DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 01:49 AM
This year is crazy because so many QBs are reportedly on the move. Let's discuss some of them and their possible destinations. You can discuss where you think they should go and where you think they will actually end up.

Tom Brady: I think the best fit for him would be Chicago because they have a great defense and just need adequate qb play. However, I don't think he ends up there. My top choices for him are Indy, Chargers, Titans, Tampa Bay, New England.

Phillip Rivers: He was a very good qb, but his arm is shot. Poor mechanics caught up to him. I don't know if he is a quality starter anymore, so I won't say where he should go. I think his top landing spots are Indy and maybe Jax if they trade Foles.

Jimmy G: Despite all the talk of Brady going to SF, I think the 49ers would be nuts to make that move. I think Jimmy G stays in SF. If Brady does sign there, I see Jimmy G going back to NE.

Teddy Bridgewater: Dude went 5 and 0 in New Orleans. I think the Chargers will sign him. Best places for him to go are the Chargers, and then New England [if they don't keep Brady.]

Ryan Tannehill: He had a very good year. I think he should stay in Tennessee. I think he will end up staying there. If not..........hell, I can't even venture a guess.

Cam Newton: This is a tough one because of his injuries and he is really flaky. I think the Bears would be a decent fit. I think he will end up in Carolina or Chicago.

Nick Foles: He had a disastrous year in every sense of the phrase. I think the Jags should keep him. Most likely fits would be Jags, Bears, Eagles.

Mitchel Trubisky: He is a good athlete, but is not a very good passer. Nagy is misusing him. Nagy is so overrated. I think the Bears should probably keep Mitch, but bring in a dude to challenge him. Most likely, he ends up staying in Chicago or goes to a place like Tenn to back up Tannehill.

Marcus Mariotta: He never learned how to read coverages. Good guy and a better athlete. But, you will never make it big if you can't read coverages fast enough. I think he could be a back-up in Tenn, Chicago, and for the Jets. Most likely landing spots are the w/the first two.

Joe Flacco: He is going to be out of Denver after what he said. I think he fits what Bruce Arians wants in a qb. Big, strong, huge arm, pocket passer. Most likely is probably LA Chargers, Buffalo as a backup, TB, NE, Indy.

Jameis Winston: Had over 5,000 yards passing. Had over 30 TDs and Interceptions. Threw about six pick-sixes. I heard a comment that he could have been the offensive and defensive MVP of several games. LOL. I think the best place for him would be Pittsburgh. Back up Ben for awhile and then take over. NE is another spot where he might benefit from being a backup. Most likely landing spots are .......Not sure, but he will probably start the year as a backup.

Jacoby Brissett: Started off pretty good and then fizzled. I think Indy should keep him and let him learn while backing up someone else. Most likely spots are Indy, LA Chargers, NE, Rams.

Andy Dalton: He is not as bad as most folks think. I think the best case scenario for him would be to go to the Bears as a starter. If not, he would be a great backup in places w/young, struggling qbs like the Jets and Browns. Most likely.........Chicago.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 01:58 AM
I want to add to my previous post. I think the odds are minuscule, but I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

All the talk last year was how terrible Brady's weapons were last year. Well, Dorsey ensured that the Browns had the best skilled players around Baker. OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt. Njoku was already here and while he is inconsistent, he does have big-play ability.

Brady doesn't need the time to throw that Baker does. He is the master of reading defenses. He can get rid of the ball very quickly. Imagine him w/these weapons????????? Wow!

The chance of it happening is very, very small...........but, it makes all the sense in the world. Brady would love to have our weapons and I bet our weapons and OL would love having him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:33 AM
I think Brady ends up in Tennessee. Easy-ish division, friend is the coach, good run game, etc.

I think Rivers ends up in Indy.

I think NE ends up with Cam Newton
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I want to add to my previous post. I think the odds are minuscule, but I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

All the talk last year was how terrible Brady's weapons were last year. Well, Dorsey ensured that the Browns had the best skilled players around Baker. OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt. Njoku was already here and while he is inconsistent, he does have big-play ability.

Brady doesn't need the time to throw that Baker does. He is the master of reading defenses. He can get rid of the ball very quickly. Imagine him w/these weapons????????? Wow!

The chance of it happening is very, very small...........but, it makes all the sense in the world. Brady would love to have our weapons and I bet our weapons and OL would love having him.

The REAL reason you started the thread.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:58 AM
A lot of people agree w/you. I understand it, but right now.......isn't Tannehill better than Brady?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:00 AM
No, it's not.

However, what if it was? Would that be an indictment on my character? If so, wouldn't it also be an indictment on the character of everyone who has ever suggested that it might be a good move to replace a player/coach? I wonder what the real reason is for your reply? LOL
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:04 AM
... I would not be shocked if the Browns brought in Brady to be the starter.

Interesting, but I wonder whether Baker's personality could 'tolerate' that situation...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:09 AM
Probably not. But, like I said...........I think the odds are minuscule.

I probably should not have mentioned that. I see that one of the Baker Boys already questioned me.

I made the thread to talk about something new since the PFF is a bit stale right now. About half way through writing the post, I thought that it was a mistake to make it because it was becoming like work.

I made the Brady comment as an afterthought. I don't want that to be the focus and is NOT why I made the original post. I will say I am real tired of certain posters getting on others who question Baker and not saying a word when posters continually question other players.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:10 AM
I would love to see Brady come to Cleveland. Hopefully Baker would be able to learn from him. By the time Brady would be leaving, Baker would be starting his second contract, and would not be as expensive, after spending 3 years riding the pine, though he may not want to resign here. Brady and Giselle have so much money that Haslam would not have to evict Baker from his digs at the stadium .. brownie
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 04:17 AM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Garoppolo - San Francisco
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Trubisky - Bears starter on a short leash
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Brissett - Not Indianapolis
Dalton - Bears

I will get all of these correct.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 09:23 AM
Yeah, that’s what Tennessee has to decide lol. I think it’s one of a few places Brady ends up (maybe TB, CHI, IND)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 09:23 AM
Mariota to the Raiders makes sense, as it does for him to sign in Chicago with Trubisky teetering
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 12:36 PM
If not New England. Brady to Tennessee makes sense to me.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 01:05 PM
Brady to Cleveland would be a dream scenario with Baker as the backup. Doesn't matter if Baker likes it or not. What matters is what is best for the Browns, short-term and long-term. Therefore, I'm 100% confident it won't happen.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 01:30 PM
I think the Steelers need a backup qb. Ben is old and coming off of a serious injury. Rudolph and Duck were awful.

Does anyone seeing one of the qbs on the list being high on Pittsburgh's list?
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 01:59 PM
Brady to the Browns is an interesting thought. If he had things to prove i.e. it was he not Bellicheck that was responsible for the Patriots dynasty or that he is in fact the greatest QB ever. He could see it as the greatest challenge: leading the Browns to their first Super Bowl?
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:03 PM
I think Brady to the Cowboys makes sense. If I am Jones; A.) I want to win the SB. B.) Am not sure if Dak is the one to do it and C.) Not sure I want to pay Dak top QB money. Trade Dak sign Brady. Brady gets one last run with the Cowboys.

I should add that I don't think it will happen just that it makes sense to me when I think about it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:05 PM
There has been some talk of Brady going to Dallas. But, at this point in time, I think Dak is a better qb. It's kind of hard to go w/an older qb who is not playing as well as your younger guy. The one thing that balances things out is that we know Brady won't choke in big moments.
Posted By: Browns2020 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:33 PM
Cowboys need WRs and a better defense.
Posted By: Browns2020 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:34 PM
And a total fantasy. Brady isnt signing with the Browns. Delusional
Posted By: Browns2020 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:37 PM
No you wont
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Browns2020
No you wont

You must be new around here.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:39 PM
I think the Steelers need a backup qb. Ben is old and coming off of a serious injury. Rudolph and Duck were awful.

Does anyone seeing one of the qbs on the list being high on Pittsburgh's list?

The Steelers have never paid for a backup. I would expect them to draft a guy to develop over signing a veteran.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:42 PM
Well i thought it was a good idea for a thread ... i said the other day this will be the most interesting FA period EVER and for me the above position and all the QB movement is the big reason why ... its going to be fun to watch ... thumbsup ...

I have no clue who will end up where, I just know I’m gonna enjoy watching it all unfold ...

To bad the thread killing troll who should be banned by now showed up ... thumbsdown
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Mariota to the Raiders makes sense, as it does for him to sign in Chicago with Trubisky teetering

Why would the Raiders want to replace Carr with Mariota? That would be a significant step down, IMHO.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:47 PM
I don't remember a year in which so many well-known QBs could potentially change teams. It's fun to discuss.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Why would the Raiders want to replace Carr with Mariota? That would be a significant step down, IMHO.

There are rumors that the Raiders want Mariota as their backup. He would be among the best backups in the league.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:25 PM
I don't believe Dak Prescott is worth the money he is asking. His overall #'s are good but he can't seem to beat good teams or win big games even with all that talent. Tom Brady would be a perfect fit in Dallas IMO. Lot's of playmakers, a great O-line and an owner that would support him. Tom Brady playing on one of, if not the most popular team in football, WOW. The ratings would go through the roof and JJ, being the businessman that he is, would have to see what merchandise sales for his team would be like. He'd make millions just with that. Sign TB for 2 years and maybe draft another QB to develop behind him or sign one of the FA QB's. I think it makes a lot of sense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:30 PM
The money is a funny thing. The market price is always escalating. Dak is better than Goff who got paid big money. He's right there w/Wentz, who got paid. He's been better than Stafford and Cousins, who got paid. He's proven more than Jimmy G did when the latter got paid.

Brady is probably the GOAT, but he is going to be 43 in August. How old is Dak? Let me look.....He will be 27 in July.

I don't know.......
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:39 PM
I agree with what your saying Vers. Good points but what a PR bonanza!! Tom Brady on Americas team, Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys rolling the dice for a Super Bowl in the next 2 years!!! If your sick of JJ and the Cowboys now it will get a lot worse. The Cowboys will be on every week and JJ will be interviewed every day on every national sports show. The networks will love it!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:40 PM
No doubt about that.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:42 PM
I would take Brady over Dak, even at their current ages. I don't think Dak necessarily played better than Brady last year or is currently better than Brady.

I like Dak, but he makes or misses 2-3 head scratching throws a game that end up costing his team. And he's not clutch.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 03:45 PM
I don't like Dallas at all but I'll watch them every week with TB on the team whether they win or lose. Tom Brady's name on anything with the Dallas star will sell. They'll make millions even without a Super Bowl.
Posted By: Hammer Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 04:04 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Chargers
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Panthers
Foles - Bucs backup
Trubisky - Bears
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - AARP
Winston - Bucs
Brissett - Patriots backup
Dalton - Bears
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 04:07 PM
That's a pretty good list, but man, did you see some of BA's comments about Winston and the QB position? LOL......BA is so subtle.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 04:36 PM
Brissett to NE makes sense as well
Posted By: Hammer Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 05:09 PM
yeah - BA pulls no punches.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 05:45 PM
And just to think the Browns could have drafted Prescott but instead took Kessler. Which lead to drafting Baker Mayfield
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
And just to think the Browns could have drafted Prescott but instead took Kessler. Which lead to drafting Baker Mayfield

Thank God we didn't draft Prescott if it wasn't for Zeke he would be even worse than he is, I can't believe Dallas would even consider paying this guy $33 Million superconfused
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

Thank God we didn't draft Prescott if it wasn't for Zeke he would be even worse than he is, I can't believe Dallas would even consider paying this guy $33 Million superconfused

Are you new to the NFL?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:04 PM
Carr is a FA also ... i think if they keep Carr they want Marcus as a back up ...

I would guess there gonna make a strong play for Brady and if they get him who knows what they’ll do ... if they don’t get him ... there gonna stick with Carr but u just never know with chuckle ... his ego gets in his way more often than not ... right now he has Kizer and Peterman on his roster ... rofl
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Carr is a FA also

Carr is 100% not a free agent.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:17 PM
I don't remember a year in which so many well-known QBs could potentially change teams. It's fun to discuss.

Never seen anything close to it ... usually theres no real difference making qb’s available and when there is its usually only one ... but this year theres a bunch of proven nfl starters hitting the market ...

The # of them combined with the lack of good NFL starting QB’s makes all the possible scenarios very intriguing and will be very interesting when those dominoes start falling ...

This QB FA period could very well have a major influence on next years playoffs ... its gonna be fun to see how this cookie crumbles ... oh the possibilities ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:19 PM
Huh ... i thought he was ...

Never mind then ... *L*..

I’ve heard there gonna be a big player in the Brady sweepstakes ... i just don’t see the talent to woo him there ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:22 PM
It seems especially interesting in the AFC ... Raiders, Titans, Colts, Patriots, Chargers ... lots of moving parts
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 07:23 PM
If I were in charge of the Browns I'd be giving Marcus Mariota a decent amount of money. The highest paid true backup QB in the league is Case Keenum. He is due to make $7.5 million guaranteed last year. I'd be willing to give Mariota at least that much.

If Baker does not improve or gets hurt we have to have someone who can come in and competently run a game plan. Mariota can do that. Furthermore, I would love to see him on some of the bootlegs we'll be running in Stefanski's offense.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/08/20 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Good take. Dalton would be an upgrade over Trubisky.

Winston to the Saints is interesting.

I have never believed all of this smoke about Brady leaving NE.
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/10/20 05:37 PM
if you have Cam Newton leaving Carolina (Heading to the Chargers), whom do have the Panthers getting.. I assume that was a mistake and that Winston is headed to Carolina ????
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 02:47 PM
j/c:

'Tom Brady Says Goodbye To Patriots, Thanking Belichick And Kraft'

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/03/17/tom-brady-leaving-patriots-thanking-belichick-and-kraft/
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 03:00 PM
As much as I dislike his 'feast or famine' performance, Winston is a starter-level QB. Mariota is not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 03:18 PM
Bridgewater to the Panthers perhaps
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 03:50 PM
Updates to the league's QB Carousel

--Brady not returning to New England.

--Bridgewater drawing interest from New England, Carolina, and maybe Chicago.

--Mariotta to Oakland. I don't get this one.

--Carolina tells Cam that he can seek a trade.

--Tannehill stays in Tennessee.

--Dak was franchised.

--Keenum to Cleveland.

--Brees signs two-year deal.

Did I miss anyone?
Posted By: Hammer Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:12 PM
Brissett
Dalton
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:13 PM
I think Dalton or Bridgewater on the Patriots is a winning combo.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Brissett
Dalton

I haven't heard any new updates on them. I think I mentioned them in my first post. I was just updating new developments since I started the thread.

Is there new news on those two guys? I did hear some rumors about Dalton maybe going to Chicago. Is that what you mean?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:30 PM
Dalton might be NE’s best shot at a cheap option
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Brissett
Dalton

I haven't heard any new updates on them. I think I mentioned them in my first post. I was just updating new developments since I started the thread.

Is there new news on those two guys? I did hear some rumors about Dalton maybe going to Chicago. Is that what you mean?

Agreed, while there has been talk that Chicago had interest in Bridgewater, I don't think I have heard 1 little snippet on Dalton.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:34 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:36 PM

Chris Mortensen
@mortreport
The Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater are negotiating a 3-year contract in the $60 million range, per source. The deal is not done as they work out details but it is expected to be complete when new league year opens Wednesday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 04:57 PM
That's certainly starter money.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 05:14 PM
I have always liked Teddy. Glad he is back to being a starter. I hope the Panthers don't trade McCaffrey now.

Wonder who will trade for Cam?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 05:15 PM
lol probably Houston for Watson and Watt smile
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 05:16 PM
rofl
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 05:19 PM
Just when Texans fans think it can't get any worse ......

B. O. B.

It could be a great horror movie. rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 06:46 PM
Just when Texans fans think it can't get any worse ......

B. O. B.

It could be a great horror movie. rofl

Houston might actually be a fascinating experiment that could answer the question, "How far can a fQB take a team on his own?"
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 06:55 PM
Man, you gotta feel bad for Watson. He's a great kid and his coach is killing him w/these ignorant ego-driven moves.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 06:58 PM
Man, you gotta feel bad for Watson. He's a great kid and his coach is killing him w/these ignorant ego-driven moves.

He can commiserate with Baker.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:01 PM
So far, Watson has done a lot more than Baker.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:03 PM
I had a dream that the Browns traded Baker for Watson.

Sweet dreams...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:10 PM
I'm glad it was only a dream tongue
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
So far, Watson has done a lot more than Baker.

Except when you compare rookie seasons against rookie seasons...otherwise I agree.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:37 PM
So your point is regression is somehow as good as, or should be compared to progression?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:56 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:57 PM
Good job!
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 07:58 PM
Phillip Rivers just signed a 1 year deal with the Colts. Terms not provided yet.
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:01 PM
Phillip Rivers just signed a 1 year deal with the Colts, worth 25 Million.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So your point is regression is somehow as good as, or should be compared to progression?

It's easier to progress when you're working in the same system or at least a system. I'm not sure what we were doing last season is deserving of the term. It was more of a de-system which has ceased to exist, if it ever did .
Posted By: mulliganvi Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:13 PM

--Mariotta to Oakland. I don't get this one.

He reminds me a lot of Rich Gannon, This is looks like Gruden trying to recreate that magic.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

It's easier to progress when you're working in the same system or at least a system. I'm not sure what we were doing last season is deserving of the term. It was more of a de-system which has ceased to exist, if it ever did .

Todd Haley gets a lot of grief around here, but his offense, with Kitchens calling plays and Baker at the helm, worked like a dream. Then in 2019 Freddie took over as HC, they brought in Monken as OC, and what those two put together as a so-called offense was wretched and unwatchable. The question I had last year - and still have - is why not stay with Haley's offense that worked so well in 2018 over the last 10-12 games?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:26 PM
Bridgewater to Panthers
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
The question I had last year - and still have - is why not stay with Haley's offense that worked so well in 2018 over the last 10-12 games?

You can't be an offensive genius running someone else's offense.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:38 PM
The question I had last year - and still have - is why not stay with Haley's offense that worked so well in 2018 over the last 10-12 games?

So, ego trumps proven results.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/17/20 08:40 PM

I haven't heard a better explanation.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:15 AM
Earlier, someone said that Baker had a better rookie year than Watson and I believe that was accepted as the truth. But, is it?

I believe neither began the season as a starter. Watson suffered a knee injury that cut his season short. But, I remember he was pretty dynamic when he took over. Similar to Baker.

Some stats:

QB Rate:

Watson: 103.0
Baker: 93.7

QBR:

Watson: 83.6
Baker: 53.2

TD %:

Watson: 9.3
Baker: 5.6

Interception %:

Watson: 3.9
Baker: 2.9

Completion %:

Watson: 61.8
Baker: 63.8

Record:

Watson: 3-3
Baker: 6-7 [Note, officially Baker had 5 wins as a starter, but everyone knows he won the Jets game, so I added that.]

I don't know if it is accurate to say Baker had a better rookie year. Some might say it was a "misleading" statement, but I doubt it. LOL
Posted By: SunDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:18 AM

I haven't heard a better explanation.

Seriously, who cares at this point?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:20 AM
So now we wait on Jameis and Cam, right?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:22 AM
I just signed back on not too long ago. Did Dalton sign somewhere?

I wonder if Cam is going to have a hard time finding a team who wants him?

Winston? I still think he would be good in Pittsburgh as their backup. Mason and the Duck dude suck.

Who is NE going to roll with?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:27 AM
Yeah I forgot about Dalton as well
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:45 AM

Brady to the Buc's.

Never would have believed it. Really.

So Kessler and Stidham are the QB's now in NE.

Interesting to see this all plays out
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:48 AM
Brady, at this particular point in his career, doesn't seem like a BA type of QB. But man, the Bucs have some weapons. Not as good as the Browns.........but close.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:50 AM
Wouldn't it be a fun story if Belichick signs Winston and says.........."okay, let's see who the real man was in NE?"
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:52 AM
Wouldn't it be a fun story if Belichick signs Winston and says.........."okay, let's see who the real man was in NE?"

Bill is petty, but not that obvious about it. He'd probably want to, just to show it to everyone that he could probably win more than Brady will in TB, but I think he's playing the long game (beating the Bills, Dolphins and Jets, not worrying about beating Brady's win total).
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:56 AM
I know, punch. I was just playing.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 12:56 AM
Updated odds to be the Patriots starting QB for Week 1 of the 2020 season (BetOnline):

Jarrett Stidham +175
Cam Newton +200
Andy Dalton +375
Jameis Winston +700
Nick Foles +750
Derek Carr +1200
Jacoby Brissett +1200
Jimmy Garoppolo +2500
Cody Kessler +3300
Joe Flacco +3300
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 01:00 AM
Of those choices, Dalton seems to make the most sense. I am not saying that he is the favorite, but if I were BB, I would go w/Dalton.

Of course, I sure as hell am not as smart as BB.

I do want to add this, though. New England's recent moves in the draft, trades, and FA haven't exactly been stellar.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Updated odds to be the Patriots starting QB for Week 1 of the 2020 season (BetOnline):

Jarrett Stidham +175
Cam Newton +200
Andy Dalton +375
Jameis Winston +700
Nick Foles +750
Derek Carr +1200
Jacoby Brissett +1200
Jimmy Garoppolo +2500
Cody Kessler +3300
Joe Flacco +3300

In Belichick's shoes I'd take Dalton all day every day from that list. Of course - no idea how much of a love fest Bill has for Stidham...
Actually I'd take Jimmy, then Carr then Dalton - but the first two aren't options really.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 01:15 AM
I think Brissett would be a good bet given those odds
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 01:19 AM
You could be right about that. I was thinking he was probably their second best choice after Dalton.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 01:27 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all with Jameis.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:41 AM
Earlier, someone said that Baker had a better rookie year than Watson and I believe that was accepted as the truth. But, is it?

I believe neither began the season as a starter. Watson suffered a knee injury that cut his season short. But, I remember he was pretty dynamic when he took over. Similar to Baker.

Some stats:

QB Rate:

Watson: 103.0
Baker: 93.7

QBR:

Watson: 83.6
Baker: 53.2

TD %:

Watson: 9.3
Baker: 5.6

Interception %:

Watson: 3.9
Baker: 2.9

Completion %:

Watson: 61.8
Baker: 63.8

Record:

Watson: 3-3
Baker: 6-7 [Note, officially Baker had 5 wins as a starter, but everyone knows he won the Jets game, so I added that.]

I don't know if it is accurate to say Baker had a better rookie year. Some might say it was a "misleading" statement, but I doubt it. LOL

Did you really just post that passive-aggressive BS and NOT include TD passes thrown nor red-zone efficiency? rofl

Or mention that the FIRST time Baker took snaps from the starting center he overcame the worst head coach in history to snap his team's 19 game losing streak?

Misleading? Yeah...you are quite adept at that. My goodness.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:43 AM
Quote:
Did you really just post that passive-aggressive BS and NOT include TD passes thrown nor red-zone efficiency?

No, it's an illusion.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:43 AM

I don't get the whole thing?

I tried to imagine the Brady, BB, and Kraft conversation.

Came out thinking Tom Wanted out. Any reasons would just be a guess coming from me.

So, he leaves takes TB. Why didn't Rivers sign a two year with NE?

He goes to the Colts?

Winston? That would be something if he ended up in NE.

Posted By: FATE Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:43 AM
Touchdowns matter?

Nah.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:47 AM
j/c:

Are people really debating which qb stats matter the most? Seriously? The Fabulous Baker Boys are a laugh a minute!
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:51 AM
Quote:

Are people really debating which qb stats matter the most? Seriously? The Fabulous Baker Boys are a laugh a minute!

Why not? You did it.

Or are you saying you didn't cherry pick stats and your post tells the whole story?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:56 AM
Never said it told the entire story. I picked the most relevant stats that experts use when evaluating qbs. Let me guess.............I'm "lying" about that.

I really need to go back to not responding to guys like you and Fate. It's hard not to because you make so much crap up, but damn man.............I'm going down to the same level y'all are at.

Good night, device. Hope you are safe in these troubled times.

Edit: I could make several predictions about reactions to what I just said, but this is my immediate favorite:

jfan: This is the funniest post I have ever read.

smile
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:58 AM
j/c:

That is maybe the weakest ish you have ever responded with...and that is saying a lot. Do you not understand how many stats you responded with previously?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 02:59 AM
Never said it told the entire story. I picked the most relevant stats that experts use when evaluating qbs. Let me guess.............I'm "lying" about that.

I really need to go back to not responding to guys like you and Fate. It's hard not to because you make so much crap up, but damn man.............I'm going down to the same level y'all are at.

Edit: I could make several predictions about reactions to what I just said, but this is my immediate favorite:

jfan: This is the funniest post I have ever read.

smile

Put down the shovel.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:00 AM
What?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:01 AM
The stats I listed are the primary stats that are used to evaluate qbs. Jesus!
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:01 AM
What?

Either quit digging the misleading hole you are digging or stop shoveling out the BS...either way...just put it down.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:02 AM
Yo oober.................any comments on who is being "misleading?"
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:06 AM
Quote:

I hope you are safe as well.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 06:56 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Jarrett Stidham +175
Cam Newton +200
Andy Dalton +375
Jameis Winston +700
Nick Foles +750
Derek Carr +1200
Jacoby Brissett +1200
Jimmy Garoppolo +2500
Cody Kessler +3300
Joe Flacco +3300

Cody Kessler all the way. Trust me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 09:14 AM
On NFLN they actually were discussing Kessler as an outside shot at being the starter ... I was laughing
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 03:57 PM
If he gets one more year under his belt, he vests in the NFL pension plan. He's a backup...always was...always will be. Not a bad gig.
Posted By: Swish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 04:01 PM
I want Brady to take TB to the Super Bowl so much now.

Especially since the SB is in Tampa this season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 04:07 PM
I’d like TB to play NE in the super bowl ... of course, only if WE don’t make it smile
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
I want Brady to take TB to the Super Bowl so much now.

Especially since the SB is in Tampa this season.

I'm a huge Brady fan. Hope he kills it in TB.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 05:42 PM
Foles to the Bears for a 4th rounder.

link
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 05:43 PM
I thought Cam might end up in Chicago. That's over now that the Bears traded for Foles.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 05:52 PM
not surprising, but Chicago must really hate Trubisky lol
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 06:51 PM
so far, the QB switching teams are as follows..

Tom Brady - From NE to TB
Philip Rivers - From LAC to IND
Teddy Bridgewater - From NO to CAR
Marcus Mariotta - From TEN to LV Raiders
Nick Foles - From JAC to CHI
Case Keenum - From WAS to CLE (as backup)
Chase Daniels - From CHI to DET (as backup)

Jamison Winston - seeks to be traded
Cam Newton - Seeks to be traded

Andy Dalton - IMO, will only get traded if right deal comes thru, can see Mike Brown keeping him as the #1 for another year and letting Joe Burrow sit.

Jacoby Briskett - currently in IND (may stay put since Rivers only signed for 1 yr)

Drew Brees signed 2 yr extension (stays put)
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 08:29 PM
IIRC, Winston is a UFA.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 08:32 PM
J/c ...

I see no way BB takes the pick machine that Winston is .. no way ... that’d be very un BB like to sign this dude ...
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 08:35 PM
J/c ...

I see no way BB takes the pick machine that Winston is .. no way ... that’d be very un BB like to sign this dude ...

He did it once before with another pick machine named Vinny somethin'.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 08:56 PM
J/c ...

He did it once before with another pick machine named Vinny somethin'.

He’s grown since then .... *L* ...

Anytime i hear Vinny and the browns I remember what a good friend of mine said when we acquired I think it was Andre Rison ... he said:

Having Rison on your team as a WR and having Vinny as your QB would be like dating the playmate of the year and not having a penis ... I’m just now starting to be able to *L* at that ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 09:12 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 09:14 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.

You're physic.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 10:33 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.

You're physic.

Did you mean psycho?

Just kidding, cfrs. I enjoy your humor.

I do have a question, though. I thought Winston and Dalton were free agents? They don't have to be traded, do they?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 10:50 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.

Don't you think Foles is going to start over Trubisky?

I would be very surprised if he didn't.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 10:59 PM
I don't believe Dalton is a free agent.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 11:00 PM
I bet they both start at some point.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 11:03 PM
Dalton is signed through this season, at $17.5 million, and a $200k workout bonus. He is a free agent next season. The Bengals can get out of his contract at no cap hit, or cam trade him as well.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 11:06 PM
Thank you. I didn't realize that about Dalton. Winston is a FA, or do I have that wrong, too?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 11:08 PM
Yeah. The Bucs could have franchised him, but obviously, they went in a different direction.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/18/20 11:10 PM
You're welcome.
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/19/20 12:47 AM
Nailed it ? missed on some here.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/19/20 12:52 AM
He's joking, woody.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/19/20 02:45 AM
Who's joking?

I'd be shocked if Trubisky starts over Foles.

I think Trubisky is awful.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/19/20 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Who's joking?

I'd be shocked if Trubisky starts over Foles.

I think Trubisky is awful.

Glad we didn't pick him thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/20/20 01:36 AM
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/20/20 02:11 AM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.

Got EVERY name right! Dude!
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/20/20 07:28 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Nailed it so far.

Still 100%. Amazing.

Got EVERY name right! Dude!

just not the locations the names go to .. saywhat
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/23/20 05:09 PM
--Hoyer signed on the cheap in NE. Almost certainly a back-up who is familiar w/McDaniels' offense and can help mentor Stidham if the Pats roll the dice w/the youngster.

--No word on Cam yet.

--Looks like no one is going to trade for Dalton. I think he is due to be paid $17 million this year. But, I may have misheard.

--Wonder what the Chargers are going to do at qb?

--Brisset might end up staying in Indy. They have a lot of money tied up in their two QBs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/23/20 05:13 PM
I bet LA Chargers have a few thoughts:

- sign Cam and match him with Tyrod to run the similar offense tailored to them
- draft their FQB (Herbert, Love, Tua)
Posted By: eotab Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/23/20 05:42 PM
A run on QBs would be great.

We know Tua and Burrows will go top 5 but My hope is Herbert and Love will also go early with teams moving up to get them.

What if the last is there when we pick do we take the Trade offer???

Carousel might be great for us. Miami, Carolina and Chargers all ahead of us in the draft: Cool I think there is a good shot that 4 QBs will go before our pick!!! Very Cool wink
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 04:44 PM
Most of you have heard this, but I'm posting it to keep the thread up-to-date. The Panthers have released Cam Newton.

I think it is a big deal that no team was willing to trade for him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 05:12 PM
I know it ... Kyle Allen nets a 5th rounder, Cam Newton gets cut
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 07:48 PM
The answer lies in his contract.
No team was willing to take that on.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
The answer lies in his contract.
No team was willing to take that on.
Still... He's a legit starting-QB level talent.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 07:55 PM
Most of you have heard this, but I'm posting it to keep the thread up-to-date. The Panthers have released Cam Newton.

I think it is a big deal that no team was willing to trade for him.

I think it is more about not being able for team doctors to check him
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 09:06 PM

Caliendo is too much. Cracks me up.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 09:16 PM
How many starting QBs are better than a healthy Cam Newton?
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 09:29 PM

But that's the issue. Cam Newton can't stay healthy. Not if he wants to play effectively
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

But that's the issue. Cam Newton can't stay healthy. Not if he wants to play effectively

He passed his physical. Both his foot and shoulder are fully healed. I'm taking Cam Newton over:

Matt Ryan
Josh Allen
Teddy Bridgewater
Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles
Andy Dalton
Baker Mayfield
Drew Locke
Matthew Stafford
Philip Rivers
Gardner Minshew
Derek Carr
Tyrod Taylor
Jared Goff
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jarrett Stidham/Brian Hoyer
Daniel Jones
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ryan Tannehill
Dwayne Haskins

And he's a free agent. That's crazy. Guys like him almost never reach free agency and it seems like no one wants him.

The Patriots seem like a very logical destination but they only have $3,412,166 in cap space.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 09:53 PM

All of them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

He passed his physical. Both his foot and shoulder are fully healed. I'm taking Cam Newton over:

Matt Ryan
Josh Allen
Teddy Bridgewater
Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles
Andy Dalton
Baker Mayfield
Drew Locke
Matthew Stafford
Philip Rivers
Gardner Minshew
Derek Carr
Tyrod Taylor
Jared Goff
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jarrett Stidham/Brian Hoyer
Daniel Jones
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ryan Tannehill
Dwayne Haskins

And he's a free agent. That's crazy. Guys like him almost never reach free agency and it seems like no one wants him.

The Patriots seem like a very logical destination but they only have $3,412,166 in cap space.

BB could talk him into signing for vet minimum for 1 year and leave Carolina on the hook for all it's guarantees while giving Cam a shot at a SB. Not serious but I could see Patriots pulling off the deal.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 11:20 PM

Where does one find a healthy Cam Newton?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 11:25 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Where does one find a healthy Cam Newton?

2015 ... thumbsup
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 11:47 PM

As a QB or as a Running back?

As a healthy Cam, Lamar and Josh Allen are the only better runners. As regards throwing the football - most are better.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/24/20 11:50 PM
j/c:

I don't think Cam is as good as some others do. However, that is just opinion. No big deal.

I do wonder about his health. It seems like you could have gotten something for him.

I get that he is an odd fellow. Showboating when things are going well and pouting when things aren't. The looks he had in is PC's were odd, as well.

If you have that big of an ego, you better be able to ball. Reminds me of another number one overall qb in this league in a way.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 03/25/20 03:50 AM
Reminds me of another number one overall qb in this league in a way.

Eli Manning retired.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 12:25 PM
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 02:26 PM
This makes Winston one very lucky guy IMO. Stepping into a solid organization that has respect for QBs and gears up accordingly.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 03:03 PM
I agree Bard .. he has a chance to resurrect his career and become their starter in a few years
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 03:26 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Wow! Amazing!
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 03:32 PM
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Wow! Amazing!

Nailed it again! You're physic! Its like you have ESPN or something ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 04:07 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 04:13 PM
I wonder where Cam will wind up? Maybe he waits until the season starts ... whenever that is, and sees if there is an injury to a starting QB. That might be his best opportunity to find a new starting job.

I cannot remember seeing experienced guys like this struggling just to find jobs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
haha love it
Posted By: devicedawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 07:09 PM
Didn't you see?

Cam is going to wind up with the Chargers.

Quote:
Brady - Patriots
Rivers - Indianapolis
Bridgewater - Tampa Bay
Tannehill - Tennessee
Newton - Chargers
Foles - Backup somewhere
Mariota - Raiders
Flacco - Retired
Winston - Saints
Dalton - Bears

Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 07:16 PM
I still think Andy Dalton ends up in New England somehow. (Or maybe I just can't believe they are really going with Stidham.)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 08:42 PM
The NE QB situation is interesting. I know Hoyer kinda fits this description, but which available (or could be available) QB:

- doesn’t turn it over
- is accurate within 20 yards of the LOS
- is cerebral
- gets the ball out quickly
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 09:02 PM
I thought Belichick might go after Winston, because Bill loved Testaverde, and Jameis is kind of a latter-day Vinny. I'm guessing they didn't have the cap space, or else maybe Vinny let Bill down one too many times in the clutch back in 94 & 95.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 09:15 PM
I still think Andy Dalton ends up in New England somehow. (Or maybe I just can't believe they are really going with Stidham.)

I completely agree.

Andy Dalton to New England. I was thinking maybe Cam Newton, but I dunno. Something makes me think Dalton to New England. Newton has injury questions that Dalton doesn't have. While Cam is a better player at his best, I think Bill will want the steadiness of Dalton.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 10:47 PM
I also thought Carr or Mariota but those ships have sailed
Posted By: jaybird Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 11:04 PM
The NE QB situation is interesting. I know Hoyer kinda fits this description, but which available (or could be available) QB:

- doesn’t turn it over
- is accurate within 20 yards of the LOS
- is cerebral
- gets the ball out quickly

Hoyer should be a good stop gap.... I was floored they didn't draft a QB...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/26/20 11:12 PM
Yeah i was too
Posted By: eotab Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/28/20 12:48 PM

I'm sure BB is going to "SUCK FOR LAWRENCE" wink
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 03:50 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 04:13 PM
Every team should have been trying to sign Jameis for that money.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 04:38 PM
I’m surprised New England didn’t try to sign Jameis honestly
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 05:05 PM

I don't really disagree with that but I have a feeling his price tag went down as his options dried up.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 06:29 PM

I don't really disagree with that but I have a feeling his price tag went down as his options dried up.

That’s the point.

A.J. McCarron is making $4 million this season.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 08:06 PM
Winston needs to fire his agent now. There have been PLENTY of trash QBs signing for more.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Winston needs to fire his agent now. There have been PLENTY of trash QBs signing for more.

Jameis is definitely a top 32 QB in the league.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 08:48 PM
I heard that Jameis told the New Orleans media that he had Lasik surgery this off season, and that it was nice to be able to read street signs and license plates. Could his problems throwing to the wrong team really be that simple of any issue, and why wouldn't they (Jameis, his agent, and the Buccaneers) have thought of that earlier?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 08:51 PM
I heard that Jameis told the New Orleans media that he had Lasik surgery this off season, and that it was nice to be able to read street signs and license plates. Could his problems throwing to the wrong team really be that simple of any issue, and why wouldn't they (Jameis, his agent, and the Buccaneers) have thought of that earlier?

It can’t hurt to have your eyes fixed. It also doesn’t explain Jameis running around like a chicken with its head cut off and just chucking the call up.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/29/20 08:59 PM
Maybe besides being nearsighted he's also color blind.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 01:42 PM

Is that a joke or is that true?
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 01:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Is that a joke or is that true?

I have no information that he's color blind other than his tendency to throw to the wrong color jersey, so I guess its a joke. Seriously though, I think the corrected vision might help him be more accurate with his passes.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 09:05 PM
Arians said he was colored blind last year ... no clue if his “blurry vision” was mistaken for being color blind or if they were both true ...
Posted By: Dave Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 09:56 PM
Thanks, I didn't know that. So even with impaired vision (myopic and color blind), he still has a career QB rating of 86.9, which isn't bad.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 10:06 PM
Thanks, I didn't know that. So even with impaired vision (myopic and color blind), he still has a career QB rating of 86.9, which isn't bad.

Colorblind doesn’t really mean colorblind unless his color blindness is monochromatic. He likely just sees different shades of the same colors a non colorblind person sees. A lot of people are colorblind (around 4% of the population in the US), almost no one is monochromatic colorblind (like 0.00002 of the population).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 10:08 PM

Colorblind doesn’t really mean colorblind unless he is color blindness is monochromatic. He likely just sees different shades of the same colors a non colorblind person sees.
Wasn’t Vinny T colorblind? Vaguely remember that fact
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 10:11 PM
Yep. Vinnie had some degree of color blindness.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 04/30/20 11:29 PM
Yep. Vinnie had some degree of color blindness.
thumbsup
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 05/01/20 12:34 AM
I think Winston's issues were not due to being color blinded or can be solved by the Lasik eye surgery.

I think his problem was two-fold.

1. He doesn't read coverages well. He throws right into the teeth of the coverage far too often.

2. BA's offense has a phrase...........something like: No risk it, no biscuit." It's clever, but he takes a lot of chances.

A comparison of sorts.

1. Baker also struggled w/reading coverages and some of his reads and decisions were horrific.

2. I think Freddie's offense most resembled BA's offense. Too many high-risk throws.

I believe that both Winston and Baker had issues of their own in regards to poor reads, but were also affected by high-risk play-calling. Not so ironically, they were 1 and 2 in terms of interceptions in the entire league.
Posted By: eotab Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 05/01/20 12:29 PM
j/c...if he truly "NEEDED" the surgery then that is a pretty big thing.

For me I couldn't follow the Golf ball and it would disappear also street signs and other things were very blurry so even the evaluation about him reading coverages etc. might have been sight related.

Now that he has that fixed he is going to need reading glasses where he didn't before. I wonder how long that will take to get that and so he can study the new playbook. lol laugh
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 05/01/20 02:32 PM

I can't remember what game it was but I was watching Winston throw the ball.

Having gone through rotator cuff surgeries on both shoulders. I could see Winston was hurt.

Your arm feels dead. And it feels frozen like it is locked up.

I know he has had surgery. But sometimes there is nerve damage which can take a long time to heal.

Even when he was a MVP I never thought he was a great passer. He was a monster guy that could play physical and make things happen.

At this point it is hard to say if he is healthy.
Posted By: Hammer Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 05/01/20 02:50 PM
Winston or Newton?
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2020 QB Carousel - 05/01/20 04:31 PM

My bad Cam.

Getting old.
© DawgTalkers.net