are overreaching "just" MG with the stoopid :indefinite' limiter. The NFL should recognize the lister needs of every club to compensate for penalties. And those should be defined. We do not levy "indefinite" fines for a reason. Fair says spell it out. And I support the ability of the NFL to discipline the league fairly. MG is not the only problem here by a far cry IMO.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/03/19 01:21 PM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/04/19 01:38 AM
Creative, I like it. Probably illegal, though.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/04/19 04:06 AM
Rudolph would say..He's only trying to put my helmet on...no game suspensions necessary Mr Gonads..I mean Rodger
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/04/19 04:21 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Creative, I like it. Probably illegal, though.

I wouldn’t pull him over for it.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/21/19 04:21 PM
Suspended star Myles Garrett has access to Browns headquarters restored

https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/201...arters-restored

BEREA — Myles Garrett is back in the building.

The NFL recently permitted Garrett to return to Browns headquarters during his indefinite suspension, and three of the star defensive end’s teammates told the Beacon Journal they’re thrilled to be reunited with him.

“In a time like this, you want to be around your brothers and you want to be around your teammates. This is like a family. So the more we can see him, the better,” cornerback TJ Carrie said Friday after the Browns (6-8) practiced for Sunday’s home finale against the AFC North champion Baltimore Ravens (12-2).

“I think the hardest thing is for players to be isolated in these situations because I think it gives them more time to think about the situations they’re in, which can lead to a downward spiral. So, man, I want to see him as much as possible.”

The NFL, which did not immediately respond to the Beacon Journal’s request for comment about Garrett’s return to the team’s training complex, suspended Garrett for at least the final six games of the 2019 season because he bashed Mason Rudolph over the head with the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback’s helmet as they fought late in the Browns’ 21-7 home win on Nov. 14.

The league doled out the suspension on Nov. 15 and announced appeals officer James Thrash upheld the discipline on Nov. 21. In the appeal hearing, Garrett accused Rudolph of calling him a racial slur before their brawl, an allegation Rudolph denied.

Garrett had been barred from the team’s training facility when the NFL suspended him, but a league source told the Beacon Journal that Garrett had his access restored within the last couple of weeks.

Garrett is prohibited from practicing or attending team meetings, but the source said he’s allowed to work individually with the club’s medical and training staffs.

With everything Garrett has gone through, he’s been a welcome sight in the locker room.

“He seems in high spirits, man,” Carrie said. “But at the end of the day, when he goes home, no one really is going to know the full effect.

“The year he was having was MVP-type caliber [season]. He’s still up there in sacks. He hasn’t played in games. I think this year would’ve been a huge year for him. I know that’s probably something that he thinks about pretty often.”

Free safety Damarious Randall said he talked to Garrett on Thursday.

“He actually told me that he works out five times a day,” Randall said. “I was just messing around with him, and I was just like, ‘Hey, if they said you could come back and play this Sunday, would you be ready?’ He was like, ‘Bro, I would be more than ready.’”

Garrett will be required to meet with the office of Commissioner Roger Goodell prior to a decision being made on his reinstatement. A Browns source told the Beacon Journal on Nov. 24 the franchise expects Garrett to be reinstated by the start of the 2020 season.

The NFL allowed running back Kareem Hunt to work out and receive treatment at Browns headquarters weeks before his eight-game suspension for violating the personal-conduct policy ended in November.

Now with assistance from the Browns, Garrett has a chance to pave the way for his eventual return.

“Just knowing the guy, I’d imagine obviously with the events that happened, probably getting away for a little while is a good thing just to clear your head and get out, hopefully stay away from all the media stuff, stay away from Twitter and all that jazz,” linebacker Joe Schobert said. “Then it’s been a couple weeks, and now you get back in and you’re with the guys who are really your family.

“He’ll be reinstated. You know what kind of guy Myles is. He’ll be ingratiating himself right back into the team, and it’ll be good for his psyche, and he’ll be ready to roll next year.”

The Browns have gone 2-2 since they lost Garrett for the season. The defense has been a shell of itself with a much less reliable pass rush.

“That loss definitely hurt us — to take away a top-10 player in the league like that. I feel he’s one of those guys,” Randall said with a big sigh. “It was just one of those unfortunate events.”

The first overall draft pick in 2017, Garrett ranked fourth in the NFL with 10 sacks in 10 games when his third Browns season ended. He was voted to the Pro Bowl last season, when he had 13.5 sacks.

The Browns have 37 sacks this season — 30 in 10 games with Garrett and seven in the four games since he was suspended.

“He’s a guy that you can’t replace,” Carrie said. “He’s a guy that offenses are always going to account one to two guys for, and that just frees up everyone else that’s on that front line.”
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/22/19 10:44 AM
That is a good sign. I think his status will be cleared shorty after the playoffs.

I can't imagine a suspension lasting in to next season.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/22/19 02:20 PM
They're already starting to chill out now that people are moving on.

Good sign
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 04:24 PM
I just want to point out what we have missed without Garrett the last five games:

In only 10 games played this season, Garrett had:

10 sacks
2 Forced Fumbles
29 Tackles, 20 solo
11 Tackles for Loss
18 QB Hits
29 Pressures (good for Top 30, still)

Heading into the last game of the season, he STILL leads the team in Sacks (by almost 2x!), TFL, and QBHits. Only Larry Ogunjobi even comes close to him on those last two and it took him 14 games to be in that position.

(also, a side note on Vernon: in only 9 games, he is in 3rd on the team for QB Hits and has as many TFL as Richardson, who has been phenomenal for us. The takeaway being that without Garrett and Vernon, only Ogun has really been hitting QBs... that leads to completions by backups)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 07:05 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 07:45 PM

Good thing we cut/traded away good depth for crappier depth.

#RosterTurnover
#NotEnoughTalent

And that also shows how awesome Myles Garrett is. And to think people wanted Trubisky.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 07:55 PM
Just averaging out his stats here’s what we’ve missed production wise in the past five games without Myles.
24.5 pressures
5 sacks (likely more since our competition was worse in the games missed, ie the bengals OL.)
14.5 tackles (most of these are short gains.)
5.5 TFL
9 QB hits (see the sacks comment)

Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 10:53 PM
Dumb Dorsey shouldn't have gotten rid of Avery.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/27/19 11:02 PM
Incredible stats make your side note even more telling for me.

Any backups we did not make look great? Just really hard to fathom.

Go, Browns! Carry Freddy.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 12:14 AM
People wanted Mitch .... rofl ..

By people u mean me .... you like being cute ... I’m more direct ... *L* ...

And not that FACTS matter to u ... But by draft day

I said we had to take MG cause he was a NO BRAINER ....

Tip of the hat to your boy Sashi ... one of about 3 or 4 things he did right ... thumbsup

Its really funny when u bash KJ after your love affair with the Sashter ... thats as funny as the dudes pimping for Mangini .... *L* .... i so miss the sashiettes ... *L* ....

Good Job Sashi ... on that one anyhow ... thumbsup.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 12:28 AM
No one want to talk about this purp ....

MG was selfish on that play ... there was no reason for him to be doing anything but playing patty cake with the LT on that play ... game was over .... he wanted STATS ...

IF he gets hurt on that play ... for what? ... it actually ended up worse but that was the mother of all flukes ....

I LOVE MG and he's a great dude ... but that was extremely selfish and it hurt him and our team ... that was the end of our playoff chances right there ...

No menZas im not blaming him for us not making the playoffs ... it was the final nail in the coffin we started assembling in week 1 ...

Lets just hope we have him for week 1 next year ... it will help my side of the debate as I’m sure my optimism will be met with hurricane force head winds after this year ... *L*

PS. We have plenty of talent and i am confident KJ will find even more ... thumbsup
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

MG was selfish on that play ... there was no reason for him to be doing anything but playing patty cake with the LT on that play ... game was over .... he wanted STATS ...

IF he gets hurt on that play ... for what? ... it actually ended up worse but that was the mother of all flukes ....

I LOVE MG and he's a great dude ... but that was extremely selfish and it hurt him and our team ... that was the end of our playoff chances right there ...

No menZas im not blaming him for us not making the playoffs ... it was the final nail in the coffin we started assembling in week 1 ...

Lets just hope we have him for week 1 next year ... it will help my side of the debate as I’m sure my optimism will be met with hurricane force head winds after this year ... *L*

PS. We have plenty of talent and i am confident KJ will find even more ... thumbsup

Selfish or not.. I want a guy who is going to play all out til the clock hits 0:00. If I'm a coach, and saw a player playing patty cake at the end of the game.. I'd be livid.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 01:19 AM
What we need are some veteran leaders who have won in the playoffs.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 02:31 AM
I completely disagree.... his sack attempt was legitimate and perfectly fine.
Play until the clock is at 0:00.

The selfish part was the rash and emotional helmet swing. That's it.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 11:15 PM
I completely disagree.... his sack attempt was legitimate and perfectly fine.
Play until the clock is at 0:00.

The selfish part was the rash and emotional helmet swing. That's it.

+1

Rip the helmet off and toss it into the stands. He’d get fined and be a hero, but swinging helmet was one of the dumbest And dangerous things I’ve ever on a football field.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 12/28/19 11:44 PM

The part about Garrett here is 100% spot on.
Posted By: savagedawgs Re: Garrett Part 3 - 01/03/20 11:27 PM
BUMP

Ian Rapaort tweeting Raiders CB Nevin Lawson suspended 1 game without pay for actions in last weeks game against Denver Broncos. He used his helmet as a weapon.

My take:
Seems fair.....Ridiculous!!!!

.Myles Garrett on line one for the commish.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 01/03/20 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: savagedawgs
BUMP

Ian Rapaort tweeting Raiders CB Nevin Lawson suspended 1 game without pay for actions in last weeks game against Denver Broncos. He used his helmet as a weapon.

My take:
Seems fair.....Ridiculous!!!!

.Myles Garrett on line one for the commish.

He didn't swing it at a helmetless player.

That said, Rudolph should have been suspended 2 games for allowing another player to take his helmet. In the military, you don't allow someone to take your weapon. You just don't allow that to happen, even when sleeping. You sleep with the thing. Gunpowder is your incense.

I am mostly kidding, but this suspension better not go on much longer.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/10/20 06:57 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/10/20 07:00 PM
j/c...

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/10/20 09:24 PM
Little doubt they will drag this out and make us wait as long as possible.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/10/20 10:59 PM
As long as he is back by mandatory camp.. I'm cool. If its anything longer than that, the NFL just playing games.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:22 AM
Counseling?
Well, they are turning it into a dog & pony show, aren't they?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:29 AM
I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face when talking to Goodell about counseling. Man is that guy the most low lifed self righteous piece of crap. So you completely emasculate a guy because of a mistake? I'd have a hard time not retiring if I were Myles based on principle alone.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 10:21 AM
I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face when talking to Goodell about counseling. Man is that guy the most low lifed self righteous piece of crap. So you completely emasculate a guy because of a mistake? I'd have a hard time not retiring if I were Myles based on principle alone.

It's the society we live in...I have to admit I would consider retiring as well.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 11:45 AM
This one time in Banned camp.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 12:15 PM
Counseling?

They sure are. It's ridiculous. I don't even agree with the ridiculously long suspension in the first place.

Garrett is held back by a linemen. He's attacked by Rudolph. He has one thing in his hand, a helmet.

It's like when you just got into a scuffle with a guy at a bar who has a beer bottle in his hand that he took away from you, and he's being held back, and you charge him. Then you wonder why you got hit in the head with a beer bottle.

If Rudolph's Helmet wasn't in his hands (which Myles had every right to have), Myles would have thrown a punch. He had a helmet in his hands, so he swung a helmet.

Yet, it seems like Myles got the brunt of all blame in all this. Steelers have become enemy Number 1 as far as i'm concerned (they were number two to the Ravens). It's what makes that second game we played against them all the more painful.

Can't wait for this to be over so we can get Myles back. I just hope he doesn't have some stupid label with the refs that he's a dirty player or something, so he starts getting flags everytime he's a half-second late to a freakin sack.

As far as i'm concerned: Pittsburgh started it, Mason Rudolph is a racist, the NFL is ridiculously biased and initiated a coverup. There it is. My take on the situation.

Now Free Myles Garrett!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 01:46 PM
So maybe MKC can tell us, or someone, why this "punishment" which has been way more severe than I thought was fair, is so mysterious. Says a lot about the NFL, especially Goodell, that we fire up the media circus for leaked info and releases, but the Browns and MG are not clear as to when this ends. Badly handled and milking this furiously seems purposed to something beyond the discipline of Garrett.

Let this man play and get the NFL off his back and out of his way. Not an AB type, after all.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 02:01 PM
...emasculate a guy because of a mistake?

If Myles has to attend some counseling appointments to avoid a further suspension, he better be thankful that's all he has to do.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember Myles, not Goodell, ripping the helmet off a QB and then bashing him over the head with it. He brought shame to the guys on the team, the coaches, the city, the franchise and the league.

This is still 100% all on Myles.

This board would be killing the player, team and league if this happened to the Steelers, Ravens or Bengals. Most would be complaining the player wasn't kicked out of the league forever. Since it's our guy, it's a farce that he was even suspended at all. Sorry guys, I just don't see how anyone can defend Myles for his actions.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 02:31 PM

If Myles has to attend some counseling appointments to avoid a further suspension, he better be thankful that's all he has to do.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember Myles, not Goodell, ripping the helmet off a QB and then bashing him over the head with it. He brought shame to the guys on the team, the coaches, the city, the franchise and the league.

And yet Nevin Lawson only got a 1 game suspension for doing the same thing in the season finale? That's the part that gets me.

Goodell talking about how completely unacceptable it was and laying the hammer down on Myles, then giving the next guy to do it less than 1/6 of the punishment.

link
Posted By: mac Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 02:46 PM
Interesting how NFL punishment varies...

Antonio Smith Suspended by NFL After Richie Incognito Fight

ROB GOLDBERG
AUGUST 19, 2013
Link

Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith should prepare for punishment after an ugly incident in Saturday's preseason game against the Miami Dolphins. According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the NFL is investigating the incident.

During the contest, the nine-year veteran got into a scuffle with opposing offensive lineman Richie Incognito. After the play, Smith ripped off Incognito's helmet and swung it at his face.

UPDATE: Friday, Aug. 23 at 2:15 p.m. ET

From ESPN.com's Tania Ganguli:

---End of update---

UPDATE: Friday, Aug. 23, at 12:15 p.m. ET

From Alex Marvez of Fox Sports 1:

---End of update---

UPDATE: Wednesday, Aug. 21, at 11:08 p.m. ET

From Alex Marvez of Fox Sports 1:

---End of update---

UPDATE: Wednesday, Aug. 21, at 1:05 p.m. ET

The NFL made its ruling on Smith official today, suspending him for the final two preseason games and Week 1 of the regular season:

Smith may attend team meetings prior to the next two preseason games but will not participate in practice or play in the Texans’ games on Sunday, August 25 against the New Orleans Saints and Thursday, August 29 against the Dallas Cowboys. Beginning on Saturday, August 31, Smith is suspended for Week 1 of the regular season and may not take part in any team activities, including the club’s game on Monday, September 9 against the San Diego Chargers. He will be reinstated on Tuesday, September 10.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport had more details about Smith's disciplinary record.

---End of update---

UPDATE: Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 3:51 p.m. ET

From ESPN's Adam Schefter:

---End of update---

UPDATE: Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 3:30 p.m. ET

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio provides quotes from Incognito regarding the incident:

“Football’s an intense game, it’s played with a lot of passion, blood runs hot, I’ve been there, I’m no choir boy,” Incognito told reporters. ”People lost their cool, just thank God no one got hurt.”

Incognito was mum regarding the specifics of the incident.

“You know I’m not really going to touch on anything like that, I’m moving past it and just moving on to the Tampa Bay game,” Incognito said regarding whether the helmet hit him in the face.

---End of update---

UPDATE: Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 1:36 p.m. ET

From ESPN's Adam Schefter (via ESPN's Tania Ganguli):

ESPN.com had more information about Smith's punishment:

He was also expected to be fined for the incident.

Even though the incident took place in a preseason game, the league decided it was appropriate to discipline Smith by forcing him to miss a regular-season game and to forfeit that game check.

Smith declined to talk about the scuffle, telling reporters after the game that he "took a blow to the head. I can't remember."

---End of update---

UPDATE: Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 8:10 a.m. ET

From ESPN's Ed Werder:

---End of update---

---Original Text---

Peter King of Sports Illustrated believes this should result in a suspension:

He is not alone. Miami head coach Joe Philbin is looking for a similar punishment, via Fox Sports:

Miami head coach Joe Philbin has already contacted the league about a possible fine and/or suspension.

The NFL could fine Smith as the helmet cannot be used as a weapon, by rule.

And there is history between the two: last season, Smith was fined $21,000 by the NFL - reduced to $11,000 after an appeal - for kicking Incognito while he was on the ground.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting the NFL is expected to suspend Smith for "up to two preseason games." The report states the NFL will announce the suspension on Tuesday.

Smith is coming off a great year where he totaled a career-high seven sacks for the Texans. He has played in every game in four seasons since coming over from the Arizona Cardinals in 2009.

Altogether, the former fifth-round pick out of Oklahoma State has totaled 36.5 sacks in his career.

Smith had this to say about Incognito in 2012, via Nick Mathews of the Houston Chronicle:

A dirty player being let to play dirty...Richie Incognito. Everything that’s illegal that can be done on the football field he does it, but mainly he was hitting people after the play, sliding down on your leg grabbing your ankle and trying to twist to break your ankle and he was doing it right in front of the referees and he was still in the game.

According to Dan Hanzus of NFL.com, Incognito said last year that his deviant ways are a thing of the past:

It's a label that has been with me since I was a younger player, when I quite frankly did play dirty and I would go after guys. ... So I think back then the tag was deserved. I have evolved, and I think that label still sticks. Once you're labeled with it, it's very hard to shake.

Smith clearly isn't buying it, and we'll learn soon enough if it will cost him any games.

Follow Rob Goldberg on Twitter for the latest breaking news and analysis.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 02:49 PM

This board would be killing the player, team and league if this happened to the Steelers, Ravens or Bengals. Most would be complaining the player wasn't kicked out of the league forever. Since it's our guy, it's a farce that he was even suspended at all. Sorry guys, I just don't see how anyone can defend Myles for his actions.

Myles is a meathead who cares about Myles. He does not care about the team. He deserved punishment.

The punishment did not fit the crime.

Both of those are true.

The rest of your post is melodramatic.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 02:55 PM
Quote:
Myles is a meathead who cares about Myles. He does not care about the team.

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 03:16 PM
Quote:

I don't think we can really say either way. I don't think it's anywhere near far-fetched as some of the other theories floated on here. I also don't really care if he is all about Myles.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
And yet Nevin Lawson only got a 1 game suspension for doing the same thing in the season finale? That's the part that gets me.

Goodell talking about how completely unacceptable it was and laying the hammer down on Myles, then giving the next guy to do it less than 1/6 of the punishment.

link

Where’s the video of the incident? Did he hit anyone? Was it on national tv for all to see? What was the context of him swinging the helmet?

I can’t find anything.

Plus, he’s not under contract for 2020 and it’s probably the end of his career.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 03:49 PM
The rest of your post is melodramatic.

Fair enough, but it doesn’t mean I’m wrong. thumbsup
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:42 PM
Was it on national tv for all to see?

I am not downplaying what Garrett did, but whether or not the incident happened on national TV should have no bearing on the punishment. Being a locally-televised blacked-out game does not make the situation any less dangerous.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:51 PM

I am not downplaying what Garrett did, but whether or not the incident happened on national TV should have no bearing on the punishment. Being a locally-televised blacked-out game does not make the situation any less dangerous.

Key word here is 'should', which brings us right back to bulldawg's and others' post.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:55 PM
Quote:

I'm an actions speaks louder than words guy.

He may be quiet. He may like dinosaurs. He may text his Twitter followers to meet up for a puppy play date. None of that matters. His actions put himself before the team.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:59 PM
I will add that I have no confidence that Myles will ever put the team above himself.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 04:59 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:00 PM
I'll add that I have no confidence that Myles will put the team above himself in the future.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:00 PM
Counseling?

Yeah, but this is a perfect person to make an example of. He's a high character kinda guy. That says, we (the NFL) don't care who the guy is, troublemaker or good guy, if they do wrong (and he did) we'll going to treat them all the same.

I hate it, but I understand it
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:11 PM
Quote:

He may be quiet. He may like dinosaurs. He may text his Twitter followers to meet up for a puppy play date. None of that matters. His actions put himself before the team.

I’m an actions speak louder than words dawg also ...

His words make him sound extremely selfish also ... he speaks of personal goals as opposed to team goals almost if not every single time ...

And the fact he wanted that sack so bad with 10 seconds left in a 20+ point games was an EXTREMELY SELFISH act ... he risked injury on a plat that literally meant nothing to get a notch in his belt ....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:20 PM

This is the conclusion people arrive at when they base their opinions on an isolated incident rather than looking at things as a whole.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:21 PM
What's the evidence to the contrary?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:23 PM
His entire life.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:25 PM
Really?

I'll ask again, what's the evidence to the contrary?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:27 PM
His entire life. There has never been an incident like this during his entire playing time as a youth or as an NCAA player. Never before as a pro. You do understand the concept of an isolated incident, right?
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:29 PM
Rish likes Myles about as much as mac like nerds.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Counseling?

Yeah, but this is a perfect person to make an example of. He's a high character kinda guy. That says, we (the NFL) don't care who the guy is, troublemaker or good guy, if they do wrong (and he did) we'll going to treat them all the same.

I hate it, but I understand it

The problem is they didn't treat the "troublemaker" the same. Lawson had already been suspended the first four games of the season.

The NFL has scrubbed all the video of the incident involving Lawson off the internet and isn't releasing what they have. Arbitrarily assigning different punishment to different people for the same infraction is the issue. The lack of transparency is another.

What message does it send? Well, some people swinging helmets isn't so bad?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:50 PM
He says stupid things.

He gets stupid penalties.

He hurt his team in the worst possible way at the worst possible time.

I don't know him personally so I can't say anything about his entire life. I know him as a fan and he's a meathead.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Rish likes Myles about as much as mac like nerds.

We have a very unlikable team in general.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 05:57 PM
So other than this single incident, you really don't have anything.

I guess we should make sure every player we draft take a course in public speaking first.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:01 PM

I guess we should make sure every player we draft take a course in public speaking first.

I disagree with Rishuz but I can understand where he's coming from. The hits Garrett had in the Jet game were bordering on dirty (or were just dirty).

Myles Garrett is my favorite player on the team. I think he made a bad choice. I would expect him to come back and be the same guy he was before the helmet swing.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:13 PM
I don't like selfish players.

Myles plays selfish.

For me, it wasn't that single incident.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:17 PM
Maybe it's just that I like physical players. I love hard hits and all the intensity that can be brought to the game within the confines of the rules.

I think playing soft has been a huge part of the problem here. I actually feel players get paid to play with all of the intensity they can muster. I believe Myles does that and I appreciate seeing it on the field.

He was certainly wrong with what happened in the Steelers game and deserved to be punished for it. But nothing in his history shows he should be indicted as a bad person for a single incident.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:17 PM
Then point those incidents out and stop speaking in generalities.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:32 PM

We might be off topic here, but I think public speaking should be mandatory in high school. Nothing puts the pressure on while speaking in front of a group.

You have to be able to do it because soon enough, you are going to be speaking in front of one, or a group you are trying to convince you are the person they should hire for the job.

It reminds of a scene in "My Cousin Vinny". The friend of Vinny's nephew went with another lawyer. The guy gets up there stammering, stuttering, and gyrating around.

In a movie it was funny as heck. In real life, not so funny.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:34 PM
I'm going to try this one more time. Probably won't work but I'll take the high road here for once.

I think Myles is a selfish player that puts himself before the team. I think he says things that support his desire for individual recognition then demonstrates it on the field. He has gotten numerous offsides and personal foul penalties at critical points in games that hurt the team. The offsides penalties demonstrate a lack of discipline and hurt the team. The personal foul penalties demonstrate a lack of control and hurt the team. I am not surprised that the culmination of all of that was what we witnessed in the Pitt game.

No, I'm not going to look up every single penalty. Have at it if you want.

I don't care what Myles does off the football field. I only care about what he does on the football field to help my team win. Does that make him a bad person off the football field? I have no idea and I don't care. I dont know the guy. Just help the team win games. Dont do stupid stuff that hurts the team. Pretty simple.

Now you want to take this to a strawman that Myles is a bad person. I don't care if he's a good person or bad person. He's a selfish football player.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:41 PM
While we disagree I appreciate your effort to clarify your position.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 06:47 PM

Thing is, there’s no replay of the Nevin Lawson helmet swing. I searched and nothing came up, even shaky, grainy footage off a phone from the cheap seats. That’s a big difference to what we have from Myles’ incident. Within seconds, and for the entire world to see, images and videos were all over ESPN, NFL Network, Twitter, IG, Facebook, ABC, NBC, etc. For Nevin, nobody saw it. Heck, it’s the first I’m hearing of it.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 07:00 PM
I don't blame Myles. I may have done the same thing.

I also don't blame the NFL. It is what it is.

You live, you learn, you pay the price and move on.

Life is all about living, learning, and paying the price. How many out there haven't had some trouble, be it some legal trouble, getting deep in to credit, or a failed relation with another man or woman, or some combination of all. Maybe problems with children.

It's a part of growing up. We really don't grow up until abut 50 years old. At that point we have gained the experience and maturity to say, "not again". That is the young man's or young woman's row to hoe.

I am not doing that again, that's hard. I know. I have been there. Some of you are, or will. Learn your lessons. It is why we are here.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 09:02 PM
there is this fyi
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 09:17 PM

Why would anyone ever expect consistency to come from Roger Goodell?
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 11:01 PM
I can think of few things whackier than the idea that being offsides reflects selfishness. Wow!!! the reality is so obvious to anyone who can manage to see over the biases. which means no chance with rishuz.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 11:07 PM
I would think the NFL will pick the right time to re-instate Garrett.

probably before the draft. that way, it gets swept back under the PR rug nicely as everyone focuses on other things.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/11/20 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
I can think of few things whackier than the idea that being offsides reflects selfishness. Wow!!! the reality is so obvious to anyone who can manage to see over the biases. which means no chance with rishuz.

Sure ... please explain to me why MG has all ready been offsides more than lets pick Charles Haley and Von Miller or any of the other great sack artist throughout the history of the league in their entire careers ....

Good luck with that one ... thumbsup
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 01:06 AM

Sure ... please explain to me why MG has all ready been offsides more than lets pick Charles Haley and Von Miller or any of the other great sack artist throughout the history of the league in their entire careers ....

Wow, where did you find that set of stats? LOL I can't recall ever seeing a statline for having been off-sides.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 01:18 AM

Von Miller says offsides penalties won't change guess the snap count approach
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 01:19 AM
According to this site:

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2017&tm=&sort=off

Von Miller had 5, 2 and 3 off-sides penalties accepted in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Garrett had 2, 6 and 2 those same years, so they're both tied at 10. Miller also had quite a few sacks in the years previous to Garrett getting drafted.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 02:05 AM
I took a shot ... MG is offsides all the time ... I’m shocked he was only offsides twice in two of his years ... that don’t seem right .... these guys wouldn’t make that up so it must be right ...

.. i figured the menZas would confirm if i was wrong .. not a peep if i was right ... guess i was wrong about Miller and they may not have stats from that far back for Haley ...

I wonder how many times they declined offsides on MG last year and his other only two times offsides years.... two certainly don’t feel right to me ... oh well .... maybe the 6 just sticks in my head ...

Then again he had two in what ... 9 or 10 games ...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 02:11 AM
I recall at least twice in the past 2 seasons where Garrett was called off-sides, but the TV replays showed that he had timed the snap perfectly.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:09 AM
WE should have a right to know his status before FA/draft. Right to run your boat and compensate for Goodell's arbitrary and capricious handling IMO.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:13 AM
I recall at least twice in the past 2 seasons where Garrett was called off-sides, but the TV replays showed that he had timed the snap perfectly.

Agreed. You can consistently see that the moment the center started to move the ball Myles takes off like he's shot out of a cannon and is already a step across the line by the time the ball hits the QB's hands.

Replay shows he wasn't offsides, but he's so quick I also have a hard time blaming the refs for calling it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:31 AM
Here are the stats for the number of penalties called, types of penalties called, if they were declined, offsetting, etc., sortable for each player in the NFL from 2009 thru 2019.

Enjoy!

NFL Penalties

Posted By: jfanent Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 11:10 AM
Quote:

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 12:53 PM
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 01:06 PM
*L* ... that’s appropriate and funny ... thumbsup
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:24 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:26 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:27 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:30 PM
Seems like that statement was ready to go so I'm guessing the team and Garrett knew this was coming either yesterday or even Monday.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:31 PM
The NFL on Wednesday reinstated Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, effective immediately.

The decision came down just two days after Garrett, who was suspended indefinitely for his role in a late-game brawl between the Browns and Steelers, met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday at the league office in New York. Garrett's reinstatement will allow him to be with the team and participate in offseason workouts, which are slated to begin in early April.

"We welcome Myles back to our organization with open arms," said Browns EVP of Football Operations and General Manager Andrew Berry. "We know he is grateful to be reinstated, eager to put the past behind him and continue to evolve and grow as a leader. We look forward to having his strong positive presence back as a teammate, player and person in our community."

Garrett was suspended indefinitely Nov. 15, one day after he ripped off Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph's helmet and hit him over the top of the head with it at the end of Cleveland's 21-7, Thursday Night Football victory at FirstEnergy Stadium. Garrett's appeal was denied, and he ultimately missed the final six games of the season.

Before the incident, Garrett was on his way to another Pro Bowl season. In 10 games, the former No. 1 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft amassed 10 sacks and forced two fumbles. Garrett's 30.5 sacks through three seasons are the most-ever by a Browns player during the first three years of their career.

Garrett, who is the captain of the NFL's Waterboys program, is set to depart on a humanitarian trip next week to Tanzania. Waterboys is the cornerstone initiative of the Chris Long Foundation, which works to bring clean water to communities in need in East Africa.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/myles-garrett-reinstated-by-nfl-rejoins-browns-active-roster
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:39 PM
well, if stats are for losers who are made up stats for? I find generally that when people have no factual basis for their argument they make things up.

so, mg is offsides “all the time”. hmm. well, he was offsides twice in 18. how many snaps do you think Myles played in 18, diam. I will guess maybe 65 per game . that is about 1025 snaps for the season and he was penalized twice. and that is your definition of “all the time”. take off your bias glasses and you will see more clearly.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:49 PM
Good estimate. Garrett played 1012 snaps in 2018. 1094 if you also count special teams.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2018-snap-counts.htm
Posted By: mac Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:50 PM
Welcome back Myles..relax a bit and be smart during this offseason... thumbsup
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:50 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 03:59 PM
Myles is a good guy. His transgression isn't going to define him.

Who in in hasn't messed up.....other than me?

Just kidding. I have a few black marks.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 04:01 PM
Posted By: Hammer Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 04:18 PM
Ha - Sex Panther. The Smell of Desire.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3*L* - 02/12/20 04:33 PM
For WINNERS of course ... *L* ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 04:36 PM
well, if stats are for losers who are made up stats for? I find generally that when people have no factual basis for their argument they make things up.

so, mg is offsides “all the time”. hmm. well, he was offsides twice in 18. how many snaps do you think Myles played in 18, diam. I will guess maybe 65 per game . that is about 1025 snaps for the season and he was penalized twice. and that is your definition of “all the time”. take off your bias glasses and you will see more clearly.

I’m biased ... *L* ...

I think the dudes SELLFISH based of his words and actions .... sorry if u choose to ignore them and think cause he’s a smart, articulate, caring, generous dude that plays for the browns that some how makes him perfect and he has no faults ... and I’m the biased one ... yup ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 05:09 PM

probably before the draft. that way, it gets swept back under the PR rug nicely as everyone focuses on other things.

This didn't age well.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Myles is a good guy. His transgression isn't going to define him.

To us, I think you're right. To the average NFL fan, I think it will always be the first thing they think of when hearing his name. Well, unless the guy gets a sack on the last play of the Super Bowl to win Cleveland an NFL title. Until then, he's the dude that whacked the Steelers QB with his own helmet. Which always makes me this of this...

From the Reno 911 show:
-Deputy S. Jones: "Sir, I will not hesitate to beat your ass with your own shoe!"
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: mac

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

What a selfish $%^*

:-p
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 06:44 PM

This didn't age well.

but, it was accurate smile
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 06:49 PM
... On a side note, I don't think Garrett ever takes another snap in the NFL.

This was the post that didn't age well. I hope he didn't take any of those bets thrown his way.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 07:17 PM

This was the post that didn't age well. I hope he didn't take any of those bets thrown his way.

I don't know if I'd want to be stuck on an international flight with recycled air right now. He hasn't taken another snap yet. I don't want to tempt the fates by assuming otherwise.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 07:30 PM

I bet you can find a lot of my posts that didn't age well.

I could really care less about being wrong as long as what I'm wrong about benefits the Browns.

Just win football games. Do the things that help you win football games.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 07:56 PM

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1227681396271042561
Posted By: mac Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 07:56 PM

Not exactly what I would recommend for Myles, locating closer to China (Coronavirus) and a
whole lot closer to the bad guys in NE Africa.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 08:14 PM
thumbsdown
Posted By: FATE Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 08:18 PM

I tried - I offered 10-1 odds...
Posted By: mac Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 08:20 PM
Arch...I'm glad we agree... thumbsup
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 08:39 PM
Arch...I'm glad we agree... thumbsup

We don't.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 09:18 PM
Welcome back. Hope you have something to prove . Win us some games!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 11:30 PM
J/C

A selfish person wouldn’t fly to Tanzania on a humanitarian journey.

Snap out of it, diam.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/12/20 11:31 PM
j/c:

A lot of posts/threads don't age well, but some people seem to like to make fun of others while ignoring their posts/threads that did not age well.

Maybe we could pull up the thread about the three biggest concerns w/the Browns heading into the season? Or maybe the Baker vs Mahomes thread? Or, the top 5 defense posts? I could go on and on and on.........but, I won't. Perhaps others might want to consider it is more honorable to not seize every opportunity to make fun of others? Especially considering that there have been a ton of threads/posts that have not "aged well."
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 12:37 AM
Welcome back Myles Garrett. Browns fans have missed you. Ok, it was awesome watching you take off a Steeler players helmet and beat them with it. That has been 20+ years in the making. But, please don't do that again. You are much to valuable. I know we now have a coach that won't have you in the game up by 2 scores with 13 seconds to play for something out of the ordicary to happen. Welcome back.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 12:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Welcome back Myles Garrett. Browns fans have missed you. Ok, it was awesome watching you take off a Steeler players helmet and beat them with it. That has been 20+ years in the making. But, please don't do that again. You are much to valuable. I know we now have a coach that won't have you in the game up by 2 scores with 13 seconds to play for something out of the ordicary to happen. Welcome back.

No offense and you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree w/a couple of your points.

I don't think it was "awesome" to watch what Myles did. I am a huge fan of his, but that was an embarrassment.

Secondly, I highly doubt he will be out of games if we are winning comfortably. Sack totals matter to the players and even the team. What better time to get a sack than when your team is winning late in the game and the other team is forced to pass? Believe me, I have seen many defensive players from other teams inflate their sack totals when their team is thumping the Browns late in games and we are forced to pass.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 01:05 AM
We'd have to be winning by A LOT, but even then you don't see many teams getting the bottom of the roster into the game during blowouts. Just doesn't really happen in the NFL for some reason.

And yeah, when we're ahead late in the game is when a guy like Garrett should really be making an impact.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
J/C

A selfish person wouldn’t fly to Tanzania on a humanitarian journey.

Snap out of it, diam.

Bro ... i said he was a GREAT DUDE and generous and 3 or 4 great adjectives in one of my posts ..

Big difference between being a selfish person and a selfish player ... there MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ....

Listen to him sometime ... see how often he mentions his personal goals and what’s important to him vs how much he talks about the team ...

And i read this after breaking your chops in the other thread .. thiat was not retaliation for that ... *L* ..
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 01:25 AM
That's ok. I didn't even remember I said it.

Let them have their moment. Its important to them.

I'm glad I was wrong.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Garrett Part 3 - 02/13/20 01:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

A lot of posts/threads don't age well, but some people seem to like to make fun of others while ignoring their posts/threads that did not age well.

Maybe we could pull up the thread about the three biggest concerns w/the Browns heading into the season? Or maybe the Baker vs Mahomes thread? Or, the top 5 defense posts? I could go on and on and on.........but, I won't. Perhaps others might want to consider it is more honorable to not seize every opportunity to make fun of others? Especially considering that there have been a ton of threads/posts that have not "aged well."

I know right? I remember saying “Trent Richardson was the next coming of Jim Brown”. Then Jim Brown said “Nah uh”
LINK
Myles Garrett again accuses Mason Rudolph of calling him a racial slur a day after being reinstated by the NFL
Bryan DeArdo - @BryanDeArdo

Myles Garrett is not backing down from his accusation of Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph even after the Browns' former Pro Bowl pass rusher was reinstated by the NFL on Wednesday following a six-game suspension for hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet during the Browns' Week 11 victory over the Steelers. Garrett, during his appeals process, accused Rudolph of calling him a racial slur prior to his assault of Pittsburgh's quarterback. On Thursday, during an interview with ESPN's Mina Kimes, Garrett stood by his comments while detailing what he said was said between him and Rudolph.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett said, via ESPN's Jake Trotter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'"

Garrett said that Rudolph's comments escalated the fight that took place between himself and Rudolph. The fight also involved Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi. Pouncey served a two-game suspension for his role in the fight, while Ogunjobi served a one-game suspension. Rudolph did not receive a suspension but was reportedly fined by the NFL for his actions.

"When he said it, it kind of sparked something, but I still tried to let it go and still walk away," Garrett said. "But once he came back, it kind of reignited the situation. And not only have you escalated things past what they needed to be with such little time in the game left, now you're trying to re-engage and start a fight again. It's definitely not entirely his fault, it's definitely both parties doing something that we shouldn't have been doing.

"I don't say the N-word, whether it's with 'a' [or] 'er.' To me personally, just shouldn't be said, and whether it's by family, friends, anyone. I don't want to use it because I don't want [people to] find that appropriate around me for anyone to use."

While he accepted responsibility for some what took place between himself and Garrett, Rudolph vehemently denied Garrett's accusation back in November. Additionally, the NFL, during its investigation, found no evidence to support Garrett's accusation.

Rudolph's teammates also came to his defense following Garrett's allegation.

"For Mason, I know he's not going to talk about it because he's being villainized by it," Steelers defensive captain Cameron Heyward said, via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "He said, 'I'm going to be labeled as that.' And I just don't think that's right. That's my teammate and I'm going to fight for him, and do what's best for him.

"The kid made a bad mistake, but he never crossed the line when you're talking about racial slurs."

Rudolph's attorney, Timothy M. Younger, also denied Garrett's allegation while calling it "reckless and shameful."

"This is a lie," Younger told ESPN.com back in November. "This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett

"The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason's integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment."

I know I've been critical of his choices that evening, but I believe him. It doesn't justify his reaction, but it adds more context to what was going on in that scrum.

Again, rip the helmet off, toss it in the stands and maybe punch the guy when he comes back at you, but swinging the helmet on the dudes head escalated the situation to a point that it made worldwide news (not the good kind).
...and I thought this episode was dead.

Browns in the news again over this. Geesh.

#greatguy
I don't blame Myles for letting his feelings be known, now that he has been reinstated. The Steelers made their denials while Myles remained silent after being suspended by the NFL.

I have no reason to believe there is only one side to this story..the Steelers side! Something tripped Myles trigger and I'm in no position to doubt Myles' claim.

It may be that only the two of them..Myles and Mason, actually know what happened.

I will say this, now that Myles voiced his opinion there is no need to continue to say a word. Hopefully the Browns can help Myles, giving him some good advice on how to handle the situation from this point forward.
He's a meathead. No way he doesn't mention it again.

But he writes poetry. Apparently people feel that helps the Browns win games.
He's a meathead. No way he doesn't mention it again.

Hard to argue the whole "he's selfish/meathead" with him bringing it back up again. Are we sure he didn't take the brunt of the helmet swing himself? Everyone had to have "known" that his reinstatement was supposed to hit the news then fade away ASAP.

Dumb.
j/c...

TMZ will eventually manage to get the game audio some day...

I thought that was a good explanation and it's obvious that Myles wants to move on.
I don't blame Myles for letting his feelings be known, now that he has been reinstated. The Steelers made their denials while Myles remained silent after being suspended by the NFL.

I have no reason to believe there is only one side to this story..the Steelers side! Something tripped Myles trigger and I'm in no position to doubt Myles' claim.

It may be that only the two of them..Myles and Mason, actually know what happened.

I will say this, now that Myles voiced his opinion there is no need to continue to say a word. Hopefully the Browns can help Myles, giving him some good advice on how to handle the situation from this point forward.

I agree. Let it end.
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I agree. Let it end.

That's not how this works, though. You think Mason "I'm going to charge a dude that's twice my size" Rudolph and the Steelers are going to let it slide without getting their statements out there?
that would be nice... but I doubt it ends here... afraid its just going to fester
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
that would be nice... but I doubt it ends here... afraid its just going to fester

If Rudolph did in fact say those things, I don't think the AA players would support the denial.
Myles is reinstated, he had his interview, he reinforced his previous comments. Let's move on. He needs to learn to say "No further comment".

Well, if the media has their way. Saw an "interview" of an interviewer about the MG re-instatement. She went to "The Slur" and the happy pair was happy to share this focus at length as she offered her opinions. Little ab out him or "The Return" story. I was disgusted and turned it. Just rubbing dirt in the wound.
If he was driven to be great before this, I can just imagine how driven he will be now. He could have lost it all, and he knows that. IMO, he is a good person, and this reaction was an anomaly
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

If Rudolph did in fact say those things, I don't think the AA players would support the denial.

I think it's possible, even likely they would. Just look around outside of sports be it socially or politically. Calling out racism and holding people accountable has very little to do with what was said or done and significantly more with who that person is associated with.

If he did say it and the Steelers are upset about it, they're better off handling it in house instead of bringing embarrassment on the organization as a whole.
© DawgTalkers.net