DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: superbowldogg Injuries - 07/27/22 03:32 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/07/browns-place-denzel-ward-and-jack-conklin-on-activepup-as-training-camp-begins-wednesday.html%3foutputType=amp

cleveland.comSubscribe
Browns
Browns place Denzel Ward, Jack Conklin on active/PUP list as training camp begins Wednesday
Updated: Jul. 26, 2022, 7:14 p.m.|Published: Jul. 26, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Cleveland Browns minicamp, June 16, 2022
Cleveland Browns cornerback Denzel Ward gets his left leg and foot checked out by training staff during Cleveland Browns minicamp Thursday, June 16, 2022 at FirstEnergy Stadium.
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Two more of the Browns’ key players will begin training camp on the active/Physically Unable to Perform list in cornerback Denzel Ward (foot) and right tackle Jack Conklin (knee).

They join rookie receiver David Bell, who may have suffered a stress fracture in his foot, and is expected back on the field in a couple of weeks. Ward, Conklin and Bell can be activated at any time.

The Browns also placed defensive tackle Sheldon Day (back) and linebacker Anthony Walker (groin) on the active/non-football injury list. Wide receiver Javon Wims was placed on the active/non-football illness list.

All are expected to be out at least a week or, in some cases, weeks.

Ward, who signed a five-year extension this offseason worth $100.5 million, injured his foot on the final day of mandatory minicamp June 16 and walked gingerly off the field with a trainer. An MRI and other imaging tests the next day showed no major structural damage, but Ward was seen in a walking boot at his youth football camp last month. If all goes as hoped, he’ll be back on the practice field soon, at least on a limited basis.

His injury gives third-round pick Martin Emerson a chance to get more reps with the starters in the early part of camp.

As for Conklin, he underwent surgery in December to repair a torn patella in his knee, and has been progressing well. He needs a little time, but should be back on the practice field next week, at least on a limited basis. The Browns are fortunate to have swing tackle Chris Hubbard back healthy from his torn triceps this season.

As for Day, Walker and Wims, Kevin Stefanski will update the outlook on the first day of practice open to the media on Wednesday. The rest of the veterans reported for camp Tuesday, joining the quarterbacks and rookies, who reported on Friday.

Camp opens with the Browns still awaiting word on Deshaun Watson’s likely suspension. In the meantime, he’s been practicing along with Josh Rosen and the other quarterbacks since Friday.

Browns affiliate gear 2022
-
Get the latest Browns merchandise: Here’s where you can order Cleveland Browns gear online, including jerseys, T-shirts, hoodies, hats and much more.

If you or a loved one has questions and needs to talk to a professional about gambling, call the Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-589-9966 or the National Council on Program Gambling Helpline (NCPG) at 1-800-522-4700.

More Browns coverage

Schwartz reflects on a tumultuous rookie season

Will Watson be permitted in Berea during suspension? Hey, Mary Kay!

Talking to myself after the Rosen signing: Pluto

Why Browns’ backup QBs might be among NFL’s best: Podcast

High school roots still go deep for Hunt, Ward, Stefanski

Is secondary the best in the league? Key questions for 2022

Watson practices with QBs, rookies while waiting on decision

Rosen must improve accuracy, anticipation: Film review

Josh Rosen: 3 things to know

How does Brissett stack up against other NFL backup QBs?

Bell placed on active/PUP with a foot injury
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 03:33 AM
Not surprised Ward is injured again
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 03:51 AM
Hard to be out on an island with bad legs defending against the best the other teams have to offer and not take the slightest dings seriously. But I wish he were better able to stay on the field too.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Not surprised Ward is injured again

That is why I call him Hospital Ward. I am not overly concerned about camp that much, but the guy is frail. He will miss several games due to something.

Bell, stress fracture....how wonderful is that?! Not to be a downer, but breaking your feet tends to lead to more broken bones in the foot..oh well. I am not ready to scratch him off the list, but this isn't a good start.

As for Conklin...his body is starting to break down it seems. His injury was serious enough that I don't think any were expecting him back until the end of camp at best. We will see how that goes.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 12:14 PM
If there's no major structural damage, holding him out is the best thing so long as there isn't going to be significant changes to the D (won't be as far as I know). Get Newsome some time opposite Cooper, get the new guys more/better snaps.

No big deal this time, IMO.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 12:20 PM
Yeah, these reports are probably just Training Camp news.
Posted By: Cleats Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 01:17 PM
And that was just the first day for the vets to practice. Be prepared as more will join the list before we play our first game. Happens every year.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 01:47 PM
Ward is a great corner but will miss games due to injury. Explains why we have used a high draft pick on a corner the last three drafts. I hope we keep all four as long as we can.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cleats
And that was just the first day for the vets to practice. Be prepared as more will join the list before we play our first game. Happens every year.

I understand what you are getting at with the injury list and what will surely happen (and heads will explode)...re: the PUP list...I think one practice in TC and you aren't able to be PUP'd. Which I find very odd.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cleats

I am not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Browns did not practice yesterday. Vets were scheduled to report yesterday and I believe today is the first day they will see the field as an entire team.
Posted By: Cleats Re: Injuries - 07/27/22 05:56 PM
You are correct. They had to report yesterday but will hold first practice today.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 03:15 AM
Might as well call me hospital as well then, I landed on the wrong surface the wrong way, stuff happens.
Not only must they make all the plays, but not get hurt doing it, umm kay.
Denzel Ward is alright to give maximum effort in my book, don't hold back.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
If there's no major structural damage, holding him out is the best thing so long as there isn't going to be significant changes to the D (won't be as far as I know). Get Newsome some time opposite Cooper, get the new guys more/better snaps.

No big deal this time, IMO.

As I said, I am not all that concerned about training camp or Ward not getting the reps like I am with Bell. With Ward it is just another injury to add to a long list, so at this point it isn't "worry" for me any longer. It is more expectation. It isn't a case of if he is going to get injured, it is a matter of when, how often, and how long?

You can't fix frail. It is what it is.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 07:44 AM
Ward hasn't missed more than 4 games in any one season - but he's missed at least 1 game in every season. Of the 4 games he missed one year I think they might have been either all or mostly Covid related. I think it's a bit frustrating but I think that some fans think he is more injured than the reality.

Injuries happen to every team - last year we were decimated by injury across every offensive position and at times it impacted areas of the defense. It was not acceptable as an excuse for many last year - so I guess we'll just have to live with what happens this year and every other. My only comment would be that it feels like the Browns are always in top 1/2 of the Injury Table - sometimes very high up.... law of averages says it should be more random, so what do we do - or what do we not do - that makes the team as a whole more vulnerable? I'd assume we have been through multiple trainers and coaches with the same result over that time?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 08:30 AM
I hope you are right and my perception of the situation is off.

Any word on when he will come off the PUP list?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 11:28 AM
Ward hurt his foot on the last day of OTA's. I've watched reports that he is fine and isn't even wearing a brace. They are just taking it easy w/him. Bell's injury is a bit more serious, but I don't think it will be a huge issue. It would be nice to see him getting reps w/Watson and Brisset.

Edit: I just watched a Jim Donovan video and he said Ward was in a walking boot.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 07/28/22 11:36 AM
Whenever he's got hurt I've found myself saying to myself "Oh no, here we go again" - but then when you look at the career, I do think we come down too hard on him. I remember his first season where he thought he could tackle like a linebacker and ended up hurting himself ... I don't think he is as reckless anymore and he was not made of glass that first season and threw himself around a lot before finally hurting himself. As a Vet he might finally have realized his value to the team is as an elite CB not as an enforcer.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 02:05 AM
Hoping the Schwartz thing isn’t serious … I’ve noticed a lot of soft tissue stuff across the league the past few years and teams seem to be using the PUP list way more here to start
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 02:11 AM
Hopefully, not a torn ACL or MCL for Schwartz.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 09:32 AM
Yeah, they said he was stretching, which would indicate a muscle concern I’d think
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 09:50 AM
I read this morning it is a knee injury. Hoping for the best.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Yeah, they said he was stretching, which would indicate a muscle concern I’d think

Geesh...so he caused his own injury.

Sorry, I am just not feeling it with that guy. I just get the feeling the guy is a waste of time.

Maybe Woods or Weston will get a real look and make Schwartz expendable. When you get to be a good team, nothing says a 3rd or 4th rounder has to keep making the team. At least they shouldn't if they aren't getting it done.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 11:23 AM
Agree. Other than running fast, what does he bring to the table?
Posted By: Cleats Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 11:52 AM
I'm starting to ask myself that also. He had a hamstring injury last year during most of training camp and into preseason. Also he was out 3 games with concussion. Hope he turns things around this year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 11:57 AM
I am not championing him. Heck, I don't even like him all that much. However, he has only one year under his belt and he played w/a qb who was not effective. It's too early to write him off. I will say that of DPJ, Bell, and Schwartz, I have the least amount of confidence in Schwartz.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 04:20 PM
j/c...

Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 05:23 PM
j/c...

I've said it plenty before, I'll say it again.

#notarealfootballplayer

Would love for Schwartz to prove me wrong.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 05:37 PM
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 06:30 PM
Schwartz wont even eclipse 500 yds this season
He is poor mans John Ross
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 07/29/22 07:16 PM
jc...

One of the reasons that a players 40 time is rather meaningless...what is that players 40 time when he is injured and not at 100%..?

By the time the regular season begins not many of your players are going to be playing at 100% or pain-free. Coaches are looking for those players who are capable of playing through their pain, yet continue to perform at a high level. The game becomes a challenge for each player to find a way to complete their assignment on each play, even if they are not 100%.

Maybe Schwartz is challenging himself...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 07/30/22 02:49 PM
I agree Mac, the 40 time is probably an antiquated measurement of a player’s speed/burst anyways.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 07/30/22 08:25 PM

Posted By: Baker_Dawg Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 02:10 AM
Schwartz is not an NFL receiver, Browns have one of the worst wide receiving cores in the NFL. Cooper is a has been. Should not have traded all their draft picks for DeMassage.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 02:11 AM
I think our WR corp really hinges on DPJ. He’s been bad and good in his career. This is a big year for him
Posted By: Baker_Dawg Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 02:16 AM
I think our WR corp really hinges on DPJ. He’s been bad and good in his career. This is a big year for him

He is not a number 2. Browns have a 2 (Cooper) as their one and a 3 as their 2 (DPJ). He is both too slow and lacks the quickness to get open when defenses play him straight up.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Baker_Dawg

He is not a number 2. Browns have a 2 (Cooper) as their one and a 3 as their 2 (DPJ). He is both too slow and lacks the quickness to get open when defenses play him straight up.

Maybe you are right. We will see if better QB play makes them look better. I think in the past some open guys didn't get the ball, or were targeted late as their open window was closing. Very few receivers get open and stay open for very long.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Baker_Dawg

This is smack talk and belongs in the appropriate form.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 07/31/22 01:39 PM
Another WR down: Weston leaves on cart, significant injury feared
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/202...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
Injuries are a part of football. A very physical sport with very big people moving very fast is bound to lead to people getting hurt. When injuries become problematic is either when they hit the top-level players on a team or when they hit a specific position group especially hard.

For the Cleveland Browns, the latter has been a problem during the first week of training camp. The wide receiver position, which wasn’t considered overall deep to begin with, has been hit with a few important injuries.

The first two, David Bell and Anthony Schwartz, are not expected to be major but could cost each player important practice time. For Bell as a rookie, early assimilation is important. For Schwartz, getting confidence back after a rough rookie year would be vital.

On Saturday another injury happened at the position with Isaiah Weston being carted off with what seemed to be something serious:

According to Brad Stainbrook, the injury is to his ACL but may not be a complete tear.

Weston was a very interesting undrafted free agent addition for the team. At 6’3″, Weston ran a 4.42 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. He has the best athletic score of all receivers since 1987.

With the Browns off on Sunday, we are unlikely to get official word from the team until they return on Monday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/01/22 02:21 AM
Good point. We’ll find out with better QB play
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 08/09/22 12:20 PM
j/c

I didn't want a new thread for this - but Mekhi Becton looks to have a serious injury. I know there was a lot of debate (as always) about that year's OT draft class and Becton is a massive man that played the position well. I think there were a few of us worried about the potential for serious injury when you are that big and play a position that is in a dog fight every down. Hope he bounces back. I liked what the Jets did in the draft this year but they still need a lot of help.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...khi-becton-initially-thought-source-says
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/09/22 02:50 PM
That is too bad. He’s had some injury problems and this seem serious. Hoping he recovers quickly.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 08/09/22 03:01 PM
That sucks.

Always a major concern when dudes that large have knee problems.

6'7" 365 😲
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/09/22 03:05 PM
Oh he’s massive
Posted By: hitt Re: Injuries - 08/11/22 12:25 AM
Bell hurt his foot, we need him to be healthy when season starts and hope his college production translates to the pros. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 08/14/22 06:33 PM
Not Browns related but too good not to share.

Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 12:56 AM
Did we sign JC Tretter yet?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
My thought too
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:32 AM
me3.

Pay the man.
Eat grilled crow with a honey-mustard glaze.
Plug him in.

This one is mind-numbingly dumb.
It doesn't matter what number is taking snaps under center. You gotta have a center who can deliver those snaps, and protect within the system.

They should do this yesterday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:36 AM
I think the apologize part is the biggest hurdle
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:38 AM

Did I miss something? Did the Browns do something to Tretter that they need to apologize for?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Did I miss something? Did the Browns do something to Tretter that they need to apologize for?
I think I’ve read that he felt slighted that he was cut (IIRC right?). Now, maybe our FO felt that he’d be signed pretty easily if he wanted to, but that hasn’t come to pass. Just reading the tea leaves on some of the social media stuff between players
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:42 AM
Thanks. I never heard that.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:43 AM
We need Tretter. No apologies are needed. And it’s possible his knees won’t let him play anymore.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:45 AM

Yeah... I was editing even as you typed out your response.
It now reads "eat crow."

Bizniss decisions get done all the time; circumstances change. Tretter is prob more valuable to CLE now than when they did the calculus that prompted them to let him go. Supply/demand.

That's all I was really tryna say.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 09:40 AM
No doubt about it. He’s of value to us more than other teams … plus he knows our personnel and system more than he would other places, so it might be the best place for him too.

Hoping for that outcome
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 12:41 PM
JC is not here today due to the salary cap...a thing that either exists or doesn't exist depending on your frame of mind and/or the player/situation in question. He showed no signs last year during actual games that he was unable to continue. The FO chose to move on. Tampa needs a C now that their starter has gone down. If you were JC, where would you choose to go?

Do you remember 5-20 years ago? Cycling through guys like Brian Hoyer, Tyrod Taylor and Colt McCoy? We are back to being that team until DW can play again...if he's not rusted like an old pickup truck by then. We will fish for free agent players and they will choose elsewhere...we will sign a washed-up turd like Will Fuller and watch him collect money after attending the Dwayne Bowe "How to screw a desperate team" seminar. I'll stop there so as to not derail the thread.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:35 PM
I think whenever DW plays he is going to be very good. It may take 3 or 4 games ? But I think he will be as good as when he played for HOU. If he doesn't play to that level and he regresses, you know it won't be his fault and it won't be a bad trade .... The blame will be laid at the feet of the big, bad NFL and Rodger.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think whenever DW plays he is going to be very good. It may take 3 or 4 games ? But I think he will be as good as when he played for HOU. If he doesn't play to that level and he regresses, you know it won't be his fault and it won't be a bad trade .... The blame will be laid at the feet of the big, bad NFL and Rodger.

Before we start loading the chamber for the latest QB argument that hasn't even happened, let's wait and see how he does. IMO, if that does happen I think KS will be the one in peoples' crosshairs.

That said, Watson's on-field body of work is such that it won't be overwritten by his first couple games here.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 08/15/22 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD

How about now?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 02:14 AM
Our center position is pretty dire
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 04:01 AM
Rookie 7th round pick Dawson Deaton is out for the season with a torn acl.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 10:41 AM
Browns 7th round center Dawson Deaton out for the season with a torn ACL
Updated: Aug. 15, 2022, 10:38 p.m.|Published: Aug. 15, 2022, 10:30 p.m.

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Three days after Browns starting center Nick Harris was likely lost for the season to a right knee injury, rookie center Dawson Deaton was carted off the Browns practice field with a season-ending torn ACL.

Day 13 of training camp proved to be an unlucky day for Deaton, who had moved up to backup center behind Ethan Pocic when Harris went down on the second play of Friday night’s 24-13 victory over the Jaguars in the first preseason game.

Deaton is the fourth Browns offensive player to be lost for the season this camp, including two that were possibly headed for the practice squad in Deaton and undrafted rookie receiver Isaiah Weston (torn ACL and torn meniscus). The other was Pro Bowl returner Jakeem Grant, who suffered a season-ending ruptured Achilles tendon last week.

With Deaton carted off early on in practice, backup guards Hjalte Froholdt and Michael Dunn took some snaps at center. As for replacing Harris, the Browns are confident in Ethan Pocic and have no current plans to bring back JC Tretter, who’s still a free agent.

The Browns will undoubtedly keep their eyes open for offensive line depth in the coming roster cuts.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...-out-for-the-season-with-a-torn-acl.html
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Wow...two centers, drafted by the Browns didn't last very long once the contact started.

It seems that the Browns analytics driven draft team might have a misconception about the qualities needed to play the center position...

Someone like J.C. Tretter might be a good choice...ya think ?

Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by mac
....Wow...two centers, drafted by the Browns didn't last very long once the contact started.

It seems that the Browns analytics driven draft team might have a misconception about the qualities needed to play the center position...

Are you seriously blaming analytics for those injuries?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 11:30 AM
LOL
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mac
....Wow...two centers, drafted by the Browns didn't last very long once the contact started.

Apparently, he is... I don't get it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Wow...two centers, drafted by the Browns didn't last very long once the contact started.

Lolz.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Berry and Depo where the dudes that brought in Tretter in the first place... Was that just some rift in the analytics universe?

Maybe they see the writing on the wall and know the algorithms are about to injure him as well?
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Maybe, but it seems more like an implication we should carry 4-5 centers on the roster. Either explanation doesn't seem to be well thought out.
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by mac

jfan...you trying to say that when the analytics inclined front office judges Center talent, that they don't have certain standards that they emphasize over other standards?

For example: when judging centers, do the analytics inclined Browns emphasize speed and quickness over strength?

Are the Browns more willing to take a chance, drafting a center in the later rounds vs spending a high draft slot such as 2nd round to draft a center?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 04:59 PM
Let's get 1 thing out of the way first.... You answered a clear and direct question with 3 irrelevant questions. But since you did not respond with a simple 'No', I guess the implication is that you do blame analytics for a freak injury... which is completely absurd.

The blocking scheme calls for faster and smarter linemen vs stronger plodders. When Nick Harris was drafted, it was because his traits were a perfect fit for the offense, and we had Tretter to allow Harris to develop.

Maybe you should point your ire towards the strength and conditioning folks on the Browns. Nick supposedly did a ton of work over the off-season to change his body and get ready for the season. While I don't think they should be blamed either, the argument at least makes sense that that contributed to his injury vs anything the analytics folks did or didn't do.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 05:39 PM
j/c...

Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 06:25 PM
The blocking scheme calls for faster and smarter linemen vs stronger plodders. When Nick Harris was drafted, it was because his traits were a perfect fit for the offense, and we had Tretter to allow Harris to develop.

oobs...so, in your opinion, Nick Harris, an undersized center at 6-1-293# was the perfect Center for the Browns and JC Tretter, "a strong plodder"
was not the type of Center the Browns analytics driven draft team would want playing center in 2022..?

OOBS...tell us, how did that work out for our "analytics driven draft team"..?

I believe the Browns draft team used their analytics driven criteria to draft their choice to take over from Tretter, when they selected Harris in the 2020 draft..?

JMO, but I believe the Browns analytics driven draft team might search for some help when it comes to judging OLine talent.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by mac

jfan...you trying to say that when the analytics inclined front office judges Center talent, that they don't have certain standards that they emphasize over other standards?

For example: when judging centers, do the analytics inclined Browns emphasize speed and quickness over strength?

Are the Browns more willing to take a chance, drafting a center in the later rounds vs spending a high draft slot such as 2nd round to draft a center?

You could have just said yes, but I see you trebled down on your usual "answer a question with a question" malarkey.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 06:39 PM
Tretter is an all-around excellent olineman. IIRC, he fits in just about any scheme. He was signed in 2017 by Sashi, in case you forgot. He's also still a FA in a league that has more than 1 team seemingly in need of help at center (again, in case you forgot).

Tretter is older and expensive. Harris is younger and cheaper, and by all account was ready to take over until an unfortunate injury. While Tretter always gutted out games, dude basically couldn't practice for like 2 full seasons. If you can't/won't understand how younger guys taking over for older guys is a normal thing in the NFL, then that's on you.

And back to my first point... why are all of your responses in the form of a question? It gives the impression that you yourself are not sure of or don't believe what you're saying.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 06:49 PM
He's the Riddler.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 07:11 PM
JC Tretter, "a strong plodder" was not the type of Center the Browns analytics driven draft team would want playing center in 2022..?

Tretter is not a "strong plodder." He's always been known for his athleticism and good feet. Here is one comment about him coming out of college and I provided a couple of links:

Tretter is an athletic offensive lineman, who will likely have to move to the inside at the next level. He plays the game with good balance and coordination. However there will be questions about his length, strength, and the competition he played. Tretter looks to be a nice long-term upside type.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jc-tretter/32005452-4576-8289-e848-de32c15c2d32

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1615370-jc-tretter-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-cornell-og
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer
He's the Riddler.

I think you are on to something. He's been doing that for years.
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 09:57 PM
You could have just said yes, but I see you trebled down on your usual "answer a question with a question" malarkey.

jfan...I see, you can ask questions, but I can't...how bout that..!

Every front office has a set of standards that they rely on to base their judgement of draft talent. If a franchise's draft team has too many "misses", it can really set a franchise back. The Browns just invested 2 yrs of training and development on a player who might not have have the basic physical tools to play the position that the Browns drafted him for...center.

An undersized center who is capable of turning in one of the fastest 40 times is rather meaningless, imo. .....more later!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Come on, Man! You've been using the "answer a question with a question" schtick for years and years. And you rarely if ever answer those asked of you.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 08/16/22 10:14 PM
This is hilarious:

Worker-bee, center-only prospect who won't check many physical boxes but brings his grit to the fight on every snap. Harris' body type belies his impressive foot quickness and ability to make all the move blocks needed from his position. His ability to sustain both run and pass blocks speak to his consistency of effort and performance, but size, scheme and positional limitations could cause him to drop lower in the draft than his actual tape would dictate.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-harris/32004841-5249-4038-a013-d8b883767b71
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 08/17/22 02:43 AM
I hope Thomas can play Sunday. I liked what he did last week and any reps he can get are important
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 08/17/22 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by mac

Come on, Man! You've been using the "answer a question with a question" schtick for years and years. And you rarely if ever answer those asked of you.

Also... yours was a statement... not a question.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 06:52 AM
Dalvin Cook injury update, Week 4 fantasy outlook
UPDATE: Vikings' coach Kevin O'Connell called Cook "day to day" heading into Week 4.

Cook (shoulder) was ruled out of the Vikings' come-from-behind victory over the Lions in Week 3 after dislocating his shoulder in the third quarter. According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, "Cook has an unrepaired labral tear and wasn't wearing a harness."

Cook has dealt with this same shoulder injury in the past, playing two games with a harness. By his own estimation, he'll "be out there" next week when the Vikings travel to London to face the Saints, but obviously that won't be his decision. If for some reason the Vikings take a more cautious approach and sit Cook, then fellow RB Alexander Mattison would be a top priority on the waiver wire. Mattison played every snap once Cook was ruled out and has RB1 upside when Cook fails to suit up. At the very least, let this serve as a reminder that Mattison is an extremely valuable handcuff and should be owned in most leagues.

Wow, maybe Cook would prefer playing for Stefanski again where he could make the decision whether he plays or not. Unbelievable that rookie coach Kevin O'Connell would actually think the head coach makes the decision whether a guy plays or not.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 09:01 AM
What is your point?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
What is your point?
Haha we clearly need to add Cook to fortify our RB room

In all honesty, he’s a frustrating player because he’s always banged up
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 11:07 AM
He's one of the Fabulous Baker Boys and blames Stefanski for Baker's issues.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

With each passing week they are becoming more of an endangered species around here. They certainly don't post at the same clip anymore.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 12:34 PM

With each passing week they are becoming more of an endangered species around here. They certainly don't post at the same clip anymore.

It won't be long before Baker becomes one of the better backup QBs' in the League ... but first he will have to admit to himself that he is not starting QB material, like Colt McCoy did, carving out a nice career as a backup.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 12:37 PM

Unfortunately, I am not a Baker boy as Vers claims. In fact, the only one posting constantly about Baker is Vers. I just found it interesting that the Vikings as well as every other team in the NFL has the HC making the decisions as to whether a player plays or not no matter what the player thinks or says. Due to the 100's of posts in this forum claiming in Cleveland the player decides if he plays, injured or not, I thought it was interesting that teams will actually come out publicly and say who really makes the decision. I've never been confused but there are posts on this forum clearly showing there are some here that are confused.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 01:07 PM

Hopefully, they will soon become extinct.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by steve0255

Unfortunately, I am not a Baker boy as Vers claims. In fact, the only one posting constantly about Baker is Vers. I just found it interesting that the Vikings as well as every other team in the NFL has the HC making the decisions as to whether a player plays or not no matter what the player thinks or says. Due to the 100's of posts in this forum claiming in Cleveland the player decides if he plays, injured or not, I thought it was interesting that teams will actually come out publicly and say who really makes the decision. I've never been confused but there are posts on this forum clearly showing there are some here that are confused.

Your point was well made and what you said is true. Lots of posters - especially the one calling you names and "Baker Boy" said the decision on whether Baker played was all up to Baker and not the HC. But it's easier to poke fun at you than respond to the facts. C'est la vie.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 01:41 PM
He's obsessed. LMAO

steve0255 User All Pro Reading More Baker... the slow trek to the end
Posted By: eotab Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 01:59 PM

Actually they probably would not post about Baker at all if you guys would stop posting every chance you get about Baker. He does not play here anymore. Kid was good - the little I have seen his new team SUCKS so hard to assess his game.
All I know is the trade was not a good one. Especially for the fact that we were one the cusp of building a CHAMPIONSHIP Defense and now we go 3 years without a first round pick for a Defensive player or some help on the OT depth.

But you guys keep on showing how smart you are when in fact you are only concentrating on a small variable that is impossible to assess and not the FACT that we must SURVIVE 3 years without a first round pick.

Jacoby is playing beyond his expectations I am so happy for him but if you notice we haven't been playing the top echelon of teams and all 3 scores are very close. I don't see the remote sense of well being for our team and this trade...Oh and did I miss the part that our Million Dollar Baby is a scumbag in his sexual encounters. What a guy. So you probably should get off the high horse. Obviously there are some people who became fans of the Browns because their college QB was drafted by the Browns - they actually are trying to stay fans of the Browns - why chase them away.
jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 02:11 PM
Actually, steve brought it up. This thread was all but dead. He had to take yet another shot at the HC of the Browns.
Posted By: Swish Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 02:13 PM
aye is our guy Bryant gonna be good to go anytime soon? we really need him to open up the passing game even more. i still think bryant could develop to really be that dude.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 02:29 PM
Actually, steve brought it up. This thread was all but dead. He had to take yet another shot at the HC of the Browns.

Exactly. Steve posted a comment that was directed at and in relation to the HC. But it was you that brought Baker into it. Like you always do.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 03:10 PM
He's obsessed. LMAO

steve0255 User All Pro Reading More Baker... the slow trek to the end

You're STALKING which part of the board another member is reading and he's obsessed!

Lord have mercy. lmao
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 03:17 PM
If Baker was as good as so many thought he wouldn't be 32nd in the QBR ratings.
Jacoby Brissett is doing what is expected out of a QB. PROTECT THE FOOTBALL
AND KEEP THE CHAINS MOVING
he isn't a turnover factory like Baker was. Jacoby knows his limitations
As a QB and he isn't fooling himself thinking he is better than what he is.
Mayfield was never as elite as wanted himself to believe
Baker didn't exactly face a top echelon teams last week to week and he
Still couldn't get the Browns to the playoffs
I can't believe Brissett is getting discredited cause he hasn't faced
"Top echlon" teams so far.
Heck Mayfield played against 2 below average defenses to start the 2021
Season and nobody brought up how weak those defenses were
Nope...all that brought up was his fools good 97% completion percentage
What is his completion % this year ???
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 03:26 PM
It goes both ways. When somebody posts something negative about BM, it gets multiple replies whether it was in response to another post or initially brought up....and then there's an ensuing discussion about who brought him up first. I think it's entertaining that so many people feel a need to defend him here. He didn't leave on the best of terms, and he brought some of that on himself.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 04:59 PM

Hopefully, they will soon become extinct.

Like you did for a long time?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 05:05 PM
He didn't leave on the best of terms, and he brought some of that on himself.

Didn't leave on the best of terms? No, he didn't. He signed a huge contract extension and then only a short time later demanded a trade and refused to play for an entire season until his demand was met.

No, wait, never mind that wasn't baker.

It seems some defend a QB who should have brought a lot more on himself, and did.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by steve0255

Your point was well made and what you said is true. Lots of posters - especially the one calling you names and "Baker Boy" said the decision on whether Baker played was all up to Baker and not the HC. But it's easier to poke fun at you than respond to the facts. C'est la vie.

Actually, I remember Baker saying that.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
He didn't leave on the best of terms, and he brought some of that on himself.

Didn't leave on the best of terms? No, he didn't. He signed a huge contract extension and then only a short time later demanded a trade and refused to play for an entire season until his demand was met.

No, wait, never mind that wasn't baker.

It seems some defend a QB who should have brought a lot more on himself, and did.

Back to the selective quoting tactic I see. You've pretty much proven the point of the rest of my post that you didn't quote.
blush
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 06:25 PM
I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this portion of your post. Sorry that bothers you. You brought up " He didn't leave on the best of terms, and he brought some of that on himself. " Yet you don't like the fact that the 230 million dollar man left his former team under even worse terms and far more egregious actions. It's obvious that it's not actually about what a player does but which unifrom they're wearing that makes the difference to you.

Neither did themselves any favors so no, I'm not sticking up for some of Baker's actions. What I'm doing is showing you the prime example of your selective finger pointing depending on who the player is and what uniform they're wearing.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 06:41 PM
Actually I think a lot of posts get made based on the who they are responding to - as well as the player and uniform they wear. Case in point, I've seen a few posts directed at me for responding to non-football posts by a particular poster.... funnily enough all those posts to me make mention of the person I am responding to and the original non-football post, but they never actually address the poster of the original combative non-football post directly. You know - the one that is the instigator of 80% or more of the conflict on this board.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Actually, I remember Baker saying that.

1. Who runs the team and makes decisions on who plays ?
2. Regardless of what a player says - who runs the team and makes decisions on who plays?
Posted By: hitt Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 07:39 PM
Sorry, I messed up, this post stated it was about injuries......where? It's posters bashing each other. Bye.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 09:05 PM
Maybe what the NFL is really about is who plays and who does not play.

Before a game is played week one. The talk is all about this team and that team and how great they are. The media all has their picks. These are the playoff teams.

Fans look at the schedule and go whoa. We have a tough schedule. We will win these games and lose these games.

Then injuries start to happen.

Of the top 15 most injured teams in the NFL, only 4 qualified for post-season. Injuries ruin seasons.

Maybe one the factors that should be studied is quality of depth. The reality is backups become starters.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 09:15 PM
We have the Patriots and Chargers coming up.

Matt Jones out. Herbert hurt. Joey Bosa on the IR. Chargers are a mess with injuries.

Teams when the season started made the schedule look real hard.

My conclusion is never look to far ahead because ya never know.

The distant horizon can be quite surprisin'
When finally the journey is through.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 09:53 PM
Man, the Chargers are a MASH unit.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 10:15 PM
Last season the Ravens were taken out with injuries.

I am sure there are stats. But I wonder about averages like how many projected starters finish the season without missing games?

How many season ending injuries per team?

How many games do starters miss?

Injuries in the NFL are so common.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 09/28/22 10:45 PM
No idea about the questions you asked, but I definitely agree w/you about the Ravens last year. I might be mistaken, but there always seems to be one team each year that is almost like an outlier when it comes to injuries. Chargers this year. Baltimore last year. San Fran a couple to few years ago.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 09/29/22 12:34 AM

^This is why we tell you to shut up. This is why people stalk you to such a degree on here. You are too damn stubborn to get it or you're a troll. Either way, it's time to let the whole baker thing go.

We liked Baker, maybe more than he deserved. You hate baker, way more than he ever deserved. And OBJ is a punk.
Posted By: eotab Re: Injuries - 09/29/22 01:08 PM

shows you who I read and who I do not..lol laugh
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/29/22 05:36 PM

At least there are no punctured lungs by the trainers ... yet
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 09/29/22 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

At least there are no punctured lungs by the trainers ... yet

Give it time!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 02:12 PM
Wow! Who woulda thunk it?!?

Minnesota Vikings RB Dalvin Cook cleared to play after suffering shoulder injury
1:13 PM ET
Kevin Seifert
ESPN Staff Writer

Minnesota Vikings tailback Dalvin Cook has been cleared to play Sunday in London against the New Orleans Saints, coach Kevin O'Connell told reporters Friday.

Cook suffered a subluxation of his left shoulder in the third quarter of the Vikings' 28-24 victory in Week 3 over the Detroit Lions. He sat out the rest of the game and also missed the team's practice Wednesday. But he returned to practice Thursday, traveled with the Vikings to London and participated fully in Friday's practice there.

Cook has a history of shoulder injuries. If he should suffer a setback, the Vikings would turn to backup Alexander Mattison, who rushed for 28 yards and a touchdown on seven carries against the Lions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...k-cleared-play-suffering-shoulder-injury
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 06:01 PM
link

Browns rule out Myles Garrett
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 1, 2022, 12:10 PM EDT

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett will miss Sunday’s game in Atlanta after injuries sustained in a car accident this week.

The Browns announced today that Garrett won’t be traveling with the team to take on the Falcons.

Garrett suffered bicep and shoulder injuries when he flipped his Porsche this week. Police cited Garrett for failure to control his vehicle and said he was driving over the speed limit.

The Browns did not make any announcement about defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, who is listed as questionable for the game, which indicates that he will make the trip to Atlanta and his game status will be decided after pregame warmups tomorrow.

Cleveland also signed tight end Miller Forristall to the active roster, making him eligible to play on Sunday.
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 06:19 PM
As I said the day of Myles accident..the real pain from an auto accident is not known immediately but might take a day or so to know the full extent of injuries or the full extent of the pain. I was hoping that the Browns medical staff would resist the temptation to play Myles, preferring that the Browns allow Myles a reasonable amount of time to recover and heal from his injuries.

I would much rather have Myles healthy and performing at his best for the rest of the season than play against Atlanta at 60% and risk additional injury to himself that resulted from the auto accident.

Time for the depth of the defense to step up and do their part to delivering a WIN IN ATLANTA..GO BROWNS..!! thumbsup
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 06:24 PM
I agree w/you. I am bummed that Myles won't play because that really hurts our chances, but it's good to know that our organization will not play a player when he is not ready to see the field.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 08:11 PM
Myles once again doing stupid stuff to make himself unavailable for his team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/01/22 10:12 PM
It certainly hurts our chances tomorrow. Bummer. But for his sake, it’s the right thing
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injuries - 10/02/22 01:32 AM
Probably is. I really hope Clowney can play tomorrow.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/02/22 09:25 AM
Clowney will most certainly be out
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/02/22 03:57 PM
Myles once again doing stupid stuff to make himself unavailable for his team.

Considering the seriousness of one players actions and the impact it will have on this team this season, are the actions of Myles really worth mentioning? I would think not.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 12:14 PM
Myles' stupidity is absolutely worth mentioning. He's a Captain...the "leader" of the defense...the guy the entire D looks-up-to. The example of how to "act like a pro". Just because another guy is a creep, that doesn't absolve Myles of his own stupidity.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 12:51 PM
Myles isn't just stupid, he's immature. 120 in a 70? He should be grateful he didn't kill someone.

No wonder our defense plays like a rudderless, leaderless ship. Their "leader" is an immature, dumb meat head who always finds a way to let his team down.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 06:29 PM
We certainly looked uninspired in the 4th quarter yesterday. We took the lead back, and our defense managed to give up 14 straight runs right down their throats lol
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 10:06 PM
Myles isn't just stupid, he's immature. 120 in a 70? He should be grateful he didn't kill someone.

No wonder our defense plays like a rudderless, leaderless ship. Their "leader" is an immature, dumb meat head who always finds a way to let his team down.

I thought he was in agoing 65 in a 45 mph?

that's really not crazy speeding...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 10:19 PM
j/c:

I think people confuse what leadership on a football team, basketball team, etc really is. It's not about what you do off the field. Speeding? Sex? Clubbing? Drug/alcohol use? No, those things don't make you a leader or not. It's what you do in games, practices, and how you handle yourself in the locker room.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 10:21 PM

It's reckless speeding. 20 MPH over the limit isn't a little bit of a heavy foot. It is a plan.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Injuries - 10/03/22 10:53 PM

The 120 in a 70 was earlier. Maybe last year. Terrible. But he got popped A DAY LATER for 105 in a 70. Get the guy a yugo.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 03:29 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...mp;cvid=b515661eac5342aabba776f471cd926c

BEREA, Ohio (WKBN) – The Cleveland Browns have officially placed rookie running back Jerome Ford on injured reserve.

© Provided by WKBN Youngstown
He will miss at least the next four games, but could return later this season.

Browns cut safety, bring back familiar face
Ford suffered an ankle injury in Sunday’s loss to the Falcons. Ford appeared in each of the first four games, returning six kickoffs for an average of 24.2 yards per return, with a long of 44 yards.

The Browns have also officially signed defensive end Sam Kamara. The second-year player out of Stony Brook appeared in eight games for the Bears last season. He logged 10 tackles, one tackle for loss and one pass defensed.

The Browns also released Curtis Weaver from the practice squad.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 12:12 PM
I wish Ford had more of a chance to be involved this year. He really showed some promise in the preseason and I think he’s a long term answer here as a backup RB
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
I actually am good w/him going to IR. He was making some terrible decisions on kickoff returns. He is a good returner, but he hurt us a couple of times by returning kicks that should have been touchbacks. His last return really put us a hole. I trust DEJ much more.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 02:27 PM
Greedy Williams is expected to practice Wednesday

Posted by Josh Alper on October 5, 2022, 9:52 AM EDT

Browns cornerback Greedy Williams became eligible to return to practice this week and it appears he will do so.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that Williams is expected to be on the field with the rest of the team on Wednesday. Williams was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury ahead of the first game of the regular season.

Once Williams is officially designated to return, he’ll have three weeks to practice with the team before they will have to activate him or shut him down for the year. He can be activated at any point in that window.

Williams was a 2019 second-round pick and missed all of 2020 with a shoulder injury. He started eight of the 16 games he played last season and had 41 tackles, two interceptions, and a forced fumble in those appearances.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 02:41 PM
Shut him down for the year????
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 03:40 PM
Darn. I was hoping Curtis Weaver would have worked out. It's a good story.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 04:33 PM
The Browns have also officially signed defensive end Sam Kamara. The second-year player out of Stony Brook appeared in eight games for the Bears last season. He logged 10 tackles, one tackle for loss and one pass defensed.

I'm curious about how we're looking to potentially use Kamara. The article calls him a DE. He was projected as a 3T going into the draft. The Browns site has him listed as a LB.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

I'm curious about how we're looking to potentially use Kamara. The article calls him a DE. He was projected as a 3T going into the draft. The Browns site has him listed as a LB.

I think we will put him at the Edge as a situational pass rusher.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 04:51 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 05:09 PM
I saw Clowney's injury. He really did roll that ankle. And I am not saying he's healed, but man, this guy misses more time than just about anyone. He hardly ever practices during camp. He had that rep even in college. The locals here in Columbia loved his talent, but his effort and dedication were often questioned.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 05:21 PM
Teams just have to understand going in Clowney's a 13-14 game a year guy. Not going to break a sweat to get back.

He'll probably take another week off.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 05:42 PM
It's a shame. He's so talented. Also, we really need him this week. We sure as hell don't want to blitz Herbert a lot.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Injuries - 10/05/22 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

The 120 in a 70 was earlier. Maybe last year. Terrible. But he got popped A DAY LATER for 105 in a 70. Get the guy a yugo.

Ahh yes, the Yugo. 0-60 in 20 minutes.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injuries - 10/06/22 12:00 AM
A sight for sore eyes.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/06/22 12:45 AM
The Yu(Don't)Go

I actually had one of those when I was younger. It was the only car I could find that was in my price range. It made my Dodge Omni look like a rocket. rofl
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 10/06/22 01:21 AM
My buddy had one shortly after high school, probably '87. He was a big dude and looked like he was shoe-horned into the thing. That thing was a dog and had a really hard time making it up hills. Talk about a tiny four cylinder...

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/06/22 03:57 PM
I remember riding in one back in high school. The doors on them felt like they were narrower than a 2x4, and I felt safer in an MG Midget where I felt like I could drag my knuckles on the pavement if I hung my arm down.
How those things were ever approved for U.S. roads is beyond me.
© DawgTalkers.net