DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: rastanplan Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 02:16 PM
Urban is being talked for the Cowboys job, but nobody is talking about him replacing Kitchens...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 02:25 PM
Do we really expect Urban Meyer to be the cure for all our ills?
Posted By: Haus Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 02:27 PM
For Urban's long-term health and sanity, I hope not.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 03:17 PM
Lol.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 03:58 PM
Ridiculous.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 04:03 PM
Need to think longer term IF they make a change. Urban can be too flaky.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 04:12 PM
Browns would back up the Brinks truck for Urban.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 04:46 PM
If he didn't have health issues, he would have never quick Ohio State.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 04:52 PM
Well anything is possible. But in the real world this is most likely the least probable solution.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 05:23 PM
I think he’s a college coach through and through. I wouldn’t mind Lincoln Riley and giving him a strong/experienced DC
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 05:34 PM
No.

And as for Riley, I love the guy, but he is as bad as, if not worse, than Freddie, for abandoning the run during the course if a game.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
If he didn't have health issues, he would have never quick Ohio State.

He may have had some health issues, but I think the bigger reason he left was his suspension. Think that really irk him.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 07:09 PM
This would be interesting:

cbssports.com

"...Whenever/If ever the Cowboys do launch a full scale search for a new head coach, you can count Urban Meyer in as one with a viable chance at landing the gig.

The former University of Florida and Ohio State University head coach threw his hat into the ring recently when he declared how attractive the Cowboys job would be, and they heard him. Team exec Stephen Jones -- who will likely be Garrett's executioner -- spoke with Meyer recently and the interest in a possible union is now mutual and "very real", per Jane Slater of NFL Network and as confirmed to me by a source with knowledge of the situation..."
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
This would be interesting:

cbssports.com

"...Whenever/If ever the Cowboys do launch a full scale search for a new head coach, you can count Urban Meyer in as one with a viable chance at landing the gig.

The former University of Florida and Ohio State University head coach threw his hat into the ring recently when he declared how attractive the Cowboys job would be, and they heard him. Team exec Stephen Jones -- who will likely be Garrett's executioner -- spoke with Meyer recently and the interest in a possible union is now mutual and "very real", per Jane Slater of NFL Network and as confirmed to me by a source with knowledge of the situation..."

I cant see Urban living with Jerry's world rules.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 10:58 PM
Just say no. This is laughable IMO.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 11:08 PM
Not going to happen if you want Dorsey
Urban would insist on player control and runa3-4
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 11:34 PM
I'd give the Kitchen away for that brownie
Posted By: bonefish Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 11:52 PM

Highly unlikely.

I don't see him as a fit at all.
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/06/19 11:55 PM
NO to Urban Meyer. He is a top notch college recruiter. That is his strength. As a coach I am not a fan. NFL is not his game.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 01:20 AM
Urban, Sabin, Cowher etc.....yearly names that people float at the end of a Browns season. Even now when we are supposed to be good, have it all figured out...here we are floating the names, again. How about we throw Gruden in the mix while we are at it?
Posted By: jaybird Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 02:03 AM
What are the odds that kitchen gets fired? I feel like he needs at least one more year...
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
What are the odds that kitchen gets fired? I feel like he needs at least one more year...

Bengals loss + Ravens loss = walking papers for Freddie.
Posted By: eotab Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 06:42 PM
1. We will give Kitchens a little more than 12 games.

Our OL is pretty bad and our DL has suddenly disappeared - Larry and Richardson are good but not by themselves!

This game of football is still defined by the trenches...OL and D front 7 4-3 its the DL as the key...we lost our D keys

2. For me it was the timing as the guy I always wanted as the one to take us back to NFL great...was Gruden

look what he has done with Raiders.

jmho
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 10:21 PM
I just can't imagine him in the NFL. I think he'd love the 18 hour days, but I don't think it's smart for him at this point in his life.

I do think he will be coaching again soon.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/07/19 10:48 PM
They could use him back in Bowling Green. That program is a mess.
Posted By: BpG Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/09/19 03:37 PM
After the 0-16 season if I told you we would go 7-9 and then (possible) 8-8 you would have thrown that coach a parade. Here we are.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Is Urban a possibility? - 12/09/19 03:46 PM
Interesting answers, never thought Urban would have so little appreciation from Browns fans here.
© DawgTalkers.net