DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 08:24 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 08:24 PM
We should have just traded them Njoku and a third round pick.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 09:01 PM

Seattle gave up a lot.

When you give two years of first rounders damn that puts a hurt on your ability to manage cap to talent.

Rookie deals favors the team when you draft well in the first round.

They must really like the safety Adams.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 09:19 PM
Wow... that's a ton to give up... I didn't think Jets would get much since he was pushing for a trade hard...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 09:31 PM
That’s a hefty price AND having to pay a huge contract
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 09:32 PM
WHO!

I thought this was a running back.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 09:45 PM
Great trade for the Jetses. Seahacks gave up plenty. That is quite a lot of value just for the first rounders IMO. Do the numbers work for trade value? Seems lopsided in NY's favor.
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 10:29 PM
J/c. Good for the Jets getting big value for Adams. No friggin way I would have paid that guy the kind of contract he thinks he is worth. I think he is a good player, however he certainly isn’t special against the pass. To not even play out your rookie deal before bantering about a trade, this dude clearly never wanted to be a Jet anyway.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 10:30 PM
Posted By: Dave Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 10:37 PM
Adams wanted to play for a coach without Ted-Bundy-eyes. Still, the Jets did well in this trade.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 11:08 PM
Yeah, i can see a hybrid type player ... i mean, he’ll be GOOD there. It’s just pricey
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/25/20 11:37 PM
j/c:

Adams is a good player, but he has been complaining a lot. Criticized the HC and the GM [I think] just the other day. No way was he worth that much compensation.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No way was he worth that much compensation.

If he plays well in a Super Bowl win, it’s worth it. Unless you think they get to the same Super Bowl without him (by using the draft picks).
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

rofl
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 12:38 PM
Big price to pay
Posted By: BADdog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 02:56 PM
Is any player other than a QB worth 2 first rounders?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 03:26 PM
This trade screams of desperation to win now while throwing your best assets away to build in the future.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Is any player other than a QB worth 2 first rounders?

Yes.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 04:47 PM
Who? .. it’s short list ,,, no?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 04:58 PM
Aaron Donald
TJ Watt
Both Bosa brothers
Myles Garrett
Von Miller
George Kittle
Khalil Mack
A bunch of wide receivers

You could probably talk me into a few offensive linemen.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 05:02 PM
I think Seattle has a tendency to trade their (late) 1st round picks more than any team too
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/26/20 05:47 PM
Shocked its such a big list ...

Shocked a TE’s on it and you’d include WR’s on it ...

Shocked that the Bosa from SD is on it .. not talent wise but his injury history would keep me away from such a big investment ...

Thanks for the reply ...
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Big price to pay

Just wondering, does a shortened or suspended 2020 college football season devalue one of these first rounders? Meaning, it’s a much riskier pick with less knowledge of the players potential value. If so, did Seattle Do the right thing?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Big price to pay

Just wondering, does a shortened or suspended 2020 college football season devalue one of these first rounders? Meaning, it’s a much riskier pick with less knowledge of the players potential value. If so, did Seattle Do the right thing?

I would say yes. Not knowing who is in the draft pool is huge.
Aaron Donald
TJ Watt
Both Bosa brothers
Myles Garrett
Von Miller
George Kittle
Khalil Mack

Maybe Von Miller and TJ Watt of a few years ago, but not anymore, IMO.

Garrett- Yes; Mack- Yes (and because it happened).

I don't think there are a bunch of WRs I would give two rounders for. To me it pretty much starts and ends with Michael Thomas.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I don't think there are a bunch of WRs I would give two rounders for. To me it pretty much starts and ends with Michael Thomas.

If you'd give up two first for 27-year old Thomas, what about 28 year old DeAndre Hopkins? He's got to be worth at least one first roun...never mind, Bill O'Brien already set his value waaaaaaaay below that. tongue

How the hell did that happen again?
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 12:20 PM
Big price to pay

I did occur to me that this upcoming draft may not be as big a deal as past drafts.. Just a thought however
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I don't think there are a bunch of WRs I would give two rounders for.

If you'd give up two first for 27-year old Thomas, what about 28 year old DeAndre Hopkins?. He's worth at least one first roun...never mind, Bill O'Brien already set his value waaaaaaaay below that. tongue

I definitely thought about Hopkins. I simply don't put value on the WR position as perhaps others do when giving up top draft capital and potential long term assets. I almost went the route of preferring to suggest no WRs are worth two #1s.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 12:31 PM
j/c:

It's all opinion, but I don't think I would give up two first-rounders for any player who isn't a qb. Maybe Aaron Donald. Von Miller back in the day, but he is getting older.

I think the Raiders got two 1st round picks for Mack and while he is very good......has he put the Bears over the top?

I am almost positive that Jamal Adams wasn't worth that much. He is a good player. Very good. But, not that good.

BTW Memphis..........are you confusing TJ Watt w/JJ Watt? TJ isn't that old.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 12:39 PM
Big price to pay

That's a great point.
Yes, I am.

I meant JJ. And I wouldn't give up two for TJ, either.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 01:36 PM
j/c:

I think Bill Barnwell does a great job w/his analysis. This article is very long and contains useful charts, so I will just post the link. It's a really good read.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2953...ally-worth-much
Posted By: BpG Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 01:58 PM
Seattle Mortgaging the future for a Safety. An elite safety no doubt, but that is a very steep price to pay for an increasingly diluted position.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 04:57 PM
I think the Raiders got two 1st round picks for Mack and while he is very good......has he put the Bears over the top?

Last year, the Bears had the #1 points against defense in the NFC and 4th across the league. We gave up an additional 95 points compared to them (6 points per game more).

Here's the catch, and you know where I'm headed, they were terrible on offense. Heck, we scored 55 more points then they did across the whole season (3.4 more point per game). Only the Bengals, Washington Football Team (that is technically their current name) and the Jets were worse, and only by a few points at that.

So yeah, 4th best on D and 4th worse on O is a perfect recipe for 8-8. We don't need to define why the offense was so terrible, I'm looking at you Mitch, but I think it proves Mack and the rest of the D were doing their jobs.

Also, if we go back one more season, the Bears and their #1 rated defense were a double doink FG attempt away from getting into the divisional round. Sure, the Bears probably lose at the Saints the following week, but I don't think that's a layup.

As for the year before without Mack, the Bears were 8th best on the defensive side of the ball, so having Mack moved them from 8th, to 1st and 4th the next two years. I know there are a lot of other factors, but on the surface, that looks very good for the trade.

The Bears gave up a lot:

Bears traded away:
2019 first round (running back Josh Jacobs at No. 24 by Raiders)
2019 sixth round (cornerback Blessuan Austin at No. 196 by Jets)
2020 first round (cornerback Damon Arnette at No. 19 by Raiders)
2020 third round (receiver Bryan Edwards at No. 81 by Raiders)

Bears received:
Mack
2020 second-round pick (tight end Cole Kmet at No. 43)
2020 seventh-round pick (offensive lineman Arlington Hambright at No. 226)

I think a lot of people forget about that 2nd rounder coming back. Anyway, I think the Bears did okay and if the same offer had been available to the Browns, I would have taken it (having Mack and Garrett on the same Front-4? Hot damn that would be sexy!). We probably don't have OBJ and we'd definitely not have Jedrick Wills, but who know where we'd be drafting had we had Mack for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 05:02 PM
Well, I think you are explaining why I would not give up multiple first round picks for a player who didn't play QB. I'm not saying it's 100 percent, but I doubt I would make that kind of move because only a qb can make that much of a difference in a team. Mack is a great player and he has helped that team, but he has been unable to get them over the top.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 05:44 PM
Well, I think you are explaining why I would not give up multiple first round picks for a player who didn't play QB. I'm not saying it's 100 percent, but I doubt I would make that kind of move because only a qb can make that much of a difference in a team. Mack is a great player and he has helped that team, but he has been unable to get them over the top.

Understood.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 10:29 PM
And I am not saying my opinion is correct, Punch. It's just an opinion. I understand where you are coming from and you may be right.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/27/20 11:37 PM
Aaron Donald
TJ Watt
Both Bosa brothers
Myles Garrett
Von Miller
George Kittle
Khalil Mack

I think it all depends on the team and if they are 'one player away' .... where their number 1 picks are likely to fall in the draft .... what cap space they are going to be in 2 years from the trade.

If you are rebuilding or middle of the pack - not only are you giving away mid-high 1st round picks, you aren't likely to turn around the team with one stud.

If you are a challenger and this might tip you over the edge by way of an upgrade of a position from average to stud it's more viable, not only are you giving away low 1st rounders the chances of landing an MVP level player after the mid point of the draft is getting very small ... end of the first round you can certainly end up drafting a lot of 'guys' and not 'studs'. Seattle will be interesting to watch as their offense is good enough Wilson at the helm.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 07/29/20 10:52 PM
Two firsts and a third? WOW they gave up a lot for a safety! He better be a HOF player for that kind of price. Better bring back the LOB big time! Or someone's head will roll.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 08/01/20 08:06 PM
Seattle wants to win another SB now. Russell Wilson isn't getting any younger.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 08/02/20 05:13 AM
i think he is sitting out.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Jamal Adams traded to the Seahawks - 08/03/20 12:37 PM

Good channel. He did a piece on Chubb recently.
© DawgTalkers.net