DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: 1488 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 05:49 AM
Outside of Wills and Bryant who seen to be fitting in well what other rookies have yall noticed in their performance so far even being limited as it has been?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 09:50 AM
You mentioned Bryant, but he’s the one that’s stood out to me. He looks like a seasoned vet in the pass and blocking game
Posted By: GMdawg Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 10:36 AM
Don't forget about Jordan Elliott. He has played well so far.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 11:39 AM
Jacob Phillips had a couple of nice plays against the Cowboys.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Jacob Phillips had a couple of nice plays against the Cowboys.
Yeah, good point. He seemed a bit better than other LBs from the past few weeks
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 12:20 PM
Browns Rookie PFF Grades:

DPJ: 50.1

Bryant: 64.6

Wills: 63.0

Elliot: 63.9

Phillips: 38.8
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 12:43 PM
Wow, I thought Elliott has made some solid plays, but didn't realize he was right therein between Wills and Bryant. That's good to see.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 12:51 PM
I read something a couple of weeks ago from a national outlet that said Elliot hasn't been flashy, but has been solid.

On the other hand, Phillips has been bad.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 12:54 PM
Yeah, that's discouraging. Toward the end of camp, there were a few reports talking about how he was really getting the system and rising up the ranks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 01:03 PM
I saw Elliot having one of the better DL grades for a rookie as well. Our DT depth is a concern, especially this week. So hopefully he can play well
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 01:12 PM
This is a highlight reel for Brown's RBs vs Dallas, but check out the block DPJ has on the very first play that is shown. He is lined-up in the slot on the left side and is blocking a Dallas DB.

Posted By: cle23 Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Yeah, that's discouraging. Toward the end of camp, there were a few reports talking about how he was really getting the system and rising up the ranks.

Phillips only played the last 2 games. He hasn't been good by any means, but he did make a couple plays in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Knocked the pass down on a 4th down try by Dallas.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

On the other hand, Phillips has been bad.

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but that feels a bit harsh. He was hurt in the opener at Baltimore and was still limited in practice last week before the Cowboys.

Hopefully, he and Mack Wilson will continue to get healthy and in game shape and can show us what they are capable of doing. After seeing the picture of the aircast looking thing Phillips was in after the Ravens, I wasn't expecting him back this year, let alone this soon.

Like others have mentioned, DPJ's blocking looks like a nice addition to our rushing attack. I want to see if we can utilize his size in the passing game now.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bryant yet. He's been playing well, but his shorter arms show up in the passing game at times. I do like his tenacity and athleticism.

Wills is holding up better than some of the longtime LTs we've trotted out there (GRob.) I'm not frequently noticing him for bad things, which at this stage is encouraging.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: 2020 rookies - 10/06/20 10:15 PM
1) Jedrick Wills, Jr.- has a ways to go, but is acclimating quickly.
2) Grant Delpit- Funny the biggest missed player on our team is a rook, but...we'll find out next year
3) Jordan Elliott- Solid and consistent so far
3b) Jacob Phillips- easily our most athletic LB'er, we shall see
4) Harrison Bryant- early signs point to a 4th round coup
5) Nick Harris- held up surprisingly well in preseason, but has yet to see game time
6) DPJ- Already stands out in his KR duties (after only 2 attempts) and willingness to block, but again, likely won't know more until next year.

Worst review ever but it really is too soon.
Posted By: 1488 Re: 2020 rookies - 10/07/20 12:02 AM
I agree its way to early to say one thing or another about any rookie. Couple years down the road we will know but really wanted to get yalls thoughts on the rooks. Gonna revisit this thread after game 8 and hopefully see more positives for each of them. Bryant is my fav so far.
Posted By: 1488 Re: 2020 rookies - 12/26/20 01:16 AM
DPJ's and Wills seen to be keepers so far. 1st rounder and a 6th. Ireally think DPJ will be a very good WR for the Browns.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: 2020 rookies - 12/26/20 03:55 AM
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
1) Jedrick Wills, Jr.- has a ways to go, but is acclimating quickly.
2) Grant Delpit- Funny the biggest missed player on our team is a rook, but...we'll find out next year
3) Jordan Elliott- Solid and consistent so far
3b) Jacob Phillips- easily our most athletic LB'er, we shall see
4) Harrison Bryant- early signs point to a 4th round coup 4th round rock star; just needs to maintain control of the ball better
5) Nick Harris- held up surprisingly well in preseason, but has yet to see game time held up really well against NYG
6) DPJ- Already stands out in his KR duties (after only 2 attempts) and willingness to block, but again, likely won't know more until next year. is beginning to contribute in the offense regularly

Worst review ever but it really is too soon.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 2020 rookies - 12/26/20 05:17 PM
DPJ is doing WAY more than I thought (or that he should be asked to do, truthfully). He’s been a pretty key part of our team
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 2020 rookies - 12/26/20 10:08 PM
So far it is looking good.

Wills, Elliott, Bryant, and People-Jones all look to be good selections.

How good they become is still up in the air but they are all starting to set a floor that works.

Harris looked pretty darn good last week.

Phillips, he was been hurt...hard to say at this point.

At any rate, it looks like the FO drafted 5 players who are at minimum going to be solid players.
© DawgTalkers.net