DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Records - 12/28/19 02:17 AM

I just read where Farve was one of the 10 qbs to make the All Time Team.

He set a bunch of records but the one that still blows my mind is 297 consecutive starts. Do the math 297 divided by 16 equals 18.56 seasons without missing a start.

Guys miss games with sunburns.

Think about that 297 starts. Nobody close to that. Second place is 270 by Jim Marshall. Third place 240.

I seriously doubt that record will ever be broken.

I mean Baker will start 16 games this year and we have not had a guy do that in many moons.

It is so easy to get hurt in football. Seems like nobody escapes injury. Look at our starters and how many missed games this year.

A truly astounding record.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Records - 12/28/19 11:31 AM
Good point. All of those QBs on that list (and the players on the other lists) had longevity, toughness, consistency, etc.
Posted By: Haus Re: Records - 12/28/19 12:57 PM
Favre was a tough dude and played through injuries that would sideline a lot of players for weeks.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Records - 12/28/19 01:38 PM
And without most of the "protections" of the modern Game. He definitely was a hard-core opponent. Not sure of player I might suggest is like him playing today. That is like the starts record for Joe Thomas. Given the size of players today, it is astounding.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Records - 12/28/19 01:51 PM

In context it is mind numbing.

It is hard to play one season without missing a game. The collisions, just the game itself.

So easy to get rolled up on etc.

The NFL is a tough playground. These guys are monsters of strength and speed.

I remember when Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig's record. That was 16 seasons 2632 games. Whole different game and challenge.

© DawgTalkers.net